Coastal Shots Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Kacee R. Getting married on 02/09/2022

Absolutely Amazing!!

I can't even explain how happy we were with our services. We had a great experience with Coastal Shots Photography. Ryan was so flexible when we had to reschedule and re-plan our wedding because of COVID-19. All of our emails were responded to promptly with friendliness and professionalism. Working with Coastal Shots was so easy from the day we first inquired about a contract to even after we received our photos. The photos turned out amazing!! Ryan clearly knows what he is doing and has such talent. It was one less thing to worry about on our wedding day because we were able to trust Ryan to capture everything we wanted. If you are looking for a photographer, look no further because Coastal Shots Photography is PERFECT!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 09/01/2021

Magical rainbows

Ryan is hands down amazing! he fit right in with our family and friends and ugh the chicken nuggets best ;) *my maid of honor had chicken nuggets in her pockets ;)
    Ryan and Val 100% wonderful and i cannot wait to see what they have for us we were lucky to have a rainbow and ugh cant wait!
  • Angie
    Angie M. Married on 07/14/2021

Best Photographer Hands Down

Ryan and his team were beyond amazing. They were super laid back and relaxed, which made me relaxed.

I had told him some key moments I wanted imaged and he went above and beyond. You do NOT need to look any further than him! They stayed the whole entire day to make sure every moment was captured, even the ones I missed, (being the bride).

The photos came out absolutely stunning! I am so excited to hang these in my house. I will be using him again for family portraits years to come.

Again, thank you so much for making our day that much more special. We are so happy you were our photographer and we can not wait to use you in the future!

-The Mayer’s

Heather Married on 07/10/2021
    Words can not express how amazing Ryan and Haley were to work with! They were flexible, accomadating, prompt and comforting. They both answered questions and provided support throughout our wedding planning process. They captured so many special moments of our day! Even with a hurricane in our midst, they never skipped a beat. I loved working with them! I would recommend them to everyone and we plan on doing future family sessions with them as well!! If you want photographers who are friendly, professional and supportive... Coastal Shots is the way to go!
  • Dani
    Dani G. Married on 06/12/2021

Absolutely incredible!!

Ryan was so phenomenal! He was flexible, responsive, professional, fun, and the perfect balance of energetic and relaxed! You can tell he loves what he does—we had such a great time taking all of our pictures. Our guests came to us during the wedding and raved about Ryan. The photos were absolutely stunning and captured every little detail of our big day. Ryan even went out of his way last summer to photograph us on our postponed/initial wedding date after a few schedule changes. We are so thankful for Ryan at Coastal Shots and all of his hard work and the love he put into our photos!
    Katie Married on 05/20/2021

Amazing Photos

Ryan was amazing. He was so kind and professional from the moment we met. He was super responsive to our emails and questions.

The wedding day went smoothly. He was super easy to work with and very comfortable to be around which helped a lot for the photos.

i can't even describe our finished photos. They were just downright amazing. I could not have asked for better. Given the amazing results he is super budget friendly for the quality of the work he provides.
  • Natashia
    Natashia S. Married on 05/19/2021

Perfect wedding photographer

We are just blown away by everything!! From the day we reached out to Ryan he made the hiring/paying process simple and easy!! We ended up having to postpone our wedding an entire year due to COVID and Ryan just went with the flow of any changes that were made!!

The day of the wedding Ryan was SO laid back, relaxed and calm - which made for a stress free day of photos! We never felt pressured or awkward through the entire day even the few times he posed us - he honestly just felt like a friend/guest at our wedding!

We received our photos within 3 weeks of our wedding day - again we are BLOWN AWAY at how amazing they all are! He captured every single little detail and didn't miss any of the special moments! Scrolling through the photos truly makes me feel like I'm living my special day all over again!

WE CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS - HIRE RYAN TODAY - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!
  • Megan
    Megan N. Married on 05/17/2021

Best Photo Booth in OBX

Coastal Shots provided the photo booth for our wedding and it was a HUGE hit! If I were to do it over again, I would replace our guest book with the "Leave a note and photo book" that Coastal Shots provides! Booth prints 2 images and guests left one for us. The morning after the wedding, the whole family got to look at photos first thing (which was extremely fun!). Highly recommend!
    Mandi Married on 05/11/2021

The Kellogg Wedding

Ryan is a laid back guy, who stays on his game and captures beautiful pics. Honestly, he blended right in, and was able to get some awesome shots as a result. He is a pro, we had no issues from the point of inquiring, to booking, all the way through the reception. We chose to add the photobooth, which was so fun...all of our guests were able to leave a copy of their photo strip & a message in an album Ryan provided. We just received access to our online gallery, sooner than expected, and they are everything! Would recommend 100x’s!!
  • Haley
    Haley H. Married on 10/24/2020

