Coastal Shots Photography Reviews

Coastal Shots Photography 5
Coastal Shots Photography 6
Coastal Shots Photography 7

Lauren · Getting married on 06/06/2020

We got our engagement photos done by Ryan during our vacation in the Outer Banks. From the beginning, he was super quick with responding and answering all of my questions. The photoshoot itself was so much better than we anticipated, as we have never gotten professional photos done before. We felt so at ease and he made the experience such a positive one. He got all of the great poses and shots that we had in mind and had a great creative eye. All of our photos are gorgeous, natural looking and were emailed to us within 24 hours! Overall, it was an amazing 45 minutes that flew by! Thanks again Ryan!
    Lauren & Rick

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 8
    Coastal Shots Photography 9
    Coastal Shots Photography 10
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2019

Fantastic!!!

Ryan was amazing, fantastic, and wonderful! He was great to work with, friendly, personable, and attentive. He was there to capture our special moments and knew how to coach us into perfect shots, better angles, and genuine expression. He was helpful and responsive during the planning process and weeks leading up to the wedding, answering my questions and providing feedback. The day of the wedding he went above and beyond to make sure no moment was missed and every smile was captured. He gave off a relaxed energy which allowed everyone to feel more comfortable and have fun. The pictures came out gorgeous! Of course there were the posed pictures I was expecting to see, but there were also pictures I didn’t know were taken, different angles and perspectives on us and our guests, and moments I totally forgot about. Every picture was clear and beautiful. I am so thankful to have these photos to cherish as we look back on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Ryan as your photographer!

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Coastal Shots Photography 11
    Coastal Shots Photography 12
    Coastal Shots Photography 13
    Coastal Shots Photography 14
    Coastal Shots Photography 15
  • Meg D.

Meg · Married on 06/17/2019

Wow, the photos are STUNNING! I can't stop looking at them!

We are so incredibly grateful we hired Coastal Shots, Ryan and Hayley played a huge role in making our day perfect and captured every special moment in absolutely stunning photos! We booked with them because I loved Ryan's approach of being there for the whole wedding day and not limiting it to a short number of hours, and also that the photography style was so focused on capturing the candid real moments of the day and the details, along with traditional posed shots.

Ryan was responsive to emails quickly, and made me feel reassured he would capture everything we wanted with little to no direction needed from us (huge stress relief!) He and Hayley were a joy to have as part of our wedding. It felt like we’d known them for much longer than we had— they integrated seamlessly into the day and always made it feel natural and non-imposing. I loved their enthusiasm and positive energy, and they made us feel comfortable and we actually had fun taking photos.

Describing the photos as magnificent would be an understatement. They captured us in several different scenes at Sanctuary Vineyards, giving us such variety in our album-- and so many special candid moments in the background that didn't even see on wedding day. Ryan sent us a flash drive afterward with all of the photos in our online gallery and so many additional ones... it's been weeks and I still can't stop staring at them. We couldn't have hired a better photographer!!

Sent on 08/11/2019
    Coastal Shots Photography 16
    Coastal Shots Photography 17
    Coastal Shots Photography 18
    Coastal Shots Photography 19
    Coastal Shots Photography 20

Mara · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Photographer!!

Coastal Shots Photography was one of the best decisions my husband and I made when planning our wedding! Ryan was so great and easy to work with, from our very first emails. Not only was he very quick in responding, he also gave us advice on other aspects of the wedding besides photography that we had asked about since he has a lot of experience! Ryan photographed both our engagement and wedding pictures. He has a very laid back style that made everyone feel comfortable and was great at making sure he captured our whole day without us feeling like there was a camera in front of us the whole time. We even had multiple wedding guests come up to us and comment on how amazing and attentive our photographer was. Ryan also did an incredible job editing our images, and we love how bright and colorful all of our pictures turned out! We couldn’t imagine having chosen anyone else to capture our special day and cannot recommend Coastal Shots Photography enough!

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 04/26/2019

Awesome from start to finish!

