Colorado Sound Reviews

Colorado Sound 3
Colorado Sound 4
  • Ichiko

ichiko asher · Married on 03/09/2019

If you want somebody to get people out on the dance floor, hire Leonard!

We spoke with a couple of DJ's before meeting with Leonard. He was very quick to respond to our emails and was very flexible when setting up meetings.
    After the first meeting with Leonard, we hired him on the spot. We knew immediately this was the DJ for us.
    Leonard with so fun to work with, very accommodating, and very professional. The day of the wedding he was there very early, setting up and making sure everything was in order.
    During the wedding, he got everybody out on the dance floor, and he was so lively and funny throughout the evening.
    Leonard is the BEST and I would recommend him to anybody and everybody looking to hire a DJ!

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Katheryn

Katheryn · Married on 10/06/2018

100% Recommend Colorado Sound

If you are looking for someone who can read your guests, be flexible, thinks quickly on their feet, keeps the dance moves grooving and special day on time, Leonard with Colorado Sound is your DJ! I did not have a day of coordinator and Leonard stepped in to make sure everything ran according to plan. He met with my other venders prior to the big day to acquire all necessary information. We did run behind schedule due to pictures taking too long and Leonard was able to get us back on track while entertaining our guests. This was important to me because our photographer and videographer were paid by the hour and early in the evening, it looked like we were goinf to miss capturing some special moments or end up paying more to the other venders. He made up the time so our moments were captured ans saved us money! Leonard also took a couple of neat photos that no one else got. See the attached photos for examples of his lighting and the special moment between my parents and I before walking down the aisle. I was thrilled to have Leonard as a huge part of my day and you will be too!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Colorado Sound 5
    Colorado Sound 6
    Colorado Sound 7
    Colorado Sound 8

Margeaux · Married on 03/25/2017

Leonard is great! He was extremely professional and had everything sound-wise ready and taken care of for the wedding day. The ceremony went smoothly and the music selections for the reception was great for dinner and for dancing! And he played El Paso!-a favorite song amongst our friends. I would recommend Leonard to any couple!

Sent on 03/29/2017

Jan · Married on 10/01/2016

Leonard was amazing, he made the party! He was so easy to work with, took all our suggestions and requests seriously and had a ton of good suggestions for ways to make the reception fun and games to play with the guests to keep everyone entertained. More than a few of our guests commented on how awesome and entertaining he was and said they wanted him for their future weddings. We would recommend him to anyone for their wedding!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2016

Leonard is fantastic. My husband and I were so thrilled we chose him as our wedding DJ. He is truly passionate about what he does and has the experience to match. Having him by our side on our special day made us feel at ease. He helped with so much more than we expected...we would have been lost without him! Our guests loved the music he played and there was never a dull moment. His input is meaningful and very well advised. He helped make our day even better than we could have imagined!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Autumn · Married on 07/23/2016

Leonard was the dj for our 7/23/16 wedding and he was AMAZING! I honestly can't recommend him enough. He kept everyone on the dance floor, was super professional, helped our friend with the mic for the ceremony and was everything you could ask and more. He watched for ques and kept the party going and went above and beyond by making sure my husband and I never had an empty glass. He's affordable and quick to respond in pre wedding planning and emails. I am so glad we hired him and you will be too!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/27/2016

Leonard was so amazing! We are so happy we had him as our DJ. He was so great to work with and had great suggestions for music and games. He kept the party going all night! Thank you, Leonard!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Contact Info

607 Morsman Dr, Fort Collins, CO (970) 226-0600
    Reviews
    Reviewed On 7/01/2016 Ashley B
    Leonard Kiel was our DJ for the ceremony and reception. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. When we initially met with him we were driving in from out of state and he took the time to meet us in the middle of the night to discuss what we were looking for. He took everything we said seriously. There were certain songs/artists that we didn't want played and he stood by that request. I've been to weddings before where the DJ had completely ignored the bride or groom's request not to play a song just because guests asked for it. He helped us a ton with picking out songs when we just couldn't think of anything. You can tell when you're talking to him he knows what he's doing, but he doesn't have a "this is how it needs to be done" attitude. He listens to what you want, and makes great suggestions. FYI his ice breakers for the reception are awesome!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Beth · Married on 10/08/2015

