Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course Reviews

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 5
Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 6
Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course 7

Jillian · Married on 05/21/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception at Galloping Hill Golf Course. From when we first stepped foot at the venue, we knew that we had to book it! Jennifer is an amazing consultant, and was always helpful along the way. The food tasting was a super fun experience while planning, and was nice because it was just our party--nobody else was doing a tasting. Our wedding cake was included in the package, plus their per person rate was about $15 lower than similar venues we looked at. We really wanted a modern/contemporary feel, and Galloping Hill certainly provided that!

On the day of, I had hoped for an outdoor ceremony. Luckily, we were able to do the rehearsal outside but at the last moment we had to move the ceremony inside. Everything was moved quickly while guests were arriving. Several people told me they were shocked that the ceremony room was also half of the dining room (which was set during the cocktail hour). Despite the rain, we still had the best night ever. We even got an incredible shot in the rain out on the bridge that overlooks the Garden State Parkway.

Also, Cynthia was our attendant for the night and she honestly felt like family by the end of it! She was amazing, and brought us food and drinks and checked in on us--she even made sure we both sat down to actually enjoy our dinner together. She was just great, one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

I definitely recommend having your wedding at this venue! Ours was perfect, we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Kathryn · Married on 05/14/2016

Everything was perfect. Best wedding ever.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Janine · Married on 04/22/2016

Everything Jennifer and her team did was above and beyond, I can't even describe how amazing they were!! Cynthia, our Bridal Concierge, was the most amazing human to have with us throughout our entire day. It was all so magical thanks to EVERYONE at Galloping Hill!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/02/2016

Best venue ever!! My wedding was above and beyond what I dreamed of! Jennifer had great ideas and suggestions and attention to detail!! The food was outstanding! All of my guests were extremely pleased! Everything went so smoothly! I wish we can do it again!!!! I highly recommend this venue for weddings as well as other events!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Harry · event on 03/26/2016

The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill was very accommodating as we first had to change the date of our daughter's Bat Mitzvah. From the recommendation of the bakery to the selection of the menu the staff led by Jennifer was very professional and extremely helpful. They allowed us test our computer we used to run the photo montage on multiple occasions. Food and service was excellent. We received all favorable reviews from our guests and would highly recommend Galloping Hill as a great place to hold an event.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Stacey · event on 02/05/2016

The Galloping Hills staff was great to work with. They were flexible and accommodating and graciously rescheduled our event due to a blizzard. They worked well with our vendors. There were many great food choices. The room was beautiful. I highly recommend Galloping Hill.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Kenny · Married on 11/07/2015

This venue is wonderful! I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a reasonably priced venue that provides excellent service, wonderful food and awesome support. Jennifer Forshee made wedding planning easy, as she provided terrific insight and expertise, was timely on her responses, efficient in her work and extremely accommodating to our needs. She was able to work with a large guest list (a little over 200), a big wedding party (8 groomsmen and 4 bridesmaids), not to mention putting up with the guys! All the guests loved the food, the cocktail hour options and the decor of the venue. Even with over 200 guests, the space did not feel cramped, as everyone sat comfortably and the dance floor was not compromised. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at Galloping Hills and everything ran smoothly. We did not have any issues leading up to and certainly did not have any issues the day of our wedding! Everyone is very cordial and professional and Jennifer is extremely personable and made us feel like she was part of the family, as she was genuinely as excited as we were about everything! I would give more than 5 stars if it were possible for a review.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/11/2015

I had a wonderful ceremony and reception at the galloping hill golf course. The food was phenomenal and everything was absolutely beautiful. The staff was very professional and helpful as we planned our day. Our wedding was over a month ago and we still have family and friends telling us how wonderful our day was. We lucked out with weather (hurricane the weekend before and frigid temperatures the weekend after) so we were very grateful. The venue is gorgeous and everything turned out even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Erika · Married on 08/28/2015

