Cliff Nichols Photography Reviews

Cliff Nichols Photography 5
  • Matt

Matt Piver · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Makes Every Event A Success

The first time I met Cliff, I could tell he has a ton of experience. He was creative and helped make the event even more successful by going above and beyond for his clients. Way more than what was expected. This tells me he is forward thinking by looking for opportunities to make an event more enjoyable.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Janet

Janet Harris · Getting married on 12/10/2020

Hire this photographer!

Clif Nichols is so easy to communicate with, was more than prepared for our practice shoot (which turned out to be the real thing - it was awesome) and turned around the photos very quickly. He took great care editing the photos and has a unique eye for a fabulous shot. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Tanya

Tanya Trachtenberg · Married on 07/21/2019

Simply Amazing!!!

I have followed all of Cliff's volunteer photography that he does for The City of Tega Cay and Fort Mill Schools for several years. I was so impressed that I booked him for my son's Bar Mitzvah. From start to finish, I could not have been more impressed with Cliff's communication, professionalism and quality of work. I highly recommend Cliff!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Andrea Howard · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome Photography and Photo Booth!

We hired Cliff for our Wedding and couldn't have been more happy. From day one he was there to answer any of my questions and had a ton of great ideas that helped made our day a huge success. Planning a wedding from out of town wasn't supposed to be easy but Cliff literally took control and we had an amazing wedding on Lake Norman. Our photos were beautiful and Cliff's Photo Booth was a huge hit. Cliff was great to work with and we couldn't have had such a wonderful day without his services!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Dawn

Dawn Owen Jones · Married on 06/08/2019

Fabulous Wedding Photographer

My husband and I selected Cliff Nichols as our photographer for our wedding on June 8th after much discussion on what we valued most in a photographer. Cliff proved to have all the assets we deemed important and ultimately exceeded our expectations!

Prior to the wedding, Cliff spent several hours with me in various phone conversations to discuss the wedding timeline, types of photos and picture poses we envisioned, and what family members/ friends we wanted in our pre- and post-ceremony photos. He was extremely thorough and detail-oriented in creating the photography timeline and list of key participants to include in the formal pictures and ensured we identified someone to help him round up the key people for pictures after the ceremony. Cliff has a knack for identifying some perfect scenes and poses to capture and notices amazing details that make his photography unique. Not to mention he has many years of experience in wedding photography (as well as videography) which shines through in his work and guidance throughout the process.

In addition to his amazing technical photography skills and experience, Cliff is extremely kind and warm and has a great sense of humor that our wedding party and guests enjoyed so much! He was incredibly friendly and fun-loving from our rehearsal until the last moment of our reception departure. I was completely comfortable and at ease with him since our initial phone conversation. We all felt as though he was part of our family by the end of the wedding and we were genuinely sad to see him leave!

Aside from his multitude of photography responsibilities, and based on his many years of wedding exposure, Cliff also provided us additional unsolicited wedding advice regarding our venue, makeup that photographs best, info on other talented wedding vendors he’s worked with (coordinators, videographers, etc.), rain plan (Plan B), and possibly the finest advice I’ve ever received.....to pause for a few moments prior to walking down the aisle and soak in all that is happening around me before taking those next big steps!

My husband and I were already so pleased with Cliff after our experiences with him before and during our wedding, but once we received all of our photos that he had individually reviewed and retouched as needed, we were incredibly pleased and happy with the final products. He delivered everything he promised and more by ensuring each photo was high quality and ready to share and display proudly for years to come! He even adjusted a small hair “flip” issue I had once I identified it in some pre-wedding photos and offered to edit that as much as possible in any of those pictures that I wanted to print/ share! :-)

Overall, my husband and I are truly grateful that we hired Cliff as our wedding photographer based on a recommendation, and we feel that we received an amazing value for our wedding photos. Cliff offered an extremely fair price for his photography and delivered his service with the utmost professionalism, friendliness, and fun! We would highly recommend him to other brides and grooms-to-be who are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, thorough, kind, light-hearted, and positive photographer! I plan to contact Cliff for other significant life events and celebrations for which we need professional photography in the future!

