Christy Loftin Reviews

42 Reviews for Christy Loftin

• Meg

Meg Sawyer · Married on 04/27/2019

Rustic Lowcountry Wedding

My husband and I chose a fairly unconventional, rustic location for our wedding reception. There were a lot of logistical concerns, but with Christy's expertise and guidance, we were able to make our vision come to life. Christy helped us create the perfect ambiance, and she never shied away from a challenge! Christy gets the job done - she hustled like crazy to make sure everyone was where they needed to be and everything ran smoothly. I'd definitely recommend her, especially if you're looking for a special lowcountry experience!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Nathalie Emplit · Married on 04/26/2019

The Wedding Planner of Our Dreams!

Christy went above and beyond the call of duty to make our special day absolutely flawless! In the last 72 hours before the wedding, we were thrown a huge curveball because of the weather, and Christy worked day and night to make everything go off without a hitch. We trusted her completely and she didn't disappoint. She is super friendly, professional, and diligent, and knows the Charleston wedding industry like the back of her hand. We're going to miss meeting with her!!

Sent on 04/21/2019
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 10/12/2018

October 2018 Elopement at Middleton Place

Christy served as the officiant for our elopement and was absolutely fantastic every step along the way. In particular, if I could give her 6 stars on "flexibility," I would. Not only did we initially reach out within just a few weeks of the wedding date, but we also requested some large, last-minute changes to the ceremony THE DAY OF, and she took it all in stride. Thanks, Christy!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Christy Loftin's reply:

Thank you so much for including me in your celebration ! I was so touched by your vows. The love you two share is beautiful ! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness !

Kailey · Married on 11/17/2017

I HIGHLY recommend Christy Loftin! I was stuck in a wedding planning rut attempting to work full time and plan a out of state wedding in Charleston (which was harder than I thought it would be!) when I found Christy and the timing could not have been more perfect. She was so helpful throughout the whole process and went above and beyond to listen to what I wanted and my vision while giving her input with so many great ideas and inspiration. The day of could not have gone more smoothly and left me completely stress free knowing that our special day was in her hands.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Sara · Married on 08/03/2017

Christy was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. We live in North Dakota so our entire wedding was planned online. We found Christy via her website and after our first conversation knew we had to hired her for our day of coordinator and officiant. From the day we hired her she was available any time to answer any questions and assist us in any way.
    Our ceremony was beautiful. It was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. Christy took the time to go over it on the phone with us and then at a rehearsal the day before.
    As our day of coordinator she was thorough, well organized and personable. Her 30 plus years of experience enabled her to give us amazing recommendations (including a great band, caterers, florist, etc). At one point in the planning when I was worrying, she spent more than two hours talking through the entire process, helping me feel completely at ease going into our wedding day!
    The day of our wedding Christy was perfect and full of energy. I gave her a few boxes of decorations, table runners, and favors, etc., and she worked her magic. The entire venue was completely perfect, above and beyond what we had imagined for our day. She did everything and seemed to be everywhere. Our families were very impressed with Christy’s positive attitude, energy, level of service, and care for every detail of the wedding day. I could not have imagined our day with anyone else. Thank you Christy for everything you have done for us and helping make our day so perfect.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Susan · Married on 04/23/2017

Christy performed a memorable interfaith wedding ceremony for my son and daughter-in-law. She connected with the bride and groom immediately. She captured their love story in a magical and special way. We have been to a lot of weddings and everyone said she was so refreshing with her delivery and made the service unique, personalized, loving and unforgettable!!! We are honored and thrilled that she was a part of our wedding!!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Abby · Married on 04/22/2017

Christy Loftin was most definitely one of the best choices I made throughout my entire wedding planning process! Every time I talked with her throughout, she understood what I was saying and provided me with a solution. Her attention to detail is incredible, and it is evident in everything she touches: her checklists, her seating plans, her help in menu selection, photographer shot lists, timelines - every single thing. She went above and beyond, and even helped us with things we didn't even know we needed! It made me feel so calm just knowing I had her on my team. She orchestrated our wedding day with such expertise, my guests even toasted to her at the end of the night! I cannot say enough good things. My family and I were blown away, and you will be too if you have her guidance for your wedding! THANK YOU CHRISTY!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Jill · Married on 03/25/2017

Christy is fantastic! We met last fall and my husband and I knew she was the right fit for us. Christy met with us several times and worked around my crazy schedule at the time to go over anything on my mind. I knew from our first meeting I was in great hands. Her recommendations for florists, music, lighting, and even rehearsal dinner catering ideas were AMAZING. Our Charleston wedding day at The Cottages was perfect and I owe so much of it to Christy. While Christy was not our officiant bc my father in law married us, she was so helpful going through the ceremony during our rehearsal. I received SOOO many compliments from guests after the wedding about how helpful, organized, and great Christy was. She knows how to effortlessly make an event flow and executed it so well for our special day! We love Christy and know we will remain lifelong friends :)

