Claxton Farm Reviews

Claxton Farm 6
Claxton Farm 7

Caitlin Crowe · Married on 11/02/2018

Our Wedding at Claxton Farms

The entire team at Claxton was amazing! Living in Florida and planning a wedding in North Carolina was a bit scary at first, but the entire Claxton team really made me feel comfortable that everything would be taken care of and walked us through every step. We worked with the Chef to create an amazing meal that was not on the menu and vegetarian friendly. Gave us great suggestions for us and our guests on places to stay in Asheville. The Bluegrass Band and DJ were so good and our guests loved all the music! Jackie who was there on the wedding day helped my husband and I with anything we needed and made sure we were where we needed to be for pictures and the ceremony, as well as feeding us. Claxton is truly the best and we're so happy we decided to get married there!

A · Married on 10/09/2018

Beautiful, Warm, and Welcoming

Claxton Farm and M7 were absolutely fantastic to work with from the very start to the day-of. We mostly spoke/worked with Brenda initially who was so lovely and accommodating. She walked us through all the aspects of the venue from preparing for different weather scenarios, picking out a menu that suited everyone, recommending wonderful vendors, helping decide on the rentals, the layouts, and timeline for the day of.

Later we also had the pleasure of meeting Emily and Allen (the chef) for the day of our menu tasting. Everyone was so wonderful, taking their time to make us feel comfortable and explain all the options that were available to us. We were very happy with the menu we chose for the day of. Allen was very open and accommodating to help us meet dietary restrictions of some of our guests.

Both Brenda and Emily were always responsive and followed up with updates and notes after each of our meetings. Since we planned all our own wedding this was really fantastic and much appreciated! They were also very sweet in helping us implement last minute changes such as updating meals for our vendors, not to mention we forgot our cake topper the day-of and they were absolutely wonderful in letting us know and getting it back to us.

Our day-of coordinator, Candace, reached out prior to our wedding to make sure we had everything we needed and to answer any questions we might have had. She was such a blessing to have the day of the wedding as well, having her there let us know everything would be taken care of.

We can't thank the Claxton/M7 team enough for all their wonderful work and help in making our wedding day perfect!

Mandi · Married on 10/06/2018

Claxton Farm is an absolute dream wedding venue. We couldn't imagine celebrating the start of our marriage in a more perfect place. The setting is amazingly gorgeous: 360 private mountain views, just 20 minutes from downtown Asheville. Throughout the entire planning process, Emily and Brenda made everything really fun and stress-free. These ladies are not only lovely people, but they were extremely accommodating and responsive every step of the way. They helped us find many of our vendors and took care of much of the coordination. On wedding weekend, our bridal attendant Candace and the rest of the M7 staff were equally as awesome in making sure everything ran smoothly and everyone had a blast. Seeing all of our plans come to life on the big day was even better than what we'd envisioned. Our guests raved about the food, local beverages, lawn games, farm animals, and DJ. Feeling so much love and joy and seeing that reflected in our guests' experience was truly magical. Thank you to the Claxton Farm and M7 team for helping us make memories that will last a lifetime.

Kerrie · Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding experience at Claxton Farm was absolutely incredible! From signing the contract to wedding day everything was smooth, organized, and detailed. As soon as we walked in on Saturday and saw our idea and plan come to fruition, it was truly a beautiful sight! The first thing our guests mentioned was how perfect the venue was and it couldn't be more spot on for us. It was the most fun our family and friends had in years was a common remark. The M7 event staff are the best in the business! We will highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in Asheville area. Special thanks to Brenda, Emily, and Candice! You guys are awesome!

Christina · Married on 09/28/2018

Claxton Farm is so beautiful and M7 Events was very professional to work with. They never pressured us to spend more and found solutions to make our day unique. Our guests from out of town loved the views from the farm, and the fun animals. Special thanks to Brenda, Emily, and our amazing bridal attendant Jackie who blew me away with her help the day of our wedding.

Claxton Farm 8
    Claxton Farm 9

Tish · Married on 09/15/2018

Our daughter and now son in law were married at Claxton Farm on September 15, 2018 at 5pm. The wedding was magical and in spite of hurricane Florence bearing down on Asheville, every detail was beyond our wildest expectations. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at M7 Events and Claxton Farm. Throughout the planning process, Brenda and Emily were professional, responsive, competent, and positive. From recommending vendors to guiding us throughout the entire process, we felt 100% supported. The few days leading up to the wedding required some last minute changes due to the weather, but Brenda and Emily’s attention to detail made what could have been a stressful weekend run smoothly! The Claxton property was breathtakingly beautiful with magnificent views of rolling hills and mountains. The food was delicious from the appetizers to the main course and the M7 staff worked together like a well-oiled machine.
    The bridal attendant, Jackie, was nothing short of phenomenal. She worked hard from the moment we arrived to make sure every little detail was perfect and that everything ran smoothly. It was like watching a symphony conductor bring the wedding to life effortlessly. She anticipated our every need so that we could relax and enjoy the day without worrying about a thing! I still don't know how it's possible for one person to be in more than one place at a time, but somehow Jackie was always there, taking care of the bride and groom, the bridal party, the parents, the guests, as well as working with the vendors. I would highly recommend this venue as a perfect place for a wedding!

Claxton Farm 10

Alisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Brenda and her team do such an amazing job. We loved the venue and the service! One thing to note is that since it is a barn on a working farm, almost everything is rented in and that can add up.

Claxton Farm 11
    Claxton Farm 12
    Claxton Farm 13
    Claxton Farm 14
    Claxton Farm 15

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

I got married on June 16,2018 at 5pm and my wedding was everything I could have ever dreamed of thanks to the amazing ladies of M7 Events and their staff! Clayton Farms is the most gorgeous venue with 360 degree views of the beautiful Asheville rolling hills. ALL of our guests raved about the space and how the mountains looked like a fake back drop. Ever since our first meeting with Brenda and Emily they have made the wedding planning process so simple and easy. My husband and I live in Charlotte so we were doing kind of long distance planning but every question and email I had was answered within a few hours. You have to use the M7 catering company but the food was delicious, my personal favorite was the baked Brie, BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp, and the porkbelly skewers. The ladies will provide you a recommended vendor list for florists, photographers, bakers. Our Day Of Bridal Attendant was so on top of things throughout the entire wedding day. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of and made sure all vendors were on time. I seriously did not worry about a thing once I got to the venue. Everything had been set up perfectly! I would recommend this event space and M7 events to anyone for the rest of our lives. It was the absolute most perfect and stress free day thanks to them!

Emily · Married on 06/15/2018

We had the perfect wedding at Claxton Farms! The staff was amazing and the site's beauty blew our guests away. Many people told us after it was the most beautiful wedding that they have ever been too.

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2018

We really enjoyed our experience with Claxton Farm. They help guide us through the whole process. Candice, our bridal attendant was so sweet and AMAZING. She kept everything running smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Marina · Married on 12/15/2017

Treva and Brenda were AMAZING. We were planning a destination wedding, so effective communication and understanding was key for our wedding. Claxton Farm was actually our last venue we were scheduled to visit to select our dream wedding venue, and once we walked in through the beautiful double wood doors we knew this place would not disappoint. They never once let us feel stressed, overwhelmed or bossy; always reminding us that this is OUR wedding and were not only able to accommodate all our requests, but were more than happy to. Their southern hospitality carried throughout all their actions. We probably switched the arrangement of the tables and chairs 12 times, including the day of the wedding, but their patience and customer service was always top notch. They worked with out budget, our crazy family and were able to produce a beautiful evening for everyone to enjoy. The only thing I could pass on was the bridal attendant. Although in the contract it stated that she is mandatory, to me it felt like she wasn't as necessary or as much help as I would have liked. I met her for the first time on the day of my wedding, and she left before our event was even over.
    Other than that, the staff and food were incredible. We had table service and served steak, so having it prepared the right temperature was super important for us, and it did not disappoint!
    The animals, especially Chocolate Chip and the goats, were the icing on the cake at this location. Having small children run around and enjoy the animals, while the bonfire is going and music is flowing from indoors really made it feel cozy and homey for our wedding. We truly had the time of our life!

Claxton Farm 16
    Claxton Farm 21
    Claxton Farm 22
    Claxton Farm 23

Erin · Married on 10/08/2017

Could not have had a better experience planning my wedding with the staff at M7 Events and Claxton Farm. Everyone was prompt, professional, and wanted nothing more than for our day to go perfectly - which it absolutely did. In fact, everything exceeded my expectations! We had some very last minute changes because of the weather, but you would have never known. Inside, outside, rain or shine, this place is heaven. Thank you Treva, Brenda, Jackie, and the entire staff for making our dreams come true!

• Denielle

Denielle · Married on 06/17/2017

Being a long distance bride made communication and flexibility particularly important- Claxton did wonderful helping us through the whole process. Treva was a great contact and organized everything perfectly. The venue is absolutely beautiful and worth every penny to have a wedding here. Our guests loved the barn and the absolutely breathtaking scenery around the actual venue. Not being able to taste-test the food before our wedding we were a wee bit nervous, but thankfully, we were very happy with the results! The food was great! The day of coordinator was wonderful and had everything set up just as we discussed. We used the DJ that Claxton often uses, Sound Extreme entertainment, and our DJ was a blast. Our guests have raved about the venue, and all the details involved, and we could not have been happier to have had our special day at Claxton!

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

People kept asking me if I was stressed with my up coming wedding, and I could honestly say no because Claxton staff took care of it all! I got so many compliments on my wedding venue and scenery! It is truly stunning and it's exactly what I had pictured in my mind for our wedding. Treva and Brenda made planning a breeze and I couldn't have done it without them. Many of my guests commented that our food was the best wedding food they have ever had, and I don't think they were just being nice because we agreed. They went out of their way to make special meals for my vegetarian and gluten/dairy free friends! If I had to do it over, I would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat.

Lori · Married on 11/04/2016

Claxton Farm was the most magical venue for a wedding and we couldn't have worked with a better events team. Treva Scott is the epitome of professionalism and was very helpful in personally recommending other vendors to fit our needs and match with our personalities. She made the process very simple.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Claxton Farm's reply:

Thank you Lori! We are so Happy that you chose Claxton Farm for such a special day.

Christina · Married on 10/30/2016

Claxton was absolutely the most beautiful wedding venue ever! Treva and Brenda were both so amazing during the planning stage, and they kept me on track and stress free all the way up to the wedding day! Our bridal attendant, Jackie, was incredible. She made sure that my husband and I were fed and taken care of during our photo session. She was instrumental in making sure that everything ran smoothly and that I was able to enjoy my wedding day without a care in the world! Additionally, I received a ton of compliments on M7's waitstaff. They were friendly, efficient, and did an incredible job setting up all our decorations. M7's catering was also delicious and I got even more compliments on the food!

Long story short, the farm is absolutely beautiful, the staff is friendly and courteous, and the food was wonderful. I can't wait to go there for someone else's wedding so I can experience it all over again!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Claxton Farm's reply:

Thank you Christina and Congratulations!

Abby · Married on 10/28/2016

I went to a cow auction at Claxton Farm when I was in the 4th grade. I knew from that visit that I wanted to get married there! It was absolutely perfect in every single way!
    Treva and Brenda were a dream to work with! They answered all of my questions in a very timely manner. Our food tasting and detail meeting was so easy! It was such a relief that they set up all rentals, the DJ, and the bluegrass trio. I was a bit overwhelmed during our detail meeting, but they were so helpful.
    The staff the night of the wedding was phenomenal. They were all very professional and courteous. Jackie, the bridal attendant, kept everything on track and on time. She was constantly making sure we were okay; bringing me m lipstick, bustling my dress, fixing our drinks, and making us to-go boxes. She was professional and top notch. Scott was also amazing. He stays in the background, but he also keeps things on time and running smoothly. We were so impressed with how the staff help set up decorations and take them down at the end of the night. The food was wonderful! We received so many compliments on how delicious everything was. Everyone was beyond impressed with how smoothly and perfectly everything went! I would definitely high recommend this amazing venue and M7 Events! They made our wedding more than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Claxton Farm's reply:

Thank you Abby! We loved planning with you and the staff said it was one of their favorite weddings!

Caroline · Married on 09/17/2016

Beautiful venue and highly professional staff. We had a great experience.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Thanks Caroline!
    We loved planning such a beautiful event with you and your family!
    Brenda & Treva

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2016

First and foremost, Claxton Farm is an absolutely breathtaking venue, surrounded by a 360 degree view of the mountains. It was the first and only venue we checked out. Don't get me wrong now, there were plenty of others on the list, and oh boy, did I have a list! But once we were there, there was no turning back... It was the perfect match, just what we had pictured for our wedding! Not to mention, Brenda & Treva have a way about them that is just reassuring when it comes to anything and everything! I couldn't have asked for a better team when it came to planning our wedding. From start to finish, and even with last minute changes, they were there to help with a smile in their voice every time we spoke on the phone (which was quite a bit lol). Claxton makes planning your wedding carefree and enjoyable. With lists of recommended vendors, and in house catering with unlimited menu options, everything came together easier than I could have ever imagined it. The day of the wedding, I was in complete awe! When we showed up to the venue everyone was working diligently and putting the finishing touches together, to create our Best Day Ever...and it was EXACTLY that! Our bridal attendant, Jackie, was on point. If I was taking a picture, she was holding my drink, and the second I was done, my drink was back in my hand. She's like a magician, really! So coordinated, and on top of things the whole night. I would highly recommend Claxton farm to any couples looking for that perfect outdoor rustic wedding in the countryside. I doesn't get any better than this!

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Claxton Farm's staff is helpful, organized and professional. As a planner I greatly appreciate supportive and positive venue staff. Not only was the team at Claxton helpful but they were so friendly and easy to work with. I would happily (and hope to!) be back planning at Claxton again very soon. :)

Kim · Married on 05/22/2016

My husband and I live in Atlanta, Ga and desperately wanted to marry in the mountains. We researched several locations online and fell upon Claxton Farms.
    The day couldn't have been more perfect! Treva and Brenda's responsiveness was terrific and the venue couldn't have been more beautiful.
    We highly recommend this venue for couples that are searching for that rustic/nature feel. Would couldn't have asked for anything better!

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2016

There are not enough good things to say about Claxton. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and that was largely because of them. Treva and Brenda are AMAZING to work with in planning; they make everything so easy to figure out, are so accommodating, nice, and responsive. They treated all our requests like it was a breeze, and were always so easy to ask a million questions. They are so seamless in their work and their communication.
    On the day of, Scott and Jackie were also amazing! The day went off largely without a hitch, and they were always in the background making sure everything was perfect without being overbearing or making their presence too obvious. I can't thank them enough for all of their incredible help.
    The venue - my goodness, the venue. We heard so many married couples saying they wished they had gotten married at Claxton. We had a little bit of rain before the ceremony, but that just meant rainbows during the reception! You look around and you just get a 360* view of the mountains, secluded just you and your loved ones (and some awesome animals), and it's like a dream come true. Honestly, it was beyond perfect. It was everything we hoped for. The food was great, too - the trout cakes were SO GOOD, and the apps were awesome. I'd recommend this place to everyone out there.

Kaitlin · Married on 10/17/2015

My experience with Claxton Farms from initial contact through after our wedding was phenomenal. Planning it was a breeze! Brenda and Emily made the process so easy and stress free. They were quick to respond with any questions I had and fun to work with! The day of the wedding our bridal attendant Jackie exceeded our expectations. We didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to thoroughly enjoy our special day! And to top it off, the venue is so beautiful and fun! It truly was the most perfect day.

Claxton Farm is a working farm that has been accumulating land for years now and has 500 beautiful acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We went to the first meeting to discuss floor plan arrangements and have a walk-through of a couple things. They provide catering, the DJ, event tents if you need them, etc. They are very easy to work with! I cannot wait to have a laid-back but still gorgeously rustic wedding. This venue is classy and rustic at the same time.

Kristine · Married on 08/22/2015

Claxton Farm...I honestly don't know where to begin. Every experience I had was wonderful! They have a great list of preferred vendors, the food was delicious and deciding on rentals was made so easy for me. Every person I spoke with or e-mailed was very knowledgeable, professional and caring. I can honestly say I was completely stress free during my entire planning process. When my wedding day came, every detail came together without a hitch. We actually ran ahead of schedule and we're able to have more time to be with our friends and family after dessert!
    The venue itself is absolutely spectacular! I'm not exaggerating when I say pictures do NOT do it justice. Multiple guests told me it was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen.