Circle D Farm Reviews

85 | Woodbine, MD

85 Reviews for Circle D Farm

Beth · Married on 10/13/2012

Having a wedding at Circle D means you will have a built-in wedding planner, caterer, and support system. The staff was superb, friendly, and made our time go SO smoothly! The coordinator worked with all of my requests and made really wonderful suggestions when I got stuck (you can tell she has done this MANY times). She even took the time to look up the sunset time so we could perfectly time our ceremony with it! It was a wonderful experience and I recommend this venue without hesitation!

Sent on 10/26/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2012

Circle D Farm and especially Kate Dowd was fantastic. They were all extremely helpful in organizing what turned out to be the best day ever.

Sent on 10/30/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2011

Circle D farm was a beautiful venue that offered everything that I wanted. It is located about 10 minutes away from my house making it the perfect country setting yet also convenient for most of my family. There is an outside grove for the ceremony and an inside banquet hall for the reception. Even though the weather was nice outside for my evening wedding, I liked having the reception inside because there was more flexibility in the case of rain. However the banquet room did have a balcony allowing guests to get fresh air if they wanted. The room is very plain with high ceilings and can be decorated however you wanted. I chose to keep the decorations simple due to budget limitations and my focus on the tables instead. It turned out great! The room is very large and could accommodate my 180+ guests comfortably. The event coordinator at Circle D, Kate Dowd, is so friendly and easy to work with. She really wants you to have the wedding of your dreams and do whatever you want. There are some rules that you have to follow but she was incredibly accommodating and has had lots of experience with weddings. She even showed us pictures from other weddings to get decorating ideas. She was easily available if I ever had questions and I could often go over to Circle D if I needed. The only downside to this venue is that Circle D must provide the catering which can be pretty expensive. However, even then Kate was willing to work with our budget to find out which menu worked best. Circle D took a lot of stress off of me to do any set up and take down other than decorations so I really could just enjoy the day!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Mark · Married on 09/25/2010

Circle D Farm was the perfect choice for us. It was elegant and laid back all at the same time. We had the freedom to decorate how we wanted and the peace of mind to know we were taken care of!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Katherine · Married on 10/27/2007

I only ever worked with Kate Dowd at Circle D Farm. She was wonderful. She was very patient and helpful through the whole wedding process. She was willing to meet with me several times in order to get all the details figured out. She was willing to give her opinion when I asked for it. She provided a list of other vendors as I needed them. They have several decorations that have been left behind by other brides that they recycle and let you use if you would like them. Her and her staff helped set things up for both our ceremony and reception, but all decorating had to be completed by us. The food was just ok, nothing that special about it, but she personally served my husband and I. The one thing I didn't like was after the wedding was over the staff wanted to clean up as fast as possible to get home. We had everything in plastic tubs and were very organized when we came in. They literally put all of our things on carts and took it down stairs to the service entrance where it was dark and hard to go through things, making it very difficult to pack the cars back the way they were. The price and the beautiful location plus Kate's help far outweigh the few negative aspects.

Sent on 02/13/2008

I really enjoyed working with Circle D Farm. They were always willing to meet with me in order to talk about the wedding, and offered great tips. They also let you use decorations that brides have left. I left a lot of decorations as well. The food was great, and the servers were very nice. My only complaint - they completely tear down your wedding as soon as the clock strikes 11:00 p.m. kind of a bummer.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Lydia · Married on 09/08/2007

They were really wonderful - very professional, timely, did what they said they would do and provided what they said they would provide. No nickel and dimeing, no surprises. Beautiful outdoor venue too!

Sent on 07/12/2008

Rebecca Pauly · Married on 09/21/2019

3.8

Wedding at Circle D

Kate and the staff did a great job making sure everything was set up and ran smoothly for our wedding. She also made the wedding planning process so much easier. Would definitely recommend for a good value venue.

Sent on 11/01/2019

We had a great day!

Sent on 10/23/2007

2.5
      2.5

My husband and I, recently got married at Circle D. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! The food was great. The day went smoothly. However, the ball was dropped on a lot. If I did not have my own day of coordinator, I'm not sure my weddding would have been so great. I felt the venue tried to get over on a lot of things. Their contract is very vague. Therefore, things we were told or understood from the beginning were quickly changed at the last minute when it was too late to get out of anything. My advice is, if your going to use this venue, get major things in writing so it cannot be changed. Also maybe have a outside coordinator because the onsite coordinator served our food and was barely present. The venue is a great price, great view, great food. However, the logistics that my guest couldn't see really changed my feelings of this venue. Luckily my wedding was still awesome and everyone had a blast!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Circle D Farm's reply:

I thank you for taking the time to review Circle D Farm. Without input, I would not know if I need to make any improvements. I appreciate you making the suggestions that more details should be made in writing. I will work on these changes for future couples. I realize it might seem like I was not present on your wedding day, but I stay behind the scenes so you can enjoy your wedding. I am glad that everyone had a great time and things were wonderful. In the end, my staff and I work hard to make sure every couple enjoys their wedding day with their friends and family.