Colonial Hotel Reviews

86 | Gardner, MA

86 Reviews for Colonial Hotel

Julia · Married on 01/07/2020

Best Weddding Ever

We recently just had our wedding at the Colonial Hotel. I cannot say enough about the Hotel. From the time we checked in it was absolutely perfect. We started off having our rehearsal dinner in the Colonial Grille which was low key and the food was delicious. The Reception was absolutely amazing. I still have people telling me it was the best wedding they have ever went to. Mary was there with me the whole time to answer any questions and was also with me the day of to keep me from stressing out. After the reception we went into the pub for the late night station and the hotel provided entertainment so we could keep the party going. I honestly cannot say enough about the hotel and we will be sure to recommend it to everyone. They also recently repainted the outside building and it feels like you have entered a castle.

Julia · Married on 01/07/2020

I wrote a review, but the date glitched, i got married on July 13th 2019!! It was wonderful!!

Monica Pereira · Married on 12/10/2019

Phenomenal!

The Colonial Hotel was amazing from the time we booked until our big event. Mary and Kailee always went above and beyond to answer any questions we had. Mary was great through all my crazy bride moments! Mary and Kailee were always willing to go the extra mile to make us happy. Mary walked us through every detail and gave us tips as to how we could make the day run smoother. She really put my mind at ease during such a stressful time. The Colonial Hotel was absolutely phenomenal!

Monica P

Sent on 02/17/2020

Kayleigh · Married on 11/30/2019

The Most Amazing Wedding

Having our wedding at the Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Mary was amazing to work with over the two year course of planning our wedding, and she was very responsive to my incessant e-mails in the weeks leading up to the big event. She was able to accommodate my mother-in-law's request for a laid back rehearsal dinner, and was willing to go to bat for us on all of our 'out of the norm' requests. The salon space for getting ready pre-wedding was unparalleled and allowed for the bridal suite to be clean right up until it was time for the girls to get dressed. The food at both the rehearsal dinner and the reception was amazing, as were all of the passed hors d'oeuvres. Our package included Chiavari chairs and floor length linens which looked absolutely stunning in the ballroom. The space is so beautiful on it's own that we needed to bring very little decorations. We requested that the Christmas decorations be up for our Thanksgiving weekend wedding, and not only did the hotel deliver but they looked amazing. I cannot recommend Mary and the sales team enough, this was the perfect venue for our wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Michael · Married on 10/19/2019

Had a great experience

All the folks we dealt with were extremely helpful!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Sadie · Married on 10/10/2019

Perfect Place for a Wedding

The weekend started with us all coming in Friday night to have our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The great thing about the Colonial is that you can do everything here! The Rehearsal Dinner was in the Grille, the food was delicious.
    Because the Colonial Hotel has so many rooms, all my wedding party and guests were able to stay the night before and night of the wedding, which made getting ready so easy! The Staff all around was just wonderful!
    After the most perfect wedding, I didn't even have to clean up, they brought all decorations and gifts to my room for me! We ended a great weekend with breakfast all together back in the Grille.
    I could not have picked a more perfect place for my wedding!

• Kimberlee

Kimberlee · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful! Beautiful venue - great staff!

The Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The venue is beautiful - as soon as you pull into the parking lot it looks like you're visiting a castle. They just recently renovated the exterior of the building and it looks magical. The inside of the hotel has nicely updated decor. All the rooms are updated and larger than your average hotel room. The suites we used for getting ready the day of the wedding were amazing! They're huge and even have a Jacuzzi tub which was a nice touch. The staff was amazing, they took care of everything - I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Mary and her team are wedding professionals and could probably run a wedding in their sleep they're so good! The food was spectacular - everyone loved their meals and no one had any complaints! We chose to have our reception in the tent and WOW was it gorgeous. They have beautiful chandeliers and an actual floor so you're not walking on grass. Their packages are affordable and include SO MUCH. Overall I'd say The Colonial was a 10/10 and I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Ali

Alexa Lessard · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing best wedding coordinators

The wedding coordinators mary and kaylee are amazing. They make everything run perfectly. Anytime I had questions they responded immediately. I'm so glad we went with this venue. Everything was perfect from food to ceremony.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Aimee Lia · Married on 07/12/2019

Choose the Colonial Hotel

Choosing the Colonial Hotel was one of the best decisions we made. They were so organized, thorough and pleasant to deal with! They followed up with us throughout our engagement to make sure we were on track and all of our questions were answered. The day of our wedding they were AMAZING. We didn't have to worry about a single thing. The staff at the Colonial made sure everything ran so smoothly. They coordinated with our vendors, made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. We had some custom decorations and each table had an individual centerpiece - they were all set up perfectly! The food was delicious and the staff even made sure that my husband and I each had a piece of our wedding cake waiting for us in our room since we didn't have a chance to eat it during the reception. The Colonial is definitely the right choice!!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Kaitlyn Jones · Married on 07/09/2019

Everything was Amazing!

