Colonial Florist Reviews

Colonial Florist 7
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Getting married on 05/16/2020

Beautiful Work, Just as I Envisioned

Donna designed my wedding bouquet and my maid of honor's bouquet for our small destination wedding this May (2019). I was so pleased with both! Since I could not meet with her in person before the wedding we communicated via email. She was responsive and very helpful. I shared pictures of a few ideas and shared color recommendations and loved what she came up with. Beautiful work! They looked like what I was envisioning. Especially loved my bouquet. Thank you Donna!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    Colonial Florist 8
    Colonial Florist 9
    Colonial Florist 10

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Chelsea!! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Elise · Married on 08/03/2019

This florist is nothing but the very BEST!

With planning a wedding, you work with many people. I can say with confidence that working with Donna by communicating over phone and email was by far the easiest, most pleasant and fantastic experience that I had. She not only worked with me on the pricing of everything, but I had many edits with the different flowers that I wanted and she worked with me on everything. She was on time for delivery and I was a bit nervous because I had not seen any of her flowers besides the pictures she has posted, BUT the flowers absolutely exceeded my expectations. I was beyond thrilled with how they turned out - they were everything I wanted and more. Donna and staff, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU!!!!!! Absolutely & positively FABULOUS!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Best Wishes, Donna

Charisse · Married on 07/20/2019

BEST florist in the area

We talked to a few florist in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area. Ultimately, we decided on Colonial Florist and we're 100% glad that we did. Donna was very polite, flexible, and prompt. She was very helpful from the beginning of the process to the end. Additionally, the flowers were beautiful and a lot of our guests raved about our arrangements! I can't think of anything negative to say about them, I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Charisse,
    Thank you for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you for such a memorable day! Wishing you both the best, Donna
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Customer Service

Donna has done a great job honing in my vision for our wedding flowers. She is always so receptive, and I can tell that she is invested in making my vision come to life. She has a vast knowledge of what flowers will complement each other, being honest about what blooms will working during our wedding time frame, and forthcoming with budget details. She has made the nervewracking task of choosing flowers such a breeze! I can’t wait to see the beautiful flowers on our big day!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Alissa,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!
    Best,
    Donna
  • Erin

Erin Monahan · Married on 06/29/2019

Exactly What We Wanted!

We heard about Colonial Florist at a Bridal Expo and were extremely impressed by the examples provided at the booth. We had talked about doing flowers on our own, but Donna was friendly and really took a huge weight off our minds. We wanted "wildflowers" and Colonial Florist not only had the perfect example to show experience in and understanding of exactly what we wanted, but they were able to work with our price range to ensure that we were getting beautiful arrangements at a price that would work for our budget. We had a HOT summer outdoor evening ceremony and the flowers held up all night and well into the next two weeks after the wedding. They dried really well too! So beautiful and just perfect for us, I didn't want to toss the bouquet!

Sent on 08/17/2019
    Colonial Florist 11
    Colonial Florist 12
    Colonial Florist 13

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Erin for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you for your special day. Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Maggie

Maggie Wilson · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect, couldn’t have been better

We couldn’t have been more pleased with donna’s work for our wedding. Everything we asked for, she immediately said “of course” and did a STUNNING job. Boutonnières, bouquets... perfect. When I asked her to make a small flower clip for my hair a week in advance, she did so without hesitation. She made a lovely flower crown for the flower girl and the arrangements we perfect. We were just so impressed. I had sent her a few pictures of our ideas/taste, and she was spot on with her creation. We couldn’t have been happier

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Colonial Florist 14

Colonial Florist's reply:

Maggie, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Donna

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Colonial Florist brought my vision to life!

Donna with Colonial Florists did an AMAZING job at my June 1 wedding at DelFosse Vineyards. I was and still am blown away by her work. All of the flowers were gorgeous and she truly brought my vision to life. It felt like I was in a fairy tale and I especially loved how she decorated the arbor! Donna was easy to get a hold of and was able to accommodate all of my requests. I would 1000% recommend Colonial Florist to every bride!

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Colonial Florist 15
    Colonial Florist 16
    Colonial Florist 17
    Colonial Florist 18
    Colonial Florist 19

Rachel,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I am so thrilled you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfect Wedding Flowers

Seeing my wedding flowers for the first time was easily one of the highlights of my wedding day. Donna and her team did an amazing job capturing exactly what I wanted based on just a few photos and my clumsy descriptions. Donna is not only a talented florist, but a considerate and thoughtful person. She thoughtfully listened to everything I wanted and made great suggestions. She was very reasonably priced and the end product was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Donna for everything!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Colonial Florist 20
    Colonial Florist 21
    Colonial Florist 22

Colonial Florist's reply:

Renuka, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a true pleasure to be a part of your special day and I am over the top happy you were pleased! I wish you both many years of happiness together!
  • Stacy

Stacy Counterman · Married on 05/05/2019

Wonderful Experience

Donna and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. During other phone conversations with florists, I honestly felt pressured and unimportant. Talking to Donna was the complete opposite. She has a wonderful personality, and in one short discussion over the phone she completely exceeded my expectations. Our bouquets were stunning, and the reception blew me away. Donna and her team have such a great vision, and my husband and I are so glad we chose Colonial Florist for our wedding day!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Stacy! It was a pleasure working with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna

Casey · Married on 05/04/2019

So grateful for Donna and her team!

