The Colonnade Reviews

118 | Milan, OH

118 Reviews for The Colonnade

Rad · Getting married on 01/06/2021

Amazing hosts, Gorgeous venue, Simply Perfect

Ranae and Danny were tremendous hosts throughout our entire stay! They worked with us to ensure the health and safety of our family by social distancing and following strict safety measures.

The venue on it's own is gorgeous, the rooms were spotless, and the food (generous portions) was divine. The outdoor space for our ceremony was lush and the perfect backdrop for gorgeous photos. Our guests loved spending time exploring the property, enjoying the fire pit and riding bikes all around. They accommodated all of our requests, adding such special touches that made every aspect of our event and stay memorable.

Ranae and Beth responded to every one of our emails within hours if not minutes with emails or phone calls, answering all of our questions, and asking us additional questions to ensure our big day was perfect. We booked our event, sight unseen, 3 weeks before our wedding, and the property far exceeded our expectations; the photos don't do it justice.

There aren't enough words to thank Ranae and Danny, we are so grateful. Millsite will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

Sent on 06/29/2020

The Colonnade's reply:

Thank you Rad for thanking the time to leave a thoughtful review. Who would’ve thought after a simple phone call Washington DC to Sandusky you would have everything planned and ready to go in just 3 weeks! This was a Covid testing year of 2020, but we love a challenge! :-) I’m so happy that you enjoyed everything, Ranae and Dan do a great job hosting events at Millsite. We hope that The NorthCoast of Ohio lures you back again!
  • Erica

Erica Burke · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Booked The Colonnade!!

I met with Beth in January and booked this venue on the spot! I’ve attended wedding receptions here before and I cannot wait to have mine here at The Colonnade in Milan, OH!!!

Sent on 09/20/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Hello Erica thank you so much for your vote of confidence! We will not let you down! Start putting together that Pinterest page! The wedding is going to be all about you. :-)
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Bungard · Getting married on 09/09/2020

Dreams do come true

Kate's business card says event planner but it really should say fairy godmother. She was there for me at all hours of the day and listened to all me crazy ideas without judgement. She and the entire Colonnade staff were able to make our dream wedding a reality. The ultimate decor package is worth every penny. Their stock of decorations is amazing to pick from and we didn't have to worry about what to do with items after the wedding. When I dropped off a few personal items on Friday before the wedding the room was set up and looked amazing, more than I had even dreamed of. I have helped friends set up the day before and it is always a mad house of moving tables, rearranging decorations and people frustrated with each other. I almost felt guilty it was so easy as I went to lunch completely stress free.

Our friends and family have also not stopped raving about the food. The appetizers and buffet were amazing. The clean up service all night was on point and there was never a line at the bar. The Colonnade's service can not be beat!

I would recommend and book the Colonnade again and again if I had to. Our big day would not have happened and been as magical as it was without the Colonnade.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
    Lindsay & Anthony

Sent on 12/03/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Lindsay, thank you for your review. We are definitely blessed to have the talented crew we have on staff, and Kate Volz our newest addition as event coordinator is fitting right in. You are correct we sure did find a gem! :)
    Devin, loved working with your bright and vivid colors on black linen! Your room looked amazing and that had to do with you putting together your wish list and letting Devin produce a picture perfect room.
    Being able to give you a stress-free day, with everything you could desire is exactly what we are going for! We truly do appreciate you choosing The Colonnade and hope that the memories will last a lifetime!

Lynda Bungard · Getting married on 09/09/2020

A Stress free Day!

it was obvious from our first meeting with Beth that the Colonnade was the venue for us. We could tell by her enthusiasm and pride that this wedding business was not just a job. It was her passion and she loved it. We worked with Kate as the wedding date got closer. She listened to every request and vision that our daughter ever imagined for her wedding. She was organized, professional and kept us calm when we had concerns.
    The final results exceeded our expectations!. Walking into the reception was breathtaking! It seemed to sparkle and glow with hundreds of candles.
    The food was delicious too. We got many compliments all night about the buffet and appetizers.The staff was phenomenal and made everyone feel well taken care of.
    We want to thank Beth, Kate and their staff for making the reception a stress free, magical celebration that we will always remember.

Bob and Lynda Bungard

Sent on 12/05/2019

Hello Lynda,
    Thank you for your review as the mother of the bride. We are so happy that we were able to deliver at magical event for your daughter Lindseys reception! We often talk about how we have the best jobs ever, and that the end product is accomplished due to a complete team of experienced, caring and hard working individuals!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Temerario · Married on 04/18/2020

Counting down the days!!

My mom found this venue through a google search, reached out for more info and heard back immediately! We saw the venue the next day and knew it was the one!! Booked 2 days later after a return visit with my fiancé! So far everything has been amazing and Beth has been fantastic! Cannot wait for our big day and working together!!

Sent on 09/26/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer for the pre-wedding review! We definitely think that communicating all along the process is key to giving you the event that you want! Thank you so much for letting us get to know you and getting to build your perfect wedding weekend at Millsite Lodge! It will be awesome!!
  • Heather

Heather Puckett · Married on 04/01/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Absolutely amazing is the only possible way to describe Millsite Lodge and the Colonnade! From the first time I met Beth and Renae they made me feel like family and deciding to book our wedding at Millsite Lodge was a no brainer. After driving down the pine tree lined driveway I knew there was no other place I would want to have my winter wonderland wedding! Not only is the venue stunning to begin with, but the decorations done by the Colonnade were absolutely breath taking! I honestly could not have pictured a more perfect setup for both the ceremony and the reception!

Kate Volz is a GODDESS!! From the first time I met with her she was always there to answer any questions and help with whatever we needed! From last minute officiant cancellations to flowers and midnight questions she was always right there! She truly made our special day perfect and unforgettable!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Ashley Newman · Married on 10/26/2019

5 Stars Isn’t Enough

A five star review truly would not cover the way we feel about The Colonnade. Our 10/26 wedding was truly magical and more than we ever imagined it could be, all thanks to Kate and Beth. Kate made all of our dreams come true and allowed us to be the most extra and over the top couple! 😂 she was better at remembering the details of our day than I was, and I could always count on her for her attention to detail, her support, and her expertise. The decorations were beyond stunning and when they say it’s a full service venue, that is an understatement. The day truly could not have happened without her and her team. We owe all the beauty and smooth flow of our day to you. Thank you times a billion. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 10/27/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Ashley, we LOVED all of that glam girl energy you brought to your entire event! All of the glitzy pink custom linens definitely gave your event a rose gold sparkle. You brought so many of your own custom touches from your sweet dad building an incredible photo backdrop to the treat bar for your guest's puppers...it was so enjoyable seeing all of your great ideas come together and more than that, it was an honor to help you make it all happen. Thank you for choosing The Colonnade to start your happily ever after!
  • Marla

Marla Hines · Married on 09/28/2019

Efficient and detailed oriented

As an indecisive bride, the team really helped me narrow down what I truly wanted - From the menu to the color scheme. Kate did an amazing job staying in communication with me and answered any questions myself or my family had.

Sent on 11/24/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Thank you, Marla! We truly enjoyed putting together your event! The darker color scheme and the nod to Jack and Sally came together to give you and David a truly unique celebration. It was our pleasure to work with you, thank you so much for your review!
  • Jessica

Jessica Meyer · Married on 08/24/2019

Catered for our wedding at Millsite Lodge

If you're worried about guests enjoying your food, this is the caterer to use! They will take that worry away. Their food was phenomenal. I heard from multiple guests how delicious it was. They take care of everything and take the food and drink worries away when planning your wedding. They even cut, served, and packed up our cake from an outside caterer. They also took care of the bar and did a great job of keeping our guests happy :)

Sent on 10/30/2019

Hey Jessica!
    Thanks the the review! We are happy that you enjoyed your event at our country location, Millsite Lodge! I'll be sure to forward your kind words to our kitchen crew and the bartenders! Enjoy your first Christmas as husband and wife!
  • Sean

Sean Tucker · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Experince so far!

Looking forward to our big day!

