22 Reviews for Colonial Florist

Event Design (1)
Venue Visit (1)
Aisle Decor (1)
22 Colonial Florist Reviews

Donna with Colonial Florist went above and beyond for my clients that got married last summer at James Monroe's Highland. Not only did she create beautiful designs for the personal wedding flowers, but she curated gorgeous, classic centerpieces that fit the style the clients wanted perfectly. She provided the rental decorations in addition to the blooms and greenery, and was so accommodating for retrieving the rentals after the event was over. Give Donna a call today to plan your wedding or event florals, you will be so glad you did!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/6/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Non-Floral

I am so happy that we chose to go with Colonial Florist for our wedding. All of the arrangements absolutely exceeded my expectations. Donna intuitively knew what I was looking for based off of our meeting and a few inspiration photos, and I trusted her with any suggestions. She worked with our budget throughout the process and through many changes. Pricing is extremely fair and I believe more appropriate than some other inflated Charlottesville area florists. As a bonus, the flowers we took home from our reception were still beautiful when we came back from our honeymoon!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Donna was a joy to work with! She respected my budget and was a lovely person. She exceeded my expectations with the flowers, as they were simply beautiful. It’s amazing how she turned my ideas into a reality!

Profile Picture Amelia, 4/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Donna was amazing to work with from our very first meeting up to our wedding day. I did not want flowers everywhere and I was interested in adding pieces of different textures and style in the ceremony as well as at our reception. Donna was so open to this idea and even met with me several times before the wedding so that we could toss around ideas back and forth. I decided I wanted an antique chandelier hanging from a tree our ceremony was going to be under. Once again, Donna was so open to this idea and even went on the hunt to find the perfect antique chandelier. She absolutely nailed it! It was the most beautiful antique chandelier and incorporated my style for our wedding. I also wanted antique candle sticks as a centerpiece on the tables at our reception. Just like the chandelier, Donna was essential in helping us find these as she also searched through antique stores to help us get the right number. Our bouquets and boutonnieres were incredible and she was so helpful in giving some different suggestions for textures and different flowers to incorporate in both. I cannot say enough about how helpful and completely in tune Donna was with our style for our wedding day. Everything was beautiful!

Photos
Profile Picture Kristen, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Non-Floral, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

We had the pleasure of working with Donna, who was so kind, flexible, attentive, creative, and just all around fun to work with. Donna took the time to listen to our interests, color schemes, and other wedding plans to develop bouquets, boutonnieres and table arrangements that matched our style and our budget. We got so many compliments that day. I could not have been any happier with how beautiful the flowers turned out!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We could not have been happier with our wedding flowers! Donna was able to understand my vision, even though I know very little about flowers, and executed it beautifully. She even helped work with my budget by suggesting certain types of flowers that would have the aesthetic I was looking for but would not put me over budget. My mom and I loved meeting her, and she was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was very accessible and flexible as I made changes to my order. When I saw the flowers on my wedding day, I was absolutely blown away. They were more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Great value and great price!

Profile Picture Caleigh, 8/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements

It was such a pleasure working with Donna at Colonial Florist. She is a consummate professional in her field and was a true joy to work with. She was always easy to get in touch with, always flexible and most importantly, her arrangements were breathtaking and affordable! Donna and her team's hard work and expert eye for detail will benefit any client. This level of service and attention is hard to come by.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages, Flower Crowns

Colonial Florist prepared the bridal bouquet, groomsmen boutonnieres and bridesmaids bouquets for my wedding in July. My husband and I live in England and so we planned our wedding overseas. Donna was super accommodating and arranged the flowers beautifully using a few photos I sent via email for reference. The bouquets and boutonnieres were ready for me the day before the wedding and the team kindly greeted me upon my arrival. Their positivity and top tips for keeping the flowers fresh made the hours leading up to the wedding stress-free. The bridal bouquet was absolutely gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better florist for my big day. Thanks Colonial Florist!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Our flowers were beautiful! They were so easy to work with, and were extremely helpful in providing us a vision. When we went to discuss ideas (not knowing what we wanted) they worked with us to show examples, explain the flowers being used, and made everything fun! I can't express how obsessed I was with my bouquet, and with the little touches that made our wedding. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Kait, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers

I LOVED working with Donna at Colonial Florist. I was a fairly budget conscious bride and she was really amazing at taking my wedding inspiration photos and showing me where I might be able to save money by substituting other flowers. In the end everything came out absolutely perfectly and just as I had wanted it to. She was incredibly sweet and responsive and I couldn't recommend her more highly.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Corsages

As I was searching for a florist, Donna was the only one who was quick to respond to my emails with professionalism and kindness! She was so great to work with! I loved that Colonial Florist was right down the road from our home and wedding venue! Our flowers were gorgeous and exactly what I envisioned! Donna caught my vision quickly and made my dreams a reality!

