Colonial Florist Reviews

63 Reviews for Colonial Florist

• Melissa

Melissa Moore · Married on 07/11/2020

Beautiful Flowers

We loved the flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was amazing to work with and very accommodating when we had to change plans due to COVID.

Sent on 08/06/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Melissa! It was a joy to work with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Emily

Emily Cuthbert · Married on 06/27/2020

Simply gorgeous!

Donna was seriously amazing to work with. It was evident from our first meeting that she knows flowers! Donna was flexible not only when I had new ideas of how to incorporate florals but also when we had to downsize our wedding. On the day of our wedding, I was blown away by what she and her team had put together! She truly brought our vision to life...but made it even better than my Pinterest board!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so glad you were happy with your flowers! Wishing you many years of happiness together!!! Best, Donna
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/16/2020

Beautiful Work, Just as I Envisioned

Donna designed my wedding bouquet and my maid of honor's bouquet for our small destination wedding this May (2019). I was so pleased with both! Since I could not meet with her in person before the wedding we communicated via email. She was responsive and very helpful. I shared pictures of a few ideas and shared color recommendations and loved what she came up with. Beautiful work! They looked like what I was envisioning. Especially loved my bouquet. Thank you Donna!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Chelsea!! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Daminski · Married on 02/22/2020

Florals fit for a fairytale!

After a brief phone conversation, it was clear to me that Donna was the woman for the job. She was nothing but professional and so flexible with any changes or ideas that I brought up throughout the process. As a bride, you always fear that your “vision” will be misinterpreted. In this case, it turned out to be more than I could’ve ever imagined!! From my stunning bouquet to a heart-stopping mantle (truly!), I will be reliving the images of her hard work for years to come.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so happy to be able to give you a fairytale memory! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Courtney

Courtney Fredrickson · Married on 11/16/2019

Everything was So Beautiful!

I reached out to Donna after discovering that all of the "preferred" vendors on the list our venue gave us required high minimums that were beyond what we needed. Donna was very responsive and easy to work with - I explained my vision to her in one phone call and she quickly drafted a proposal which was very reasonable. She was also very amenable to last minute changes - I think I was adding on things after the deadline but she was able to accommodate everything I asked!

All of her arrangements were SO beautiful. We received so many compliments on how everything looked. I had a fairly specific vision for the tables and it came out EXACTLY as I had envisioned in my head. We decided to add a sweetheart table fairly last minute and I emailed Donna with no specific instructions, only to make it look like it fit with everything else. The sweetheart table arrangement was GORGEOUS - I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Thank you so much Donna!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I am so happy you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure to work with you in creating your vision! I wish you both many happy years together!
  • Mallory

Mallory Williams · Married on 10/27/2019

Colonial Florist is the BEST

Donna made my wedding vision a reality! My flowers and greenery were a dream brought to life. She was a pleasure working with and was so responsive. If you're in the Charlottesville area our surrounding counties, DEFINITELY GIVE HER A CALL!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Mallory, It was such a pleasure working with you and I'm extremely happy you loved your flowers! Thank you for this wonderful review!
    Wishing you all the best, Donna
  • Emily

Emily Vincent · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful Flowers & So Nice to Work With!

I highly recommend Colonial Florist! Donna was so sweet to work with and transformed my loose inspiration into the most beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! She had great suggestions of flowers I had never even heard of that went great with our overall vision. My now husband and I love craft beer and Donna made boutonnieres out of hops for our groomsmen which was such a fun personal touch! She was super responsive and met with me and my parents in person a few times throughout the planning process. We couldn't have been happier with how all the flowers turned out!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a joy working with you and I just loved the hops idea! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna

Courtney O'Dell · Married on 10/20/2019

Phenomenonal Wedding Flowers!

Donna exceeded our wedding day flowers in every way! From our overflowing wedding bouquets to the simple boutineers to the lavish candle display on each table, we were overwhelmed by the beauty of our day. Donna was so responsive and kind to work with. She knew what we wanted almost before we did. We will always remember her attention to every beautiful detail!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Courtney,
    Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was a real joy to work with you and I'm so happy you loved your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2019

Made beautiful flower arrangements with minimal input

I don't know a lot about flower arrangements and only gave Donna a vague description of what I was looking for. She was able to put together beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and table centerpieces that were exactly what I was picturing. She was flexible with any changes requested and responded quickly.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to work with you and I wish you many blessings for a wonderful life together!! Best, Donna
  • Barbara

Barbara Napper · Married on 10/12/2019

Astounding!