Ryan was the best photographer we have ever worked with! He was professional, fun and laid back! We would love to work with him again and recommend him for any job!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Pendell · Married on 03/30/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photos

We had a wonderful experience with Ryan! He captured our OBX wedding on 3.30.19 and we couldn't be happier with all the precious photos we received. We are out of state and I corresponded with Ryan over e-mail many times before the wedding and he was always very responsive and easy to chat with. He was friendly, pleasant and very professional. We will definitely be using him again for family photos when we return to the OBX. Thanks again, Ryan!

Sent on 04/15/2019
    Coastal Shots Photography 26
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/01/2018

Best photographers!

Coastal Shots did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. We loved working with this husband & wife team. They responded to our emails very quickly, and were very professional. They thought of every little detail. I am beyond impressed by their work! Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING! They were able to get our pictures back to us within two weeks after our wedding. We decided last minute to add the photo booth to our wedding day services, and Coastal Shots was able to provide that and create a unique photo strip logo just for us. They were a pleasure to work with, and we highly recommend them. We hope to use Coastal Shots for family photos in the future!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 27
    Coastal Shots Photography 28
    Coastal Shots Photography 29
  • Kathleen

Kathleen Mccubbins · Married on 11/08/2018

Just the Best!!!

We have known Ryan and Hayley for a while now, so it was only natural to ask them to be our photographers. They truly took it to the next level. Considering we had to move our wedding date up a day due to weather, Ryan replied with no stress at all and made it happen. They made us feel at ease when taking pictures considering Michael and I are not huge fans of getting a lot of pictures taken of us. I would recommend these 2 to anyone. We absolutely loved all the photos despite the crazy high winds we were dealing with. Love these 2 to pieces.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Kaitlynn · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Experience

Ryan and Haley were wonderful to work with. They stayed in contact and made sure to reach out before the big day. I really appreciated the package Coastal Shots offered and the flash drive you receive along with the digital downloads after the wedding. Awesome people, and fantastic work!

Sent on 11/22/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/20/2018

Meghan and Dave 10-20-2018

Ryan and Hayley are absolutely lovely!!! When we were on vacation, we met with them (only photographers we met) and my fiance's words when we left were, "I don't need to meet with anyone else!" They are both personable and just fun to be around. We didn't have engagement pics done right away, so when we were down on vacation the following summer, Ryan found time and worked us in. I couldn't of asked for a better couple to capture our special day then both of them!!!! They definitely are the perfect pair for your wedding day!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 30
    Coastal Shots Photography 31
    Coastal Shots Photography 32
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 10/06/2018

Incredible Photography and Incredible People

Ryan and Hayley of Coastal Shots Photgraphy not only produced phenomenal photography for our engagement pictures and our wedding day, their calming and kind presence helped set the tone for our wedding day and keep everyone at the event having a great time. We lived in the Outer Banks at the time of our engagement shoot, and had to reschedule THREE times due to the weather, and Ryan was so accommodating and flexible through it all. As soon as we met him, we were immediately at ease and knew we were in good hands. Then the day of the wedding, some of my favorite memories are of Hayley helping to have my dress fall just the right way in the pictures, or looking up at Ryan on the dance floor taking great action shots of all our guests and smiling and singing along like an old friend. Our guests favorite thing at the wedding was of course their awesome photo booth (it's so worth it to add on everyone!!) and we have the photo booth album on our coffee table to look through and laugh and smile at every chance we get. Our favorite shots of the day (both from the engagement shoot and the wedding) are the sneaky ones that we didn't even know were happening - like the shot of us and the clouds, or through the bushes in the Gardens when we had just walked away from the ceremony as man and wife for the first time and were stealing a kiss before everyone else caught up to us. I honestly can't say enough good things about Coastal Shots, we love every picture they took and will hold them close to our hearts forever, and we loved working with this amazing husband and wife team. If you have any doubts please just trust me, it will be the best decision you make for you wedding. Thank you so much, Ryan and Hayley!! We are going to miss working with you!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 37
    Coastal Shots Photography 38
    Coastal Shots Photography 39

Patrick · Married on 09/08/2018

Ryan and Hayley are UNBELIEVABLE. They captured our proposal, engagement photos, and wedding. They were SO easy to work with and a ton of fun. My wife and I are both camera shy, but Ryan and Hayley ALWAYS made us feel comfortable. They also have great eyes for atmospheres/locations that make for phenomenal photos. I promise you -- look no further -- Ryan and Hayley were the BEST wedding choice we made. We hope they make your special occasion as special as they made ours.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 45
    Coastal Shots Photography 46
    Coastal Shots Photography 47

