Christine Cater Wedding and Event Floral Design Reviews

22 | Carmel, CA

22 Reviews for Christine Cater Wedding and Event Floral Design

Alexandra · Married on 08/12/2016

Christine and her team are the most amazing and talented wedding and event floral designers I have ever encountered. In my initial meeting, I described the theme I was looking for and Christine was able to perfectly transform my vision. Leading up the wedding, Christine was easy to get ahold of and even reached out to my venue's coordinator to make sure everything would go smoothly for the big day.

Everything was absolutely perfect on the day of my wedding. Christine hand-delivered my bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid bouquets to the bridal suite and made sure we had everything we needed before the ceremony. As we moved down to the ceremony site after pictures, I was blown away by the beautiful arrangements & alter display that Christine and team had put together. The cocktail area and reception hall arrangements were even more breathtaking, and Christine surprised me with a wonderful flower table runner that covered the entire head table.

Every detail was thoughtfully executed and I honestly could not have asked for anything more. I highly recommend Christine Cater!!

Heather · Married on 10/17/2015

Christine was a delight to work with! The flowers were my favorite part of my wedding day! She sought out the most beautiful and perfect flowers imaginable. Everyone was blown away with the presentation. My bouquet was fabulous, the arch was incredible and the centerpieces and mantle presentations were breathtaking. I have several friends getting married this year and the first thing I tell them is "see if Christine Cater is available!!"

Rachel · Married on 09/19/2015

I had the most gorgeous flowers at my wedding all thanks to Christine. She was fantastic at taking my ideas and making them a reality. All I had to do was share a few pinterest photos I liked and she made them even more beautiful in person. They were exquisite! My wedding would not have felt so romantic without those flowers. #stellardreamteam

Sandy · Married on 05/17/2014

We got married in Big Sur, and our wedding planner Diane recommended that we have Christine do all the floral work. We weren't sure what type of flowers we wanted at the wedding but we did have an idea of the color scheme and the mood we wanted to portray. We gave Christine the palette and talked to her about who we were and what kind of wedding we wanted, and let her take point from there.

It's hard to put into words how beautiful and perfectly she designed all the flowers at the wedding. When I saw the final product (floral arrangements, bouquets, table decorations, dessert table, wedding aisle) I was blown away at how exquisitely she captured our taste and personality. She was creative in her use of colors and types of flowers, and her flowers literally made an already gorgeous venue even more amazing.

She's super fun to work with and worth every penny!

Tara · Married on 01/11/2014

Christine is one gifted lady!!! My flowers (bouquets, table center pieces, etc) were a total dream!!! Christine delivered far beyond my expectations!! She is the best of the best.

Allison · Married on 10/19/2013

Working with Christine and her staff was easy and enjoyable. They were so creative and listened to everything that I wanted. I can not thank them enough!

Sandy · Married on 09/07/2013

Christine did an AMAZING job on the flowers and decorations at my wedding in Big Sur on 9/7/13. I knew nothing about flowers and Christine somehow helped to create my dream wedding! All of the flowers were beautiful and unique. People are still commenting them! She really listened to what I wanted in terms of colors and theme creating wonderful bouquets and centerpieces. Christine is very professional and you can tell she really puts her heart into every client. She went above and beyond, very impressed!!

Vanessa · Married on 07/27/2013

I can honestly say that there are no words to describe how impressed I was by the flowers that Christine Cater put together for my wedding at Holman Ranch. They were done with such elegance and class, and all the while keeping with the theme and exactly how I envisioned them to be. She took spaces and truly transformed them. I was complimented on the arrangements all day and cannot wait to see all of the pictures! There was not one detail that was overlooked. I would recommend her services to anyone and feel completely confident in doing so. Her ability to incorporate what we wanted (deer antlers) into some of our arrangements and have them still look so beautiful made our whole wedding theme come alive!

Tina · Married on 06/02/2012

Christine is a true artist! I loved all my floral arrangements for my wedding, and she truly is an amazing vendor to work with :) My caterer recommended Christine to me and I am so glad I got the chance to work with her - our first phone conversation lasted 2 hours! I had the best time talking to her and we totally clicked - she really listened to my wishes and thoughts, asked me all kinds of smart detail questions, and was really amazing to work with. Most of our communication was through email (which she is very prompt with) and I met her assistant Giulia at my walk-though (I liked her a lot too!) On the day of wedding, everything looked AMAZING - I loved my bouquet and everything else they created for me - my purple and white theme was perfectly executed and so lovely - all the flowers were perfect! Christine and her team are so professional, so thoughtful, and you will get wonderful flowers from them - they truly love weddings and know what they are doing!

Janet · Married on 10/01/2011

Certainly Christine's arrangements were beautiful, and absolutely perfect for our setting, but what also impressed me was her ability to truly listen to my daughter and me. Many times vendors listen to a client, but don't hear anything! Christine absolutely heard our requests and responded perfectly. Her creations were amazing and her demeanor was professional. She was terrific and I highly recommend her. Look no further!

D · Married on 10/01/2011

I thought Christine was SENSATIONAL!! She was the best vendor with whom I interacted during my entire wedding planning process. She is incredibly responsive, flexible, etc. I was very particular with what I did and didn't want and unfortunately flowers were the last item on our agenda and our wedding was already way over budget. Christine was extremely understanding and honestly I couldn't have envisioned better flowers/chuppah etc with all the money in the world! It was perfect:).

Ann · Married on 10/12/2010

I loved working with Christine. She is incredibly gifted at what she does, is helpful and well -knowledgeable of prices in the area of flowers, and is really willing to work within a brides budget!! I would recommend her to anyone! My flowers turned out exactly as I always dreamed! Thank you!

Simone · Married on 10/10/2010

Christine is a very talented professional and a master at her craft. She was an instrumental part of event team and a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to work with her again.

Christine · Married on 10/02/2010

Christine Cater does truly amazing work! She is a pleasure to work with.

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2010

Style, chic, romance, laughter, fun, classy, and cool are some of the words I would use to describe Christine Cater Wedding & Event Floral Design.

I'm a creative person and had a specific idea of what I wanted, but she took my ideas and made them even better than I could have imagined. She added all these special little touches and details I never thought of. When I was planning my wedding, I didn't realize how much the flowers would add to it. It's hard to put into words how special the flowers made our wedding.

Another aspect of Christine's planning process I liked was everything was very clear and she listened to what I wanted. She gave me all the options and helped me work with my budget.

Thanks for Christine's creativity, fun ideas, and awesome personality, this was one of the best parts of the event. Besides getting married of course!!! :)

Kristina · Married on 12/05/2009

We were a destination wedding so Christine and I worked via the phone and email. She was excellent...in fact, I made a change just a few weeks ahead of the wedding and her flexibility was great. She did exactly everything I could have asked for and more. I had 3 young girls in my wedding and she made small bouquets and hid lollipops within the bouquets for the girls (a sweet surprise).

I would recommend her to anyone seeking flowers for a wedding or special event. I had many guests comment on how beautiful her work was and the smell and freshness of the flowers. her creativity was wonderful...

Kathryn · Married on 08/08/2009

My husband and I were married in August of 2009 at Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley, California. Holman Ranch is a gorgeous private estate with breathtaking views and all the charm and romance one could wish for on their wedding day. Christine Cater from At the Heart of the Matter was on the Holman Ranch recommended vendor list, and after working with her, I can understand why. Christine is energetic, friendly, and very professional. She is easy to communicate with and always quick to respond to any questions or concerns. It was obvious to me, even after only our first telephone conversation, that she had a lot of experience and knew the flower business. Since I didn’t know exactly what kind of flowers I wanted to have at the wedding, I described my dress and the bridesmaids dresses to Christine as well as the way I wanted the wedding to look and feel. Immediately, she began suggesting flowers and color schemes. She sent me multiple pictures and examples of her work and she even took the time to go through an item by item checklist of things that we might need flowers for – things I hadn’t even considered. Best of all, she sent me a quote that was within our budget (and even better – she stayed within that budget)!

I can’t even begin to describe how thrilled my husband and I were with everything that Christine and her team did for our wedding. BEAUTIFUL! She far exceeded my expectations and I had guests asking me if they could hold my bouquet just to look at and smell the flowers. Guests were even snapping photos of the different arrangements. The flowers were fresh, full, and beautiful and all the special extra touches just made the day that much more perfect.

I highly recommend Christine Cater and At the Heart of the Matter for all of your flower needs!

Jonathan & Lia · Married on 10/03/2007

At the Heart of the Matter did such an outstanding job with our flowers. The occasion couldn't have looked any more beautiful, intimate and romantic than they made it. They perfected each one of our requests to a T and the results were amazing. Not only did the guests compliment the decor, the Manager at the restaurant where we held our reception said that it was the prettiest that they have ever seen the room decorated. The flowers added to the overall ambience of our wedding and came out beautiful in the pictures and video.

Christine and her assistant were great to work with. Very professional and prompt. The pricing was also very competitive. I would use At the Heart of the Matter again in a heartbeat and definitely recommend them.

~ Jonathan & Lia

David · Married on 07/09/2016

Christine and her team were absolutely delightful to work with from start to finish. Her creative genius is truly unmatched!! Christine worked closely with me and my husband from very early on, always listening carefully and collecting little bits of information about things that we liked... we were blown away when we saw the finished product. Everything that she did for us, from the boutonnieres to the banquet tables, were STUNNING. We've heard from many of our guests that it was the most beautifully decorated wedding that they had ever seen. We felt the same way! It's clear to me that this is not 'just a job' for Christine; designing beautiful weddings is her passion in life. We're so grateful that we had an opportunity to work with her.

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2011

Christine Cater is such a wonderful florist. She really took all of my ideas ( as jumbled as they might have been) and created and unforgettable and stunning floral story for my wedding. She is very professional and has an attention to detail that i adore! She is also one of the nicest people i worked with during the wedding process.

Kirstin · Married on 07/03/2010

Christine was amazing to work with. She met us at the venue and immediately understood our vision for the feel of the event. Eventhough we are not based in Carmel, I felt completely at ease with Christine.
    We had a unique idea for our seating cards where we wanted to provide each guest with a small vessel or jar with a single flower and their name on a tag and their table name on the back. This required months of collecting (instead of recycling) all our (& our friends) peanut butter and jelly jars, but in the end, Christine picked up all 60 vessels, took them to her studio to fill with a beautiful variety of flowers and then brought them back to the venue and set them up on the reception table. It was breath taking as our guests entered and it looked even better than I could have dreamed. Thank you, Christine!

Jorie · Married on 08/23/2009

I worked with At the Heart of the Matter from across the country! I was planning a wedding that was going to be in Carmel, CA from Chicago. I only had 3 months to do so. It was a small wedding of 50 people. I had a specific budget to work with, but a decent budget. Christine was perfectly professional every time we spoke or emailed. She provided with photos of exactly how my flowers would look and even through in some new ideas. She had very little direction from me and somehow from speaking to her, she was able to listen to my vision and create it. She was wonderful and kind. I would recommend her and this company to anyone. Cheers!