The whole experience of planning the wedding was simple and easy with the wonderful help of Mary and Kailee. From the moment I stepped onsite to the end was an amazing. Everyone was so nice and helpful I could't have done it without them. They were always available to answer any questions I had. The food was amazing!

Chelsey · Married on 06/28/2019

Everything we could dream of!

Where to begin!? From day one, working with Mary and her team was a breeze. I had a million and one questions (especially the week of the big day) and someone always responded promptly and never made me feel like I was being a pain. We had our ceremony outside under the pergola and our reception in the tent to the side of the hotel. Everything was perfect, our centerpieces were set up exactly how I envisioned, the food was DELICIOUS, and our guests are still telling us how wonderful everything was. It was extremely convenient having ceremony, reception, and sleeping accommodations all in one place...working with the great team there was an added bonus. We were able to do rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding in the tavern located at the hotel and we were able to continue party into the tavern after the reception. This was great because we were able to talk to/see people we hadn't had a chance to during the actual reception. Mary made our day so easy and special...would definitely recommend the Colonial!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 12/08/2018

Truly a Christmas wedding to remember

I am not even sure where to begin. We were married Dec 08, 2018. I knew I wanted a venue that was all inclusive in its packages but also in its venue. With it being winter i did not want my guests to have to travel in between. Having the rehearsal, ceremony, reception, AND after party all in one building was beyond ideal and we received SOO many compliments that no one had to leave the hotel once they arrived. When we visited last December, I knew the instant we walked in that this was going to be my venue. There was an enormous Christmas tree next to the beautiful staircase and I was smitten. Once we met with Mary the coordinator, I was in shock at the prices and inclusiveness of the packages. Mary was very easy to work with and beyond thorough throughout the whole process. We had MANY bumps in our year with loss of family members and we had to reschedule, meetings, tastings, you name it. Mary personally would call to just check in on not only myself but my family as well. I never felt pressured into making decisions or pressured by her or the venue while life was crazy for a while. I knew somehow in their hands that this day would all come together and it truly did. Kailee also had her hand in making our day special and making sure all of our vendors and important people were informed and coordinated. I cant say enough about this venue. I truly cant wait to return for a visit.

Sent on 12/21/2018

Phoenix · Married on 11/02/2018

Amazing experience!

I am so glad that we did our wedding here! When we walked into our reception everything was set up exactly how we wanted it. Everything ran so smoothly throughout the evening. The staff also packaged up our cake, gifts, decor and even our leftover food(!!) and had it all sent up to our room right after the wedding. By the time we left the after party it was all up there and ready to easily put in our car the next morning. I cannot say enough good things. Kayleigh was amazing, flexible and so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Julianne

Julianne Harris · Married on 10/20/2018

I'd give them 6 stars if I could :)

From start to finish everything about working with Colonial Hotel was amazing. They were responsive, kind, accommodating, and so helpful every step of the way. Our wedding was better than we had even imagined all thanks to them. I wouldn't change a single thing about the day. We are so lucky to have had our wedding there!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Kerry · Married on 10/06/2018

Great wedding venue!! Our guests loved their food choices, and the breakfast buffet the next morning was a great addition for overnight guests. Mary and Kailee were wonderful to work with!! They were always very friendly and helpful with all of the wedding planning details, and made sure everything was always on schedule. Our Hostess Taylor also did a great job! Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating too!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 08/04/2018

The Colonial Hotel was a 10/10 experience for my wedding. From ensuring every detail was noted, to making me feel so totally comfortable that I didn’t have to worry about anything except having the time of my life, they were true professionals. With the weather not cooperating, they quickly gave me options and helped me choose the best choices for my guests. Everything was perfect. I wouldn’t have changed a thing about my day. The food was amazing, the venue is beautiful, there are so many spots inside and out for pictures and all of the staff are amazing. I highly recommend the Colonial Hotel to aby bride who looking to have their dream wedding.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Colonial Hotel's reply:

Mackenzie! Thank you for your review we are so happy to hear that you had a amazing day and that our staff exceeded your expectations. We take pride in our service and delicious food! Enjoy being newlyweds!

