Chunk-N-Chip Reviews

24 | Fullerton, CA

24 Reviews for Chunk-N-Chip

Carina · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing vendor!

Used them for my wedding 5/25/19 and they were a BIG HIT!!!! Everyone loved the fresh ice cream and soft warm cookies. The ice cream was so good the only bad thing is all their flavors are amazing and you can only choose four! I wanted all of them. Definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Mariana

Mariana Ramos · Married on 12/01/2018

Worth every Penny!

Chunk-N-Chip was our alternative for a dessert bar at our wedding and it was the best idea. They came and set up a very cute table and prepared delicious gourmet ice cream sammiches which our guests raves about that night and just about every time I see any of them. They are friendly, professional and the perfect touch. Not to mention great price for everything they did! I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Jane · Married on 10/21/2017

We had Chunk N Chip as a 'late night' surprise dessert at our wedding served around 9pm. They were delicious and everyone gave us rave reviews about how much they loved it! My mom, a friend of mine, and I did the tasting with Lene in June. She was super nice and let us taste so many cookies and so many ice cream flavors, it was hard to decide! I guess people typically do 3 ice creams, 3 cookies, but we picked 4 ice creams and 2 cookies, For ice cream we went with Peanut Butter cup, fresh mint with dark chocolate shaves (my favorite), cappuccino crunch, and vanilla bean. For cookies we chose Snickerdoodle and chocolate chip. I usually am a chocolate person but actually did not love the brownie cookie at the tasting, so we went with these 2 classics which were delicious.
    One snafu - I didn't know bc I was enjoying the wedding, but chunk n chip were actually like 30 minutes late because they got into a car accident on the way to the venue. Fortunately everything was ok and still went smoothly, and they brought an extra cookie flavor- Brioche cookie. Because they were set up outside and we did not announce them, there was never a super long line. People just found the set up and moseyed over which was good. People truly LOVED this dessert and kept talking about the ice cream and cookies after the wedding. We got to take the extra cookies with us at the end of the night too and we served them at brunch. They do a cute set up and it is nice because the cookies are warmed and it is all homemade. We thought they were super reasonably priced also!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Michael · Married on 03/18/2017

So, can't say enough about this company, first off. Their work truly made our wedding night extra special and all of our guests loved the service, quality of food, presentation and more. What made us very happy was how extraordinarily flexible Lene, the event manager, had been with us. We are very much planners and particular in our wants and this did not phase her one bit. She accommodated our need to have parent-in-law input, tastings and more and gave us great re-assurance that they would do the job right. Felt very comfortable from the get-go with Lene and Chunk-n-Chip and never looked back. The end result was just amazing.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Chunk-N-Chip's reply:

Hi Michael - Thank you for your kind rewards and on behalf of my team, I want to thank you for trusting us to be your dessert vendor on such an important day. It's reviews like this that reminds us why we do what we do. Lene is awesome and will be thrilled to view this (if she hasn't yet)! Warmest regards, Claudia - Owner/Founder

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2016

Even writing this review, I’m getting hungry for Chunk N’ Chip. Ice cream sandwiches are our thing, so when we heard about this vendor from our wedding venue, we had to investigate. We met with Lene and did a full taste testing; she let us try whatever combination of cookies and ice cream flavors she had in her stop (4th street market, Santa Ana. GO!). I’m allergic to dairy, but she put that concern to rest when she showed me my options: soy and coconut milk ice cream, sorbets, plus GF/DF chocolate chip cookie. Holy smokes, the best ice cream sandwich I’ve ever had in my life. My husband loves his ice cream, so when his eyes rolled back upon his first bite in pure satisfaction, I knew we found a winner. We ended up with espresso, chocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies paired with white chocolate fudge, vanilla, peanut butter cup and banana cream pie with bourbon caramel swirl. They set up their station to serve the warm cookies and cold ice cream in a good location. During the reception, there was at least 25 people in line waiting for these sammiches the whole night. Hands down the biggest hit at our wedding! Even a few weeks later, people keep bringing up the sammiches and how phenomenal they were. If you’re looking for the WOW factor, this is it.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

This was such an amazing choice for our wedding. Chunk-n-Chip offered multiple ice cream and cookie choices, some traditional and some more inventive, but all super delicious. We met at the shop in Santa Ana before the day to try different flavors and combinations and had trouble deciding because they were all so good! The staff on the day of the wedding was friendly and accommodating, even for picky guests, and overall it was a huge hit -- we didn't miss having a cake at all! I loved that they offered a bride's favorite (mine was chocolate chip with a lavender ice cream) and a groom's favorite (his was an oatmeal cookie with stout and smore's ice cream). Loved working with them!

Sent on 11/16/2016

I love to serve this at my Bridal Shower, can't wait. thank you

Sent on 05/29/2015

Alexis · Married on 05/29/2016

AN ABSOLUTE HIT!! Everyone LOVED the ice cream sammiches!! When I was telling people we weren't having a cake, they acted so strange and confused, but after, everyone kept talking about it. Our line was long but the servers kept it moving so fast and everyone was happy! The cookies were fresh and set up in a cute warmer and they made the most adorable sign with all the flavors! They even made "The Bride's Pick" and "The Groom's Pick". SO PERFECT!!! Would recommend to anyone. Yes, it is pricey, but it is worth every penny. We had 4 ice creams, 4 cookies, and they even brought 3 or 4 servers. I cannot praise this place enough!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Andi · Married on 03/12/2016

Chunk n chip were awesome to work with. They responded immediately, after I sent in the inquiry. And you get to do an ice cream/cookie tasting (by far the best tasting of the wedding planning process).

We had chunk n chip as a late night treat, and all of our guests loved their cookie sandwiches! Their set up looked great and a perfect way for our guests to end their night.

Sent on 04/08/2016
  • Juan

Juan · Married on 11/13/2015

Chunk-N-Chip provided dessert for our wedding. Custom ice cream sandwiches were a huge hit!

Sent on 11/18/2015

I would hire them all over again if I could! So easy to work with and super fun to pick all the flavors you want for the ice cream and cookies!! They were a total hit at our wedding and DELICIOUS. Super cool setup with the ovens and very fun people who man the table. I'm so glad we asked them to be apart of our big day.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Justin · event on 12/18/2014

To say we were satisfied with our Chunk n Chip experience would be an understatement. To say we were clutching out bellies afterwards from eating the whole treat, well that would be more realistic.

• User4700685 · event on 11/23/2014

rented the booth for a bday party
    great communication and customer service from beginning to end
    employees who worked event had a great attitude
    a lot of guests were pleased (w product and employees) that they are going to be hiring them for future events.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Chunk n chip made my wedding so memorable. Amazing service and the cookie sandwiches are woowwwzerrrrssss!!!!! I have told everyone about them. Chunk n chip made my wedding planning so easy and stress free.

• User4700685 · event on 09/17/2014

I hired C-N-C to come to a beach party. They exceeded all my expectations! They arrived on time in their awesome truck! They staff was super nice and totally professional.
    The party was on the beach and the truck was parked up in the driveway so I was a little concerned that our guests would not make the trek up there to get it, but they went wild for it! The music from the truck made it a real party up there.
    Most importantly: The ice cream and cookies were DELICIOUS. I had catering for lunch and this was just dessert.... they blew the catered lunch away with the fantastic quality of their food. Service was quick too. I really don't know how they heat two cookies and throw a heaping scoop of ice cream between them so fast.
    If there were more than 5 stars they would be getting them. Thanks for making the day really great you guys!
    -Jeremy in Laguna

Sent on 01/15/2015
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 07/01/2014

Let me start by saying I would get married all over again just to have these amazing sammiches!! Chunk-N-Chip exceeded every expectation and really went above and beyond to make our day super special.

We got to choose our own flavors, which were served to order from their ice cream sammich station. It's a really cute vintage setup that complimented our rustic decor. I wanted Lavender Blueberry and he wanted PB & bacon so we got a mix of both plus the classic choc chip and vanilla.

I tried both our flavors and thought they were delicious. The cookies fresh from the oven are still warm so they melt the ice cream into perfection. Our guests raved for weeks after about how good they were!

I highly recommend Chunk-N-Chip if you're looking for an affordable, local vendor who really goes the extra mile. Lene, our events co-ordinator was fantastic and all the staff on the night made sure everyone had lots of fun and had plenty of sammiches to go round!

Thank you Chunk-N-Chip!!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Kevin · Married on 10/01/2011

When it came time for my wife and I to tie the knot in 2011, we were dreading the thought of a wedding cake. After all, have you ever had one that actually *tasted* good? We did a lot of research and were delighted to find Chunk-N-Chip. Claudia worked with us to get a selection of homemade cookies and delicious, home churned ice creams (try the snickerdoodle with the egg nog, bourbon & toffee ice cream - it will change your life). The truck wasn't available that night, so she set up a serving table that looked great, took up very little room, and served the guests very quickly (there was never a line more than four people deep). The guests, from children to senior citizens, were delighted and rave about the dessert to this day. All this for a price much cheaper than a big wedding cake. If you want an affordable, memorable, delicious dessert for your wedding day, take my advice: dump the cake and call Chunk-N-Chip.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2015

Lene and the Chunk-N-Chip team put on a beautiful display for weddings and events. I cannot tell you how many complements we got on our wedding mini ice cream sandwich bar. Not only did everyone love them, they were all gone by the end of the night! Thank you so much for such a fun & creative idea, it added such a special touch to our perfect day! I highly suggest this vendor for your wedding or event, Lene knows what she is talking about and made sure I did not over or under order as we also had a mini dessert bar too. Thanks a bunch!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Eden · Married on 03/21/2015

For our wedding, we wanted a food truck of some sort. While Chunk-N-Chip didn't offer the actual truck for the event, they did have a cute little table setup with a display case/cookie warmer. By far, Chunk-N-Chip is the best ice cream cookie sandwich company out there. All of the guests loved it and we wish we had more time to gobble them up! They have a ton of different flavor options, making the selection process all the more difficult. They brought in about 3 different staff members for the event and they were all really nice and friendly - loved it!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Claudia and the whole team at Chunk-N-Chip are AMAZING. My Wife and I have been eating their Sammiches since they were called Booyahs! Needless to say, we are long time fans, and we wanted our wedding to end with everyone having some delicioso Sammiches. 3 awesome Sammiches served up to all our friends and family at the end of an even more awesome night, we couldn't have asked for more. OH, and of course Claudia saved one of each for my Wife and I, you know how weddings can be sometimes. Really great of her to ensure that we'd get a taste.

If you love Ice Cream Sammiches, you'll love Chunk-N-Chip.

Rebecca · Married on 09/19/2015

Best decision EVER for our wedding! Absolute hit, everyone loved the fresh ice cream sammiches in fun flavors like lemongrass ginger, french toast with bacon, banana cream pie, the list goes on! My friends are still saying how awesome this was, my husband and I are so happy to have had Chunk n Chip at the wedding reception as our main dessert. We had a baby cake, but this was the showstopper! Thank you Lene for spending time with us and helping us decide on flavors!!!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Charlotta · Married on 10/11/2014

We LOVED the ice cream sandwich station and your staff. What a wonderful operation you have there. Our guest were thrilled and are still raving about it! The unique and wonderful flavors of the cookies and custom ice creams are amazing. There is no other product like it on the market - Mrs. Fields and Haagen Dazs , eat Chunk n Chips dust!

Geena · Married on 05/29/2016

4.2
      3.5

What delicious cookies and ice cream! The taste is impeccable and when our schedule for the day got a bit pushed back, they adjusted wonderfully. We didn't get to keep as much as I would have liked but it was still amazing none the less!

Sent on 12/08/2016