Sent on 01/10/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Yeah!!! Sean and Jodi, your day is quickly approaching!!! And all the planning will come together with your specticular Millsite Lodge wedding weekend, which we, the Colonnade staff will provide!
    Thanks for sending us your awesome drone footage of Millsite, it's incredible that in the shot you not only captured "our tucked away treasure" along the Cold Creek and farmers fields, but Lake Erie and the roller coasters of Cedar Point!
    We are looking forward to June 8th when you become Mr. & Mrs. Tucker!!:)
  • Mercedes

Mercedes · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing and memorable

The reception venue was just beautiful. There was absolutely nothing that i would change about how it looked and even the food was just amazing and had so many flavors. Everything was gorgoeus. I will definately keep this place in mind for future events. Most definately deserves 5 stars all the way around.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Hello Mercedes,

It’s been fun getting to know you and Justin during the process of planning your event at the colonnade! We wish you and your boys all the best in life! I may need to give you our fruit dip recipe, we all know how much they love that!

Lauren · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful Experience!

I had my wedding reception at the Colonnade this past weekend and it turned out beautifully! Beth and Katelyn made the planning process so simple and stress free! When the day finally came, Katelyn and the rest of the staff did WONDERFUL. The food was amazing, the staff was so friendly and never stopped moving and everything was so well decorated for us. We had Disney hats for the guests in honor of my grandfather who passed away and it warmed my heart that the staff had Mickey ears on as well! I love that if you purchase their decor package, highly recommend by the way, they go off your Pinterest page to make sure your reception is what you have always dreamed of! I am so glad we chose to go with the Colonnade for our big day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making it extra special.
    -Lauren Neidler

Sent on 05/08/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Lauren! The Mickey Ears were the perfect touch to show your personality and honor your Grandfather. And it comes as no surprise that my great staff would jump right in and celebrate right along with you!:) It truly was a day to be remembered! Thank you for allowing us to play a part! And thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience. Wishing you many happy "Mickey" years with your sweet Evan!!
  • Evan

Evan Neidler · Married on 04/27/2019

Turned out beautiful

The Colonnade did a beautiful job with our wedding. They have packages for everything you could want (including decorating), and they work with you from start to finish. When the night finally came, everything turned out amazing. The staff were great, and the planner made sure that everything went smooth. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/08/2019

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Evan! Thanks for the kind words, you and your guests were great!! I'm happy to hear that you all thoroughly enjoyed your day!
    We love to assist in the process so that when the day arrives you simply enjoy and celebrate with your friends and family!:)
    We wish you all the best!

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Evening!

Beth and team were very helpful throughout the whole process! She was quick to respond to questions. The decorations surpassed all expectations and the attention to detail was amazing! Would recommend for any event!

Sent on 11/14/2018

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Hannah! Glad that you enjoyed your day!! Devin had a blast with your creative idea of "books worked in as centerpieces & decor". We are blessed to have his talent as well as the rest of our hard working Colonnade team to make each brides day unique & stressfree!:)
  • Samantha

Samantha N Mizener · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Venue & team!

So happy we chose Beth & the Colonnade Banquet Facility for our wedding reception. Beth made planning easy, as we met with her weeks before the big day and picked out all of the decorations we wanted. The Colonnade team took care of the rest! We also got to pick extra fun things such as up lighting, a photo booth, and frozen drink machines...all things that our guests loved! The food was also great, and we had more than just a few compliments on the selection we had chose. Overall the Colonnade is a beautiful venue, even before all decorated and was the perfect place for our wedding reception!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Hello Sam,
    So great that you enjoyed the process of wedding planning with us! We try our best to offer everything that a big city venue offers so that everything is a possiblity! Building your event was fun for us as well!! We love for our brides to have ideas and then trust us to pull everything off to a Tee! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful Venue & Team

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Janet

Janet and Warren Mehnert · Married on 09/02/2018

Above all expectations!

We felt that we were led by angels to Beth and the Colonnade! From the very first interaction we felt listened to, and cared for. Our wedding day experience was truly memorable! The Colonnade was beautiful! Every aspect of the decor seemed to happen like magic and with no stress on our part. Our guests are still talking about the food two months after the event! Best wedding food ever. The service, the value, the personal attention all make the Colonnade what we consider the best choice we could have made for our very special day.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Hello Janet and Warren,
    It was our pleasure playing a part in your family‘s big day! I must say we don’t get too many weddings where our sweet brides and grooms are in their 70s, and the kids and grandkids are all there to celebrate your love! It was a special thing to see and experience! It was so great to see your families coming together and having fun at Millsite Lodge that weekend, and then enjoying a beautiful reception and ceremony at the colonnade! It was one of a kind!
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding of my dreama

Beth and Ranae and the rest of the Millsite Lodge Crew made our wedding day so magical and stress free. It was so nice to be able to relax for the weekend with our closest friends and family. They made sure we had absolutely everything we needed. Our wedding day turned into an entire weekend and honestly it's hard to put into words just how perfect everything was.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Hey Andrey,
    I knew it would happen our little Jim who started on the colonnade staff at age 15 would grow up and eventually find his sweetheart, that being you! And something like 15 years later get married with all of our staff able to witness the big day! He found a wonderful girl And we are so happy for him!

Ryan · Married on 06/23/2018

Our reception was absolutely wonderful. The food was amazing. The decorations were spot on. Our guests raved about the whole evening. Beth did an amazing job making sure our night was perfect. We were able to add our own touches...which I liked. The staff was extremely professional and took wonderful care of our guests.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for your kind words! When the bride’s from Texas I can be pretty stressful to plan her wedding. But I think you found out that it can be done very easily with my great staff on your side! We appreciate you and trusting your big day to us and wish you and Sean all the best!
  • Tayler

Tayler Santi · Married on 06/16/2018

Stress free reception

Beth, Katelyn, and the entire staff at The Colonnade were wonderful! Everything exceeded my expectations! They met with us and went over every little detail to make our reception perfect! I am not creative so the main reason I chose them was because they decorate for you! I had a vision in my head but it was so hard for me to pick stuff out. They looked at my Pinterest wedding board and made it look exactly how I liked! It was beautiful!!! The food was also delicious! There is plenty of room so your guests will not feel crammed. If you want a stress free reception, you should choose The Colonnade!

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Tayler! “Stress free”...now that’s a word that you rarely see preceding the word Wedding😊 but that’s Exactly the word that we are going for along with “Best Day Ever”! Thank you for letting us play a part!!

Jorden · Married on 11/04/2017

Beth and her staff do such an amazing job with decor and make sure everything runs smoothly. Every single item food item we chose for the menu was excellent. I can't recommend this venue enough. There are so many choices to make this day exactly what you want and to actually spend time enjoying the day instead of worrying about anything. Beth and her staff even had the extra cake packed up in foil and ready for us to take at the end of the night!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Hey Jordan,

It was our pleasure to work on your special day, all your ideas came together and I feel your event was truly an expression of your personality, which is top notch!I’m sure your life will turn out as happy as you are! You all deserve it!

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

Can't go wrong with the Colonnade! One-stop for all your event needs. Beth is easy to work with and will make things happen for you!

Sent on 10/25/2016

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Lisa! We love hearing reviews from the mom of the bride‘s perspective! Thanks so much, good luck in the next stage of your life with your only child taking off into married life! I’m sure you’ll figure it all out :-)

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

They did a great job! Made wedding planning a lot easier!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Katelyn · Married on 07/15/2017

Beth saved my wedding day!!

I had mistakenly booked a hall in which was unreliable and made false promises. Then, I found out about the colonnade through my cake vendor and everything fell right into place.

I lived an hour away from the hall and Beth was very easy to work with from a distance. She quickly responded to any emails, calls, and voicemails I had. This is exactly what you want in a reception hall. What is also unique about the colonnade is it offers an exceptional decor package. Beth and her son did an outstanding job decorating the hall so I didn’t have to worry about transporting or setting up decorations on the day of my wedding! I received many compliments on how classy and elegant our wedding was. I also received compliments about how professional and accommodating the serving staff and bartenders were! Beth definitely keeps everything in order and is always with you on your planning journey so your day is what you imagine it to be. If you would like a stress free wedding day, it would be wise to go with Beth at the Colonnade Banquet Hall!

Sent on 01/09/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

Beth Ackerman and the entire Colonnade team were nothing short of spectacular on my wedding day. All the hiccups that happened went un-noticed and they were very understanding about rsvp issues as well! They sincerely want you to have a magical day and that is what they served! I couldn't be more happy with my choice to have them as a vendor.

Sent on 02/17/2017