Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille Reviews

Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 6
  • Kelly

Kelly · Getting married on 10/20/2019

Amazing experience

Ciao Catering were amazing for our wedding. The food was outstanding; our guests were raving about the dishes. They were also very flexible, and in the end they helped us to craft a menu that reflected our tastes and personalities. They were also very helpful with the organization process, and the day of our wedding was relatively stress-free as they took care of the setup and decorations. They truly made us feel special and we would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Outstanding experience from start to finish!

Tom worked with us from day one to have our vision come to life. Ray helped to execute to make sure the day ran so smoothly -- they are the dynamic duo who delivered above and beyond service and quality for our wedding. From the beginning, we had a unique vision of what we wanted our day to feel like. Paired with our venue, Tom worked with us to make sure our wedding felt like the house party we wanted, warm and inviting with comfort foods mixed with a high quality formal affair. He found the perfect blend of our vision and his professional opinions about what a wedding menu should look like. We had the BEST menu and our guests will talk about it for years to come. He customized everything to our tastes and desires and we were blown away during our tasting when it all came to life. His staff were pros and went above and beyond to setup the mansion including our centerpieces and other special details we had incorporated. He worked seamlessly with our other vendors and we couldn't be happier with the outcome of our wedding in large part to Tom, Ray and their team. Tom was also a great source of information and recommendations for other vendors, we completely put our trust into him and did not disappoint. We were also so thrilled with their professionalism, that we chose to use them for our rehearsal dinner at the Two Steps restaurant as well. Go with Tom, he won't disappoint! THANK YOU, TOM AND RAY!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Julia

Julia Mahony · Married on 06/21/2019

Wonderful catering service!

Tom and his staff were excellent! A true pleasure to work with at all stages. Highly professional and reassuring, they helped ensure that the day of the event ran smoothly. And, most importantly, the food was great!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Richard

Richard Liverano · Married on 06/08/2019

The best we could have ever asked for

Tom was incredible and invaluable on the day of and, more importantly, through the entire process. He took ownership of so much and provided necessary insight to make the day ours. And the food was delicious too—I’ve never heard so many people rave about wedding food before.

Tom was upfront with cost, and no last-minute changes happened on the day or week preceding the wedding. He over-delivered in terms of quality; both the food and staff were absolutely marvelous. When I had questions, Tom answered thoughtfully, creatively, and quickly, both before and after the contract was signed.

Are you having a wedding? Do you want great food, great staff, and great correspondence? Do you not want it to cost an insane amount? If you answered yes to one or all of these questions, choose Tom and Two Steps. You won't regret it.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • cet2112

Cyndi · Married on 04/28/2019

Delicious food and wonderful service

Tom was a pleasure to work with! He did not pressure us at all as we were selecting caterers and he put together a great menu and worked with us quite a bit before we even committed to using his services.
    The night of our wedding, he was calm and collected and had everything under control. The food was delicious and everyone had plenty to eat that they all loved. He was cognizant of multiple food allergies, sensitivities, and restrictions. The service was wonderful and we couldn't have asked for more.
    His staff made sure that the bride and groom had plenty to eat throughout the evening, and brought us drinks and snacks as we needed them. The room was set up beautifully and Tom and his staff were great at creating and sticking to a layout.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Martha · Married on 09/22/2018

We hosted our son’s rehearsal dinner at 2 Steps Downtown Grill. Tom Devine and his staff were top notch. The food was amazing and Tom could not have been more accommodating. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa Leonard · Married on 09/22/2018

Best caterers hands down!

Tom was great! Everything from the tasting to the food at the wedding day was amazing. He took care of everything, even after I changed my mind and added people 100 times!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Robert Schaus · Married on 08/25/2018

Fantastic Job on Wedding Rehearsal Party

We had a 100 person rehearsal party in Ridgefield, CT in August and Tom and his team nailed it! Tom came highly recommended and absolutely lived up to the reputation. They were super easy to work in designing the event and executed everything perfectly. Pricing was super reasonable as well.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Hannah · Married on 08/18/2018

Tom and his team are INCREDIBLE! He went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. His hors d'oeuvres were delicious. We made special requests to the menu for things that were special to us and he was so flexible and executed with flying colors. Our guests kept commenting on how wonderful the food was! His staff is friendly, attentive and professional. We were just so pleased with everything. Would highly recommend him and his team to any bride and groom!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Cybil · Married on 08/11/2018