I had no idea how amazing our flowers would be, from only an hour conversation, but they were beyond what I wanted. Absolutely gorgeous! And kept well within our budget! 10/10

Sent on 10/28/2019

Barbara,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so happy you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure working with you for such a special occasion! Wishing you all the best, Donna

Megan · Married on 10/08/2019

Excellent, personable, affordable florist, highly recomend!

Colonial florist was a great vendor to work with for our wedding. Donna responded quickly to our inquiry, met with us in person promptly, helped us work within out budget, and went above and beyond on wedding day to make sure it was everything we hoped for. Plus the florals were GORGEOUS and all my friends said they were jealous how gorgeous they were! I highly recommend working with colonial florists for your wedding needs.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Megan,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was such a joy working with you and I'm so pleased you were happy with my services and flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!!
    Donna
  • Christine

Christine Aker · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely stunning!

I was so happy with my wedding flowers! From the start, Donna was so easy to work with. We only spoke on the phone since I live out of town, but I immediately felt at ease as if I was talking to an old friend. Throughout the whole process, she was flexible, responsive and helpful to the point where I emailed her just a week out from our wedding and asked if she could make a separate stop in dropping off my bouquet on the way to the venue and she agreed. She didn't even charge an extra fee, which I would have happily paid. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous, romantic, fresh and smelled like a dream. I spent the day after my wedding just gazing at the arrangements my mother had brought home. Don't think twice, just hire Colonial! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Christine, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was and is always my goal to provide the very best for my brides and I am so happy I could come through for you! I wish you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Jodie

Jodie Benjamin · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolutely beautiful flowers!

WOW! Absolutely stunning flowers. She gave us flowers that looked exactly like the pictures we showed her. They were so beautiful and SO fresh! Better than I could have imagined. Our boutonnières went missing at some point during the delivery and went unnoticed. Even though it was unclear whose mistake it was, they refunded us the money for the boutonnières and were very apologetic. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Jodie,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you for your big day and I wish you both many happy years together! Best, Donna
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 09/14/2019

Stunning Flowers!

Donna and her team did an amazing job with the floral arrangements for our wedding! She met every expectation I had and she met every request I made! I have to say the flowers even lasted over a week after the wedding! I love that I could enjoy my bouquet on my honeymoon!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Kellie,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was great working with you and I'm so happy you were pleased with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Elise · Married on 08/03/2019

This florist is nothing but the very BEST!

With planning a wedding, you work with many people. I can say with confidence that working with Donna by communicating over phone and email was by far the easiest, most pleasant and fantastic experience that I had. She not only worked with me on the pricing of everything, but I had many edits with the different flowers that I wanted and she worked with me on everything. She was on time for delivery and I was a bit nervous because I had not seen any of her flowers besides the pictures she has posted, BUT the flowers absolutely exceeded my expectations. I was beyond thrilled with how they turned out - they were everything I wanted and more. Donna and staff, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU!!!!!! Absolutely & positively FABULOUS!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Best Wishes, Donna

Charisse · Married on 07/20/2019

BEST florist in the area

We talked to a few florist in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area. Ultimately, we decided on Colonial Florist and we're 100% glad that we did. Donna was very polite, flexible, and prompt. She was very helpful from the beginning of the process to the end. Additionally, the flowers were beautiful and a lot of our guests raved about our arrangements! I can't think of anything negative to say about them, I highly recommend!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Charisse,
    Thank you for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you for such a memorable day! Wishing you both the best, Donna
  • Alissa

Alissa · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Customer Service

Donna has done a great job honing in my vision for our wedding flowers. She is always so receptive, and I can tell that she is invested in making my vision come to life. She has a vast knowledge of what flowers will complement each other, being honest about what blooms will working during our wedding time frame, and forthcoming with budget details. She has made the nervewracking task of choosing flowers such a breeze! I can’t wait to see the beautiful flowers on our big day!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Alissa,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness!
    Best,
    Donna

