Classical Flamenco Guitarist Miles Moynier Reviews

87 | San Diego, CA

87 Reviews for Classical Flamenco Guitarist Miles Moynier

Lindsay · Married on 11/19/2016

Miles was WONDERFUL! We hired him for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour in November and he was such a PRO. Prior to the wedding he was so easy to work with. He even offered to learn a song from our favorite musical (Hamilton, "Dear Theodosia") for when we walked down the aisle. It meant so much to us and he executed it perfectly!!!! I would highly recommend Miles to add the perfect ambiance to any event. Thank you for adding so much happiness to our day!

Sent on 02/24/2017
  • W

William · Married on 11/12/2016

Miles was the perfect musical touch for our special day!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2016

If you are looking for a talented guitarist for a social event, then I would like to very highly recommend Miles. He performed prelude music and ceremony music at my wedding, and the music was fantastic! Miles was easy to get in touch with, he is responsive to emails, and he sent us a demo CD to let us hear what his performance sounds like and also to provide examples of ceremony music. We requested "signed sealed delivered" which was not on his song list, and he went ahead and learned it and was able to play it for our recessional. Miles is an absolute professional, and went above and beyond.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Betsy · Married on 07/30/2016

On time - responsive and a great musician.
    Just what we wanted! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/01/2016

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Miles and would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a guitar player. My husband plays classical guitar and he was delighted with the music quality, many of the guests also commented on how fantastic the music was. Miles is extremely versatile, his music list ranges from classical and traditional Spanish guitar music to upbeat Nuevo Flamenco which was perfect for the reception.
    I also really appreciated the level of attention and service Miles provided. He sent me a cd and talked with me about what music I would like pre-ceremony, during the procession and then after, during the reception. We really appreciated the extra beauty Miles added to our special day!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Angela · Married on 05/28/2016

Miles was so great to work with. He was very flexible with his time and great with communication. He responded quickly to emails and calls. He was able to work with our requests quite easily. He learned all of the music we requested. And best of all, he plays beautifully. He really set the ambiance for the ceremony and the reception (we used him for the dinner, not dancing). Annnnd he plays Game of Thrones theme song :) You can't go wrong with him! Thank you Miles!

Sent on 06/09/2016

I hired Miles to for the ceremony and cocktail hour portions of my wedding day. I went with a guitarist over other alternatives because I felt it fit in well with my outdoor winery/vineyard wedding. Musically, Miles delivered exactly what I was looking for in terms of song selection and theme. Miles was even willing to learn the song that my heart was set on for my bridal march, as it was not yet part of his repertoire. Miles arrived well before the start of the ceremony to begin playing as guests arrived, and during the ceremony he read his queues well on when to stop one song and start another. Unfortunately, as the bride, I really only had the chance to hear Miles playing during the ceremony, but I have been hearing rave reviews from my guests about how great the music was during the cocktail hour, with one guest even asking me for his contact information. I distinctly remember while I was off taking photos, hearing the lively Spanish style guitar from off in the distance, and wishing I could have been at the cocktail hour to enjoy it fully. I would highly recommend Miles Moynier to anyone looking for a talented guitarist to perform at their event or party.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Alena · Married on 04/23/2016

Miles was FABULOUS!! From beginning to end he was there for us. His music is just beautiful, our guests loved it, and my husband and I loved it as well. He was there for every call, every email, and showed up with a fantastic performance at our wedding. He is so easy to work with and is a fabulous musician. His vibe is very laid back and a wonderful person to talk to and work with. I cant say enough good things about him! If you are looking for a guitarist for your wedding, HE is your guy! Great price, so sweet, and willing to go the extra mile for you. If I could give him 100 stars I would.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Wow!!! Simply amazing :D Miles played during our cocktail hour and dinner at The Prado for our April 2nd wedding. Our guests LOVED him- received so many compliments about him. He is sooo talented and very professional. I am so happy we hired him :) He played all the songs my husband and I requested. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Miles is amazing. I am so glad that we found him and that he was available for our wedding. Miles was very responsive, professional, friendly, and easy to work with from the moment we reached out - which was on somewhat short notice. He is an amazing and talented guitarist and all our guests agreed! We received a demo CD to listen to and spoke with him over the phone so that he could play samples for us since we were planning from afar. After our conversation, all my worries about noise and the flow of things disappeared as he walked us through how things would work at our beach location and played a sample of the songs. I so appreciated his communication leading up to our day. It was comforting to know he had experience playing at our beach location and had all the right equipment. We are so thankful we found Miles! In all the hustle and bustle I never got a chance to thank Miles in person, but I remember hearing the music and thinking how beautiful and calming it sounded - he definitely helped to make our day complete. Highly recommend! Thank you Miles!

