Christopher Gendron Photography Reviews

57 | Seattle, WA

57 Reviews for Christopher Gendron Photography

Leah · Married on 08/24/2013

Chris is, in a word, amazing. We just got our wedding photos and could not be happier. He has such a great eye. The photos are so unique and just perfect. Of course we weren't surprised that we loved them, since we also loved our engagement photos. Chris is also just a great guy and awesome to work with - he's super cool and laid back and has a great sense of humor. He immediately put my husband who hates photos at ease. Chris is also the best in terms of value - his packages include unlimited time (other photographers I noticed do 5-8 hours and you have to pay for extra hours!) as well as the engagement session. He was also so flexible on the day of the wedding, able to tell when we needed breaks, and very attuned to certain family dynamics that affected the photos. He was also so quick with the posed bridal party and family photos which was much appreciated. I highly, highly recommend Chris, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/11/2013

Andrew · Married on 08/24/2013

I can't speak highly enough of Chris. He has a great eye, and can set up photos that really pop, and make sure to find textured areas that look great in the background.

His price is way too low for what he provides, especially because he and his assistant stay late, provide the digital copies, and because he is so talented.

He and the Assistant really got every photo that we could have wanted. Every memorable moment was captured.

Really can't speak highly enough about him. If you're shopping photographers, this is your guy.

Andrew Adams

Sent on 09/13/2013

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2013

From the very first conversation I had with Chris all the way through receiving our photo's, disks, proof book, website, etc. - everything I experienced with Chris was above all expectation. He is passionate about giving the bride and groom a very happy, memorable, comfortable photo shoot on their unique special day. When I decided to choose Chris, the deal maker was 2 fold. 1: Great photo's on his online photo portfolio. 2: No time limit on our wedding day. He and his assistant started when I said 'go' and didn't stop until I said 'OK, stop". I didn't have to rush through activities to make sure we got photos. I also didn't have to choose to not get photos of special moments. I knew that was pretty important when I was making my decision. On my wedding day it really came to light how crucial this detail was! It resulted in more happiness in the moments, more creativity around photo shoot settings, and a more calm experience for us and our guests. All of these feelings - paired with Christopher's amazing talent - resulted in, honestly, the most beautiful wedding photo's I've ever seen- and they are my own wedding photo's!! Thank you Chris. I will refer you to every family member and friend who ever needs a photographer!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Chris has such and amazing talent and was able to capture my day so brilliantly. For engagement pictures he put me and my husband at ease and created some beautiful pictures. The day before the wedding, we were setting up at the venue and in walks Chris, just to get an idea of the place and where to take good pictures. He such a professional and leaves no stone unturned! For the day of, he was there bright and early and captured the whole day. Every time I thought, this would be a great picture, there was Chris already taking the picture. I have already recommended him to many of my friends and can't imagine a more perfect photographer!!!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Katie · Married on 08/06/2011

I stumbled upon Chris' website in my seemingly endless search for an affordable, yet modern and creative photographer. Chris was very easy to work with...flexible and accommodating. We chose his "Basic II" package which was essentially 2 photographers (Chris and his assistant) for unlimited time on the day of the wedding and all the digital images for us to keep. We met with Chris a couple weeks before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page regarding the schedule and which specific pictures we wanted. Chris and his assistant were at our venue to start taking "getting ready" pictures at about 10am (our ceremony didn't start until 3pm). They stayed until after our sparkler exit at about 10pm. They were extremely professional throughout the day and kept the formal pictures moving in a respectful way. In the weeks following the wedding I heard from guests several times that every time they thought "oh this is a great shot, I should go find the photographer" they would see Chris or his assistant was already there shooting. Sure enough, when we received our photos (uploaded to a website for us to share with our guests, less than a month after the wedding) they told the story of the day from beginning to end with every important moment captured and a perfect mix of posed, candid, and artistic images (over 2000 pictures!). The proof book and CDs were mailed to us a few weeks later. They came beautifully wrapped and we were pleasantly surprised to see one of our favorite photos of us on the front and back of the book and on the CDs. Many of the images were provided with a variety of effects (black and white, textured, etc.). We are so incredibly happy with our photos and our decision to go with Chris!

Sent on 10/22/2011
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

Chris is a high end photographer, his prices are reasonable, and he is flexible. He is willing to work around someone's budget and finds ways to see where we can cut costs. He is very creative and he makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera because you literally do not know he is even there. He has a way of capturing the moment in a creative, artistic, and moving way. He is always thinking how can we make you look more amazing and let's have fun!! He loves what he does and it makes you enjoy your time with him. He is easy to get a hold of and he is very responsive.

Sent on 04/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2016

1.2
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0
      2.0
      0.5

Our relationship with Chris started out well enough, but he turned out to be one of the most unprofessional, and frankly rude, people I have ever worked with.

We got engagement photos done with Chris, and we shared with him from the beginning that we were concerned about finding angles and poses that were flattering for our plus-size bodies. He was very attentive during the engagement shoot and gave lots of feedback about how to stand, etc. We were very happy with the shots.

When the wedding came around, all of that went out the window. He gave us barely any feedback throughout the day and hardly said anything to us. He even had the audacity to leave our venue 90 minutes early without telling us! When my husband emailed him and politely said we were disappointed in the photos and felt that they were unflattering (especially compared to our engagement shots), Chris responded by saying none of it was his fault. He blamed my husband's "cheaply tailored rental suit" (it was neither cheap nor rented), my unflattering bridal dress and hair, the bad lighting at the venue, my lack of organization and planning, and the stress of the day. He told us we should have consulted him about what to wear ahead of time so we would have looked better in the photos. He finished by telling us that I was never going to like my wedding photos because I have low self-esteem and I was "projecting my poor body image" onto him, and that I couldn't blame him for my problems.

I was absolutely floored by this response. It is unbelievable that a "professional" can take so little responsibility for their own work. He was unsympathetic and flat out rude. He made so many judgments and baseless assumptions about my husband and I, I just cannot believe that he would treat a customer this way. It was disgusting.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Christopher Gendron Photography's reply:

I am sorry to hear that you feel I was not professional. I take pride in photographing every wedding the way it should be captured. Below I am hoping to address your concerns:I arrived on time to your wedding and exited after your bubble exit at roughly 10 pm. I captured images from every event of your day, over 2400 images. I am disheartened to hear you feel I was not giving you enough direction. I visited your venue the week before the wedding to scout the best locations for photos. Throughout the day there were many occasions where extenuating circumstances, that you didn't mention in your review, forced me to stop taking photos and the mood of the day was interrupted. I apologize if you felt this impacted my ability to do my job.
    I know how important your wedding is in your life so any email where a client is not happy is difficult to receive. In your email you mentioned many points where you were not happy. In response I stood behind my work 100% and took the care to respond in the most honest way possible to each of your concerns. Unfortunately you didn't respond to my email in an attempt to work through your concerns. Instead you took my words out of context and added falsities and placed them in this review. I can clearly see you did not understand my intent and for this I am sorry. In your review you say "He told us we should have consulted him...". This is not the case as at our initial meeting I told you I was happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your wedding, both the photography and anything else related to it (whether that was dress, caterer, details, etc.) as my 15+ years of experience has provided me with vast information to give. I am sorry you're unhappy with your photos. I stand fully behind my work. I have attached a link to a sample of photos from throughout your day to support that.
    Chris