Cindy's Cakery, LLC Reviews

218 | Hayes, VA

218 Reviews for Cindy's Cakery, LLC

Lisa Dulaney · Getting married on 04/06/2022

Cake Tasted Great

I would definitely recommend Cindy's Cakery. Our florist forgot to leave flowers for Cindy to add the final decorative touch to our wedding cake. Cindy managed to make our cake beautiful in a pinch...plus the cake tasted wonderful!!

Sent on 07/01/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Lisa for your lovely words! It was a pleasure to make your wedding cake and I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed it. I was also very happy to dash out to get the flowers. Things sometimes unavoidably come up and I am fully committed to making my couples' day the very best! Wishing you and Darrin every happiness together!
  • Ally

Ally Morgan · Getting married on 06/26/2021

AMAZING Gluten Free Wedding Cake!!

Cindy was professional and very easy to work with. Her cakes are amazing! We did a tasting and had a very hard time choosing because they were all fantastic. Gluten free wedding cakes that are tasty and affordable are hard to find, but Cindy did it. We have many individuals with Celiac Disease in our families but even our guests with normal diets were astounded at how good the cake tasted. They were even more surprised when they found out it was gluten free! I highly recommend Cindy!

Sent on 08/17/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Ally for your sweet words! I'm so glad to hear you and your guests loved the cake! You were a joy to work with and I wish you and Daniel every happiness!
  • Julie

Julie Davis · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Excellent service

Cindy's Cakery made a wedding cake for us that was exactly what our daughter wanted. The cake was beautiful and delicious! Everyone at the reception commented how good it was and several asked who had done it. Cindy proved her professionalism by being on time and setting up the cake and decorating it with florist provided flowers. She was lovely to work with, did everything she could to meet our requests, and her price was less than expected. I highly recommend Cindy's Cakery and should I ever need another cake, I will call on her first.

Sent on 09/16/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Julie for your sweet words! It was an honor and joy to work with Sydney & TJ and I'm so glad to hear everyone enjoyed the cake! I look forward to baking for you again and I wish the happy newlyweds a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Emma

Emma Manzi · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Cake of Dreams

If you are in the Richmond/HR area, Cindy is your baker. Our original baker was unable to complete our vision, and I was traveling for work abroad. My amazing wedding planner team pivoted to Cindy - we did not even do a tasting. It was the perfect cake. She executed each layer perfectly. I could look at photos of it all day! Do yourself a favor, and book her ASAP for your wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Emma so much for your amazing review! It was absolutely a pleasure and an honor to make your wedding cake and I'm so delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed it. Wishing you and Kevin every happiness together!

Alex Lagerstrom · Married on 08/21/2020

Perfect in taste and appearance

Cindy did such a wonderful job with the cake! Everyone at our wedding were very satisfied with the taste and impressed with the appearance of the cake!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Alex for your great review! It was an honor and joy to bake your wedding cake and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Cynthia

Cynthia Ball · Married on 01/04/2020

Lovely and delicious

Cindy made a beautiful wedding cake for us. It was exactly as discussed during our planning session. The cake was delicious.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Cynthia for your great review! I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. It was lovely working with you and I wish you and Greg every happiness together!

Ericka Williams · Married on 11/09/2019

Such a Gem!

Cindy was one of the easiest vendors I have ever worked with. She was kind, professional, and very accommodating. The cake and cupcakes she provided for our wedding were delicious and she was an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Ericka for your sweet review! I loved working with you and Robert and I'm very delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cakes. Wishing you both every happiness in your new life together!

Ashleigh · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake

Our Wedding cake was amazing . The cake was moist and delicious . She even arranged flowers from my florist on my cake and it looked amazing! Cindy is great to work with and was amazing !

Sent on 10/20/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Ashleigh for your sweet words! I'm delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. You were a joy to work with and I wish you and Albert every happiness together!
  • Nicole

Nicole Snyder · Married on 10/14/2019

Best cake ever!!

Our experience with Cindy was fantastic!!! Right from our initial emails, to our cake tasting, and our wedding cake vision brought to life perfectly on our wedding day!! Thank you so much Cindy you were the very best and we highly recommend Cindy's Cakery!!! Amazing! :D

Sent on 10/18/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Nicole so much for your sweet words! I am very glad to hear you were so happy with your cake. It was lovely working with you and I wish you both every happiness together!

