16602 94th Street SE, Hankinson, ND 58041 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 44
  • Pricing

About Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn is a restored gothic arch barn located in Hankinson, North Dakota. They’re the largest barn of their kind in the state, boasting a high arch and over 5,000 square feet of event space. This historic venue was built in the 1950s, and sits on five gorgeous acres of land on the shores of Lake Elsie. Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn can’t wait to bring “rustic charm and old-world elegance” to your big day.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 325 guests at this elegant venue. Their spacious barn features vaulted ceilings, warm wood and cafe lights strung across the arch. The hayloft boasts two decks on each side which lead to their newly renovated restrooms. The space is heated, air conditioned and has a stage for your band or DJ. There’s also an outdoor patio with gorgeous views of Lake Elsie, perfect for your cocktail hour.

This full-service venue is only one of four gothic arch barns in North Dakota. They offer all-inclusive packages to ensure your day is a success. There’s a full bar onsite, along with a full kitchen for all of your catering needs. Tables and chairs are included with your wedding package, along with parking for your guests. Additional services include:

• Bridal suite
  • Cleanup
  • Linens
  • Outside vendors
  • Wireless Internet
  • Wheelchair accessible

Accommodation
For overnight accommodations, Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn offers Lady on the Lake Bed and Breakfast. This 19th century mansion sits on the same property as the Historic Barn, and offers four luxury guest rooms with views of Lake Elsie. These charming rooms include private bathrooms, and three of them feature jetted jacuzzis. You and a few of your guests can choose between the following rooms:

• Ms Etta
  • Ms Wipperman
  • Ms Sarah
  • Colonel Hankinson Suite

Other Services
In addition to hosting your ceremony and reception, this rustic, country-style venue is also happy to host your rehearsal dinner. Additional events they will hold include, but are not limited to:

• Bridal shower

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 6
Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 7

Jocelyn Robinson · Married on 08/10/2019

More than we imagined ❤

This venue was everything and more! Sandy and Marshall are remarkable hosts. I can not say enough about how amazing our experience was! From the first initial email to the follow up, it was all on point. Our guests were blown away by the beauty of the venue and the hospitality of everyone who worked our wedding.
    We will definitely be back to enjoy the gorgeous B&B!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 23
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 24
    Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn 25

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn's reply:

Marshall and I want to thank you so much for selecting us for your beautiful wedding. We so enjoyed working with you. Thank you for letting us be apart of your big day.
    Sandy and Marshall
  • Miranda

Miranda Rose Tesch · Married on 11/30/2018

Gorgeous barn, Dream wedding!

Wow, HUGE thank you for being the most kind, and understanding people to help me with my wedding. I am huge on cleanliness and everything was 100% up to par with my expectations. The barn was gorgeous, and the property was perfect for all my fairy tale photos I had in mind for my special day. The bed and Breakfast was perfect for accommodating all my family and friends for the night before my special day.. words can not express how smooth everything went, and how happy they were to work with every one of my demands. I HIGHLY recommend to all people who think about having their wedding here. Thank you again!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Award

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn Pricing

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn Price Rates

Colonel Hankinson Historic Barn FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,083.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Historic Building, Loft, Waterfront
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide? Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Photo booth, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Linens
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? November, December

• 16602 94th Street SE Hankinson, ND, 58041 See on map
    701-203-9560 (Phone number)
    701 640 7308 (Other Phone Number)