Sent on 06/24/2016

I found Miles through my wedding planner. My fiancé and I knew that we wanted live music at the wedding and our top choice was classical guitar. From the beginning working with Miles was great. He sent a demo CD for me to listen to and select music from. I choose to walk down the aisle to something non-traditional (Sting - Fields of Gold), and Miles was able to play it no problem! He was also great with my soloist and working with her directly to get the sheet music to her song. It definitely put one less thing on my list to have him be proactive and take care of that! Miles continued to play at my cocktail reception and sadly due to pictures I couldn't hear him play, but heard rave reviews from my guests! I would recommended Miles to anyone that is looking for live music for their ceremony and cocktail hour!

Sent on 03/16/2016

Michael · Married on 02/20/2016

Miles did an awesome job at our wedding at the LaFayette this past weekend. Everyone really loved the music and I had multiple people come up and ask for his information so they could book him in the future. Miles played our ceremony as well as our cocktail hour. I will definitely be booking miles again for parties. Miles was extremely easy to work with and professional. He is also very nice, professional and cared a lot about making sure our special day had great music. Thank you, Miles for doing an awesome job!

Sent on 02/24/2016

We loved having classical guitar as our ceremony music and for cocktail hour. It was an affordable addition that made for a classy element to our wedding.

From the beginning, Miles was responsive to all communications and helpful in selecting music with us. He made suggestions and played samples over the phone to help us decide. Miles was well aware of the setup that was needed, so the day of was stress free. We received compliments from our guests on the ceremony and cocktail hour music.

We enjoyed having this kind of live music instead of a DJ and thought it really made a difference. Miles was great to work with and would recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/14/2015

Miles was critical in making my wedding dream a reality. Miles' music added the perfect classic romantic touch I had hoped for during my wedding ceremony. Miles was professional and timely in his responses as well as accommodating. I owe Miles a huge thank you, as he agreed and successfully learned to play a new song (Sleeping Beauty's "Once Upon a Dream") for me to walk down the aisle to. During our scheduled phone consultation, he played the line up of my ceremony songs, which brought me to tears over the phone, and was a wonderful preview of the ceremony music flow. His demo CD sent upon request is a perfect way to get a feel of his musical talents. Miles is affordable and pleasant to work with, and I most certainly recommend you add him to your wedding vendor team.

Sent on 12/27/2015
  • kalamityjen

Jenny · Married on 08/01/2015

Miles is an amazing guitarist and a true professional. I first met him at my sister's wedding, 8 years ago, and have had the pleasure of hearing him play at a few of our friends weddings as well. For our wedding, he played all of the music for our ceremony and even learned a new song for my walk down the aisle. He also played our cocktail hour, giving our guests some great Spanish/Flamenco music to enjoy. Miles is one of those priceless people that you can hire and then not worry about at all. He's been doing this for so many years that he's probably played all over San Diego and knows every venue. He shows up and is completely self sufficient. His price is super reasonable too. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants live music at their event. I can't say enough good things about him! Thank you Miles!

Sent on 08/21/2015

Lester · Married on 06/22/2015

Miles provided the classical/contemporary guitar music for my daughter's wedding (prior to ceremony, during ceremony and during the cocktail hour prior to dinner). Miles is an amazingly gifted musician with an impressive repertoire of music from which to choose. I had many guests at the wedding go out of their way to tell me how much they enjoyed his playing and how much it added to the ceremony. He was extremely easy to work with, exceeding flexible with all our requests (some very last minute), incredibly responsive to our inquiries and worked so well with the others involved (e.g. DJ). I would most certainly use Miles again for any event I had, from wedding to corporate event.

L. Knight

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • User5208167 · 2+ years ago

Miles was wonderful to work with and provided several suggestions on what pieces worked the best at different points of the ceremony. In addition, he arranged a meeting over the phone so we could hear how they would sound. During cocktail hour several of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the live acoustic guitar performance.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Miles was wonderful to work with and provided exactly what we were hoping for. He even arranged a song that was special to us to play for our procession, and it was perfect.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Kim · Married on 04/04/2015

Miles was absolutely fantastic!!! We had him for our ceremony and for our cocktail hour and he was amazing. So many people from our wedding asked about him! From the moment I contacted Miles he was prompt and incredibly flexible with meetings to discuss what we had envisioned for our wedding. He played samples on the phone for us as well as sent up recordings for us to listen to so that on our wedding day everything was absolutely perfect. His acoustic guitar and renditions of our favorite songs were so incredibly romantic! It was exactly as I envisioned for my dream wedding!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Laura · Married on 03/28/2015

Miles was an easy vendor for us to choose when we were looking for a ceremony musician. I knew that I wasn't exactly into a pianist or a harpist, so when I listened to Miles' samples online, I knew he would be perfect. I shared his sample CD with my parents and we all fell in love with his music. My dad says he is even considering picking back up his guitar after many years, thanks to listening to Miles' music!

We decided on some non-traditional songs for our ceremony. The Princess Bride is one of my dad's and my favorite movies, so when we heard it on his sample CD I knew it was the right song to have my dad walk me down the aisle to. Everything was played beautifully and made my parents, my husband, and I all very sentimental and emotional during the ceremony. I did not get to attend the cocktail hour but what I could hear of his music in the distance sounded wonderful too! I highly recommend hiring Miles for your ceremony and other wedding music if you are looking for something a little different than the traditional types of wedding music.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Kurt · Married on 03/27/2015

Miles player for our sons rehearsal dinner at the Prado. We thoroughly enjoyed the music he provided. The selection, tempo and volume of songs played were ideal. I fully recommend him for your event.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Scott · Married on 03/20/2015

My wife and I are busy professionals who only make time to review business that are truly outstanding. Even with this high threshold, very few warrant a perfect score. Miles is phenomenal, from his responsiveness and professionalism to the flawless performance he provided. Our venue refused to permit amplification, so Miles took it upon himself to find an accompanist. Miles talked us through the selections, playing samples on the phone of any music that wasn't on his complimentary demo cd. The day was magical and his music was the enchanting score that flowed throughout.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Clem · Married on 10/25/2014

Miles did an oustanding job playing guitar at our cermoney and cocktail hour. He was extremely professional and easy to work with. His music was outstanding, and really made for a fun, relaxed atmosphere. I would highly recommend he play for you!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Miles was truly a pleasure to work with and very talented. He added a dimension to the wedding that was priceless. Professional & personal touches. When you work with Miles, you will have one less worry on your special occasion.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Martie · Married on 09/21/2014

Miles gave great performance on our cliff wedding! We were running late because one of the antique cars failed to show up in time to pick me up...I was really upset, but as soon as I heard the music I felt so much more relaxed and ready to walk down the aisle. Miles was very professional and patient and played great despite the ceremony time ran inevitably longer than expected.

Our ceremony song was "yellow" and Miles hasn't played it before. But he's very good about it and played it several times for us either over phone or in email attachment. He also gave good recommendations as to song choices.

I am very glad I went with Miles as my guitarist. He certainly has made that day on the cliff more special:)

Sent on 10/01/2014