38 Reviews for Christopher Gendron Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Albums (1)
Proofs (1)
38 Christopher Gendron Photography Reviews

Having Chris as our wedding photographer exceeded all our expectations. We just got our wedding photos back and they are so beautiful! In addition, he was a useful person to have around during the wedding to show us how to pin on a boutonniere and sign a wedding license, etc. He was notably good at keeping large groups of (drinking, if not drunk) people on track for the family photos. He also offered us an engagement photo shoot where he showed exceptional stamina, taking our pictures for hours in the woods until we were completely satisfied (exhausted). This is the guy you are looking for, and his rates are better than several other photographers we shopped in the Seattle area. Just look at the pics!

Profile Picture Alex, 3/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Extremely professional and outgoing, he is the whole package. He's comes in with a plan and is also spontaneous and goes with the flow. Would love to use him again!

Profile Picture Brian, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Chris is and how grateful We are to have received his recommendation by a former coworker of mine. He and Lacey captured the most beautiful (small and big) moments of every aspect of our big day. In less than 10 days we received our beautiful photos from Chris, and we could not be happier with how they turned out. He is AMAZING, so easy to communicate with and knows exactly how to pose you and prep you if you aren’t great at taking pictures (like us!). Thank you SO much!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What can we say about Chris other than he is incredible at what he does. I met with a few photographers leading up to the wedding, but he was the only one who came completely prepared and seemed truly excited about his work. We did an engagement shoot with him and it was a really great way to get to know him better, and his style – he is VERY good at making the two of us, who can be awkward in front of a camera, very at ease and got some incredible shots. Throughout the lead-up to the wedding day, he was probably the most responsive vendor we had, always patient with questions that came up or changes in schedules. But, the most important part, the day of – he and his assistant were truly amazing. They were everywhere throughout the entire day, but you would hardly even know they were there! They captured every moment from start to finish in such a beautiful way, and we couldn’t be more grateful. These are pictures we are going to look back on for the rest of our lives, and they perfectly capture our day. Not only was he great on day-of, but he turned around pictures SO quickly! My husband and I have said many times that we think the best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing Chris, so we couldn’t recommend him highly enough.

Photos
Profile Picture User7368435, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

I cannot recommend Chris enough! From our very first meeting I knew we made the right choice. His knowledge and experience was a huge help in planning our wedding day and he had some great suggestions for some absolutely gorgeous locations for our photos. He went above and beyond to get some truly amazing photos. We never felt rushed because he gives you unlimited time (most other photographers have a 5-6 hour time limit) and he was willing to go to other locations to make sure we could get every photo we wanted. Chris and his assistant were constantly taking pictures and were able to beautifully capture every moment. We received our photos very quickly and they are honestly all amazing! We had a fantastic experience and I would absolutely highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My cousin referred us to Chris when we were searching for a wedding photographer. After our first meeting, we didn't even want to meet with anyone else, even though he advised that we should look around before making a decision. Chris is down-to-earth, friendly, professional, and so talented. His communication was thorough and he was always timely in his response.

He spent almost 2 hours with us at Discovery Park making the hike down to the beach, and letting us make the decision of when we were ready to be done with the engagement session. He made us feel comfortable when we were incredibly awkward getting used to taking photos like that. On the day of the wedding, Chris arrived at 9:45am at my parents' house for our Chinese Tea Ceremony, making a good amount of conversation as we were getting ready and shooting photos along the way. He also made the best use of time as we arrived at the ceremony/reception venue, getting photos of the dress and rings while we were getting things set up. He and his second photographer made great use of time throughout the night all the way until 11pm closing time, and we were so happy with the outcome of our photos. We were also impressed by such quick turnaround time in getting both our engagement and wedding photos back. We would highly recommend hiring Chris for your photography needs.

