Club 86 Reviews

43 | Geneva, NY

43 Reviews for Club 86

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Morgan · Married on 08/11/2018

We had our wedding here and we cannot recommend club 86 enough!! It is the most amazing venue! The food is absolutely to die for and the space is awesome with a cool history. We still get people telling us how amazing the food and venue were! Alex was amazing to work with while planning our wedding and was so quick to respond to my emails any time of day! Terri was great to work with the few days leading up to the wedding as well. They both made sure that the reception was absolutely perfect!

Rebecca · Married on 09/23/2017

I can not say enough about this wonderful place. My husband & I got married here and couldn't have asked for a better venue. The venue is absolutely elegant. The food melts in your mouth. I want to thank all of the staff for making our special day absolutely flawless.

Kay · Married on 08/13/2017

Lori made our wedding cake and it was absolutely delicious. Everyone loved both flavors! Thanks so much

Laurie · Married on 07/29/2017

Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception at Club 86 in Geneva. (July 29, 2017) We were blown away by the overall experience. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food, atmosphere and overall experience. They made us feel confident that we did not have to worry about a thing. The reception area was set up exactly as discussed. We had sole use of the club. Bill, Alex and Terry and the rest of the staff were amazing to our guests and us! From preparing a “platter” of food for a late arriving guest that had been delayed at the airport to retuning to the kitchen to prepare and serve a slice of beef medium rare that a guest had mentioned as a preference to in the buffet line. We couldn’t praise them enough!

As a wedding venue we couldn’t fault anything. The food was out of this world and our guests commented on the quality of food and outstanding service they received. They started receiving our guests at 2:30 pm and the last of our guests left at 11:30 pm!! That’s right…A 9 hour reception of non-stop music and dancing. NOT once were we asked or made to feel as though we needed to leave. In the end, everything we had brought into the venue was neatly packed up and ready for pick up the next morning. The venue played a huge part in the success of our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding experience! Many of our guests stated it was their first time at the venue (Club 86) and commented, “It was the best wedding reception they had ever been to!” Thank you Club 86 for creating an unforgettable day!!!

Nichole · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I had our reception at this venue. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the venue, staff, and overall experience.

To start, the venue is incredible! We had approximately 200 guests at our reception and the age range was huge. This venue had everything for everyone. There were quieter places for folks to sit and chat, the dance floor was large enough for those who wanted to dance, and overall there was tons of room for people to walk and mingle. Everything was spotless and had been recently renovated; it was just gorgeous!

The staff were incredible. Everyone was genuinely nice and beyond helpful. Alex was the main person I worked with and she was extremely responsive to emails and was patient with my mother and I as we asked about a million questions. A couple of days before the wedding we were able to drop everything off for our centerpieces and other decorations. It was such a huge relief to be able to explain how we wanted things set up and to walk into the reception and to see what we wanted. For the set-up, I worked with Terry and she was incredible and so accommodating. Even more, she was kind and put my worries at ease. Finally, the waitstaff and bar tenders were incredible. I had a family member show up late and without saying a word, a huge plate of food was brought over to him. My husband was never empty handed because the waitstaff made sure there was always a beer in his hand. And for weeks after the reception my family made endless comments about how wonderful everyone was that worked there, by the end of the night I think they were adopted into our family.

Overall, I could not ask for anything better. I sincerely felt like my husband and I had a reception fit for royalty. The food, the service, the drinks, and atmosphere were all exactly what we were looking for. It was because of Club 86 that our wedding is STILL talked about as the best wedding our guests had ever attended (our wedding was a year ago).

Meghan · Married on 07/01/2017

We had an amazing experience at Geneva Country Club and with club 86. The venue was amazing, Everyone raved about the food! It was more than we could ever ask for! The girls (Sarah and Alex) went above and beyond! They made our wedding perfect! Thank you!!!

Meg · Married on 06/10/2017

Club 86 catered our wedding and we were so happy with how everything turned out! We met with the owner prior to the wedding, and he gave us great suggestions for the menu and also talked through the details with us. Our wedding was on a family member's lawn, and they were very reassuring and professional in regards to making sure everything ran smoothly. The staff did an excellent job with setting everything up, clean up, and most importantly, the food was amazing!!! We received many compliments on how good the food was!