Leonard was amazing! He was very professional and listened to what we wanted from our DJ. Our wedding was a little different from most Colorado weddings, since we were from Louisiana, but he did a great job. He kept everyone dancing and kept the party going. I'm glad he was part of our wedding!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Carol · Married on 05/30/2015

My daughter and her fiancé chose Leonard as their DJ for their wedding at the Fort Collins Marriott, and boy, what a guy! He is professional all the way! He is always calm, has a great system and lighting, has music for all ages, is very accommodating and is able to keep things going and in control. They were engaged for a year and communication with Leonard throughout the year was great! He's a very patient person. I would not hesitate to have him again at any party.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Sandi · Married on 05/26/2015

Leonard Kiel from Colorado Sound was wonderful for our daughter outdoor wedding at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Co. He had a portable sound system that worked perfect since there was no power at wedding site.
    The sound and music during the wedding was clear and strong. He was a blast at the wedding and from talking with our daughter and her fiance beforehand he knew what type of music they liked and the kind of guests they were expecting to attend. The dance floor was full all night and guests commented on the great music he played. He checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy and if there was anything we wanted played. He did get the "Buckeyes" excited with Hang on Sloopy!!! and made my husband happy with the Love Train. Leonard was great! He gave us a discount with our weekday wedding. He was still more $ than some of the DJ's on vendors list, BUT HE WORKED SO WELL WITH OUR WEDDING PLANNER!! IT WAS A GREAT DECISION TO HIRE COLORADO SOUND!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Awesome DJ!!!!!! Over the past year my husband and I have attended six weddings, and have not been overly pleased with the DJ's, as they either did not have music that was being requested, did not play the music requested, or finally made a spectacle about the bride or groom, therefore we where completely lost on where to turn for a professional DJ that would help bring together our bilingual wedding. Leonard came highly recommended by our wedding planner, and I must say that I was extremely pleased. Leonard was excellent, he played a variety of music from oldies to new age and even a variety of Hispanic music. I could not find myself leaving the dance floor as I enjoyed each and every song that was being played, the dance floor was always full and friends and family raved over the experience with Leonard. In addition, Leonard came up with a game to play with the tables that were last to go to the buffet table, my husband and I were able to come up with a variety of questions to be asked and Leonard asked the questions to the last five tables in order for them to go up to eat, or if answered wrong was last to go up to eat. It was great fun and it made the wait on those at the end of the tables for a little of entertainment. He was able to take all the requests asked of him and played them in a very timely manner. Highly recommend him to future brides as he did a great job at my wedding!!!:)

Sent on 10/23/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/24/2013

I don't even know where to begin! Leonard is by far the best DJ out there. I feel so fortunate to have had him for our wedding DJ. He was always so responsive to emails and phone calls, he is reasonably priced and above all he loves what he does and it shows. He goes above and beyond for you because he wants to see you have an amazing day and I feel like he actually cares about you and it's not just about the business arrangement. His equipment is great and he has some pretty awesome extras like up lighting and a star/nebula projector that shines on the ceiling and will make you feel like your literally staring up at the stars with the love of your life. His ideas for events are absolutely amazing and there isn't one event that is to tricky or complicated, he will figure it out and make sure you have the time of your life. Our guests told us that he was awesome from start to finish and that our wedding was the best they had ever been to, they were actually up dancing and laughing, engaged in activities and enjoying themselves! Hiring Leonard was the best decision. Gregg and I can't thank you enough Leonard for making our day so memorable and amazing!!! I would recommend you for any event in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Brett · Married on 07/20/2013

The DJ I had booked for a year decided two days before my wedding that he had better opportunities elsewhere. In a panic we started getting the word out that we were in need of a DJ! Leonard was contacted by our venue sites coordinator and called us immediately. After a brief run down of what he offers, his sincerity, professionalism, past reviews of weddings he has performed at, we were sold. A nightmare had turned into a blessing. He went above and beyond for us. We felt more at ease with Leonard than we had for a year with other guys in just a brief moment. He made sure all the songs we wanted were downloaded, added some that worked out extremely well, and most of all he conducted our wedding perfectly. Everything was smooth, he kept us aware of what was going to happen and introduced us to the "mimic kiss." Which is a wonderfully fun twist on kissing after guests cling their glasses. you should ask him about it! We felt he cared about our wedding and I couldn't recommend a better DJ. Thank you Leonard and Colorado Sound!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/19/2013

My husband and I used Leonard from Colorado Sound for our wedding last month and we had so much fun at our reception! Not only was the music great and because of that our guests filled the dance floor, but he also added in a few fun surprises for our guests. While the buffet was being served, he played a game with our guests full of trivia about my husband and I and every laughed the whole time! He also worked with our caterer to create a very unique presentation of our meal! He brought hats and gloves as props for the waitstaff and they served the salads to our reserved tables to the song "Be Our Guest" from Beauty & the Beast. My husband loves Disney movies and music and we had LOTS of kids at our reception so it was a huge hit!

