City Moose Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Lindsey
    Lindsey W. Married on 06/11/2021

Easiest Vendor to Work With!!

I cannot say enough amazing things about City Moose! From the get go, Stacy was so organized and SO communicative- I never had any questions or concerns about any part of the process. They were also AMAZINGLY helpful while we were dealing with postponing due to covid. Both Stacy and Jason are so attentive to their couples and making sure that every little detail is accounted for. And the food was AMAZING. We knew that we didn't want your typical plated wedding meal, but didn't know what else was possible. During our first meeting with Stacy and Jason, they asked what our favorite foods were. We said mac and cheese and tacos, and without hesitation, they said "we can do that". And it was the best decision ever! We ended up having a build your own taco bar and mac and cheese bar and it was SO good. We had multiple guests come up to us during the wedding and complimenting the food, saying how much they loved it, and that they even went up for seconds! Can't say enough good things, thank you so much!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words about our catering services. It feels like we've known each other for years now! We've been through a lot of twists and turns but your wedding was a beautiful success and we were thrilled to be a part of the occasion. Thank you for trusting us to execute the menu for you + your guests to enjoy. We are so glad you all enjoyed the not-so-typical wedding food and had a great time during your reception. All the best for many years to come. -Stacy, Jason and Team Moose
  • Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 05/21/2021

Amazing Food!

Stacy, Jason, and the team at City Moose were incredible to work with! Stacy is very professional, organized, and was easy to communicate with for our many questions as we navigated the wedding planning process! They helped us create a menu that was reflective our personalities and tastes and it all tasted incredible! Our guests are still raving about it weeks later. We also hired her team to help pack up our decorations at the end of the night which saved us a lot of stress to do it ourselves and they did an amazing job!!! We honestly are so glad that we chose City Moose and would definitely use them again for functions in the future!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Hi Ashley! Thank you so much for the review. We are go grateful to work with some wonderful clients but I must say that you and Cory were right at the top of the list of most awesome clients ever. From the moment we met you at your tasting your joyful personality was contagious. We couldn't help but want to execute your vision of a pub style menu for you and your guests to enjoy. All of your style, vendor choices and flexibility helped maintain an atmosphere of excitement and happiness surrounding the whole evening. It's hard to put into words how wonderful it feels to work a wedding that is so well executed by all the vendors and the DIY stuff by the client too. It was simply a pleasure to cater your wedding. Period. I know MCAG Photography took some outstanding photos for you but I have a couple shots I took from a caterers perspective that I will be sharing with you soon as well. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our services.We wish you nothing but joy and happiness in the future.
    -Team Moose
  • Robert
    Robert M. Married on 01/09/2021

Fantastic vegan food! And such a class act!

We are SO happy to have picked City Moose for our wedding rehearsal/reception catering! They were such a class act for the whole event! Catering staff were friendly and helpful. Stacy did an amazing job coordinating the event. And people could not stop raving about how good the vegan food was (even though most of the invitees were NOT vegan, they still commented about how good it was!). We will definitely be choosing City Moose for our catering if we ever have any parties/events in NH!

Robert,

Thank you for having City Moose be a part of your vegan wedding celebration weekend. It was a pleasure having your guests ask for the recipe for our dishes and even the Maple Lemonade!
    We appreciate your feedback on not only our food but our services from Stacy and the rest of the City Moose team as well. Thank you again for choosing City Moose to be there on your special day. We wish you and Katherine many years of health and happiness (with lots of singing) together!
    Bianca C. Married on 11/06/2020

You can't go wrong with City Moose Catering!

My husband and I got married on 11/6/2020. From the first time I spoke with Stacy over the phone I felt like we had been friends for years! We decided to due a buffet for our wedding. We told Stacy & Chef Jason what our favorite foods were and from there they helped us create a menu. Our friends and family are still talking about how AMAZING the food was at our wedding which was extremely important to me. On wedding day Stacy was 100% there for me from the moment she arrived to make sure my vision came to life. During our photos after the ceremony Stacy even brought app's out to my husband and I so we got to try everything. I cannot thank Stacy, Chef and their team for everything they did for us, they do it RIGHT! All members of the City Moose team were professional, kind and a great time! You truly cannot go wrong with City Moose Catering - they are simply THE BEST!

