Colonial DJs Reviews

Colonial DJs 1
  • Tori

Tori Cox · Married on 05/25/2019

Howie is the best!

From the very first time meeting him in person we knew Howie was kind, easy to talk to, and genuinely cared about how well our experience would be. Our ceremony and reception went amazing - and his musical talent was the perfect touch. Our guests had an amazing time dancing and he did a great job of reading the crowd and taking requests. Our day was a huge success largely in part of how fun and interactive Howie was. Also, it was amazing to open our card box and see one from him. How incredibly sweet! Can't thank him enough.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Fun and easy to work with!

Jeff did a great job DJ-ing. The ceremony music and the other special music were played and the announcements were made exactly when we wanted them to be. We let him decide what to play during the dinner and what he picked was very pleasant and non-intrusive which helped create a good atmosphere during the dinner.

The dancing was a great success, even though we had picked out a bunch of songs we wanted Jeff to play during the night, he really did a great job of choosing what songs to play when. The dance music had a nice progression, and Jeff kept it from being monotonic while at the same time making the change from one type of song to another feel natural and welcome.
    We filled in the event questionnaire Jeff asked us to fill in, providing him with knowledge of what songs and announcements we wanted and when we wanted them. The survey was complex, but it was relatively easy to fill in. I liked how they had a must play/play if possible section for requests, and I really appreciated how they asked about any topics that may be sensitive in the survey. We spent some time filling it in, but it really paid off during the wedding.

We highly recommend Jeff for those who are looking for a DJ to play at their wedding.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Catherine & Bendik, thanks for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure meeting you and your friends and family. All The Best!!

Jeff & The Colonial DJs Family
  • Lauren

Lauren Russell · Married on 02/16/2019

Great DJ! Would Definitely Recommend

Colonial DJ was very easy to work with. I would highly recommend. They are highly responsive and professional. Also, they have an online interface to pick songs and create your timeline for the event, which was so helpful. They showed up on time and did a great job of keeping the evening moving along. We didn't want to stop dancing!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Farris · Married on 01/19/2019

Awesome DJ!

Jeff did an amazing job as our DJ! He was so friendly throughout the planning process and pulled the reception off just as we imagined! He really knows how to keep the party going and get the guests out on the dance floor! So glad we chose Colonial DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Merecede

Merecede · Married on 11/03/2018

11.3.18 best day ever

AC made our wedding night so much fun! Everyone had a blast. We can’t thank you enough

Sent on 11/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2018

Everything was amazing! CJ was great and the photo booth we had was so much fun to do!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2018

Jeff was absolutely fantastic! We wanted a DJ who got everyone out on the dance floor and Jeff did just that. He made planning super easy with the online forum, and for a busy bride that was awesome. We also got the photobooth and that was a major hit!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/11/2018

I worked at a venue in Newport News for 2 years and ALWAYS happily referred Jeff and his team to my clients. Every single client was so happy with the services from Colonial DJs! From a business perspective, they are incredibly responsive and reliable, and they offer much more than just a DJ (photo booth, uplighting, etc.). This past summer, I referred Jeff to my close friend whose wedding I was in, and unsurprisingly, he was a huge hit. He took requests from the guests (per the bride's instruction) and had the best/funniest comments throughout the night. He was so amazing that my fiance and I have asked him to travel down to SC to DJ our wedding this August, and I'm so excited to have a great friend and great DJ to provide the entertainment for my wedding! Thanks Jeff and team!!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Jaime · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Howie Rocked it!

We had DJ Howie and his wife Karen for our wedding reception at Williamsburg Winery. They were very professional from first interaction on. I had to plan my wedding from Florida (long distance) and they were completely accommodating! Howie played every song I requested and ensured that everything had planned went according to the plan!! Karen was great with the photo booth which was a COMPLETE HIT. WOW!
    They were thorough and I loved the online planning portal they have on their site!!! An OCD person like myself would love this couple! ha!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Julia · Married on 07/14/2018

A Company That Truly Cares About You

DJ Howie did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding reception. He really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our wedding. He was a huge factor in making our day as perfect as it was. We had compliments all around from our guests, and they were dancing all night long!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

Howie was hands down one of the best parts of our wedding. During the planning process he made sure that we were always on the same page and that he knew exactly what our vision was for our wedding. When it came to our wedding day, Howie was what kept the party going and people on the dancefloor until literally the sendoff. We look back on our wedding day and think wow it was the perfect day and so much of that is thanks to Howie and his ability to read a crowd and keep a party poppin'