I am so grateful I chose Donna for my wedding flowers! She listened to my vision on our first call and replicated it perfectly. Her arrangements were gorgeous and exactly what I had imagined - it blew my mind how she was able to pull everything together from a phone call and some pictures I sent her. Possibly even greater was her willingness to modify my contract about a million times as I tweaked things over the months leading up the big day. And not once did she sound even the slightest bit annoyed; instead she graciously accommodated each change reassuring me that she wanted it to be perfect for me. When choosing a wedding vendor, it was so important to us that not only did we love what they produced (cupcakes from our baker, images from our photographer, floral arrangements from our florist, etc.) but we loved them as people as well. Donna was so accommodating, so personable, and put me at such ease. I never worried once about my flowers the day of as I had the utmost in Donna. We would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Casey, It was a pleasure working with you!! I am overwhelmed by this wonderful review, thank you so much! Wishing you all the happiness in the world! Donna
  • Sally

Sally · Married on 05/04/2019

Gorgeous Flower Arrangements

Donna made my vision for our wedding a reality! She created gorgeous bouquets and centerpieces for our wedding. The flowers were fresh and just so beautiful. She is such a kind person, and was incredibly flexible in working within our day-of-schedule.

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Colonial Florist 23
    Colonial Florist 24
    Colonial Florist 25
    Colonial Florist 26

Sally,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was a true pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!
    Donna
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend Colonial Florist!

I highly recommend using Donna from Colonial Florist for your wedding! She was really easy to communicate with and understand my vision for my wedding from the beginning. I loved the bouquets and centerpieces we ended up with! I also thought she was really reasonably priced compared to other florists in Charlottesville.

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Colonial Florist 27
    Colonial Florist 28
    Colonial Florist 29
    Colonial Florist 30

Catherine,
    Thank you for this great review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Katy · Married on 04/26/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

Donna and the staff at Colonial Florist were amazing to work with. Donna was always very quick to respond to emails and flexible when my plans changed a time or two. She was willing to work within my budget and is very detail oriented. She really understood my vision for simple, yet beautiful bouquets, arrangements, and centerpieces. I highly recommend Colonial Florist!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Katy,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so pleased you liked everything! Wishing you many years of happiness! Donna
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful florals

Colonial Florist did the bouquets and boutonnières for our wedding and they couldn’t have come out better. We gave them very minimal parameters (colors) and let them pick the flowers, and the results were beautiful!

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Colonial Florist 31
    Colonial Florist 32

Marisa,
    Thank you so much for that wonderful review! I'm so glad you were happy with your flowers!
    Best to you! Donna
  • Chiara

Chiara · Married on 03/23/2019

Beautiful, fragrant flowers, and flexible on budget

Donna at Colonial Florist was amazing to work with! We only wanted fresh flowers for wedding party bouquets/boutonnieres, and Donna was the only florist in the Charlottesville area that would do that for us (all the other florists had outrageous minimum spending requirements for weddings). We really appreciated that Donna was willing to work with us, no matter how small our request. She also really listened to what we wanted and made it happen! She was very respectful of our budget concerns and made it work!

The flowers looked BEAUTIFUL and they were exactly what we wanted. They were also SO scented! I can't normally smell flowers but these were very fragrant! My bridesmaids and I kept sniffing our bouquets because they smelled so good.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend Colonial Florist!!!

Sent on 03/31/2019
    Colonial Florist 33
    Colonial Florist 34
    Colonial Florist 35

Chiara,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I'm so glad you were pleased with my services and flowers. I wish you both many years of happiness!

Kendall · Married on 03/23/2019

Great value and incredibly talented florist!