Erin · Married on 08/26/2018

I had my wedding recently in Duck, NC and live in CT so finding vendors was definitely stressful at first. Then I booked my photographer and was able to meet with Ryan a few months prior to the big day! From the first time we met with him, we knew he was going to be awesome to work with. We just got our gallery of photos and needless to say I am absolutely blown away! As we are going through the day he gave us a sneak peek on a few, so I knew they were going to be good! But going through all of the pictures now, not only do I feel like I’m back at my wedding, but I am seeing all these amazing moments that happened throughout the day that I didn’t see at the time! Ryan and Haley are an amazing team and truly capture every moment, Really focusing on the candid moments that make for the best pictures! If you are looking for the best photographer to hire for your wedding hands down this is the best choice!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 48
    Coastal Shots Photography 49
    Coastal Shots Photography 50
    Coastal Shots Photography 51

Heidi · Married on 08/21/2018

My husband and I recently had our wedding in Corolla and used Coastal shots photography for our wedding pictures. We had met Ryan once prior to our wedding the year before and since that initial meeting we knew we were in good hands! Ryan was always quick to respond and stayed in contact all the way up to our wedding. We received our wedding pictures 2 weeks after our wedding which I thought was unbelievable, and the quality of the pictures were absolutely AMAZING! We loved each and every one of them. Ryan and his team captured every special moment and then some! All of our friends and families loved the pictures as well and couldn't believe how perfect they turned out! I will also say that Ryan and his team made the experience comfortable and fun at the same time. We were not put in awkward positions and everything felt so natural which we feel made for better pictures. If you are on edge and unsure of who to use for wedding photos, engagement pictures, or simply family portraits we would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ryan and Haley for the job! They are amazing and you won't be disappointed with the results. Also I must say we go to the outer banks every year for our family vacation and we can't wait to book a family photo shoot with them in the future! Thanks Coastal Shots for everything!!

Sent on 09/26/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 60
    Coastal Shots Photography 61
  • Z

zack · Married on 08/04/2018

Ryan and Hayley were a dream to work with from the start. Everything was extremely easy going. This team is as professional as it gets. Our engagement photos looked amazing and so far we are loving our wedding photos and can't wait to see the rest. If you are looking for photographers who will capture your wedding day the way you have always envisioned and want to walk away feeling like you have made new friends, then going with Coastal Shots is the perfect fit. I am so happy we picked them and I promise you will too.

Sent on 08/17/2018
  • Hayley

Hayley · Married on 08/04/2018

5 Stars for a reason

we went with Coastal shots and where very happy with our experience as well as with the results. They felt like just two friends we where meeting up for coffee when we met. Our experience both for our engagement shoot and for our wedding both where fun.

Please consider them for your wedding. You will not regret it.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Kylie · Married on 07/19/2018

Ryan and Hayley were honestly the best photographers I have ever worked with. We used them for our engagement session which was supposed to be scheduled during our wedding planning visit in March 2018 but there was a storm in the Outer Banks so we were not able to go on the beach for the shoot. Ryan and Hayley immediately suggested that we still do the shoot when we come down the week of our wedding, so we did! It was the perfect way to start a week of vacation. We ended our vacation with the wedding which Ryan and Hayley also shot for us. Ryan was so easy to communicate with during the wedding planning process I never had to worry about a thing! He had so many ideas when the time came to take pictures and you do not feel pressured or awkward. I loved that they both took pictures of things that you don't always catch at a wedding. Your wedding day is such a whirlwind there isn't possibly enough time to see and look at everything - but they made sure they captured it! The pictures came out beautiful, there isn't one that I do not love! I also love that you can download and print the pictures right from the gallery link that Ryan sends you, that is a huge bonus! Overall, my experience with them was perfect, they are two very great people who love what they do. I plan to use them for future shoots, as we will always visit the Outer Banks!

