Clark Gardens Reviews

Clark Gardens 2
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful and Lovely!!!!

Clark Garden is absolutely wonderful! Ansley and the team truly care about your special day! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Lauren,
    Seeing your review has made my day. The Clark Gardens team understands how important each couple's wedding day is. Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens as your wedding venue. We were so lucky to work with just a sweet couple and family. Come back and visit the gardens anytime.
    Warmest Wishes,
    Ansley

Sydney Dorsett · Married on 11/10/2018

Clark Gardens

The most amazing experience I’ve had. I was so blessed to have been able to partner with Clark Gardens. So helpful so flexible so caring and kind. All the staff were so helpful to just stop everything and help and guide us through the experience. So grateful and blessed by God for these wonderful people.

Sent on 01/11/2019

Sydney,
    Our team was so thrilled to help with your special day. Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens.
    Best wishes,

shannon · Married on 07/06/2018

Clark Gardens is a beautiful venue! The story of it's origin just adds to its beauty. We toured in February for a July wedding, and although not a lot was blooming it was still such an enchanting place. From the first step in you are greeted by a reflecting pool surrounded by flowers and trees and greenery. Travel through and you will see arbors and a chapel and fountains and ponds and lots and lots of flowers. It is a breathtaking place for an outdoor wedding. July is HOT in Texas, but the venue is well planted and shade was everywhere we would need it.

Ansley and her support team were wonderful and did not stop taking care of us from February to a week after the wedding. A thunderstorm came through just before cocktail hour (of course, right?!) and they sprung into action to soothe the bride, and the bride's mom! All that came out of that storm was some darling pictures with clear umbrellas provided by Clark Gardens.

I would completely recommend this venue, it gave us some beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Shannon,
    Thank you for your kind words. Our team was thrilled to help out! You know what they say when it rains on your wedding day . . . it's good luck.
    There were so many unique factors that made Carson and JT's wedding beautiful.
    Happy wishes,

Brogan · Married on 04/13/2018

Our experience at Clark Gardens was wonderful! The scenery was beautiful, definitely a place I would recommend!

Clark Gardens 3
    Sent on 04/25/2018

Brogan,

Thank you for your kind words. Our team was thrilled to help out with your stunning wedding! We wish you two many happy years.

Ansley and the Clark Gardens Team

Cheryl · Married on 11/11/2017

Our daughter Elizabeth, was married 11-11-17 at Clark Gardens. We are more than elated for the professional guidance and help we received. Their staff and facilities were unforgettable, especially Ansley, the Director of Private Events and Stormi, her assistant, who made sure every concern was addressed. The weather changed and turned cold the morning of the wedding. We made an emergency request for some protective walls on the reception tent. They were installed by Ansley and staff just prior to the wedding. We saw only smiles and heard "we are here for you." Clark Gardens has a chapel, a beautiful home to rent for families, outdoor facilities including large tents and a gazebo with a waterfall. They also provide a preferred vendor list, including food, DJ, flowers and especially first class was the wedding coordinator, Lisa. All the vendors we used from this list were fantastic and professional. We have great memories from our Clark Garden's experience. They really took the stress out of the wedding preparations and we would highly recommend this beautiful hidden treasure!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Cheryl,

We feel so honored when we get to work with families as sweet as yours. Not only were we able to see the love that Elizabeth & Kyle had for one another, but also the love and excitement their families had for both of them.

Thank you for your kind words! It was such a joy for our team to be a part of Elizabeth and Kyle's wedding day. Come back and visit us anytime.

Ansley McEntire & The Clark Gardens Team

Hannah · Married on 10/14/2017

Clark Gardens is a absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding. Ansley and the team at Clark Gardens are amazing! They are so kind, eager to help, and knowledgeable. They made the wedding planning process and day of so smooth and enjoyable. We cannot thank them enough for such a beautiful, special day!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Mary Erin · Married on 05/26/2017

I wouldn't have gotten married anywhere else! Not only are the gardens gorgeous, but the staff was extremely helpful in planning my amazing wedding day! Ansley and Jaci were both very sweet throughout the entire process! I don't think I would have made it through the day in one piece without Ansley and her crew! Thank y'all for such a great day and experience!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Mary Erin,
    Thank you for your kind words! Our team loved getting to be a part of your day. We wish CJ & you many years of happiness.
    Don't forget to come out and visit us.
    Much Thanks,
    The Clark Gardens Team
  • Maive

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2016

Clark Gardens was the Perfect venue for my wedding day! I pretty much planned the whole thing without fiance's help (which was fine, I am a planner and hes not!) but I did want his input so I asked him to describe what he imagined our wedding day being and he said "Magical and Romantic". Clark Gardens was the Perfect setting for this. I actually did bring him out to help me decide on the venue and we both fell in love with Clark Gardens. There was also the added humor of my maiden name being Clark... One last Hurrah for my maiden name haha

The whole day went super smoothly. I didn't hire a wedding planner, but Clark Gardens provides a day of coordinator to make sure the day runs smoothly. They tell the vendors where to set up and help make sure the ceremony is perfect (even coming out to the rehearsal to help you practice). There were times (before the wedding day) I wished I had hired a planner because all of the planning got super overwhelming and stressful... but when it came down to the day of, the coordinators really helped put me at ease!

