Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course Reviews

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 5
Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 6
Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 7

Nicole · Married on 07/12/2014

The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill was fantastic!! I am so happy with our decision to go with them. Jennifer was great throughout the planning process. She responded promptly and her team took care of confirming with all our vendors the week of our wedding. They were able to accommodate all of our requests so that the event matched our vision. For our reception, our Bridal Concierge, Cynthia, was just awesome---she was always there to get anything we needed, there for our parents, and a guest with a baby. She was never far away the whole evening.

All of our guests raved about the food and venue. Since it was new and you can see it from the parkway, I think our local guests didn't know what to expect, and they were all blown away by the beautiful simple elegance of the place. They loved the large balcony overlooking the golf course that we could use all night. The food from the cocktail hour through the cake was abundant and delicious.

The wedding party had a blast riding out on the golf course for pictures. We had beautiful scenery on the green, by a willow tree, and on a bridge to get photos. I can't wait to see them!

Honestly, we could not think of anything that went wrong. They knew what we wanted, and they carried it through flawlessly from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Kate · Married on 06/21/2014

Our wedding was nothing short of spectacular.
    From the beautiful bar in the cocktail hour room, to the beautiful stairs, the veranda, and the stunning chandeliers we could not be happier with our choice.
    We had so much fun with Jen and Cynthia at our tasting. Jen was patient with us while we made our choices for the day of the wedding. She answered all of our questions and came through with any request we had.
    During pictures, Jen was so helpful. She drove us around the course on a golf cart! She took us to beautiful spots to capture our day. The pictures from the golf course are so perfect! The scenery it just beautiful.
    The room is the perfect size and shape. Everyone in the room felt involved with everything that was going on. The views from the room of the golf course were simply stunning. The dance floor was a great size.
    All the food was delicious. A guest said that the fish he had was the best he ever had. We are hearing rave reviews about the Polish Station at cocktail hour. One of my guests ate 24 perogies! The guests are also raving about the philly cheesesteaks and the Jersey Shore Burger.
    We are also hearing how great the service was. Everyone had a drink in their hand the entire night. They said the staff were very friendly and efficient!
    We had our after party at the Red Knot Restaurant (which I highly recommend). We had more appetizers and everyone enjoyed sitting on the veranda relaxing with a drink. It was a memorable part of the night!
    Jen and Cynthia were so helpful on the day of my wedding. They really took care of us!
    Jen was so helpful the day of the wedding. She really orchestrated all events that happened. She stayed with us from the moment we got there until the last person left the afterparty!
    Thanks to everyone!!

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • Y

Yelena · Married on 06/08/2014

We are so happy that we chose the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course for our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is beyond gorgeous, the food was amazing and the service was excellent. We did not have to worry about a thing- everything was so well coordinated by Jennifer and the rest of the staff. Everything was incredibly beautiful and perfect! We are so so grateful!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Alison · Married on 06/07/2014

Beautiful venue, beautiful reception location! The staff at Galloping Hill truly made our wedding spectacular. Our guests were absolutely impressed! We loved the beautifully appointed rooms, the convenience of the bridal suite, and package which included an amazing cocktail hour buffet, a full bar, and a delicious dinner menu.

We arrived about 1.5 hours before the start of our event, which enable us to ride around on golf carts and take photos without missing any of our cocktail hour. During the bride-and-groom photos, our wedding party enjoyed laughing and sipping champagne on the back of the golf carts!

During the event, the staff was extremely courteous and professional. Cynthia, our personal assistant, made us feel so comfortable and ensured that everything was perfect. Our guests RAVED about the food throughout the event (and in the days and weeks that followed, as well!)

A big concern for us was sound volume: we have been at so many wedding where the music is played so loudly, no one can have a conversation. We found the acoustics to be great. Also, the terrace with windows meant guests could step outside, but still be close to all the action.

In short, we found Galloping Hill to be an excellent value. The staff ensured our event was elegant and memorable!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Anthony · Married on 03/29/2014

This place it absolutely fantastic! My wife and I visited numerous places in search for a location to host our wedding reception. Once we walked into the clubhouse; our long search was over! The reception hall was beautiful and completely customizable. But I really wanted to rant and rage about the food and personalize service. The food served at the cocktail hour and the main reception was absolutely amazing! From the servers, presentation and most importantly the taste; all top notch! Jennifer, our banquet manager was super awesome, very cordial and extremely responsive to all our needs/wants. They made planning our wedding reception very easy and fun. We could not be happier! We even received a complementary round of golf! How can you beat that! We highly recommend The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course!

