Colonial Florist Reviews

72 | Gordonsville, VA

72 Reviews for Colonial Florist

Mary-Kate H. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Amazing florist

Professional beautiful and cared a lot about my day! Wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/18/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Mary-Kate! It was great working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!
  • Lauren

Lauren S. · Married on 10/24/2020

Bringing your floral vision to life

We were very impressed with the florals for our wedding. I had a specific vision for my wedding and Donna listened and looked at my photos and helped create that vision. She was very helpful and responsive throughout the whole wedding planning process. Colonial Florist set up all the florals the day of my wedding perfectly and everything was so beautiful!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I hope you and Tyler have many happy years together!! Best, Donna
  • Miranda

Miranda S. · Married on 09/20/2020

Beautiful flowers, helpful and friendly!

Early on in our planning, we had considered doing our flowers ourselves. How hard can making a bouquet or vase arrangement be, right? But then the bride decided she wanted a cascading bouquet and we decided we wanted flowers on the arch at our ceremony site, neither of which we felt comfortable handling ourselves. We chatted with a bunch of florists in the area, getting quotes for just those items and for everything. One of the major reasons we ended up deciding on Colonial Florist was actually Donna’s attitude—she was willing to work with us to make our plans a success, even as we were still entertaining options like doing the setup ourselves to try to cut costs, while some other florists were dismissive or unwilling to even consider such options. Ironically, ultimately, the costs at Colonial Florist were reasonable enough that we ended up just having them do everything anyway!

Working with Donna was easy. She proposed a variety of flowers that she thought would fit with our general desires, so we could look them up and make sure they matched our vision. We also went into the store once and discussed everything, and we flipped through some catalogs to look at pictures and see if there were any additional flower types we might want. After that, it was hands off (other than confirming numbers) until the week before, when we delivered the wine bottles we planned to use as centerpiece vases.

The flowers turned out stunning, and the bride’s bouquet and the arch florals were perfect. Donna delivered everything early enough that we didn’t have to stress and could use the bouquets for first look and early bridal party photos. She even left a few complimentary extras for our baker to use on the cake. A lot of our flowers were brought home by guests and lasted for weeks! Definitely a pleasant experience.

Sent on 11/08/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! I'm so happy I was able to make the process easy for you and provide you with what you were envisioning! Wishing you both many years of happiness!
  • Annie

Annie G. · Married on 09/05/2020

Breathtaking!

After some unforeseen re-planning due to COVID, we reached out to Donna at Colonial Florist & Antiques on short notice and could not be more pleased with her work! After sending a brief inspiration board, she was able to bring my vision to life. My bouquet was even more beautiful than I could have imagined and I still receive compliments on all of our floral arrangements to this day. She has a keen eye for detail and made sure that everything was set-up exactly as we intended. We would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 11/15/2020

Hi Annie,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you to achieve your vision! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2020

All I Can Say is WOW!!!

Donna - you are AMAZING!! I know nothing about flowers, and honestly considered not doing flowers because I wasn't sure I wanted to budget for them nor did I think anyone would notice. I chatted with Donna thinking "I'll just have a conversation with her and confirm I don't want flowers"... just wow. I told Donna my budget and shared some of my vision and her response was "of course we can do that!" Donna checked in over the months of planning to confirm my vision, looked at my pinterest boards and honestly when it was all set up I was speechless. Her flowers and greenery brought my vision to life. She set up everything, gave my photographer flowers and greenery for stylized detail shoots, and created the space of my dreams. Choose colonial florists if you want a personalized, beautiful, and stress-free floral experience. I loved Colonial Florist so much!!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Amanda, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was such a pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna

Stephanie L. · Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful Service and Beautiful Flowers

Donna and her crew are nothing short of spectacular! From the first phone call contact I knew I would use Colonial Florist for my wedding. Donna worked within our budget, and used the inspiration photos I sent her to provide exactly what I had hoped for. We had several last mi Ute changes due to last mi Ute guest additions and subtractions due to Covid, and Donna took everything in stride and calmed my nerves. I do not hesitate to recommend her!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Stephanie, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Melissa

Melissa M. · Married on 07/11/2020

Beautiful Flowers

We loved the flowers from Colonial Florist! Donna was amazing to work with and very accommodating when we had to change plans due to COVID.

Sent on 08/06/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Melissa! It was a joy to work with you! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Emily

Emily C. · Married on 06/27/2020

Simply gorgeous!

