The Colonnade Reviews

The Colonnade 1
  • Sean

Sean Tucker · Getting married on 06/08/2019

Great Experince so far!

Looking forward to our big day!

• Samantha

Samantha N Mizener · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Venue & team!

So happy we chose Beth & the Colonnade Banquet Facility for our wedding reception. Beth made planning easy, as we met with her weeks before the big day and picked out all of the decorations we wanted. The Colonnade team took care of the rest! We also got to pick extra fun things such as up lighting, a photo booth, and frozen drink machines...all things that our guests loved! The food was also great, and we had more than just a few compliments on the selection we had chose. Overall the Colonnade is a beautiful venue, even before all decorated and was the perfect place for our wedding reception!

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful Venue & Team

• Janet

Janet and Warren Mehnert · Married on 09/02/2018

Above all expectations!

We felt that we were led by angels to Beth and the Colonnade! From the very first interaction we felt listened to, and cared for. Our wedding day experience was truly memorable! The Colonnade was beautiful! Every aspect of the decor seemed to happen like magic and with no stress on our part. Our guests are still talking about the food two months after the event! Best wedding food ever. The service, the value, the personal attention all make the Colonnade what we consider the best choice we could have made for our very special day.

• Audrey

Audrey · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding of my dreama

Beth and Ranae and the rest of the Millsite Lodge Crew made our wedding day so magical and stress free. It was so nice to be able to relax for the weekend with our closest friends and family. They made sure we had absolutely everything we needed. Our wedding day turned into an entire weekend and honestly it's hard to put into words just how perfect everything was.

Ryan · Married on 06/23/2018

Our reception was absolutely wonderful. The food was amazing. The decorations were spot on. Our guests raved about the whole evening. Beth did an amazing job making sure our night was perfect. We were able to add our own touches...which I liked. The staff was extremely professional and took wonderful care of our guests.

• Tayler

Tayler Santi · Married on 06/16/2018

Stress free reception

Beth, Katelyn, and the entire staff at The Colonnade were wonderful! Everything exceeded my expectations! They met with us and went over every little detail to make our reception perfect! I am not creative so the main reason I chose them was because they decorate for you! I had a vision in my head but it was so hard for me to pick stuff out. They looked at my Pinterest wedding board and made it look exactly how I liked! It was beautiful!!! The food was also delicious! There is plenty of room so your guests will not feel crammed. If you want a stress free reception, you should choose The Colonnade!

Sent on 11/16/2018

The Colonnade's reply:

Hey Tayler! “Stress free”...now that’s a word that you rarely see preceding the word Wedding😊 but that’s Exactly the word that we are going for along with “Best Day Ever”! Thank you for letting us play a part!!

Jorden · Married on 11/04/2017

Beth and her staff do such an amazing job with decor and make sure everything runs smoothly. Every single item food item we chose for the menu was excellent. I can't recommend this venue enough. There are so many choices to make this day exactly what you want and to actually spend time enjoying the day instead of worrying about anything. Beth and her staff even had the extra cake packed up in foil and ready for us to take at the end of the night!

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

Can't go wrong with the Colonnade! One-stop for all your event needs. Beth is easy to work with and will make things happen for you!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

They did a great job! Made wedding planning a lot easier!

Katelyn · Married on 07/15/2017

Beth saved my wedding day!!

I had mistakenly booked a hall in which was unreliable and made false promises. Then, I found out about the colonnade through my cake vendor and everything fell right into place.

I lived an hour away from the hall and Beth was very easy to work with from a distance. She quickly responded to any emails, calls, and voicemails I had. This is exactly what you want in a reception hall. What is also unique about the colonnade is it offers an exceptional decor package. Beth and her son did an outstanding job decorating the hall so I didn’t have to worry about transporting or setting up decorations on the day of my wedding! I received many compliments on how classy and elegant our wedding was. I also received compliments about how professional and accommodating the serving staff and bartenders were! Beth definitely keeps everything in order and is always with you on your planning journey so your day is what you imagine it to be. If you would like a stress free wedding day, it would be wise to go with Beth at the Colonnade Banquet Hall!

The Colonnade 2
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 01/07/2017

Beth Ackerman and the entire Colonnade team were nothing short of spectacular on my wedding day. All the hiccups that happened went un-noticed and they were very understanding about rsvp issues as well! They sincerely want you to have a magical day and that is what they served! I couldn't be more happy with my choice to have them as a vendor.

Sandra · Married on 12/18/2016

Selecting the Colonnade for my daughter’s reception was one of the easiest and best wedding decisions we made. Beth expertly guided us through the planning process, always taking into consideration the couples’ preferences and style. Her desire to provide my daughter with her dream reception was evident.

While the bride’s dream of a December wedding seemed risky to some, Beth made it a dream come true. The decor was elegant with the perfect mix of Christmas, winter, and the red and silver wedding colors. The hot chocolate bar was the perfect way to warm guests as they came in from the cold; it was a favorite of guests of all ages, who enjoyed experimenting with different topping combinations.

Everyone commented on the beautiful decor and delicious food. Beth and the Colonnade staff were so welcoming and helpful throughout the entire reception. After the reception, they efficiently gathered items we had added to the decor and leftover cake, so that everything was in one place. They created a stress-free environment from the moment guests arrived through packing up at the end of a long day.

I highly recommend the Colonnade. The variety of options in decor, room setup, menu, and add-ons such as uplighting, hot chocolate bar, and smoothie bar allow you to personalize your event. Beth and her staff take your vision and make your dream come true.

Bethanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Beth and her team at the Colonnade were truly amazing. My wedding reception was all I ever dreamed it would be and so much more. We rented the smaller room because our guest list was 150, we fit in there quite comfortably. You have to get the ultimate decor package, and the beautiful Chivari chairs and matching sashes... I could go on and on... from the food to the ceiling branching, to the serving staff, to the table settings... everything was absolute perfection. People are still talking about how good the bourbon chicken and veggie lasagna was and just how nice of a facility it was in general! I will not denote the quality of the review as in star quality but I will just put on here, write down every decision you make on your own. When I went to my detailing appointment, I had already had all of my food picked out... so I thought, somehow it got lost and I was clueless and put on the spot about my side dishes. Just a little thing, nothing major. The charger plates are well worth it, it just makes the place look so polished and neat and please splurge on some of the gorgeous specialty linens. I can't thank everyone enough for all that was done for my wedding day, it was perfect and it wouldn't have been if I hadn't gone with the Colonnade.

Sent on 01/19/2017

The Colonnade's reply:

Hello Bethany! Thank you for your well thought out review! I'm glad that you were pleased with all the additional "new" options that we have added in 2016.

The silver chaivarri chairs have been a Big Hit! As well as our photobooth, and new specialty linen options. While we are located in a more rural setting, our desire is to offered everything that is available to big city brides. It was a pleasure to help host your unforgetable event!

Katelyn · Married on 09/24/2016

Our wedding was 9/24/16 and we had our reception at the Colonnade and we could not be happier about our decision. Everything was perfect! Beth and her staff do such a fantastic job at executing everything from decor to timing to food to just truly caring. We had so much happening leading up to the wedding and the day of and Beth really was a blessing in it all! We could not be happier. Everyone raved about the food and keep saying how beautifully everything was decorated. This is the place to have your reception, no doubt about it!

Theresa · Married on 09/10/2016

Our wedding reception was fantastic thanks to Beth & the staff at the colonnade. We are still getting compliments on how beautiful the decorations were & how amazing the food tasted! Beth made it so easy for us & our entire day was completely stress free. I told her how we envisioned our reception to look like & she made our dreams come true. The whole day was wonderful & we didn't even have to clean up. Thank you for making our wedding day so beautiful & perfect!??

Amanda · Married on 08/13/2016

Beth made our day the BEST. Beautiful venue, great food, and AMAZING decorations! She makes you WANT to be a bride!!! I had zero stress because of the Colonnade and would recommend it to anyone!!!

We had a destination wedding and wanted a reception a month later to celebrate with everyone else. I wanted a reception hall that specialized in decorations since we weren’t going to have any flowers/decorations from the ceremony. The Colonnade was perfect! Their decorations were beautiful and Beth had plenty of options to choose from. I got to pick them all out myself and Beth did a great job of completing the look I wanted. We loved all the extras too that they had to offer – the entrees, appetizers, hors d’oeuvres, lighting, desserts (cookies/ice creams), photo booth, alcohol/drinks, etc. I brought in tons of pictures, extra things for our guests to sign, memorial table, TV/DVD to play our wedding video, etc. and Beth did a great job of laying everything out for me. Beth’s staff was wonderful too – excellent food, excellent service! My guests kept saying how it was the best food they ever had a reception, how beautiful everything was, how great the service was, and how it was one of the best receptions they’ve ever been to. I would recommend The Colonnnade to anyone and everyone!

Kim · Married on 05/21/2016

We cannot say enough great about Beth & her staff at Colonnade! If you have any doubts, please read their reviews - everywhere - because they're fantastic and true! Everything was perfect, beyond perfect for our son's wedding. The decor was absolutely incredible and the ease (and stress-free) of having this all prepared to our daughter-in-law's liking was an enormous relief. So many of our guests mentioned how beautiful it was inside -- it was truly like you stepped into another world which was magical.

And we've had so many compliments on the food -- all of which was terrific! It's hard to prepare food well for a large number of people like we had, but the Colonnade chefs were superb. We especially enjoyed the prime rib and bourbon chicken at dinner, as well as the late sliders & shrimp cocktail to top off the evening.

All of the staff was kind, always smiling and ready to help out with anything needed. We have nothing but the highest praise for all of them and their services. Simply the best!

Amy · Married on 05/21/2016

The Colonnade made our wedding everything we could have ever hoped for and more. Beth and the staff are amazing and willing to go above and beyond to make your day special. I even had a limo driver not show up and Beth hopped in her car to make sure nobody was stranded, talk about doing something she definitely didn't need to! They are super responsive if you have any questions and are always available to answer questions. Our wedding day was perfect and stress free and we have the Colonnade to thank for that! You WON'T be disappointed :)

Best facility, best service, best food, best decorations, best cost...will not go wrong. Book now!

Lindsey · Married on 05/14/2016

I cannot say enough about The Colonnade Banquet Facilities and Beth!! Not only did she create the most beautiful reception hall for my wedding, but her staff was so incredibly helpful and friendly from start to finish. I bought the decor package and I would tell anyone to do the same. Beth has an incredible selection of all decorations and she is so very talented at bringing your "vision" to life. I gave her my "theme" and what I desired for my wedding and her creativity went above and beyond creating the most beautiful reception hall.

Beyond the gorgeous room, the food was delicious. All night, I heard great comments from people saying that that was the best wedding reception food they have ever had. From the taste to the way it was served, Beth has the best pricing you will find for the great quality of food you receive. I cannot compliment Beth and her staff enough.

As the night continued, Beth and her staff kept the night moving along smoothly. My reception was behind an hour but no one could even tell as Beth was working closely with my DJ and photographer to keep things going. I didn't worry a bit as they allowed me to enjoy my night.

Yes to the Colonnade! Just incredible. Simply perfect. They will create the wedding reception of your dreams!

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2016

We can't say enough about Beth Ackerman and her staff! Not only did they do a fabulous job making our daughter's wedding a truly beautiful event, they were extremely professional and above all else they were KIND. The food was delicious and its presentation was beautiful! We highly recommended the Colonnade!

Larissa · Married on 04/02/2016

We could not be happier with our decision to have our wedding reception at the Colonnade. It was the perfect celebration from start to finish thanks to Beth and her staff! Beth was always so helpful and professional throughout the entire process. She did an amazing job of bringing our vintage style to the decor. I would definitely recommend the decor package-it was worth every penny to not have to stress about anything. All we had to do was enjoy ourselves! The food was delicious-we got so many compliments on the food (especially the bourbon chicken and signature salad) and cupcakes. We had guests in the catering business who were very impressed with the food and service. Everyone had so much fun! We could not have asked for a more perfect day. I would highly recommend the Colonnade to anyone.