CK Catering Reviews

86 | Benton Harbor, MI

86 Reviews for CK Catering

Claire · Married on 09/15/2018

While our venue required us to use CK Catering, we could not have been happier with the results. Staff was very professional and their coordinators made the process so easy and answered any questions or concerns that we had. I love that they offer more unique and creative choices. We received so many compliments from our guests on how great the food was! We went with the maple whiskey chicken, flank steak with chimmichurri, garlic smashed potatoes, green beans with almonds, and roasted vegetables and everything was wonderful! I would highly recommend CK. We also served the dinner family-style, where there are larger dishes of everything that are passed around the table. It was something a little different and everybody loved it!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

We highly recommend working with CK! Even with the challenge of our wedding being the first at a new venue, there wasn’t a single complaint about the food or service. They were very responsive during the planning process and very easy to work with. Both us and our guests raved about the food, especially the beef tenderloin and the garlic mashed potatoes.

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2018

WOW!! the food was phenomenal! I'm a picky eater and their food was YUM!! Bbq pulled pork, chicken and vegetable lasagna,.. great costumer service , delivery and set up! Would recommend hands down! Thank you CK Catering! If I ever need catering again I'm using you guys

Kate · Married on 10/08/2017

CK Catering, what can I say? These guys are FANTASTIC! They worked with me on a deal since I was providing my own china, silverware, linens, and glasses. Their food is really freaking good and their prices are even better! The best part for some at the wedding was the separate plated kids meals they brought special for the three children in attendance. They went above and beyond for us and it was phenomenal!

Heather · Married on 06/09/2017

CK catering did a wonderful job for my wedding! The food was delicious! The staff were professional and kind as well. I worked with Melissa leading up to the wedding and she really knows how to help you plan out exactly what you want! The service ran smooth and on time. Thanks again!

Denise · Married on 05/20/2017

We used CK Catering for our wedding & could not be happier! To me, wedding food is usually so-so or, more often than not, just plain bad, so we were beyond impressed with the food from CK. It was seriously really good. Like really really good. (I want their recipe for their Cherry Balsamic chicken!) Everything was grilled on-site and served hot & tasted fresh and amazing! The food was a big hit with our guests. They were also really great to work with - very responsive & very friendly. I really can't say enough great things about them!

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

CK Catering is the caterer that works with The Veranda at the Whitcomb. I am so glad The Veranda has such an excellent caterer as their only option. They have many food options and everything we tasted was incredible. Our guests loved our food! And the employees with CK were all very helpful and professional.

Erin · Married on 10/16/2016

CK Catering was such a pleasure to work with. We planned our Michigan wedding all the way from Virginia and with Bob and Melissa's help we did a fantastic job in doing so. They went above and beyond throughout our year of communication and during our planned visits. The family style dining was enjoyed as much as the food itself. The menu was broad and full of tasty food as was the late night menu. Our guests loved the pulled pork late night snack just like Melissa said they would. All the servers were so friendly and had excellent skills. Thank you for your services at our wedding!

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/07/2016

We were able to customize the perfect menu to our own taste and the food was exactly as we hoped. Our guests raved that it was the best wedding food they ever had! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was picking CK!

Julie · Married on 09/23/2016

We picked Ck Catering from a list of vendors provided by our venue and couldn't have been happier with our choice. From the beginning, Ck Catering was in touch and let us know when decisions needed to be made. I dealt with Melissa who was so nice, responsive and professional. She always got back to meet immediately, even when I sent multiple emails, and answered all of my questions cheerfully. Melissa and her team set up the place settings at the venue and everything was perfect! CK Catering also sponsors tasting events every couple of months so you have a chance to taste the food and make decisions. We couldn't have been happier with the food. All of our guests raved about the quality and quantity of food provided. And the servers were wonderful and responsive to our guests.

Krista · Married on 09/10/2016

Delicious food! Very friendly! Very attentive, always made sure you had what you wanted (seconds, ect.)

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2016

All of their food is absolutely incredible, it was so hard to choose what to serve at our wedding! We were so happy with our choices and guests were raving about it all evening - and after!

Lynn · Married on 07/23/2016

We live in California and got married at the San Francisco City Hall in April. We then had two wedding receptions in our home towns over the summer. My husband and I chose CK to cater the party at my aunt's house, which is on the Lake Michigan bluff. They catered my sister's rehearsal dinner 3 years ago and we remembered the food being super tasty! They were great to work with and helped us plan everything from across the country. CK is organized and their food is delicious. I got a lot of compliments! My guests were really happy and so were my husband and me!

Linsey · Married on 06/24/2016

CK Catering was the best option we could have possibly gone with for our wedding this past weekend at The Blue Dress Barn. They have amazing food, service and preparation! If you get married on the West Side of the state, especially at Blue Dress Barn, CK is your best option! I spoke with many companies not as familiar with the venue or with outrageous prices. Melissa the coordinator for CK was helpful and accommodating having phone meetings with my husband and I after hours at home due to my work schedule. The food, set up and service was wonderful! Thank you for everything!

Julie · Married on 05/28/2016

CK Catering did an Amazing Job with my daughters destination wedding at the Blue Dress Barn in Benton Harbor Mi. Melissa Feldbruegge did a Fabulous job working with us on menu selections to fit our budget. She was so personnel and helpful in guiding us through the time line in making the food being served at the reception such a delight for all. Each of the chefs that played a role in the food preparation did an outstanding job, along with the service staff. Having Melissa there to direct it all was so Amazing. I would hands down recommend CK Catering for all your wedding menu needs. A fabulous company to work with in all aspects of catering. Thank you Melissa for helping make my daughters wedding such a special one. You Rock The Catering House !!! Julie B

• Dana

Dana · Married on 10/24/2015

CK Catering was wonderful to work with. From start to finish they were very responsive to e-mails and made the planning process much easier. On the day of our wedding the entire team was professionally dressed and did an excellent job moving around to all of the tables. All of the guests at our wedding were talking about the "non-traditional" wedding food! The food was so good! I would highly suggest attending one of their group tastings to help plan/organize your menu/ table linens.

Laura · Married on 09/26/2015

CK Catering was very pleasant to work with. Bob was very flexible in the menus he could offer us, in the times he could meet with us, and in his pricing of different requests. The company has a great system of collecting and organizing the details of an event, which revolves around Melissa I believe (or at least that was the case with us). Google Drive forms with fill-in-the-blanks for all of the information the caterer needed from us, along with scheduled calls to go over this information with Melissa, made it so that every little thing was thought of ahead of time, and enough ahead of time such that the bride & groom could have peace of mind weeks prior to the event and go into their wedding relaxed. We received many compliments from our guests on the food, which was an entree of pulled pork (among other things) served family style. CK Catering was actually the only company in the area that was not hesitant to accommodate our request for a less traditional menu of pulled pork, nacho bite appetizers, etc. The company was very good about taking on other small roles throughout the reception (Ie: relocating the guest book from the dance floor, or serving the cake pops), that are needed when there is no wedding planner involved.

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

Jason and I used CK Catering for our wedding at Millcreek barn this past holiday weekend. The staff was very friendly and the food is absolutely to die for!!! Our guest are still talking about how delicious everything was! My only regret is not picking up our left overs the next day. Hands down it was the best wedding food I've ever had! Thank you Robert, Melissa, and Mark for making our day so special.
    Mr.& Mrs. Brandt
    9.5.15