*All photos published in this review are courtesy of Cliff Nichols Photography*

Cliff Nichols Photography 10
    Cliff Nichols Photography 11
    Sent on 10/24/2019

Alexandra · Married on 03/11/2019

Cliff was an incredible wedding photographer! My husband I were married at The Morehead Inn in Charlotte, NC on September 25, 2010. I was impressed by Cliff's professionalism and also his attention to detail. We were on a very tight timeline with our photographs between the ceremony and the reception, and Cliff made sure that we got all the formal and informal shots we wanted and then some. He worked with my husband and I before the big day to discuss the types of shots we wanted, and he always responded quickly to emails, phone calls, etc. Prior to the wedding, Cliff helped me make a list of special photos I wanted during the reception (with childhood friends, sorority sisters, etc.) and he made sure that they happened. The quality of his photographs was exceptional as well. I was really amazed by his ability to get amazing pictures while being unobtrusive, he was never ever in the way. Cliff also took pictures from multiple angles and perspectives which I appreciated. In addition, we were planning our wedding on a budget and Cliff offered us the best photography package at the best rate. He even worked a bit overtime for us on that day to capture everything and didn't charge us for the extra time. Following the wedding, he took the time to edit all of our photos individually, and sent us the best pictures over email right away. Shortly thereafter, we received a CD of 600 plus edited images that we have been able to turn into professional wedding albums for our family members on our own. Cliff's photos really captured the joy and energy of our wedding day and I will always treasure them.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Amanda Diehl · Married on 11/22/2018

Great Photographer

Cliff did a wonderful family portrait for us. My grandmother was in town from California over Thanksgiving, and Cliff worked us in on Thanksgiving Day to take the portrait. He was very accommodating and very professional. We will use him for all of our photo needs in the future, highly recommended!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Laurie · Married on 10/13/2018

We could not have had a better experience with Cliff as our photographer for our engagement photos. I would recommend him to anyone that wants great quality images for their special days. He was so easy to work with and had such a fun personality. Thanks again Cliff!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Shayla Ruland · Married on 09/29/2018

Won’t find a better photographer

Cliff did an amazing job at my wedding. I have a big family and he did well working with many different directions. He shot some of my favorite pictures of myself and truly captured the beauty of my wedding. I’m grateful to have had him!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Patti

Patti Ruland · Married on 09/29/2018

The Best Photography in the Tri-State Area!

If you are looking for Professional and Personal Photography Service, Look no farther than Cliff Nichols! By far the Best around! Easy to work with, professional, takes his time to get to know you and what you are looking for. His prices are More than fair, while the quality of his work is Superior!

Cliff Nichols Photography 12
    Cliff Nichols Photography 18
    Cliff Nichols Photography 19
    Sent on 08/15/2019

Katie · Married on 05/19/2018

Dave and I want to give Cliff Nichols a well deserved shout out for capturing our wedding exactly the way we had hoped. Cliff spent a lot of time with us going over details we didn't even think about. When our wedding day finally arrived we knew Cliff would have us covered. And boy did he, right from the beginning of the day until our final exit. Our photos are stunning. So many guest wanted to know who our photographer was stating how hard he worked yet was so fun to talk to. Cliff has a great personality and really knows how to communicate with children and adults to get their best smile. Thank you Cliff for everything you did to make our wedding the best it could be! Katie and Dave

Sent on 08/08/2018

Sue · Married on 05/12/2018

I'm the mother of the groom & I wanted to add a review for Cliff since I was very impressed with the way he handled everything.
    Cliff was friendly, professional & oh so accommodating! He kept us on track as well as being very flexible when we wanted special photos taken. He also captured some really fabulous candid shots...Thanks Cliff! :)

Sent on 06/10/2018

Jason · Married on 05/12/2018

Cliff was fantastic. I wasn't sure as a groom what to expect during the wedding photography process. He kept things very relaxed while also clearly directing us towards the shots we had requested. Everything requested specifically by our wedding party was accomplished as well as any improv moments we felt like throwing in there. Results were fantastic as well as the price.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/14/2018

Cliff was a great photographer! He was organized, passionate, and fun to work with. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Colin Sutherland · Married on 04/14/2018

Cliff is The Man and an Amazing Photographer

Cliff was a fabulous and meticulous wedding photographer. From the moment we met, we could tell he had a passion for photography that carried through his work. He put us ease right from the beginning by walking us through what to expect, answering our endless number of questions with sincerity and even taking a sample photograph to show us the first time we met him.

Cliff didn't just disappear until the wedding day after we signed our contract. Rather, he took the time to call my (now) wife and both of our parents to ensure he had a list of all the "must have" photos. He helped us organize the first look shots during the rehearsal, so nothing was left to question on our big day.

After our wedding, Cliff immediately (literally that night) sent us a sample of the pictures he took and edited. They turned out beautifully and we felt like we really got more than the value we bargained. I would hire him again for another event if the opportunity presented itself.

10/10 across the board for work ethic, kindness, engagement and fun!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Sheri

Sheri Sutherland · Married on 04/14/2018

We were so pleased seeing all of the wedding photos. Cliff has an incredible eye for great shots. We would definitely recommend him.

