Coastal Chamber Musicians Reviews

109 | Charleston, SC

109 Reviews for Coastal Chamber Musicians

Shannon · Married on 07/18/2015

I hired The Coastal Chamber Musicians for my daughters wedding and was extremely pleased with all of the music. It was absolutely beautiful. Not only did they play classical and pop but the country songs she pacifically ask for. Our guest were in awe of how beautifully they played. To me they made her wedding perfect.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Kimberly · Married on 06/13/2015

Austin is so upbeat and happy. His personality and love for what he does is infections. Added a touch of class to our beach wedding. Truly one of the highlights of the ceremony. We exchanged about 2 emails for this was really an elopement and he just really nailed it. Highly recommend

Sent on 06/15/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2015

I hired a solo violinist for my ceremony music, and couldn't be happier! It turned out absolutely beautiful! They were even willing to learn special songs that I wanted incorporated, but weren't on their selection list. The music was flawless, not to mention, so cost effective! Definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for talented musicians to play their wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Hannah · Married on 05/16/2015

Coastal Chamber Musicians played for our wedding ceremony this past weekend in Hilton Head, SC and I cannot say enough positive things about the group! During the planning process, they were extremely responsive and accommodating! They provided us with the information we needed and were great with getting back in touch with us almost immediately if we had questions. The day of the ceremony, their music was absolutely amazing! We had so many compliments from our guests about how great they were. I highly recommend the group for any occasion... especially a wedding ceremony! They were absolutely perfect!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Austin was amazing and played exactly what we wanted as a solo cellist for our intimate ceremony. He even learned a song at my request to play as I walked down the aisle. We were so happy to have him perform during our ceremony, and would highly recommend his services to anyone wanting to make their ceremony extra special. He was on time, super easy to contact and discuss specifics regarding song selection, and he was extremely nice and professional. We are so happy with his performance and will remember it when we think of our wedding!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/10/2015

Austin was amazing!! Not only was the group overall very professional and talented, but Austin was a bride's dream to work with. I requested a song he was not familiar with, but insisted he could learn it and be prepared for the wedding. He did just that!! All my emails were answered in a timely manner, and he was easy to communicate with when I had last minute change in time. He provided excellent professional opinion and followed through with every expectation. Everyone at my wedding couldn't stop complimenting the talent of these musicians. He was even kind enough to endulge my father who ended up making his own requests during their performance. On the day of the wedding, they were early and took their places immediately. They were professionally dressed and added an amazing touch of class to our wedding. I couldn't be happier!! I would absolutely recommend Coastal Chamber Muscians for any event.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Coastal Chamber Musicians played the music during and before our wedding ceremony. They were wonderful! Austin was a true pleasure to work with - responsive and reliable and talented! In addition, they were easy to work with - playing a special song we requested for which they had to learn the music - and very fairly priced. What more could you ask for in a vendor?! If you are looking for wonderful music and hassle free, pleasant people... look no further.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Austin and his sister Leslie were amazing. Very professional and did exactly what I asked. Very reasonable fees. Trust Austin as he knows what to do and will make your ceremony amazing. R. Wright-Mother of the bride.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Luke T. · Married on 03/15/2015

Coastal Chambers certainly gets five stars; we'd give more if we could. From the planning stages to the follow through and follow up; every detail was handled professionally, promptly and perfectly. Austin was so essential in helping us pick the perfect music selections for our wedding ceremony. We used a few classics from their list, a few modern, younger songs from their list and even requested obscure songs they'd not heard before.

Austin was able to give us great advice on how certain songs would translate into a string instrumental and even took the time to learn Elle Goulding's "How Long Will I Love You" for me (the bride) to walk down the aisle. The lyrics are beautiful but the original song was much slower than our other song selections. Austin honed in on this and keyed us in on the fact that typically the bride would walk to something that is more dramatic or upbeat, as it is the highlight of the ceremony. He said he could play it as is but also offered to tweak it; speed it up a tad and make it a little more spunky. We jumped at the offer and it worked beautifully; as did all of the other song selections.

Our ceremony music fully reflected our personalities. With classic inclusions like Canon in D to new artists like American Authors and Jason Mraz or unexpected but fun groups like One Republic and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus....Austin and Leslie of Coastal Chambers covered everything masterfully!!!

They beautifully faded each song in and out as needed (like during the unity ceremony). They were a seamless addition to our wedding ceremony and added a beautiful element of sophistication to our intimate DIY nuptials. They didn't overshadow our small gathering of family & friends or get lost in the grand beauty of the Middleton Place gardens where our ceremony was held; they were just another perfect piece of our perfect day and we couldn't be happier with how lovely it turned out.

We'd use them again and recommend them for any event!!!!

Sent on 04/05/2015

Dana · Married on 10/11/2014

Austin and his crew were awesome to work with. They showed up and with very little direction from me, knew what to do and got it done. The music was beautiful and they were able to play some songs that were a little obscure. I really appreciate their professionalism. It was one less thing I needed to worry about on our special day.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/06/2014

"How can we ever thank you for making our day so perfect!! We we're blown away by how beautiful the ceremony music was and continue to hear compliments on how much our guests enjoyed hearing you play. I will be recommending you all for years and years to come!! Thank you so much for bringing such beauty to our special day!"
    -Ben & Courtney

Sent on 09/29/2014

Don · Married on 08/07/2014

This group played the best music couples our age bracket are looking for. They are very eclectic and have a wide genre of music selections to choose from. They are very professional, good personalities and incredibly talented. I strongly recommend these young musicians to play any occasions you are planning to have in the future, and you won't regret it!!! To Austin and his group, thanks for being a part of our wedding and making it a memorable one. Cheers!:-)

