Colonial Florist Reviews

Colonial Florist 7
  • Alissa

Alissa · Getting married on 07/13/2019

Great Customer Service

Donna has done a great job honing in my vision for our wedding flowers. She is always so receptive, and I can tell that she is invested in making my vision come to life. She has a vast knowledge of what flowers will complement each other, being honest about what blooms will working during our wedding time frame, and forthcoming with budget details. She has made the nervewracking task of choosing flowers such a breeze! I can’t wait to see the beautiful flowers on our big day!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Alissa,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!
    Best,
  • Sally

Sally · Married on 05/04/2019

Gorgeous Flower Arrangements

Donna made my vision for our wedding a reality! She created gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding. The flowers were fresh and just so beautiful. She is such a kind person, and was incredibly flexible in working within our day-of-schedule.

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Colonial Florist 8
    Colonial Florist 9
    Colonial Florist 10
    Colonial Florist 11

Sally,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was a true pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful florals

Colonial Florist did the bouquets and boutonnières for our wedding and they couldn’t have come out better. We gave them very minimal parameters (colors) and let them pick the flowers, and the results were beautiful!

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Colonial Florist 12
    Colonial Florist 13

Marisa,
    Thank you so much for that wonderful review! I'm so glad you were happy with your flowers!
    Best to you! Donna
  • Chiara

Chiara · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful, fragrant flowers, and flexible on budget

Donna at Colonial Florist was amazing to work with! We only wanted fresh flowers for wedding party bouquets/boutonnieres, and Donna was the only florist in the Charlottesville area that would do that for us (all the other florists had outrageous minimum spending requirements for weddings). We really appreciated that Donna was willing to work with us, no matter how small our request. She also really listened to what we wanted and made it happen! She was very respectful of our budget concerns and made it work!

The flowers looked BEAUTIFUL and they were exactly what we wanted. They were also SO scented! I can't normally smell flowers but these were very fragrant! My bridesmaids and I kept sniffing our bouquets because they smelled so good.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend Colonial Florist!!!

Sent on 03/31/2019
    Colonial Florist 14
    Colonial Florist 15
    Colonial Florist 16

Chiara,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I'm so glad you were pleased with my services and flowers. I wish you both many years of happiness!

Kendall · Married on 03/23/2019

Great value and incredibly talented florist!

Donna was fabulous–a fantastic communicator and she took my vision and brought it to life. The bouquets in particular were exactly what I dreamed of and was so excited when we arrived in our bridal suite to see them. She also did a beautiful arbor of eucalyptus, the boutonnières and also greenery on the tables. Compared to other florists she was extremely affordable and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Donna and Colonial Florists!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Colonial Florist 24
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing humans

Wow, the staff is amazing. Donna called me and included me in every decision. The day for my wedding, I got a call from her asking me if I want a certain flower because they tried everything but they were not opening. I was a little heart broken but so happy she called me to include me. They have been amazing the moment I got a quote, they got me flowers I wanted and brought my vision to life on my wedding day. I couldn't be anymore happy. Now they will live on in my living room in my shadow box. Thank you again.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Colonial Florist 25
    Colonial Florist 26
    Colonial Florist 27
    Colonial Florist 28

Colonial Florist's reply:

Ashleigh, Thank you so much for that fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you! Sending you many blessings for a wonderful like together!
    Best to you both, Donna
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Flowers with a Personal Touch

As a woman who knows nothing about flowers, picking a florist was a little stressful. When I talked to Donna at Colonial florist, she put me at ease. I described to her what I liked and the feeling I was trying to get to with the flowers and she pulled out some flower to give me some ideas. I felt like she really heard me and understood what I wanted. The day of the wedding, I was giddy when I saw how beautifully the tables came together.

Sent on 02/17/2019
    Colonial Florist 34
    Colonial Florist 35
    Colonial Florist 36

Colonial Florist's reply:

Shannon, Thank you so much for this fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2018

Donna with Colonial Florist went above and beyond for my clients that got married last summer at James Monroe's Highland. Not only did she create beautiful designs for the personal wedding flowers, but she curated gorgeous, classic centerpieces that fit the style the clients wanted perfectly. She provided the rental decorations in addition to the blooms and greenery, and was so accommodating for retrieving the rentals after the event was over. Give Donna a call today to plan your wedding or event florals, you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Colonial Florist 37
    Colonial Florist 38
    Colonial Florist 39
    Colonial Florist 40

Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for the fantastic review! You were such a joy to work with! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Julie · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!!! Absolutely Amazing Flowers and Service!!!!

Donna was absolutely amazing! She made the whole wedding flower process so easy. She stayed within our low budget, but still produced beautiful flowers and arrangements for our wedding. She met with us before the wedding at our venue so we could go over the day. She even let me borrow an easel for our welcome sign. I would recommend Colonial Florist over and over again. We were also an out of town wedding so we had to worry enough about other things, but this was never one of them.

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Colonial Florist 41

Julie,
    Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was great working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend!

We loved our flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was so wonderful and made the planning process so easy. I gave her a general idea of what I wanted and she was able to create the most beautiful designs. She was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with, and was willing to help with several last minute requests from my family members who were doing the centerpieces. We were so happy with our florals from Colonial Florist and would definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 03/01/2019
    Colonial Florist 42
    Colonial Florist 43
    Colonial Florist 44
    Colonial Florist 45

Allison,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you have many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Laurene

Laurene · Married on 07/28/2018

I'm so glad I found Donna at Colonial Florist! I wanted beautiful yet affordable florals for our wedding and didn't know if it was possible. Donna worked with my budget suggesting flowers that wouldn't break the bank while achieving the look I was going for. She was so nice and great to communicate with that I almost didn't care how the flowers turned out, and they turned out so beautifully!!! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Colonial Florist 46
    Colonial Florist 47

Laurene,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy you were pleased! Wishing you both many years of happiness!

Clara · Married on 06/23/2018

Donna and the Colonial Florist team are absolutely wonderful! When I first spoke with Donna about my preferences (and my budget!) she was extremely kind, personable, and immediately said she would be able to create the bouquets I had in mind at the cost that I could afford. Donna quickly sent me information on the flowers she had in mind, and as we continued to be in contact I felt more and more assured that the bouquets would be gorgeous and delivered exactly where (and when) we needed them to be -- which all turned out to be true on the wedding day! I never had to worry about a thing, and the flowers were exactly what I had imagined. Thank you Donna, and to your team, for the hard work and beautiful florals you provided for our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Colonial Florist 48
    Colonial Florist 49
    Colonial Florist 50
    Colonial Florist 51
    Colonial Florist 52

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Clara! Wishing you many many years of happiness! Donna
  • F

Florence · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with Donna was a great experience! She brought my vision to life. All of the flowers at our wedding were beautiful; above and beyond my expectations. She was super responsive and easy to communicate with, and she stayed within our budget while including every detail we requested (succulents and greenery)! I would highly recommend Colonial Florist, and Donna, to every bride in VA!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Colonial Florist 53
    Colonial Florist 54
    Colonial Florist 55
    Colonial Florist 56
    Colonial Florist 57

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Florence! I am so happy you were pleased and it was a joy working with you! Wishing you both much happiness!

Emily · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so happy that we chose to go with Colonial Florist for our wedding. All of the arrangements absolutely exceeded my expectations. Donna intuitively knew what I was looking for based off of our meeting and a few inspiration photos, and I trusted her with any suggestions. She worked with our budget throughout the process and through many changes. Pricing is extremely fair and I believe more appropriate than some other inflated Charlottesville area florists. As a bonus, the flowers we took home from our reception were still beautiful when we came back from our honeymoon!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Colonial Florist 58
    Colonial Florist 59
    Colonial Florist 60

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you for that wonderful review Emily! It was a joy working with you and I am so glad you were pleased with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness. Donna

Amelia · Married on 04/06/2018

Donna was a joy to work with! She respected my budget and was a lovely person. She exceeded my expectations with the flowers, as they were simply beautiful. It’s amazing how she turned my ideas into a reality!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Kristen · Married on 09/30/2017

Donna was amazing to work with from our very first meeting up to our wedding day. I did not want flowers everywhere and I was interested in adding pieces of different textures and style in the ceremony as well as at our reception. Donna was so open to this idea and even met with me several times before the wedding so that we could toss around ideas back and forth. I decided I wanted an antique chandelier hanging from a tree our ceremony was going to be under. Once again, Donna was so open to this idea and even went on the hunt to find the perfect antique chandelier. She absolutely nailed it! It was the most beautiful antique chandelier and incorporated my style for our wedding. I also wanted antique candle sticks as a centerpiece on the tables at our reception. Just like the chandelier, Donna was essential in helping us find these as she also searched through antique stores to help us get the right number. Our bouquets and boutonnieres were incredible and she was so helpful in giving some different suggestions for textures and different flowers to incorporate in both. I cannot say enough about how helpful and completely in tune Donna was with our style for our wedding day. Everything was beautiful!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Colonial Florist 68
    Colonial Florist 69
    Colonial Florist 70

Kristen,
    Thank you so very much for this wonderful review. It was such a pleasure working with you in fulfilling your dream wedding. I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Donna, who was so kind, flexible, attentive, creative, and just all around fun to work with. Donna took the time to listen to our interests, color schemes, and other wedding plans to develop bouquets, boutonnieres and table arrangements that matched our style and our budget. We got so many compliments that day. I could not have been any happier with how beautiful the flowers turned out!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Katie, for that wonderful review. It was such a pleasure working with you! May you both have many years of happiness together!

Caleigh · Married on 08/13/2017

We could not have been happier with our wedding flowers! Donna was able to understand my vision, even though I know very little about flowers, and executed it beautifully. She even helped work with my budget by suggesting certain types of flowers that would have the aesthetic I was looking for but would not put me over budget. My mom and I loved meeting her, and she was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was very accessible and flexible as I made changes to my order. When I saw the flowers on my wedding day, I was absolutely blown away. They were more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Great value and great price!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Colonial Florist 71

Hi Caleigh,
    Thank you for that wonderful review! You all were such a joy to work with and I'm so happy you were pleased with the flowers! Wishing you both much happiness for future together!
    Best,

Samantha · Married on 08/05/2017

It was such a pleasure working with Donna at Colonial Florist. She is a consummate professional in her field and was a true joy to work with. She was always easy to get in touch with, always flexible and most importantly, her arrangements were breathtaking and affordable! Donna and her team's hard work and expert eye for detail will benefit any client. This level of service and attention is hard to come by.

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Colonial Florist 72
    Colonial Florist 73

Samantha,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was so good working with you! Wishing you both much happiness.

Kathryn · Married on 07/29/2017

Colonial Florist prepared the bridal bouquet, groomsmen boutonnieres and bridesmaids bouquets for my wedding in July. My husband and I live in England and so we planned our wedding overseas. Donna was super accommodating and arranged the flowers beautifully using a few photos I sent via email for reference. The bouquets and boutonnieres were ready for me the day before the wedding and the team kindly greeted me upon my arrival. Their positivity and top tips for keeping the flowers fresh made the hours leading up to the wedding stress-free. The bridal bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better florist for my big day. Thanks Colonial Florist!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Colonial Florist 74
    Colonial Florist 75
    Colonial Florist 76

Kait · Married on 06/24/2017

Our flowers were beautiful! They were so easy to work with, and were extremely helpful in providing us a vision. When we went to discuss ideas (not knowing what we wanted) they worked with us to show examples, explain the flowers being used, and made everything fun! I can't express how obsessed I was with my bouquet, and with the little touches that made our wedding. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/03/2017

I LOVED working with Donna at Colonial Florist. I was a fairly budget conscious bride and she was really amazing at taking my wedding inspiration photos and showing me where I might be able to save money by substituting other flowers. In the end everything came out absolutely perfectly and just as I had wanted it to. She was incredibly sweet and responsive and I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Colonial Florist 77
    Colonial Florist 78

Kristina · Married on 10/22/2016

As I was searching for a florist, Donna was the only one who was quick to respond to my emails with professionalism and kindness! She was so great to work with! I loved that Colonial Florist was right down the road from our home and wedding venue! Our flowers were gorgeous and exactly what I envisioned! Donna caught my vision quickly and made my dreams a reality!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Alisa · Married on 10/17/2015

Colonial Florist provided flowers for our wedding last weekend, and we couldn't be happier! The flowers were beautiful, and everything was perfect from the bouquets to the centerpieces! The color scheme and flowers were exactly what we asked for, and we received many compliments! Donna is very responsive, helpful, and flexible. We highly recommend her for your future wedding flowers!!

Sent on 10/26/2015