Colonial Hotel Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Liz
    Liz D. Married on 10/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best. Wedding. Day. Ever.

We LOVED our experience at the Colonial for our 10/6/22 wedding. Mary is an absolute dream to work with and her team is responsive, professional, and works very hard to take care of their guests. We had a small wedding but the day was perfect and they made sure we were calm, happy, fed, and comfortable. The bridal suite was stunning and we really loved the special touch of the champagne waiting for us at the end of the night. We are truly so grateful for the colonial for helping us to kick off our married life with joy and celebration. Thank you again!!!!
    Melissa Married on 08/19/2022

Amazing venue , amazing staff

We visited the Colonial hotel in the winter 2021 to see about our upcoming wedding for this summer. We met with Mary , the wedding planner. Mary is the Colonial hotels “Queen” of wedding planning , her personality and professionalism was out of this world ! She made the process of planning a wedding so stress free and amazing ! Everything was perfect on our wedding day 8/19/22 thanks to Mary and her amazing staff . If you are looking for an amazing venue with an amazing wedding planner go see MARY at the Colonial
    Hotel !!!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth S. Married on 08/05/2022

Great Wedding Venue

Mary and her team were great at the Colonial Hotel. They listened to everything that was important to us and worked with us on what we wanted. Originally, we were going to have an outdoor wedding but at the rehearsal it looked like it would rain during the ceremony time. Mary was upfront about what our options were and made sure we had plenty of time to decide. When we decided to move it into the ballroom her team was able to get the ballroom set up that night in time so we could have the rehearsal in there. Day of the team was attentive to our needs. They have a salon on site you can use for the hair and makeup team so there is plenty of room. The tent was gorgeous, and everything was set up how we wanted it. It was so hot out that I didn't eat much of my dinner or the cake and when we got back to our room there was a plate waiting for me with my meal and some of our cake. The hotel room was set up for us with the centerpieces from our table and so soft and romantic. We didn't have to worry about clean up the team took care of that, and everything was in our room before we got there so it made leaving the next day for our honeymoon super easy.
  • Krista
    Krista Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and wedding at The Colonial Hotel. I am SO pleased with everything!!! Our wedding weekend was absolutely beautiful and all of our guests had a fabulous time. I literally do not have one complaint.

Our ceremony was in the garden and our reception was in the ballroom (we had 105 people). We used the really nice bar and grill for the rehearsal dinner and also guests went there after the wedding to keep the night going (it's open until 2am). The suite we stayed in was beautiful and perfect- big enough for your girls to get ready together the morning of the wedding!

The night of the wedding everything went flawlessly and was perfectly decorated. I had someone fluffing my dress as I walked down the isle, making sure the bridal party got apps and drinks during pictures, etc. Service was impeccable and food was delicious! At the end of the night my husband and I stayed in the suite and entered the room to a bottle of campaign, which was a very nice touch and made it all the more special.

Mary was WONDERFUL!!!! I can't say enough about her. She is so responsive (which is important to me) and had an answer for every single question. She made the process so easy and I feel so lucky we had her to work with.

Two other things I was to add which were concerns of mine as a bride are:
    1. There were 2 weddings the night of ours. I honestly didn't even notice- the venue handles this very well.
    2. Pricing is upfront and open, you don't get any surprise costs or feel like you will (unlike other venues we visited).

Overall, I can't say enough about the staff and the venue! I recommend this venue to anyone looking for a perfect wedding day!
    Donna A. Married on 04/09/2022

Mom & dad approved!

It has been a week since my daughters wedding and I am still getting emails, texts and calls from guests telling me it was the best wedding they have ever been to!!
    Mary and the staff were MORE than accommodating and put up with numerous phone calls, emails and surprise visits(we live down the street lol)
    We had many guests staying overnight and everyone was happy with their stay.
    We danced all night, closed down the restaurant after and had a nice breakfast (for 68 people) the next morning.
    Everything was smooth sailing and it was the BEST night of our lives (especially my daughters)….I do not have ONE complaint and I HIGHLY recommend The Colonial!!
    Elizabeth K. Married on 12/11/2021

Best venue ever

We were married on 12/11/2021 at the Colonial Hotel and it’s honestly one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. The hotel itself is exquisitely beautiful, and we knew the moment we pulled up it was the spot for us. The exterior was decorated so beautifully for Christmas and the inside was even more spectacular. So far our pictures have been amazing and we can’t wait to see more! Our guests told us all night and continue to tell us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to! Everyone really loved the convenience of having all events for the weekend in the same location, and trust me if you are planning your wedding yourself - having it all in the same spot relieves so much stress and anxiety! Mary and the staff at the Colonial were INCREDIBLE, so professional and responsive to my every question (there were many) and made us feel so at ease and special. We had our ceremony at the hotel, followed by the reception, and the after party in the Colonial Grille for our guests who weren’t ready to stop partying yet. We even served breakfast there the next morning - it was really just the whole package! Pricing for everything is extremely reasonable, we were able to afford a fully open bar for all 175 of our guests, along with the after party and breakfast as well. We also used many of their preferred vendors and are so glad we did - they all knew each other and worked seamlessly together to make our big day the most wonderful day ever. The food is delicious as well and the grand ballroom is like no other hotel reception space I’ve ever been in. You will feel the warmth of the Colonial as soon as you arrive - and every time we went back since we just felt even more ecstatic that we went with them.
  • Meredith
    Meredith S. Married on 11/06/2021

A Dream Come True!

The Colonial Hotel exceeded our expectations for a wedding venue. I could go on and on about how amazing they were. The wedding coordinators made everything completely stress free. The venue is gorgeous and made for perfect photos. The appetizers and dinner course were delicious. The bridal suite (with jacuzzi and fireplace) was beautiful. Everything went SO smoothly and we didn't have to worry about anything. Our guests had SO much fun. We had an informal after party at the restaurant on site to get extra snacks and drinks in. That was amazing as well because we had a place to relax and hang out. Many of our friends said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. The prices for everything were fair. They have so many options for open bar, desserts, after party food, etc A huge thank you to Mary, Emily and Kailee for being wonderful coordinators!!!
    Ally L. Married on 08/27/2021

Perfect wedding day

The Colonial was absolutely amazing! Our day was absolutely perfect and they were so helpful with us moving the wedding twice over the past year and a half due to COVID. Mary was incredible and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.
  • Venessa
    Venessa S. Married on 06/19/2021

Highly recommended!

I had my wedding at the Colonial Hotel and it was absolutely beautiful. They helped me make sure my day was perfect and help keep everyone calm and relaxed when we got jitters. They were caring and very attentive. They made sure to help me all along the way through the whole planning process.
    Victoria Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional Service Throughout the Process

Mary and her team were exceptional! They were super easy to work with throughout the entire process and gave fantastic recommendations. When I explained the centerpieces she asked if we wanted black linens, which never would have crossed my mind, and they looked unbelievable! We wanted mother son and father daughter dances before toasts and for people to have cider and donuts as they entered the ceremony, Mary and her team accommodated our nontraditional asks with ease. Instead of getting married outside at the pergola onsight we got married in the ballroom as it rained all day. They made the ballroom look absolutely spectacular. They set up an aisle in part of the room and partitioned the rest off so you couldn't see any of the tables. It was just as if not more beautiful than being outside would have been. I could go on and on but the point is Mary and her team along with the staff at the Colonial Hotel executed on our vision to perfection, were easy and fun to work with, and made the day absolutely spectacular.
    Julia Married on 01/07/2020

Best Weddding Ever

We recently just had our wedding at the Colonial Hotel. I cannot say enough about the Hotel. From the time we checked in it was absolutely perfect. We started off having our rehearsal dinner in the Colonial Grille which was low key and the food was delicious. The Reception was absolutely amazing. I still have people telling me it was the best wedding they have ever went to. Mary was there with me the whole time to answer any questions and was also with me the day of to keep me from stressing out. After the reception we went into the pub for the late night station and the hotel provided entertainment so we could keep the party going. I honestly cannot say enough about the hotel and we will be sure to recommend it to everyone. They also recently repainted the outside building and it feels like you have entered a castle.
    Julia Married on 01/07/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I wrote a review, but the date glitched, i got married on July 13th 2019!! It was wonderful!!

Monica P. Married on 12/10/2019

Phenomenal!

The Colonial Hotel was amazing from the time we booked until our big event. Mary and Kailee always went above and beyond to answer any questions we had. Mary was great through all my crazy bride moments! Mary and Kailee were always willing to go the extra mile to make us happy. Mary walked us through every detail and gave us tips as to how we could make the day run smoother. She really put my mind at ease during such a stressful time. The Colonial Hotel was absolutely phenomenal!

Monica P
    Kayleigh Married on 11/30/2019

The Most Amazing Wedding

Having our wedding at the Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Mary was amazing to work with over the two year course of planning our wedding, and she was very responsive to my incessant e-mails in the weeks leading up to the big event. She was able to accommodate my mother-in-law's request for a laid back rehearsal dinner, and was willing to go to bat for us on all of our 'out of the norm' requests. The salon space for getting ready pre-wedding was unparalleled and allowed for the bridal suite to be clean right up until it was time for the girls to get dressed. The food at both the rehearsal dinner and the reception was amazing, as were all of the passed hors d'oeuvres. Our package included Chiavari chairs and floor length linens which looked absolutely stunning in the ballroom. The space is so beautiful on it's own that we needed to bring very little decorations. We requested that the Christmas decorations be up for our Thanksgiving weekend wedding, and not only did the hotel deliver but they looked amazing. I cannot recommend Mary and the sales team enough, this was the perfect venue for our wedding!
    Michael Married on 10/19/2019

Had a great experience

All the folks we dealt with were extremely helpful!
    Sadie Married on 10/10/2019

Perfect Place for a Wedding

The weekend started with us all coming in Friday night to have our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The great thing about the Colonial is that you can do everything here! The Rehearsal Dinner was in the Grille, the food was delicious.
    Because the Colonial Hotel has so many rooms, all my wedding party and guests were able to stay the night before and night of the wedding, which made getting ready so easy! The Staff all around was just wonderful!
    After the most perfect wedding, I didn't even have to clean up, they brought all decorations and gifts to my room for me! We ended a great weekend with breakfast all together back in the Grille.
    I could not have picked a more perfect place for my wedding!
  • Kimberlee
    Kimberlee Married on 09/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful! Beautiful venue - great staff!

The Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The venue is beautiful - as soon as you pull into the parking lot it looks like you're visiting a castle. They just recently renovated the exterior of the building and it looks magical. The inside of the hotel has nicely updated decor. All the rooms are updated and larger than your average hotel room. The suites we used for getting ready the day of the wedding were amazing! They're huge and even have a Jacuzzi tub which was a nice touch. The staff was amazing, they took care of everything - I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Mary and her team are wedding professionals and could probably run a wedding in their sleep they're so good! The food was spectacular - everyone loved their meals and no one had any complaints! We chose to have our reception in the tent and WOW was it gorgeous. They have beautiful chandeliers and an actual floor so you're not walking on grass. Their packages are affordable and include SO MUCH. Overall I'd say The Colonial was a 10/10 and I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!
  • Ali
    Alexa L. Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing best wedding coordinators

The wedding coordinators mary and kaylee are amazing. They make everything run perfectly. Anytime I had questions they responded immediately. I'm so glad we went with this venue. Everything was perfect from food to ceremony.
    Aimee L. Married on 07/12/2019

Choose the Colonial Hotel

Choosing the Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we made. They were so organized, thorough and pleasant to deal with! They followed up with us throughout our engagement to make sure we were on track and all of our questions were answered. The day of our wedding they were AMAZING. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. The staff at the Colonial made sure everything ran so smoothly. They coordinated with our vendors, made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. We had some custom decorations and each table had an individual centerpiece - they were all set up perfectly! The food was delicious and the staff even made sure that my husband and I each had a piece of our wedding cake waiting for us in our room since we didn't have a chance to eat it during the reception. The Colonial is definitely the right choice!!
    Kaitlyn J. Married on 07/09/2019

Everything was Amazing!

The whole experience of planning the wedding was simple and easy with the wonderful help of Mary and Kailee. From the moment I stepped onsite to the end was an amazing. Everyone was so nice and helpful I could't have done it without them. They were always available to answer any questions I had. The food was amazing!
    Chelsey Married on 06/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we could dream of!

Where to begin!? From day one, working with Mary and her team was a breeze. I had a million and one questions (especially the week of the big day) and someone always responded promptly and never made me feel like I was being a pain. We had our ceremony outside under the pergola and our reception in the tent to the side of the hotel. Everything was perfect, our centerpieces were set up exactly how I envisioned, the food was DELICIOUS, and our guests are still telling us how wonderful everything was. It was extremely convenient having ceremony, reception, and sleeping accommodations all in one place...working with the great team there was an added bonus. We were able to do rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding in the tavern located at the hotel and we were able to continue party into the tavern after the reception. This was great because we were able to talk to/see people we hadn't had a chance to during the actual reception. Mary made our day so easy and special...would definitely recommend the Colonial!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 12/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly a Christmas wedding to remember

I am not even sure where to begin. We were married Dec 08, 2018. I knew I wanted a venue that was all inclusive in its packages but also in its venue. With it being winter i did not want my guests to have to travel in between. Having the rehearsal, ceremony, reception, AND after party all in one building was beyond ideal and we received SOO many compliments that no one had to leave the hotel once they arrived. When we visited last December, I knew the instant we walked in that this was going to be my venue. There was an enormous Christmas tree next to the beautiful staircase and I was smitten. Once we met with Mary the coordinator, I was in shock at the prices and inclusiveness of the packages. Mary was very easy to work with and beyond thorough throughout the whole process. We had MANY bumps in our year with loss of family members and we had to reschedule, meetings, tastings, you name it. Mary personally would call to just check in on not only myself but my family as well. I never felt pressured into making decisions or pressured by her or the venue while life was crazy for a while. I knew somehow in their hands that this day would all come together and it truly did. Kailee also had her hand in making our day special and making sure all of our vendors and important people were informed and coordinated. I cant say enough about this venue. I truly cant wait to return for a visit.
    Phoenix Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing experience!

I am so glad that we did our wedding here! When we walked into our reception everything was set up exactly how we wanted it. Everything ran so smoothly throughout the evening. The staff also packaged up our cake, gifts, decor and even our leftover food(!!) and had it all sent up to our room right after the wedding. By the time we left the after party it was all up there and ready to easily put in our car the next morning. I cannot say enough good things. Kayleigh was amazing, flexible and so easy to work with!
  • Julianne
    Julianne H. Married on 10/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I'd give them 6 stars if I could :)

From start to finish everything about working with Colonial Hotel was amazing. They were responsive, kind, accommodating, and so helpful every step of the way. Our wedding was better than we had even imagined all thanks to them. I wouldn't change a single thing about the day. We are so lucky to have had our wedding there!
illustration stars