34 Reviews for Cobalt Strings

String-Quartet (3)
Cocktail Hour (3)
Instrumental-Duo (1)
34 Cobalt Strings Reviews

AMAZING! We had the Cobalt Strings play for our ceremony on April 21, 2018 at the Georgian Terrace Hotel, and they were outstanding. I worked with Amber throughout the process, and she is so knowledgeable, easy-going, calm, professional, and communicative. We talked on the phone and via email several times throughout the months leading up to the wedding, and we were VERY excited about their set list and the music for our wedding. Amber is extremely creative and artistic, and she actually wrote the string music to an acoustic version of Latch by Sam Smith to be the song that I walked down the aisle to. She worked with my coordinator, our Officiant, and myself on the timing of Latch so that I walked down at the perfect time. It was everything I wanted it to be, and our guests commented on how amazing the music was!

Profile Picture Payton, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: String-Trio, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, Cello, Viola, Violin

Cobalt Strings played beautifully for our daughters wedding ceremony and cocktail time. We got many compliments on them from our guest. The music during cocktails was a very nice touch. I emailed Amber numerous times for advice on different things and she responded quickly. She was very helpful. All three ladies playing were dressed nice & professional. I would highly recommend Cobalt Strings!

Profile Picture Jan, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings was so wonderful to work with for my wedding! They were extremely professional and also very kind to us. Their quality of music and help coming up with songs for my ceremony was top notch. I would definitely suggest them to others for their wedding!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: String-Trio, Ceremony

Amber and the ladies of Cobalt Strings played for our wedding ceremony in October at the Historic DeKalb Courthouse. Amber was incredible to work with leading up to the wedding day - she was so responsive and provided wonderful suggestions. She helped us work through our music decisions to curate the appropriate feel for our wedding. They did an amazing job on our wedding day! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We used Cobalt Strings for our wedding in October and couldn't have been more pleased! Amber and team agreed to learn two new songs for our ceremony (one by Of Monsters and Men and the other by The Lumineers) and it sounded even better than I imagined. Highly responsive and organized. 5 stars!

Profile Picture Mary Caperton, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt strings played my ceremony music for my wedding in October. They were amazing from the planning to performance. They play such a wide variety and Amber was so helpful throughout the planning.

Profile Picture ASHLEY, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings played for us during our wedding ceremony at Foxhall Resort. They were simply amazing! Added the romantic touch I was looking for! My groom said his favorite part were them playing as I walked down the aisle! Everything about them are wonderful!

Profile Picture Courtni, 10/7/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, String-Trio, Ceremony

I believe that music is what ultimately gets to one’s heart and soul. My husband and I hired Cobalt Strings for our wedding ceremony at The University Yacht Club. I remember standing outside the chapel waiting for our procession...and chills ran through my body as I heard the intro to our special music. As soon as we walked into the chapel I heard the most beautiful, heavenly sound played by Amber and her team. Prior to the wedding, Amber, my husband and I discussed our music list for the wedding in great detail. She patiently listened as we described to her the ambiance that my husband and I were going for. Amber proved to be super knowledgeable and she gave us song ideas that we didn't even think about but fit perfectly with our themes --- a true sign of a professional! At the end of the wedding day, many of our friends and family told us how much they enjoyed Amber and her team's performance. You can't go wrong choosing Cobalt Strings... our guests were so impressed that they are actually booking Amber and her team for their upcoming events.

Profile Picture Michael, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: String-Trio, Ceremony, Instrumentals, Cello, Viola, Violin

Cobalt Strings played for our daughter's wedding at The Chimneys at Big Canoe on Sunday, August 6, 2017. They were absolutely amazing! We had so many wonderful comments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the beautiful music. You just cannot go wrong with this wonderful trio! Thank you Cobalt Strings for making our daughter's wedding absolutely perfect!

Profile Picture Ruby, 8/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings made our wedding day so very special! They were very to work with and they even helped us customize a special song for the ceremony. Everyone loved the special touch they added to our big day! They are extremely easy to work with and very professional! I couldn't imagine our wedding day without them!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings provided a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were terrific! Very professional, reasonably priced, and true artists. I'm a classical music snob, and although I only was able to hear the last few pieces of the prelude and the ceremony music, I was extremely impressed with their technical artistry. They have a broad repertoire, encompassing both classical music and arrangements of modern music (our cocktail hour included a lot of Beetles and Cold Play). They were extremely easy to work with, and most communications were easily done by email.

Profile Picture William, 6/24/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: String-Trio, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Amber at Cobalt Strings was so easy to work with. I knew I wanted nontraditional music, but didn't know much more than that--she did a great job helping us choose songs that fit our vision. The trio was a perfect touch of elegance on our big day!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Trio, Ceremony, Learn New Songs

Cobalt Strings is A M A Z I N G ! Cobalt Strings was one of the best most accommodating vendors that I worked with during my wedding planning process. Not only were they professional and easy to work with, but their music was right on point. I spoke to Cobalt Strings about coordinating with my DJ for music that I wanted play during my wedding ceremony, and they did just that to ensure that they played at their designated time and did not interfere with the DJ. Overall, I would highly recommend working with Cobalt Strings; not only did the beautiful music add a nice touch to our wedding, but I feel like I got a great bang for my buck. I’m a very picky person when it comes to quality and delivery of service, and I can truly say Cobalt Strings blew my expectations. This will be the best money that you spend on your wedding day to add a nice touch of class and romance 

Profile Picture Natasha, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Amber Dobbs and Cobalt Strings were a pleasure to work with. We had a string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Amber made everything easy when it came to choosing our music and understanding the flow of our ceremony. The music was beautiful! Cobalt Strings is made up of true artists that are very professional. I would highly recommend Cobalt Strings.

Profile Picture Gina, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings played for our ceremony at our wedding at Fox Hall in Douglasville, Georgia. Me and my husband are musicians so it was important for us to have great musicians playing. Cobalt Strings did a fantastic job! They were easy to work with from start to finish. They have a great repertoire of music to choose from, and they found two new songs at our request. They even added our exit some to their list :) We highly recommend this group for your event!

Profile Picture Bethany, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings was the icing on the cake for our wedding day! They were very responsive and professional. I worked with Amber who guided me through the experience and she was fantastic. Their music is BEAUTIFUL and makes your day so special. I picked 8 or so songs from the list they provided during the seating of the guests. I wanted to walk down to my favorite song "Come away with me" by Norah jones and they found the sheet music and learned it in time for my big day. All of my guest complimented Cobalt Strings and thought they were amazing. They add elegance that was spot on with what I had envisioned for my big day. I cant say enough wonderful things about them!

Profile Picture cori, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Amber and Cobalt Strings were easy to work with and set clear expectations leading up to our wedding. They have a great selection of songs, were prompt, and sound absolutely amazing.

Profile Picture Evan, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My only advice would be.... hire them! They were WONDERFUL! The Cobalt Strings were so easy to communicate with and made our day extra special. Not only are they talented, but Amber was great in helping me choose some very important pieces. We could not have been happier!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I absolutely adored these girls. Our wedding experience with them was phenomenal. Had many guests raving about their talent. Would absolutely recommend to my family and friends in a heart beat. Incredible talent!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Cobalt Strings was the perfect addition to our wedding! The string duo that we booked completely set the mood for our romantic and religious outdoor ceremony. Amber was a treat to work with throughout the entire process, and was eager to help me work through my song selections to ensure they fit our vision perfectly. Their repertoire list is diverse, and gave us the opportunity to select both classical and modern pieces! The moment I heard the violin and cello playing Canon in D as I walked down the aisle, I was completely overtaken with emotion. They play flawlessly, are a pleasure to work with, and were competitively priced as well!

Profile Picture Jenna, 11/26/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Ceremony, Cello, Violin

I hired Cobalt Strings to play during the ceremony and cocktail hour for my November 2016 wedding and could not have been happier with the results. They were easy to work with and played beautiful music. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for a string trio.

Profile Picture Kristi, 11/5/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Trio

The music performed by Cobalt Strings at our ceremony was truly one of the highlights of my wedding day. Amber was very easy to work with and was so helpful when picking out ceremony music. The group played beautiful renditions of traditional songs that had me in tears, and capped the ceremony off wonderfully by learning my groom's non-traditional recessional pick, the theme from The Magnificent Seven. I would highly recommend Amber and Cobalt Strings to anyone looking for a string group.

Profile Picture Danae, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Learn New Songs, String-Trio

The ladies of Cobalt Strings were incredible! Amber replied to my inquiries very promptly via email (my preference). I was very nervous about all our vendors arriving on time on our wedding day, and Cobalt Strings arrived at least 1.5 hours before our ceremony start time. I could hear them practicing while we were doing pre-ceremony photos, and it put me at ease knowing they were there early and ready to go! We had to shift our plans at the last minute (moving indoors due to rain), but they accommodated and were exactly where they were supposed to be without me telling them anything! The music was beautiful --- I highly recommend the full quartet. We just provided a list of songs from their list, and they played all of them wonderfully. You will have one less thing to worry about if you select Cobalt Strings because they take care of everything for you. Thanks, ladies!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/18/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Quartet

Our Daughter was married in September of 2016 and I can't believe I'm only just now writing a review! Interacting with Ms. Dobbs was such an easy process and our experience was so delightful.

Prior to the wedding, all questions were answered and we received all contract information in a timely fashion. (All communication was done via email or phone.) After signing the contract, a few small questions and requests came up, and those were treated with equal professionalism. We had asked for a song that wasn't on their list, but they found the music for it and made it happen. I am a bit of a hyper-organized person when it comes to events I host and, given that I'd never had a face to face meeting with Ms. Dobbs, I did make contact the week of the wedding to confirm that we were all set. Of course, we were.

The day of the wedding I honestly didn't even need to introduce myself if I didn't want. The ladies arrived ahead of time, just as they had said they would, they set up and played for our guests seating and, although I am not sure the bride remembers the requested song being played at all, I do, and it was lovely!

We also had the ladies play during cocktail hour which even our guests commented that it was a treat.

We have another daughter getting married soon and as soon as we have a date set, I hope to be able to book Cobalt Strings again.

Profile Picture Bianca, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learn New Songs, String-Trio, Violin

Cobalt Strings did a phenomenal job providing pre-ceremony and ceremony music for my wedding. From the start, I knew I would have nothing to worry about, as Amber was extremely responsive and helpful in providing any information we needed. She was everything you need a wedding vendor to be! They already have a great repertoire of songs to choose from that includes both classic and contemporary music, but Amber was able to purchase sheet music to fulfill a few additional requests we had with no problem. The only regret I have is that I didn't get to hear the beautiful music, as the wedding party was waiting in a different area than the ceremony space. Everyone we spoke with during cocktail hour was raving about how much they enjoyed the string quartet, and they were surprised by the amount of contemporary songs they played. I would highly recommend working with Cobalt Strings - these ladies are very talented, professional, and accommodating to your needs.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews