Clark Gardens Reviews

Clark Gardens View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Jessica P. Married on 05/07/2021

Great Wedding Experience

We had such a great experience having our wedding at clark gardens, Stephanie was so friendly and helpful! The gardens are so beautiful it feel like a dream when you're there!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens to host you and Isaac's big day! It was such a blessing to witness the love you two share. We are so happy your day was great! We hope to see you guys visit the gardens soon. We wish you both the happiest of marriages!

-Stephanie & CG Team
  • Margie
    Margie R. Married on 05/01/2021

Clark Gardens

The setting is beautiful. The staff is helpful and accommodating. Through our planner, KC Cloud Events, we were able to make changes to the layout of the event in order to accommodate rain! We were very happy with our celebration.

Margie,

Thank you for the kind words! You guys were so incredible, and had the most gorgeous wedding display! We are so happy to have been a part of the special day! We wish Maggie & Nic a lifetime of love and happiness.

-Stephanie & CG Team
  • Kiara
    Kiara Married on 11/14/2020

Hidden Gem in NTX Hill Country

Clark Gardens was more than I could've imagined for my venue. The worst thing about this place is that there are too many beautiful spots to choose from for your ceremony! I got married in front of the White Garden and had my reception at the East Tent, and it was straight out of a fairy tale. Stephanie was a delight to work with and I can't recommend this hidden gem enough.

Kiara,

Thank you for these kinds words! Your wedding was indeed a fairytale. Your style and colors made the gardens even more beautiful for you special day. I am so happy you allowed us to be a part of your big day. We wish you and Stewart a lifetime of happiness!

Love,
    Stephanie and CG Team!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabby W. Married on 05/08/2020

Clark Gardens is Amazing!

We had the pleasure of having our elopement here at Clark Gardens because our big wedding plans were put on hold. Stephanie and Millie (not sure if that's spelled right, sorry!) were fantastic! Stephanie helped organize the when, where and how then Millie was there the day of the ceremony to help us with everything. The gardens are breath taking so the pictures we got gorgeous and will be cherished forever. We are now thinking of having our big wedding reception here next year!

Gabby,
    Thank you for your kind review! It was such an honor to be able to witness yours and Weston's wedding day. We are so happy you chose Clark Gardens to be the place to start your forever. You two are an incredible couple and have a bright future ahead. We hope to see you guys again in the gardens.

Best Wishes
    Stephanie & Milli
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful and Lovely!!!!

Clark Garden is absolutely wonderful! Ansley and the team truly care about your special day! I would highly recommend them to anyone!!

Lauren,
    Seeing your review has made my day. The Clark Gardens team understands how important each couple's wedding day is. Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens as your wedding venue. We were so lucky to work with just a sweet couple and family. Come back and visit the gardens anytime.
    Warmest Wishes,
    Ansley
    Danielle H. Married on 02/11/2019

Clark gardens was amazing!!

Clark Gardens help make my vision come to life. Our wedding was everything I could've dreamed of! Stephanie was great and answered any questions I had! The grounds were stunning and the staff were truly fantastic. I would highly recommend this Venue to anyone!

Danielle,

We are so happy to hear such positive feedback! It is truly an honor to witness couples unite as one, and yours and Caleb's day was one to remember. It was so magical and beautiful. Thank you so much for trusting our team and our venue.

We wish you many happy years to come.

With much love,
    Stephanie and CG Team!
    Sydney D. Married on 11/10/2018

Clark Gardens

The most amazing experience I’ve had. I was so blessed to have been able to partner with Clark Gardens. So helpful so flexible so caring and kind. All the staff were so helpful to just stop everything and help and guide us through the experience. So grateful and blessed by God for these wonderful people.

Sydney,
    Our team was so thrilled to help with your special day. Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens.
    Best wishes,
    Ansley & The Clark Gardens Team
    Shannon Married on 07/06/2018
    Clark Gardens is a beautiful venue! The story of it's origin just adds to its beauty. We toured in February for a July wedding, and although not a lot was blooming it was still such an enchanting place. From the first step in you are greeted by a reflecting pool surrounded by flowers and trees and greenery. Travel through and you will see arbors and a chapel and fountains and ponds and lots and lots of flowers. It is a breathtaking place for an outdoor wedding. July is HOT in Texas, but the venue is well planted and shade was everywhere we would need it.

