Colorado Rose Cake Company Reviews

215 | Berthoud, CO

215 Reviews for Colorado Rose Cake Company

Carole N. · Married on 07/15/2021

Perfect cake for the perfect day!!

Heidi was THE BEST! She was very responsive and SO SWEET! The cake's flavor - funfetti and cookies and cream (for the groom) was so yummy and the cakes design (Mountain scape) was AMAZING and SO PERFECT for the venue! It topped off the perfect day with a perfect cake. We would highly recommend Colorado Rose Cake for your wedding or any event you may have. THANK YOU HEIDI - IT WAS PERFECT!!

Sent on 07/15/2021

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you for your review Carole. It was such a pleasure to work with you. So happy to be a part of your daughters and new sons wedding day story!!

Dee D. · Married on 06/25/2021

Amazing cake!!!!

Heidi was the most wonderful "cake lady" we could have had!! We received so many compliments on the cake with most people saying that it tasted better than any wedding cake they'd ever had. It tasted like she was baking it with love for her child's birthday, not like a wedding cake. The whole experience was amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2021

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you Dee Dee. Loved every minute of working with you! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience.

Kindly,

Lauren B. · Married on 03/09/2021

Best cake ever!

We had a wonderful experience with this company. We planned a destination wedding in Colorado and only had time to arrange for one in-person meeting. We sat down with Heidi to look at different styles and see plenty of examples in photos and demo cakes. She prepared a plate of samples, then actually gave us a private moment to taste each one and decide what we wanted.
    I (bride) am pretty particular about cake. My mom makes the best which means I’m not a fan of store bought cakes. I was worried that I wouldn’t enjoy the cake at my wedding. I was just getting one because of tradition. However, after the tasting, I realized I would very much be eating cake at my wedding because it was a very close comparison to my mother’s cakes. When choosing the cake, we did not struggle with who we should pick, but which flavors did we want to include. Everything went perfect the day of the wedding with the cake set up. The delivery company knew exactly where to put the cake and it tasted DELICIOUS!! We highly, highly recommend this company for your wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hi Lauren,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to write this. It warms my heart to read your words and I'm so happy you were happy. We wish you all the best in life and your love.

Robin C. · Married on 08/08/2020

Delicious Wedding Cake- exactly as requested

Even with a change in date twice, and finally with it moved up with just about 2 weeks notice, and a change in the amount of cake required, Heidi managed to squeeze in making our daughter's wedding cake. She was flexible in making sure the cake was ready for one of the bridemaids to pick it up on her way up to Estes Park, as Heidi had two other weddings that day and couldn't deliver it. Everyone said it was one of the best wedding cakes they'd ever eaten and loved the design. I would not hesitate to hire Colorado Rose Cake Company in the future.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Hi Robyn,

thank you for the kind review. I know things did not go as planned this year, but am so happy I was still able to help. You were wonderful to work with, and I love hearing everyone enjoyed it! Take Care.
  • Shannon

Shannon G. · Married on 08/07/2020

Best Wedding Cake

Heidi was a pleasure to work with. Picking out the cake flavors and design was easy and fun. We were even allowed to mix and match from their normal flavor combinations. The cake turned out amazing! I have never been to a wedding where so much cake was consumed. My husband has celiac disease and they were even able to make him a gluten free layer. Great experience.

Sent on 09/02/2020

Hi Shannon,

thank you so much for sharing your experience. You two were such a pleasure to work with from the start. Thank you for sharing pictures, I love them!! Wishing you two the best!!

-Heidi

Luke J. · Married on 06/10/2020

The guests were fighting over this cake! lol

My wife and I got married during the pandemic last summer. We decided to just have a small gathering at our house instead of the big wedding we originally planned. We ordered our cake with Heidi. Not only was she very friendly, she was very flexible as our guest list kept changing over time. The day of the wedding, the cake was amazing! After my wife and I did the traditional "feed each other," we passed out small pieces to our guests. From then on, every time I passed the dining room someone was in there attacking our cake! I kept having to shoo people away. Our guests became obsessed. I caught one of my groomsman eating it with his fingers because "a fork would only slow him down." Two guests even fought over the last piece. My wife and I had to hide some of it in order to save it for ourselves later. Buy a cake from Heidi! This was one of the best cakes I have ever tasted in my life and my family and friends agree!

Sent on 05/14/2021

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you for sharing this!! I love the visuals. And greatly appreciate your review. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Kylie from start to finish. Enjoy your summer!!
  • Courtney

Courtney G. · Married on 01/04/2020

Best wedding cake you'll have

Heidi made my dream wedding cake, 5 tiers, all kinds of flavors, and absolutely delicious. It was a stunner and star of the show, and tasted even better. She was so kind to work with, helped me pick out certain designs to go on the outside and delivered it to perfection. I am obsessed with cakes and knew that I would be extra particular but Heidi couldn't have done better. Everyone at the wedding was raving about the cake and went back for seconds. She is a complete GEM and I would hire her every time. Thank you, Heidi!!

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 11/02/2019

The best tasting wedding cake I've ever had!

I am so impressed with the cake that Heidi made for our wedding at Della Terra. Although I may be a little biased, it was legitimately the best tasting cake I've ever had at a wedding. It was rich, had multiple layers of filling on each tier, and was not a typical fondant cake. During our consultation with her, I also gave her this idea I had in my head and what she delivered was amazing! I told her, "you know how the sky looks when the sun is setting behind the mountains and you can still see the sunset and at the top of the sky you see nighttime peeping in with a few stars - that's what I want". The cake was so gorgeous that many people thought it was fake until we cut into it. I literally had no stress working with her both leading up to the wedding and day of. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 11/27/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you for picking Kyle and I to create this stunning art piece, and your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you both❤️.
  • Juli

Juli H. · Married on 10/20/2019

Look No Further For Your Dream Wedding Cake!

We were so thrilled to see the wedding cake of our dreams come to life! We had so many compliments and our guests told us this was the best cake they have ever tasted at any wedding! Our tasting day with Heidi was so fun and she was professional, helpful, and just overall excellent to work with!

Sent on 06/28/2020

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Hi Juli! Thank you so much for your review. It means the world to me and my small business. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the tasting, that' one of my favorite parts, especially when I get great couples like you and Jonathan to work with! Your Wild Basin Venue was stunning!

All the Love,

Daniel H. · Married on 09/15/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Co - Yum

Finding Colorado Rose Cake company was one of the best parts of getting married! Heidi was great to work with. We scheduled a our tasting where we were able to try many different flavor combinations and look through pictures of cakes for inspiration. It was so difficult to decide on one or two flavors so we settled on five. Definitely over order so you can have leftovers to freeze.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, it made me laugh. I enjoyed working with you and Micah very much. We wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Daniel P. · Married on 09/15/2019

Complete, Elegant Cake Experience

Our experience with Colorado Rose was elegant from start to finish. It started with a professional tasting of a range of decadent, elegant wedding cakes, and finished with a customized, beautiful, and delicious cake on the special day. Our only regret was that we couldn't take more home on the plane with us!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Hi Daniel,

thank you, this brought a smile to my face, although I'm sorry there wasn't more left over. It was such a pleasure working with you two.

Daphne · Married on 09/09/2019

gorgeous, delicious cakes!

Working with Heidi and her mother Marci had been such a pleasure from the get go - I fell in love with their mountain cake design (our wedding was in Estes Park), and scheduled a tasting in their home in Berthoud. The directions were very easy to follow and it was pleasant being in a home versus a busy strip mall or shopping plaza. I love supporting smaller businesses.

I enjoyed tasting every single piece of cake in front of me with my maid of honor, it was tough narrowing it down to three! We had a three layer cake and chose different flavors for each - the bottom layer was strawberry with champagne cream filling, the middle layer was violet lavender with a honey cream filling, and the top layer was lemon silk with a blueberry cream filling. All were phenomenal.

All of our guests, even those who claim to not like sweets, loved our cake - we had the Enchanted Florist in Estes Park add some floral accents, as well. Our cake was so good we hardly had any left over! Hope to have an opportunity to work with them again. :)

Sent on 10/01/2019

Hi Daphne,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. It warms my heart to no end. It was such a pleasure working with you and your mother. And thank you for choosing us to be a part of such a special day.

Sincerely,

Kaitlyn G. · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Wedding Cake Co. In Northern Colorado

Colorado Rose Cake Company is amazing. If you are looking for someone to do your wedding cake in the Northern Colorado area look no further. Heidi was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Finding vendors who do not add extra stress is so important and Heidi did such a great job. Our guests are still raving about our cake; the overall look and taste was excellent. If you are getting married soon than you should use Colorado Rose Cake Company!!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience. I appreciate reading these more than you know. Thank you.

Christine A. · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding cake and grooms cake were perfect and delicious.

Great customer service and response time. Our wedding cake was our number one priority and it was amazing. I surprised my husband with a groom's cake and she did all the great detailing anyone could ask for. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you Christine for taking the time to share your experience. I enjoyed working with you two and loved being able to surprise Matthew!! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of such a special day for the two of you!

• Erin

Erin S. · Married on 08/15/2019

Amazing company with beautiful cakes!

Great people to work with. At our cake consultation meeting we had picked our cake and flavors in a hour- it was such an easy process. The hardest part was narrowing it down to just a few flavors because they all were so good (we did multiple flavors of cupcakes with a small cake for cutting). Everything turned out beautifully and we got so many compliments from guests on how yummy the cupcakes were!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Hi Erin,

I'm so happy to hear it was a hit with your crowd. I thank you for letting us be a part of your special day.

Heidi & Kyle
  • Reg82

Reg82 · Married on 06/23/2019

Shedd-Marsh Wedding

Colorado Rose did a beautiful job on my daughter's wedding cake. Four months prior to the event we spent a fun afternoon sampling their cakes--delicious! In deciding on the style we selected a few of theirs that we liked and had them use their artistic talents to do our cake. We were not specific other than providing a range of colors and requesting some metallic accents. Their creation was stunning and just what my daughter was hoping for. They were helpful in choosing the appropriate size for our crowd--though, we could probably have done something a bit smaller--there was plenty! But it was beautiful and delicious and that's the main thing! I definitely recommend them.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback. It's always so hard to know what kind of crowd you are going to get, although seeing how fun that room was set up I think everyone was too busy playing games and drinking their dessert ;). This was a wedding I wanted to crash!! Thank you for allowing us to create such a fun and unique cake.

Warm Wishes,
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/15/2019

A delight from first bite

Colorado Rose Cake Company has the most delicious cakes/cupcakes we’ve ever had! Heidi is a delight to work with and was excellent at being able to help us figure out how to design the desserts. CRCC is prompt in their responses and flawlessly delivered on the wedding day. We had a guest who had a substantial gluten allergy and CRCC was very thorough in explaining how their facility handled gluten-free cupcakes and the risk of gluten contamination. They were also very accommodating by providing a small box at the individual’s seat with the gluten-free cupcakes. They really went above and beyond for our wedding!. If you want amazing desserts and extraordinary service, we highly recommend CRCC.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you very much Amanda! It was such a pleasure getting to work with you. You had such a beautiful vision, which came together flawlessly. We wish you two all the best!

Shannon · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Rose Cake Co. does beautiful work and their cakes are amazing! Everything is fresh and tastes really good as well! They did an amazing job!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Colorado Rose Cake Company's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. it means the world to my family. Wishing you a very happy 2020!

Lauryn L. · Married on 02/08/2019

Stunning cake, fabulous experience

It was so great to work with Colorado Rose Company. Guests raved about the cake and it came out even better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Hi Lauren,

I'm so happy to hear you and your guests loved your cake! Thank you for taking the time to share this, it means so much to us and our small business.

Heidi & Kyle

Kelly P. · Married on 11/04/2018

Deliciously Gorgeous

It was such a delight to work with Marci. She did an amazing job of taking my thoughts and turning them into something beautiful. I only had some sort of vague ideas on things that I wanted and her suggestions created something amazing. The cake was beautifully done, and included not a small amount of script icing that had to be done by hand. Everyone raved about it and not only was it beautiful, it was delicious! I am not generally a dessert person but I had five, FIVE, pieces of my wedding cake. Everyone who needs cake should get theirs from here!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 10/12/2018

Beautiful and delicious cake

Marci is an absolute joy to work with! Our cake tasting and planning session was my husband’s favorite part of wedding planning. You can’t go wrong with any flavor you choose because they are all delicious. We ended up with a four-tier cake of three different flavors with a beautiful mountain/forest frosting design. Not only was it delicious but it was stunning! Marci is an artist and is the best at what she does. She was extremely responsive and professional, and you honestly can’t beat her prices for the quality of her cakes. We love Marci and Colorado Rose and can’t recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Anna · Married on 10/07/2018

Colorado Rose Cake Company was so great to work with! Marci was so nice and helpful, and made it easy to figure out what we wanted to do with the look and flavors of our cake - and it turned out so beautiful and was so delicious! Many guests told us how tasty it was. I would choose Marci again anyday.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Sveta

Sveta · Married on 08/25/2018

Marci was great to work with, making our vision come to life even when we changed our minds a couple of times and asked for a Funfetti cake (which was not one of the normal flavors). The cake looked and tasted incredible, we absolutely recommend working with Colorado Rose!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Cassandra · Married on 06/29/2018

Marci did absolutely amazing work on both of our cakes. She is extremely talented in both making a wonderfully delicious cake but her decorations and designs on the cake were fabulous.

Sent on 07/16/2018
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing and Delicious!

We couldn’t be happier with Colorado Rose Cake Company. First, we had a tasting with them out in Berthoud and everything was delicious. Heidi went over all of the options as far as flavors, designs, layering, etc. and we could not believe the options! Colorado Rose was really easy to work with and super patient as we went back and forth because we couldn’t decide between all of the options. We ended up going with a 3-tiered “scraped naked” cake with lemon poppy seed and cinnamon bun flavors, which turned out absolutely amazing! We highly recommend allowing Colorado Rose to be a part of such a special day. Thank you Colorado Rose and we can’t wait to have our cake again on our anniversary!!

Sent on 12/20/2019