Sent on 05/05/2014

c · Married on 10/26/2013

Best place for a Wedding Jennifer, Kerry, Chef, Captain and whole Staff amazing proffesional.
    We are so happy that we had the event here at the ClubHouse at Galloping Hill golf Course.

All family and Friends are saying good things about the place, the food, the party everyone had a Great Time.
    Amazing Views brand new Place.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Arthur & Ekaterina · Married on 09/28/2013

There are not enough "rating stars" to express my husband's and mine appreciation and gratitude to Ms. Jennifer Forshee and her Staff!
    The service and attentiveness of the staff was so SUPERB that even our other vendors remarked on it!
    The quality of food was AMAZING!
    The level of assistance, responsiveness, guidance through the entire process was REMARKABLE!
    And of course the grounds of the Golf Course and the Clubhouse itself were UNFORGETTABLY BEAUTIFUL & PERFECT!

Thank you so much Jennifer and Staff for everything you have done for us on our Wedding Day!
    You made it truly SPECIAL!

Sent on 10/12/2013
  • F

Florentina · Married on 09/28/2013

Jennifer and the rest of the staff at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hills Golf Course outdid our expectations. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about the entire experience. The venue is gorgeous, the food plentiful and delicious, and the staff very attentive. My new husband and I had a great experience from the beginning of the planning to the end of the reception. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Martin · Married on 08/10/2013

Jennifer, the Director of Catering, was easy to work with and very professional in planning the wedding. The party went smoothly and exceeded all expectations. The Hall was beautiful, the food at cocktail hour and dinner was plentiful and delicious. The outdoor patio was a big hit and the staff was attentive and gracious. Kerry and Cassey ensured all went well during the evening. Jennifer not only helped us plan the wedding but was also there to assist when needed. We could not be more pleased with the evening. Marty and Betty

Sent on 09/01/2013

Pamela · Married on 07/28/2013

YES YES YES! CATERING AT ITS BEST! The galloping hill Golf Course truly made my day memorable. It rained a few showers and even still they accommodated the venue beautifully. I got married on Sunday July 28, 2013 and I wouldnt change a thing. Did I mention the food is phenomenal?! my guest could not stop talking about the quality and taste of the food. The staff were very professional and enjoyed themselves as well. I hope that the galloping hill golf course staff never loose their enthusiasm and love for catering so that every bride and groom can have the same magical experience.

Sent on 07/31/2013

David · Married on 06/07/2013

My wife and I were blown away with Jennifer and the staff at Galloping Hills. We were treated like royalty and received personal service from the moment we booked our wedding until the last guest left. Several of our guests commented that the appetizers and food were the best they had ever had. We could not be happier with our choice of venue. Also note that they have a ceremony site on the grounds. We had our ceremony there also and it was perfect.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Theresa · Married on 09/25/2016

the director of sales is a tightly wind person ask for everything anything free or discounts because she will charge you for everything you ask for i got a great deal!!!! originally she wanted to charge me and fiance at the time now husband for each vendor that was involved and that adds up so we agreed that 5 vendors free no cost and also children weren't free so i had to negotiate that as well i got 20 kids free... she was going to charge me $45.00 per kid plus tax that was over $1,00O

However our wedding day was great we took pictures on the golf course and i am sure the photos came out great...

Sent on 10/03/2016

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course's reply:

Hello private user...I am unsure who this is as you are not identifying who you are on the review (private user). It sounds like you had a wonderful wedding at our venue. This is not our typical pricing structure, however, we are a very good value for the majestic location, hosting one wedding at a time, our attention to detail, organization and exceptional cuisine. Congratulations on your Wedding and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
    Thank you for the 4.9 star rating!