Connor · Married on 06/29/2018

The Colonial Hotel exceeded all of our expectations. From the first meeting, Mary and her staff were extremely professional and made us confident about hosting our wedding there.

Our wedding day at The Colonial went perfectly. We held our reception in the tent, and the staff set it up beautifully. We honestly did not have to worry about a thing during the reception. The hotel worked with our vendors and made sure that everything went smoothly. Also, the food was excellent and all of our guests raved about it! Great value, excellent venue. We would highly recommend The Colonial Hotel to anyone.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Colonial Hotel's reply:

Thank you for your review Connor! It makes us so happy to hear your guests had a wonderful time and had nothing but good things to say about their evening. Our goal is for your guests to have an amazing evening and for you to relax and worry about nothing throughout the day and we are happy to hear that goal was met. Thank you for choosing us we enjoyed celebrating with you!

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2018

When looking for a wedding venue, my husband and I had a few things in mind, "easy to get to," "affordable" and "fun." The colonial provided all three of these aspects of our wedding and MORE. The moment we toured The Colonial we were in complete awe. Mary, the wedding planner, was professional and honest and made our wedding day the day of our dreams. Once we arrived on site we truly were treated like royalty and did not have to worry about a thing.

The Pub (colonial bar and grill) was one part of the venue that we fell in love with right away. We did a late night food station and invited our guests to go around the corner to the pub after our dancing was over. The hotel hired a DJ and the party continued. We had over 120 of our guests stay and dance some more with us. No one had to drive to where they were staying, and even those who were not staying at the hotel came to the pub to have a blast. What was a 5 hour wedding turned into a 8 hour party!

Our goal was to have fun and let me tell you that we did. We had multiple comments from guests on how nice it was to have the ballroom, the pub, and the hotel all in one place. Not to mention the pure awe of the ballroom. I would truly recommend this setting to anyone! (I also highly recommend the late night food station!)

Also, I have an allergy myself along with multiple family members and the staff was so attentive to making sure all our meals were perfect!

Thanks again colonial-we will be back!
    Michael and Danielle Smith

Sent on 07/21/2018

Colonial Hotel's reply:

Dear Michael & Danielle! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience via Wedding Wire! We so appreciate the 5 stars and kind words. We're thrilled to hear everything went just as you'd hoped. Thank you for choosing us for such a momentous occasion. Don't be strangers! Visit us again soon! Sincerely, Your Friends at The Colonial Hotel

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

My daughter got married on June 23rd 2018. The Colonial Hotel made this process so easy! We just loved the ballroom and of course our wedding coordinator Mary was just the best. We had many out of town guests and they all commented on what a great venue it was . They just loved having everything in one place. We went from the reception to the pub with a DJ provided by the hotel and ordered more food for the after party there. Then the guests could go right to their room. The service was excellent and Mary made the whole process so easy. The food was delicious ! I would highly recommend the Colonial !!!
    Lisa Cormier

Sent on 08/25/2018

Colonial Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa for this review. What a perfect picture of the two of them! We are so happy the we could make the night go smoothly for you all and you and your guests enjoyed having everything in one place

Katie · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I physically visited 20 venues and I had researched countless others when we finally found everything we were looking for in a venue with the Colonial Hotel! Salons that travel to the spa on site for a spa day with the girls and hair and makeup on the day of the wedding, overnight accommodations for our guests without the inconvenient 2 night minimum, beautiful outdoor ceremony area, gorgeous ballroom with hardwood floors and large windows, an equally beautiful indoor ceremony space in case of inclement weather, spacious Honeymoon Suite with a Jacuzzi and fireplace, absolutely delicious food, a restaurant and bar on-site for the rehearsal dinner and the after party, only about an hour from home and it was actually within our budget! Mary was our fabulous coordinator and answered hundreds of questions for me throughout the whole process. She did an amazing job accommodating all of our requests and making sure that there were no worries for the big day. I knew she had everything under control. She was there every step of the way and is really a pleasure to work with. I honestly can't say enough about wonderful things about Mary and the Colonial Hotel. I am so happy that my husband and I didn't settle for one of the countless venues we looked at and finally found this gem in Gardner Ma. My parents, husband and I thank you Mary and your talented professional staff for making our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 09/16/2017