FANTASTIC!! I only had my wedding last night, and I could not wait to write my review!! Everything from start to finish was ON POINT! The ceremony was beautiful, and all the guests loved riding in the golf cart! Jennifer is great!!! She has been SO helpful with everything...from our first visit 14 month ago, to when we stopped by this morning to pick up all of our decorations! I sent her (what seemed like) endless emails asking silly little questions and she was always so prompt in responding! The planning process of a wedding can be such a stressful thing, but the second I walked into the venue the night of, every single doubt, fear, and worry vanished! Advice to brides: stop worrying! Relax and Enjoy! Every single staff member knew exactly what to do to make sure we were comfortable, stress free, and having a good time. Their organization is impeccable. Cynthia was our attendant for the evening. She is the KINDEST, SWEETEST, MOST HELPFUL person ever!!! WE LOVE HER!!!! After the ceremony, my husband and I were able spend a few minutes in the bridal suite. (this was such a lovely moment, and a very nice touch) Cynthia brought us all the food we could eat from cocktail hour so that we wouldn't be missing out. She certainly made sure we were well fed! Didn't get a chance to eat all your food from the evening? No worries! Cynthia will make sure EVERYTHING gets wrapped up for you to take home! We currently have enough leftovers for a week! She was also so accommodating and was there for us all night with whatever we needed. We seriously CANNOT thank her enough!! Thumbs up to the bartenders too! GREAT drinks!! Overall, it was SUCH a beautiful evening, and we could not be happier. It's only been 24 hours, but we are already hearing amazing feedback from all of our guests! Simply Wonderful!!!

Sent on 08/29/2015

Abby · Married on 08/15/2015

My husband and I absolutely loved everything about our wedding at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course. When we first booked the wedding we loved the venue, especially the stunning golf course views and the attentiveness of the staff. Once things came around to the big day, we really felt comfortable that everything was in place and we didn't have anything to worry about. The management really took the time to work with us on all the details of our wedding and as per reviews from our family and friends, our guests were truly wowed by all that they offered.
    As the bride, it's easy to get overwhelmed on your wedding day. I personally have to say that the staff was so accommodating that my family, our wedding party and I really didn't have to worry about anything. The bridal concierge was amazing making sure we had food and anything we needed and this really stood out to us. I look back thinking about how smoothly everything ran and how delicious all the food was. I also had an amazing day and will never forget how wonderful our wedding was!
    Our wedding was even featured in the Star Ledger and on nj.com the following week!
    We truly appreciate all that Jennifer Forshee and the staff at Galloping Hill did for us and we would recommend this amazing venue to all. Gorgeous views, amazing food, attentive staff, beautiful grounds... who could ask for more?

Sent on 10/17/2015

Beth · Married on 06/07/2015

My husband and I loved everything about our wedding at The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill! Jennifer and Jessica were AMAZING on the day-of and Cynthia, the bridal attendant, is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. They treated us like family and got us anything we needed. We had a few last minute changes the night before/morning of the wedding and Jennifer made it work, no questions asked. Jessica kept me calm and entertained throughout pre-wedding pics and golf cart rides, which helped with all the nerves. The best part of this venue is by far the service. Our tasting was personalized, which my mother in law loved, and they sent us home with so many treats after the wedding. I would highly recommend The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill for anyone looking for a great value, very attentive staff, and a beautiful setting!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Clubhouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course's reply:

Thank you Beth for such a wonderful review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write on our review board. It was a pleasure working with You and Chris and we wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness. Send us pictures! Keep in touch! Jennifer Lynn Forshee, Director of Catering.

Amelia · event on 05/23/2015

We celebrated our daughter's Ph.D. Graduation with a wonderful party held on May 23, 2015. We wanted a more upscale event befitting our daughter's extraordinary achievement. This venue was a perfect choice! It is beautiful inside and out, the food is excellent, and the staff is professional and easy to work with. Over the past 15 years, we have hosted one sort of event or another in probably every major catering facility in Union County, NJ. I can honestly say that The ClubHouse at Galloping Hill Golf Course is certainly the best with the most beautiful grounds of all, huge windows overlooking the golf course and a balcony/terrace off the banquet room--great ambiance, food, and service! Our party was a superb, memorable event for our daughter as well as for all of our guests! I wholeheartedly recommend this venue to all!

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/02/2015

My husband and I are SO happy we choose Galloping Hill Golf Course as our wedding venue. We booked this venue WAY before it even opened with NO reviews to look at, NO actual weddings to see and it didn't matter! Jennifer promised our wedding would be everything we dreamt of and she was absolutely right!
    Jennifer was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to end! She never lost patience with my endless questions and was always so sweet! I'll never forget when Jennifer showed us the ballroom the day of the wedding and being completely blown away at how beautiful everything came out! This venue is the PERFECT place if you're looking for a sleek & trendy but elegant look! No ugly drapes or carpets here! Brides, your imagination can run WILD if you choose this venue! The views of the golf course are absolutely beautiful, the wrap around terrace was perfect for our cigar roller! It's truly an amazing venue, beautiful inside and out!
    Cynthia, our bridal attendant, was by far the most sweetest & AMAZING person ever! She was so attentive to not only my husband and I, but to our bridal party as well. She always made sure that everything was fine or if we needed anything but we never had to ask for a single thing because she knew we needed it before we even knew! We absolutely adored her! The food is definitely not your typical wedding food, it's actually DELICIOUS! The steak & sea bass was EVERYTHING! Cynthia packed us to go bags for us to enjoy back at the hotel and it was SO GOOD after our long night of dancing! Our reception was more than we could've imagined and it's all thanks to the amazing staff at Galloping Hill Golf Course! We cannot thank them enough! Book your wedding here and you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Rielle · Married on 03/28/2015

The Clubhouse at Galloping Hill was simply fabulous!!! The venue is modern and NEW and offers a beautiful environment at a great value! The staff was wonderful and worked with us throughout the whole process, answering every question and concern quickly and professionally! Jennifer was super easy to work with and made sure everything was organized and simple for us! Cynthia, our bridal attendant, was a dream; she made sure anything we needed we got and that we were happy and relaxed! The food was OUTSTANDING; I still am hearing from people how much they loved the food! We cannot say enough about this place; we will certainly be using the venue in the future! (They can split the room in half with a very real-looking "wall" for smaller events).

Sent on 04/06/2015

Ashwin · event on 03/14/2015

We held our baby shower more than a week ago and we couldn't be more pleased! We fell in love with the space when we walked in but were unsure whether the kitchen could pull off Indian cuisine for our guests. Chef Romano went over and above our requests and provided such amazing Indian appetizers and entrees that our guests are still talking about it! Jennifer too was very helpful with all the co-ordination and the service was excellent. More than one guest commented on how professional and helpful the servers were.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Cassandra · Married on 01/03/2015

The whole staff at the galloping hill was absolutely amazing!! With a year of preparations and planning my dream wedding came true!! Thank all of you for making that happen!! Everybody keeps talking about how gorgeous the place is and how amazing the food was!! Cynthia and Jennifer were on top of everything!! Anything my husband and I needed they were right there!! I will definitely be recommending the galloping hill to everybody!! Thank you for making my dream wedding a reality!! I truly felt like a princess!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

laura · Married on 01/03/2015

What a wonderful place for my daughter's wedding. The space is spectacular, the food delicious, staff attentive, and cost reasonable.

Sent on 01/05/2015

JESSICA · Married on 12/06/2014

Having my wedding at Galloping Hill was absolutely a dream come true! Jennifer, the wedding coordinator, and her staff made my wedding day fantastic and beautiful. Jennifer was a phenomenal to work with. She answered my inquiries and even answered emails up until 1am at night! She was so well organized and so detail oriented that all my bridesmaid adored her for making my wedding so stress free.
    My attendant, Cynthia, was so wonderful and fantastic I wish I could take her home with me. Cynthia anticipated all my need prior to me asking.
    My guest all loved the food and could not stop talking about how well fed they were when they left!
    Galloping Hill was a lovely venue. The Golf course and grounds were a beautiful backdrop for wedding pictures. In addition, having my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception making it very easy and worry free for my guest.
    I would recommend Galloping Hill to anyone who wants hold any event here!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill! My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and our reception here on November 8th, 2014, and it truly was a night to remember. From the day we signed our contract, until the absolute last minute of our wedding, we received service that was above and beyond our expectations.
    Jennifer is absolutely amazing, and wonderful to work with! She helped us through every step of the process and offered great ideas to customize our special day. We are so thankful for all of her help! The day of the wedding, Chris, the banquet manager, was very accommodating, & if by chance there were any issues going on behind the scenes, my guests and I had no idea. He had everything under control & seemed to enjoy himself the whole night. Cynthia, the bridal attendant, did everything and more to make sure my husband, myself, our family, and our entire bridal party were happy and had everything we needed. She could not be any nicer and everyone adored her! She even packed up a ton of food for my husband and I to take home with us so we could enjoy it the next day!
    My guests have not stopped raving about our wedding, especially the food! Every single cocktail hour passed hors d'oeuvre, every cocktail hour station, and every meal option were delicious! I also must mention the chef - he found out that my husband's grandfather unfortunately could not attend our wedding because he was admitted to the hospital the day before, and he took it upon himself to package up one of each dinner option, and a piece of cake, and sent it home for his grandfather to enjoy at the hospital. This made my husband's grandparents so happy and really let him feel like he got to experience some of our day.
    The venue is beautiful and I could not be happier that we chose the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill for our wedding! I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Patricia · Married on 10/03/2014

My husband and I had our wedding at the Galloping Hills Golf Course in Kenilworth, NJ and could not be more pleased!! The staff throughout the entire process were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and approachable! The view of the golf course off the terrace with the fire pits made a great atmosphere for our fall wedding. I highly recommend without reservation and wish I could relive every minute of the process again!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Vanessa · Married on 09/20/2014

Jennifer and the team at Galloping Hill truly made our wedding an unforgettable experience! They collaborated with us on every detail, and accommodated our personal preferences, wishes and hopes for the perfect ceremony and reception. Our guests were treated with the utmost care, and had a wonderful time as a result. We could not have asked for a better venue, and would recommend them to any bride and groom who desire a dream wedding experience.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

We had an unbelievable wedding at the Galloping Hill Golf Course on August 23. My husband and I live in Union County, and after looking at several venues all over the state, we couldn't believe that our ideal spot was so local! Our ceremony was held in the picturesque ceremony space. All of the guests enjoyed being driven down to the ceremony space in golf carts. The food at our cocktail hour was outstanding. We loved that the Club House offered an excellent selection of cocktail stations and passed hors d'oeuvres - classics along with many unique options. The menu options were much more contemporary than the other venues - great for foodies! During the cocktail hour, our 220 guests and they were able to comfortably mingle in the interior space and out on the balcony. The reception hall looked gorgeous - the space feels clean, fresh, elegant, and fun!

Jennifer and her team did an amazing job preparing for the event and making sure everything went off without a hitch. Our staff for the day of the event was also excellent. My bridal concierge, Cynthia, super helpful to us and our parents and had the best attitude! I can't recommend this place enough!!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Josh & Colleen · Married on 08/09/2014

Had our wedding on 8/9/14 and it was fantastic. Jennifer was great throughout the entire process from booking the wedding through the reception. The entire staff was incredible, anything we needed they made sure we had. The view over the golf course from the balcony during the sunset was spectacular, the food for both cocktail hour and dinner was delicious. Everyone had a great time, I could not say enough wonderful things about the staff or the venue. Everything is brand new and looks amazing.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Erin · Married on 08/08/2014

We booked this venue while it was still in the construction stage. We loved that the venue was going to be new, updated and beautifully furnished. I cannot tell you how happy my (now) husband and I am with how our wedding reception turned out. Jennifer, the Sales Catering Manager, is such an asset to the clubhouse team. She was beyond accommodating, quick to respond to any questions, eager to please and a true professional. The whole planning process went so smoothly, I would gladly do it all over again! From picking our linens, to choosing our menu at our personal food tasting, the entire staff was a pleasure! Our bridal concierge, Cynthia, was outstanding. The event catering manager, Chris, was awesome. We had SO MANY guests come up to us throughout the night to say how gorgeous the place was, how AMAZING all the food was and how nice Jennifer was! The huge outdoor space on the back veranda allowed our guests to enjoy a beautiful sunset as well! We were totally blown away on our wedding day, everything was absolutely perfect and so much more than we could have ever imagined! We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding. We HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this venue! Thank you to everyone at the Clubhouse at Galloping Hill! You made our dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Christine · Married on 08/03/2014

We actually booked before it was finished being built, but Jenn Forshee was continuously in contact with us via email and able to answer our questions promptly as they arose. On the big day, we were allowed to enter the premises as early as we wanted to set up and settle in. The bridal suite was spacious and comfortable, and the LARGE bridal bathroom was stocked with tons of emergency supplies, from band-aids to hairspray to safety pins to tampons. I'm not kidding when I say there was literally a suitcase full of that stuff on the bathroom counter. About 15 minutes into hair and makeup there arrived an ice bucket with champagne, soda, sparkling and still water for us. The bridal assistant (Cynthia!) is exactly who you want by your side all night long. I never wanted for a drink or food. She was even there to remind me to eat and enjoy myself when I got too busy with guests. When someone in the wedding party inquired about packing up food for me, Cynthia said, "MY brides NEVER go hungry," and boy, was she right. The guys had the club locker room for getting dressed. My guy said it was super clean and nice. The catering manager, Chris, was amazing. He bought us all lunch on the wedding day and had it brought to us while we got ready! This guy is a genius at anticipating needs before you know you have them. My photographer was shocked that we were allowed to basically go wherever we wanted for pictures, she said most golf courses limit you to a small area. The ceremony grounds are gorgeous. I honestly can't say enough about how wonderful the whole experience was. All night long the food displays were fresh and beautiful AND DELICIOUS. We also highly recommend adding the Viennese Extravaganza as we did. It was definitely an extra POW at the end of the night. We highly recommend this venue for a truly beautiful, memorable, stress-free, and enjoyable wedding. Five stars, hands down.

Sent on 08/09/2014