Sent on 04/11/2017

Bekah · Married on 09/24/2016

Christy was always so quick to get back with us by email leading up to our wedding. She was available to do much much more, but we really only needed her as our officiant. But we were so happy to work with her, and we were so impressed with her knowledge of the industry, planning experience, and above all her laid-back (but also professional) demeanor. We would highly recommend you use her for some--or all--of your wedding needs! Thanks Christy!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Gina · Married on 07/01/2016

We originally hired Christy to be our officiant for our July wedding in Charleston. From one phone call we knew that Christy would be a perfect fit for the job. We were looking for someone to customize our intimate ceremony and she was known for doing just that. When we met with Christy in Charleston in November to go over details and such, she was very helpful with much more than our ceremony. We knew she also planned & coordinated weddings, but before meeting Christy we didn't think this was something we could afford. Within minutes of sitting with Christy, my husband and I were asking ourselves, "why didn't we hire her to coordinate our wedding sooner!?". Asking Christy to be our day of coordinator, as well as our officiant, was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made! From that moment forward everything got A LOT easier. We had an expert just a phone call or email away. For the next 7 months she was extremely responsive and helpful! She even met with us again to help us choose our rentals. Christy was an amazing person to have in our corner! Not only did she craft the most perfect & beautiful ceremony that brought tears to everyones eyes, but she brought everything I dreamed about our venue and decor to LIFE. I had so many ideas, and spent months making and crafting and collecting all our decor. We showed up with a truck load of items and a list for Christy so she knew what we wanted to do with it all. Christy transformed the Carriage House at Magnolia Plantation into the most beautiful dream venue- even BETTER than I had dreamed and planned for a year and a half. Christy is super woman! She can do it all. To do this day, I don't know what we would have done if we hadn't found Christy. The biggest day of our life went off without a hitch, and we owe that to her! We are so grateful for Christy!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Amy · Married on 06/03/2016

If you do nothing else for yourself for your wedding - book Christy. She was our officiant and coordinator and was a pleasure from the very beginning. In the planning process she made us so comfortable and offered her expertise whenever we needed. We worked together to create a ceremony we were so happy with, and she offered great suggestions but let us run with it how we wanted as well. On the wedding day, she and her assistant Lindsay took care of every single detail so my groom and I didn't even have to think. I am forever grateful for her and Lindsay because they made our day effortless (though I know they worked their butts off to make it appear that way!). Christy is a joy to work with. I have nothing but endless compliments for her character and work. Thank you Christy for everything!!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Boo · Married on 04/16/2016

Christy is absolutely wonderful. We are so happy she was able to join us on our special day. She brought some new and fresh ideas and know we couldn’t have done it without her. She is a true professional in every sense of the word. Her passion and high standards, coupled with her grace and poise make her remarkable. We’re proud to have had her as our Officiant and Planner, and even more proud to call her our friend.
    - Boo and Brooke

Sent on 04/26/2016

Krysten · Married on 12/11/2015

My husband and I were amazed by the service we received from Christy! She was absolutely amazing! She was flexible when meeting with us. When we met with her for the first time she was so kind, excited, and got to know us well. She was very helpful in showing us how we could make our wedding creative and unique to us. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable, personable, and just the sweetest person. Our ceremony went smoothly without any hiccups,. and we both felt so comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant to help make our day perfect!! Thank you Christy!!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Brittney · Married on 11/07/2015

If I could give Christy more then 5 stars I would! I called Christy a month before my wedding after my officiant fell through. I was feeling overwhelmed by all the last minute details involved in planning a wedding. Christy immediately offered to get involved. I was unable to meet her until a few days before our wedding because I live in another state. Despite that, I was able to put all my trust in her because she made me feel so comfortable in our phone and email conversations. Our wedding rehearsal and ceremony went perfectly. Christy even helped us with set up of our venues. She did all of this for less then any of my friends have paid for wedding officiants. I cannot say enough good things about her! Without Christy, our wedding would not have been as perfect as it was. Thank you Christy!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Christy Loftin's reply:

Your wedding really was perfect ! You & your family and friends are a breathe of fresh air - it's so nice to work for people who are so appreciative - I hope you & Brian will enjoy a lifetime of happiness - I'll mail your vows this week too ! Be well !

Anna · Married on 10/04/2015

Christy is amazing! When I first contacted her, we scheduled a time to meet. She was sweet, professional, and interested in learning about my then-fiancé and I. She sent us transcripts of many ceremonies and readings for us to build our own ceremony or tell her things we liked and disliked and she would put it together for us. Our wedding weekend was unfortunately accompanied by the Charleston "1,000-year flood" and our Saturday rehearsal had to be cancelled. Christy called to check on me and tell me her schedule for the rest of the day in case there was a chance of having the rehearsal at a later time. On wedding day, we had to change venues at the last minute and start the ceremony two hours earlier than scheduled. Christy was great. She read beautifully and made our ceremony comfortable and lively. We were very lucky to have her!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Lou · Married on 09/19/2015

We recently had a destination wedding in Charleston, SC and can honestly say it was a blessing that we found Christy and her team! To say we wouldn't have been able to do it without her would be a huge understatement. I could go on and on why anyone who chooses to get married in the Charleston area should use Christy and Andrea!! I myself have a background in event planning so my expectations were high...she took our vision and made it happen! I was able to enjoy the weekend with family, friends and of course the big wedding day!
    Thank you!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Angie · Married on 08/01/2015

Christy was absolutely amazing! We couldn't have asked for anything more. Our wedding was very small with only had 20 guests. Therefore we did not have a bridal party. There were small things that I didn't think about.. Like who would hold my bouquet during the ceremony. Without hesitation Kristy held it as she did our ceremony so that I could hold hands with my future wife. As we were waiting to walk out to the ceremony I realized that I forgot my bouquet. With no time to spare she ran across the grounds, up two flights in heels to retrieve it for me. She's also apparently a pro at bustling a wedding dress! We had so many opportunities for a disaster to occur, and thanks to Christy our day was flawless!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Christy Loftin's reply:

Thank you so much Angie ! Your day was amazing and I was honored to be a part of it. Best of everything to you both !

Wow where to start?!? I cannot say enough great things about Christy. When we met with her for officiating services we instantly booked her for even design & coordination as well. I could not have done it without Christy. Her experience, resources & contacts alone are endless. She is incredibly sweet & calming. She was there every step of the way from inner envelope issues ( yes that is a thing) to etiquette questions. Christy made sure our day was truly special, one of a kind and stress free. On our big day she kept everyone on schedule & task, which is no easy feat. Not to mention we always had fresh drinks handed to us. Christy not only gets high praises from myself & now husband, but many of our guests. Again not enough words to say WOW & thank you!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Christy Loftin's reply:

The pleasure was all mine ... I loved being a part of your wedding.

Lea · Married on 05/03/2015

We absolutely loved Christy Loftin. She officiated our wedding, and I honestly couldn't have asked for anyone better. Christy was lovely, and helped to coordinate the events of our ceremony. She kept everyone organized and on task. She certainly helped put my mind at ease. She tailored the ceremony to fit me and my groom and was extremely open to my input and suggestions. Christy was very experienced and made us feel as though we were in great hands. I would recommend her to anyone in need of an officiant or wedding planner!! She was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was everything we were hoping for and more.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Jen · Married on 10/03/2014

Christy was hands-down the greatest addition to our wedding team. She was both our officiant & day-of coordinator. There is no doubt that our day would not have gone as smooth without her. As my tears started to get the best of me during my vows, her gentle hand on my arm saying "you're doing great" was so perfect & more than I ever expected. She's genuinely kind, super easy to work with & I would work with her again & again if given the chance. If you are in search of the services she offers, look no further, you found the one to make your day unforgettable!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Kerwin · Married on 05/17/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Christy Loftin as a wedding planner for our May 17, 2014 client. Christy's planning prior to the wedding was impeccable as she provided great details and directions for our Satin Finish Band to rock the house. The day of the wedding, she and her friendly staff were so in tuned to making sure everything was well coordinated for the bride and groom along with everyone else. Our band manager gave her rave reviews, commenting how everything went so well. The results were outstanding as everyone had a blast, and most of all the bride and groom were in marital bliss. Christy is the best at coordinating an event. Thanks! Kerwin L. Felix, KLF Pro Entertainment

Sent on 05/28/2014

Arielle · Married on 04/26/2014

Christy officiated our wedding, and was an absolute joy. She has so much enthusiasm for weddings that you know immediately that you're in good hands. She's professional and helpful, but above all she just seems to love what she does, and it shows. We were so happy to have her as part of our wedding.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • gypsysunset

Rebecca · Married on 04/12/2014

Wow, I can not say enough good things about Christy. She was amazing from start to finish. We got so many compliments from our guest about how wonderful our officiant was and we completely agree. She customized the ceremony to our personalities and helped us through the rehearsal and the wedding. I was truly fortunate to have found her!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Somerset · Married on 03/29/2014

Christy is a life-saver! First, her services are affordable. Second, she knows the ins and outs of Charleston like no one else. Third, her voice and style of speaking and officiating is exactly the sort of vibe one would want at their wedding, she enunciates, has a beautiful accent, and made herself heard by even my hard of hearing guests. She is flexible and creative and kindly took on some of my weird DIY's I had ready to set up the day of (brides - please don't do this to Christy!). Her assistants were also professional and helped everything go smoothly. She made sure champagne was in my hand and that every need and whim was met. It went by so fast but I certainly remember her making sure that nothing was bypassed and everyone at the wedding had a great time. I have also worked with her on the vendor side, when it wasn't my own wedding, and I can say definitively she is a true pro.

I have recommended her to two friends and I know they felt the same way! She made me look good! ;)

Sent on 07/30/2015