Coastal Shots Photography Reviews

Coastal Shots Photography 5
Coastal Shots Photography 6
Coastal Shots Photography 7

Lauren · Getting married on 06/06/2020

We got our engagement photos done by Ryan during our vacation in the Outer Banks. From the beginning, he was super quick with responding and answering all of my questions. The photoshoot itself was so much better than we anticipated, as we have never gotten professional photos done before. We felt so at ease and he made the experience such a positive one. He got all of the great poses and shots that we had in mind and had a great creative eye. All of our photos are gorgeous, natural looking and were emailed to us within 24 hours! Overall, it was an amazing 45 minutes that flew by! Thanks again Ryan!
    Lauren & Rick

Coastal Shots Photography 8
    Coastal Shots Photography 9
    Coastal Shots Photography 10
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/01/2018

Best photographers!

Coastal Shots did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. We loved working with this husband & wife team. They responded to our emails very quickly, and were very professional. They thought of every little detail. I am beyond impressed by their work! Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING! They were able to get our pictures back to us within two weeks after our wedding. We decided last minute to add the photo booth to our wedding day services, and Coastal Shots was able to provide that and create a unique photo strip logo just for us. They were a pleasure to work with, and we highly recommend them. We hope to use Coastal Shots for family photos in the future!

Coastal Shots Photography 11
    Coastal Shots Photography 12
    Coastal Shots Photography 13
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Mccubbins · Married on 11/08/2018

Just the Best!!!

We have known Ryan and Hayley for a while now, so it was only natural to ask them to be our photographers. They truly took it to the next level. Considering we had to move our wedding date up a day due to weather, Ryan replied with no stress at all and made it happen. They made us feel at ease when taking pictures considering Michael and I are not huge fans of getting a lot of pictures taken of us. I would recommend these 2 to anyone. We absolutely loved all the photos despite the crazy high winds we were dealing with. Love these 2 to pieces.

Kaitlynn · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Ryan and Haley were wonderful to work with. They stayed in contact and made sure to reach out before the big day. I really appreciated the package Coastal Shots offered and the flash drive you receive along with the digital downloads after the wedding. Awesome people, and fantastic work!

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Meghan and Dave 10-20-2018

Ryan and Hayley are absolutely lovely!!! When we were on vacation, we met with them (only photographers we met) and my fiance's words when we left were, "I don't need to meet with anyone else!" They are both personable and just fun to be around. We didn't have engagement pics done right away, so when we were down on vacation the following summer, Ryan found time and worked us in. I couldn't of asked for a better couple to capture our special day then both of them!!!! They definitely are the perfect pair for your wedding day!!!!

Coastal Shots Photography 14
    Coastal Shots Photography 15
    Coastal Shots Photography 16
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible Photography and Incredible People

Ryan and Hayley of Coastal Shots Photgraphy not only produced phenomenal photography for our engagement pictures and our wedding day, their calming and kind presence helped set the tone for our wedding day and keep everyone at the event having a great time. We lived in the Outer Banks at the time of our engagement shoot, and had to reschedule THREE times due to the weather, and Ryan was so accommodating and flexible through it all. As soon as we met him, we were immediately at ease and knew we were in good hands. Then the day of the wedding, some of my favorite memories are of Hayley helping to have my dress fall just the right way in the pictures, or looking up at Ryan on the dance floor taking great action shots of all our guests and smiling and singing along like an old friend. Our guests favorite thing at the wedding was of course their awesome photo booth (it's so worth it to add on everyone!!) and we have the photo booth album on our coffee table to look through and laugh and smile at every chance we get. Our favorite shots of the day (both from the engagement shoot and the wedding) are the sneaky ones that we didn't even know were happening - like the shot of us and the clouds, or through the bushes in the Gardens when we had just walked away from the ceremony as man and wife for the first time and were stealing a kiss before everyone else caught up to us. I honestly can't say enough good things about Coastal Shots, we love every picture they took and will hold them close to our hearts forever, and we loved working with this amazing husband and wife team. If you have any doubts please just trust me, it will be the best decision you make for you wedding. Thank you so much, Ryan and Hayley!! We are going to miss working with you!