Ansley and her support team were wonderful and did not stop taking care of us from February to a week after the wedding. A thunderstorm came through just before cocktail hour (of course, right?!) and they sprung into action to soothe the bride, and the bride's mom! All that came out of that storm was some darling pictures with clear umbrellas provided by Clark Gardens.

I would completely recommend this venue, it gave us some beautiful memories that will last a lifetime!

Shannon,
    Thank you for your kind words. Our team was thrilled to help out! You know what they say when it rains on your wedding day . . . it's good luck.
    There were so many unique factors that made Carson and JT's wedding beautiful.
    Happy wishes,
    Ansley & The Clark Gardens Team
    Brogan Married on 04/13/2018
    Our experience at Clark Gardens was wonderful! The scenery was beautiful, definitely a place I would recommend!

Brogan,

Thank you for your kind words. Our team was thrilled to help out with your stunning wedding! We wish you two many happy years.

Ansley and the Clark Gardens Team
    Cheryl Married on 11/11/2017
    Our daughter Elizabeth, was married 11-11-17 at Clark Gardens. We are more than elated for the professional guidance and help we received. Their staff and facilities were unforgettable, especially Ansley, the Director of Private Events and Stormi, her assistant, who made sure every concern was addressed. The weather changed and turned cold the morning of the wedding. We made an emergency request for some protective walls on the reception tent. They were installed by Ansley and staff just prior to the wedding. We saw only smiles and heard "we are here for you." Clark Gardens has a chapel, a beautiful home to rent for families, outdoor facilities including large tents and a gazebo with a waterfall. They also provide a preferred vendor list, including food, DJ, flowers and especially first class was the wedding coordinator, Lisa. All the vendors we used from this list were fantastic and professional. We have great memories from our Clark Garden's experience. They really took the stress out of the wedding preparations and we would highly recommend this beautiful hidden treasure!

Cheryl,

We feel so honored when we get to work with families as sweet as yours. Not only were we able to see the love that Elizabeth & Kyle had for one another, but also the love and excitement their families had for both of them.

Thank you for your kind words! It was such a joy for our team to be a part of Elizabeth and Kyle's wedding day. Come back and visit us anytime.

Ansley McEntire & The Clark Gardens Team
    Hannah Married on 10/14/2017
    Clark Gardens is a absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding. Ansley and the team at Clark Gardens are amazing! They are so kind, eager to help, and knowledgeable. They made the wedding planning process and day of so smooth and enjoyable. We cannot thank them enough for such a beautiful, special day!
    Mary E. Married on 05/26/2017
    I wouldn't have gotten married anywhere else! Not only are the gardens gorgeous, but the staff was extremely helpful in planning my amazing wedding day! Ansley and Jaci were both very sweet throughout the entire process! I don't think I would have made it through the day in one piece without Ansley and her crew! Thank y'all for such a great day and experience!

Mary Erin,
    Thank you for your kind words! Our team loved getting to be a part of your day. We wish CJ & you many years of happiness.
    Don't forget to come out and visit us.
    Much Thanks,
    The Clark Gardens Team
  • Maive
    Lindsey Married on 10/22/2016
    Clark Gardens was the Perfect venue for my wedding day! I pretty much planned the whole thing without fiance's help (which was fine, I am a planner and hes not!) but I did want his input so I asked him to describe what he imagined our wedding day being and he said "Magical and Romantic". Clark Gardens was the Perfect setting for this. I actually did bring him out to help me decide on the venue and we both fell in love with Clark Gardens. There was also the added humor of my maiden name being Clark... One last Hurrah for my maiden name haha

The whole day went super smoothly. I didn't hire a wedding planner, but Clark Gardens provides a day of coordinator to make sure the day runs smoothly. They tell the vendors where to set up and help make sure the ceremony is perfect (even coming out to the rehearsal to help you practice). There were times (before the wedding day) I wished I had hired a planner because all of the planning got super overwhelming and stressful... but when it came down to the day of, the coordinators really helped put me at ease!

Everything was pretty much set up when we arrived an hour and a half before the ceremony. They carted my guests to the ceremony location by golf cart and all of my guests really liked that :)

And the venue itself is just so gorgeous. I could go on and on about that, but if you go out there yourself you will see! I wish I could post photos! :) My photos are so gorgeous and of course the venue is a big part of that!

Also, if worried about weather... they have an onsite adorable chapel in case of rain and a huge permanent tent that's cemented in (not the type that would Ever blow away) for the reception. I cannot tell you how much peace that gave me in the weeks leading up to the wedding... I hardly even checked the weather because I knew we'd be covered either way! I cannot say enough about how amazing Clark Gardens is.
  • User2183985 2+ years ago
    This venue is beautiful and the staff was amazing to work with! I highly recommend you choosing this beautiful place to get married!

Clark Gardens's reply:

Thank you for choosing Clark Gardens for your wedding! We love to know that people love it just as much as us!! Come back and visit!
  • User2206921 2+ years ago
    Loved this venue. Couldn't of asked for a better place and people to work with. Chelsea was amazing!
    I was worried about getting the large deposit back with all kids I had at my wedding, but there was no need to worry!!

Clark Gardens's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed having your wedding at Clark Gardens! Come back and visit us, you can even have a picnic :)
    Monika Married on 06/14/2014
    Great venue! Everything was beautiful.
    Vickie Married on 10/26/2013
    We are new Texans from California and our only daughter wanted a beautiful October garden wedding on a lake for her setting. We selected the Lake Pavilion at Clark Gardens where I had previously visited for the National Iris Convention held last April 2013. Settings at Clark Gardens reminded me of Giverny, France. My daughter upon her visit agreed and we both feel it is actually much more lovely than the Monet home in Giverny where Monet's water lily pictures were painted. There are several arched bridges over lily ponds with waterfalls at Clark Gardens. Swans, Canada Geese can be seen gliding through the water. Peacocks visited during our wedding and reception, making for a lovely wedding setting.

All wedding guests were impressed with the Clark Gardens staff who helped them get to/from our venue as well as assistance for the wedding party's rehearsal and wedding preparations and reception

Our wedding and reception went smoothly because of the wonderful facilities and Clark Gardens staff.

Thank you, Chelsea, Elizabeth and staff!

Dave and Vickie Lunden
    Rachel Married on 09/24/2011
    We had an absolutely magical wedding day at Clark Gardens. With Texas facing one of the worst droughts on record, I couldn't believe how lush and stunning the gardens were for our wedding day. To make it extra perfect, the staff even replanted and ordered thousands of extra flowers for our specific area of the gardens at no additional cost. They also updated and replaced the chandeliers in our reception tent the day before the wedding, also at no additional cost.

The wedding party stayed at the Retreat at Clark Gardens (the guest house on the property), which provided an absolutely calm and serene place to gather during the wedding weekend. I felt relaxed and rejuvenated the whole time.

When I needed an internet connection to post to my wedding blog the night before the wedding, the event coordinator picked me up and drove me to her office so I could use her computer. Talk about amazing customer service!

The staff at Clark Gardens went way above and beyond all of our expectations. It is a little far out from the metroplex, but absolutely worth the drive, 100%. I would recommend to anyone looking for a beautiful garden wedding.
  • Andrea
    Andrea Married on 09/10/2011
    Melissa, the coordinator, was amazing to work with! She was very helpful and made the night run so smoothly. The venue was beautiful and the all the guests commented how it was the best place to hold a wedding!
    Sri Married on 10/09/2010
    I had my wedding here in October. I rented two portions of the Gardens- one for the wedding ceremony and one for the reception. The Gardens looked absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect. I received more comments on the venue than anything else.