Robin Wagher · Married on 10/12/2019

Incredible Cake and Service

Cindy was incredible, from start to finish. When we first met she talked through our style and had a ton of examples all from experience, not just a book of styles. Then when it came closer to the day, my wife added a groom's cake to our list and Cindy was very upfront on not overbooking herself, but was amazing and fit it in. Game day, I watched her set the table, even to the point of leveling it, adding fresh flowers and not leaving it unattended while we were performing the ceremony. We cannot wait to go back 1 year later for our anniversary cake. The cake was so good!
    Some cakes I have had are dry and crumbly but Cindy's cake was moist and had a great flavor! Cindy is highly recommended and was fantastic to work with. Very responsive, just what we needed for our big day. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review and recommendation! I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoyed working with me and also eating your cake! I absolutely considered it a pleasure and an honor and I wish you both every happiness!

Brianna · Married on 10/05/2019

Succulent Success!!

It was a breeze working with Cindy! She made our wedding cake dream come true! Not only was it SO DELICIOUS, it looked exactly how we had planned!! We probably weren't the easiest couple to work with since I work night shifts and I don't always respond to emails or phone calls as quickly as most. She was always so understanding and kind. We were welcomed into her home to have our cake tasting and we knew that day we found the right baker! We did not look elsewhere after meeting with Cindy. I highly recommend her for any occasion!!! Our wedding guests loved the cake. Sadly, there wasn't any left for seconds. It was just too good :)

Thanks again Cindy! We CANNOT WAIT to taste your AMAZING cake again next year for our freshly made anniversary cake!

-Mr. & Mrs.Dehm

Sent on 10/27/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Bri for the photos and your sweet review! I loved working with you and helping to bring your vision to life. Everything you made for your reception decor looked amazing on the beach at The Tides Inn. It's so wonderful to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. I wish you and John every happiness together!
  • Sara

Sara Eltaki · Married on 09/28/2019

Hands down the best wedding cake!

Wow...where to begin! I want to start by saying that I was not a local bride, but hailing from Florida. So finding local vendors was a little bit tricky! Cindy came highly recommended by my caterer, and oh my goodness...I'm so happy! From the beginning, Cindy was incredibly easy to communicate and work with. We took a trip up and scheduled our tasting with Cindy....and all I have to say is WOW. You literally cannot go wrong with any cake flavor she has to offer! The best is that we had a vision in mind of the cake and Cindy executed it perfectly!

Did I mention the cake was incredible? All of the guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was! The other thing I want to make sure I mention is that we have a few family members who have celiac disease and we needed to get a gluten free cake for them...Cindy made the most amazing separate gluten free cake and didn't make those family members feel excluded from the festivities!

I can't wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake! Thank you SO MUCH Cindy for making our special day even more special!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Trista

Trista · Married on 09/23/2019

The cake was beautiful and delicious.

Cindy was wonderful to work with. The cake was beautiful! We had so many compliments on how delicious it was as well.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Trista for your sweet review! It was wonderful working with you and I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake! Wishing you and Ryan every happiness together!
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 09/21/2019

Delicious and absolutely beautiful!!

You cant go work with Cindy! She was so awesome to work with and everything turned out amazing! I wanted succulent cupcakes and she nailed it!! I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Alexis for your great review! I'm so happy you and your guests enjoyed your cupcakes. Wishing you and Justin all the best!
  • Teri

Teri Cheslak · Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible Wedding Cake!!!

“The best wedding cake I’ve ever tasted!”
    I heard this again and again at our daughter’s Watermen’s Museum beach wedding two weeks ago.
    The strawberry layer tasted like fresh strawberry shortcake. It was gone in a flash! And there was almost none of the pink champagne layer with raspberry filling left for the next day. I do believe many guests went back for seconds!
    My daughter had very few requests, but was particular about her wedding cake. She wanted hexagon layers. She wanted an Art Deco look with gold piping. Cindy made her dream come true.
    Sampling the cakes was a lovely experience. Cindy, whose voice and smile are as soft and sweet as her icing, invited us into a dining area done in lace and whitewashed furniture. A corner cabinet displayed her many awards. Sample cake mock ups lined the room. We were seated and got to try several cake and filling samples. They were all delicious!
    Deciding was the only hard part.
    Cindy delivered the cake to our venue and was happy to work with our caterer. She even returned at the end of the evening to pick up the gorgeous gold pedestal we rented from her.
    I encourage anyone searching for a wedding cake baker to check out her page. Our cake, by choice, was not highly decorated, but you’ll see a variety in her pictures. Make an appointment for a sampling!
    We are so happy that we chose Cindy’s Cakery!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Teri for your sweet words! It was lovely to meet you and to make Caroline & Alex's wedding cake! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review as it means so much to a small business owner such as myself. I wish the happy newlyweds and your family every happiness and success!
  • Marisa

Marisa Mitchell · Married on 08/10/2019

A Night To Remember

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Cindy she was very professional, kind and respectful. Our cake turned out so good that my guest thought it was fake plus it tasted delicious, better than any red velvet I have ever tasted before, therefore I'm very happy to recommend her to anyone in need of a baker. Thank you for making our wedding reception a night to remember

Sent on 08/28/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Marisa for your sweet words! It was absolutely a joy and honor to make your wedding cake. I'm so pleased you and your guests enjoyed it! Wishing you and Kelvin every happiness!
  • Chelsie

Chelsie · Married on 07/20/2019

Lovely Baker to Work With

Cindy was wonderful to work with. She was incredibly accommodating both about when to do a tasting and working with us to design our wedding cake offering numerous photos for ideas and letting us taste her amazing cake flavors. We absolutely loved our cake and cannot wait for our first year anniversary when we'll get to eat our top layer again!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsie for your sweet words! I was very honored and happy to work with you and Ben and bake your dream cake. Wishing you both every happiness together!

Tes · Married on 06/15/2019

Easy, delicious, beautiful

Cindy’s cake was tasty and gorgeous. She gave us exactly what we envisioned, and we never had to worry about a single thing from start to finish. We went with a larger cake for our guest count, but we wanted there to be more than enough for people to have multiple servings and it was well worth the money spent.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Tes for your sweet words! It was a joy and an honor to work with you and be a part of your wedding day. I'm so thrilled to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake! I wish you and Brandon every happiness together!

Savannah Haugdahl · Married on 06/08/2019

Best cake I’ve ever eaten, GF or otherwise

Cindy managed the impossible - a beautiful, delicious, reasonably-priced (gluten-free!) wedding cake. It was a wonderful part of our wedding and we both agree, if we did it all over again, we’d go straight back to Cindy!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Savannah for your sweet words! I'm so happy to hear you and your guests loved the cake and thank you for the beautiful photo!! I wish you and Jacob all the happiness in your new life together!
  • Mark

Mark Dandridge · Married on 06/08/2019

Cindy's Cakery for Wedding

We used Cindy's cakery for our wedding day. About four months before our wedding, we had a major change in location and decided to change a few things with our cake because of it. Cindy did a wonderful job and had no issue with changing location. She also made the changes we wanted as needed with no extra cost. Cindy did an amazing job with our cake & it was amazing to eat! Thanks so much Cindy!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Mark & Leigh for your sweet review! I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. It was wonderful working with you and bringing your ideas to life on your cake to make it extra meaningful. Wishing you both every happiness!!

Breeanna Fournier · Married on 06/01/2019

Cindy’s Cakes

Our experience with Cindy was so amazing, she is professional and so passionate about what she does. The cake was beyond our expectations, it tasted great, and we are still getting compliments on how beautiful it was.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Bree for your sweet review and compliment! It was absolutely a joy and an honor working with you and I'm thrilled to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. Wishing you and Zach every happiness together!

Kathryn · Married on 05/24/2019

Great service and beautiful cake!

Working with Cindy was a great experience. The cake was exactly what I wanted and Cindy was very accommodating to my last minute changes and also very responsive.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Kathryn for your sweet review! It was wonderful working with you and I'm so glad you were pleased with your cake. I wish you and Robert all the best and a lifetime of happiness together!!

Lisa Retan · Married on 04/27/2019

Delicious cake

Our cake was more than we could ask for. It was fresh and delicious. Delivered as promised.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa for your sweet words! It was wonderful working with you and I'm so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. Wishing you and Derek a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Ellen

Ellen Wilson · Married on 02/15/2019

Wedding of the Decade

I contacted Cindy early in my wedding planning process to discuss cake types and design. I then took my time shopping around to make sure that this was the baker for me. I felt Cindy was knowledgeable about wedding cakes and had a many unique suggestions. The tasting went off perfectly and I decided this was the baker for our long awaited wedding. I am now seven weeks post wedding and the cake compliments keep pouring in. The cake was so moist and fresh. The sugar flowers were beautiful and the cake setup perfect. I really like to shop local and the fact that Cindy lives in my county was an added bonus. I highly recommend working with her on any event you may have.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Ellen for your sweet review and photo! It was a pleasure working with you and bringing your vision to life. I'm so glad to hear you and your guests were pleased with the cake. Wishing you all the best and a lifetime of happiness together!

Jessica Lassiter · Married on 01/19/2019

Winter Wedding

Absolutley the best cake I have ever tasted. Cindy was amazing during the entire process from planning to our wedding set up. There are no words to describe how stunning our cake was. Our guests enjoyed it so much they were asking to take a slice to go as well. We will for sure be using Cindy for all of our cake needs in the future.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Cindy's Cakery, LLC's reply:

Thank you Jessica for your sweet review! I am so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed the cake. You were lovely to work with and I wish you and Joseph a lifetime of happiness together!