16602 94th Street SE, Hankinson, ND 58041 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 44
  • Pricing

About Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn is a restored gothic arch barn located in Hankinson, North Dakota. They’re the largest barn of their kind in the state, boasting a high arch and over 5,000 square feet of event space. This historic venue was built in the 1950s, and sits on five gorgeous acres of land on the shores of Lake Elsie. Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn can’t wait to bring “rustic charm and old-world elegance” to your big day.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 325 guests at this elegant venue. Their spacious barn features vaulted ceilings, warm wood and cafe lights strung across the arch. The hayloft boasts two decks on each side which lead to their newly renovated restrooms. The space is heated, air conditioned and has a stage for your band or DJ. There’s also an outdoor patio with gorgeous views of Lake Elsie, perfect for your cocktail hour.

This full-service venue is only one of four gothic arch barns in North Dakota. They offer all-inclusive packages to ensure your day is a success. There’s a full bar onsite, along with a full kitchen for all of your catering needs. Tables and chairs are included with your wedding package, along with parking for your guests. Additional services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Cleanup
  • Linens
  • Outside vendors
  • Wireless Internet
  • Wheelchair accessible

Accommodation
For overnight accommodations, Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn offers Lady on the Lake Bed and Breakfast. This 19th century mansion sits on the same property as the Historic Barn, and offers four luxury guest rooms with views of Lake Elsie. These charming rooms include private bathrooms, and three of them feature jetted jacuzzis. You and a few of your guests can choose between the following rooms:

• Ms Etta
  • Ms Wipperman
  • Ms Sarah
  • Colonel Hankinson Suite

We also have the Hankinson Inn, which has 7 rooms to choose from. We have rooms with 1 bed or some with up to 3 beds. A block on the rooms can be given for the wedding guests.

Other Services
In addition to hosting your ceremony and reception, this rustic, country-style venue is also happy to host your rehearsal dinner. Additional events they will hold include, but are not limited to:

• Bridal shower

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 6
Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 7

Jocelyn Robinson · Married on 08/10/2019

More than we imagined ❤

This venue was everything and more! Sandy and Marshall are remarkable hosts. I can not say enough about how amazing our experience was! From the first initial email to the follow up, it was all on point. Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the venue and the hospitality of everyone who worked our wedding.
    We will definitely be back to enjoy the gorgeous B&B!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 19
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 20
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 21

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Marshall and I want to thank you so much for selecting us for your beautiful wedding. We so enjoyed working with you. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day.
    Sandy and Marshall

Kelsey · Married on 06/22/2019

Truly amazing venue!

This venue is absolutely amazing! The price was perfect and they have everything you could ask for and many things I didn't even know I needed! Marshall and Sandy were so kind and helpful! They were very flexible when it rained and we had the wedding inside last minute! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding at a more beautiful and perfect place!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 22
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 23
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 24
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 25

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Hi Kelsey and Robert,
    We want to thank you for selecting us. We had a great time getting to know you. You had a beautiful wedding and a wonderful family to work with. Thank you.
    Sandy

Award

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn Pricing

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn Price Rates

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables, Transportation
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 100
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Historic Building, Loft, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party, Elopements, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, Linens
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? November, December

• 16602 94th Street SE Hankinson, ND, 58041 See on map
    701-203-9560 (Phone number)
    701 640 7308 (Other Phone Number)