112 Reviews for Colonial DJs

Karaoke (1)
Disco Ball (1)
Projector (1)
112 Colonial DJs Reviews

I worked at a venue in Newport News for 2 years and ALWAYS happily referred Jeff and his team to my clients. Every single client was so happy with the services from Colonial DJs! From a business perspective, they are incredibly responsive and reliable, and they offer much more than just a DJ (photo booth, uplighting, etc.). This past summer, I referred Jeff to my close friend whose wedding I was in, and unsurprisingly, he was a huge hit. He took requests from the guests (per the bride's instruction) and had the best/funniest comments throughout the night. He was so amazing that my fiance and I have asked him to travel down to SC to DJ our wedding this August, and I'm so excited to have a great friend and great DJ to provide the entertainment for my wedding! Thanks Jeff and team!!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Howie was hands down one of the best parts of our wedding. During the planning process he made sure that we were always on the same page and that he knew exactly what our vision was for our wedding. When it came to our wedding day, Howie was what kept the party going and people on the dancefloor until literally the sendoff. We look back on our wedding day and think wow it was the perfect day and so much of that is thanks to Howie and his ability to read a crowd and keep a party poppin'

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/30/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Howie and the entire ColonialDJs team was a pleasure to work with start to finish. Without Howie's diligence and attention to details our reception would not have been the seamless, organized, incredible adventure that it was! I cannot thank Howie enough for honoring our request to dress up like Colonial George Washington to add some fun to the reception and give our guests from far away an added little taste of Williamsburg. THANK YOU SO MUCH for honoring all my wishes - and blocking out people who wanted requests when I had timed it all. You saved the day more than once and I am so glad there was no funny business around the microphone. I would hire you guys again in a heartbeat and will refer you to all my friends :) xox, Trish Doheny - May 12th wedding

Profile Picture Trish, 5/12/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jeff did an awesome job! I was a little nervous about how the music during the ceremony would sound, since we were in an outdoor venue but everything went smoothly and sounded great. Our guests had a blast, he kept the energy up all evening - thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Morgan, 4/28/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had Howie from Colonial DJs and had the easiest experience working with him. He was so friendly, played just what we wanted, and timed everything for both our ceremony and reception perfectly. They have an online questionnaire and song request page that is really simple to use and very thorough. They made the whole night run smoothly. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Jeff was truly amazing! He kept in contact with my husband and I during the entire process and was extremely accommodating to any and all changes we wanted to make. His energy throughout the night kept the reception moving smoothly and I look forward to working with him again.

Profile Picture Kara, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Howie was great!! All of our guests had a blast and danced the whole time! Howie was very interactive and kept the reception flowing effortlessly. You will not be disappointed if you choose Colonial DJs for your next event!!

Profile Picture Mallory, 2/10/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

A.C. Walker was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! We were able to discuss the details of my wedding reception on the phone prior to the event, and he ROCKED THE HOUSE. He completely understood my vision, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. He checked in with us throughout the event to make sure everything was going how we wanted to, and to see if there was anything else that we needed/wanted. I cannot say enough good things about A.C. Walker! He was my dream DJ, and I have soo many great memories from working with him. I highly recommend him and Colonial DJ's to anyone for any event!!!! A million times A+. Thanks again for making my wedding reception dreams come true!

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We got married this past November and had Jeff as our DJ and he was absolutely amazing!!!!! Being in the business before our wedding, I knew who I wanted as our DJ the minute we got engaged and they didn't disappoint! Jeff was the sweetest and accommodated any requests our guests had during the wedding reception! I don't think the dance floor was ever empty throughout the reception! We loved Jeff and couldn't have asked for a better night! We would definitely recommend Jeff and his team for anyone looking for a DJ!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/18/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We got married on Nov 4, 2017 and man oh man, Howie from Colonial DJs was just the best!!! He met with my mother and me a couple of times leading up to the wedding, not to mention answering my never ending emails promptly and with grace. He even made a few last minute, unexpected changes to the Mother/Son dance with no complaint or sign it was even a remote inconvenience. This company is the epitome of professionalism -- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

We had a great experience with Colonial DJs. Very easy to work with and honored all our music requests. Very happy with the experience and glad we chose them.

Profile Picture Ginny, 10/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

AC did a fantastic job! It was drizzling for my ceremony and he went out and bought a small tent for his equipment and umbrellas for us. He was prompt and touched base with me throughout the night to ensure that everything was going as planned, he kept things on time and I can't think of how things could have run smoother. I don't think my wedding would have been as good as it was without him. If I am being nit-picky he mixed up my name with one of my bridesmaids when he announced us and announced me as Mrs. [husbands name] which for me was pretty insulting but I know for most people they wouldn't care. Overall though I would still highly recommend him, he really went above and beyond.

