CinemaCake Filmmakers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Taylor
    Taylor L. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Literal Geniuses: CinemaCake you are THE BEST!

I cannot speak highly enough of everyone involved with CinemaCake. They are some of the kindest, most professional, and most talented individuals I have ever met. Dave and Sheryl were so wonderful to work with during the planning process and through two date postponements spanning over two years due to covid. The wedding day went by so quickly and I can honestly say that I have watched our trailer over 50x just reliving the day in an effort to try and remember everything that happened. It brings such happiness to my entire family every single time we press play.

I will continue to recommend CinemaCake both personally and professionally for years to come, there is simply no one more talented. CinemaCake was the only vendor we worked with during the entire wedding process that never once made us sweat, worry or question whether everything was going to turn out perfect that they were involved in. We're so so incredibly grateful that we had the chance to work with you for our special day!

Do not hesitate for one second...book CinemaCake for your wedding or special life event. You will be so incredibly grateful that you did- trust me!!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 04/30/2022

Married 4-30-2022 -

Do yourself a favor and book cinemacake RIGHT AWAY! Sheryl and Dave were incredible to work with. They made the prep process stress free and were so accommodating. They are incredibly responsive and so thoughtful with reminders/updates (which we was SO thankful for in the midst of planning the wedding). Their day of crew were fun, professional, friendly and managed to capture the most special moments of our day in such a subtle/non invasive way. Best decision we made as to book cinemacake!!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you, Mary! This means a lot to us and the rest of the team. It's clients like you who make it all worthwhile!
    Lindsey Z. Married on 01/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Memories that really do last a lifetime

Working with CinemaCake was a dream come true. Our wedding day went by in a flash and we are so thankful that we had CinemaCake to document every moment of it. Our videos are something we will always cherish, and while photos are wonderful, the video is really makes the day come alive when looking back on it. We wanted to get married in October 2021, but because CinemaCake's soonest available date was in 2022, we waited! CinemaCake was the one vendor we knew we couldn't have a wedding without. The amount of work and thought that goes into their videos is simply unparalleled. Before our wedding, we had CinemaCake put together a ""Love Story" - a video showcasing how we met and how our relationship progressed - and were thrilled that we did. It set the perfect stage for our ceremony and we got feedback all night long about how special and unique it was. During the morning of the wedding working with CinemaCake's team was a dream. They drove out to our venue early during a snowstorm to make sure we got the perfect drone footage, and even delivered our flowers because the florist was too afraid to drive down the narrow road in the heavy snow. During the wedding, we hardly noticed the team. Even though there were three videographers, they blended in with the crowd and even watching our video we were amazed by some of the shots we didn't even realize were captured. Our coming soon trailer was ready in less than a week! We were so impressed (as were all of our friends!) by the quality and by the feeling that just 3 minutes could deliver. We just got our video last night and could never have imagined how wonderful it would turn out. We are so thankful to the CinemaCake team. The process was incredible every step of the way, and our videos and bonus features are indicative of the effort and care that goes into every CinemaCake video.

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Lindsey! As I wrote on you review on The Knot, the feeling in mutual. Remembering days like yours just puts a smile on our faces! Incredible!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Lauren
    Lauren F. Married on 11/13/2021

Cinemacake - The best videographer in Philly

Cinemacake was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding! From the planning process to the actual day itself they were unbelievable. We were blown away by our video, and we are so grateful we chose them for our day. You cannot go wrong with picking Cinemacake as your videographer!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

You made our day! Thank you Lauren. The Trailer: https://www.cinemacake.com/lauren-patrick-trailer
    Angelina S. Married on 10/23/2021

Out of this World

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Sheryl, Dave, and their entire team. We were blown away when we watched our trailer. And of course, I cried because it was so much better than we could have imagined. We were so impressed and happy with the teaser there aren’t enough words to describe how perfect it is. I can’t help but watch it over and over.

The CinemaCake team truly captured the magic of our special day and we can’t wait to see what comes next with the final video. We have loved every minute of working with them and are beyond grateful that we could partner with the CinemaCake team. Their professionalism and kindness is unmatched. They made the entire process seamless and enjoyable. We always felt supported and taken care of. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!!!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

YES!!! Thank you Angelina - it was a wonderful day!
    I've passed your review onto our team - they LOVE this. Thanks again!
    Dave and Sheryl
  • Dc
    Diane Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We love CinemaCake!! The final video is so beautiful and smartly put together. They managed to capture a whole day into 15 minutes, our video had everyone crying! Thank you so much for capturing the most special day of our lives for us!

• Carolyn
    Carolyn K. Married on 08/14/2021

Next level production!!

The best filmmakers!! I normally cringe at wedding videos, but I knew I had to have cinemacake for my event since it was so well done- I would laugh and cry just watching their videos. When my philly wedding was canceled and I moved my wedding across the country to Utah, I did not want to let go of CinemaCake and Im so glad I did not. They worked with me so that I did not lose my deposit and instead went out to Utah and did the best job producing my wedding video. It really captured the entire weekend so well. DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words, Carolyn. We are so honored you stuck with us. Dave and Sheryl
  • Joshua
    Joshua H. Married on 07/08/2021

Fantastic Experience - Extremely Professional

Wonderful experience - extremely professional. Our videographers were outstanding and so easy to work with. Very professional in interactions with other vendors (particularly photographers). Put bride & groom at ease and we barely noticed they were there throughout ceremony and reception. Great people. Could not be more pleased. Video trailer is fantastic.

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you, Joshua. It's families like yours who make it all worthwhile! We all really appreciate this!
  • Debbie
    Debbie Married on 07/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A treasure for years to come

We absolutely loved working with Cinemacake and having them involved in our wedding. Dave and Sheryl are wonderful people and they made the entire process enjoyable from start to finish. The quality of their work is top notch and they are true professionals. The final product is beautiful and captures the wedding day perfectly. We’ve watched it countless times already and will continue to do so for years to come. If you’re thinking of hiring them- do it!! It’s one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. And to the CinemaCake team- we can’t thank you enough!!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you, Debbie! That was wonderful. It's clients like you that continue to put big smiles on our faces.
  • Quinn
    Quinn R. Married on 06/26/2021

Professional from Start to Finish

We absolutely loved working with Sheryl and Dave! They are professionals from start to finish and really help put you at ease day of. They do such a good job making sure all the big parts of the day are captured without feeling the pressure of having a camera crew with you all day. We can not recommend them more to people who ask (already told my coworker about CC and she is using them)! The finished product of the film exceeded our expectations and it was so great to relive the day all over again:) We will cherish this video in years to come. Having the Cinema Cake team part of our big day was one of the best decisions we made. Thank you!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Quinn - WOW - thank you! We are honored to have been chosen for your wedding and your sister's wedding! It's families like yours that make it all worthwhile. The team will love this. Dave and Sheryl
  • Mary
    Mary R. Married on 06/11/2021

Picture Perfect!

Cinemacake was absolutely amazing to work with. They were so friendly and helped make our wedding day enjoyable and fun. They captured moments throughout the day that we did not even remember, and for that, we are so grateful. It is incredible to see the creativity and passion come out from the Cinemacake team members. We are so pleased with our choice to use Cinemacake to capture the most magical day of our lives.

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Mary Rose! OMG thank you so much for this feedback. I'm sharing this with the team. You are awesome!
    Leila Married on 03/30/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    EVERYONE NEEDS TO HAVE THEIR WEDDING CAPTURED ON FILM! We had the most amazing time at our wedding weekend in New Orleans! Dave + team were fabulous and truly captured the essence of the weekend and our favorite moments. Pictures are amazing but film is the only way to truly capture these precious moments in time to remember forever. The celebration all goes by so fast and being able to hear your vows and Maid of Honor's toast again and see yourself dancing with your dad is priceless. This is such an important celebration in your life and you put so much time, energy and money into it and you want to be able to relive it forever. We were so fortunate to have had Cinemacake as part of our big day and we are so glad we made it happen. They are the BEST!!!!
  • Hilary
    Hilary M. Married on 09/19/2020

Incredible

We initially weren't sure about having a videographer for our small, 8 person wedding but after we met with the Cinema Cake team and saw their prior work, we were sold. The "Short Cake" is incredible and somehow they managed to capture the day and us so perfectly. I would recommend them a thousand times over. Thank you again, Cinema Cake!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Oh Hilary - we loved your wedding day. I'm passing your comments onto the whole team. Thank you so much for this review! - Dave & Sheryl
  • Ariana
    Ariana Married on 07/30/2020

CinemaCake comes to Corona Bride's Emergency 1 week before Wedding

A week before my wedding, my original video vendor cancelled on me given the COVID-19 pandemic. It was full panic mode and CinemaCake was one of the vendors recommended from friends + family. Within 24 hours, I was able to interview and hire CinemaCake. Working in the creative industry, it is easy for me to identify quality creatives and I knew I was making the right choice with Dave & his team. They were so responsive and willing to travel 3 hours to my wedding to capture our greatest memory. On the wedding day, I kept saying "where are my videographers?" As great professionals, they knew how to remain out of the scene and capture our moments without interfering with our day. I love our Coming Soon trailer and cannot wait to see the full video! If you are debating reaching out this vendor, have an interview and I promise they'll have options for your needs, you will not regret hiring CinemaCake. Thank you to the full team for turning around my disaster!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