Michael Campise · Married on 04/27/2019

April Wedding

We were just married here only a week ago and had a fantastic experience. Friends and family speak so lovingly about the day. The venue was wide open, service was outstanding and Jennifer was on top of all of the planning. Food was great, setup was a breeze and everyone was so helpful. We are so fortunate that they were our venue!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rocio · event on 05/03/2015

We had our daughter's communion party at The Clubhouse last Sunday and we were very pleased with the outcome. The staff was professional, courteous and quick to respond and service us. A special thanks to Frank who kept me informed and updated on every detail of the party especially when the cake didnt arrive and reminded me to take pictures before cutting the cake. The staff was constantly on top of serving us drinks, The venue is beautiful and we were blessed with a beautiful sunny day in which we were able to enjoy the balcony outside.
    We enjoyed our time at the venue and would recommend it to everyone.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Alicia · Married on 03/15/2014

LOVED my wedding here. I looked at around 10 other halls and booked this one before it was even done being built. Nothing compared to this place. The views and grounds are AMAZING and it was exactly what I wanted. Would definitely recommend this place!!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Ngina · Married on 09/03/2016

I recently got married at the Galloping Hill Golf Course over Labor Day weekend. The entire team made dreams I didn't even know I had come true. They truly offered a unique experience than any other venue (your guests get to ride in golf carts!!!!). Everyone ate until their hearts and bellies were content. The food was plentiful and flavorful. Once you drop everything off a few days before your wedding, it's the biggest relief ever. Jennifer and her team are like little fairies that put everything in its proper place. I forgot to mention the most important thing...it's a cost effective option. This venue will help stretch your budget a little further and most of the basics are included. Definitely put this on on your list!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Christine · Married on 09/12/2014

I had my wedding at Galloping Hill Golf Course on Friday 9/12/14. I booked the venue a year from the date, shortly after they had just started to do weddings. I loved the staff and that only one wedding would be able to take place at a time, so you basically had the whole place to yourself. I fell in love with the venue the minute I saw it and knew that this would be the venue I wanted to have my wedding at. There were a few mini hiccups throughout the night, but that is given for any big event with a lot of people. The food was beyond amazing and the staff was exceptional. I had family members call me off the hook after the wedding, to tell me and my family how wonderful everything was at the wedding. My Great Aunt who is 82 years old, even said that our wedding was the best wedding she has been to in the 82 years she has been alive. Boy does that say a lot about a venue and its staff! Jen was phenomenal and was there for us when needed and Cynthia, the bridal assistant, couldn’t be more helpful and genuine. Great Job Galloping Hill. Thank you for assisting in making my wedding the best day of my life!

Sent on 10/16/2014

PeggyAnne · Married on 06/29/2013

Our wedding day at the Clubhouse at the Galloping Hill Golf Course was a beautiful affair. The venue is simple and elegant. There is an outdoor terrace, which was used during our cocktail hour, that offers beautiful views of the golf course. The look of the main ballroom is spectacular. The food offered by the Galloping Hill was delicious. We've received many compliments on the food at the cocktail hour as well as the dinner and the viennese extravaganza. We were only the second wedding at the venue so there are some areas which could be improved. The main ballroom became quite warm and the sun was glaring in our guests eyes during the beginning of the reception. This could be improved by placing shades or curtains over the windows, which we were told would happen for future events. There are other small issues that need to be worked out as well, but our wedding went quite smoothly considering it was only the second wedding there. All in all, we were thrilled with our choice to have our wedding at the Galloping Hill Golf Course and would recommend it to others.

Sent on 07/22/2013

AMA · Married on 10/09/2016

Jennifer and her staff were amazing!!! Our bridal attendant was awesome. She took care of us the entire night making sure we are and had drinks. Working with Jennifer was fun and a bit challenging at times because obviously I've never planned a wedding. We were married 10/9/16. It was raining all day and cold. The rain finally stopped around 2 but remained gloomy. Jennifer came to see if we wanted to move it indoors. We didn't. And it turned out to be beautiful! The sun came out and her staff got everything set up with ease! Everyone raved about the cocktail hour and the signature rum punch! Thank you very much for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/27/2016

John · Married on 07/31/2015

What a great place and team they have here at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course.
    they really made it a very special day for us.
    All of our guests raved about the service and the food ...it was great.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Dinis · Married on 06/29/2013

The reception hall room is too sunny, guests had sun in their eyes for the beginning of the night. Windows need to be either tinted or drapped, this would also help w/ the room temperature. The room was too hot for my liking and I was told the AC was on full blast.

Otherwise a great place, it was only the second wedding there I believe so just a few kinks to workout.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course's reply:

Thank you for your review, it was such a beautiful wedding, the pair of you were wonderful to work with throughout the planning process. Thank you for your constructive comments about the room...We agree the sun is strong during that time of the evening in the summer, beautiful blinds are being installed that will keep the heat out and the cool air in, block the sun glare while still showcasing our stunning panoramic views. Once the sun sets, we will have the ability to open up the blinds. Thank you again for choosing the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course for your most special wedding celebration. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Y

Yasmin · Married on 09/01/2017

3.5

Galloping Hill Clubhouse was one of the 1st venues we considered since it was about 15 minutes away from home for most of our guest and ourselves. We paid for the food tasting to make sure we liked the food and we had a great experience since. The service provided on the day of our wedding topped it off. The wedding concierge Christina and her assistant Ory were fantastic! They were on point throughout the day, very professional and helped us have a joyful stress-free day. My now husband and I would now have changed a thing about the day went, from the decor to the time of clean up. All of items we brought were nicely packed for us and by the exit door. The food was great , the waiting staff, the bartenders, everyone just met and exceeded our expectations. Thank you Galloping Hills Clubhouse!

Sent on 10/03/2017

We had our wedding at Galloping Hill and it was terrific. Jennifer came through the day of and really ran a tight ship, which I loved. She made the timeline stay on point and kept everyone going where they needed to be. Her assistant Jessica was sweet and I loved spending time with her. She seemed like someone I would genuinely want to spend time with, and I think it's important to have people around you on you wedding day that you like, even if it's just a vendor.

We got rave reviews about food and about the place, which we were hoping for. We had our ceremony outside, which was a dream of mine and it was perfect. The location was beautiful and I was told that some deer ran by before I arrived, which was awesome. All in all we had a great time and it was truly beautiful.

The only negative was that there were some special alcohol requests we had arranged that the bartenders for some reason didn't seem to be aware of, so when I fond out about it, as it was for our fathers, I pulled the bride card and it seemed to be rectified pretty quickly. It annoyed me but only very briefly, as I said got corrected quickly.

What I would say to other brides too is after you book, don't expect to here from the venue much until it gets closer. I was reaching out with questions and requests etc and the response time wasn't great which put a bad taste in my mouth but when it got closer I realized it wasn't a poor reflection on them and that they did care about my event, it's just they have a hundred other events to deal with and when yours is a year away your not really a priority. Once I understood that I felt much better about the relationship and as I said it showed as they did a wonderful job.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Rob · Married on 05/26/2017

3.5
      3.0

Our reception was amazing! The venue is beautiful, and you can't beat the view of the golf course from the terrace. The food during the cocktail hour and main reception was delicious, and the open bar had a good selection. Our bridal concierge, Cynthia was incredible. She made sure we were taken care of all night, got us drinks and even packed us leftovers.
    The process leading up the wedding wasn't quite as great though. Some details that we agreed upon were changed, even AFTER we signed a contract. For instance, we were told our food tasting would be private just for us and our parents. This was changed to a huge event where about 20 couples and their families were all jammed into the room. The "food tasting" also ended up just being a giant sales pitch for Absolute Celebrations, who apparently work a lot of weddings at the venue. This was very off-putting to us and our parents. Also, the staff at the venue had the start time for our cocktail hour wrong. After telling them that we were starting at 6 and not 7, they still contacted our vendors and told them the wrong start time. It all got sorted out at the last minute though, so no harm no foul.
    Despite the bumpy road during the planning, our actual wedding reception ended up being a fantastic party. I recommend Galloping Hill for the location and the view. Just be extra diligent and make sure all the details are ironed out before your big day.

Sent on 06/01/2017

3.0

We fell in love with the place from the moment we walked in, even though it didn’t have up the walls yet. We loved the view of the golf course and the overall feel of the place.

The food tasting was great and so intimate. They really made us feel special because it was just us and our parents. We were really able to enjoy the entire process. The food was phenomenal and the chef was great. He even came out to go over everything with us and made great suggestions along the way. Everyone at the wedding loved that we went with a skirt steak.

Jennifer was good to work with, at times a little hard to get in touch with, but on the week leading up to it and the day of she was fantastic. We also loved our server Cynthia she was fantastic as well.

Sent on 08/03/2014