Coastal Shots Photography 17
    Coastal Shots Photography 18
    Coastal Shots Photography 19
    Coastal Shots Photography 20
    Coastal Shots Photography 21
    Coastal Shots Photography 22
    Coastal Shots Photography 23

Patrick · Married on 09/08/2018

Ryan and Hayley are UNBELIEVABLE. They captured our proposal, engagement photos, and wedding. They were SO easy to work with and a ton of fun. My wife and I are both camera shy, but Ryan and Hayley ALWAYS made us feel comfortable. They also have great eyes for atmospheres/locations that make for phenomenal photos. I promise you -- look no further -- Ryan and Hayley were the BEST wedding choice we made. We hope they make your special occasion as special as they made ours.

Coastal Shots Photography 24
    Coastal Shots Photography 29
    Coastal Shots Photography 30
    Coastal Shots Photography 31

Erin · Married on 08/26/2018

I had my wedding recently in Duck, NC and live in CT so finding vendors was definitely stressful at first. Then I booked my photographer and was able to meet with Ryan a few months prior to the big day! From the first time we met with him, we knew he was going to be awesome to work with. We just got our gallery of photos and needless to say I am absolutely blown away! As we are going through the day he gave us a sneak peek on a few, so I knew they were going to be good! But going through all of the pictures now, not only do I feel like I’m back at my wedding, but I am seeing all these amazing moments that happened throughout the day that I didn’t see at the time! Ryan and Haley are an amazing team and truly capture every moment, Really focusing on the candid moments that make for the best pictures! If you are looking for the best photographer to hire for your wedding hands down this is the best choice!

Coastal Shots Photography 32
    Coastal Shots Photography 33
    Coastal Shots Photography 34
    Coastal Shots Photography 35

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding in Corolla and used Coastal shots photography for our wedding pictures. We had met Ryan once prior to our wedding the year before and since that initial meeting we knew we were in good hands! Ryan was always quick to respond and stayed in contact all the way up to our wedding. We received our wedding pictures 2 weeks after our wedding which I thought was unbelievable, and the quality of the pictures were absolutely AMAZING! We loved each and every one of them. Ryan and his team captured every special moment and then some! All of our friends and families loved the pictures as well and couldn't believe how perfect they turned out! I will also say that Ryan and his team made the experience comfortable and fun at the same time. We were not put in awkward positions and everything felt so natural which we feel made for better pictures. If you are on edge and unsure of who to use for wedding photos, engagement pictures, or simply family portraits we would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ryan and Haley for the job! They are amazing and you won't be disappointed with the results. Also I must say we go to the outer banks every year for our family vacation and we can't wait to book a family photo shoot with them in the future! Thanks Coastal Shots for everything!!

Coastal Shots Photography 36
    Coastal Shots Photography 44
    Coastal Shots Photography 45
  • Z

zack · Married on 08/04/2018

Ryan and Hayley were a dream to work with from the start. Everything was extremely easy going. This team is as professional as it gets. Our engagement photos looked amazing and so far we are loving our wedding photos and can't wait to see the rest. If you are looking for photographers who will capture your wedding day the way you have always envisioned and want to walk away feeling like you have made new friends, then going with Coastal Shots is the perfect fit. I am so happy we picked them and I promise you will too.

• Hayley

Hayley · Married on 08/04/2018

5 Stars for a reason

we went with Coastal shots and where very happy with our experience as well as with the results. They felt like just two friends we where meeting up for coffee when we met. Our experience both for our engagement shoot and for our wedding both where fun.

Please consider them for your wedding. You will not regret it.

