Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course Reviews

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 5
Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 6
  • F

Florentina · Married on 09/28/2013

Jennifer and the rest of the staff at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hills Golf Course outdid our expectations. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about the entire experience. The venue is gorgeous, the food plentiful and delicious, and the staff very attentive. My new husband and I had a great experience from the beginning of the planning to the end of the reception. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Martin · Married on 08/10/2013

Jennifer, the Director of Catering, was easy to work with and very professional in planning the wedding. The party went smoothly and exceeded all expectations. The Hall was beautiful, the food at cocktail hour and dinner was plentiful and delicious. The outdoor patio was a big hit and the staff was attentive and gracious. Kerry and Cassey ensured all went well during the evening. Jennifer not only helped us plan the wedding but was also there to assist when needed. We could not be more pleased with the evening. Marty and Betty

Sent on 09/01/2013

Pamela · Married on 07/28/2013

YES YES YES! CATERING AT ITS BEST! The galloping hill Golf Course truly made my day memorable. It rained a few showers and even still they accommodated the venue beautifully. I got married on Sunday July 28, 2013 and I wouldnt change a thing. Did I mention the food is phenomenal?! my guest could not stop talking about the quality and taste of the food. The staff were very professional and enjoyed themselves as well. I hope that the galloping hill golf course staff never loose their enthusiasm and love for catering so that every bride and groom can have the same magical experience.

Sent on 07/31/2013

David · Married on 06/07/2013

My wife and I were blown away with Jennifer and the staff at Galloping Hills. We were treated like royalty and received personal service from the moment we booked our wedding until the last guest left. Several of our guests commented that the appetizers and food were the best they had ever had. We could not be happier with our choice of venue. Also note that they have a ceremony site on the grounds. We had our ceremony there also and it was perfect.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Maureen · event on: 09/10/2017

From the planning stage to the end of the event, I felt that Galloping Hill provided me with the best service. My guests said the food was wonderful and that the staff was terrific. They enjoyed the beauty of the view and the ability to move from the bar, to the ballroom, and to the veranda. It was the perfect venue.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Jennifer · event on: 11/11/2017

Ty you so much for last night. Everything was beautiful and worked perfectly. My daughter had a great time:) !!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Ashwin · event on: 03/14/2015

We held our baby shower more than a week ago and we couldn't be more pleased! We fell in love with the space when we walked in but were unsure whether the kitchen could pull off Indian cuisine for our guests. Chef Romano went over and above our requests and provided such amazing Indian appetizers and entrees that our guests are still talking about it! Jennifer too was very helpful with all the co-ordination and the service was excellent. More than one guest commented on how professional and helpful the servers were.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Amelia · event on: 05/23/2015

We celebrated our daughter's Ph.D. Graduation with a wonderful party held on May 23, 2015. We wanted a more upscale event befitting our daughter's extraordinary achievement. This venue was a perfect choice! It is beautiful inside and out, the food is excellent, and the staff is professional and easy to work with. Over the past 15 years, we have hosted one sort of event or another in probably every major catering facility in Union County, NJ. I can honestly say that The ClubHouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course is certainly the best with the most beautiful grounds of all, huge windows overlooking the golf course and a balcony/terrace off the banquet room--great ambiance, food, and service! Our party was a superb, memorable event for our daughter as well as for all of our guests! I wholeheartedly recommend this venue to all!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Stacey · event on: 02/05/2016

The Galloping Hills staff was great to work with. They were flexible and accommodating and graciously rescheduled our event due to a blizzard. They worked well with our vendors. There were many great food choices. The room was beautiful. I highly recommend Galloping Hill.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Harry · event on: 03/26/2016

The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill was very accommodating as we first had to change the date of our daughter's Bat Mitzvah. From the recommendation of the bakery to the selection of the menu the staff led by Jennifer was very professional and extremely helpful. They allowed us test our computer we used to run the photo montage on multiple occasions. Food and service was excellent. We received all favorable reviews from our guests and would highly recommend Galloping Hill as a great place to hold an event.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

the director of sales is a tightly wind person ask for everything anything free or discounts because she will charge you for everything you ask for i got a great deal!!!! originally she wanted to charge me and fiance at the time now husband for each vendor that was involved and that adds up so we agreed that 5 vendors free no cost and also children weren't free so i had to negotiate that as well i got 20 kids free... she was going to charge me $45.00 per kid plus tax that was over $1,00O

However our wedding day was great we took pictures on the golf course and i am sure the photos came out great...

Sent on 10/03/2016

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course's reply:

Hello private user...I am unsure who this is as you are not identifying who you are on the review (private user). It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding at our venue. This is not our typical pricing structure, however, we are a very good value for the majestic location, hosting one wedding at a time, our attention to detail, organization and exceptional cuisine. Congratulations on your Wedding and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
    Thank you for the 4.9 star rating!

