Colonial DJs Reviews

137 Reviews for Colonial DJs

• Krysten

Krysten Kersey · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Incredible

This place is awesome! We had to suddenly postpone our wedding due to covid-19, and they have been so incredible during this process! I will forever recommend Colonial DJ's.

Sent on 03/26/2020

Colonial DJs's reply:

Thanks Krysten, stay safe. We will see you in August!! We have moved everything over to your new date.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 01/04/2020

Another great review for Colonial DJ's!

There's a reason why Colonial DJ's continually get such great reviews...because they do excellent work!! We loved working with Jeff B at Colonial - he was professional, funny, knowledgeable, and made our reception such a wonderful experience! Colonial also has a great client portal where you can work on forms for everything required for customizing your wedding day. It was so much fun to pick out the "must play" songs, while also knowing the "do not play" list would not see the light of day. Jeff was also excellent as the "MC" of our reception and did a great job introducing the bridal party and special songs. It was an absolute pleasure to work with Jeff and Colonial DJs. We would highly, highly recommend them!! Jennifer T, Fredericksburg, VA

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • User7353504 · Recently married

Colonial DJs (and DJ Howie): Top Notch Service

DJ Howie with Colonial DJs made our wedding day the best day ever! From start to finish people were out on the dance floor (even during dinner service!), thanks to his epic choices and uncanny ability to read the room. It was a pleasure to work with them - from start to finish Howie was responsive to my questions and requests, and I knew I never had to repeat myself. It was going to get done perfectly!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Becky and James were the best couple to work with, their family and friends were so much fun, it made my job as the DJ so easy. I wish you guys all the best in the future. DJ Howie
  • Marrissa

Marrissa · Married on 10/19/2019

Great DJ to work with!

We had DJ Howie for our wedding at Ford's Colony Country Club. He contacted us about a month before the wedding to go over all the details to make sure we were all on the same page. He accommodated for everything we wanted in regards to music and all my guests had a blast!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Thank you Marrissa & Will, it was such a pleasure working with you. I wish you guys all the best in the future in your new life together.
  • Nicole

Nicole Snyder · Married on 10/14/2019

Amazing DJ Jeff!

Jeff was our DJ for our wedding and he did so awesome!! We had a dance party going all evening and he played all the songs I wanted and it was such a blast! He found and played our introduction song with no issues and MC'd the evening perfectly! I loved his suggestion of the garter reversal that we discussed prior to our big day and it ended up going perfectly! Jeff also did the shoe game for us which was so much fun! Thanks so much Jeff!! :D

Sent on 10/24/2019

Stacy · Married on 10/05/2019

Very fun and memorable!

We had a great time working with Howie with Colonial DJs. We loved the website they have to help you customize your songs for the ceremony and reception. Howie was easy to get in touch with and responded very quickly to our questions. Howie created a timeline for us for the day and made sure we stuck to that. He also checked in with us from time to time to make sure we knew what was coming up. Howie got on the dance floor with everyone too! He was a lot of fun and made sure we had the best party! Thank you for making our day special!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Thank you Stacy & Jake, you guys were great to work with and I really enjoyed having fun with you and your family at the reception. I wish you guys all the best in your new life together. Take care and let me know if you ever need a DJ in the future. Musically, DJ Howie
  • Joanne

Joanne · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Time!

From booking, to paying, to planning, to playing the music, the whole experience with Colonial DJs was great. DJ AC Walker understood our vision and made it come to life. I highly recommend AC Walker and Colonial DJs for your event!!!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Labree · Married on 09/28/2019

Quality for the price is exceptional!

From the day we booked with them to wedding day, everything was smooth and efficient. The website was easy to use. All of our phone conversations were very pleasant. Our DJ was Jeff. He called us the week before the wedding to go over timeline and last minute details. He showed up early and was very pleasant to work with. Throughout the whole evening he was AWESOME at helping us keep on track with our timeline. We changed our timeline a lot throughout the wedding and he just rolled with it and made it happen. I can’t express enough how thankful we were for him by the end!!!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Thanks for the review Katelyn, I had a great time. Now that I know you guys ride Harleys, we should head out for a ride sometime! Jeff
  • Teri

Teri Cheslak · Married on 08/24/2019

Easy to work with and quality sounds

I am so happy to share the wonderful experience we had with Colonial DJ’s at our daughter’s recent Watermen’s Museum wedding and reception on the beach in Yorktown!
    My initial meeting with Jeff Bristow put me at ease and convinced me we had made the right choice. I realized we had hired far more than music. We had hired an experience master of ceremonies who would keep the event moving and put everyone in a joyous, happy mood!
    With each subsequent meeting with other vendors, the response was always the same. Whether it was the caterer, day of planner, or photographer, they enthusiastically said, “ Jeff Bristow is going to be your DJ? You have the best! It will be a great event!”
    And, indeed, Jeff worked closely with all those vendors in the days preceding the wedding, making sure the schedule of events went smoothly.
    The sound quality was amazing in all three locations - at the beach for ceremony, up on a high deck for cocktails, and under the tent for dinner and dancing.
    He was willing to meet with us and plan things along the way. The bride and groom and parents had opportunities to choose music for each part of the wedding and reception. And when we did not have ideas for a particular part of the evening, Jeff asked what mood we wanted for that moment and was quick to offer suggestions.
    “Soft piano instrumentals as guests arrive? Got it! Pachelbel’s Cannon in D for entrance? This is a lovely version.
    Michael Bublé and Frank Sinatra might be good for cocktail hour...
    Which version of Stand by Me does the couple want? What are the favorite songs for the parents? What would your guests like to dance to? No problem! We’ll get them all up having fun!”
    He thought of everything. He even worked with guest singers the week before to find the appropriate music.
    AND... he made a very big deal of our little granddaughter/flower girl, even playing a song for her.
    Our officiant was from Pennsylvania and had performed over 150 weddings. Rev. Johnson said Jeff was the best DJ she has encountered. She described his voice as a kind, loving radio personality voice that put everyone in a party mood!
    Thank you, Colonial DJ’s! You helped make our event fabulous!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Julianna

Julianna · Married on 08/10/2019

Jeff made our small wedding a blast!

Jeff was the DJ for our wedding. He was the DJ for both of my older sisters weddings and when it came to picking a DJ for our wedding we knew we wanted Colonial DJs! Jeff was very responsive and made a mash up for the bridal party entrance and made my idea come to life. He was very fun and kept the party going. We are so glad Jeff was able to DJ our wedding and we highly recommend him and his team!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/27/2019

CJ killed it!

My husband and I decided to go with Colonial DJs for our reception and we could not have been happier with how everything turned out.
    CJ was the DJ that we had and he was a real pleasure to work with. Due to our hectic schedules, CJ even met us at our home one evening to go over everything for the reception, and he had a lot of good ideas we had not even thought of.
    The Colonial DJs website was also really helpful and easy to use for planning what music we wanted to play, as well as planning out the schedule of things happening at the reception.
    On the day of the wedding, CJ did a great job of keeping everything running smoothly throughout the reception, and the dance floor was completely packed the entire night with all of our guests having a blast, which is exactly what we wanted. CJ even worked with us to have one final dance, just my husband and I, after all of our guests were ushered outside to prepare for our departure.
    I can’t say enough good things about CJ and Colonial DJs for helping us have the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Chelsie

Chelsie · Married on 07/20/2019

How was awesome!

We had Howie DJ our wedding at the Williamsburg Winery this weekend. We had less than 75 people, yet there were always people on the dance floor with Howie's mix of 70--80s dance songs along with more modern requests. He was also great about asking us if we were okay with a couple of requests that were more along the lines of our Do Not Play list. Howie was also wonderful to work with before the ceremony, going over each detail, and making us feel confident that our ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner would be fun and relaxing for everyone!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Tori

Tori Cox · Married on 05/25/2019

Howie is the best!

From the very first time meeting him in person we knew Howie was kind, easy to talk to, and genuinely cared about how well our experience would be. Our ceremony and reception went amazing - and his musical talent was the perfect touch. Our guests had an amazing time dancing and he did a great job of reading the crowd and taking requests. Our day was a huge success largely in part of how fun and interactive Howie was. Also, it was amazing to open our card box and see one from him. How incredibly sweet! Can't thank him enough.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Fun and easy to work with!

Jeff did a great job DJ-ing. The ceremony music and the other special music were played and the announcements were made exactly when we wanted them to be. We let him decide what to play during the dinner and what he picked was very pleasant and non-intrusive which helped create a good atmosphere during the dinner.

The dancing was a great success, even though we had picked out a bunch of songs we wanted Jeff to play during the night, he really did a great job of choosing what songs to play when. The dance music had a nice progression, and Jeff kept it from being monotonic while at the same time making the change from one type of song to another feel natural and welcome.
    We filled in the event questionnaire Jeff asked us to fill in, providing him with knowledge of what songs and announcements we wanted and when we wanted them. The survey was complex, but it was relatively easy to fill in. I liked how they had a must play/play if possible section for requests, and I really appreciated how they asked about any topics that may be sensitive in the survey. We spent some time filling it in, but it really paid off during the wedding.

We highly recommend Jeff for those who are looking for a DJ to play at their wedding.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Colonial DJs's reply:

Catherine & Bendik, thanks for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure meeting you and your friends and family. All The Best!!

Jeff & The Colonial DJs Family
  • Lauren

Lauren Russell · Married on 02/16/2019

Great DJ! Would Definitely Recommend

Colonial DJ was very easy to work with. I would highly recommend. They are highly responsive and professional. Also, they have an online interface to pick songs and create your timeline for the event, which was so helpful. They showed up on time and did a great job of keeping the evening moving along. We didn't want to stop dancing!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Farris · Married on 01/19/2019

Awesome DJ!

Jeff did an amazing job as our DJ! He was so friendly throughout the planning process and pulled the reception off just as we imagined! He really knows how to keep the party going and get the guests out on the dance floor! So glad we chose Colonial DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Merecede

Merecede · Married on 11/03/2018

11.3.18 best day ever

AC made our wedding night so much fun! Everyone had a blast. We can’t thank you enough

Sent on 11/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2018

Everything was amazing! CJ was great and the photo booth we had was so much fun to do!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2018

Jeff was absolutely fantastic! We wanted a DJ who got everyone out on the dance floor and Jeff did just that. He made planning super easy with the online forum, and for a busy bride that was awesome. We also got the photobooth and that was a major hit!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Brianna · Married on 08/11/2018

I worked at a venue in Newport News for 2 years and ALWAYS happily referred Jeff and his team to my clients. Every single client was so happy with the services from Colonial DJs! From a business perspective, they are incredibly responsive and reliable, and they offer much more than just a DJ (photo booth, uplighting, etc.). This past summer, I referred Jeff to my close friend whose wedding I was in, and unsurprisingly, he was a huge hit. He took requests from the guests (per the bride's instruction) and had the best/funniest comments throughout the night. He was so amazing that my fiance and I have asked him to travel down to SC to DJ our wedding this August, and I'm so excited to have a great friend and great DJ to provide the entertainment for my wedding! Thanks Jeff and team!!!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Jaime · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Howie Rocked it!

We had DJ Howie and his wife Karen for our wedding reception at Williamsburg Winery. They were very professional from first interaction on. I had to plan my wedding from Florida (long distance) and they were completely accommodating! Howie played every song I requested and ensured that everything had planned went according to the plan!! Karen was great with the photo booth which was a COMPLETE HIT. WOW!
    They were thorough and I loved the online planning portal they have on their site!!! An OCD person like myself would love this couple! ha!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Julia · Married on 07/14/2018

A Company That Truly Cares About You

DJ Howie did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding reception. He really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our wedding. He was a huge factor in making our day as perfect as it was. We had compliments all around from our guests, and they were dancing all night long!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

Howie was hands down one of the best parts of our wedding. During the planning process he made sure that we were always on the same page and that he knew exactly what our vision was for our wedding. When it came to our wedding day, Howie was what kept the party going and people on the dancefloor until literally the sendoff. We look back on our wedding day and think wow it was the perfect day and so much of that is thanks to Howie and his ability to read a crowd and keep a party poppin'

Sent on 08/08/2018

Trish · Married on 05/12/2018

Howie and the entire ColonialDJs team was a pleasure to work with start to finish. Without Howie's diligence and attention to details our reception would not have been the seamless, organized, incredible adventure that it was! I cannot thank Howie enough for honoring our request to dress up like Colonial George Washington to add some fun to the reception and give our guests from far away an added little taste of Williamsburg. THANK YOU SO MUCH for honoring all my wishes - and blocking out people who wanted requests when I had timed it all. You saved the day more than once and I am so glad there was no funny business around the microphone. I would hire you guys again in a heartbeat and will refer you to all my friends :) xox, Trish Doheny - May 12th wedding

Sent on 06/02/2018

Morgan · Married on 04/28/2018

Jeff did an awesome job! I was a little nervous about how the music during the ceremony would sound, since we were in an outdoor venue but everything went smoothly and sounded great. Our guests had a blast, he kept the energy up all evening - thank you for everything!

Sent on 05/04/2018