Colonial DJs Reviews

Colonial DJs 1
  • Merecede

Merecede · Married on 11/03/2018

11.3.18 best day ever

AC made our wedding night so much fun! Everyone had a blast. We can’t thank you enough

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2018

Everything was amazing! CJ was great and the photo booth we had was so much fun to do!

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 09/22/2018

Jeff was absolutely fantastic! We wanted a DJ who got everyone out on the dance floor and Jeff did just that. He made planning super easy with the online forum, and for a busy bride that was awesome. We also got the photobooth and that was a major hit!

Brianna · Married on 08/11/2018

I worked at a venue in Newport News for 2 years and ALWAYS happily referred Jeff and his team to my clients. Every single client was so happy with the services from Colonial DJs! From a business perspective, they are incredibly responsive and reliable, and they offer much more than just a DJ (photo booth, uplighting, etc.). This past summer, I referred Jeff to my close friend whose wedding I was in, and unsurprisingly, he was a huge hit. He took requests from the guests (per the bride's instruction) and had the best/funniest comments throughout the night. He was so amazing that my fiance and I have asked him to travel down to SC to DJ our wedding this August, and I'm so excited to have a great friend and great DJ to provide the entertainment for my wedding! Thanks Jeff and team!!!

Jaime · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ Howie Rocked it!

We had DJ Howie and his wife Karen for our wedding reception at Williamsburg Winery. They were very professional from first interaction on. I had to plan my wedding from Florida (long distance) and they were completely accommodating! Howie played every song I requested and ensured that everything had planned went according to the plan!! Karen was great with the photo booth which was a COMPLETE HIT. WOW!
    They were thorough and I loved the online planning portal they have on their site!!! An OCD person like myself would love this couple! ha!!!

Julia · Married on 07/14/2018

A Company That Truly Cares About You

DJ Howie did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding reception. He really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted for our wedding. He was a huge factor in making our day as perfect as it was. We had compliments all around from our guests, and they were dancing all night long!

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

Howie was hands down one of the best parts of our wedding. During the planning process he made sure that we were always on the same page and that he knew exactly what our vision was for our wedding. When it came to our wedding day, Howie was what kept the party going and people on the dancefloor until literally the sendoff. We look back on our wedding day and think wow it was the perfect day and so much of that is thanks to Howie and his ability to read a crowd and keep a party poppin'

Trish · Married on 05/12/2018

Howie and the entire ColonialDJs team was a pleasure to work with start to finish. Without Howie's diligence and attention to details our reception would not have been the seamless, organized, incredible adventure that it was! I cannot thank Howie enough for honoring our request to dress up like Colonial George Washington to add some fun to the reception and give our guests from far away an added little taste of Williamsburg. THANK YOU SO MUCH for honoring all my wishes - and blocking out people who wanted requests when I had timed it all. You saved the day more than once and I am so glad there was no funny business around the microphone. I would hire you guys again in a heartbeat and will refer you to all my friends :) xox, Trish Doheny - May 12th wedding

Colonial DJs 2

Morgan · Married on 04/28/2018

Jeff did an awesome job! I was a little nervous about how the music during the ceremony would sound, since we were in an outdoor venue but everything went smoothly and sounded great. Our guests had a blast, he kept the energy up all evening - thank you for everything!

Jennifer · Married on 04/21/2018

We had Howie from Colonial DJs and had the easiest experience working with him. He was so friendly, played just what we wanted, and timed everything for both our ceremony and reception perfectly. They have an online questionnaire and song request page that is really simple to use and very thorough. They made the whole night run smoothly. Definitely recommend!

Kara · Married on 03/31/2018

Jeff was truly amazing! He kept in contact with my husband and I during the entire process and was extremely accommodating to any and all changes we wanted to make. His energy throughout the night kept the reception moving smoothly and I look forward to working with him again.

Mallory · Married on 02/10/2018

Howie was great!! All of our guests had a blast and danced the whole time! Howie was very interactive and kept the reception flowing effortlessly. You will not be disappointed if you choose Colonial DJs for your next event!!

Shannon · Married on 11/25/2017

A.C. Walker was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!! We were able to discuss the details of my wedding reception on the phone prior to the event, and he ROCKED THE HOUSE. He completely understood my vision, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. He checked in with us throughout the event to make sure everything was going how we wanted to, and to see if there was anything else that we needed/wanted. I cannot say enough good things about A.C. Walker! He was my dream DJ, and I have soo many great memories from working with him. I highly recommend him and Colonial DJ's to anyone for any event!!!! A million times A+. Thanks again for making my wedding reception dreams come true!

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2017

We got married this past November and had Jeff as our DJ and he was absolutely amazing!!!!! Being in the business before our wedding, I knew who I wanted as our DJ the minute we got engaged and they didn't disappoint! Jeff was the sweetest and accommodated any requests our guests had during the wedding reception! I don't think the dance floor was ever empty throughout the reception! We loved Jeff and couldn't have asked for a better night! We would definitely recommend Jeff and his team for anyone looking for a DJ!!

Rebecca · Married on 11/04/2017

We got married on Nov 4, 2017 and man oh man, Howie from Colonial DJs was just the best!!! He met with my mother and me a couple of times leading up to the wedding, not to mention answering my never ending emails promptly and with grace. He even made a few last minute, unexpected changes to the Mother/Son dance with no complaint or sign it was even a remote inconvenience. This company is the epitome of professionalism -- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Ginny · Married on 10/28/2017

We had a great experience with Colonial DJs. Very easy to work with and honored all our music requests. Very happy with the experience and glad we chose them.

kassi · Married on 10/14/2017

AC did a fantastic job! It was drizzling for my ceremony and he went out and bought a small tent for his equipment and umbrellas for us. He was prompt and touched base with me throughout the night to ensure that everything was going as planned, he kept things on time and I can't think of how things could have run smoother. I don't think my wedding would have been as good as it was without him. If I am being nit-picky he mixed up my name with one of my bridesmaids when he announced us and announced me as Mrs. [husbands name] which for me was pretty insulting but I know for most people they wouldn't care. Overall though I would still highly recommend him, he really went above and beyond.

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Colonial DJs was very professional from the start. They delivered and did a great job for our wedding reception. They come highly recommended !!

Courtney · Married on 09/16/2017

Howie was great! He was very accommodating - meeting us close to where we live instead of their office. He was a great MC - very personable. One of our guests told us he had been to many weddings, and our DJ was by far the best. He really knows how to read and engage the crowd.

Katie · Married on 09/03/2017

These guys are the real deal! Howie was the DJ for our wedding last weekend, and we could not have asked for a better experience. Howie really took the time to get to know my husband and I and to put together a celebration that was uniquely ours - he even recommended the photographer we ended up hiring. No matter what crazy questions or requests I had, he was always extremely gracious and accommodating - the consummate professional! Everything went off without a hitch, from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, and their prices are more than reasonable. Howie also deserves an extra special shout out for putting together a great night of fun despite my husband and I giving him exactly zero songs for our preferred song list. Thank you Colonial DJs for helping us dance the night away! We won't soon forget it.

Lisa · Married on 09/02/2017

We chose Colonial DJ's from the recommendation of a DJ who was not available for my daughter's wedding date. We are so glad we did! Our initial meeting was with Jeff and he was great. Howie was our assigned DJ and he was amazing. Our daughter had musicians for the ceremony and all kinds of intricate details. Howie handled them all sooo well. He is great at setting and/or following a timeline and keeping the party moving. Thanks for helping our daughter's wedding to be just what she wanted!

Carrie · Married on 06/10/2017

We had a great experience with Colonial
    DJs for our May 2017 wedding. AC was our DJ and he was very professional, had a great music selection, and had everyone out on the dance floor! We would definitely recommend working with Colonial DJs.

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

So pleased with DJ Chris Hansin. He stuck to the timeline and was flexible when we wanted to add things in. The music was the perfect mix of old and new. Our guests had a blast on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Chris and Colonial DJ!

Tammy · Married on 05/06/2017

Colonial Djs was very professional and responsive from the first contact. I felt their prices were great value. We had a last minute change in our DJ due to a family emergency, but CJ stepped in and did everything we asked. Our guests had a great time and were dancing all night!! We also ordered uplighting through Colonial DJs and the room looked fantastic!