The best things about the Gardens: You can bring in our own caterer, florist, decorator, wedding planner etc. at no extra cost; they provide the tables, garden chairs, and white linens for the tables; the event time begins at the ceremony start time (not when guests start arriving); guests are free to wander the entire Gardens.

The only negative is that the Gardens are about 1.5 hours from the Dallas/Ft. Worth city centers.

My contact at the Gardens was always responsive to my e-mails and many questions. She also took the time to speak with vendors and even showed them around so they could properly plan. She was always professional, friendly and very graciously accommodated last minute changes/additions for the wedding ceremony.

I highly recommend the Gardens for those interested in an outdoor wedding!

Angela Married on 11/21/2015
    This venue is truly a diamond in the rough. It is absolutely gorgeous & the ladies are eager to help in any way possible. The only reason they are not getting a full 5 stars is because we scheduled our shuttle service through them (after our hotel canceled on us last minute) & the shuttle was a no show. They didn't even call to tell us they were not coming. My guests were stranded without transportation after being promised a shuttle. That was very disappointing. However, the night was not ruined.

Also, I do not recommend a November wedding. It was unbearably cold even when extra heaters were brought into the rehearsal area. However, that is obviously not controllable by the venue. The weather was wonderful the day before & the day after.. so I would keep towards the beginning of November if you do choose this venue for your fall wedding.

Clark Gardens's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful words! We enjoyed working with you and your family on your special day. We had fabulous peak fall color and your wedding was beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your pictures! We were equally disappointed in the shuttle service. This is a reputable shuttle service who have have always fulfilled their obligation. Staff reached out to them on the day of your wedding and received no response. However, on Monday once contacted they apologized and accepted full responsibility for the lack of performance and refunded the fee in full. Indeed, the weather in Texas can be unpredictable. We sympathize with you that on that particular night it was unseasonably cold. We wish you the very best and thank you for choosing Clark Gardens!
    Miranda Married on 03/07/2015
    This place is absolutely gorgeous, even in the winter! I'm so happy I got married at such a lovely and romantic place.
    Martha O. Married on 04/17/2021

Breathtaking venue and amazing team!

We can't imagine having our special day anywhere else! These gardens are breathtaking with so many unique and special spots throughout the grounds. I never get tired of visiting them and it feels like you're getting married in a Monet painting or the Garden of Eden. You can feel the love and intentionality that is put into these grounds. We had endless compliments by our guest on the venue choice. Staff were wonderful and over the top accommodating to help us through potential weather challenges. We felt genuinely taken care of and that even though I know they do a ton of weddings that they cared about ours being incredibly special and smooth. I can't recommend Clark Gardens enough. The only downside to this venue is that there is no onsite kitchen or water source, so for catering/plated meals we ended up having to hire almost twice as much serving staff as you usually would need for a catered meal- that does drive up costs quite a bit. You can save a bit on flowers though since you're surrounded by them ;). All in all we were more than thrilled to have chosen Clark Gardens as our wedding venue.

Martha,

We could not have been more excited that you chose Clark Gardens as your venue for your extremely special day. You and Brin were a dream to work alongside, and had the most stunning wedding. I loved the touches of real fruit in your floral. Just overall you guys were breathtaking. The team wishes you guys the upmost happiest marriage! We sure hope to see you both out soon.

-Stephanie and CG Team
  • Erin
    Erin B. Married on 04/10/2021

Beautiful, magical night!

My husband and I chose this venue because of the enchanting channel garden and picturesque quality of the whole venue. The director, Stephanie, could not have been more easy to work with. She guided us along the entire planning process, answering any and every question we had. The venue is easy for setup, you can pull right up to the front to unload/load up. They had all of the tables already set up for us, so we could decorate and set up our portion much faster. It was truly a pleasure to have our wedding at Clark Gardens, it turned into the most magical night we could have hoped for! Thanks to everyone who helped us that night!! :)

Erin,

Thank you for the kindest words! It was an honor to work alongside you and Evan for the big day. You guys have such a beautiful relationship and to see everything come to life was very magical. Thank you for trusting in our team to help make your day the best ever! We wish you two the happiest of years to come, and hope to see you visit the gardens in the future.

With much love,