330 Reviews for Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant

Jewish (1)
Baptist (1)
Agnostic (1)
329 Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant Reviews

Reverend Aviva Sala performed the ceremony and everything was perfect! She was a pleasure to deal with via email, since I was a long distance bride, from beginning to end. The day of went off without a hitch and it was all due to her professionalism and kindness. I wouldn't pick another officiant! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/30/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor April is one of a kind, truly. From the very beginning when we first spoke, to our private and thorough sit down, to before the ceremony, during the ceremony, and now after she has been the best vendor we have worked with!! She makes each and every wedding special and unique. I can't recommend her enough, we feel blessed to have been married by her :)

Profile Picture Karen, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev April was amazing. Simply the best officiant that their is. She tailored our ceremony specifically for us. She was friendly and gracious through the whole process. My family and friends went out of their way to let us know what a wonderful beautiful ceremony we had. Thank you April for all you have done for us.

Profile Picture Joseph , 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April and Rabbi Sara performed the ceremony for our interfaith wedding. They were simply amazing and worked well together. I received nothing but compliments from our guests who repeatedly stated they never saw such a wonderful ceremony which respected both religions. We met with Sara and April months before our wedding - it was well worth it. We joked around for two hours about our love story which they summarized during the ceremony. They allowed us to pick and choose the customs we wanted discussed from each religion during our ceremony. I loved how they went back and forth between our religions during the ceremony, and they had a great sense of humor. I have witnessed interfaith ceremonies in the past where the officiants had no connection and each went one at a time. April and Sara unified both of our religion and families and left smiles on everyone's faces.

Profile Picture Gregg, 2/17/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony

5 stars just isn’t enough to rate April! From the first encounter with her, we felt like we knew her for a lifetime. She pays attention to detail and comes up the most incredible words for the most memorable ceremony. We hosted 217 guest and every single person approached us to let us know how heartfelt our ceremony was. It was the highlight of our wedding. There was not one dry eye and people who didn’t know our story found out within the 15-20 min ceremony hosted by April. She was interactive, personable and truly charming. This is her calling in life and really made our wedding day the fairytale I’ve always dreamt of.

Profile Picture Betsy, 2/9/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Catholic, Orthodox Christian, Licensed

I can’t say enough good things about Pastor April! From day one, we knew we would be in great hands. April is SO unbelievably easy to talk to, she is so professional and you can tell she really loves what she does! When my husband and I were picking out our ceremony, we wanted something simple. We browsed through the samples that April had posted on her webpage, which was SO helpful, and found one that we absolutely loved. One the day of our wedding, we were beyond impressed. To think that we chose one of her sample ceremonies, yet she made it feel SO personalized and heartfelt. We can’t thank April enough, and we definitely recommend her services! You won’t be sorry!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April knocked it out of the park. From day 1 she was there and really got us excited about writing our own vows. She gave us her full attention was 100% accomodating when we had changes and really knows her stuff beyond the ceremony. IE. getting your name changed etc. I had MANY guests compliment me on how amazing the pastor was and how she made the ceremony. How often are people excited about the CEREMONY! Stop looking and get April for your wedding...you seriously will not regret it.

-Megan

Profile Picture Megan, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Pastor April is absolutely amazing!! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. From day one of meeting her she made us feel so comfortable and confident that our wedding would be nothing short of amazing. all of my guests came up to me after and said that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been too!!! she is truly living her calling, what a wonderful person!!!

Profile Picture rachelle, 11/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion

April was absolutely amazing to work with! My husband and I met her at The Riviera at Massapequa for an open house and immediately felt her warmth and kindness. She opened up her home to us to share our story and put our words into the most perfect and personalized ceremony beyond our wildest dreams. We received so many compliments on our receiving line right after and all through the night...everyone loved it! We couldnt be happier with how our ceremony turned out!

Profile Picture Michele, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April was amazing. From the very first meeting she was a pleasure to work with and really went out of her way to make sure our ceremony was exactly how we had always invisioned it. I can’t recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

April was amazing. She tailored our ceremony to us and added a ton of personal experiences. She made the whole process so easy and everyone loved the ceremony.

Profile Picture Keith, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Pastor April is. From the first moment I saw her officiate a wedding I was attending, I knew I wanted her to officiate my wedding. The way she makes the ceremony so personal and beautiful is truly a talent. The whole process of the ceremony was very easy and communication was always excellent. Everyone kept talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. I really cannot say enough good things about Pastor April. Highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a ceremony they will cherish forever!

Photo for Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant Review
Profile Picture Nicole, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor April is the kindest, most genuine and detail oriented person you can have officiate your wedding. After getting cancelled on last minute by a family friend to officiate my wedding, a coworker connected me to Pastor April. That was the best thing to happen! My husband and I met her at her home and during our meeting after some questions, answers and laughs she put together the most beautiful service. From just small conversation it was as if she had known us for years. After meeting she emails you everything you've discussed as well as options unique to your ceremony so that the entire process is easy and transparent.