Kylie · Married on 07/19/2018

Ryan and Hayley were honestly the best photographers I have ever worked with. We used them for our engagement session which was supposed to be scheduled during our wedding planning visit in March 2018 but there was a storm in the Outer Banks so we were not able to go on the beach for the shoot. Ryan and Hayley immediately suggested that we still do the shoot when we come down the week of our wedding, so we did! It was the perfect way to start a week of vacation. We ended our vacation with the wedding which Ryan and Hayley also shot for us. Ryan was so easy to communicate with during the wedding planning process I never had to worry about a thing! He had so many ideas when the time came to take pictures and you do not feel pressured or awkward. I loved that they both took pictures of things that you don't always catch at a wedding. Your wedding day is such a whirlwind there isn't possibly enough time to see and look at everything - but they made sure they captured it! The pictures came out beautiful, there isn't one that I do not love! I also love that you can download and print the pictures right from the gallery link that Ryan sends you, that is a huge bonus! Overall, my experience with them was perfect, they are two very great people who love what they do. I plan to use them for future shoots, as we will always visit the Outer Banks!

Coastal Shots Photography 46
    Coastal Shots Photography 47
    Coastal Shots Photography 48

Lorraine · Married on 07/06/2018

Ryan & Haley shot our wedding. They were great to work with from the first email inquiry to the final correspondence, when they sent us all of the photos (digitally). You can check out the quality of their work on their website at http://www.coastalshots.com. As we were deciding on a photographer & then getting organized for our big day, Ryan was quick to respond to emails & helpful with suggestions. The contract & arrangements were all simple & straight forward. When we wanted to do something out of the ordinary, he explained why it hadn't worked well for him in the past, but cheerfully agreed to it when we still wanted it that way. During the wedding, they were great at sticking to the schedule & getting all the desired shots, but also keeping it all relaxed fun; they quickly got the feel of our event & worked with it. We especially like that we paid for their photography services & then we own & can access all of the photos to make as many prints as we like, & can share the online gallery with friends & family. Ryan did a family shoot for friends of ours, & we are so pleased & grateful that they recommended him. He & Haley were so professional & a complete joy to work with.

Coastal Shots Photography 49
    Coastal Shots Photography 50

Darlene · Married on 06/25/2018

Above and beyond! Excellent family photos. We are thrilled with the results. Extremely nice and responsive. We appreciate you!!

Desirae · Married on 06/24/2018

Ryan was so awesome! He is very kind and patient, which is a blessing when dealing with our crowd and family, haha. He kept things light and fun. We cannot wait to get our pictures back :)

Jenna · Married on 06/12/2018

Ryan was awesome!! He is so easy going and made me and wedding party all feel comfortable. Ryan showed up right on time as I was getting my makeup done and he introduced himself and got right to work. I planned my wedding via email from the west coast and Ryan was always prompt with his responsiveness and easy to get ahold of. I would recommend Costal Shots Photography to anyone!! Thank you again Ryan!!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

Ryan and Hayley were an absolute dream to work with. After my venue, they were my next vendor I had to have! They came HIGHLY recommended by two friends of mine who also used them for their own weddings in the OBX. (Both of their photos were incredible, so I had no doubt they'd knock it out of the park with mine!) Ryan and I had all of our communication through email prior to the wedding, and he was always SO responsive to any questions I had. They are the most friendly duo, and made our entire wedding party feel so comfortable throughout the day. Many of my bridesmaids commented how easy going and professional both Ryan and Hayley were, and I honestly couldn't agree more. They told us that our photos would be ready in 3-4 weeks, and we got them ahead of when they promised! We are absolutely in love with the photos, and are so thrilled we have these to cherish forever. Your biggest mistake would be not booking them!!

Coastal Shots Photography 51
    Coastal Shots Photography 57
    Coastal Shots Photography 58
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/01/2018

Ryan went above and beyond the call of duty for our beach wedding June 1st in Nags Head! We are so pleased with the outcome of our wedding photographs. Everyone was very impressed with the professionalism and attentiveness to our expectations. Considering how hot it was outside and the chaos going on, no one noticed in the pictures! The image quality of each photo turned out really nice. Ryan and Hayley managed to really capture everyone's personalities in our photos. We are very thankful we chose the Coastal Shots team to capture our perfect wedding moments to enjoy for years to come!

