Colonial Florist Reviews

72 | Gordonsville, VA

72 Reviews for Colonial Florist

Charisse · Married on 07/20/2019

BEST florist in the area

We talked to a few florist in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area. Ultimately, we decided on Colonial Florist and we're 100% glad that we did. Donna was very polite, flexible, and prompt. She was very helpful from the beginning of the process to the end. Additionally, the flowers were beautiful and a lot of our guests raved about our arrangements! I can't think of anything negative to say about them, I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Charisse,
    Thank you for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you for such a memorable day! Wishing you both the best, Donna
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Customer Service

Donna has done a great job honing in my vision for our wedding flowers. She is always so receptive, and I can tell that she is invested in making my vision come to life. She has a vast knowledge of what flowers will complement each other, being honest about what blooms will working during our wedding time frame, and forthcoming with budget details. She has made the nervewracking task of choosing flowers such a breeze! I can’t wait to see the beautiful flowers on our big day!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Alissa,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!
    Best,
    Donna

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Breathtaking and Budget Friendly

Colonial Florist is THE florist to choose! A few key reasons:
    First - Donna is amazingly intuitive at understanding what you want. I gave her a brief description and some Pinterest pictures and she knew exactly what I wanted without any further detailed direction/requests. This saves a lot of time and headache for the bride!
    Second - Donna is incredibly organized. She’ll be there right when she says and have everything exactly as she said. This makes it great for planners and bride, etc!
    Third - She is very responsive and responds to emails very quickly and answers any and all questions. Super helpful!
    Fourth - Donna is budget friendly, while still making everything absolutely stunning! You’re not trading in any quality whatsoever but still getting a great price.

Overall Donna’s flowers have that perfect balance between natural and floral/breathtaking. Her personality is kind, organized, and flexible. I’d recommend Colonial Florist to ALL brides!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Ashley! It was a joy working with you for your big day and I am so pleased you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Donna
  • Erin

Erin M. · Married on 06/29/2019

Exactly What We Wanted!

We heard about Colonial Florist at a Bridal Expo and were extremely impressed by the examples provided at the booth. We had talked about doing flowers on our own, but Donna was friendly and really took a huge weight off our minds. We wanted "wildflowers" and Colonial Florist not only had the perfect example to show experience in and understanding of exactly what we wanted, but they were able to work with our price range to ensure that we were getting beautiful arrangements at a price that would work for our budget. We had a HOT summer outdoor evening ceremony and the flowers held up all night and well into the next two weeks after the wedding. They dried really well too! So beautiful and just perfect for us, I didn't want to toss the bouquet!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Erin for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you for your special day. Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/22/2019

Great experience!

Donna was easy to talk to and did a fantastic job at bringing my vision to life for the wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you, Christina, for this wonderful review!! It was a real joy to work with you and I'm so happy you loved your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Maggie

Maggie W. · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect, couldn’t have been better

We couldn’t have been more pleased with donna’s work for our wedding. Everything we asked for, she immediately said “of course” and did a STUNNING job. Boutonnières, bouquets... perfect. When I asked her to make a small flower clip for my hair a week in advance, she did so without hesitation. She made a lovely flower crown for the flower girl and the arrangements we perfect. We were just so impressed. I had sent her a few pictures of our ideas/taste, and she was spot on with her creation. We couldn’t have been happier

Sent on 08/09/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Maggie, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Donna

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Colonial Florist brought my vision to life!

Donna with Colonial Florists did an AMAZING job at my June 1 wedding at DelFosse Vineyards. I was and still am blown away by her work. All of the flowers were gorgeous and she truly brought my vision to life. It felt like I was in a fairy tale and I especially loved how she decorated the arbor! Donna was easy to get a hold of and was able to accommodate all of my requests. I would 1000% recommend Colonial Florist to every bride!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Rachel,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I am so thrilled you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfect Wedding Flowers

Seeing my wedding flowers for the first time was easily one of the highlights of my wedding day. Donna and her team did an amazing job capturing exactly what I wanted based on just a few photos and my clumsy descriptions. Donna is not only a talented florist, but a considerate and thoughtful person. She thoughtfully listened to everything I wanted and made great suggestions. She was very reasonably priced and the end product was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Donna for everything!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Renuka, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a true pleasure to be a part of your special day and I am over the top happy you were pleased! I wish you both many years of happiness together!
  • Stacy

Stacy C. · Married on 05/05/2019

Wonderful Experience

Donna and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. During other phone conversations with florists, I honestly felt pressured and unimportant. Talking to Donna was the complete opposite. She has a wonderful personality, and in one short discussion over the phone she completely exceeded my expectations. Our bouquets were stunning, and the reception blew me away. Donna and her team have such a great vision, and my husband and I are so glad we chose Colonial Florist for our wedding day!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Stacy! It was a pleasure working with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna

Casey · Married on 05/04/2019

So grateful for Donna and her team!

I am so grateful I chose Donna for my wedding flowers! She listened to my vision on our first call and replicated it perfectly. Her arrangements were gorgeous and exactly what I had imagined - it blew my mind how she was able to pull everything together from a phone call and some pictures I sent her. Possibly even greater was her willingness to modify my contract about a million times as I tweaked things over the months leading up the big day. And not once did she sound even the slightest bit annoyed; instead she graciously accommodated each change reassuring me that she wanted it to be perfect for me. When choosing a wedding vendor, it was so important to us that not only did we love what they produced (cupcakes from our baker, images from our photographer, floral arrangements from our florist, etc.) but we loved them as people as well. Donna was so accommodating, so personable, and put me at such ease. I never worried once about my flowers the day of as I had the utmost in Donna. We would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Casey, It was a pleasure working with you!! I am overwhelmed by this wonderful review, thank you so much! Wishing you all the happiness in the world! Donna
  • Sally

Sally · Married on 05/04/2019

Gorgeous Flower Arrangements

Donna made my vision for our wedding a reality! She created gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding. The flowers were fresh and just so beautiful. She is such a kind person, and was incredibly flexible in working within our day-of-schedule.

Sent on 05/17/2019

Sally,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was a true pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!
    Donna
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend Colonial Florist!

I highly recommend using Donna from Colonial Florist for your wedding! She was really easy to communicate with and understand my vision for my wedding from the beginning. I loved the bouquets and centerpieces we ended up with! I also thought she was really reasonably priced compared to other florists in Charlottesville.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Catherine,
    Thank you for this great review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Katy · Married on 04/26/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Donna and the staff at Colonial Florist were amazing to work with. Donna was always very quick to respond to emails and flexible when my plans changed a time or two. She was willing to work within my budget and is very detail oriented. She really understood my vision for simple, yet beautiful bouquets, arrangements, and centerpieces. I highly recommend Colonial Florist!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Katy,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so pleased you liked everything! Wishing you many years of happiness! Donna
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful florals

Colonial Florist did the bouquets and boutonnières for our wedding and they couldn’t have come out better. We gave them very minimal parameters (colors) and let them pick the flowers, and the results were beautiful!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Marisa,
    Thank you so much for that wonderful review! I'm so glad you were happy with your flowers!
    Best to you! Donna
  • Chiara

Chiara · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful, fragrant flowers, and flexible on budget

Donna at Colonial Florist was amazing to work with! We only wanted fresh flowers for wedding party bouquets/boutonnieres, and Donna was the only florist in the Charlottesville area that would do that for us (all the other florists had outrageous minimum spending requirements for weddings). We really appreciated that Donna was willing to work with us, no matter how small our request. She also really listened to what we wanted and made it happen! She was very respectful of our budget concerns and made it work!

The flowers looked BEAUTIFUL and they were exactly what we wanted. They were also SO scented! I can't normally smell flowers but these were very fragrant! My bridesmaids and I kept sniffing our bouquets because they smelled so good.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend Colonial Florist!!!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Chiara,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I'm so glad you were pleased with my services and flowers. I wish you both many years of happiness!

Kendall · Married on 03/23/2019

Great value and incredibly talented florist!