Profile Picture kassi, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Colonial DJs was very professional from the start. They delivered and did a great job for our wedding reception. They come highly recommended !!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Howie was great! He was very accommodating - meeting us close to where we live instead of their office. He was a great MC - very personable. One of our guests told us he had been to many weddings, and our DJ was by far the best. He really knows how to read and engage the crowd.

Profile Picture Courtney , 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys are the real deal! Howie was the DJ for our wedding last weekend, and we could not have asked for a better experience. Howie really took the time to get to know my husband and I and to put together a celebration that was uniquely ours - he even recommended the photographer we ended up hiring. No matter what crazy questions or requests I had, he was always extremely gracious and accommodating - the consummate professional! Everything went off without a hitch, from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, and their prices are more than reasonable. Howie also deserves an extra special shout out for putting together a great night of fun despite my husband and I giving him exactly zero songs for our preferred song list. Thank you Colonial DJs for helping us dance the night away! We won't soon forget it.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/3/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Sound/PA System

We chose Colonial DJ's from the recommendation of a DJ who was not available for my daughter's wedding date. We are so glad we did! Our initial meeting was with Jeff and he was great. Howie was our assigned DJ and he was amazing. Our daughter had musicians for the ceremony and all kinds of intricate details. Howie handled them all sooo well. He is great at setting and/or following a timeline and keeping the party moving. Thanks for helping our daughter's wedding to be just what she wanted!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had a great experience with Colonial
DJs for our May 2017 wedding. AC was our DJ and he was very professional, had a great music selection, and had everyone out on the dance floor! We would definitely recommend working with Colonial DJs.

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

So pleased with DJ Chris Hansin. He stuck to the timeline and was flexible when we wanted to add things in. The music was the perfect mix of old and new. Our guests had a blast on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Chris and Colonial DJ!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Colonial Djs was very professional and responsive from the first contact. I felt their prices were great value. We had a last minute change in our DJ due to a family emergency, but CJ stepped in and did everything we asked. Our guests had a great time and were dancing all night!! We also ordered uplighting through Colonial DJs and the room looked fantastic!

Profile Picture Tammy, 5/6/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Jeff for both Friday and Saturday night for my Fiance and I's April 2017 wedding. After the Rehearsal Dinner on Friday night, we did a Karaoke party for all of our family and friends who came into town early to celebrate with us!! We ALL had the BEST time with Karaoke! It was so much fun and Jeff kept the party going!! Then on Saturday, Jeff was our DJ at our wedding and we had SOOO MUCH FUN!!! All of our family and friends were raving about Jeff!!! I would highly recommend Colonial DJs!! They were great to work with and very professional!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Loved out experience with colonial DJs! Walter did an amazing job and kept people on the dance floor all night long!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Colonial Djs knocked our wedding out of the park!!! We had Howie running our reception and we couldn't be happier! He made sure everything ran smoothly, people were having fun, and that we were happy. He went above and beyond to deliver an amazing reception and our guests cannot stop raving about him!! If you want to have a stress-free and high energy reception book them!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Howie at Colonial DJs was a great help and very accommodating for our wedding. He did a great walk through and sent helpful reminders for our music choices (when your mind is thinking of many other things)! We also used the photo booth and love the photo strip album with guest comments. Would highly recommend them for any event!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 12/10/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had our wedding at the Williamsburg Winery last weekend and Jeff was our amazing DJ!! He was wonderful from day 1! Colonial DJs was recommended to us by our venue and Jeff was actually one of their favorite DJs they had worked with in the past, and I can see why! He was the only DJ I met with and knew he would be perfect for our big day! He was extremely professional and easy to work with. Jeff was wonderful for us as I am not a party planner and had idea what all could possibly be involved with planning music and entertainment for a wedding. He was patient, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. It was such a pleasure to work with him. He helped make our day so much fun and followed all of our requests and guest requests. The sound and music were flawless from the ceremony to cocktail hour and reception! He is truly a professional and he was one vendor that was 100% dependable. He also informed me ahead of time if he would be out of town or unavailable in case he wouldn't be able to respond as quickly as he normally does via email, etc. this was great to know he hadn't forgotten about us and didn't require further follow up. He helped create and keep our timeline moving and was there to guide us every step of the way! Our guests all LOVED him. My younger siblings (under 20) and grandparents (75+) and everyone in between could not say enough good things about him! Could not have imagined this day without Jeff working with us to make it everything we imagined and more! I HIGHLY recommend Colonial DJs for any occasion!

Profile Picture Amanda, 12/3/16, 3 Reviews