Coastal Shots Photography 59
    Coastal Shots Photography 66
    Coastal Shots Photography 67
    Coastal Shots Photography 68

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2018

Ryan and Hayley were absolutely a dream to work with! Ryan was the first to respond when I inquired about photography for our wedding in the Outer Banks. I just had a good feeling about the way he responded and the professionalism that came behind it. He was responsive to all of my questions and requests and even met us almost a year before our wedding while we were vacationing in the OBX to go over our wedding vision. The day of the wedding, I felt like Ryan and Hayley were instantly friends of ours vs. strangers taking pictures while we were getting ready. While they were very professional, they have a warmness about them that makes you feel at ease. (I have had some friend's wedding photographers be so stiff and not personable that I would know the difference!) The whole wedding they were snapping pictures but you never felt like they were overbearing or "in the way." Even when we had silly requests they were happy to oblige. The pictures we took on the beach at sunset were amazing (they showed us a quick glimpse on the camera). We haven't received our pictures yet, but I know they will be nothing short of amazing! If you are looking for professional, fun, talented, and personable photographers look no further than Ryan and Hayley! They are truly the best around!

Jenna · Married on 05/14/2018

Ryan and Hayley are AMAZING!!! I was really anxious when looking for a photographer – I have been in enough weddings to know the crucial role they play in your wedding day (and not just because of the lasting memories they create visually) – but from the first email I received from Ryan, I knew I was in the BEST of hands. Ryan is extremely responsive and very detailed. He answered all of my questions before I could even ask them. He was so easy to work with and very flexible. Since we lived out of state, we decided to plan a fairly last minute trip down to OBX to do some pre-planning. We asked Ryan if we could do an engagement shoot during our time down there (to get comfortable with him and the camera) and he was so accommodating. He was willing to schedule the shoot immediately following my hair/makeup trail to ensure I got the total experience. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch!! Ryan and Hayley were SO fun to work with and made us feel so comfortable (not to mention they are the cutest couple ever!). They were patient, comforting and overall just genuinely wonderful people. Our photos are breathtaking!! I wish I could share the entire album because there is not one photo we don’t love (even the ones later in the night after we’d been drinking and dancing). They caught so many special, candid moments – those are the memories that last a lifetime. I cannot thank them enough for making our day one to remember! I would highly recommend Coastal Shots Photography to anyone and everyone! We cannot wait to use Ryan & Hayley again for future milestones!

Coastal Shots Photography 69
    Coastal Shots Photography 70
    Coastal Shots Photography 71
    Coastal Shots Photography 72

Kate · Married on 05/11/2018

Ryan was AMAZING! He was great with posing and told us exactly what we needed to do so we could get back to partying! He had our pictures done about a week and a half later and they are absolutely gorgeous! We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer! Thanks, Ryan!!

Jacqueline · Married on 11/11/2017

Hayley and Ryan are simply AMAZING! They were organized and helpful from start to finish. Their work from bridal portraits to the day of were beautiful! They are both down to earth and easy to work with. I would highly recommend their services! We can't wait to use them in the future for family photos.

Dorothy · Married on 10/27/2017

We can't even express how awesome Ryan and Hayley are. They were amazing to work with! Everything flowed seamlessly and our photos are amazing - unique, not too formal or overly posed, and modern. We planned everything ourselves and didn't have a day of coordinator but it honestly felt like Ryan took on that role. He made sure we stayed on time (with our bridal party of 18!) and helped me navigate minor hiccups that came up with other vendors. We think every moment of our wedding was captured beautifully. Booking Coastal Shots was the first and easiest decision we made for our wedding and we are SO happy with the results.

Krista · Married on 10/20/2017

Ryan did our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out absolutely amazing! We usually don't love having our pictures taken, but Ryan made it an easy, comfortable experience & we actually ended up having so much fun!! The photo booth was a huge hit at the reception and he even brought us a guest book for the photo strips. He and Haley even helped us with our timeline which was super helpful. Even though we got married in the peak of wedding season, we got our photos back within a few weeks and can't believe how great they turned out! Highly recommend!!