Donna was fabulous–a fantastic communicator and she took my vision and brought it to life. The bouquets in particular were exactly what I dreamed of and was so excited when we arrived in our bridal suite to see them. She also did a beautiful arbor of eucalyptus, the boutonnières and also greenery on the tables. Compared to other florists she was extremely affordable and I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Donna and Colonial Florists!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Colonial Florist 41
    Colonial Florist 42
    Colonial Florist 43

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kendall, Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm so happy you were pleased with everything! Wishing you all the best, Donna
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing humans

Wow, the staff is amazing. Donna called me and included me in every decision. The day for my wedding, I got a call from her asking me if I want a certain flower because they tried everything but they were not opening. I was a little heart broken but so happy she called me to include me. They have been amazing the moment I got a quote, they got me flowers I wanted and brought my vision to life on my wedding day. I couldn't be anymore happy. Now they will live on in my living room in my shadow box. Thank you again.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Colonial Florist 44
    Colonial Florist 45
    Colonial Florist 46
    Colonial Florist 47

Colonial Florist's reply:

Ashleigh, Thank you so much for that fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you! Sending you many blessings for a wonderful like together!
    Best to you both, Donna
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful Flowers with a Personal Touch

As a woman who knows nothing about flowers, picking a florist was a little stressful. When I talked to Donna at Colonial florist, she put me at ease. I described to her what I liked and the feeling I was trying to get to with the flowers and she pulled out some flower to give me some ideas. I felt like she really heard me and understood what I wanted. The day of the wedding, I was giddy when I saw how beautifully the tables came together.

Sent on 02/17/2019
    Colonial Florist 53
    Colonial Florist 54
    Colonial Florist 55

Colonial Florist's reply:

Shannon, Thank you so much for this fantastic review. It was such a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!

Chelsea · Married on 10/06/2018

Donna with Colonial Florist went above and beyond for my clients that got married last summer at James Monroe's Highland. Not only did she create beautiful designs for the personal wedding flowers, but she curated gorgeous, classic centerpieces that fit the style the clients wanted perfectly. She provided the rental decorations in addition to the blooms and greenery, and was so accommodating for retrieving the rentals after the event was over. Give Donna a call today to plan your wedding or event florals, you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Colonial Florist 56
    Colonial Florist 57
    Colonial Florist 58
    Colonial Florist 59

Chelsea,
    Thank you so much for the fantastic review! You were such a joy to work with! I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

Julie · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful!!! Absolutely Amazing Flowers and Service!!!!

Donna was absolutely amazing! She made the whole wedding flower process so easy. She stayed within our low budget, but still produced beautiful flowers and arrangements for our wedding. She met with us before the wedding at our venue so we could go over the day. She even let me borrow an easel for our welcome sign. I would recommend Colonial Florist over and over again. We were also an out of town wedding so we had to worry enough about other things, but this was never one of them.

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Colonial Florist 60

Julie,
    Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was great working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!!

Allison · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly Recommend!

We loved our flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was so wonderful and made the planning process so easy. I gave her a general idea of what I wanted and she was able to create the most beautiful designs. She was extremely helpful and easy to communicate with, and was willing to help with several last minute requests from my family members who were doing the centerpieces. We were so happy with our florals from Colonial Florist and would definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 03/01/2019
    Colonial Florist 61
    Colonial Florist 62
    Colonial Florist 63
    Colonial Florist 64

Allison,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you have many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Laurene

Laurene · Married on 07/28/2018

I'm so glad I found Donna at Colonial Florist! I wanted beautiful yet affordable florals for our wedding and didn't know if it was possible. Donna worked with my budget suggesting flowers that wouldn't break the bank while achieving the look I was going for. She was so nice and great to communicate with that I almost didn't care how the flowers turned out, and they turned out so beautifully!!! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Colonial Florist 65
    Colonial Florist 66

Laurene,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so happy you were pleased! Wishing you both many years of happiness!

Clara · Married on 06/23/2018

Donna and the Colonial Florist team are absolutely wonderful! When I first spoke with Donna about my preferences (and my budget!) she was extremely kind, personable, and immediately said she would be able to create the bouquets I had in mind at the cost that I could afford. Donna quickly sent me information on the flowers she had in mind, and as we continued to be in contact I felt more and more assured that the bouquets would be gorgeous and delivered exactly where (and when) we needed them to be -- which all turned out to be true on the wedding day! I never had to worry about a thing, and the flowers were exactly what I had imagined. Thank you Donna, and to your team, for the hard work and beautiful florals you provided for our wedding!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Colonial Florist 67
    Colonial Florist 68
    Colonial Florist 69
    Colonial Florist 70
    Colonial Florist 71

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Clara! Wishing you many many years of happiness! Donna
  • F

Florence · Married on 06/09/2018

Working with Donna was a great experience! She brought my vision to life. All of the flowers at our wedding were beautiful; above and beyond my expectations. She was super responsive and easy to communicate with, and she stayed within our budget while including every detail we requested (succulents and greenery)! I would highly recommend Colonial Florist, and Donna, to every bride in VA!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Colonial Florist 72
    Colonial Florist 73
    Colonial Florist 74
    Colonial Florist 75
    Colonial Florist 76

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Florence! I am so happy you were pleased and it was a joy working with you! Wishing you both much happiness!