Colonial hotel isn’t just a wedding venue; they were the perfect hosts for our wedding weekend! We got married on 9/16/17 at the outdoor pergola & ballroom tent; reserved 50+ rooms. We booked on in 2015 and the entire venue/packages were constantly changing to maintain a modern atmosphere and all wedding trends. Mary (wedding coordinator) was the one we closely worked with then leading up to our weekend was Kara & Sarah, plus many more! They were very accommodating and professional; they answered ALL my questions in a timely manner! For example I rented my own white dance floor; they were very accommodating with the rental company who had strict guidelines. They allowed us to store our decor due to the large amount. Friday night was when we were able to make final decision to have outside so we rehearsed l then proceeded to Colonial Grill with 37 people. The seating, display of gifts, and dinner package were all great. The morning of the wedding we had our suites pre-stocked with food/ drinks which was a more feasible option vs. catering from the grill. We did “first look” outside under the hotel arches, then moved to stairwell. That is the beauty of this hotel, there is numerous locations pending the weather or photographer ideas. We did extended family photos after the ceremony then joined cocktail hour. Intros were so organized with the combo of our vendors and staff. Dinner was a very big decision with the quality, freshness, temp, and presentation; they succeeded in all fields. Mary provided us with tons of support and guided us during the entire process on ways to save on costs. The flow of the wedding was honestly perfect, the amount of fun we had was indescribable. To have a great event you need to put hard work into planning and be prepared to spend. You need to really look at their wedding packages because they are very reasonable! Thank you for making our dream wedding a true reality, can't wait to go back! Love, Sean & Nikki McClelland

Sent on 10/21/2017

Tina · Married on 09/10/2017

I have nothing but good things to say about the Colonial. They have been so accommodating in preparation of our wedding! I can't wait for our wedding! We toured 17 venues before we found the Colonial - a hidden gem!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Natalia · Married on 06/10/2017

We originally didn't want to spend so much money on one day. But we decided in the long scheme it wasn't much more then the cheaper venues and so convenient. I'm so glad we decided to do it here.
    One of the greatest conveniences and selling points about the Colonial is that after the reception the bar which stays open until 2 with a DJ then, you can walk up to your spacious room. No need for you or your guest to drive anywhere.
    Now that the wedding has passed, I'm so glad we decided on it. Mary and her team were great! They are very professional. Before the wedding I emailed Mary very often she always answered me and was pleased to help. When she wasn't available Sarah was there to help.
    The day of the wedding was amazing. Everything went flawless they work very hard and deserve the 20% administrative fee. As a frugal person at first I thought it was a little much. But now I see why!!! We were on a very tight budget so we did our own flowers. My friend who set everything up said that the staff was amazing. They helped her fill and set up the center piece vases and decorations, without them she said she would have missed the ceremony. The ceremony was perfect, everything went as planned. The only thing I'd change is the long walk to the pagoda.
    After the ceremony we had to take pictures, I figured we wouldn't get many of the hordeurvs or sangria offered to our guest. I was very wrong. We had so much food and delicious sangria. As the rest of our party went in we had a young woman who helped us during pictures holding my veil, etc.
    At the reception everything was amazing our waitress Bridgett made sure we were well hydrated and taken care of. All of our guest were ranting about the food and sangria!
    Over all our experience was amazing I highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

ashton · Married on 05/20/2017

My husband and I got married at the Colonial on May 20, 2017. Everything from the planning process to the wedding day itself was absolutely smooth sailing and perfect! The staff at the Colonial were so easy going and great to work with. Mary who is the wedding coordinator there was amazing!! I would highly recommend checking out this great venue! Ask for Mary and tell let her know her "BBF" referred you!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/08/2017

I got married at the Colonial Hotel back in April and I have nothing but great things to say! 1st off Mary is absolutely amazing and I miss working with her! She made the whole process seamless and always answered my questions promptly but also didn’t make me feel bad for asking silly questions. She was truly amazing. The day of my wedding was honestly a dream come true. I can honestly say not one thing went wrong! We all got ready in the Hotel Spa area. Hey Good Lookn Salon came (referred to by the Colonial) and took over the salon for the morning- they were awesome to work with. The suite was amazing to get ready in too! The ceremony and reception were both held inside which ended up being stunning! We heard nothing but great things about the food (the chicken cordon blue was a fan favorite!) Our cake was part of our package and we got it through the Bean Counter. The cake was AMAZING. After the wedding we moved the party into the restaurant/bar area – it was a great after party where we had food. People ask me all the time if you could change one thing what would it be and looking back now I honestly can say that I wouldn’t have changed one thing or I wish I could relive it again! This was definitely the best night of my life and I could recommend this place for anyone’s wedding in the future!

Sent on 07/11/2017