Bianca,
    Chef Jason and I were so happy to have met you and been able to be there for your special day! We knew right away that you were the perfect fit to work with City Moose and that our services would help create a wonderfully memorable day for you and Michael.
    Thank you for the lovely review. We were thrilled to have brought the the foods you desired to The Barn at Bull Meadow in Concord - those scallops, am I right?!
    Looking forward to seeing what the future brings for you and your family and hoping to see you in Pittsburg, NH with all the moose someday soon!
    Warmly, Stacy
    Lori A. Married on 10/10/2020

City Mouse Cafe did an amazing job with my daughters wedding. They were on top of all the details we might have forgotten.

Stacy, Chef Jason and the staff at City Moose Cafe were professional and friendly and excellent in their attention to details. The food was amazing. We had a Mac and cheese bar with pulled pork and BBQ chicken., a gorgeous field green salad with roasted butternut squash and green apples and homemade warm apple cider donuts for desert. The guests at my daughters wedding raved about the food and the presentation. I highly recommend City Moose Cafe to cater any event. They are awesome!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Hi Lori! Catering your daughter's wedding was a pleasure! We enjoyed being able to tie the autumn theme of the decor into the food for you and all your guests to enjoy. We are thrilled to hear how we received our service, food and presentation was by all who attended. Thank you for the glowing review of our services. We wish you and your family all the best! - Stacy, Chef Jason + Team Moose
  • Z
    Zoey A. Married on 10/10/2020

Great Service!

They were so accommodating and wonderful! Highly recommend!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, for leaving us the lovely feedback, Zoey! We hope you have a wonderful honeymoon and and many happy + healthy years ahead.
    -Stacy, Chef Jason + Team Moose
  • Amanda
    Amanda P. Married on 10/09/2020

Professional and exceptional taste

Stacy was such a pleasure to deal with while planning our backyard wedding. We had to cancel with our MA venue due to COVID restrictions very last minute. I remember the first time speaking with her on the phone and the amount of time she spent with me (at least 45 mins or so) which made it so easy to select them as our caterer! She knew all the right questions to ask and I found this super helpful since I was unfamiliar with planning my own wedding. Since having to switch gears and be responsible for all the planning, she made it extremely easy and such a smooth process! Also, can we talk about the food and tasting! Wow!!! Chef Jason's creations were to die for! I can honestly say I'm so glad I had to cancel with our original venue b/c the food at City Moose was WAY better! My guests loved it all! We also opted for donuts instead of cake, which I can't recommend enough. The Apple Cider donuts were so fluffy and delicious! I think one of friends had about 5. He loved them so much! Lol :) Their staff was extremely professional and very kind. You will not be disappointed working with Stacy, Chef Jason and their entire team for your event. I can't recommend them enough!
    Aislynn Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing experience

City Moose was by far the best vendor we could have chosen for our wedding day. Stacy was always there when we had questions or concerns. She went above and beyond to ensure our day went perfectly. The food was amazing and her staff was top notch. Thank you SO much to Stacy and her team for being so wonderful. Ya'll are the BEST!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you for having us cater your special day! We were honored to be a part of your beautiful autumn day - your friends and family were a blast and it was fun seeing who wanted to keep digging in on the appetizers during cocktail hour.
    You couldn't have had a more beautiful day for a more beautiful couple. Thank you again for choosing City Moose and for appreciating our efforts to assure you had the perfect day! We wish you many years of joyful laughter. - Stacy, Chef Jason + Team Moose
  • Megan
    Megan E. Married on 08/30/2020

Delicious and Kind!

I can't say enough good things about the City Moose team. My wedding was adjusted many times thanks to COVID -- moving from a 100 person brunch to a 14 person dinner. Stacy and Jason adapted with grace and kindness. We went "off menu" to create a dinner that included all of our favorite foods and they did an AMAZING job. The breadth of their skills was clear through delicious onion rings, the freshest salad I've ever had at at wedding, mac and cheese everyone raved about, chicken, potatoes, squash, asparagus, and then truly magical donuts and cookies. The staff was kind and professional, their COVID precautions were impressive and we felt very comfortable. If you book City Moose you won't regret it. My husband and I have said to each other a few times the last few days -- "the food was SO good!"