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The only problem with Christopher Gendron Photography is figuring out which photos you like the best because they're all amazing! Not only are the photos great, Chris himself was very flexible throughout the entire process of engagement photos (and having to reschedule several times due to weather) up through the day of the wedding. He is a great resource of knowledge when planning the wedding day timeline to ensure you are left with every photo you desire. We are thrilled with our photos and so happy with Chris and his beautiful work. He was able to see beauty in and around old barns at the farm where we were married and truly captured everything about the day and made it even more beautiful in the photos. We highly recommend Christopher Gendron Photography! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Haley, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was amazing!! We picked our wedding date based on his availavility and I was not disappointed. Our photos are incredibly beautiful and Chris was easy going, professional, and in general awesome. My husband and I were not the most enthusiastic or dedicated wedding planners and Chris had great suggestions and instructions for us (and probably patience ha!). Communication was great, he was timely and kept to the schedule, put us at ease etc etc. We also had our engagement photos done by Chris which were also beautiful and really good practice. I'd highly recommend that package. Chris's assistant was also wonderful. Our guests liked her a lot.
We received our photos quickly. Out of the thousands of photos he took I probably didn't like a handful of them, and I'm not usually great at posing for photos....so I was impressed. They were truly beautiful. Also he tolerated our ridiculous "have the dog in the wedding and half the photos" request so what more can I say! ;)

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Proofs

Our experience with Chris was amazing! My husband and I absolutely LOVE our wedding and engagement photos. During both the engagement session and the day of the wedding, Chris made sure to cover all the pictures we wanted and brought plenty of his own ideas. His calm demeanor, attention to detail, and professionalism created an environment ideal for natural looking pictures. He is very familiar with many local venues, and, during our first meeting, discussed pros and cons to the venues we were considering from a photography standpoint. Throughout the ceremony and reception, our guests remarked how unobtrusive Chris was, but also noted he seemed to be capturing everything going on. The hard work he and his assistant put in resulted in wonderful photos of not only the bride and groom, but all the wedding guests as well.

Profile Picture Teresa , 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had such a great experience with Chris Gendron as our photographer! He was extremely responsive and professional, and his pictures turned out absolutely amazing. He really exceeded expectations on all fronts - we could not be any happier with our choice. We can't recommend Chris Gendron enough!!!

Profile Picture David, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files

The most difficult task for us was to find a good photographer. We were so lucky to have Chris.
He was very professional and experienced. He responded to our emails quickly and worked with us to plan out the day. He was also very helpful with the day timeline. He provided invaluable advice as to timing, explaining how much time was needed for different types of pictures. I’m happy that I listened to his advice because it really made the whole day smooth and just perfect.
On the day of the wedding he came to the venue early and found the best place for our first look and family photos. He was able to capture our wedding day and highlight all the right moments.
We got our photos very fast and couldn’t be happier with them, they were phenomenal! He and his assistant were able to capture such amazing footage that I did not know was possible.
Chris has made our memorable day last forever with the images he captured!!

Profile Picture Olga, 4/28/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images

Chris was an exceptional photographer to work with this past summer for our wedding. He is beyond professional and personable which made it so easy to have him photograph our wedding. He listened to everything I wanted for in our pictures and created something even better than I had imagined. His artistic perspective gave many of our photos a unique look and he also captured the traditional photos I had wanted. During the wedding and reception itself, Chris and his assistant did a wonderful job of staying hidden, yet somehow took photos of things I did even know were going on. I have received all of my photos in a book with our photo on the cover, a thumb drive to save them on computers, and access online to share with family and friends. On top of his beautiful pictures, he also knows that many people have budgets to stick to. He had packages for a great price compared to other vendors who don't offer half of what Chris can give. I highly recommend Chris for any photographs you are looking to have taken because I could not be happier with his work! Thanks Chris!

Profile Picture Laura, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Booking Chris as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made. From our first meeting, Chris's down to earth and professional energy put us at ease, and we loved that we would have full rights to all of our photos. We also really appreciated that he was willing to travel to Whidbey Island for our wedding with only the ferry cost as an additional fee (other photographers we'd considered wanted to charge us a large travel fee).

We had been advised early in our wedding planning to select a photographer carefully, because having great photos of the best day of your life is invaluable. We want to reiterate that advice for other couples, because it's so true! Your wedding day will fly by so fast, and when you're so "in the moment," it's hard to fully take in everything that's happening around you. Thanks to Chris, every special moment was captured perfectly, and now we have literally thousands of amazing photos to help us remember and celebrate our big day.