Everything was pretty much set up when we arrived an hour and a half before the ceremony. They carted my guests to the ceremony location by golf cart and all of my guests really liked that :)

And the venue itself is just so gorgeous. I could go on and on about that, but if you go out there yourself you will see! I wish I could post photos! :) My photos are so gorgeous and of course the venue is a big part of that!

Also, if worried about weather... they have an onsite adorable chapel in case of rain and a huge permanent tent that's cemented in (not the type that would Ever blow away) for the reception. I cannot tell you how much peace that gave me in the weeks leading up to the wedding... I hardly even checked the weather because I knew we'd be covered either way! I cannot say enough about how amazing Clark Gardens is.

Sent on 12/11/2016

This venue is beautiful and the staff was amazing to work with! I highly recommend you choosing this beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Clark Gardens's reply:

Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens for your wedding! We love to know that people love it just as much as us!! Come back and visit!

Loved this venue. Couldn't of asked for a better place and people to work with. Chelsea was amazing!
    I was worried about getting the large deposit back with all kids I had at my wedding, but there was no need to worry!!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Clark Gardens's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed having your wedding at Clark Gardens! Come back and visit us, you can even have a picnic :)

Monika · Married on 06/14/2014

Great venue! Everything was beautiful.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Vickie · Married on 10/26/2013

We are new Texans from California and our only daughter wanted a beautiful October garden wedding on a lake for her setting. We selected the Lake Pavilion at Clark Gardens where I had previously visited for the National Iris Convention held last April 2013. Settings at Clark Gardens reminded me of Giverny, France. My daughter upon her visit agreed and we both feel it is actually much more lovely than the Monet home in Giverny where Monet's water lily pictures were painted. There are several arched bridges over lily ponds with waterfalls at Clark Gardens. Swans, Canada Geese can be seen gliding through the water. Peacocks visited during our wedding and reception, making for a lovely wedding setting.

All wedding guests were impressed with the Clark Gardens staff who helped them get to/from our venue as well as assistance for the wedding party's rehearsal and wedding preparations and reception

Our wedding and reception went smoothly because of the wonderful facilities and Clark Gardens staff.

Thank you, Chelsea, Elizabeth and staff!

Dave and Vickie Lunden

Sent on 11/07/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/24/2011

We had an absolutely magical wedding day at Clark Gardens. With Texas facing one of the worst droughts on record, I couldn't believe how lush and stunning the gardens were for our wedding day. To make it extra perfect, the staff even replanted and ordered thousands of extra flowers for our specific area of the gardens at no additional cost. They also updated and replaced the chandeliers in our reception tent the day before the wedding, also at no additional cost.

The wedding party stayed at the Retreat at Clark Gardens (the guest house on the property), which provided an absolutely calm and serene place to gather during the wedding weekend. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated the whole time.

When I needed an internet connection to post to my wedding blog the night before the wedding, the event coordinator picked me up and drove me to her office so I could use her computer. Talk about amazing customer service!

The staff at Clark Gardens went way above and beyond all of our expectations. It is a little far out from the metroplex, but absolutely worth the drive, 100%. I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful garden wedding.

Sent on 10/04/2011
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/10/2011

Melissa, the coordinator, was amazing to work with! She was very helpful and made the night run so smoothly. The venue was beautiful and the all the guests commented how it was the best place to hold a wedding!

Sent on 09/12/2011

sri · Married on 10/09/2010

I had my wedding here in October. I rented two portions of the Gardens- one for the wedding ceremony and one for the reception. The Gardens looked absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect. I received more comments on the venue than anything else.

The best things about the Gardens: You can bring in our own caterer, florist, decorator, wedding planner etc. at no extra cost; they provide the tables, garden chairs, and white linens for the tables; the event time begins at the ceremony start time (not when guests start arriving); guests are free to wander the entire Gardens.

The only negative is that the Gardens are about 1.5 hours from the Dallas/Ft. Worth city centers.

My contact at the Gardens was always responsive to my e-mails and many questions. She also took the time to speak with vendors and even showed them around so they could properly plan. She was always professional, friendly and very graciously accommodated last minute changes/additions for the wedding ceremony.

I highly recommend the Gardens for those interested in an outdoor wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2010

Angela · Married on 11/21/2015

This venue is truly a diamond in the rough. It is absolutely gorgeous & the ladies are eager to help in any way possible. The only reason they are not getting a full 5 stars is because we scheduled our shuttle service through them (after our hotel canceled on us last minute) & the shuttle was a no show. They didn't even call to tell us they were not coming. My guests were stranded without transportation after being promised a shuttle. That was very disappointing. However, the night was not ruined.