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, Meg, for the lovely review of our services. You were an absolute pleasure to work with and through all the changes it was never a burden once. It was a delight to see your close family enjoy your favorite food selections that Chef Jason prepared for you. Thank you for having City Moose be a part of your intimate + special day. I hope our paths cross again in the future. Warmly, Stacy, Chef Jason + The Moose Team
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 08/06/2020

Wonderful Experience!

City Moose Catering did a fantastic job at our backyard wedding. They were responsive and did a site visit to help bring the visual to life. They were very accommodating especially during the whole COVID-19 epidemic. Staff wore masks, provided hand sanitizing stations, and prepackaged all appetizers. I was worried the presentation wouldn't look as great as a food display, but i was honestly amazed at how wonderful it looked! Everyone absolutely loved the food! I would highly recommend working with Stacy and Chef!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you for the lovey review of our services! We couldn't have had a better experience catering your wedding. Your father set a wonderful tone with the welcome announcement regarding Covid and your special day was a thrill to be a part of! The florals from Lull Farm were stunning, your DJ/singer should be on the top 100 and all your guests were a delight! Thank you for having City Moose come and fill the bellies while you and your husband filled everyone's hearts with joy.
    Tara Married on 04/01/2020

Excellent!

The owners and staff are amazing and food is top notch.
  • Married on 10/19/2019

Sue Corby, mother of the groom

EXCELLENT! The staff from City Moose were gracious and friendly and very efficient! The food was top notch — plenty of it and delicious! And the decorations were fabulous! Will definitely consider them if I have a need!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Hello Sue! Thank you for the kind words about our catering service. We are thrilled that the food was top notch and that you enjoyed our services. Our staff was awesome and we couldn't have been happier with how Em & Clint's wedding celebration turned out. It was a magical day for sure!
    Lauren Married on 10/05/2019

All we could of asked for and more!

We hired City Moose to cater our wedding this past Saturday and we cannot be more thankful that they were our first and only choice! Upon meeting Chef Jason and owner Stacy we knew we had made the right decision. They were extremely professional and made the planning process a breeze. We had countless guests comment on how great all the food was which meant alot to us because food was a major priority! Not only was the food so tasty but everything was presented beautifully.
    The wait staff was fast, friendly and efficient. What more could you ask for. Cannot wait to stop in the cafe and visit as City Moose has stolen a piece of hearts forever. We love you guys!

Awe, thank you, Lauren!

It as a pleasure to be a part of such a beautiful day. Thank you so much for the glowing feedback on our catering services. We look forward to your visit to the café - can't wait to see your daughter walking!

Wishing you all the best,
    Stacy, Chef Jason & The City Moose Team
  • Q
    Quinn S. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing!!!

City moose is fabulous!! Highly recommend them to cater your next event. They are super nice and make delicious food. Not only is it good food, but they present it so nice as well!!
  • Deanna
    Deanna K. Married on 09/07/2019

Delicious food!

My husband and I got married on September 7th this year and booked City Moose Cafe & Catering very early in our wedding planning process. Stacy and her team were always available to answer questions and were prompt with their responses. I'm vegan, so it was really important to me to find a catering company with food that I could eat, and City Moose offers vegan (and gluten free) food! In addition, their food is all farm fresh, which was really important to us as well. Stacy was really great in helping us stay within our budget by offering alternatives, and that took away a lot of stress for us. Our menu was: lemon herb chicken, vegan roasted vegetable lasagna, garden vegetable rice pilaf, and roasted fingerling potatoes. The food was AMAZING and our guests could not stop talking about the vegan lasagna (in fact we're all still talking about it!), it was so well balanced, seasoned, and flavored. We were very happy with all the food and are thankful to City Moose Cafe & Catering for being a part of our special day; thanks!

Deanna,
    Thank you for the amazingly kind review. We appreciate your time in letting folks know about our customizable services and how the fresh, locally sourced food stood out at your wedding. Chef Jason was so pleased to hear about how well the Vegan Lasagna went over with everyone - it's one of our favorites to make!
    It was our pleasure working with you to come up with the menu and we are so happy you chose City Moose to be a part of your special day! Congrats on your marriage - we wish you many, many happy years ahead!! -Stacy (owner)
  • Amy
    Amy C. Married on 09/07/2019

City Moose is a must have for your next catered event!!