Thanks so much Leonard, for everything! Shawn & I couldn't have imagined our reception any other way!

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 06/23/2013

Leonard was amazing and really great to work with! My husband and I have two different tastes in music and he brought both of our styles together. He made the non dancers really move too. Highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Laura · Married on 06/25/2011

Leonard did an excellent job at our wedding! He really helped the reception flow smoothly. His music choices were perfect. He definitely read the crowd and kept everyone on the dance floor up until the last minute! He was low key, which is what we were looking for- we did not want a DJ who "stole the show" by telling too many jokes or talking too much. Leonard just organized everything behind the scenes. He is willing to work with you so that the reception is exactly the way you want it!

Sent on 08/15/2011

Abby · Married on 09/09/2017

Leonard is a true gem! Friendly, organized and always ready and able to work with you, he is the perfect DJ and "Master of Ceremony" for your wedding or event. He kept our guests entertained (and orderly when it came to getting food) and excited! He was more than happy to help out with my dad and I's goofy father/daughter dance and his set up and mics for the ceremony and reception were perfect. And overall, heck, he's just a good guy! Leonard won't disappoint.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Leonard is the most amazing DJ ever! I had definite sticker-shock when I started checking out Colorado DJ's, but Leonard always seemed well worth the money. He has tons of experience and really knows what he's doing. He had tons of recommendations for how to make my reception more fun (like the anniversary dance, kissing game, and shoe game), but always listened to us for how we wanted things done. He also offered a lighting service that was really cool. Originally we decided that we didn't want it, and he was fine with that. Then, when we changed our minds, he was fine with that, too! He was one of the only DJ's we interviewed that we knew would make the day about "us" and not "him".

Leonard is very detail-oriented and so friendly! We loved talking with him. And his music selections were excellent! We were dancing all night, which was impressive considering the large age range of our guests. Almost everyone at our wedding asked where we found him.

Leonard was also a life-saver when we lost our venue due to flooding in Loveland. He remained calm and assured us that he would do anything that we needed to make our wedding happen. He even drove over 100 miles to our new venue, over dirt roads and everything, to make sure that we had a DJ. We just can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Lindsay · Married on 07/07/2017

Leonard was great to work with! He provided us with a mongram on our dance floor which helped tie our decor together. The music was perfect! Leonard was great with timing and coordination of the events throughout our wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Leonard was great to work with. His knowledge of music and weddings in general was a great help for our day. We had many compliments about our DJ and the fun question game for releasing tables to our buffett line. He even gave us a mint and toothpick after our meal! Very organized and timely!! Great dance party song choices!!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Adriana · Married on 03/27/2010

Totally awesome! Leonard has great ideas!! He wasn't as available as I would have liked - we decided on the mother-son dance song the day of! He was great though, the day of couldn't have gone better!

Sent on 04/30/2010

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

3.5

Leonard was amazing to work with. From our first meeting he was very great to work with. We booked him in January for our June wedding. When we met with him in February he already had 3 other people interested in our date. So book early. He gave us great suggestions for all of our dances. We picked something out of the ordinary for the entrance and he was able to find this song for us. When he asked us for a list of songs to play for the reception we said please just play wedding music. He did a great job playing a variety of music, and taking requests from our guests. Thanks for making our party amazing.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Melinda · Married on 08/28/2011

Lenord did an amazing job, from speakers for my live quartet, to the mic for our reception dinner toasts, to the great dancing afterwards he was very flexable, and accomidated more then what i had expected. Kept the music alive and moving all night. My attendants had a blast, also nailed the music selection on the head.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Laurel · Married on 07/17/2011

3.0

Leonard was very professional and on top of everything. He really helped make our wedding an event and kept everything flowing etc. He worked with the staff at our reception to make everything go perfectly. He played everything we wanted and nothing we didnt want

Sent on 02/09/2012