Cliff went above and beyond. He was relaxed and friendly and made everyone comfortable posing for photos. He even cracked us up with jokes to take the nervousness off some. Cliff has serious talent and we really appreciated the extra time he spent at the reception to capture some great dancing shots. Cliff has serious talent and we would recommend him highly. Sheri & Allan Sutherland Lake Wylie SC

Sent on 11/06/2018

Allison · Married on 12/16/2017

Cliff is photographing our December wedding but has already taken engagement photos for us. He was very eager to meet with us and get to know us, and from the moment we met him we could tell we were in good hands. He obviously knows his craft and is happy to work with couples to plan the timing of their big day to make sure he can capture all the special moments. We love our engagement photos, and even though we had never done anything like that before, we felt at ease taking them with Cliff. We are planning our wedding long distance, but communication with Cliff has been open and easy, and he was more than willing to work within the small window of time we had to do the engagement photos.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Mark · Married on 12/16/2017

It has been a great experience working with Cliff to plan our upcoming wedding. He was excited and positive when we met at our venue to take engagement photos. My fiancé and I had never had professional pictures taken before, but he was patient and encouraging and worked hard to help us get great shots. The turnaround on the pictures was quick (maybe about a week), and we love them. Cliff's services are a great value. He has excellent communication with clients and is dedicated to taking pictures that couples will cherish.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Margie · Married on 12/16/2017

My son and his wife hired Cliff Nichols as their photographer for their December 2017 wedding at the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill. From start to finish Cliff was wonderful to work with. The couple lives in Fairfax VA and working with a local vendor could have been challenging but Cliff made it easy. From introductory phone calls, to meeting them in April for an engagement session to their wedding day communication lines were always open. Cliff took time with the couple to understand exactly what types of photos they wanted. Casual or formal. The photos below are are just a small sample of the fabulous moments Cliff captured that evening. We highly recommend Cliff Nichols Photography!

Cliff Nichols Photography 20
    Cliff Nichols Photography 27
    Cliff Nichols Photography 28
    Sent on 02/07/2018

Patricia · Married on 12/16/2017

Some great photos beginning with our arrival through the end of the evening. Pics were a good mix of bride and groom, the venue, family, friends, candid and posed, close-ups of important moments. The next morning my daughter was thrilled to receive text from Cliff of a beautiful sunset shot of herself and new husband. - Mother of the Bride

Sent on 08/18/2018

Jorie · Married on 10/14/2017

I am so very glad that we had the benefit of hiring Cliff Nichols for our daughter's wedding photography this last Saturday, 10/14/17.
    He had been referred to us by several important sources mainly the Caterer - La Tea Da's in Charlotte, and our Reception Venue - The Magnolia Room. Both said he was creative, easy to work with, and very professional. We found him to be all of the above and more. He had so many great ideas to capture the essence of the whole day coming early to the church through the sparkler exit at the end of the night. He has the ability to connect with the groomsmen, the bridesmaids, different family members and everyone enjoyed themselves as he perfectly coaxed laughter, real smiles and perfect poses. He caught a lot of great candid shots of important family members and friends too.Cliff showed me several pictures as he took them and I was very pleased with what he was recording. He did a walk through at the church early on and scouted out spots for interesting pictures for both before and after the wedding ceremony. He knew how to work with the different and changing lighting conditions with the massive stained glass windows at the church.
    He has several different packages to choose from, and I thought they were all excellent values for the money. My daughter had a beautiful wedding, and now we all will have the pictures to remember it by. I will be adding some to this review as we get the pictures, but the wadding was just 2 days ago.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kara · Married on 05/06/2017

Cliff was great to work with and our photos were everything we had hoped for. Cliff helped us plan our day and gave us tips and ideas we had never thought about. Cliff put together an itinerary that we emailed to our bridal party so they would know what to expect and when photos were going to be taken. Cliff worked hard but and kept a smile all day. Our guest loved him.

I would highly recommend Cliff!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Meghan · Married on 04/22/2017

Cliff was amazing to work with before and during my wedding in May!!! So accommodating and easy to work with. He had the right combination of professionalism, that our group needed, and fun personality. The pictures are stunning too! I would recommend him to anyone in Charlotte and the surrounding areas!!!!

Sent on 06/19/2018

aubrey · Married on 03/25/2017

Cliff was amazing!! I would highly recommend him without reservation!
    His website explains all of the packages he offers which was super helpful when we were looking for a photographer, and very reasonably priced for the pictures you get! During the planning process Cliff was very organized and responsive, he truly cared about getting the shots we wanted from our wedding and making that happen. He followed up before the wedding with the venue to make sure he had a good timeline for us.

My husband and I just finished up going through the pictures and we couldn't be happier, Cliff was able to capture all of the important moments as well as some great candid pictures from the reception!! We had a blast with Cliff and will be recommending him to anyone we know having a wedding in the area! :D

Sent on 05/27/2017

R · Married on 01/27/2017

Photos were well done, very pleased with result.

Sent on 09/04/2017