City Moose Catered our rehearsal dinner, wedding and next day brunch this past weekend and we could not be more impressed!!! From the moment we hired them, they have been helpful, respectful and would respond to any emails very quickly. We hired City Moose not certain what we wanted on our menu. Stacy and Chef took the time to get to know us and created the perfect menu for our special day. Our family and friends could not stop talking about how delicious everything was!!! The display was beautiful and they captured our vision perfectly.

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, Amy! We truly appreciate your time (for writing the review) and your compliments of City Moose Catering's service! We LOVED working with you and Tyler - the venue was perfect, the coordination wag great and your day was lovely. It was truly a pleasure to be a part of your wedding weekend. Thank you again for choosing City Moose - you guys are in for a long and happy life together! -Stacy & Chef Jason
  • Michelle
    Michelle B. Married on 08/31/2019

Phenomenal Caterers

Working with Jason and Stacy was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. We hired them to cater our wedding reception which was over 200 people as well as our rehearsal dinner and day after wedding brunch. The food quality was top notch using only the freshest ingredients and the presentation of everything was picture perfect. I would not hesitate to recommend their catering services to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, Michelle, for going back to your Nashua roots and choosing City Moose to cater your amazing wedding weekend! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend and enjoyed working with you and Bill. Congrats again and thank you!!
  • Nicole
    Nicole K. Married on 08/24/2019

Flawless in every way! City Moose Catering never disappoints!

My daughters wedding was a dream come true - looked and felt like something straight out of a fairytale book! Chef Jason, Stacy & the City Moose staff were amazing and far exceeded our expectations! Chef’s food was outstanding and amazing! The quality and quantity were spot on! Chef never disappoints! Stacys attention to detail and compassionate heart made everything perfect! From pre - wedding planning, last minute check point discussions & lots of reassurance , to gorgeous food presentation , replenishing, & clean up. All while maintaining all day , excellence in meeting the needs of our guests as well as the bridal party & family. Chef Jason, Stacy and their staff worked so well with our other vendors and together they made my daughters wedding experience everything thing that she and my son in law had hoped for! My daughters gorgeous wedding was outstanding and will forever be etched in my memory as such . A heartfelt thank to you City Moose Catering !
    From one over the moon mother of the bride!!
    Nicole Kasynak

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole, for the lovely review. We are so grateful to have been a part of Chelsea & Matt's wedding journey. The day was spectacular and we truly enjoyed working with you every step of the way. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you & your family.
  • Heather
    Heather G. Married on 08/09/2019

Amazing and Delicious!

I had the most amazing experience with Stacy and all the City Moose Crew. They went above and beyond. Stacy made sure I had enough to eat during dinner and even during pictures. The food was delicious and everyone kept talking about how good it was! I will be recommending to everyone!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Hi Heather! We are so glad to hear how well received our catering services were for your big day! You had such a fun group of friends and family and it was our pleasure to cater to you at NOAH'S in Bedford. Thank you again for putting your trust in City Moose - we wish you many many years of joy and happiness!
    -Stacy & Chef Jason
    Kathy L. Married on 06/29/2019

The Larson wedding

Awesome service and good food. Could not have asked for anything better. I would definitely recommend City Moose Catering to all my friends and family!!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! We were so happy to cater at your family’s backyard I Do BBQ! Thank you for having us be a part of celebration and we truly appreciate the opportunity to work with you. Thank you again for the lovely feedback of our catering service. All the best from Stacy, Chef Jason & the City Moose Team
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 06/08/2019

Truly amazing!

I cannot say enough about how amazing the food was! Our guests loved everything!!! City Moose was great from the start! We are so beyond happy that we chose to go with them and that they were available! Our passed hors d'oeuvres were so amazing! The grazing table was a huge hit and also the homemade chips! The salad with the strawberries and balsamzic glaze was to die for! The salmon, beef and pork was such a great spread with options for all. Chef Jason did an outstanding job! The whole crew were just great! One of the ladies even calmed me down before I had to walk down the isle...that meant sooo much!! Stacy coordinated the day for us and we are so happy she did!! It was the best decision we made! She kept everything on track in the best way! I highly recommend City Moose! Now I just need to plan another event so that we can have them again!!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you so much, Mrs. Digiovanni! So cool to be saying that now! We appreciate your feedback and noticing the little details :) . Your wedding day was truly one of the most beautiful events we have catered. We enjoyed working with every member of your family - you are all so down to earth and we couldn't have asked for a more fun group with great taste in food ;) . Looking forward to seeing your love grow & hope to see you soon! - Stacy, Chef Jason & the City Moose Crew
    Jaime Married on 05/18/2019

The food was exactly what we wanted!!