Michael Campise · Married on 04/27/2019

April Wedding

We were just married here only a week ago and had a fantastic experience. Friends and family speak so lovingly about the day. The venue was wide open, service was outstanding and Jennifer was on top of all of the planning. Food was great, setup was a breeze and everyone was so helpful. We are so fortunate that they were our venue!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rocio · event on: 05/03/2015

We had our daughter's communion party at The Clubhouse last Sunday and we were very pleased with the outcome. The staff was professional, courteous and quick to respond and service us. A special thanks to Frank who kept me informed and updated on every detail of the party especially when the cake didnt arrive and reminded me to take pictures before cutting the cake. The staff was constantly on top of serving us drinks, The venue is beautiful and we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day in which we were able to enjoy the balcony outside.
    We enjoyed our time at the venue and would recommend it to everyone.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Alicia · Married on 03/15/2014

LOVED my wedding here. I looked at around 10 other halls and booked this one before it was even done being built. Nothing compared to this place. The views and grounds are AMAZING and it was exactly what I wanted. Would definitely recommend this place!!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Ngina · Married on 09/03/2016

I recently got married at the Galloping Hill Golf Course over Labor Day weekend. The entire team made dreams I didn't even know I had come true. They truly offered a unique experience than any other venue (your guests get to ride in golf carts!!!!). Everyone ate until their hearts and bellies were content. The food was plentiful and flavorful. Once you drop everything off a few days before your wedding, it's the biggest relief ever. Jennifer and her team are like little fairies that put everything in its proper place. I forgot to mention the most important thing...it's a cost effective option. This venue will help stretch your budget a little further and most of the basics are included. Definitely put this on on your list!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Christine · Married on 09/12/2014

I had my wedding at Galloping Hill Golf Course on Friday 9/12/14. I booked the venue a year from the date, shortly after they had just started to do weddings. I loved the staff and that only one wedding would be able to take place at a time, so you basically had the whole place to yourself. I fell in love with the venue the minute I saw it and knew that this would be the venue I wanted to have my wedding at. There were a few mini hiccups throughout the night, but that is given for any big event with a lot of people. The food was beyond amazing and the staff was exceptional. I had family members call me off the hook after the wedding, to tell me and my family how wonderful everything was at the wedding. My Great Aunt who is 82 years old, even said that our wedding was the best wedding she has been to in the 82 years she has been alive. Boy does that say a lot about a venue and its staff! Jen was phenomenal and was there for us when needed and Cynthia, the bridal assistant, couldn’t be more helpful and genuine. Great Job Galloping Hill. Thank you for assisting in making my wedding the best day of my life!

Sent on 10/16/2014

PeggyAnne · Married on 06/29/2013

Our wedding day at the Clubhouse at the Galloping Hill Golf Course was a beautiful affair. The venue is simple and elegant. There is an outdoor terrace, which was used during our cocktail hour, that offers beautiful views of the golf course. The look of the main ballroom is spectacular. The food offered by the Galloping Hill was delicious. We've received many compliments on the food at the cocktail hour as well as the dinner and the viennese extravaganza. We were only the second wedding at the venue so there are some areas which could be improved. The main ballroom became quite warm and the sun was glaring in our guests eyes during the beginning of the reception. This could be improved by placing shades or curtains over the windows, which we were told would happen for future events. There are other small issues that need to be worked out as well, but our wedding went quite smoothly considering it was only the second wedding there. All in all, we were thrilled with our choice to have our wedding at the Galloping Hill Golf Course and would recommend it to others.

Sent on 07/22/2013

AMA · Married on 10/09/2016

Jennifer and her staff were amazing!!! Our bridal attendant was awesome. She took care of us the entire night making sure we are and had drinks. Working with Jennifer was fun and a bit challenging at times because obviously I've never planned a wedding. We were married 10/9/16. It was raining all day and cold. The rain finally stopped around 2 but remained gloomy. Jennifer came to see if we wanted to move it indoors. We didn't. And it turned out to be beautiful! The sun came out and her staff got everything set up with ease! Everyone raved about the cocktail hour and the signature rum punch! Thank you very much for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/27/2016

John · Married on 07/31/2015

What a great place and team they have here at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
    they really made it a very special day for us.
    All of our guests raved about the service and the food ...it was great.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Dinis · Married on 06/29/2013

The reception hall room is too sunny, guests had sun in their eyes for the beginning of the night. Windows need to be either tinted or drapped, this would also help w/ the room temperature. The room was too hot for my liking and I was told the AC was on full blast.

Otherwise a great place, it was only the second wedding there I believe so just a few kinks to workout.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course's reply:

Thank you for your review, it was such a beautiful wedding, the pair of you were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. Thank you for your constructive comments about the room...We agree the sun is strong during that time of the evening in the summer, beautiful blinds are being installed that will keep the heat out and the cool air in, block the sun glare while still showcasing our stunning panoramic views. Once the sun sets, we will have the ability to open up the blinds. Thank you again for choosing the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course for your most special wedding celebration. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 09/01/2017

3.5

Galloping Hill Clubhouse was one of the 1st venues we considered since it was about 15 minutes away from home for most of our guest and ourselves. We paid for the food tasting to make sure we liked the food and we had a great experience since. The service provided on the day of our wedding topped it off. The wedding concierge Christina and her assistant Ory were fantastic! They were on point throughout the day, very professional and helped us have a joyful stress-free day. My now husband and I would now have changed a thing about the day went, from the decor to the time of clean up. All of items we brought were nicely packed for us and by the exit door. The food was great , the waiting staff, the bartenders, everyone just met and exceeded our expectations. Thank you Galloping Hills Clubhouse!

Sent on 10/03/2017

We had our wedding at Galloping Hill and it was terrific. Jennifer came through the day of and really ran a tight ship, which I loved. She made the timeline stay on point and kept everyone going where they needed to be. Her assistant Jessica was sweet and I loved spending time with her. She seemed like someone I would genuinely want to spend time with, and I think it's important to have people around you on you wedding day that you like, even if it's just a vendor.

We got rave reviews about food and about the place, which we were hoping for. We had our ceremony outside, which was a dream of mine and it was perfect. The location was beautiful and I was told that some deer ran by before I arrived, which was awesome. All in all we had a great time and it was truly beautiful.

The only negative was that there were some special alcohol requests we had arranged that the bartenders for some reason didn't seem to be aware of, so when I fond out about it, as it was for our fathers, I pulled the bride card and it seemed to be rectified pretty quickly. It annoyed me but only very briefly, as I said got corrected quickly.

What I would say to other brides too is after you book, don't expect to here from the venue much until it gets closer. I was reaching out with questions and requests etc and the response time wasn't great which put a bad taste in my mouth but when it got closer I realized it wasn't a poor reflection on them and that they did care about my event, it's just they have a hundred other events to deal with and when yours is a year away your not really a priority. Once I understood that I felt much better about the relationship and as I said it showed as they did a wonderful job.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Rob · Married on 05/26/2017

3.0

Our reception was amazing! The venue is beautiful, and you can't beat the view of the golf course from the terrace. The food during the cocktail hour and main reception was delicious, and the open bar had a good selection. Our bridal concierge, Cynthia was incredible. She made sure we were taken care of all night, got us drinks and even packed us leftovers.
    The process leading up the wedding wasn't quite as great though. Some details that we agreed upon were changed, even AFTER we signed a contract. For instance, we were told our food tasting would be private just for us and our parents. This was changed to a huge event where about 20 couples and their families were all jammed into the room. The "food tasting" also ended up just being a giant sales pitch for Absolute Celebrations, who apparently work a lot of weddings at the venue. This was very off-putting to us and our parents. Also, the staff at the venue had the start time for our cocktail hour wrong. After telling them that we were starting at 6 and not 7, they still contacted our vendors and told them the wrong start time. It all got sorted out at the last minute though, so no harm no foul.
    Despite the bumpy road during the planning, our actual wedding reception ended up being a fantastic party. I recommend Galloping Hill for the location and the view. Just be extra diligent and make sure all the details are ironed out before your big day.

Sent on 06/01/2017

3.0

We fell in love with the place from the moment we walked in, even though it didn’t have up the walls yet. We loved the view of the golf course and the overall feel of the place.

The food tasting was great and so intimate. They really made us feel special because it was just us and our parents. We were really able to enjoy the entire process. The food was phenomenal and the chef was great. He even came out to go over everything with us and made great suggestions along the way. Everyone at the wedding loved that we went with a skirt steak.

Jennifer was good to work with, at times a little hard to get in touch with, but on the week leading up to it and the day of she was fantastic. We also loved our server Cynthia she was fantastic as well.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Matt · Married on 10/27/2017

3.8
      3.0

Honestly, the planning before the wedding was a bit shaky. We had some serious concerns when we went to our tasting. It was a group tasting event. The crowding, layout, and food selection made us nervous about how our actual event would go. We were only able to try a limited amount of items and our food selections were basically things we didn't eat at the tasting. That being said, the day of the wedding was great. The wedding party was brought around the golf course in carts for photographs. The assistant, Kristina, was very helpful in setting up items at the cocktail hour and checking up with us. Our guests were very happy with the food at the reception. However, there was so much food left over (that we weren't given to take home) that I hope at least wasn't thrown out. All in all, the Galloping Hill Golf Course is a good choice for the reasonable price you are paying.

Sent on 10/31/2017