Also, I do not recommend a November wedding. It was unbearably cold even when extra heaters were brought into the rehearsal area. However, that is obviously not controllable by the venue. The weather was wonderful the day before & the day after.. so I would keep towards the beginning of November if you do choose this venue for your fall wedding.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Clark Gardens's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words! We enjoyed working with you and your family on your special day. We had fabulous peak fall color and your wedding was beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your pictures! We were equally disappointed in the shuttle service. This is a reputable shuttle service who have have always fulfilled their obligation. Staff reached out to them on the day of your wedding and received no response. However, on Monday once contacted they apologized and accepted full responsibility for the lack of performance and refunded the fee in full. Indeed, the weather in Texas can be unpredictable. We sympathize with you that on that particular night it was unseasonably cold. We wish you the very best and thank you for choosing Clark Gardens!

Miranda · Married on 03/07/2015

This place is absolutely gorgeous, even in the winter! I'm so happy I got married at such a lovely and romantic place.

Sent on 03/08/2015

Charlotte Moss · Married on 10/27/2018

We loved our wedding at Clark Gardens

Clark Gardens is a beautiful venue. We had a pretty large wedding with over 300 guests and they accommodated us so well. All our guests kept saying how are wedding looked like such a fairy tail because of the beautiful venue.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Charlotte,
    Your guests have it right; your wedding was a true fairy tale. Everything was beautiful! Our team especially loved your hand-made succulent bowl centerpieces. Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens as your wedding venue.
    Best Wishes,

Jenni · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I live in Fort Worth, with some family and friends in Dallas, so I'll admit there was a little hesitation about choosing a venue so far away. But it was ABSOLUTELY worth it. We got married in early October and it was more beautiful than I could have imagined.

I fell in love with the venue on our first visit. We had reserved the entire East Garden, which gave us access to all of these little gardens and ponds and wooded areas. It felt very "Alice in Wonderland" to me—kind of a magical place to explore. One of my favorite things is the way guests are seated under the trees along the Channel Garden pond, which is where we had our ceremony. The fountains came on as we were pronounced husband and wife and made our way over to the East Tent for the reception. There is simply no other venue as beautiful and unique!

Overall, this venue is REALLY flexible. There are several built-in rain plans, which is really nice when you're planning an outdoor wedding. I loved that we had so many different gardens to choose from for various events and photos, and I wish I'd had even more time to just explore on my wedding day. I also loved that we were able to BYOB, as my husband and I are homebrewers and wanted to bring our own beer for the wedding. Even more, we able to bring our dog to be the ring bearer, and he just hung out in a little fenced area during the reception.

Logistically, this place can be a challenge because it's far away. But the staff (Lauren, Chelsea, Jaci) were very helpful from day one, and we just booked buses to take all of our guests there and back. I can't wait to go back for a visit on our anniversary. Definitely recommend this place!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Clark Gardens is beautiful and we loved having the ceremony and reception there!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Clark Gardens and their staff were wonderful! We received so many compliments from people saying that ours was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. My only complaint might be the price, but it is nice that they don't charge hidden fees or taxes/gratuities.

Sent on 04/05/2015

MOLLY · Married on 10/20/2007

Beautiful gardens! We loved the brownstone chapel where we had our ceremony. The grounds are very well maintained. We did have some guests that did not attend because of the distance of the location but overall, we enjoyed the day!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

3.0

Clark Gardens is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing and super helpful!

Clark Gardens 4
    Sent on 02/17/2018

Caitlin,

Thank you for taking time to review Clark Gardens. We greatly appreciate it. Our team was thrilled and honored to be a part of your wedding. Everything was so stunning, and we can't wait to see all your wedding photos.
    We wish Clay and you many happy years!

Warm Wishes,

Valerie · Married on 06/08/2007

4.2

I absolutely LOVED Clark Gardens. Every garden was so put together and beautiful. The manager/ event coordinator was very friendly and worked hard to make everything perfect. After setting up the chairs for the ceremony she will personally sit in every chair to make sure all of the guests can see. She goes out of her way to make sure that you day is special.

Sent on 09/05/2008
  • Laci

Laci · Married on 12/12/2012

4.2
      3.0

Clark Gardens was the wedding venue that I knew I wanted from the moment I saw it 3 years before my wedding. When it was finally my turn, I searched and searched for it again, but couldn't remember the name and couldn't find it. I finally found it and was beside myself with joy. The Clark Gardens staff was so amazingly wonderful for the whole 15 month planning process. They answered every question I thought up and were very flexible with what I wanted for my wedding. My only complaints were that it was mandatory the wedding be over by 11 PM (seemed a little early for me) and that it was a little on the expensive side, but not unreasonable in my opinion. It provided the perfect backdrop for such an amazing day and every one of my guests was awed at the beautiful grounds.

Sent on 08/15/2013