Jason and Stacy (along with their staff) at City Moose were amazing!! They worked with us for our wedding to make our unique vision become a reality! My only regret is not eating more food on my wedding day!!! They were so responsive while we worked on our menu and helped us through the entire planning process! And everyone complimented us on our food!! I would highly recommend them!!

City Moose Catering's reply:

We are SO pleased that you enjoyed our services! Thank you for the wonderful recommendation - your wedding was truly a lovely & intimate affair with so many unique touches! Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of your special day. We hope you stop by the café and get your fill of food again in the future (we know wedding days can be a whirlwind) and say hi. All the best to you and your charming family! Warmly, Stacy & Chef Jason
    Tracy Married on 09/29/2018

Calming, reassuring and rewarding.

City Moose Catering & Cafe catered over 100 people for our wedding last fall. They were more than helpful accommodating our many menu changes over the preceding months, and they had great advice to give about price and efficiency. We enjoyed collaborating with them and found them to be friendly and calming. If I had to do the whole wedding over again, I would definitely stick with our choice to use City Moose. I know it has been awhile but thank you again!

City Moose Catering's reply:

Tracy! Thank you for the lovely review of City Moose's wedding catering! We very much appreciate it. Your wedding was one of the most fun menus and was at one of the most scenic venues last year. We absolutely enjoyed catering for you and your guests and wish you many many years of happiness! -Stacy (owner)
    Emily Married on 09/29/2018

I’ll try to explain how amazing they were...

We met with Stacy & Jason for our first catering tasting (out of a whole list of restaurants) & ended up booking with them before we walked out, cancelling the rest of our trials and we could not have been more correct with this decision.

They used my love of food trucks to design a custom menu (self-serve food stations featuring: nachos, tacos, ramen & slider “bars”) as well as serving mini crab cakes & lobster rolls (CHUNKS of lobster meat & claw) with a beautiful, bountiful “grazing” table (tons of cheese, fruit, veggies, hummus, house-made potato chips & dip)...all of this being entirely fun, casual & modern but decorated & set up so classy & beautiful to fit in with my “rustic elegant” barn theme. Our favors/place settings for guests were individually wrapped caramel apples tied with little ribbons and people were going nuts at how cool of an idea it was (also Stacy & Jason’s idea!)

The food was incredible. There were NO leftovers from dinner & only a small amount of apps left over because we over-ordered on purpose for a nice midnight snack ;] There were extra apples & I took most of them & plan on eating one a day for the next few days. All of our guests were blown away, had fun, complimented the food and Stacy, Jason & their staff’s professionalism & hospitality. They even helped store & serve the dessert from the bakery I run (not their own product but they understood how important this element was to me).

Stacy is incredibly responsive with all emails/the business end of things & to ICE THE CAKE, she offered us a decorating service as well! (AMAZING for me, who is aesthetically challenged). I was SPEECHLESS when I walked into our barn and saw the tables decorated with eucalyptus leaves, pumpkins, gourds, floating candles and an absolutely gorgeous sweetheart table.

I’m still reliving the memories from yesterday and Stacy & Jason were a HUGE part of one of the most important days of my life & I could not have asked for a better caterer & decorator. I wish I could give them 100 stars instead of 5.

They are worth every penny, do it, do it, do it. It was PERFECT.

City Moose Catering's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for the most thoughtful review. We LOVE how you noticed all the details and hard work we put into your event. We are even happier about how well received our services were by you, your family and guests! This was one of the most memorable wedding celebrations we have catered and for us - an event we will always remember! Thank you again for choosing City Moose & for trusting us with such an important task. You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with- we couldn't have asked for better clients! Enjoy your new adventures down south - we wish you so much joy & happiness!!
    -Stacy & Chef Jason