Donna was fabulous–a fantastic communicator and she took my vision and brought it to life. The bouquets in particular were exactly what I dreamed of and was so excited when we arrived in our bridal suite to see them. She also did a beautiful arbor of eucalyptus, the boutonnières and also greenery on the tables. Compared to other florists she was extremely affordable and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Donna and Colonial Florists!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kendall, Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so happy you were pleased with everything! Wishing you all the best, Donna
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing humans

Wow, the staff is amazing. Donna called me and included me in every decision. The day for my wedding, I got a call from her asking me if I want a certain flower because they tried everything but they were not opening. I was a little heart broken but so happy she called me to include me. They have been amazing the moment I got a quote, they got me flowers I wanted and brought my vision to life on my wedding day. I couldn't be anymore happy. Now they will live on in my living room in my shadow box. Thank you again.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Ashleigh, Thank you so much for that fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you! Sending you many blessings for a wonderful like together!
    Best to you both, Donna
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Flowers with a Personal Touch

As a woman who knows nothing about flowers, picking a florist was a little stressful. When I talked to Donna at Colonial florist, she put me at ease. I described to her what I liked and the feeling I was trying to get to with the flowers and she pulled out some flower to give me some ideas. I felt like she really heard me and understood what I wanted. The day of the wedding, I was giddy when I saw how beautifully the tables came together.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Shannon, Thank you so much for this fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2018

Donna with Colonial Florist went above and beyond for my clients that got married last summer at James Monroe's Highland. Not only did she create beautiful designs for the personal wedding flowers, but she curated gorgeous, classic centerpieces that fit the style the clients wanted perfectly. She provided the rental decorations in addition to the blooms and greenery, and was so accommodating for retrieving the rentals after the event was over. Give Donna a call today to plan your wedding or event florals, you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for the fantastic review! You were such a joy to work with! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Julie · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!!! Absolutely Amazing Flowers and Service!!!!

Donna was absolutely amazing! She made the whole wedding flower process so easy. She stayed within our low budget, but still produced beautiful flowers and arrangements for our wedding. She met with us before the wedding at our venue so we could go over the day. She even let me borrow an easel for our welcome sign. I would recommend Colonial Florist over and over again. We were also an out of town wedding so we had to worry enough about other things, but this was never one of them.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Julie,
    Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was great working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend!

We loved our flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was so wonderful and made the planning process so easy. I gave her a general idea of what I wanted and she was able to create the most beautiful designs. She was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with, and was willing to help with several last minute requests from my family members who were doing the centerpieces. We were so happy with our florals from Colonial Florist and would definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Allison,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you have many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Laurene

Laurene · Married on 07/28/2018

I'm so glad I found Donna at Colonial Florist! I wanted beautiful yet affordable florals for our wedding and didn't know if it was possible. Donna worked with my budget suggesting flowers that wouldn't break the bank while achieving the look I was going for. She was so nice and great to communicate with that I almost didn't care how the flowers turned out, and they turned out so beautifully!!! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Laurene,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy you were pleased! Wishing you both many years of happiness!

Clara · Married on 06/23/2018

Donna and the Colonial Florist team are absolutely wonderful! When I first spoke with Donna about my preferences (and my budget!) she was extremely kind, personable, and immediately said she would be able to create the bouquets I had in mind at the cost that I could afford. Donna quickly sent me information on the flowers she had in mind, and as we continued to be in contact I felt more and more assured that the bouquets would be gorgeous and delivered exactly where (and when) we needed them to be -- which all turned out to be true on the wedding day! I never had to worry about a thing, and the flowers were exactly what I had imagined. Thank you Donna, and to your team, for the hard work and beautiful florals you provided for our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Clara! Wishing you many many years of happiness! Donna
  • F

Florence · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with Donna was a great experience! She brought my vision to life. All of the flowers at our wedding were beautiful; above and beyond my expectations. She was super responsive and easy to communicate with, and she stayed within our budget while including every detail we requested (succulents and greenery)! I would highly recommend Colonial Florist, and Donna, to every bride in VA!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Florence! I am so happy you were pleased and it was a joy working with you! Wishing you both much happiness!

Emily · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so happy that we chose to go with Colonial Florist for our wedding. All of the arrangements absolutely exceeded my expectations. Donna intuitively knew what I was looking for based off of our meeting and a few inspiration photos, and I trusted her with any suggestions. She worked with our budget throughout the process and through many changes. Pricing is extremely fair and I believe more appropriate than some other inflated Charlottesville area florists. As a bonus, the flowers we took home from our reception were still beautiful when we came back from our honeymoon!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you for that wonderful review Emily! It was a joy working with you and I am so glad you were pleased with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness. Donna