Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Williamsburg, VA
View more information

Shannon C. Married on 09/01/2018

5 Star Services

I will always recommend Colonial Gardens Bed and Breakfast.... We were lucky enough to be able to renew our vows in this gorgeous Garden... Beth was an awesome host... Everything was perfect.... they handed everything...right down to the perfect bouquet of sunflower... very attentive with lots of attention to detail... awesome service... quaint and personal... our renewal was intimate... just my husband myself and our children...

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much Shannon! We were so happy to help with your special day. We hope to see you at the B&B for an anniversary in the future. Be happy!
    Samantha Married on 05/06/2017

Our perfect wedding!!

We were married there two years ago and our friends and family still refer to it as the best wedding they’ve ever attended. I was overwhelmed at the daunting experience of planning a wedding, so Karen, the proprietor graciously offered to help. Help is an understatement as she guided me through its entirety. From dinner to a cake, bartender to officiator, hair and makeup to photographer, she handled everything. The day before the wedding we found out that rain was in the forecast, so Karen and her wonderful husband Ron, organized a tent to be rented, and Ron personally strung magical lights within it (thankfully the rain never came). She took a stressful situation and made it relaxing and perfect. I literally could not have planned it without her. We also rented out the B&B for the weekend and that in and of itself was a perfect experience. I can’t recommend Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast in Williamsburg, VA enough. If I could give it 10 stars I would, as it is worth that and more!!!

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast's reply:

You are so kind to give us such a fabulous review and as you know we loved doing every bit of it for you!
    Reba O. Married on 04/21/2017

Gorgeous wedding

We actually did a true elopement package here and it was absolutely beautiful. I did not have to do anything other than walk down the aisle. They literally did everything and I could not recommend this place more. We are planning to renew our vows here within the future. This is definitely the place to have your wedding or just to stay in their beautiful rooms!

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much Reba for your kind review! We are so happy you loved everything!
    Be Blessed!
    Emm B. Married on 10/22/2016

Scottish Wedding under October Skies

We were married in October 2016 at Colonial Gardens and rented the entire B&B for the weekend. Our experience was perfect. Karen and her husband are amazing. Everything from the rooms, flowers, catering, landscaping, set-up, staffing, music, photography, bagpipes, musicians and more were gorgeous, organized and stress free. We will always cherish our intimate October Garden wedding and can’t recommend Colonial Gardens enough!
  • User2222714 2+ years ago
    All I can say is these ladies have thought of every detail! 1 phone call, 1 deposit, and in 3 days time I and my husband, were faced with the quiet, romantic, small wedding that we hoped for. Miss Joy went above and beyond for this anxious bride and groom. She was always willing to help find anything we were looking for and had answers for every question. I can not say enough about the flowers, the cake, the champagne, the photography, the decorations, the garden, the dinner reservations, and the presentation of the bridal suite on our wedding night. The only things we had to bring were the clothes, the rings, and the marriage license. Miss Joy and Miss Karen took care of everything! For a setting that is so simple, it has been an absolutely wonderful 3 days for us. So if you are looking for simple, yet elegant setting in your wedding plans this is a great place to start your life together.
    Donna Married on 05/09/2015
    We had an amazing and beautiful wedding provided by Colonial Gardens and Karen. I am so glad we choose to go this route
    rather than spend a lot more money and have more stress. Karen handled everything and we saved so much money not to mention drama.
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 07/11/2014

Best Wedding Location

We spent a long time picking the best place to get married in Williamsburg. We chose Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast and we are glad we did! The property is beautiful and the staff is amazing! We had a wonderful day with are loved ones!

Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review Christine! Be happy and please come back to see us on an anniversary~
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer M. Married on 08/05/2009

Best choice ever!!!!

When we decided to have a private ceremony, there were a variety of choices. We were referred by friends who had spent the weekend at Colonial Gardens. This was the best choice ever!!! We had to change the date at the last minute...no problem!!! Talk about no stress!!! All we had to do was show up! The flowers, officiant, pictures, cake, even reservations for dinner were already done for us. It was all for us, no one else. The next morning, our pictures were on display through the laptop as we ate our wonderful breakfast. Now that we are back in the area, we go back for our anniversary every year. Maybe a vow renewal in the future!!! (Our pic is on their site ❤️)
    Mary Married on 09/20/2014
    I can not say enough about our wedding at colonial gardens. Karen was an amazing person to work with and we were happy with everything. I think the best part was that she listened to what we wanted and help us achieve it at a very reasonable cost. Thank you Karen!