340 Reviews for Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant

Jewish (1)
Baptist (1)
Agnostic (1)
339 Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant Reviews

From the moment we met Pastor April, we felt like we were old friends. By asking questions and having a casual conversation, she writes your story into the most beautiful, personal ceremony
We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding

Photo for Church of Ancient Ways - Marie April Gismondi Wedding Officiant Review
Profile Picture Denise, 7/29/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Civil Union

April was informative, charismatic, attentive to detail, and took the time out to hear my wife and I’s love story to then share it in a beautiful speech. Everyone has ranted and raved about the ceremony that April provided. People asked us if she knew us all of our lives! She is worth every dime and penny and you will not be dissatisfied! She’s simply amazing!

Profile Picture Lisa , 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April was amazing! She was early as promised, dressed appropriately, and held the attention of the audience. She met with us prior to the wedding despite our crazy work schedules and figured out exactly what we wanted (even though we didn’t know what wanted until she helped us). She was a pleasure to work with and very responsive via email and phone. I HIGHLY recommend her :-).

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We met April at a wedding expo at the Larkfield in 2016. We liked her energy immediately and her experience as a reverend. We were married on 7/13/2018 and the ceremony was beautiful. We heard from several guests how much they loved her service. We highly recommend getting to know April!

Profile Picture Marianne, 7/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

April married us on 7/12/18. We immediately felt comfortable and connected with her from the moment we met her. She is extremely detailed and considerate of who we are as a couple. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and her words and way she held the ceremony made it so much more perfect. Our families and friends still cannot say enough wonderful things about her. It was an honor to have April marry us.

Profile Picture Tara, 7/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I don’t know where to start with reviewing Pastor April, except that 5 stars isn’t enough for her. I’ve known Pastor April for many years through working at catering myself, and seeing her perform wedding after wedding at our venue. I always said if I ever got married, it had to be her performing the ceremony. I called her immediately once I booked my venue and told her she had to be there. She made sure she was free and I was so excited! My husband and I met with her at her home and she asked us questions about our relationship and family, and there were tears flowing that night already. She was able to immediately put our relationship into these beautiful words that I just couldn’t keep the tears contained. She not only met my expectations for our ceremony, but exceeded them. I truly can’t say enough positive things about Pastor April. If you book her for your wedding, you will be truly happy with the results.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We couldn’t be any any more happier with how our ceremony turned out. I would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Tina, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

April is absolutely amazing. She will transform your words into something beautiful. She will not disappoint. She will give you a personal intimate ceremony that everyone will be complimenting you for days. We will definitely recommend April!

Photos
Profile Picture Judith, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

April is absolutely amazing! She made this process so unbelievably easy and stress-free. This was one of the easiest parts of our wedding planning. Our ceremony was beautiful and one to remember always. We received so many compliments at our cocktail hour, many having said that they never have witnessed a ceremony in that fashion: personal, intimate, and truly grasping the couple's personalities. April is the best at what she does, she is brilliant at putting your thoughts onto paper and relaying the message you want to make. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for an officiant for their wedding!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

April is absolutely amazing. She does a great job and taking your love story and creating it into this beautiful, well written speech. All of my family kept telling me how amazing she was! She was calm, professional, kind, and most importantly loving. You cannot go wrong with April!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Reverend Aviva Sala performed the ceremony and everything was perfect! She was a pleasure to deal with via email, since I was a long distance bride, from beginning to end. The day of went off without a hitch and it was all due to her professionalism and kindness. I wouldn't pick another officiant! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/30/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor April is one of a kind, truly. From the very beginning when we first spoke, to our private and thorough sit down, to before the ceremony, during the ceremony, and now after she has been the best vendor we have worked with!! She makes each and every wedding special and unique. I can't recommend her enough, we feel blessed to have been married by her :)

Profile Picture Karen, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev April was amazing. Simply the best officiant that their is. She tailored our ceremony specifically for us. She was friendly and gracious through the whole process. My family and friends went out of their way to let us know what a wonderful beautiful ceremony we had. Thank you April for all you have done for us.

Profile Picture Joseph , 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April and Rabbi Sara performed the ceremony for our interfaith wedding. They were simply amazing and worked well together. I received nothing but compliments from our guests who repeatedly stated they never saw such a wonderful ceremony which respected both religions. We met with Sara and April months before our wedding - it was well worth it. We joked around for two hours about our love story which they summarized during the ceremony. They allowed us to pick and choose the customs we wanted discussed from each religion during our ceremony. I loved how they went back and forth between our religions during the ceremony, and they had a great sense of humor. I have witnessed interfaith ceremonies in the past where the officiants had no connection and each went one at a time. April and Sara unified both of our religion and families and left smiles on everyone's faces.

Profile Picture Gregg, 2/17/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony

5 stars just isn’t enough to rate April! From the first encounter with her, we felt like we knew her for a lifetime. She pays attention to detail and comes up the most incredible words for the most memorable ceremony. We hosted 217 guest and every single person approached us to let us know how heartfelt our ceremony was. It was the highlight of our wedding. There was not one dry eye and people who didn’t know our story found out within the 15-20 min ceremony hosted by April. She was interactive, personable and truly charming. This is her calling in life and really made our wedding day the fairytale I’ve always dreamt of.

Profile Picture Betsy, 2/9/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Catholic, Orthodox Christian, Licensed

I can’t say enough good things about Pastor April! From day one, we knew we would be in great hands. April is SO unbelievably easy to talk to, she is so professional and you can tell she really loves what she does! When my husband and I were picking out our ceremony, we wanted something simple. We browsed through the samples that April had posted on her webpage, which was SO helpful, and found one that we absolutely loved. One the day of our wedding, we were beyond impressed. To think that we chose one of her sample ceremonies, yet she made it feel SO personalized and heartfelt. We can’t thank April enough, and we definitely recommend her services! You won’t be sorry!

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April knocked it out of the park. From day 1 she was there and really got us excited about writing our own vows. She gave us her full attention was 100% accomodating when we had changes and really knows her stuff beyond the ceremony. IE. getting your name changed etc. I had MANY guests compliment me on how amazing the pastor was and how she made the ceremony. How often are people excited about the CEREMONY! Stop looking and get April for your wedding...you seriously will not regret it.

-Megan

Profile Picture Megan, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination, Non-religious

Pastor April is absolutely amazing!! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ceremony. From day one of meeting her she made us feel so comfortable and confident that our wedding would be nothing short of amazing. all of my guests came up to me after and said that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been too!!! she is truly living her calling, what a wonderful person!!!

Profile Picture rachelle, 11/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion

April was absolutely amazing to work with! My husband and I met her at The Riviera at Massapequa for an open house and immediately felt her warmth and kindness. She opened up her home to us to share our story and put our words into the most perfect and personalized ceremony beyond our wildest dreams. We received so many compliments on our receiving line right after and all through the night...everyone loved it! We couldnt be happier with how our ceremony turned out!

Profile Picture Michele, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Pastor April was amazing. From the very first meeting she was a pleasure to work with and really went out of her way to make sure our ceremony was exactly how we had always invisioned it. I can’t recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Christina, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

April was amazing. She tailored our ceremony to us and added a ton of personal experiences. She made the whole process so easy and everyone loved the ceremony.

Profile Picture Keith, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't even begin to describe how amazing Pastor April is. From the first moment I saw her officiate a wedding I was attending, I knew I wanted her to officiate my wedding. The way she makes the ceremony so personal and beautiful is truly a talent. The whole process of the ceremony was very easy and communication was always excellent. Everyone kept talking about how beautiful the ceremony was. I really cannot say enough good things about Pastor April. Highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a ceremony they will cherish forever!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Pastor April is the kindest, most genuine and detail oriented person you can have officiate your wedding. After getting cancelled on last minute by a family friend to officiate my wedding, a coworker connected me to Pastor April. That was the best thing to happen! My husband and I met her at her home and during our meeting after some questions, answers and laughs she put together the most beautiful service. From just small conversation it was as if she had known us for years. After meeting she emails you everything you've discussed as well as options unique to your ceremony so that the entire process is easy and transparent.

The day of the wedding, she was prompt, and everything she promised us she would do was done in a professional manner with just the right amount of humor. She seems to be able to adapt to each individual couple's needs, and that is important today. Not to mention I only contacted her within weeks of my wedding. Everyone loved her and keeps talking about how great she is. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Javonte, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

If you are looking for an officiant, look no more, Pastor April is your pick. She is the most thorough, knowledgeable and professional person to work with. She takes no nonsense, she walks you through the entire process and works with you to write up your ceremony. She is always available to answer your questions, and she literally puts in 150% to her work. My husband and I could not have stumbled on the more perfect officiant (at the Three Village Inn showcase!). Thank you so much April we love you!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/17/17, 4 Reviews