59 Reviews for Claxton Farm

Outside Cake (3)
Shuttle (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)
59 Claxton Farm Reviews

We had the perfect wedding at Claxton Farms! The staff was amazing and the site's beauty blew our guests away. Many people told us after it was the most beautiful wedding that they have ever been too.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We really enjoyed our experience with Claxton Farm. They help guide us through the whole process. Candice, our bridal attendant was so sweet and AMAZING. She kept everything running smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Treva and Brenda were AMAZING. We were planning a destination wedding, so effective communication and understanding was key for our wedding. Claxton Farm was actually our last venue we were scheduled to visit to select our dream wedding venue, and once we walked in through the beautiful double wood doors we knew this place would not disappoint. They never once let us feel stressed, overwhelmed or bossy; always reminding us that this is OUR wedding and were not only able to accommodate all our requests, but were more than happy to. Their southern hospitality carried throughout all their actions. We probably switched the arrangement of the tables and chairs 12 times, including the day of the wedding, but their patience and customer service was always top notch. They worked with out budget, our crazy family and were able to produce a beautiful evening for everyone to enjoy. The only thing I could pass on was the bridal attendant. Although in the contract it stated that she is mandatory, to me it felt like she wasn't as necessary or as much help as I would have liked. I met her for the first time on the day of my wedding, and she left before our event was even over.
Other than that, the staff and food were incredible. We had table service and served steak, so having it prepared the right temperature was super important for us, and it did not disappoint!
The animals, especially Chocolate Chip and the goats, were the icing on the cake at this location. Having small children run around and enjoy the animals, while the bonfire is going and music is flowing from indoors really made it feel cozy and homey for our wedding. We truly had the time of our life!

Photos
Profile Picture Marina, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Could not have had a better experience planning my wedding with the staff at M7 Events and Claxton Farm. Everyone was prompt, professional, and wanted nothing more than for our day to go perfectly - which it absolutely did. In fact, everything exceeded my expectations! We had some very last minute changes because of the weather, but you would have never known. Inside, outside, rain or shine, this place is heaven. Thank you Treva, Brenda, Jackie, and the entire staff for making our dreams come true!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation

Being a long distance bride made communication and flexibility particularly important- Claxton did wonderful helping us through the whole process. Treva was a great contact and organized everything perfectly. The venue is absolutely beautiful and worth every penny to have a wedding here. Our guests loved the barn and the absolutely breathtaking scenery around the actual venue. Not being able to taste-test the food before our wedding we were a wee bit nervous, but thankfully, we were very happy with the results! The food was great! The day of coordinator was wonderful and had everything set up just as we discussed. We used the DJ that Claxton often uses, Sound Extreme entertainment, and our DJ was a blast. Our guests have raved about the venue, and all the details involved, and we could not have been happier to have had our special day at Claxton!

Profile Picture Denielle, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

People kept asking me if I was stressed with my up coming wedding, and I could honestly say no because Claxton staff took care of it all! I got so many compliments on my wedding venue and scenery! It is truly stunning and it's exactly what I had pictured in my mind for our wedding. Treva and Brenda made planning a breeze and I couldn't have done it without them. Many of my guests commented that our food was the best wedding food they have ever had, and I don't think they were just being nice because we agreed. They went out of their way to make special meals for my vegetarian and gluten/dairy free friends! If I had to do it over, I would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claxton Farm was the most magical venue for a wedding and we couldn't have worked with a better events team. Treva Scott is the epitome of professionalism and was very helpful in personally recommending other vendors to fit our needs and match with our personalities. She made the process very simple.

Profile Picture Lori, 11/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claxton was absolutely the most beautiful wedding venue ever! Treva and Brenda were both so amazing during the planning stage, and they kept me on track and stress free all the way up to the wedding day! Our bridal attendant, Jackie, was incredible. She made sure that my husband and I were fed and taken care of during our photo session. She was instrumental in making sure that everything ran smoothly and that I was able to enjoy my wedding day without a care in the world! Additionally, I received a ton of compliments on M7's waitstaff. They were friendly, efficient, and did an incredible job setting up all our decorations. M7's catering was also delicious and I got even more compliments on the food!

Long story short, the farm is absolutely beautiful, the staff is friendly and courteous, and the food was wonderful. I can't wait to go there for someone else's wedding so I can experience it all over again!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Outside Cake

I went to a cow auction at Claxton Farm when I was in the 4th grade. I knew from that visit that I wanted to get married there! It was absolutely perfect in every single way!
Treva and Brenda were a dream to work with! They answered all of my questions in a very timely manner. Our food tasting and detail meeting was so easy! It was such a relief that they set up all rentals, the DJ, and the bluegrass trio. I was a bit overwhelmed during our detail meeting, but they were so helpful.
The staff the night of the wedding was phenomenal. They were all very professional and courteous. Jackie, the bridal attendant, kept everything on track and on time. She was constantly making sure we were okay; bringing me m lipstick, bustling my dress, fixing our drinks, and making us to-go boxes. She was professional and top notch. Scott was also amazing. He stays in the background, but he also keeps things on time and running smoothly. We were so impressed with how the staff help set up decorations and take them down at the end of the night. The food was wonderful! We received so many compliments on how delicious everything was. Everyone was beyond impressed with how smoothly and perfectly everything went! I would definitely high recommend this amazing venue and M7 Events! They made our wedding more than we could have ever imagined!

Profile Picture Abby, 10/28/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Outside Cake

Beautiful venue and highly professional staff. We had a great experience.

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

First and foremost, Claxton Farm is an absolutely breathtaking venue, surrounded by a 360 degree view of the mountains. It was the first and only venue we checked out. Don't get me wrong now, there were plenty of others on the list, and oh boy, did I have a list! But once we were there, there was no turning back... It was the perfect match, just what we had pictured for our wedding! Not to mention, Brenda & Treva have a way about them that is just reassuring when it comes to anything and everything! I couldn't have asked for a better team when it came to planning our wedding. From start to finish, and even with last minute changes, they were there to help with a smile in their voice every time we spoke on the phone (which was quite a bit lol). Claxton makes planning your wedding carefree and enjoyable. With lists of recommended vendors, and in house catering with unlimited menu options, everything came together easier than I could have ever imagined it. The day of the wedding, I was in complete awe! When we showed up to the venue everyone was working diligently and putting the finishing touches together, to create our Best Day Ever...and it was EXACTLY that! Our bridal attendant, Jackie, was on point. If I was taking a picture, she was holding my drink, and the second I was done, my drink was back in my hand. She's like a magician, really! So coordinated, and on top of things the whole night. I would highly recommend Claxton farm to any couples looking for that perfect outdoor rustic wedding in the countryside. I doesn't get any better than this!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Claxton Farm's staff is helpful, organized and professional. As a planner I greatly appreciate supportive and positive venue staff. Not only was the team at Claxton helpful but they were so friendly and easy to work with. I would happily (and hope to!) be back planning at Claxton again very soon. :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I live in Atlanta, Ga and desperately wanted to marry in the mountains. We researched several locations online and fell upon Claxton Farms.
The day couldn't have been more perfect! Treva and Brenda's responsiveness was terrific and the venue couldn't have been more beautiful.
We highly recommend this venue for couples that are searching for that rustic/nature feel. Would couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture Kim, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

There are not enough good things to say about Claxton. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and that was largely because of them. Treva and Brenda are AMAZING to work with in planning; they make everything so easy to figure out, are so accommodating, nice, and responsive. They treated all our requests like it was a breeze, and were always so easy to ask a million questions. They are so seamless in their work and their communication.
On the day of, Scott and Jackie were also amazing! The day went off largely without a hitch, and they were always in the background making sure everything was perfect without being overbearing or making their presence too obvious. I can't thank them enough for all of their incredible help.
The venue - my goodness, the venue. We heard so many married couples saying they wished they had gotten married at Claxton. We had a little bit of rain before the ceremony, but that just meant rainbows during the reception! You look around and you just get a 360* view of the mountains, secluded just you and your loved ones (and some awesome animals), and it's like a dream come true. Honestly, it was beyond perfect. It was everything we hoped for. The food was great, too - the trout cakes were SO GOOD, and the apps were awesome. I'd recommend this place to everyone out there.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My experience with Claxton Farms from initial contact through after our wedding was phenomenal. Planning it was a breeze! Brenda and Emily made the process so easy and stress free. They were quick to respond with any questions I had and fun to work with! The day of the wedding our bridal attendant Jackie exceeded our expectations. We didn't have to worry about a thing and were able to thoroughly enjoy our special day! And to top it off, the venue is so beautiful and fun! It truly was the most perfect day.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Linens, Chairs

Claxton Farm is a working farm that has been accumulating land for years now and has 500 beautiful acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We went to the first meeting to discuss floor plan arrangements and have a walk-through of a couple things. They provide catering, the DJ, event tents if you need them, etc. They are very easy to work with! I cannot wait to have a laid-back but still gorgeously rustic wedding. This venue is classy and rustic at the same time.

Profile Picture User5046022, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claxton Farm...I honestly don't know where to begin. Every experience I had was wonderful! They have a great list of preferred vendors, the food was delicious and deciding on rentals was made so easy for me. Every person I spoke with or e-mailed was very knowledgeable, professional and caring. I can honestly say I was completely stress free during my entire planning process. When my wedding day came, every detail came together without a hitch. We actually ran ahead of schedule and we're able to have more time to be with our friends and family after dessert!
The venue itself is absolutely spectacular! I'm not exaggerating when I say pictures do NOT do it justice. Multiple guests told me it was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen.

Profile Picture Kristine, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding is not till June but I am so impressed by the professionalism that M7 event solutions at Claxton Farm has shown us already. They are so organized and helpful and I am 100% confident that they will make my wedding gorgeous and unforgettable. This venue is absolutely amazing and the prettiest one we looked at in western NC!

Profile Picture Leigh, 6/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't think we could have asked for anything better! The farm is absolutely breathtaking and the staff was amazing! Micah and Tanya we wonderful to work with and made sure we had every detail set so that we didn't have to worry about anything the day of the event. Our guests couldn't stop complementing the food the venue and the staff (Summer, Scott, Scotty, Hope and the entire M7 staff) saying it was one of the best weddings/venues they've ever been to among other fabulous complements! I would recommend this venue to everyone!! I could continue to write a novel but if you visit you'll see right away what no review could describe!!

Profile Picture User3543840, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a mother of the bride I couldn't have been happier with Claxton Farm as a wedding vendor. From the moment we contacted Claxton Farm we had nothing but positive experiences. The staff is SO friendly and easy to work with. They are very, very accommodating. Many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they ever attended and I'm sure a lot of that was due to the Claxton Farm staff. We plan to use Claxton Farm as a vendor again even though we live in Illinois.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Claxton was the perfect spot for our wedding! Tanya and Summer were fantastic to work with! They helped me plan long distance and gave honest feedback to my ideas! They helped take my vision and make it possible no matter how crazy or absurd! It was the best day ever and it was all thanks to them! Claxtons crew even helped keep some of our crazy relatives in line! Amazing job and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat with this crew!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/10/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Very impressed! Beautiful venue, friendly and professional staff. Everything came off without a hitch!

Profile Picture BARBARA, 9/6/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is such a special place. I loved this venue so much I wish it were practical for me to go back and visit regularly. If you are looking for a venue that showcases the beautiful natural features of western NC Claxton Farm is it! Aside from the indisputable gorgeous scenery, the staff Micah and Tanya were soo easy to work with. I planned my wedding from several states away which led to the majority of wedding planning to be conducted via telephone. They made everything extremely painless. Every detail was considered ahead of time and I thought it was especially sweet that the wedding coordinator thought to pack the groom and I a box of dinner and dessert for after the wedding in case were unable to eat during the reception. If you're looking for a venue that takes the stress out of wedding planning Claxton is easily a winner! The venue will even arrange food, ceremony music, and a dj. I could not have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Micah, Tanya and the event staff at M7 Events / Claxton Farm are an absolute dream to work with. They were instrumental in making our wedding a perfect day at a beautiful location. Micah ad Tanya especially made what is a stressful process (planning a large wedding) into a fun experience. Food and service were A+ and each vendor they recommended was great. (PS I highly recommend the ropa vieja! Our guests were thrilled with the food). The farm is stunning (even when it is about to storm) and it made a 130 person wedding feel like a smaller gathering (what I wanted) because of the wide open field and big sky. HIGHLY Recommended. Claxton & the staff made our wedding a dream.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Wedding Planning