The day of the wedding, she was prompt, and everything she promised us she would do was done in a professional manner with just the right amount of humor. She seems to be able to adapt to each individual couple's needs, and that is important today. Not to mention I only contacted her within weeks of my wedding. Everyone loved her and keeps talking about how great she is. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Javonte, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

If you are looking for an officiant, look no more, Pastor April is your pick. She is the most thorough, knowledgeable and professional person to work with. She takes no nonsense, she walks you through the entire process and works with you to write up your ceremony. She is always available to answer your questions, and she literally puts in 150% to her work. My husband and I could not have stumbled on the more perfect officiant (at the Three Village Inn showcase!). Thank you so much April we love you!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal

April married my now husband and I are September 15, 2017. All of our guests could not get over how great our ceremony was. April made it personal and beautiful!

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination

April married my husband and I Friday September 1,2017 at the Snapper Inn in Oakdale. It was a beautiful day in so many ways and April was definitely one of them!!!!
She was a pleasure since we met her a year ago and was helpful with everything!!!!!!!
She added to our day in an amazingly relaxing and loving way. I received so many compliments from my guest after the ceremony about her so I am hoping she will have more business coming her way ..... I highly recommend April to add joy to your special day❤️

Profile Picture Christina, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our wedding was august 24,2017. When we first met April we knew she was the one to marry us. She is an amazing person with a wonderful personality. She took our words and feelings and wrote an amazing ceremony so personal to us. My friends and family were talking about the ceremony and how wonderful it was. We can't thank her enough.

Profile Picture yuderka, 8/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was August 14th, 2017 and Pastor April just absolutely amazed us and our guests. She is so pleasant to work with. She takes her time and listens to your concerns and answers all your questions in a timely manner. You will not be disappointed?!

Profile Picture Dena, 8/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April was amazing! We meet April at her house for a meeting to discuss our wedding and write our ceremony. She asked us many questions and we had a great conversation that lasted about an hour and a half. The next day she emailed us a beautiful script that included so many personal stories about our relationship. She also included a few religious elements that pleased our mothers. On the day of our wedding, April arrived 30 min prior to the ceremony with her own microphone. Our ceremony was beautiful done and we received many complements. We would absolutely recommend April and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Renee, 8/4/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Catholic

Words cannot express how much we adored April. From the moment we met her, we felt a sense of comfort and connectedness. Her genuine interest in our love story, and her ability to put that love story into words was nothing short of perfect. Our ceremony was our favorite part of our wedding day and we would highly recommend April again and again!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

April was AMAZING!!! From the first day my husband and I met April, we fell in love with her. We met at her house and talked for like 3 hours. She made us feel so comfortable and did an amazing job personalizing our vows.
Anytime you contact her, she gets right back to you. Any questions you have she answers them in full detail.
The day of our wedding April was AMAZING. Everyone is still talking about her!!! I would recommend her to anyone getting married, she will not disappoint! My husband and I will always remember our day!!

Profile Picture Dana, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If you're looking for an officiant for your wedding, look no further! Pastor April was the easiest choice we made for our wedding. She was highly recommended by our venue, and it's easy to see why. Since the very first phone call, we felt like we'd known her for years. She is personable, organized, professional, and amazing at what she does. She truly has a way of capturing the essence of a relationship with her words. We met in her home, where she asked us about different aspects of our relationship and actually began writing snips of the ceremony right then and there. We were amazed at how well she seemed to understand our relationship, even from the first meeting. The process stayed flexible and convenient the whole way through -- we emailed back and fourth to edit the ceremony until its final version. Pastor April was available to respond to every phone calling email throughout the entire process, and when the big day finally came, I could not have done it without her. I was an extremely anxious bride, and about an hour before my ceremony I started having a meltdown. She was there to comfort me and remind me of what really matters. She went above and beyond, and did so much more for us than we could have imagined. Our ceremony was a perfect representation of who we are as a couple, and our guests continue to comment on how amazing she was! She had everyone laughing and crying in all the best ways. They say that your guests will only really remember the food and music, but ours will also remember Pastor April for sure!!! Thank you SO much EVERYTHING!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination

Pastor April did an amazing job for our personalized wedding ceremony! She is so friendly and easy to work with, and she helped to make our special day even more special!

Profile Picture Terry, 6/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Our families and friends have not stopped raving about Pastor April Gismondi and her co-officiant for our wedding, Rabbi Sara Shonfeld! They are so lovely, and so talented, and we can’t say enough great things about them both. They did a wonderful job as a team, seamlessly integrating our two faiths in a way that felt thoughtful and incredibly special. I imagine they are equally fantastic officiating on their own, too. From the moment we met during our first planning meeting, we were blown away by how warm, sincere, and fun they both are - they were so excited to learn about who we were, how we met, and the ceremony we envisioned. They both are filled with amazing enthusiasm, love, and creativity, which was evident throughout the process and then of course during the ceremony, which they made so special and memorable for us and our guests. We are so grateful that we found Pastor April and Rabbi Sara for the beautiful ceremony they helped us to create - thank you both so very much!

Profile Picture Alexis and Dan, 6/25/17, 4 Reviews