Claxton Farm Reviews

86 | Weaverville, NC

86 Reviews for Claxton Farm

• Kailey

Kailey · Married on 10/30/2020

Would recommend this venue to everybody!!

Claxton farms was nothing short of perfect, from their quick responsiveness, ability to figure anything out for me and just making me feel special in general.
    Me and my now husband had a BLAST celebrating our love at their venue. I would 100% recommend them anyone in the area or even out of state like us looking for an outstanding venue.

Sent on 11/03/2020

christine mccorquodale · Married on 09/12/2020

Fairy tale

Fairy tale. That is the word my daughter used to describe her wedding at Claxton Farm. The venue is breathtaking, even in the rain, and the staff worked tirelessly to make sure everything ran smoothly. The office staff, who organized the wedding details ahead of time was stellar. I just couldn't believe the responsiveness, care and patience Emily gave no matter how many questions or requests I had. She worked with me to ensure we took every precaution we could to keep guests safe during this pandemic. I would recommend Claxton Farm to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 09/17/2020

Peter DiCenso · Married on 07/18/2020

Great experience!

Claxton and M7 did an unbelievable job of keeping us organized, focussed, and calm!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Ash · Married on 06/06/2020

Wedding at Claxton Farm

Our wedding at Claxton Farm was simply a dream! The event team was absolutely incredible to work with and was so flexible and accommodating during these crazy times. Emily and Kristen are fantastic at communicating and made this process fun and exciting. I would recommend this venue to any bride!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Alexandra · Married on 11/09/2019

Best in Asheville

Worked so well with me to make my day perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Chris

Chris Dooly · Married on 10/20/2019

Claxton Farm helped make our wedding day magical!

Claxton Farm was incredible throughout the entire planning process. They told us everything we needed to know, they gave incredible suggestions and worked with us on every detail to make our wedding a dream come true. Come the day of the wedding, everything clicked together perfectly, in big part because of Claxton's staff, who were extremely professional. Our bridal attendant, Candace, was so sweet and kind, she took responsibility for nearly everything on the day so that we could enjoy ourselves and celebrate in the love of our marriage. Weeks later and we're both still stunned at how amazing and magical the wedding was.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 09/21/2019

Booked for wedding

Our wedding here was absolutely beautiful and our night was perfect. The event staff were professional and nice. I am so glad they required a day-of coordinator; there is no way we would have had the perfect wedding we did without Jackie! The dinner could have been a little better, but other than that we wouldn’t change a thing - it was perfect!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Jess & Kiran · Married on 08/24/2019

Fantastic venue!

We are so happy we got married at Claxton Farm and couldn’t recommend them more highly! Claxton’s proximity to downtown, stunning mountain views, and of course Chocolate Chip the llama originally drew us to this venue. The team at Claxton is truly incredible and made such an effort to ensure we had exactly the wedding we wanted. We couldn’t have been in better hands!
    Brenda and Emily were fantastic to work with – I can’t speak more highly of how easy and helpful they were to work with throughout the wedding planning process. They were incredibly responsive and consistently followed up with summaries of decisions, outstanding questions, and any other details or variables. As a detail-oriented bride planning my wedding from out-of-state, this made such a big difference in making the whole process stress-free.
    My then-fiancé and I went in person for the details meeting and for a food tasting. Both were incredibly helpful to visualizing our wedding and making decisions. Claxton’s recommended vendors were also super helpful – that’s how we found both our hotel and hair and makeup which worked out super well.
    Our actual wedding day was a dream thanks to the Claxton team! The food was great, and the chef even created a seasonal chilled soup as an app at my request – it was delicious!! Our DJ, DJ Tech Support, was provided via Claxton’s affiliated M7 Events and he was fantastic – he did a great job incorporating the type of music we wanted played and the dance floor was absolutely packed the entire night. Claxton provides a bridal attendant day-of which was fantastic to have– Jackie did a great job keeping us on schedule, making sure we ate dinner, and helping with anything that was needed. Her help to coordinate with the vendors week-of and go through the ceremony with us in advance were also so helpful. The bartending team and event staff were also an absolute joy and we really enjoyed interacting with the whole team day-of, each person there was so helpful and friendly. Claxton Farm is such a fantastic venue!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Alice

Alice Langrall · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Setting for the Perfect Day

We are so happy we chose Claxton Farm for our wedding ceremony and reception. The views from the barn and the field are gorgeous- mountains in every direction and peaceful pastures provided the perfect backdrop to our day. Emily and Brenda were incredibly helpful, organized, and fun to work with as we planned and coordinated the day and the rest of the staff was equally professional, working hard to make the day perfect.

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Kyler · Married on 07/05/2019

Couldn’t have imagined a better setting for our wedding!

My husband and I recently got married at Claxton Farm. From the beginning of the planning process all the way until the end, Brenda and Emily helped keep my husband and me both calm and excited for our big event. The venue was very accommodating, and our guests loved Chocolate Chip, the BBQ dinner, and the breathtaking mountain backdrop. We absolutely loved our experience working with Claxton Farm, and couldn’t have imagined a better wedding day!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2019

We Love Claxton

It's hard for me to write this review without crying happy tears because it was the best choice we could have made. Where do I even begin!? We live in Charlotte and took a weekend trip to Asheville to check out 3 venues. Claxton was the first venue we looked at and we knew it was the one the moment we saw it. We ended up going to the 2nd venue just because it was too late to cancel and ending up cancelling the 3rd venue we were supposed to visit... because we knew it was Claxton!! We booked the next day with Brenda and then I met (through email) Emily. Emily was a blessing! My mom and dad both passed away and planning was very hard at times, but Emily was always there for me and became a friend and someone I will never forget! She made everything so easy for me. I am blessed beyond measure to have met Emily and Brenda! The venue was absolutely stunning and so is the staff! Rachel was our day of coordinator and she was perfect and we clicked right away! She made sure everything went according to plan the day of and we appreciate her so much! I could seriously go on and on, but I think you all get the picture! We LOVE Claxton!! We received so many compliments and everyone had an amazing time! Thank you Emily. Brenda, Rachel, and all the staff at Claxton!! We will never forget you all!!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Caitlin Crowe · Married on 11/02/2018

Our Wedding at Claxton Farms

The entire team at Claxton was amazing! Living in Florida and planning a wedding in North Carolina was a bit scary at first, but the entire Claxton team really made me feel comfortable that everything would be taken care of and walked us through every step. We worked with the Chef to create an amazing meal that was not on the menu and vegetarian friendly. Gave us great suggestions for us and our guests on places to stay in Asheville. The Bluegrass Band and DJ were so good and our guests loved all the music! Jackie who was there on the wedding day helped my husband and I with anything we needed and made sure we were where we needed to be for pictures and the ceremony, as well as feeding us. Claxton is truly the best and we're so happy we decided to get married there!

Sent on 11/16/2018

A · Married on 10/09/2018

Beautiful, Warm, and Welcoming

Claxton Farm and M7 were absolutely fantastic to work with from the very start to the day-of. We mostly spoke/worked with Brenda initially who was so lovely and accommodating. She walked us through all the aspects of the venue from preparing for different weather scenarios, picking out a menu that suited everyone, recommending wonderful vendors, helping decide on the rentals, the layouts, and timeline for the day of.

Later we also had the pleasure of meeting Emily and Allen (the chef) for the day of our menu tasting. Everyone was so wonderful, taking their time to make us feel comfortable and explain all the options that were available to us. We were very happy with the menu we chose for the day of. Allen was very open and accommodating to help us meet dietary restrictions of some of our guests.

Both Brenda and Emily were always responsive and followed up with updates and notes after each of our meetings. Since we planned all our own wedding this was really fantastic and much appreciated! They were also very sweet in helping us implement last minute changes such as updating meals for our vendors, not to mention we forgot our cake topper the day-of and they were absolutely wonderful in letting us know and getting it back to us.

Our day-of coordinator, Candace, reached out prior to our wedding to make sure we had everything we needed and to answer any questions we might have had. She was such a blessing to have the day of the wedding as well, having her there let us know everything would be taken care of.

We can't thank the Claxton/M7 team enough for all their wonderful work and help in making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Mandi · Married on 10/06/2018

Claxton Farm is an absolute dream wedding venue. We couldn't imagine celebrating the start of our marriage in a more perfect place. The setting is amazingly gorgeous: 360 private mountain views, just 20 minutes from downtown Asheville. Throughout the entire planning process, Emily and Brenda made everything really fun and stress-free. These ladies are not only lovely people, but they were extremely accommodating and responsive every step of the way. They helped us find many of our vendors and took care of much of the coordination. On wedding weekend, our bridal attendant Candace and the rest of the M7 staff were equally as awesome in making sure everything ran smoothly and everyone had a blast. Seeing all of our plans come to life on the big day was even better than what we'd envisioned. Our guests raved about the food, local beverages, lawn games, farm animals, and DJ. Feeling so much love and joy and seeing that reflected in our guests' experience was truly magical. Thank you to the Claxton Farm and M7 team for helping us make memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Kerrie · Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding experience at Claxton Farm was absolutely incredible! From signing the contract to wedding day everything was smooth, organized, and detailed. As soon as we walked in on Saturday and saw our idea and plan come to fruition, it was truly a beautiful sight! The first thing our guests mentioned was how perfect the venue was and it couldn't be more spot on for us. It was the most fun our family and friends had in years was a common remark. The M7 event staff are the best in the business! We will highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in Asheville area. Special thanks to Brenda, Emily, and Candice! You guys are awesome!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Christina · Married on 09/28/2018

Claxton Farm is so beautiful and M7 Events was very professional to work with. They never pressured us to spend more and found solutions to make our day unique. Our guests from out of town loved the views from the farm, and the fun animals. Special thanks to Brenda, Emily, and our amazing bridal attendant Jackie who blew me away with her help the day of our wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Tish · Married on 09/15/2018

Our daughter and now son in law were married at Claxton Farm on September 15, 2018 at 5pm. The wedding was magical and in spite of hurricane Florence bearing down on Asheville, every detail was beyond our wildest expectations. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at M7 Events and Claxton Farm. Throughout the planning process, Brenda and Emily were professional, responsive, competent, and positive. From recommending vendors to guiding us throughout the entire process, we felt 100% supported. The few days leading up to the wedding required some last minute changes due to the weather, but Brenda and Emily’s attention to detail made what could have been a stressful weekend run smoothly! The Claxton property was breathtakingly beautiful with magnificent views of rolling hills and mountains. The food was delicious from the appetizers to the main course and the M7 staff worked together like a well-oiled machine.
    The bridal attendant, Jackie, was nothing short of phenomenal. She worked hard from the moment we arrived to make sure every little detail was perfect and that everything ran smoothly. It was like watching a symphony conductor bring the wedding to life effortlessly. She anticipated our every need so that we could relax and enjoy the day without worrying about a thing! I still don't know how it's possible for one person to be in more than one place at a time, but somehow Jackie was always there, taking care of the bride and groom, the bridal party, the parents, the guests, as well as working with the vendors. I would highly recommend this venue as a perfect place for a wedding!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Alisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Brenda and her team do such an amazing job. We loved the venue and the service! One thing to note is that since it is a barn on a working farm, almost everything is rented in and that can add up.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

I got married on June 16,2018 at 5pm and my wedding was everything I could have ever dreamed of thanks to the amazing ladies of M7 Events and their staff! Clayton Farms is the most gorgeous venue with 360 degree views of the beautiful Asheville rolling hills. ALL of our guests raved about the space and how the mountains looked like a fake back drop. Ever since our first meeting with Brenda and Emily they have made the wedding planning process so simple and easy. My husband and I live in Charlotte so we were doing kind of long distance planning but every question and email I had was answered within a few hours. You have to use the M7 catering company but the food was delicious, my personal favorite was the baked Brie, BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp, and the porkbelly skewers. The ladies will provide you a recommended vendor list for florists, photographers, bakers. Our Day Of Bridal Attendant was so on top of things throughout the entire wedding day. She made sure my husband and I were taken care of and made sure all vendors were on time. I seriously did not worry about a thing once I got to the venue. Everything had been set up perfectly! I would recommend this event space and M7 events to anyone for the rest of our lives. It was the absolute most perfect and stress free day thanks to them!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Emily · Married on 06/15/2018

We had the perfect wedding at Claxton Farms! The staff was amazing and the site's beauty blew our guests away. Many people told us after it was the most beautiful wedding that they have ever been too.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2018

We really enjoyed our experience with Claxton Farm. They help guide us through the whole process. Candice, our bridal attendant was so sweet and AMAZING. She kept everything running smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Marina · Married on 12/15/2017

Treva and Brenda were AMAZING. We were planning a destination wedding, so effective communication and understanding was key for our wedding. Claxton Farm was actually our last venue we were scheduled to visit to select our dream wedding venue, and once we walked in through the beautiful double wood doors we knew this place would not disappoint. They never once let us feel stressed, overwhelmed or bossy; always reminding us that this is OUR wedding and were not only able to accommodate all our requests, but were more than happy to. Their southern hospitality carried throughout all their actions. We probably switched the arrangement of the tables and chairs 12 times, including the day of the wedding, but their patience and customer service was always top notch. They worked with out budget, our crazy family and were able to produce a beautiful evening for everyone to enjoy. The only thing I could pass on was the bridal attendant. Although in the contract it stated that she is mandatory, to me it felt like she wasn't as necessary or as much help as I would have liked. I met her for the first time on the day of my wedding, and she left before our event was even over.
    Other than that, the staff and food were incredible. We had table service and served steak, so having it prepared the right temperature was super important for us, and it did not disappoint!
    The animals, especially Chocolate Chip and the goats, were the icing on the cake at this location. Having small children run around and enjoy the animals, while the bonfire is going and music is flowing from indoors really made it feel cozy and homey for our wedding. We truly had the time of our life!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Erin · Married on 10/08/2017

Could not have had a better experience planning my wedding with the staff at M7 Events and Claxton Farm. Everyone was prompt, professional, and wanted nothing more than for our day to go perfectly - which it absolutely did. In fact, everything exceeded my expectations! We had some very last minute changes because of the weather, but you would have never known. Inside, outside, rain or shine, this place is heaven. Thank you Treva, Brenda, Jackie, and the entire staff for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 10/11/2017
  • Denielle

Denielle · Married on 06/17/2017

Being a long distance bride made communication and flexibility particularly important- Claxton did wonderful helping us through the whole process. Treva was a great contact and organized everything perfectly. The venue is absolutely beautiful and worth every penny to have a wedding here. Our guests loved the barn and the absolutely breathtaking scenery around the actual venue. Not being able to taste-test the food before our wedding we were a wee bit nervous, but thankfully, we were very happy with the results! The food was great! The day of coordinator was wonderful and had everything set up just as we discussed. We used the DJ that Claxton often uses, Sound Extreme entertainment, and our DJ was a blast. Our guests have raved about the venue, and all the details involved, and we could not have been happier to have had our special day at Claxton!

Sent on 06/25/2017