Ashley · Married on 07/06/2019

Breathtaking and Budget Friendly

Colonial Florist is THE florist to choose! A few key reasons:
    First - Donna is amazingly intuitive at understanding what you want. I gave her a brief description and some Pinterest pictures and she knew exactly what I wanted without any further detailed direction/requests. This saves a lot of time and headache for the bride!
    Second - Donna is incredibly organized. She’ll be there right when she says and have everything exactly as she said. This makes it great for planners and bride, etc!
    Third - She is very responsive and responds to emails very quickly and answers any and all questions. Super helpful!
    Fourth - Donna is budget friendly, while still making everything absolutely stunning! You’re not trading in any quality whatsoever but still getting a great price.

Overall Donna’s flowers have that perfect balance between natural and floral/breathtaking. Her personality is kind, organized, and flexible. I’d recommend Colonial Florist to ALL brides!!!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Ashley! It was a joy working with you for your big day and I am so pleased you were happy with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Donna
  • Erin

Erin Monahan · Married on 06/29/2019

Exactly What We Wanted!

We heard about Colonial Florist at a Bridal Expo and were extremely impressed by the examples provided at the booth. We had talked about doing flowers on our own, but Donna was friendly and really took a huge weight off our minds. We wanted "wildflowers" and Colonial Florist not only had the perfect example to show experience in and understanding of exactly what we wanted, but they were able to work with our price range to ensure that we were getting beautiful arrangements at a price that would work for our budget. We had a HOT summer outdoor evening ceremony and the flowers held up all night and well into the next two weeks after the wedding. They dried really well too! So beautiful and just perfect for us, I didn't want to toss the bouquet!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Erin for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you for your special day. Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/22/2019

Great experience!

Donna was easy to talk to and did a fantastic job at bringing my vision to life for the wedding!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you, Christina, for this wonderful review!! It was a real joy to work with you and I'm so happy you loved your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Maggie

Maggie Wilson · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect, couldn’t have been better

We couldn’t have been more pleased with donna’s work for our wedding. Everything we asked for, she immediately said “of course” and did a STUNNING job. Boutonnières, bouquets... perfect. When I asked her to make a small flower clip for my hair a week in advance, she did so without hesitation. She made a lovely flower crown for the flower girl and the arrangements we perfect. We were just so impressed. I had sent her a few pictures of our ideas/taste, and she was spot on with her creation. We couldn’t have been happier

Sent on 08/09/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Maggie, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Donna

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Colonial Florist brought my vision to life!

Donna with Colonial Florists did an AMAZING job at my June 1 wedding at DelFosse Vineyards. I was and still am blown away by her work. All of the flowers were gorgeous and she truly brought my vision to life. It felt like I was in a fairy tale and I especially loved how she decorated the arbor! Donna was easy to get a hold of and was able to accommodate all of my requests. I would 1000% recommend Colonial Florist to every bride!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Rachel,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I am so thrilled you were happy! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!

Renuka · Married on 05/31/2019

Perfect Wedding Flowers

Seeing my wedding flowers for the first time was easily one of the highlights of my wedding day. Donna and her team did an amazing job capturing exactly what I wanted based on just a few photos and my clumsy descriptions. Donna is not only a talented florist, but a considerate and thoughtful person. She thoughtfully listened to everything I wanted and made great suggestions. She was very reasonably priced and the end product was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you Donna for everything!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Renuka, Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a true pleasure to be a part of your special day and I am over the top happy you were pleased! I wish you both many years of happiness together!
  • Stacy

Stacy Counterman · Married on 05/05/2019

Wonderful Experience

Donna and her team were absolutely wonderful to work with. During other phone conversations with florists, I honestly felt pressured and unimportant. Talking to Donna was the complete opposite. She has a wonderful personality, and in one short discussion over the phone she completely exceeded my expectations. Our bouquets were stunning, and the reception blew me away. Donna and her team have such a great vision, and my husband and I are so glad we chose Colonial Florist for our wedding day!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Stacy! It was a pleasure working with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna