Classic Catering and Events Reviews

42 | Mc Calla, AL

42 Reviews for Classic Catering and Events

Kimberly · Married on 05/12/2018

It was such a pleasure having Kim and Heather and the rest of the Classic Catering and Events staff provide food to us and our wedding guests. They helped make the experience less stressful and took the time to help us organize the cost-friendly quality menu we wanted. Kim and Heather made themselves readily available through communication by telling us the best way to reach them so we could get responses quickly. The food was beautifully put together as Kim, Heather, and their team worked hard to contribute to making our day sweet. They made a beautiful cake as the bride's cake and took into consideration my husband's preference for banana pudding by making individual shooters for the guests. There payment and headcount system was also very reasonable and time friendly. I loved how this team could do any variety of foods and cater it to what seemed most fitting for the bride and groom. I would highly recommend Classic Catering Events to anyone looking for quality and budget friendly caterers.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Kimberly! You and Hunter were great to work with. Everything was so easy and fun with you guys. We can't wait to see what God bring you guys in the future!

Caroline · Married on 05/12/2018

Good work and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Caroline! Thank you for letting me be part of your day. You guys, your families, and you wedding party were an absolute joy to work with!

Brooke · Married on 05/12/2018

These people made my day happen. My contact Heather went above and beyond to help us with everything from designs , flower choice , and placement . She even went out of her way to do things not in their contract to help me. The best!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Brooke!! I absolutely loved working with you!

Lydia · Married on 04/21/2018

Heather and her mom were such a pleasure to work with! Easy to get in touch with, funny, and so, so accommodating. The food was delicious, and the cake was GORGEOUS (I nearly cried). The only regret would be that we didn’t get to eat more; my Husband loved the Ham & Swiss rolls!
    Everything was perfect.

April 7th Bride,
    Lydia

Sent on 04/25/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Lydia! You were so much fun to work with! Brides like you are the reason we love what we do!

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2018

The caterers were great, so nice and easy to work with. The food was wonderful and the setup and breakdown/cleanup were seamless. I'd use these caterers again and I definitely recommend them highly!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Niki! We enjoyed being part of your day. You guys had a beautiful wedding, and we wish you and Tom the absolute best!

Shelley · Married on 02/24/2018

Kim and Heather went above and beyond to make our wedding special! From the first time we met up with them, they were very eager to work with us to create our dream wedding. They understand that weddings can be both stressful and expensive, so they do everything they can to make it possible for people to have just what they want and to stay in budget. We went with a taco / nacho bar, which was a huge hit! It came fully loaded with meat, every topping you could imagine, queso, and salsa! It was a huge hit with the crowd. For cakes, we decided on a half-naked traditional white cake with buttercream icing and a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing topped with mini Reese cups. Everyone “oohed and ahhed” over the flawless looks of the cakes and the flavor! The cakes were perfectly cooked and the icings were not overly sweet. After booking this awesome duo for our catering, I discovered Heather is also a coordinator! Heather was a life-saver for me. The morning of our wedding, I discovered our champagne flutes had gotten cracked during travel. She was almost to the hotel when I called her and asked her if she could pick up some just like the ones we had. In no time at all, she was at the hotel with them in hand! Heather did a wonderful job. Not only did these two ladies make our day perfect, but they were fun to talk to and easy to work with. There were many times I would randomly think of a question, and I would get a response within just a few minutes. Two thumbs up.

Sent on 03/08/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Shelley! You guys were fantastic, and we truly enjoyed working with you and Tyler!

Jennifer · Married on 02/17/2018

I couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful experience! Very responsive to any questions or concerns, extremely professional, and the food was fabulous! I will definitely use them again in the future. Thank you for helping make our wedding a fantastic event!

Sent on 02/23/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer! You made everything such a breeze for us, and we are grateful that you chose us to be part of your special day!

Jennifer · Married on 10/28/2017

Fantastic all around!

Kim & Heather are absolutely fantastic! I used several of their offered services for my wedding - catering, cakes, event planning, & floral services. The food was incredible and all of our guests raved over how yummy the food was and that the line was worth the wait. I decided to go a less traditional route for cakes. I had a donut tower cake with a chocolate on chocolate layer for the topper. She had extra sheet cakes for guests that wanted cake instead of donuts. My husband had a strawberry cake with strawberry icing. I left cake toppers and flowers & they worked their magic! Heather was beyond helpful in planning my wedding. I basically told her what I wanted every step of the way & she made it happen. She did my invitations, favors, programs, coordination, and so much more. They both knew budget was a main concern for me. Let's be realistic though, you can't get something for nothing. You have to expect to pay for some things especially when you have a large number of guests. There's not a thing I would change about our wedding and Classic Catering & Events was a huge part in making it what it was! They are both very responsive and are always happy to answer any questions. Parts of my wedding is also featured on their website.

Side note: Several of our friends are getting married (and friends of friends) and they have booked Classic Catering & Events for their weddings, baby showers, some for event services for lingerie showers, and have all been elated with the service!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Shae · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing food for a reasonable price! They are all so kind too. We had the best experience with them & I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Karen · Married on 05/20/2017

They did my daughter’s wedding last year. The food was fabulous!l and had great prices! Everyone told us how great the food was! They were very easy to work with and always got back to us promptly. I would definately recommend them! Fantastic job!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Sabrina · Married on 04/28/2018

Classic Catering and Events was so helpful and I have nothing but great things to say about them. Heather helped us achieve exactly what we were looking for with our reception and ceremony. And all the food was delicious. My husband loved the ham and swiss rolls!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Sabrina! We loved working with you guys. You have the sweetest little family!

Samantha · Married on 03/23/2018

Heather and Kim are such a wonderful team to work with!! Their prices are the best around, and the quality of their food is out of this world. Living out of state, I was able to easily communicate with them to talk about our big day, to make sure it was everything we wanted and more. Everything they served looked great and tasted even better. I would not hesitate to recommend them to all of our friends and family for future events!!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you!! We loved being part of your celebration. It was so fun and different! Thank you so much for including us!!

Jessica Ledlow · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful and no regrets!

Food and service was great! Very patient and understanding!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We enjoyed getting to be part of your day. We wish you guys all of the happiness in the world!

Marti · Married on 05/26/2018

Classic Catering and Events was so fun to work with! Heather and Kim take such good care of each of their brides and they are so accommodating. They're great at what they do! Not to mention we (and our guests) absolutely loved the food. So good!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

Thank you, Marti! Working with you was such a breeze. I'd do it all over again anytime!

Brenda · Married on 09/22/2018

Classic catering was great and everyone loved the food. Heather and Kim were very helpful during the entire process.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Thank you, Brenda!

Anita · Married on 03/23/2018

2.0
      3.0
      1.5
      3.0
      2.0

Not pleased at all! We ran out of food. Planned for 150 had no more than 120 including young children attended and this included the bridal party. Quality and Value was rated low because I didn’t have food in order to rate adequately. Professionalism was rated low because I attempted to make it right and they would not consider working it out with us. I would not recommend this caterer at all.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Classic Catering and Events's reply:

I'm sorry that you were not pleased, but your review is not accurate. We keep track of servings by counting plates used, & you guys used well over 150. I monitored the food, & every guest that came through the line got food. The chicken fingers ran out after the line ended, but they lasted until the end. The only leftovers you didn't take home were chicken fingers.
    We didn't give you a refund because your guests consumed more than 150 servings. The only way to monitor serving sizes is to serve a plated meal. You chose appetizers served buffet style. That's why your price/person was only $11.50 for chicken fingers, potato bar, assorted dips, & fruit & cheese.
    We are extremely responsive & perhaps too flexible. We had trouble getting responses from you guys. We can only communicate so much to clients who don't communicate with us. We require a $100 booking deposit, half of the balance 60 days prior, & the final balance 1 week before. You did not book until Feb 28th. That was less than one month before your wedding, so we required half of the balance before we would attend your final venue visit. I didn't get the final payment until the day before the wedding. We were very flexible with you & did everything possible to accommodate you.
    I truly am sorry that you were anything less than satisfied with our services. I'm also sorry that we didn't agree to give you a refund, but I stand by that. I could go on about small things we did to make the reception less stressful for you guys, but that's not my style. We strive to go above & beyond to make all of our clients happy. We took your negative review pretty hard. You're actually the first client who was not satisfied with us. You have taught me that we can't please everyone, & I'm learning to accept that. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with us, & I hate that you won't be recommending us. I truly feel that we did the best we could to make you happy. I wish you guys all the best.

Dani Hughes · Married on 10/19/2019

extremely unprofessional

We had classic catering & events booked since last October (2018) for our weddings catering, cake, florals, coordination, & planning. She decided that we “were not a good fit for them” this week (July 2019) & dropped us from all services leaving us now 3 months from our wedding day with nothing. I highly do not recommend Heather or anyone who works for her for anything, unless you enjoy scrambling last minute to find all new vendors for your big day. Biggest mistake of my life was booking them for my wedding!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Hi, Dani!
    Thanks for your feedback. However, your review is a little inaccurate. Because I felt that our floral designs with your budget wouldn’t be what you wanted, I thought it was best that you used another florist. I thought long and hard, and I stand by that decision. However, you weren’t left scrambling for a florist. I contacted a florist we work with often, found that she was available, checked her pricing, and found that she was available and in your budget. I also gave her your contact information because the last thing I wanted to do was leave you in a bind. We did not cancel any other services - you did that. We didn’t have a signed contract on file for you, so cancelling was simple. I extended a courtesy to you and refunded your non-refundable booking deposit. I understand your frustration with having to find another florist, but I do think the decision will make you happier in the end. We always welcome feedback, so we appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. I’m sorry you felt it was best for you to cancel the remaining services. We wish you and Daniel the absolute best and hope your wedding day is everything you’ve dreamed of.
    Best Wishes,