October 2020 Wedding

We hired Coastal Shots for our wedding 10/24/2020. Ryan came recommended to us from our wedding planner, and we loved getting to work with him! With a "COVID Wedding" Ryan was super easy to talk to and flexible with changing the date of engagement shoot and then later changing our wedding venue. Our wedding day was super smooth and easy going, Ryan and his team were very time efficient while remaining incredibly thorough, easy going, funny, and so pleasant to be around. He went over the top to make sure we got every shot we wanted as well as all the ones he could possibly think of in all the combinations - yet making sure we had plenty of time with our guests! I was so excited to see the email from him 4 short weeks after the event, the pictures turned out amazing. We were so impressed with how he caught the magic of our day on film. Highly recommend Ryan and his team, absolutely wonderful. If we ever get back to OBX, will definitely be using him again!
  • Jordan
    Jordan S. Married on 10/10/2020

Ryan was amazing!

We are truly so happy with everything Ryan and his team did for us for our wedding and leading up! He made us feel so comfortable and excited about our photos. We really enjoyed having him there for our wedding and for our engagement photos. He is very professional but also knew how to get us to loosen up and relax for our pictures. His work is absolutely beautiful and we are so happy with the final results! We will be using Ryan in the future for all of our family photos as well! We are even willing to travel 3 and half hours to the beach just so Ryan can take photos for us! We are so thankful we found him and we would honestly recommend him to anyone!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca K. Married on 09/19/2020

Best wedding photographer ever!

We don’t have enough nice things to say about Ryan. My husband and I are from NY, so we chose Ryan after reading though reviews and a suggestion from our planner. We were NOT disappointed! Throughout the entire process, from choosing him as our vendor to the wedding day, Ryan was quick to respond and helpful in all aspects. He creates an atmosphere where he’s able to capture the most perfect candid photos, and the most beautiful silhouettes that felt genuine and natural. My husband and I got married on a very windy day in Corolla, but Ryan still managed to get us outside for sunset photos, which are some of our favorites! He is so passionate about what he does, and it truly shows when he’s working. We would absolutely work with him again in the future if ever a chance!!
  • Tara
    Tara D. Married on 08/27/2020

Ryan has become part of our extended family!

Coastal Shots started photographing my family in 2016. The first year it was just my boys and I. Our extended family was so jealous of our pictures that Ryan has been stuck with photographing all of us ever since. It was only fitting that he photograph our wedding. We were so thankful, especially this year. With the pandemic, we weren't even sure it was going to happen. It was so reassuring to know we had a photographer we knew and could trust. Ryan was not only flexible, but patient and reassuring. Not only does Ryan take excellent photos, but he does an amazing job capturing our son Berney who has autism and often will only pose for a brief moment for pictures. All of my favs of him have been shot by Ryan and he surprises me every year with these. I almost never feel the need to take more photos throughout the year and my boys know now this is the one thing they have to do for me every year! Ryan, I can never have too many of these and even if there comes a year we can't make a trip down for the full vacation, I will try and figure out a way to come just for pics! Thank you for also connecting us to Ashley. Because of that Brian and I really were able to celebrate our 27 years together and even amongst the pandemic, it was perfect! We really do consider you part of our family. Wish I could share all of the amazing photos you have taken of us over the years but sharing some of my favs! Love Tara, Brian, Jacob, Berney, and all of Berney's buddies who have made it into our photos.
  • Ivy
    Ivy Married on 08/16/2020

Awesome experience!

He was absolutely great! My husband and I have never taken pictures before and he posed us and helped us out a lot. He was even my taxi to the beach so my husband didn’t see me, lol. He went above and beyond. Very easy to work with! I can’t wait to get my pictures back!!! If you are looking to get pictures done, choose him!
  • Ivy
    Ivy Married on 08/16/2020

Awesome experience!

• Katherine
    Katherine W. Married on 07/13/2020

Easiest wedding related decision you'll ever make!

Choosing Ryan to be our wedding day photographer was a no brainer. When my husband and I first met Ryan, we loved the vibe he emitted. It was the perfect mix between being confident in his work yet relaxed in his approach. Safe to say we booked him immediately. A few months later we met with Ryan for our engagement shoot. We had a blast and he encouraged us to be ourselves. When we received the photos we were blown away by his ability to capture so many beautiful moments in an authentic way. Those engagement photos were something fun to hold on to in waiting for our big day to arrive. Before we knew it a global pandemic emerged and we had to completely change our wedding plans. Ryan was so accommodating. Not only did he happily make our new date work but he also traveled from the OBX to our hometown in Virginia for the wedding. The wedding day arrived and Ryan was on time and ready for a full day. Again he managed to capture moments which we will cherish for a lifetime. So many family members/friends were unable to attend our wedding due to restrictions but when they look at the photos they feel like they were there. The photos speak for themselves as they capture the emotions of the day. I am so thankful we chose Ryan to be our wedding photographer. We could not have been any happie
  • Debra
    Debra Married on 06/27/2020

Helped make the day go so smoothly!

Ryan was amazing to work with. He was very friendly, flexible with us and our schedule and made us all feel comfortable right away. He took many thoughtful, beautiful pictures as well as many fun and spontaneous ones. We highly recommend him!
    Lauren Married on 06/06/2020
    We got our engagement photos done by Ryan during our vacation in the Outer Banks. From the beginning, he was super quick with responding and answering all of my questions. The photoshoot itself was so much better than we anticipated, as we have never gotten professional photos done before. We felt so at ease and he made the experience such a positive one. He got all of the great poses and shots that we had in mind and had a great creative eye. All of our photos are gorgeous, natural looking and were emailed to us within 24 hours! Overall, it was an amazing 45 minutes that flew by! Thanks again Ryan!
    Lauren & Rick
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen G. Married on 06/06/2020

Most wonderful photos and an amazing photographer!

Ryan is an amazing photographer! Very professional, showed up to take getting ready photos, gave wonderful direction, all of the bridal party absolutely loved him! The staff stayed till the end of the wedding to make sure they don’t miss any wonderful moments! What I loved most about Ryan is that he captured moments that I didn’t realize were happening, thank you for bringing back all those wonderful memories of our special day!
    Cameron Married on 05/22/2020

Amazing experience!

Ryan was amazing. He showed up on time, had amazing energy and directed our large bridal party with ease and organization. The bridal party was so blown away by his services and he made the day so stress free. He went above and beyond my expectations. We are so grateful!
  • Nick
    Nick S. Married on 11/10/2019

Blown away!!

As the groom I honestly was not that excited or frankly on board with the photography aspect however I have never been more wrong. Ryan was so much fun to work with from the very beginning throughout the event. He was super responsive and informative as well as helpful from the very beginning and throughout planning. He and his assistant were both so much fun to work with and I'm someone who frankly does not like having photos taken of himself. Additionally throughout the event he was available for group photos and at the same time near invisible to get action and event shots. Then we got the results... and a better writer could describe the joy and surprise that both I and my bride are feeling since seeing them.

We couldn't recommend higher! Loved it all!!
    Katherine M. Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing photographers, even better people!

Ryan and his team were amazing to work with! We got both our engagement and wedding photos done through Coastal Shots, and we are in love with all of our photos!!

Ryan keeps things very casual, which was so helpful to us so we didn't feel awkward. I highly recommend taking advantage of the engagement shoot so that on your wedding day you are already acquainted and know what poses/angles work best.

In addition to amazing photography skills, Ryan was a huge asset to helping things run smoothly on our wedding day. He and his partner took the lead on directing us when needed, his partner pinned on all of our boutonnieres (she was the only one who knew how!), and he was even on the phone with our lighting vendor trying to fix a strand of lights that went out for us towards the end of our reception. You won't find another photographer as committed to your wedding day as they are!

They are truly amazing photographers, and even better people! 10/10 would recommend them to all family and friends for their weddings/special events!
  • Paisley
    Paisley Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing Experience!

Ryan & Hayley of Coastal Shots were amazing and I cannot recommend them enough. Ryan was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, he knew & was familiar with my other vendors which made me feel more comfortable on how the day would run. Day of both Hayley and Ryan were professional, timely, fun, energetic and made the photo process a smooth one. I received many compliments from friends and family on how amazing my photographers were, how professional & calm they were and how they 'managed' the day. Coastal Shots are clearly experts, they made me and my husband feel comfortable and we are extremely happy with our final products (which also came in a very timely manner, in the middle of the crazy Fall Wedding Season!) Thank you again Ryan & Hayley for being a great part of our big day!!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 06/30/2019

Fantastic!!!

Ryan was amazing, fantastic, and wonderful! He was great to work with, friendly, personable, and attentive. He was there to capture our special moments and knew how to coach us into perfect shots, better angles, and genuine expression. He was helpful and responsive during the planning process and weeks leading up to the wedding, answering my questions and providing feedback. The day of the wedding he went above and beyond to make sure no moment was missed and every smile was captured. He gave off a relaxed energy which allowed everyone to feel more comfortable and have fun. The pictures came out gorgeous! Of course there were the posed pictures I was expecting to see, but there were also pictures I didn’t know were taken, different angles and perspectives on us and our guests, and moments I totally forgot about. Every picture was clear and beautiful. I am so thankful to have these photos to cherish as we look back on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Ryan as your photographer!