Sent on 08/24/2014

Austin was very responsive to our needs for our small beach wedding in Myrtle Beach. The group was perfect for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. We would highly recommend Coastal Chamber Musicians.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/28/2014

The cello player made my small wedding feel complete. We enjoyed hearing the music we chose to make our celebration special. We are so glad that he was there!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Angela · Married on 06/04/2014

Coastal Chamber Musicians went beyond my expectations. I was somewhat worried because I was planning a wedding out of state, but Austin pulled everything together perfectly. I gave him a few songs to play during our wedding and then I left the rest for them to decide. I was not disappointed with any of the song choices! They are very professional and easy to work with. They even learned a special song for our first dance and honestly it sounded better than the original soundtrack. Everyone that attended the wedding loved them and couldn't believe how well they could play! I couldn't have been happier with choosing them to play on my wedding day.

Sent on 08/22/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2014

These musicians are so talented. They were professional and timely. Great value. Everyone really enjoyed them. They were a favorite part of my wedding and engagement. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Sherry · Married on 03/23/2014

Coastal Chamber Musicians played the ceremony music for our wedding and were excellent. My husband and I both play guitar and we had a fair number of musicians in our group. Several guests commented about how "passionate" and "into it" that Austin and Shannon were. My only regret from my wedding is that I didn't appoint a friend to take video of them! Guns N' Roses is my favorite band of all time and they learned "Sweet Child O'Mine" especially for our recessional. Fantastic!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/07/2013

We originally booked Austin Fitzhenry as a solo cellist for our wedding in Guyton, GA. Austin actually had a family emergency the weekend of, but paired us with Lonnie who did a terrific job! We also had some extraordinary circumstances due to weather, but both Austin & Lonnie were flexible and understanding. While I actually didn't hear Lonnie play, my guests & family all informed me that he was great!

Sent on 02/15/2014

Emma · Married on 06/29/2013

I would strongly recommend Coastal Chamber Musicians to anyone in the Charleston area! They were very easy to get in touch with and communicate with! I decided to use them because they were very affordable (especially compared to some other musicians in the area), played a great variety of music from different genres, were willing to travel (my ceremony was an hour away from Charleston), and would even learn a new song just for us. The director, Austin, worked with us to create personalized music for our wedding ceremony. We got several compliments not just on the quality and sound of ceremony music, but also the originality. Coastal Chamber Musicians were incredibly flexible and professional. We had an outdoor plantation wedding, and unfortunately the ceremony got delayed due to rain. They waited patiently and ended up playing under umbrellas during the ceremony with no complaints or hesitation! They did an amazing job despite the rain, delays, and changes in the ceremony due to the weather. Coastal Chamber Musicians would be a great choice for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Alice · Married on 06/15/2013

In November 2010, my family and I saw the Coastal Chamber Musicians perform the ceremony music for the wedding of two family friends. The trio's performance was so beautiful and full of life, we made sure to get their card and when my fiancé proposed to me last July, I had no doubts about who I wanted to book for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. The group's cellist and point of contact, Austin Fitzhenry, was incredibly responsive, friendly, and helpful as we determined our musical selections. I enjoy classical music, but am deficient in my knowledge of specific pieces, so I couldn't have done it without Austin's guidance. My fiancé, a former cellist himself, described some of my selections as challenging for a trio, but if the pieces were, you would never know from the group's masterful execution. They have a diverse repertoire to select from, including traditional wedding pieces as well as contemporary music and past hits. Their pricing is unbeatable. When considering back-ups in case the CCM's were unavailable, no one quoted such a reasonable price. When guests have reached out to us to congratulate us on our wedding and describe their experience the day of, this strings trio is often the first element of the day that they rave about. I cannot recommend them enough and I hope to have an opportunity to see them perform again in the future. If I have another event in Charleston that calls for a strings ensemble, I will definitely be booking them again. Many thanks to the trio and especially Austin for making our special day all the more special.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Anne · Married on 05/26/2013

I give you 100%. You played exactly what the bride wanted and advised her on music and time she did not know. Thank you and I will certainly recommend you. We were very pleases and heard many good remarks about the quality of the Chamber Musicians!!! Kudos
    Anne

Sent on 05/31/2013

The music was perfect for my wedding.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2012

Austin and Coastal Chamber Musicians were amazing to work with... I was planning our wedding from 1500 miles away and they were responsive, professional and made me feel at ease. My husband requested some special songs and we were able to include the musicians learning those songs into our agreement.

On the day of the wedding they were on time and were easy going, the music was beautiful. They even played our first dance song, it was terrific. I would recommend Coastal Chamber Musicians to anyone.

Sent on 03/16/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 10/20/2012

They did a wonderful job and made for an elegant ceremony!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Mallory · Married on 04/04/2015

I hired the Coastal Chamber Musicians for their string trio to provide the music for my ceremony and cocktail hour for my destination wedding in Charleston and could not have been more pleased with this group.

I found Coastal Chamber's website looking for musicians and loved the recordings I heard on their site. As fate would have it, on one of my trips down to Charleston I ran into the group performing on King St. and was even more impressed with their talent when I saw them play in person. I worked closely with Austin to lay out my ceremony music and the trio even learned a few songs that I had my heart set on hearing played during the ceremony that were not on their original website. Being a destination bride, I so appreciated the flexibility and the responsiveness to talk through the plan, and meet my needs of what I had envisioned.

Overall, I had a very positive experience with Coastal Chamber Musicians, my guests raved about the beautiful music and the very friendly musicians, and would recommend this group.

Sent on 04/17/2015