tori · Married on 09/05/2015

Mike & I chose CK to catering our wedding at the Blue Dress Barn this past labor day weekend. From the beginning CK has gone above & beyond, even preparing an entree they didn't offer per my husbands request! We tried them at one of their group tasting events they offer every few months. At these events you have the opportunity to sample all the food they offer, as well as a chance to meet some other local vendors (We found our harpist, bartender, and officiant here!). My husband & I are not picky eaters, so I brought my mom & sisters along as well. Once they gave the stamp of approval, I knew they'd be a crowd pleaser! I planned our wedding from almost 800 miles away, and I know if it wasn't for CK, I would've been much more stressed than I was. They covered every detail! We chose their full service option (highly encourage!) and so they took care of china, silverware, napkins, linens (for guests tables, as well as cocktail, gift, cake, coffee, and place card tables), coffee, water, cups, etc. When Melissa called a few weeks before the wedding, not only did we go over every detail regarding the full service option, but we also went over the seating chart, kids meals and where they were seated and their names (we had 27), as well as anyone with allergies or who were vegetarian. When the day arrived, the linens were all set up early so that our florist could set up our centerpieces and our tables could be decorated. When it came time for the reception, the staff stuck to the timeline Melissa & I created. They were so friendly and professional. My guests with severe food allergies had their meals prepared separately, careful to change utensils and gloves, and brought directly to the guests tables. They were thrilled that so much effort had been taken to ensure their safety. Mike & I received so many compliments from our guests on the service of the staff and how friendly everyone was! 2 weeks later and people are still raving about how delicious the food was!

Tasha · Married on 08/23/2015

We just used CK for our wedding, and it was fabulous!!! The food was AMAZING! The staff was super responsive and answered all of my questions promptly from day one. They were super easy to work with and had tons of options. The food at our tasting wasn't great, some of it was still cold, and it was realy hard to only chose three things to taste, but the customer service was excellent. We fell in love with the champagne chicken and the ribs. Due to our budget we chose to stick with one option and went with the champagne chicken. We do not regret that. We had the chicken, which was perfectly cooked and everyone LOVED, a macaroni and cheese bar, which was served in martini glasses with assorted toppings, a salad that we chose, rolls, and steamed veggies. Everything was perfect. The staff was outstanding, very sweet and kind, went over the top to make sure everything was perfect. We chose to have buffet style dining with the bamboo plates, it was perfect. They were very conscious of food allergies and we had a few vegans in the party. They made sure all of that was taken care of. I have a gluten allergy and they had my plate already ready for me when dinner started, and i appreciated that so much. All of our guests loved the food and loved the staff, we would use them again in a heartbeat. I loved the menu sign they made for us, and i think that my only complaint of the whole night was that they spelled the grooms name wrong on the sign. We didn't even notice until we saw pictures. Our guests are STILL talking about how good the food was and how much they loved the staff. Thank you so much CK for making our wedding so special!!!!! (We planned the entire wedding from out of state and that was not a problem for them or us!) ****EDIT I forgot to add that we did the late night snack and chose the walking tacos. They were SO GOOD. Our guests loved them and we are so glad we did it

Lainey · Married on 08/22/2015

My Guests are still raving about how awesome the food at our wedding was! And we didnt even place food on our top "have to be great" list. We had chicken picatta, tortellini, asparagus and potatoes (along with the apple crostini, meatballs, and veggie tray appetizers) and people just RAVED about how delicious it was! Highly recommend CK catering! And their tasting events were amazing as well! :)

Jaime · Married on 06/27/2015

CK Catering was fantastic! Everyone has continued to tell me how great the food was at my wedding! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful with everything. The food was outstanding and the price was amazing! They are extremely flexible and allowed us to return the coffee, water and lemonade stations back the next day so that we could keep them for the whole evening. They were very professional and thorough in the way the set up and conduct their catering services. We also rented our linens from them and our tables looked beautiful and exactly how I wanted them. I would recommend anyone needing catering for an event to go to one of their taste testings, trust me you won't be disappointed! My only problem with CK is that they have too many delicious items that it was very difficult to narrow it down for our menu!

Brooke · Married on 06/26/2015

It was a pleasure to work with CK catering throughout our wedding. All of the staff that we worked with were so helpful, highly professional, and very accommodating. They were prompt to respond to emails and answer questions, and made the planning process extremely easy. The food was AMAZING and the guests raved about it! CK was very organized and provided more than enough food for our wedding day. I still have guests from the wedding talking to me about the food weeks later! I would highly recommend using CK catering for your wedding catering!

Maegan · Married on 06/26/2015

We used CK for our rehearsal dinner and reception! They had so many options to choose from and everything was delicious! So many people complimented us on the food. We did buffet style and it was still so fresh and good! They are professional and I would choose them again in a heartbeat!