When planning our wedding, my husband and I were encouraged to reach out to Tom Devine and his team with Two Steps Downtown Grille for our catering needs. Thank God for this recommendation!!! For Tom is such an experienced professional and gave us much appreciated tips on everything from appetizers to our table arrangements to even the best place to enter to walk down the aisle. What's more, Tom brings the calm and attention to detail that is most needed during the often all-consuming/stressful wedding planning process. For example, while trying to figure out how to arrange our tables for the reception, Tom tried his best to carry out our vision but was also able to patiently explain what was and wasn't possible by carefully going over the dimensions of the room available to us. What's more, while many in the wedding industry will try to upsell anxious brides and grooms intent on providing a memorable event, Tom never once did that. In fact, in addition to keeping to our budget, he even suggested ways we could cut costs. And then there is his food - all of which is DELICIOUS. Our guests not only raved about his appetizers and entrees on the day of our wedding but are still raving about it weeks later! Finally, Tom's staff was also friendly and organized which meant that my husband and I were able to focus on our families, friends and each other. Simply put, my husband and I wholeheartedly recommend Tom Devine and his staff to any couple looking for an amazing caterer for their wedding day!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Eileen · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing experience and value

We had our wedding in July 2018 at Tarrywile Mansion and Two Step Catering was one of the preferred vendors, and we are thrilled with our experience with them. After an initial phone call with Tom and discussion about menu and budget, we went ahead with Tom team and didn't look back! Communication was always fast and Tom was very patient. On the day of, his team went above and beyond to help us. We tried to do as much as possible to DIY and keep cost down - for example my family did all the floral arrangements and table decorations, and all we had to do was get the flowers in the vases and leave instructions for what table decorations went where, and everything was put in place by Tom's staff, no hassle. Same ease with clean up. Since we also DIY for a DJ, Tom actually announced us as we walked into the mansion right before our first dance, which was very sweet :-) We were very impressed with the menu selection, and on the day of, the quality of the food. Everything was delicious! And lastly, going with Two Step Catering was a huge budget saver in terms of alcohol - they recommended a local liquor store (that also delivered!) where we could place an order, alcohol delivered, used their bartender, and then we returned what we didn't use the next morning. This probably saved us thousands of dollars compared to an all-inclusive venue! So, in summary, no reservations whatsoever in working with Two Step Catering, so happy we went with them!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Mary Ann · Married on 06/22/2018

We recently had the pleasure of working with Tom and his amazing team for our June wedding at the Lounsbury House. Two Steps is not just your average caterer... I felt is if Tom was my wedding planner! He was so organized, I was able to put full trust in him keeping track of all the plans we discussed. I would never have to wait more than a day to get a response back from him. He also knows exactly what he’s doing, what vendors you should work with around him, how everything will go the day of, etc. he will help communicate to other vendors with and for you. In addition to the amazing planning process I went through with Tom, his team the day of our wedding was so attentive. Anything we needed, they were already getting. From setup, to bartending, wait staff, and cleanup, they truly are amazing. Everything ran smoothly the day of the wedding, and I can thank Tom and his team for that, as well as their cooperation with the other vendors I had working that day. My family loved Two Steps, my vendors noted how wonderful it was working with Tom, and my guests raved about how good the food was. I couldn’t recommend Two Steps more!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Diane · Married on 06/02/2018

Thanks to Tom Devine, his daughter Kate, her husband Ray, and the amazing team of Two Steps Downtown Grille/Ciao! who did an incredible job on Saturday with a wedding in my backyard - through sun, rain and steamy conditions, flawlessly!! They worked so very hard and the food was amazing.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Caroline · Married on 06/02/2018

Tom was great to work with for our wedding. Our venue did not have a general manager and was very self-service, so Tom went above and beyond by drawing a floorplan, advising on rental equipment quantities, liquor quantities, etc. He was flexible with the menu he developed as well. We did cocktail hour and buffet. The food was very tasty, and the staff was extremely attentive to me and my husband throughout the event ensuring we had enough food and water and drink. He then packaged leftovers for us and we were able to serve family members who stuck around after the wedding several more meals. He was very responsive to my many emails, and was truly a pleasure to work with. We look forward to having another occasion to work with Tom on!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Mollie · Married on 05/19/2018

Tom Devine and his staff are incredible! Tom thought of every little detail, he was not just a caterer but his staff moved tables and chairs, coordinated with all of our other vendors for the set up and flow of the wedding, and even thought to bring containers for us to take home the left overs. Let me tell you.. we wanted the left overs! Our friends and family raved about how delicious the food was. Tom was organized, professional and made the entire process easy by meeting with us at his restaurant and at our venue. We cannot thank Tom enough for helping to make our wedding so perfect, you will be in great hands if you go with his team! --- Drew + Mollie (Wedding 5/19/18 at Gallaher Mansion, Norwalk Ct)

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 7
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 8
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 9
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 10

Justine · Married on 04/21/2018

I don't even know how to write this review because how can I put into words the experience I had with Tom and his crew at Ciao Catering. Simply, it was incredible.

Tom met with me before my wedding day, drew up a floor plan, and made it a beautiful reality. Both he and his support staff made everything move so fluidly, like clockwork, and brought my vision for both food and service to life. I was upstairs getting my hair and make-up done when I heard Tom had arrived. When I was finally able to come downstairs, I was floored. The space was transformed into the most romantic venue, and all without me having to speak a single word or lift a finger. The servers moved about as if they'd hosted events there for a living, and made everything absolutely perfect.

Then there's the food. I can start by saying that what was left over, didn't even last long enough to be considered a "left-over". The food that was kindly left in the kitchen ended up being requested as my guests left. We heard on NUMEROUS occasions "that was the best food I've ever had at a wedding", and even our pickiest eaters went up for seconds. I never regretted living across the country in Colorado until now, because I wasn't able to take any home.

Thank you, a million times. I will be recommending Tom and Ciao Catering to everyone and am so grateful for all of their hard work and attention to detail. You made my day perfect, and I can't thank you enough.

Sent on 04/24/2018
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 11
    Ciao! Catering and Events/ Two Steps Downtown Grille 12

Angie · Married on 08/12/2017

My Husband and I have been in the food service industry for years so our choice of vendor for food and service was extremely important for our elegant backyard wedding. Tom Devine and his staff from Ciao! Catering certainly did not disappoint! Our guests could not stop complimenting us on the food and how seamlessly the night went. Everything was perfect from set up to break down and everything in between. Ciao! Catering exceeded our expectations and we are so pleased with how perfect our wedding was! We can't thank Ciao! Catering enough for helping our vision come to life!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Sylvia · Married on 07/22/2017

Tom and his staff were incredible and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding day. Tom was very responsive and helpful from the beginning and he made wedding planning a lot easier. CIao Catering not only did a great job in setting up, but they were also attentive to every single guest throughout the night. We never could have imagined that our wedding would go so smoothly. Thank you Ciao Catering for your service.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Erica · Married on 07/08/2017

Ciao! Catering/Two Steps Downtown Grille came highly recommend by a friend and I could not have been happier with choosing them to cater our wedding. Tom Devine was our point person and he was prompt in responding to all my inquires, was very helpful with helping us create a unique menu for our wedding and went above and beyond on the day of the event to make sure everything went smooth from the ceremony all the way until closing. Tom was great to work with and provided us with all the necessary information and tools to make our day perfect!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2017

Tom & Ciao! were a lifesaver. The food was great, the coordination leading up to the night was easy, the service the day of the wedding was seamless and friendly.
    I had been speaking to another caterer who was taking weeks to get back to me each time we made a minor change to the menu--which was pretty basic. I called Ciao! and was immediately relieved. It was clear this was a company that takes pride in what they do. Tom was very easy to work with, asking all the right questions and keeping cool throughout. I was so excited when he came up with a menu based on what my fiancee and I liked and kept it within our modest budget. Tom gave me a contact for an alcohol supplier that accepted returns and the two of them coordinated on the day of the wedding. I loved the NY strip steak and all the hors d'oeuvres and many of our guests raved about the food as well.
    This is a solid company you can rely on for your big day.

Sent on 08/10/2017

Stacy · event on 06/10/2017

Tom Devine and his crew are the consummate professionals in every respect!
    I give them my highest recommendation.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Liz · Married on 06/09/2017

Planning a wedding is stressful but Tom Devine and his attention to detail truly lifted a weight off of my shoulders that only a bride can know! His communication leading up to the event, advice he gave and just his kind personality was exactly what you need when planning any event! The night of our wedding, the staff members were SO in tune with what we needed and were responsive to everything. Every staff member was polite, they worked behind the scenes in a swift and timely manor and impressed everyone!
    Thank you to everyone at Ciao!!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Ali · Married on 06/09/2017

By far my favorite vendor I worked with throughout the wedding planning process. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing and helpful Tom and his team were from our tasting all the way through the last minutes of our wedding - if I could give them more than 5 stars I would. The food and their presentation was 100% on point which is the most I was hoping for but we got so much more! Tom's staff made sure everything went perfectly, they contacted all my vendors to go over scheduling, they setup our venue beautifully, they helped organize the wedding party before the ceremony and reception - one of them even followed my down the aisle and fixed my train as I walking down! They made sure my wedding party and myself and husband ate during photos and they made sure my husband and I actually got to sit down and eat our meal (which I hear is a super rare thing!)

If you're on the fence about which caterer to choose - don't be, just go with them they are the best!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

alison · Married on 06/03/2017

Ciao! Catering recently did an outstanding job catering my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. The food was delicious and Tom and his staff were so kind and professional. While it was nerve wracking for me planning this event, Tom was a calming force and expertly guided me through the planning process. Everything turned out perfect and I could not have asked for more. Thank you Caio!

Sent on 07/09/2017