So happy we could be there for you! Thank YOU Arianna. With all that was thrown at you that day, it was just one of the most beautiful films because of beautiful people. Your family was a BLAST! The team LOVED your note, by the way. Thanks again. :-)
  • Kate
    Kate G. Married on 04/25/2020

Truly a talented team

Greg and I have no regrets with hiring CinemaCake to capture our wedding day. During the midst of a pandemic, we had to not only rearrange our wedding plans once, but twice, and CinemaCake was flexible each step of the way. They were easy to work with from beginning to end. I can rewatch our video over and over again still with tears in my eyes each time. Thank you CinemaCake for allowing us to relive our perfect day for years to come!!!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Oh Kate - you just made our day! You were wonderful clients and it was a pleasure to shoot your wedding. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
    Grace Married on 04/10/2020

LOVE our wedding video

Working with CinemaCake was an amazing experience! They were professional, kind, friendly, and helped us feel relaxed & comfortable from the start. The staff on the day of our wedding were all wonderful and captured our favorite moments and more. We couldn't have asked for a better way to preserve our special day forever! And after seeing how many times our parents re-watch our video, I'd say it's definitely worth it too. We would highly recommend them to any engaged couples!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Grace you are so sweet for writing this! This makes us so happy! THANK YOU! Everyone at your wedding was so happy and it showed. Great job!
    Nicole Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful Experience

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Cinema Cake. The team was incredible. They captured every moment you could think of and then more without you even realizing it. The videographers were professional and creative. Our final video captures all of the wonderful memories we made and is a treasure that we can look back on. They truly care about their work and their clients which made our experience great!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Nicole, this was so sweet of you. Thank you for this thoughtful review. I thoroughly enjoyed your film as well. Especially now, stories like yours that make people smile are so important. Thanks for letting us tell your story. Dave and Sheryl
  • Lori
    Lori M. Married on 10/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly storytellers of the highest caliber

Dear Dave, Sheryl, our Videographers and the most amazing staff of CinemaCakes. OH MY FRIGGIN' WORD. You are amazing at what you do. Truly storytellers of the highest caliber. I was on the fence about having a videographer at my daughter’s wedding (first of four to get married – I was a newbie in this arena). A co-worker married a month before my daughter and the number one item on her wedding list was a videographer. I get it now. I’m glad I finally listened to her reasons. Three weeks before Kate’s wedding, I found CinemaCakes who were booked already and yet were able to put together a last minute crew in a very limited time frame. And it included a drone! What an amazing crew it was. They were discreet. They were professional. They were fun to have around! I am blown away by the final product. The video is truly magical. What a treasure to have forever and ever as a reminder of a magnificent day. CinemaCakes gets my highest recommendations. Thank you for your genuine appreciation of your art and for sharing your gift with us.

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Oh Lori - you just gave us all the biggest smiles. This really made everyone's day. THANK YOU! Dave and Sheryl
    Tyler P. Married on 10/05/2019

#1 Wedding Videographer!

My husband and I selected CinemaCake to film our wedding because we heard from everyone that they were the best in the business. Our experience working with the entire team (especially owners Dave and Sheryl) went beyond confirming just that. The entire experience, from our first meeting with Dave and Sheryl, to the day we watched our feature film with them, we could feel the love they have for their couples and we had so much fun with them. They take the time to get to know you, the details of your day and offer you so many exciting ideas and features unique to each couple. They make you feel special and like you are their only client. With CinemaCake they do more than document the events, they capture and tell your love story in a beautiful breathtaking cinematic way that will make you, your family, and your friends smile, cry, laugh and relive that magical day over and over again. Selecting CinemaCake was probably one of the most important decisions we made during the planning process of our wedding and the films they produced for us are and will always be some of our most cherished possessions. If you don’t believe us, just watch any of our films and we are 100% sure you will agree – they really speak for themselves. We cannot thank Dave, Sheryl, and the team more! -Jeff & Tyler

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you so much Tyler and Jeff for your kind and loving words. Our experience working with the two of you was equally incredible and we are grateful to have you guys in our lives.
    Marisa B. Married on 08/31/2019

Skytop Lodge 8/31/19 Wedding

Cinemacake was an absolute dream to work with. Completely unobtrusive and still caught every moment of our special day. Our video was unique to us, not just another run-of-the-mill wedding video. They were professional, lighthearted, and exceeded all our expectations. I cannot recommend them enough!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Again - thanks for that wonderful review. The trailer brings back all the feels. We can't wait to show you the full collection! https://mediazilla.com/epxft3gX7
    Austin M. Married on 08/06/2019

Thank you!!

Dave & Sheryl,

The film is phenomenal! We've finally gotten a chance to view it with both of our families and everybody absolutely loved it! We are so thankful to have our and our family's voices captured and that we will be able to relive this day for years to come. Not to mention - there's proof that I got (at least half of) the ring exchange correct, ha!

Many thanks to you and your incredible team at CinemaCake!

Austin & Dave

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

LOVE you two! Thanks again for these kind words. The ring exchange was very entertaining! I sent your comments to the entire team.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 07/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You must hire cinema cake!

There are no words to describe the amazing experience you will have with Sheryl, Dave, and their team for your video from start to finish. Sheryl is the most personable and caring person from the moment you speak with her. Cinema Cake was the first vendor I KNEW we had to book because the talent was undoubtedly unbelievable, but the customer service and attention to detail was out of this world. Throughout our wedding day, they were so kind and fun, making everything so unbelievably natural. We are IN LOVE with our coming soon trailer and can't wait for the final product. Do yourself a favor and make CINEMA CAKE part of your wedding team. You will NOT regret it!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

WOW!!!! Oh my gosh, Elizabeth. Thank you so so so much! I just shared this with the entire team! It's clients like you who make it all worthwhile!
    Rachel Married on 05/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best in the business- by FAR

My husband and I got married this past May- Dave, Sheryl, and their team were nothing but amazing. From the very first moment my mom and I laid eyes on their website and looked at videos, the choice was obvious. We wanted CinemaCake- and ONLY CinemaCake. They have a flawless ability to pick the most meaningful moments of the day, and tie it all together in a way that leaves you smiles (and crying!) every single time you watch your video...they just get it. Their work is classic, thoughtful, and perfect- true professionals who are the very best in the business at what they do. Communication with them is seamless and easy. Don't waste time talking to any other videographers- they are IT!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Oh my, Rachel - that just gave us all the warm and fuzzies! THANK YOU!

WE LOVE YOUR FILM TOO!
    Katie Married on 05/04/2019

Simply the Best

At the beginning stages of planning my wedding, our wedding coordinator recommended Cinemacake because they had worked with them multiple times and always had great results. When I looked into hiring them, I realized that they had done wedding videos for some of my friends and they were so beautiful that I cried at every. single. one. Cinemacake seems to add a little something that no one else has to make their videos the best. Dave and Sheryl are so funny, nice, and professional and are an absolute pleasure to work with. We received our coming soon trailer very shortly after our wedding, and we watched it over and over again. It was such a gift that Dave and Sheryl could let us relive our special day so soon after the wedding. We recently received our full film, and it is as perfect as expected. After viewing the film, my dad wanted a full length version of the father-daughter dance (which we had not specified originally) and Dave and Sheryl were so kind and added all dances to our package after we received our final product. Thank you so much Cinemacake for everything you did for us, and if you are looking for the best videographer for your wedding, look no further than Cinemacake!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

Thank you Katie! You and your families were so amazing to work with and we appreciate the kind words! We hope you enjoy your film for years to come!
    Stephanie Married on 02/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best in the Business!

Our friends, family, and other wedding vendors kept telling us that CinemaCake was the best - we had no idea how right they would all be! Quite simply, Dave and Sheryl are the best in the business! We were floored by their quality, amazed at their experience, and excited by their passion!

From our initial meeting, we had an instant connection with the power team that is Dave and Sheryl. They showed us some of their amazing work in their office theater (where we laughed and cried at some of the best wedding video highlights we've ever seen), and helped us brainstorm what our videos would be (we strongly recommend creating a "Love Story" video for your wedding, it was one of the highlights of our weekend and stunned all our guests with how great the video turned out!).

As proof of CinemaCake's commitment to creating the best wedding video possible, Dave and his colleague Cole spent the day with us in New York City in order to film our love story and get to know us better. It was easily one of the best days of our engagement as we took them through our favorite neighborhoods. We felt like celebrities the entire day! Special shout out to our CinemaCake editor Matt who turned the footage into an incredible work of art and something we're ecstatic to be able to keep forever.

During the wedding our video shooters seamlessly blended into the scenery, capturing all of the best moments without interfering or being too obvious throughout the night's events. It's true what everyone says - your wedding weekend goes by incredibly fast which is why we're even more thrilled to have worked with CinemaCake knowing we'll have footage of our special weekend that will last us a lifetime.

CinemaCake also works incredibly fast - our video trailer was released the week after our wedding - we called our parents from our honeymoon to gush about the trailer - that's how stunned we were at the quality!

In addition to being talented professionals, Dave, Sheryl and all of CinemaCake’s staff are incredibly nice people. They captured the essence of our day and us as a couple. They are, as everyone confirmed to us, the best and we’re honored to give them our highest recommendation!

CinemaCake Filmmakers's reply:

We loved every minute of working with you and your family, Stephanie. I am sharing this email with my team. This means the world to us! Thank you! Dave and Sheryl
illustration stars