Donna was seriously amazing to work with. It was evident from our first meeting that she knows flowers! Donna was flexible not only when I had new ideas of how to incorporate florals but also when we had to downsize our wedding. On the day of our wedding, I was blown away by what she and her team had put together! She truly brought our vision to life...but made it even better than my Pinterest board!

Sent on 08/08/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so glad you were happy with your flowers! Wishing you many years of happiness together!!! Best, Donna
  • Jill

Jill W. · Married on 06/06/2020

A fairy godmother florist!

OMG Donna is magic!! You can just show her a picture from Pinterest that is remotely similar to what you want and she can make it come to life! Her work on our wedding was absolutely breath-taking. I went in with a crazy idea to drape the ceremony tree with a sash of flowers and she brought it into reality. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 07/06/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Jill, thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you all!! Sending warm wishes for a wonderful life together!!!! Best, Donna
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/16/2020

Beautiful Work, Just as I Envisioned

Donna designed my wedding bouquet and my maid of honor's bouquet for our small destination wedding this May (2019). I was so pleased with both! Since I could not meet with her in person before the wedding we communicated via email. She was responsive and very helpful. I shared pictures of a few ideas and shared color recommendations and loved what she came up with. Beautiful work! They looked like what I was envisioning. Especially loved my bouquet. Thank you Donna!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Chelsea!! It was a pleasure working with you and I wish you many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 04/11/2020

Beautiful Flowers and Decor for 8/22 Wedding

Donna did a great job with my August 22nd wedding and allowed me to switch to a new date without hesitation when my wedding was postponed due to covid restrictions. I didn't give her a ton of guidance and she did a great job bringing my vision to life. I got compliments all night on the bouquets and other decor. We also rented our centerpieces from her and they were beautiful.

Sent on 08/25/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much Carrie!! It was a pleasure working with you! Wishing you and John all the best!!
    Donna
  • Lindsay

Lindsay D. · Married on 02/22/2020

Florals fit for a fairytale!

After a brief phone conversation, it was clear to me that Donna was the woman for the job. She was nothing but professional and so flexible with any changes or ideas that I brought up throughout the process. As a bride, you always fear that your “vision” will be misinterpreted. In this case, it turned out to be more than I could’ve ever imagined!! From my stunning bouquet to a heart-stopping mantle (truly!), I will be reliving the images of her hard work for years to come.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so happy to be able to give you a fairytale memory! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna
  • Courtney

Courtney F. · Married on 11/16/2019

Everything was So Beautiful!

I reached out to Donna after discovering that all of the "preferred" vendors on the list our venue gave us required high minimums that were beyond what we needed. Donna was very responsive and easy to work with - I explained my vision to her in one phone call and she quickly drafted a proposal which was very reasonable. She was also very amenable to last minute changes - I think I was adding on things after the deadline but she was able to accommodate everything I asked!

All of her arrangements were SO beautiful. We received so many compliments on how everything looked. I had a fairly specific vision for the tables and it came out EXACTLY as I had envisioned in my head. We decided to add a sweetheart table fairly last minute and I emailed Donna with no specific instructions, only to make it look like it fit with everything else. The sweetheart table arrangement was GORGEOUS - I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Thank you so much Donna!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I am so happy you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure to work with you in creating your vision! I wish you both many happy years together!
  • Mallory

Mallory W. · Married on 10/27/2019

Colonial Florist is the BEST

Donna made my wedding vision a reality! My flowers and greenery were a dream brought to life. She was a pleasure working with and was so responsive. If you're in the Charlottesville area our surrounding counties, DEFINITELY GIVE HER A CALL!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Mallory, It was such a pleasure working with you and I'm extremely happy you loved your flowers! Thank you for this wonderful review!
    Wishing you all the best, Donna
  • Emily

Emily V. · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful Flowers & So Nice to Work With!

I highly recommend Colonial Florist! Donna was so sweet to work with and transformed my loose inspiration into the most beautiful bouquets and centerpieces! She had great suggestions of flowers I had never even heard of that went great with our overall vision. My now husband and I love craft beer and Donna made boutonnieres out of hops for our groomsmen which was such a fun personal touch! She was super responsive and met with me and my parents in person a few times throughout the planning process. We couldn't have been happier with how all the flowers turned out!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Emily, Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a joy working with you and I just loved the hops idea! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!! Best, Donna

Courtney O. · Married on 10/20/2019

Phenomenonal Wedding Flowers!

Donna exceeded our wedding day flowers in every way! From our overflowing wedding bouquets to the simple boutineers to the lavish candle display on each table, we were overwhelmed by the beauty of our day. Donna was so responsive and kind to work with. She knew what we wanted almost before we did. We will always remember her attention to every beautiful detail!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Courtney,
    Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was a real joy to work with you and I'm so happy you loved your flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2019

Made beautiful flower arrangements with minimal input

I don't know a lot about flower arrangements and only gave Donna a vague description of what I was looking for. She was able to put together beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and table centerpieces that were exactly what I was picturing. She was flexible with any changes requested and responded quickly.

Sent on 12/06/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to work with you and I wish you many blessings for a wonderful life together!! Best, Donna

Amy · Married on 10/19/2019

Such a joy!

Donna has a great vision and is so open to feedback and co-creating your vision. I am beyond impressed with the flower quality, beauty of arrangements, and price. I would 100% highly recommend this florist.

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Barbara

Barbara N. · Married on 10/12/2019

Astounding!

I had no idea how amazing our flowers would be, from only an hour conversation, but they were beyond what I wanted. Absolutely gorgeous! And kept well within our budget! 10/10

Sent on 10/28/2019

Barbara,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so happy you were pleased with everything! It was a pleasure working with you for such a special occasion! Wishing you all the best, Donna

Megan · Married on 10/08/2019

Excellent, personable, affordable florist, highly recomend!

Colonial florist was a great vendor to work with for our wedding. Donna responded quickly to our inquiry, met with us in person promptly, helped us work within out budget, and went above and beyond on wedding day to make sure it was everything we hoped for. Plus the florals were GORGEOUS and all my friends said they were jealous how gorgeous they were! I highly recommend working with colonial florists for your wedding needs.

Sent on 01/08/2020

Megan,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was such a joy working with you and I'm so pleased you were happy with my services and flowers! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!!
    Donna
  • Christine

Christine A. · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely stunning!

I was so happy with my wedding flowers! From the start, Donna was so easy to work with. We only spoke on the phone since I live out of town, but I immediately felt at ease as if I was talking to an old friend. Throughout the whole process, she was flexible, responsive and helpful to the point where I emailed her just a week out from our wedding and asked if she could make a separate stop in dropping off my bouquet on the way to the venue and she agreed. She didn't even charge an extra fee, which I would have happily paid. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous, romantic, fresh and smelled like a dream. I spent the day after my wedding just gazing at the arrangements my mother had brought home. Don't think twice, just hire Colonial! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Christine, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was and is always my goal to provide the very best for my brides and I am so happy I could come through for you! I wish you both many years of happiness together! Best, Donna
  • Jodie

Jodie B. · Married on 10/04/2019

Absolutely beautiful flowers!

WOW! Absolutely stunning flowers. She gave us flowers that looked exactly like the pictures we showed her. They were so beautiful and SO fresh! Better than I could have imagined. Our boutonnières went missing at some point during the delivery and went unnoticed. Even though it was unclear whose mistake it was, they refunded us the money for the boutonnières and were very apologetic. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Jodie,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a pleasure working with you for your big day and I wish you both many happy years together! Best, Donna
  • Kellie

Kellie · Married on 09/14/2019

Stunning Flowers!

Donna and her team did an amazing job with the floral arrangements for our wedding! She met every expectation I had and she met every request I made! I have to say the flowers even lasted over a week after the wedding! I love that I could enjoy my bouquet on my honeymoon!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Kellie,
    Thank you for this wonderful review! It was great working with you and I'm so happy you were pleased with everything! Wishing you both many years of happiness together!
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn E. · Married on 08/03/2019

This florist is nothing but the very BEST!

With planning a wedding, you work with many people. I can say with confidence that working with Donna by communicating over phone and email was by far the easiest, most pleasant and fantastic experience that I had. She not only worked with me on the pricing of everything, but I had many edits with the different flowers that I wanted and she worked with me on everything. She was on time for delivery and I was a bit nervous because I had not seen any of her flowers besides the pictures she has posted, BUT the flowers absolutely exceeded my expectations. I was beyond thrilled with how they turned out - they were everything I wanted and more. Donna and staff, from the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU!!!!!! Absolutely & positively FABULOUS!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Colonial Florist's reply:

Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for this wonderful review!! It was a joy working with you and I am so pleased you were happy with everything. Wishing you both many years of happiness! Best Wishes, Donna