Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn Reviews

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 7
  • Y

Yadira Perez Sanchez · Married on 09/28/2019

Exceptional

It is a beautiful, unique and fantastic place to celebrate your wedding! We are so happy to choose this venue it was more than I was expecting! ❤️

Sent on 10/08/2019

Jocelyn Robinson · Married on 08/10/2019

More than we imagined ❤

This venue was everything and more! Sandy and Marshall are remarkable hosts. I can not say enough about how amazing our experience was! From the first initial email to the follow up, it was all on point. Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the venue and the hospitality of everyone who worked our wedding.
    We will definitely be back to enjoy the gorgeous B&B!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 19
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 20
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 21

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Marshall and I want to thank you so much for selecting us for your beautiful wedding. We so enjoyed working with you. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day.
    Sandy and Marshall

Kelsey · Married on 06/22/2019

Truly amazing venue!

This venue is absolutely amazing! The price was perfect and they have everything you could ask for and many things I didn't even know I needed! Marshall and Sandy were so kind and helpful! They were very flexible when it rained and we had the wedding inside last minute! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding at a more beautiful and perfect place!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 22
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 23
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 24
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 25

Hi Kelsey and Robert,
    We want to thank you for selecting us. We had a great time getting to know you. You had a beautiful wedding and a wonderful family to work with. Thank you.
  • Miranda

Miranda Rose Tesch · Married on 11/30/2018

Gorgeous barn, Dream wedding!

Wow, HUGE thank you for being the most kind, and understanding people to help me with my wedding. I am huge on cleanliness and everything was 100% up to par with my expectations. The barn was gorgeous, and the property was perfect for all my fairy tale photos I had in mind for my special day. The bed and Breakfast was perfect for accommodating all my family and friends for the night before my special day.. words can not express how smooth everything went, and how happy they were to work with every one of my demands. I HIGHLY recommend to all people who think about having their wedding here. Thank you again!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Shawna Lugert · Married on 10/27/2018

Colonel Historic Barn

Sandy & Marshal are wonderful hosts. They made sure that our day was special for us. They were so accommodating and helpful. Everything was spectacular, and the grounds are beautiful. I highly recommend having your special day here.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for selecting us for your big day.
    Weddings is our passion and you had a beautiful wedding, your choice of decorating was superb.
    It was a pleasure getting to know you better.
    Many Happy Days together.

Chelsea Carlson · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfection

This place was perfect for our wedding, beautiful venue, and the people help with anything you may need!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thanks so much Chelsea. Are passion is weddings and making sure your day goes great. Thanks for sharing with us the first day of Mrs. and Mr. We appreciate both of you.

Monty Najar · Married on 09/12/2018

Beautiful Place and Attentive Service!

Total dedication to delivering a wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much. So enjoyed getting to know you.
    WE are pleased everything went smoothly at our new wedding and event venue on the lake. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you also for staying at our lodging facility Lady on the Lake Bed and Breakfast.
    We appreciate you recommending us and telling others about us.

Kally Kratcha · Married on 05/27/2018

Perfect in every way

Sandy and Marshal literally bent over backwards for us to make my daughters graduation memorable. The colonel was perfect in every way possible. The food(kitchen), bar, tables, space, setting was the most convenient having everything right their and accessible for us to use on our occassion. Not to forget the setting with the lake, gorgeous! Also, I have to add, that the handicap accessibility was a huge plus for our guests as well. Thank you Sandy & Marshal for making my daughters graduation everything she had dreamed for that day.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for selecting us Kally.
    We were so glad to be apart of your daughters big day.
    You certainly did an outstanding job organizing the whole day.

Margie · Married on 05/25/2018

We enjoyed our 40th anniversary party in the Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn. Sandy and Marshall did all the work for us, from decorating, to making from scratch cakes. Marshall greeted everyone of our guests with his wonderful smile making us and them feel very comfortable. In the meantime Sandy was busy setting up a wonderful food line which every person complimented. All this in a beautiful historic setting, you won't find a better place to make good memories.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much Marge. Thank you for selecting us.

Jessica · Married on 03/31/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn

The staff was friendly, organized and ready to serve us. This is the best place for indoor or an outdoor wedding. I would recommend this place to anyone especially for the price.

Sent on 03/08/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 26

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica and Cory.
    We provide the venue, and you and your family and children did all the decorating, and what a beautiful job done by all.
    Many happy years together.

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

I highly recommend this venue for ANY occasion. Beautiful outdoor space, enormous indoor rustic with class. The owners are there to help every step of the way, and make you feel like family! My son was married here 10/21/2017. We all were overly impressed from start to finish. The ability to make a few trips there prior to the wedding to enable us the best planning was so convenient. When my other children get married, I will be highly suggesting this venue. Plus, the casino is only 10 minutes away, so stay an extra night at Lady on the Lake Bed & Breakfast, and enjoy a night at the casino!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 27
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 28
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 29

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thanks so much for the beautiful pictures. Thank you also for selecting us.
    We so enjoyed your family and getting to know you.
    Thanks again.

Sharyn B · Married on 08/19/2017

Wonderful experience

Sandy & Marshal are excellent and very professional to work with.
    Bride and groom can say their vows by the beautiful beach or indoors, you can have the caterer of your choice, bus available to take guests to and from motels. My husband & I along with the wedding party stayed at the Lady on the Lake and Sandy was so helpful and also served us delicious meals. Your guests will love this beautiful setting as we had so many compliments. This venue is very reasonable for all the options that are available. This place would be perfect for any celebration. Thanks Sandy & Marshal

Sent on 03/14/2019

Alicia · Married on 08/11/2018

Colonel Hankinson's Historic Barn

The Marshall's were great hosts and helped make sure the festivities ran smoothly and the weekend would be one to remember!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for selecting our venue for you to plan your beautiful wedding.
    You and your family did an amazing job planning, right down to the food your family prepared in the kitchen for the reception.
    Thank you.

Kenzie · Married on 07/14/2018

4.2

Very friendly and flexible. Still new in the business so some processes are non-existent and there was some confusion on a few things last minute but we worked everything out.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for the review. Appreciate you.
    Yes we are new, but dedicated an making sure everything runs smoothly for you.
    As Kenzie pointed out we did fix everything and it was a beautiful wedding.
    Thank you for selecting us. Hope you enjoyed your free suite at Lady on the Lake B & B.

Morgan Ireland · Married on 06/16/2018

Wedding Review

Sandy and Marshall are super friendly, easy to work with, and very accommodating with any of your wedding planning needs. The location makes a very unique and beautiful site for a wedding!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Thank you so much for selecting us for your big day.
    Wedding is our passion, thanks for your helpful suggestions so we can strive to do an awesome job in our new career.
  • Sophia

Sophia Mcgraw · Getting married on 06/05/2021

3.2
      2.0

Beautiful place managed by kind hearted people

The owners and managers of this establishment are very kind hearted people who really do want you to have the best experience. It is reasonably priced for such a beautiful location. the managers are flexible and are easy to get in contact with. I had my wedding here and it all turned out very beautiful.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Adrian · Married on 09/14/2019

2.6
      2.0
      1.0

Beautiful place and budget friendly. However, owners lack communication, organization, and professionalism. They refuse to take responsibility for mistakes and the customer is always wrong. She says she prefers email communication since she has a hearing impairment but even through email she couldn't keep things straight. Their contract was one page when we booked and when asked for a copy it turned into 9 pages. Come to find out it was a 2 year old contract and they hadn't written an updated one yet. We discussed who was staying at the B&B each of the 4 in person visits we made but she never wrote anything down so she ended up booking 6 couples (some of our guests found the B&B on google and we were unaware they called about rooms because the owners never contacted us about it) into 4 rooms and then told me I had to fix it. We were told numerous times if our wedding party stays at the Inn in Hankinson (which they did) they would receive muffins, toast, and juice in the morning. That was never provided which is a shame considering how good her made from scratch muffins were. Wrong alcohol prices were given to us due to her looking at another couples file rather than the master list. When I emailed them after our wedding to give feedback on how our experience could've been better, they wanted us to drive over an hour down there to talk about it in person but only if it was monday-thursday. After I declined I was met with extreme hostility and rage. I believe she was offended because I said her husband was rude for telling my guests to "sit down and shut up" on the shuttle and I was not going to drive an hour for a "he said, she said" discussion that someone with a hearing impairment can only hear half of anyway. The gnats were so bad the day of our wedding my arms looked like I had the chicken pox. See attached pictures of the bug bites, the Inn info, and her unprofessional response to my decline of driving down there.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Being a women in business
    and having a hearing problem has been my greatest challenge. I'm actively
    working with any and all new technology for hearing aids.

I have made great strides.

We wish the best to both of you. Thank you for choosing us.

Sandy and Marshall