We are so glad we hired Chris and wholeheartedly recommend him to other couples! Thank you so much, Chris!

Profile Picture K, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Chris was an amazing photographer. We knew right away after our first meeting that he was the photographer for us, it helped that he used to be an engineer and my husband is an engineer as well. We felt so relaxed when he took our engagement photos. He made sure we acted like ourselves and it showed in the photos. We ended up with so many engagement photos we were able to use a bunch of them in an album as our guest book. We got Chris and his assistant the entire wedding day. They both fit in so well with our friends everyone was laughing and being silly. He got the photos back to us so quickly and they look amazing. I can't believe two people were able to so perfectly capture our day. I high recommend Chris as a photographer.

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We were so lucky to have found Chris! he was super chill, made us feel comfortable. He was very professional and got to know us as he took the pictures and started bringing out our little habits and used them in the pictures. That was just for the engament photos the wedding ones were out of this world amazing! He captured the most amazing moments of that day. As most people who have been in a wedding it's hard to see all those moments because you're so busy talking and greeting guests, so it was nice to be able to look back at them and laugh and even get emotional. We will defiantly want him to capture other moments to come like kids! Thank you so much Chris!

Profile Picture Yashira, 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My personal & professional background is in the arts & design, so a photographer was my second most important decision of the wedding after the venue, and yes, before the dress. (A good photographer makes you look good!) Chris was recommended to me by my friend who used his services at her wedding. Chris & I met in person about 10 months before my wedding to talk shop and I got a good vibe from him. I always go with that. And his policies and price point matched what I wanted.
He was easy to get along with and contact, and professional in his communication throughout the whole process. On the day of, he guided us through all our poses/shots at our first look. Him & his assistant then got to the venue before us and covered literally everything. One of the most impressive thing that I and my guests noticed was that they were practically invisible. Super ninja like! My husband & I got back SO MANY photos 2 weeks post wedding and we didn't even know most of them were taken. The photos are top quality and we look amazing in them. Best investment of the wedding!! Highly recommended! A+

Profile Picture User5522875, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

We're extremely satisfied with our decision to have Chris photograph our wedding. We liked how the engagement shoot was included with unlimited time the day of, and how he captured the happiness of each wedding while some photographers showcased more dramatic "edgy" moments. Chris was easy to work with, responsive to our emails, flexible, and reasonably priced.

At the engagement shoot and the wedding, he made us comfortable and captured our natural poses. Two weeks after the wedding, we could download our photos, and six weeks afterwards, we received the photos on a DVD and a photobook with all of the photos. We thought it was quite nifty that we could hide photos we didn't want to share with out friends. Overall, Chris was great to work with, and we loved the photos he captured.

Profile Picture User7077654, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We are so happy we went with Chris and his assistant Hannah for our wedding day! Photography was in the top 3 of important things for us for our wedding day on June 4th and Chris and Hannah went above our expectations. He was funny, personable yet professional and extremely knowledgable in his craft.
We weren't able to do an engagement shoot which was included in the package due to us living in Chicago. I admit this made me nervous but after 5 minutes with him it didn't even matter. He is amazing at what he does and the proof is in his photographs. His artistry speaks for itself through his photos and we will definitely use him and his team again in the future for any family events!!

Profile Picture Alexx, 6/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is amazing!!! We could not be happier with our wedding photos!! He did an incredible job capturing the natural beauty of the day, the love and emotions, and then the fun on the dance floor. We opted not to get video, but we can relive the magic of the day over and over with his artful photos that captured the spirit of the event at every moment of the day.

We loved how laid back and relatable Chris was, while also being extremely professional. He showed up for our first meeting early and extremely prepared. He was very honest with his opinions on different options, even when it didn't serve his profits.

He was very straightforward about the pros and cons of my desire to not have a "first look" before the wedding, particularly with respect to the sacrifice we would need to make to quantity of pictures together or time at the cocktail hour. In the end, we did decide to forego the first look so that we could have it as I walked down the aisle. But, we also wanted to make sure that we didn't spend too much time with pictures after the ceremony so that we missed out on spending time with our guests at the cocktail hour. Chris put up with my micro-managed schedule and helped us make it all work. He was amazingly efficient while also ensuring that we had some special moments together before joining the group. We were able to get a ton of beautiful pictures of the two of us in a few different spots along with the pictures we wanted with our families. And we stayed right on schedule and finished the posed pictures in time to enjoy the cocktail hour.

The candid photos are just as beautiful as the posed ones, and the biggest problem we have is that there really aren't very many bad pictures-- it makes it hard to narrow down! ;-) We've got lots of beautiful smiles and laughs, tears of joy, and crazy moves on the dance floor.

And you can't beat the price combined with the fact that he does not impose a time limit with his standard price.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Chris went above and beyond on our expectations for a wedding photographer. He is extremely professional and made us feel very comfortable in front of the cameral. Going into it we were both nervous about being in front of a camera, but Chris helped us feel more at ease with having pictures taken. He is extremely easy to connect with and really captured our personalities well. He has no restraints on time or location and this allowed us to capture every detail our special day from beginning to end. He has an amazing eye for setting up the photos and helped us a TON with organizing our day-which took away a lot of the stress of the wedding day. We couldn’t begin to say how much we LOVE our pictures and how perfectly they tell the story of our wedding. Every photo is truly amazing and he gives you rights to all of the photos he takes and makes it extremely easy to access through a digital album. We can’t stop looking at them and couldn’t be happier! We highly recommend Chris for your photos and would definitely love to use him again for our future photography needs!

Profile Picture Tessa, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Chris is not only a great photographer but true professional. His work speaks for itself really. He was available to us anytime if we had questions or concerns the months prior to the wedding. He arrived before the time frame we set up on the big day and will stay the whole time until the finish. He does not do photography by the hour! It is one fee and it is worth it! He is also a funny guy and we were immediately comfortable in front of the camera.

Profile Picture annie, 9/4/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

We are so incredibly happy with the service Chris provided us! From the minute we met with him, a year before our wedding, he was thorough, friendly, and made us feel like we would be taken care of.

1. As an anxious and often restless bride, I was very relieved to find that he was very quick to respond to any questions I had through email.
2. His pricing is very affordable for the service you are getting. ~1.5 hours for an engagement shoot, unlimited time on the day of the wedding, and rights to all the photos.
3. On the day of the wedding, Chris and the second shooter helped us coordinate the first look and really went above and beyond by transporting my husband and I to the ceremony. He helped us ahead of time by estimating how much time we'd need for the first look/family photos and our pre-wedding activities went smoothly because of that!
4. The photos are absolutely wonderful! He caught so many moments that I didn't know about and all the things that I wanted to remember are perfectly captured. We had some rain during the ceremony and he somehow made the photos look amazing with the natural light.

As other customers have mentioned, we have the rights to all the photos. I cannot emphasize how important that is to my husband and I! We have over 2,000 from the day and can easily download them from the link provided to us. This has made it so easy to work with our parents to put together wedding albums.

I highly recommend Chris as your wedding photographer! You definitely won't regret it. :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/26/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Chris Gendron was the perfect fit for our wedding photography needs--I'm so happy with our experience! I first found his work on Yelp and his artsy style caught my eye. When I reached out, he responded quickly and brainstormed with me some fun places around Seattle to shoot photos (both at a gorgeous park and in downtown). He met with us two days before the wedding to take couple photos (not traditional, but worked better with our schedule) and we had a great time going to beautiful places to shoot. On our wedding day, Chris was efficient with the family/friend photos, and worked extremely hard during the reception to get flattering shots of everyone. He has an exceptional eye for angles, lighting, and for capturing the moment. We couldn't be happier with the final images (over 2,500 digital photos over the two days). We went on a month-long honeymoon right after the wedding, and Chris was fine with getting paid right when we got back. I am the third girl in my family to get married, and my mom said that Chris was the best wedding photographer of the three, perhaps the best she's ever seen. He's awesome, and I definitely recommend him.

Profile Picture andrea, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Chris was beyond wonderful! Our wedding and engagement pictures were amazing. From the very beginning when with met with him we knew he would be a good fit to be our photographer. He is easy going, flexible, patient, talented and his work is amazing! We also got our pictures within 2 weeks from our wedding. I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Claudia, 5/16/15, 2 Reviews