Nancy · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding (May 2017) was at the GENEVA COUNTRY CLUB (GCC). We have nothing but wonderful things to say about the venue and the staff. From the beginning, they were extremely helpful in providing us information and guiding us as we planned our dream wedding. They always responded to calls/emails promptly and were very accommodating with all our requests.
    Our actual wedding day was amazing, even better than we could have imagined. Everything went so smoothly and the staff was extremely professional and helpful. The view of the lake from the patio, as well as inside, is breathtaking.
    We refer to the GCC as the hidden gem of the Finger Lakes. The view of the lake is incredible, the staff is outstanding, the food is great – and all of this at a reasonable cost.
    We had many compliments from our guests about the food and the venue overall — many actually told us it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to.

Colleen · Married on 08/12/2016

Club 86 Bagels and Cakes made our wedding cake for our August 2016 wedding. The cake was so delicious and all of our guests loved it. Lori was great to work with and very helpful with designing our cake. We plan on stopping into the bakery every time we visit Geneva (we had a "destination" wedding so to say)

Club 86 is very accommodating and professional. We made a few adjustments along the way which they took in stride. They were kind enough to come and survey the reception facility and give suggestions on food placement. The wait staff was nothing but professional and kind to our guests and myself. They went above and beyond our expectations, and their duties, to make sure our event ran smoothly. Clean up was excellent. Food was raved about. They allowed us to work within our budget to create a magical night. They listened to our wants and needs and came through with flying colors! Not only would I recommend Club 86, I can't wait for another event so I can use their services again!

Emily · Married on 05/28/2016

Our wedding reception took place at the Geneva Country Club in May. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, Alex and Sarah accommodated all of our requests in a short amount of time. We were the first reception since they took over the planning portion of the country club and they weren't phased by the short time frame due to poor previous planning by the previous employee. They worked with our reception ideas from changing the seating arrangement to face the lake, allowed for outdoor lawn games, and kept our budget in mind with all of our planning. They allowed for an upbeat and positive experience by having an organic planning discussion and the reception was all that we hoped for and more! I have passed on to future brides looking for venues and will continue to do the same. -Emily and Ben

Sheila · Married on 04/09/2016

Club 86 has proven itself to our very large family on a few occassions now. My brothers wedding was held there last October and just this weekend they catered my daughters wedding. I wish I could give them more than 5 stars... Everything they did was above and beyond for both events. Very professional, very flexible and very fun to work with! I highly recommend them. Our HS will be holding their Prom there this May. I can't think of any better venue! Great prices, amazing staff and delicious food.

Kristina · Married on 11/28/2015

Everyone at Club 86 was amazing! They came out to our wedding venue and did a whole floor plan from where food would be placed to where guest tables and band would fit. There food is beyond delicious. People are still raving about it!

Great prices and team here. They helped me figure out many pieces for my wedding I needed help with. They were well priced and the team who ran my reception were great. The staff was very friendly and made sure my night was amazing. So thankful they were there!

Emma · Married on 08/08/2015

Bill, Lori, Greg, Terry and their staff provided the absolute best services for my wedding. Everything I wanted they provided, and went above and beyond. They will sit with you and listen to your ideas and make you feel at home. You couldn't go wrong hiring Club 86, weddings are what they do!

Valerie · Married on 06/06/2015

We used Club 86 for our wedding cake. It was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted! They have lots of flavors to choose from, we did 2 different ones, carrot with cream cheese frosting, and the lemon with raspberry filling, they were both so good! They are very reasonable for wedding cake vendors and they did a perfect job setting up the cake. We met with the baker before hand and she went over every detail with us. Then we provided the ribbon we wanted and they did the rest. Would highly recommend this bakery for anyone looking for a wedding cake (or any type of cake for that matter!!) Thank you Club 86!!

Chelsea · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding was amazing Thanks to Club 86. Amazing food, great service and SO MUCH FUN! They know how to put on a wedding because they've been doing it for so long. The venue choice was a no brainier for us and our expectations were exeeded! We even got our wedding cake through them which was really convenient and not to mention delicious & beautiful. We would pick club 86 again a million times.

Kassie · Married on 05/24/2014

They know how to throw a good party! The food was excellent, they come with new creative menus and ways to display everything modernly. They work closely with you in ensuring you get the wedding reception youve always wanted! They were very attentive and my wedding was everything I could have wanted and more!

Lyndsay · Married on 09/07/2013

I had read many reviews about Lori at Club 86 that had me worried on her responsiveness, but I will say that our experience was fantastic! Lori responded to every e-mail I sent. Our consultation was perfect and the day of our wedding, I walked in to find a cake that was exactly what we wanted! All of our guests raved about how great it tasted. Plus, the price was the most reasonable I found!

Thank you so much!

Club 86 does an amazing job with wedding receptions. They will work with you on menu choices and bar options. They are also very organized and responsive to questions and concerns. They set up my centerpieces and other displays beautifully. And, the food is the best. If you want your guests to have great meals and appetizers, this is where you want your wedding reception. I would recommend Club 86 for wedding receptions or any other large parties, as my bridal shower was also there.

Jaclyn · Married on 09/22/2012

Club 86 Bagels and Cakes did our wedding cake for us (I couldn't find the right category for the review; sorry!) Lori was a pleasure to work with, as it was just straight to the point and there was no confusion. You never had to wonder where you stood or what the expectations were. Lori had us come in and when we arrived we were given about 5 or 6 pieces of cake to try. We loved all of them but we especially liked the yellow cake with raspberry filling. This whole process was one of the easiest in our wedding planning and certainly the most fun. :) We had heard good things about Club 86 and they lived up to the expectation. What's even better is that they had THE BEST PRICE. So, you get a delicious cake, that came out beautiful, and at a good price. I'm not always the easiest to please and Club 86 did an excellent job. At the last minute, I even added another cake to celebrate my fathers birthday (which so happened to be the same day as our wedding). Lori just added that on and everyone RAVED about it. Thank you for our wonderful wedding cake and making this so easy for us. If it already isn't clear, I would highly recommend them to anyone. :))))

Billy worked with us every step of the way. We chose the buffet option and we were able to make it fit our needs. We dropped everything off a few days before the wedding and the staff at Club 86 had everything set up amazingly. It was beautiful. The food and staff were fantastic.

• Rebekah

Rebekah · Married on 06/30/2012

Worth every penny of what you spend. Most beautiful and comfortable reception location, highly trained and experienced staff who will work with you flawlessly and stress-free to make sure that every aspect of your day is perfect. They are extremely flexible and will work to make every one of the bride and groom's suggestions come to life!

The food was divine. Delicious 4 course meal- every guest was satisfied and we received so many compliments to the chef! Couldn't have been better.

Loved them. Would never go any where else.

Caroline · Married on 12/07/2010

Lori was a real pleasure to work with. She was easy going from the start, and once we picked out the cake design we wanted for our wedding from the pictures on the Club 86 website, there was little for us to really do but pick out the flavors! And boy, did we have a hard time narrowing it down because Club 86 can make just about any flavor you want out there. We booked Club 86 because it has a fantastic reputation around the area for making the best fruit-filled wedding cakes (several people recommended them to us), and it was definitely true. Just the right consistency and lots of fruit in it! Our guests loved it. Strawberry was delicious - the classic - and then we innovated with two additional flavors - first, a couple mango peach layers, and second, chocolate hazelnut. Yum! Lori did a great job. The cake itself was, on the outside, absolutely GORGEOUS. Truly a one-of-a-kind cake that I hadn't seen anywhere else and fell in love with when I first saw it on her website. And she worked directly with our florist to ensure that the florist could order just the right kind of flowers in the right amount to make the cake pop even more - that made the wedding day much more stress-free, not to worry about things like that.

Thank you Lori for making our wedding cake and whole experience so lovely. I would definitely recommend her and Club 86 for any events or catering needs you might have!