Sent on 08/08/2018

Trish · Married on 05/12/2018

Howie and the entire ColonialDJs team was a pleasure to work with start to finish. Without Howie's diligence and attention to details our reception would not have been the seamless, organized, incredible adventure that it was! I cannot thank Howie enough for honoring our request to dress up like Colonial George Washington to add some fun to the reception and give our guests from far away an added little taste of Williamsburg. THANK YOU SO MUCH for honoring all my wishes - and blocking out people who wanted requests when I had timed it all. You saved the day more than once and I am so glad there was no funny business around the microphone. I would hire you guys again in a heartbeat and will refer you to all my friends :) xox, Trish Doheny - May 12th wedding

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Colonial DJs 2

Morgan · Married on 04/28/2018

Jeff did an awesome job! I was a little nervous about how the music during the ceremony would sound, since we were in an outdoor venue but everything went smoothly and sounded great. Our guests had a blast, he kept the energy up all evening - thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/21/2018

We had Howie from Colonial DJs and had the easiest experience working with him. He was so friendly, played just what we wanted, and timed everything for both our ceremony and reception perfectly. They have an online questionnaire and song request page that is really simple to use and very thorough. They made the whole night run smoothly. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Kara · Married on 03/31/2018

Jeff was truly amazing! He kept in contact with my husband and I during the entire process and was extremely accommodating to any and all changes we wanted to make. His energy throughout the night kept the reception moving smoothly and I look forward to working with him again.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Mallory · Married on 02/10/2018

Howie was great!! All of our guests had a blast and danced the whole time! Howie was very interactive and kept the reception flowing effortlessly. You will not be disappointed if you choose Colonial DJs for your next event!!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Shannon · Married on 11/25/2017

A.C. Walker was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! We were able to discuss the details of my wedding reception on the phone prior to the event, and he ROCKED THE HOUSE. He completely understood my vision, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. He checked in with us throughout the event to make sure everything was going how we wanted to, and to see if there was anything else that we needed/wanted. I cannot say enough good things about A.C. Walker! He was my dream DJ, and I have soo many great memories from working with him. I highly recommend him and Colonial DJ's to anyone for any event!!!! A million times A+. Thanks again for making my wedding reception dreams come true!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

We got married this past November and had Jeff as our DJ and he was absolutely amazing!!!!! Being in the business before our wedding, I knew who I wanted as our DJ the minute we got engaged and they didn't disappoint! Jeff was the sweetest and accommodated any requests our guests had during the wedding reception! I don't think the dance floor was ever empty throughout the reception! We loved Jeff and couldn't have asked for a better night! We would definitely recommend Jeff and his team for anyone looking for a DJ!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2017

We got married on Nov 4, 2017 and man oh man, Howie from Colonial DJs was just the best!!! He met with my mother and me a couple of times leading up to the wedding, not to mention answering my never ending emails promptly and with grace. He even made a few last minute, unexpected changes to the Mother/Son dance with no complaint or sign it was even a remote inconvenience. This company is the epitome of professionalism -- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Ginny · Married on 10/28/2017

We had a great experience with Colonial DJs. Very easy to work with and honored all our music requests. Very happy with the experience and glad we chose them.

Sent on 12/30/2017

kassi · Married on 10/14/2017

AC did a fantastic job! It was drizzling for my ceremony and he went out and bought a small tent for his equipment and umbrellas for us. He was prompt and touched base with me throughout the night to ensure that everything was going as planned, he kept things on time and I can't think of how things could have run smoother. I don't think my wedding would have been as good as it was without him. If I am being nit-picky he mixed up my name with one of my bridesmaids when he announced us and announced me as Mrs. [husbands name] which for me was pretty insulting but I know for most people they wouldn't care. Overall though I would still highly recommend him, he really went above and beyond.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Colonial DJs was very professional from the start. They delivered and did a great job for our wedding reception. They come highly recommended !!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2017

Howie was great! He was very accommodating - meeting us close to where we live instead of their office. He was a great MC - very personable. One of our guests told us he had been to many weddings, and our DJ was by far the best. He really knows how to read and engage the crowd.

Sent on 11/26/2017

Katie · Married on 09/03/2017

These guys are the real deal! Howie was the DJ for our wedding last weekend, and we could not have asked for a better experience. Howie really took the time to get to know my husband and I and to put together a celebration that was uniquely ours - he even recommended the photographer we ended up hiring. No matter what crazy questions or requests I had, he was always extremely gracious and accommodating - the consummate professional! Everything went off without a hitch, from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, and their prices are more than reasonable. Howie also deserves an extra special shout out for putting together a great night of fun despite my husband and I giving him exactly zero songs for our preferred song list. Thank you Colonial DJs for helping us dance the night away! We won't soon forget it.

Sent on 09/09/2017