Colonial Florist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Mariah P. Married on 05/21/2022

Wonderful and easy

Donna was so amazing to work with. Our flowers turned out absolutely beautiful and lasted very long considering it was a 96 degree day!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Mariah, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I am delighted you were happy!!!
    Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Donna
    Mary-Kate H. Married on 03/06/2022

Amazing florist

Professional beautiful and cared a lot about my day! Wonderful experience!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Mary-Kate! It was great working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!
    Emily Married on 11/20/2021

Fabulous Florals!

Donna with Colonial Florist is so talented! She was very accommodating and worked with us to put together our vision for our wedding day. Bouquets, boutonnières, corsages, arbor, table decor and so much more turned out incredible! If you’re looking for a florist for your wedding, look no further! Colonial Florist is the absolute best

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much! I am over the top pleased you were happy with your flowers! Wishing you all a happy and healthy life together!
  • Irene
    Irene K. Married on 10/24/2021

Beautifully captured our vision

Donna was so easy to work with and made me feel at ease that she understood the look I was going for, even if I couldn't quite articulate it myself! I asked for an unstructured fall look, and she absolutely delivered. Everything blew me away, from my bouquet to the arbor to the greenery draping the tables and decor. I didn't know I could feel so strongly about a bouquet, but turns out I had a dream bouquet, and she made it for me, which I will forever treasure.

Irene,
    Thank you so much for this fabulous review!! I am thrilled you were happy with your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!!
  • Lexi
    Alexis B. Married on 10/02/2021

Beautiful Florist

We absolutely loved working with Donna for our wedding. She did an incredible job, and we were so excited to work with her that we even hired her for some arrangements at my bridal shower. She did an incredible job and put together beautiful arrangements and bouquets.

Colonial Florist's reply:

Lexi, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!!
    Sarah W. Married on 09/18/2021

Donna is wonderful!

Thank you, Donna for being so wonderful to work with! She was so sweet and patient and made sure that all floral details were taken care of day of. Thank you for being so reliable and thorough! The flowers were gorgeous!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Sarah, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I am delighted you were pleased with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Rechelle
    Rechelle R. Married on 09/10/2021

10/10 Wedding Experience

We cannot recommend Colonial Florist enough! My husband and I originally had a June 2020 date, but because of COVID, we postponed not just once, but twice. Donna was professional and understanding throughout the process, and never made us feel guilty about our decision to postpone. Since we initially planned for a June wedding, I had more pink and fluffy tones, but because we pushed it to September I wanted to incorporate more neutral tones and pampas grass, and Donna did a beautiful job with all the florals! I kept changing my mind a lot (sorry Donna!) and she was accommodating with every request. For example, I initially was going to do an arch full of flowers, and then as it got closer to the wedding, I decided I want pedestals and floor arrangements, and Donna brought my vision to life! Donna also did our rehearsal dinner florals and we could not have been happier. Thank you Donna and team for making our day extra beautiful and special!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Oh Rechelle, What a joy it was to work with you!! Thank you so much for this fantastic review, I am over the top pleased you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Donna
  • Virginia
    Virginia H. Married on 09/04/2021

Gives you exactly what you want

I loved working with Colonial florist. I didn't want a lot of flowers, mostly greenery and Donna was the only florist I spoke to that wasn't trying to move me away from my vision or add a lot more flowers to my budget.

Her team was so wonderful the day of and added some personal touches to my bouquet like wrapping it in one of my Dad's ties and including a locket with a few photos.

Colonial Florist's reply:

Virginia, thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy with your flowers!! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
    Kristen W. Married on 08/27/2021

Beautiful Arrangements

I am so happy I booked with Donna! She was so easy to work with, professional and prompt in communication. She did a wonderful job on all of the arrangements and bouquets. She executed exactly what I had envisioned and beyond. We were very happy with how everything turned out. I highly recommend working with her!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kristen, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
    Chelsea B. Married on 08/14/2021

Gorgeous flowers and Donna is the best!

Donna is amazing! I had many changes and requests over a long engagement made longer because of COVID and Donna was so sweet, supportive and responsive throughout the entire process. She is so incredibly talented and her work turned out even more beautiful than I'd imagined. She is one of the easiest vendors to work with, you will not regret hiring her! You'll be in awe of her work.

Colonial Florist's reply:

Chelsea, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm so pleased you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Sara
    Sara W. Married on 06/19/2021

Stunningly beautiful flowers!

Colonial Florist provided us with stunning bridal bouquets, as well as floral decorations for a wedding arch, wine barrels, a sweetheart table, fireplace mantle, wedding cake, and baby’s breath for table centerpieces. Donna had me send her few inspiration photos and colors of what I was thinking of, and her final flower arrangements exceeded every expectation I could possibly have. She perfectly brought my dusty blue romantic vision to life! Throughout the planning process, Donna was extremely helpful and flexible, especially after we decided to postpone our big event from 2020 to 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We cannot recommend working with Colonial Florist enough!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Sara, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you to accomplish your dream and I wish you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Olivia
    Olivia J. Married on 06/12/2021

Beautiful wedding flowers!!!

Yes, yes, yes! Donna nailed it! She was such a pleasure to work with and our wedding flowers turned out AMAZING!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Olivia, you were a pleasure to work with also! I am delighted you were happy!! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Katie
    Katie R. Married on 06/05/2021

Beautiful flowers!

Donna was great to work with! Our flowers were stunning and exactly what we wanted. Everything was delivered and set up on time, and the flowers were very fresh. I definitely recommend Colonial Florist.
    Pictures are from Happy Finch Photography

Katie,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review, I'm so happy you were pleased!! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
    Jessica D. Married on 05/15/2021

Donna is an absolute dream to work with!

My wedding flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous! I don't know much about flowers but I told Donna my color scheme, theme and sent her photos of different floral arrangements that I liked and she made my vision come to life. Everything from the centerpieces to the bridal bouquet to the ceremony decor was exactly what I wanted. The floral decorations for the arch at my ceremony absolutely blew me away when I saw it for the first time, it was a dream come true. I was so in love with my bouquet that I mailed it off to be preserved and pressed into a portrait to have forever. Donna is so talented, you will not regret hiring her as your wedding florist!

Jessica,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! I really enjoyed working with you and I am over the top delighted you were happy with all your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Diana
    Diana L. Married on 03/27/2021

Highly recommended!

Donna with Colonial Florists was a fantastic vendor to work with during our wedding planning process. She is responsive, patient and really listens to what you are looking for. I don't know very much about flowers but I did know the type of theme that I was looking for. Donna listened and definitely delivered! I made multiple changes throughout the wedding planning process and she made adjustments along the way as requested. She is organized and her experience in the business truly shines through in her work and how she handles the constant changes that can occur with planning a wedding during a pandemic. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding flowers and I would highly recommend you book her for your wedding as well!

Diana,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm delighted you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 10/24/2020

Bringing your floral vision to life

We were very impressed with the florals for our wedding. I had a specific vision for my wedding and Donna listened and looked at my photos and helped create that vision. She was very helpful and responsive throughout the whole wedding planning process. Colonial Florist set up all the florals the day of my wedding perfectly and everything was so beautiful!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you and Tyler have many happy years together!! Best, Donna
  • Miranda
    Miranda S. Married on 09/20/2020

Beautiful flowers, helpful and friendly!

Early on in our planning, we had considered doing our flowers ourselves. How hard can making a bouquet or vase arrangement be, right? But then the bride decided she wanted a cascading bouquet and we decided we wanted flowers on the arch at our ceremony site, neither of which we felt comfortable handling ourselves. We chatted with a bunch of florists in the area, getting quotes for just those items and for everything. One of the major reasons we ended up deciding on Colonial Florist was actually Donna’s attitude—she was willing to work with us to make our plans a success, even as we were still entertaining options like doing the setup ourselves to try to cut costs, while some other florists were dismissive or unwilling to even consider such options. Ironically, ultimately, the costs at Colonial Florist were reasonable enough that we ended up just having them do everything anyway!

Working with Donna was easy. She proposed a variety of flowers that she thought would fit with our general desires, so we could look them up and make sure they matched our vision. We also went into the store once and discussed everything, and we flipped through some catalogs to look at pictures and see if there were any additional flower types we might want. After that, it was hands off (other than confirming numbers) until the week before, when we delivered the wine bottles we planned to use as centerpiece vases.

The flowers turned out stunning, and the bride’s bouquet and the arch florals were perfect. Donna delivered everything early enough that we didn’t have to stress and could use the bouquets for first look and early bridal party photos. She even left a few complimentary extras for our baker to use on the cake. A lot of our flowers were brought home by guests and lasted for weeks! Definitely a pleasant experience.

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! I'm so happy I was able to make the process easy for you and provide you with what you were envisioning! Wishing you both many years of happiness!
  • Erin
    Erin S. Married on 09/19/2020

Choose Colonial!!!

Working with Donna was an absolute pleasure. I am one of the most indecisive people I know, and I changed my mind a lot throughout our wedding planning process. Donna was so patient and receptive with every change, and I truly felt that she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. For me, envisioning what my bridal bouquets and floral arrangements would look like on my wedding day was challenging, as I don't know much about flowers and there's not really a trial run you can do like you can with dress fittings, hair and make up and even rentals. I knew I just had to trust Donna to bring my vision to life, simply by just giving her the colors I wanted, and she definitely did not disappoint. Our guests were raving about the floral arrangements days after our wedding was over. We were surprised our flowers lasted over two weeks! We look forward to working with Donna & Colonial Florist in the future and will undoubtedly refer all of our friends and family to her!

Erin,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and I am so pleased you were happy!! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Donna
  • Annie
    Annie G. Married on 09/05/2020

Breathtaking!

After some unforeseen re-planning due to COVID, we reached out to Donna at Colonial Florist & Antiques on short notice and could not be more pleased with her work! After sending a brief inspiration board, she was able to bring my vision to life. My bouquet was even more beautiful than I could have imagined and I still receive compliments on all of our floral arrangements to this day. She has a keen eye for detail and made sure that everything was set-up exactly as we intended. We would highly recommend her services!

Hi Annie,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you to achieve your vision! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 08/29/2020

All I Can Say is WOW!!!

Donna - you are AMAZING!! I know nothing about flowers, and honestly considered not doing flowers because I wasn't sure I wanted to budget for them nor did I think anyone would notice. I chatted with Donna thinking "I'll just have a conversation with her and confirm I don't want flowers"... just wow. I told Donna my budget and shared some of my vision and her response was "of course we can do that!" Donna checked in over the months of planning to confirm my vision, looked at my pinterest boards and honestly when it was all set up I was speechless. Her flowers and greenery brought my vision to life. She set up everything, gave my photographer flowers and greenery for stylized detail shoots, and created the space of my dreams. Choose colonial florists if you want a personalized, beautiful, and stress-free floral experience. I loved Colonial Florist so much!!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Amanda, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was such a pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Morgan
    Morgan H. Married on 08/28/2020

Highly recommend!!

Colonial Flowers truly brought our wedding flower vision to life! The most beautiful flowers. Colonial Florist did an amazing job of understanding what what were envisioning, and making that happen. They couldn't have been more tasteful, or more beautiful.

All our guest were raving about how beautiful the flowers were and how well they went so perfectly with the vineyard!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I'm thrilled you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
    Stephanie L. Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful Service and Beautiful Flowers

Donna and her crew are nothing short of spectacular! From the first phone call contact I knew I would use Colonial Florist for my wedding. Donna worked within our budget, and used the inspiration photos I sent her to provide exactly what I had hoped for. We had several last mi Ute changes due to last mi Ute guest additions and subtractions due to Covid, and Donna took everything in stride and calmed my nerves. I do not hesitate to recommend her!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Stephanie, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Melissa
    Melissa M. Married on 07/11/2020

Beautiful Flowers

We loved the flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was amazing to work with and very accommodating when we had to change plans due to COVID.

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Melissa! It was a joy to work with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Emily
    Emily C. Married on 06/27/2020

Simply gorgeous!

Donna was seriously amazing to work with. It was evident from our first meeting that she knows flowers! Donna was flexible not only when I had new ideas of how to incorporate florals but also when we had to downsize our wedding. On the day of our wedding, I was blown away by what she and her team had put together! She truly brought our vision to life...but made it even better than my Pinterest board!

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so glad you were happy with your flowers! Wishing you many years of happiness together!!! Best, Donna