Clay Swanson Photography Reviews

16 | Kansas City, MO

16 Reviews for Clay Swanson Photography

Cesly · Married on 08/25/2018

Reviews are really important when it comes to photography and choosing the right venues and such for your dream wedding. I choose to meet with Clay Swanson Photography because of reviews left by other people and I was not disappointed. They were really accommodating with meeting us for an interview and for running around for our engagement pictures! They are super friendly and very easy to get along with. They are very professional but also make you feel like your just out taking pictures with friends. I highly recommend them. I cannot wait for my wedding day and I know I will be in good hands and have wonderful pictures and video to remember the day by! If your looking for photography definitely take the time to meet these guys, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/26/2017
  • Nat

Nat · Married on 07/21/2018

Clay and Maggie are amazing! We loved working with them! They were very accommodating and even offered to come to Wichita to take engagement photos! They seriously worked around my crazy busy schedule and fit us in for engagement photos two weeks before they had their first child! And let our new puppy tag along! I can't speak more highly of anyone! Additionally, they made us feel very comfortable through every step in the process. I probably priced 30 photographers, but could find no one better than them! Clay even told me to do this during our initial meeting. They truly want the best for their clients! Hiring them was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Emma · Married on 06/16/2018

I can not say enough good things about Clay and Maggie. With our engagement photos we wanted to do something a little different and they had never done anything like it before and they made it happen. The photos also turned out AMAZING I am in love with them. If you are Newley engaged and are looking to book a photographer book them now. They are so easy to work with and will do anything to make sure you are happy with the outcome. I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Alexandra · Married on 05/27/2018

I can't say anything but wonderful things about Maggie and Clay! From the first day I met them I knew I had made the right choice. After meeting them for the first time I remember thinking wow... they genuinely care about getting to know me and I feel as if I am talking with friends! Not only are they wonderful people to be around but they are also very professional and go above and beyond to meet your every need and make you feel comfortable.

When it came time for our engagement photos they were flexible when we had to move the date to make sure our outdoor shoot would have all the wonderful fall colors. Not only that, but at the time Maggie was over 9 months pregnant and she was more than happy to still come out and walk around the park for our session! Taking pictures can many times be awkward but they made the entire process fun and enjoyable. Our pictures turned out absolutely perfect, and I felt like they were able to truly capture the essence of our personalities and relationship in every shot.

Here in three months they will be shooting my wedding, and I wouldn't want to be working with anyone else! They have been the best investment we have made by far and are worth every penny and more. They have a true love and talent for what they do, and you would be hard pressed to find better quality for a better price. I am in love with their artistic style and their ability to capture the beauty of the natural landscape in their pictures and use it to enhance each photo. Having an outdoor wedding this was very important to me and I found when looking around that very few photographers have this talent. I would highly recommend Clay Swanson Photography to any and everyone, and hiring them will likely be the best decision you make!

Sent on 03/02/2018
  • Gabby

Gabrielle · Married on 04/14/2018

I knew from the minute that I met Clay and Maggie that I wanted them to be our wedding photographer, and I can't say enough good things about them. We have gotten a crazy amount of compliments on how beautiful wedding and engagement photos turned out! More than just being fantastically skilled at capturing beautiful pictures, Clay and Maggie are fantastic all-around-people. Our wedding was fairly chaotic, but they did such an incredible job going with the flow. I could not be happier with their professionalism, quality of work, enthusiasm and how FUN they were to have with me on my wedding day. Best decision we made with regards to planning our wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Raquel · Married on 12/31/2017

Clay Swanson photography has been one of the best investments thus far in our wedding planning! They have been so wonderful to work with! They are flexible,they go above and beyond to satisfy their customers, and they truly have their customers best interest at heart. Not only are they amazing to work with, but their quality of work is perfect and they truly have an amazing talent. Absolutely worth every penny and we are so happy to have them apart of our big day.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2017

We are beyond grateful to have been able to work with Clay and Maggie! They're not only talented in what they do, but they are just overall great people! They're great at responding, they're professional, yet so personable.  It is truly like working with friends!

They offer a couple different packages. We chose the wedding package with came with a complimentary engagement shoot. With that, we got an hour and a half for the engagement shoot then both photographers all day for the wedding.

If you're looking to capture intimate, candid, and heartfelt moments of your engagement/wedding, look no further! They are the real deal, I promise you! We can't thank Clay and Maggie enough! Literally the BEST decision we made!

Thank you, Clay and Maggie, sooo so so much! We couldn't imagine our big day without you!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Symone · Married on 08/12/2017

They are really good photographers and have done an amazing job with our photos. Very good quality!!!!!! I would definitely refer them to all of my friends!!!!! Very good job!!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Chip · Married on 07/07/2017

Clay and Maggie are an incredible couple not only do they love God, they love their clients. We were so excited for our shoot, but honestly also pretty unconfident as we'd never been photographed like this before. Clay and Maggie were so laid back and made us feel so comfortable and confident as they complimented us as we shot. Not only are they relaxed they are completely professional. Professional by how they encounter clients, how they handle the cost of photos, and how they promote themselves via social media. If you need a photographer I highly highly recommend Clay Swanson Photography, you'll be so happy with how your photos turn out!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Emmie · Married on 07/06/2017

I would highly recommend Clay Swanson Photography. Clay and his wife Maggie work really hard to make everybody feel comfortable during the shoot. It can be awkward getting in poses and such but they make it so fun nobody has time to think about it being weird. They are very dedicated to getting every shot ,they have been taking pictures at weddings for 12+ hours, yes, 12!!! They make everybody laugh and have a good time. The price is VERY good, I'm sure if you've done any looking around you'll see that for yourself. You'll have a very hard time finding this kind of quality that's affordable. They are both a joy to be around and are very artistic in the shots they get, perfect for wall art or framing for an end table. Clay and Maggie both love the Lord and that is one of the favorite things about them. They are are honest, hard working and fun. I had Clay shoot my wedding reception, I couldn't be happier with my choice. I recommend them to all my friends that get married, a few of my friends have used them as well!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Tamara · Married on 05/20/2017

Clay Swanson Photography was just amazing for us! We couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out and how they captured everything we wanted. They are so nice and down to earth that we could be ourselves and it made the pictures even better. They really helped make it the best day ever!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Alexandria & Levi · Married on 10/10/2016

Seems a little crazy to give 5 stars for everything - but Clay & Maggie are awesome! We had booked them for our wedding only 2 months out. And then a few weeks before the wedding date, we decided to elope, and they were so flexible and made it work to photograph our day, even though it was a big last minute change! The day was very intimate, and having Clay and Maggie there felt like they were guests not just the photographers - they make you feel comfortable! We later had a reception and had some more portraits taken as well and they did such a good job capturing not only our elopement and reception, but our engagement photos before that! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Chessica · Married on 10/01/2016

Maggie and Clay were wonderful to work with. They took the time to connect with us on a deep level, making the wedding day as comfortable as could be! They are so sweet and truly love what they do. Throughout the process, they were very flexible and willing to go the distance to achieve everything I hoped for. Even with a slightly altered schedule the day of, Maggie and Clay kept calm and went to work. You will not be disappointed with these two.

Sent on 02/26/2017

Sara · Married on 03/01/2014

This is a very personable couple. They make it easy to relax and be comfortable. They got the 'normal' photos, but also the 'wow' photos.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Michelle · Married on 04/22/2017

3.5

Clay and Maggie are absolutely wonderful! We were a little nervous about our photos because of different reasons, but the Swanson's are so easy going and make the photo shoot so super comfortable! My now husband and I commented on multiple occasions that they are the type of people that we would go out to coffee with them even after the wedding. From the first meeting we were impressed with their professionalism and how easy it was to talk to them. And our whole wedding party and family liked them too! I call this a major win!

Sent on 05/05/2017

Pat · Married on 09/02/2017

Working with Clay and Maggie was wonderful! We actually selected Clay Swanson Photography because of our comfort level with Clay and Maggie and the quality of their photos. They were very easy to work with, and get along with, and made the whole event very stress-free. They were there for the night before events, and were with us for the entire wedding day. They did an outstanding job getting every shot we requested. They took wonderful pictures in a very unobtrusive manner. All our pictures were absolutely beautiful. They were a pleasure to work with, from beginning to end.

Sent on 10/25/2017