Sent on 08/16/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 62
    Coastal Shots Photography 63
    Coastal Shots Photography 64

Lorraine · Married on 07/06/2018

Ryan & Haley shot our wedding. They were great to work with from the first email inquiry to the final correspondence, when they sent us all of the photos (digitally). You can check out the quality of their work on their website at http://www.coastalshots.com. As we were deciding on a photographer & then getting organized for our big day, Ryan was quick to respond to emails & helpful with suggestions. The contract & arrangements were all simple & straight forward. When we wanted to do something out of the ordinary, he explained why it hadn't worked well for him in the past, but cheerfully agreed to it when we still wanted it that way. During the wedding, they were great at sticking to the schedule & getting all the desired shots, but also keeping it all relaxed fun; they quickly got the feel of our event & worked with it. We especially like that we paid for their photography services & then we own & can access all of the photos to make as many prints as we like, & can share the online gallery with friends & family. Ryan did a family shoot for friends of ours, & we are so pleased & grateful that they recommended him. He & Haley were so professional & a complete joy to work with.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 65
    Coastal Shots Photography 66

Darlene · Married on 06/25/2018

Above and beyond! Excellent family photos. We are thrilled with the results. Extremely nice and responsive. We appreciate you!!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Desirae · Married on 06/24/2018

Ryan was so awesome! He is very kind and patient, which is a blessing when dealing with our crowd and family, haha. He kept things light and fun. We cannot wait to get our pictures back :)

Sent on 06/28/2018

Jenna · Married on 06/12/2018

Ryan was awesome!! He is so easy going and made me and wedding party all feel comfortable. Ryan showed up right on time as I was getting my makeup done and he introduced himself and got right to work. I planned my wedding via email from the west coast and Ryan was always prompt with his responsiveness and easy to get ahold of. I would recommend Costal Shots Photography to anyone!! Thank you again Ryan!!!

Sent on 06/19/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

Ryan and Hayley were an absolute dream to work with. After my venue, they were my next vendor I had to have! They came HIGHLY recommended by two friends of mine who also used them for their own weddings in the OBX. (Both of their photos were incredible, so I had no doubt they'd knock it out of the park with mine!) Ryan and I had all of our communication through email prior to the wedding, and he was always SO responsive to any questions I had. They are the most friendly duo, and made our entire wedding party feel so comfortable throughout the day. Many of my bridesmaids commented how easy going and professional both Ryan and Hayley were, and I honestly couldn't agree more. They told us that our photos would be ready in 3-4 weeks, and we got them ahead of when they promised! We are absolutely in love with the photos, and are so thrilled we have these to cherish forever. Your biggest mistake would be not booking them!!

Sent on 07/03/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 73
    Coastal Shots Photography 74
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/01/2018

Ryan went above and beyond the call of duty for our beach wedding June 1st in Nags Head! We are so pleased with the outcome of our wedding photographs. Everyone was very impressed with the professionalism and attentiveness to our expectations. Considering how hot it was outside and the chaos going on, no one noticed in the pictures! The image quality of each photo turned out really nice. Ryan and Hayley managed to really capture everyone's personalities in our photos. We are very thankful we chose the Coastal Shots team to capture our perfect wedding moments to enjoy for years to come!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Coastal Shots Photography 82
    Coastal Shots Photography 83
    Coastal Shots Photography 84

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2018

Ryan and Hayley were absolutely a dream to work with! Ryan was the first to respond when I inquired about photography for our wedding in the Outer Banks. I just had a good feeling about the way he responded and the professionalism that came behind it. He was responsive to all of my questions and requests and even met us almost a year before our wedding while we were vacationing in the OBX to go over our wedding vision. The day of the wedding, I felt like Ryan and Hayley were instantly friends of ours vs. strangers taking pictures while we were getting ready. While they were very professional, they have a warmness about them that makes you feel at ease. (I have had some friend's wedding photographers be so stiff and not personable that I would know the difference!) The whole wedding they were snapping pictures but you never felt like they were overbearing or "in the way." Even when we had silly requests they were happy to oblige. The pictures we took on the beach at sunset were amazing (they showed us a quick glimpse on the camera). We haven't received our pictures yet, but I know they will be nothing short of amazing! If you are looking for professional, fun, talented, and personable photographers look no further than Ryan and Hayley! They are truly the best around!

Sent on 06/07/2018