Profile Picture Kristina, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colonial Florist provided flowers for our wedding last weekend, and we couldn't be happier! The flowers were beautiful, and everything was perfect from the bouquets to the centerpieces! The color scheme and flowers were exactly what we asked for, and we received many compliments! Donna is very responsive, helpful, and flexible. We highly recommend her for your future wedding flowers!!

Profile Picture Alisa, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Donna is great to work with! I set up a meeting with her and when I walked in we clicked immediately. I had something in mind when selecting a florist but knew very little about flowers. Donna was able to help me through the process and I couldn't be more happy with the care and time that she provided. If a bride is planning everything herself it is people like Donna that make the process a breeze!

As expected Donna provided beautiful flowers and a wonderful experience for my wedding day I was very happy with the services she provided and plan to use her in the future for any floral needs!

Profile Picture Danielle , 9/5/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colonial Florists captured my vision perfectly. The flowers were so fresh and stayed that way for days afterwards. I would recomend them to everyone. She was divine and creative.

Profile Picture User4110884, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colonial did an amazing job at creating the exact look we wanted for our wedding. They were extremely easy to work with, even after we had to call and make add-ons the day beforemthe wedding. The flowers were fresh, smelled amazing, and were stunning. They allowed us to provide the vases, whcih helped usmsave money. We couldn't be happier with the quality of their service and would high.y recommend them for local events.

Profile Picture Seeba, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

What a wonderful florist! Donna made my vision come to life and was wonderful to work with. My flower arrangements turned out perfectly and I highly recommend her for all of your floral needs.

Profile Picture audrey, 10/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Donna Graves at Colonial Florist in Gordonsville did an outstanding job with the flowers for my wedding and for my rehearsal dinner. Aside from doing beautiful arrangements, Donna is a Saint. She was patient with me when my large flower order was changed numerous times. The wreaths for the church doors and the flowers for the ceremony and bridal party were very elegant and timeless. My bouquet looked like one from a magazine. Colonial florists also did the centerpieces, plants, and garlands for the reception. The flowers really transformed the space and helped to bring our theme together.

Profile Picture Mandi, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

They did a BEAUTIFUL job on my bridal bouquet, my bridesmaids' bouquets, and my boutineires & coursaiges! I started by bringing in pictures of things I liked & she did an AMAZING job putting them together. She was also the only florist in the area that was able to get the exact color of tulips I wanted, when they were out of season--everyone else said they just couldn't do it! :-) We couldn't have been happier with the flowers! She even delivered them right to our hotel room. She was also able to find me real fall colored leaves so that we could use them on the sides of the aisle during the ceremony (our venue wouldn't allow fake flowers/leaves unless we wanted to clean up every single one of them).

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/23/11, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We were thrilled we happened upon Colonial Florist of Gordonsville and selected them as our wedding florist. We live in Northern Virginia and were traveling to Charlottesville and happened to stop at Floradise Orchids in Gordonsville. We considered using orchids for our reception tables, but Steve of Floradise recommended Donna of Colonial for all of our other floral needs. We decided not to use orchids and used Colonial for all of our floral needs. Donna and Anita are sweethearts and they provided the most gorgeous and reasonably priced arrangements for the ceremony and reception . Donna took us on as a client about 1 month before the wedding - our florist was our last vendor to be selected - and from the minute we met, she had wonderful ideas, was patient and creative, and designed florals that were exactly what my daughter had envisioned. We cannot recommend Colonial Florist highly enough. Working with them was a highlight of our wedding preparations!

Profile Picture User896877, 2+ years ago, 15 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Donna at Colonial Florist did an amazing job with my wedding flowers. I was very pleased with the price and how they turned out on my wedding day. It was very hard for me to leave things like flowers and decor in the hands of other people, and I have to say I was terrified when she said there was no way to see what the flowers would look like prior to the day. But, I couldn't see my particular bouquet as it was a unique creation made especially for me, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't have a thing to worry about. If I ever need flowers for another event, I'll be sure to contact Donna for the occasion!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery
2.1

I had my father and brother pick up the flowers on my wedding day to save the delivery cost, and they were not ready - the florist had forgotten to do them. Thankfully I did not have any large arrangements - just bouquets and boutonnieres - but if I had, I would've been screwed.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews