Cobalt Strings Reviews

1 User photo

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2019

Ceremony + Cocktail Hour Music

Could not recommend Cobalt Strings more! They played before/after our ceremony and during cocktail hour- they were wonderful! Everyone loved their music and we got many compliments! Amber was easy to work with, flexible and super helpful in making suggestions!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Tara

Tara McCarthy · Married on 10/26/2019

Best wedding decision we made!

Cobalt Strings wrote the music for and learned a song outside their repertoire for our processional and executed it flawlessly. They rehearsed the day of with our friend and vocalist prior to the ceremony, and were able to make changes on the fly, including where they'd be set up for both the prelude/ceremony and cocktail hour due to rain. We couldn't be happier with the results, and so many of our guests raved about them too. They are responsive, incredibly talented, hard working and all around amazing. If you're on the fence about live musicians, hop off and book them now!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Jon Darby · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic!

Amber and her team made our day! Amber was so easy to work with in getting everything set up, provided helpful nudges when she needed music ideas (and a list of songs they typically use!), and asked questions to make sure she would deliver on our vision.

They played such beautiful music for our garden party and ceremony. We highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 12/03/2019
  • SummerBrideInAutumn

Summer · Married on 10/12/2019

Great Trio

I hired Cobalt Strings to play for both my ceremony and my cocktail hour. Communication and planning with Amber was a breeze. She always returned my emails quickly and helped me choose my musical selections. Unfortunately, I only heard the few pieces they played during the actual ceremony since I was in hiding during the prelude and we were taking pictures during the entire cocktail hour. Guests loved the ambiance the trio created, though, and I had many people comment that Cobalt Strings elevated my event to the next level. These ladies are a class act!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Ashley Bartholomew · Married on 10/05/2019

Beautiful!

Cobalt Strings were absolutely amazing, they played beautifully and were so responsive and easy to work with. One of my favorite memories was listening to them play during the cocktail hour while taking a moment with my husband away from the party. They have an extensive repertoire, and I loved that they would arrange a special song if they didn't know the one you wanted.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Tracey Chu · Married on 09/28/2019

Great musicians!

I wanted something different for my ceremony and Cobalt Strings more than delivered! The arrangement was great and the music sounded wonderful!

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Emily Anne Smith · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing!!! Don't hesitate in hiring them!!

Cobalt Strings is amazing!! They played at both my wedding ceremony, and the cocktail hour afterword. They were on time, professional: both in their appearance and how they communicated with other vendors and guests, reasonably priced, and just overall super sweet! We received so many compliments. They communicated in advance so we could send them our requests, which they honored. For the rest they chose a beautiful mix of classical music that set the mood for the entire evening, which was exactly what we wanted. We were so pleased with them and would absolutely hire them again if we ever needed live music! Definitely hire them!!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Parker · Married on 07/31/2019

Wonderful, caring artists

Cobalt Strings was a joy to work with both leading up to our wedding day and day-of. My husband had them write "Sunflower" for the bridal party entrance. It was spectacular! They even sent us a copy of the sheet music as a keepsake. I highly recommend Amber and Cobalt Strings for your special day. Thank you so much, Cobalt Strings!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Peggy

Peggy Campbell · Married on 06/08/2019

My favorite part of our big day!

Completely blew me away! I could hear their beautiful playing while I was sitting nervously in the brides room and couldn’t help but get teary eyed. They exceeded all expectations.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

Gorgeous Musical Experience

Cobalt Strings was recommended to us by our planner, and I am SO glad that she sent their name our way! They are an incredibly talented group, and they made our ceremony sound absolutely beautiful. They even sent us the sheet music for the arrangement they wrote for a song we requested that was not on their list! They are also incredibly easy to work with - super responsive and straightforward. My only regret is that in the whirlwind of the day, I didn't get a chance to say hi or thank them! They were absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get our video back so that I can listen to the music again. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful music, easy to work with, 100% recommended

Cobalt Strings created a wonderful atmosphere for both our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They brought up the level of elegance that we were aiming for. In addition, they are terrific to work with: they are professional, friendly, and responsive. They were more than willing to accommodate one wacky song request that I gave them prior to the wedding. They also have a HUGE selection of songs from many genres that are well laid out on their website. Thanks, Cobalt Strings!

Sent on 05/06/2020

Gerald Isaac · Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful group with great range

Cobalt Strings was the perfect compliment to our wedding! Leading up to ceremony, Amber was extremely easy to work with and happy to accommodate requests and she was quick to respond to any questions. Their music was excellent and with their repertoire, we were able to use them for both traditional music during the ceremony and more contemporary music during our cocktail hour. Thanks again for helping to make our wedding day so special!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Meredith Wagner · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Music

The ladies of Cobalt Strings were amazing! Not only did they sound beautiful during our ceremony and cocktail hour but they were incredibly easy to work with. They have a vast catalog of songs which is exactly what I was looking for. Also, they were open to working with me on picking each of the songs I wanted to hear.

I highly recommend them for anyone getting married!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Hollis · Married on 11/03/2018

Great wedding experience!

I’d highly suggest Cobalt Strings! Amber was incredibly easy to work with and they did a great job!

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Charla

Charla · Married on 10/27/2018

The perfect touch of elegance to add to the day.

Amber and the ladies of Cobalt Strings were amazing! They have a huge catalog of music to choose from, but they also were able to accommodate my request for a special selection to be played during our unity ceremony. They played during both the ceremony and the cocktail hour, and I recieved so many comments on what a lovely addition their music was to the evening.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Dedra Thomas · Married on 10/20/2018

Cobalt Strings

Cobalt Strings was great! Very professional and easy to work with. They sounded amazing at my vineyard wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2018

mandie · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Addition

I loved working with cobalt strings! I will say the added value of live music is tremendous and completely worth it, however, the luxury was out of my budget. I couldn’t say no to classic music because it speaks to my heart, so we went with the added cost.
    If you can afford this fabulous addition to your day I would 100% recommend this group!
    Working with Amber was seamless and easy to coordinate. I trusted them with all of my choices. I can’t wait to get the ceremony video back with their lovely soundtrack in the background.

Shannon · Married on 09/22/2018

Incredible!

One of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding was hiring Cobalt Strings! My husband and I are huge lovers of music, but we were completely stumped on how to incorporate it into our ceremony. We found the perfect solution in Cobalt Strings.

They are the sweetest, most responsive and helpful people to work with. Amber and I traded many an email and had a great phone conversation about what we wanted for our music, and she gave me great ideas and thoughts on how to best incorporate some traditional and contemporary music into everything perfectly. Cobalt Strings' repertoire is so great and has so many wonderful options.

I'll never forget how I felt when I heard such beautiful music playing just before I walked down the aisle. It actually calmed my nerves! In addition, the feeling I felt walking down the aisle with my dad, looking at my groom and hearing my favorite hymn playing was something I hope I never forget, and Cobalt Strings made that feeling possible!

We have not stopped getting amazing compliments from our friends and family about the music at our ceremony, which brings a smile to my face every time!

I highly recommend Cobalt Strings - they will make your day even more perfect!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Joya Talhouk, and Corinne & Will Dillard · Married on 06/30/2018

Corinne and Will's wedding 6.30.18

Everything about Cobalt Strings is impressive: consistent communication, desire to fulfill the customer's vision, reasonable price, reliable service, professional in every way, and BEAUTIFUL music.

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/10/2018

Rain or Shine - Cobalt made it happen!

I worked mostly with Amber to coordinator our wedding day and she was very responsive and helpful with our song selection! Also it POURED rain right about the time our (outside) ceremony was about to start, so we postponed for about 30 minutes, gathered up and restarted and they didn't even blink an eye! The music was beautiful and I'm so thankful they were flexible and still made it happen!

Payton · Married on 04/21/2018

AMAZING! We had the Cobalt Strings play for our ceremony on April 21, 2018 at the Georgian Terrace Hotel, and they were outstanding. I worked with Amber throughout the process, and she is so knowledgeable, easy-going, calm, professional, and communicative. We talked on the phone and via email several times throughout the months leading up to the wedding, and we were VERY excited about their set list and the music for our wedding. Amber is extremely creative and artistic, and she actually wrote the string music to an acoustic version of Latch by Sam Smith to be the song that I walked down the aisle to. She worked with my coordinator, our Officiant, and myself on the timing of Latch so that I walked down at the perfect time. It was everything I wanted it to be, and our guests commented on how amazing the music was!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Jan · Married on 03/24/2018

Cobalt Strings played beautifully for our daughters wedding ceremony and cocktail time. We got many compliments on them from our guest. The music during cocktails was a very nice touch. I emailed Amber numerous times for advice on different things and she responded quickly. She was very helpful. All three ladies playing were dressed nice & professional. I would highly recommend Cobalt Strings!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Lindsey · Married on 11/04/2017

Cobalt Strings was so wonderful to work with for my wedding! They were extremely professional and also very kind to us. Their quality of music and help coming up with songs for my ceremony was top notch. I would definitely suggest them to others for their wedding!!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Christina · Married on 10/28/2017

Amber and the ladies of Cobalt Strings played for our wedding ceremony in October at the Historic DeKalb Courthouse. Amber was incredible to work with leading up to the wedding day - she was so responsive and provided wonderful suggestions. She helped us work through our music decisions to curate the appropriate feel for our wedding. They did an amazing job on our wedding day! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Mary Caperton · Married on 10/21/2017

We used Cobalt Strings for our wedding in October and couldn't have been more pleased! Amber and team agreed to learn two new songs for our ceremony (one by Of Monsters and Men and the other by The Lumineers) and it sounded even better than I imagined. Highly responsive and organized. 5 stars!

Sent on 11/30/2017