Christina Gillon Events (formerly Fete Weddings & Events) Reviews

56 | Destin, FL

56 Reviews for Christina Gillon Events (formerly Fete Weddings & Events)

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2012

Christina helped plan my sister and my wedding! From the very start, she was wonderful! I can not say enough good things about her. She is alway extremely organized, creative and professional. She is fun to work with too! She helped to keep me organized and never stressed. She took care of way more than I could have ever imagined. I had the absolute wedding of my dreams and I owe so many thanks to her for that. It poured on my wedding day, but she pulled everything off and kept me at ease. Her time lines and checks lists are great too! I would have forgotten so many small details if it wasn't for those. Kim, Christina's employee, is also great! She has the best personality and is so sweet. Between Kim and Christina, my wedding day was so perfect. Christina is the best wedding coordinator out there and I recommend her to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Jenny · Married on 03/17/2012

I can not say enough good things about Christina! She is organized, excited and professional. I had the best time planning my wedding with her! I had the wedding of my dreams and never felt stress of it and that is saying a lot because mid way through my engagement year, a vendor that I had chose before I hired Christina fell through (they doubled their price) and Christina not only got me out of the deal with my full refund, she also had a new venue and all the details redone in no time. What having a planner like Christina did was it allowed me, my mom and MOH to focus on the fun personalized details- we made signs for the reception and planned the ceremony exactly how we wanted, made personalized welcome bags, etc. Christina allowed wedding planning to be a fun and joyful experience! She has a time line and check list and things are done a month before the wedding. So the whole week of the wedding as guests were coming into town, I was lying on the beach and by the pool just enjoying the time with everyone! She took all my visions and desires into fruition. She introduced me to other vendors that were compatible to my vision and budget. I can not recommend Christina enough!

Allison · Married on 11/05/2011

Having Christina plan our wedding was the best decision we could have made for our wedding (besides saying "I do", of course)! Christina is extremely professional, personable, sincere, and attentive. She really went above and beyond our expectations, and handled everything with such great quality, professionalism and attention to detail. She always had our best interests in mind when meeting with vendors, and never strayed us in the wrong direction! Her recommendations were spot-on, and her experience and familiarity with the 30-A area was extremely helpful in our wedding planning process. Christina made the whole experience much simpler and smoother than I thought it would be, probably because of all of behinds-the-scene work she was doing.

Our big day was exactly what we wanted, and we were able to focus on each other, our families and friends the day of the wedding rather than all of the little details. And we had such a blast at our own wedding! You would not believe all of the compliments we received on the food, decor, the band, the little details, and the entire experience - all recommended and coordinated by Christina!

I also must mention that she made us feel like we were her only wedding she was planning at the time, even though I know there must have been 10 others on her plate then - she was very responsive via email and phone calls, and was great at following up! Just what the bride needed to put her mind at ease. :)

Sent on 04/05/2012

Kathleen · Married on 09/10/2011

Christina with Fete Events was everything we could have dreamed of for a wedding planner. She was creative, insightful, professional, lighthearted, fun and displayed excellent taste. She knew how to find the best vendors and choreographed the most beautiful wedding on Rosemary Beach. My husband and I (and our families) are grateful for Christina and her service. Thanks

Sent on 04/08/2012

Sanford · Married on 07/15/2011

Fete Weddings and Events helped me plan a surprise 15 year vow renewal on the beach. My wife and I live several states away and Christina was wonderful. She made all the right suggestions for the event, the dinner and other items. It was flawless. Christina has the right contacts and vision to make any event a truly memorable experience. All the guests commented how fantastic this was.

Sent on 04/05/2012

Abbey · Married on 06/18/2011

Fete Events was absolutely wonderful. I hired Christina for week of services and she really went beyond. I had a vendor go missing - and she rescued me with a backup and assisted with all of the little missing items that I forgot. She was also very on point running the rehearsal and making sure everyone was in place on the Wedding day. I have told everyone I know considering an out of town wedding - that a local coordinator is a must and I can't think of a better one than Fete Events! Thank you Christina - I was always be a reference for anyone with any questions.

• Christine

Christine · Married on 05/07/2011

Christina at Fete Events was a huge reason our big day ran so smoothly and was such a big success. We heard of her through a family member who knew she "did weddings" but not much else. We had no idea at the time what a HUGE asset she'd be. We hired her for planning hours before the wedding as well as day-of services and our money was very well spent. Her vendor suggestions were awesome and she was always there when we needed her. Many guests on the wedding day commented on how smoothly things ran because of she and her assistant and how hard they worked. Look no further for a top of the line coordinator who will listen to your needs and help you acheive the kind of day you want!

Sent on 05/15/2011

Lyndee · Married on 05/07/2011

Christina was an excellent wedding planner. I was referred by a friend & she made all the difference on how my wedding day went. Her & her staff handled everything & I didn't have to stress or think of anything except being a beautiful & having a blast. Eveyone at the wedding complimented us on how much fun & stress free it was. Thank you to Christina, Kim & Vicki for all that you did to make that day the most memorable day of our lives.

Lisa · Married on 10/16/2010

I could not have pulled off the perfect wedding without Christina. She was such a blessing and I would highly recommend her to anyone. She was the perfect wedding planner and I would not have changed one aspect of the whole process. Perfection!

Sent on 12/01/2010

Renee · Married on 06/12/2010

Christina is a class act! She was available at any time that I had a question and was extremely organized. I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Haley · Married on 06/05/2010

Fete was most importantly very responsive to our specific requests and always very professional.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Ashley · Married on 05/22/2010

Christina is absolutely wonderful to work with. She has impeccable taste and works within a budget. We had the most perfect wedding and it was because we trusted our wedding planner and took her advice on everything!

Sent on 11/12/2010

Kathy · Married on 05/15/2010

I was absolutely satisfied. Their service was the best present I could give myself in planning our daughter's wedding. I would/will highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Lindsey · Married on 05/09/2010

Christina could not have been more professional or on top of things. She had every detail under control. She exceeded all of our expectations of what we would find in a wedding planner. Absolutely fabulous, we could not recommend any one more.

Sent on 05/21/2010

Tori · Married on 04/17/2010

Christina with Fete Weddings & Events was absolutely wonderful to work with. She not only provided wonderful ideas but also listened to me and what I wanted for my wedding. She was always available to work through ideas, vendor questions or just listen to this bride vent:-) She did a wonderful job providing great vendors to partner with for the wedding. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and would not have been that way without Christina! She was not only my wedding planner but also became a friend throughout the process. I would definitely recommend Fete Events!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Amy · Married on 01/16/2010

Fete Weddings and Events was one of the easiest companies to work with. I never has a doubt in my mind that something was not going to get done. They even calmed my nerves when the weather changed the plans of the outdoor beach wedding. I will recommend them to anyone having a wedding in South Walton Beach.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Skye · Married on 10/17/2009

Fete Weddings and Events was the best decision I made as far as planning my wedding. Christina is professional, kind, and hard working. She was always available when I had any questions or concerns about our big day. She also has impeccable taste, pays attention to detail, and knows how to handle difficult vendors as well as situations. Fete Weddings and Events also handled the day of our wedding with ease. All of the details were taken care of and I was never bothered with any issues that arose. Thank you Fete Weddings and Events!!!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Holly · Married on 10/10/2009

Where do I start with the fabulous Christina of Fete Weddings & Events?

When I first started in the planning process (from Chicago to Seagrove Beach mind you) I had limited resources in finding the best vendors in the area. I also never even considered the need (or had budgeted for) a planner until my caterer insisted I needed one. I was overwhelmed at the thought of having to find one, not to mention working it into my budget. Luckily they recommended Christina and I knew the second I talked to her that I would hire her. She is more than willing to work with you on your budget and she has this knack for just 'getting' brides in all of our stressed chaos and detail obsessiveness!

Christina really is the most personable, patient, knowledgeable, timely, resourceful, professional, stylish and savvy vendor I worked with throughout my year planning process. Not only is she uber-skilled at her profession, she has an inherent ability to be the bride's day-to-day girlfriend which made the most exciting year of my life even that much more special!

As with any wedding, unforseen changes and issues can come up and Chrisitina was able to trouble-shoot and solve problems successfully all while maintaing a sense of calm over me and whatever the situation was. I would have never pulled off a perfect event without her, nor would I have enjoyed the process so much without having her as my 'right-hand' throughout the whole year. She's a class-act planner and still a great friend even months after my wedding. I couldn't recommend her enough! We heart you Christina!
    -Holly & Rob Iglinski

Sent on 12/09/2009

Shelley · Married on 10/03/2009

Christina at Fete Weddings and Events was truly my life saver during the whole wedding planning process. She helped to make my entire wedding weekend perfect and allowed me to sit back and not worry about a thing! I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a wedding planner in the 30-A area!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Kay · Married on 09/18/2009

Christina you are the greatest!

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner this past year. We would have been lost without the help of Fete Weddings & Events (Christina) for our September 18th ceremony.

We thought we could take care of everything ourselves but quickly learned that planning a destination wedding was next to impossible. We happened upon Christina and Fete Weddings completely by accident. We were just about to sign a contract with another planner from the Destin area when we came across Fete. After talking with Christina we knew immediately that she was the right planner for us.

Fete Weddings was more than willing to work with our budget and was happy to make any adjustments we felt necessary! Christina made our lives so much easier and we will never be able to thank her enough for all she did. She handled just about everything for us (even the last minute stop to purchase bags of ice on the way to the house the day of the wedding). They say that a wedding planner is there to do the worrying for you...and that is so true! Christina handled everything and made our special day one that we could truly look forward too without any last minute worries. She made herself available when we needed her (morning, noon, night) even with the hour time difference. She never let us down and if you want someone that will stay on top of your vendors...she is the best.

Most of all we feel that we have developed more than just a business client relationship. We truly feel that we have developed a friendship that will last for many years to come and we can't wait for her to plan our next big event (even if we live 8hrs away)!

Thanks to Christina and Fete Weddings for making out special day the most spectacular day of our lives! It truly couldn't have been more perfect.

Shelia & Kay Kuykendoll-Hudson

Sent on 10/01/2009

Sandra · Married on 07/26/2009

Highly recommend, very helpful always returned calls promptly, Wonderful suggestions for vendors, went above and beyond what was expected!!!

Diane · Married on 07/24/2009

Christina was a lifesaver! I knew it from the moment I first talked with her on the phone. She allowed me to call her at anytime to discuss any questions I had. She made me feel very comfortable about it all. Every vendor or other lead she gave me was perfect. I learned to just go with whatever she suggested because she knew her stuff! The week before the wedding when I met with her she had a few last minute detailed questions. By this time I was done planning, all I wanted to do was enjoy myself after a year of planning, on the beach with no worries. She could see the glazed over look in my eyes, and told me she'd handle everything, which she certainly did! She dealt with the caterer and rental provider so that I didn't have to even think about it. And to put the cherry on top- I realized on the DAY of the my wedding that I could not find my veil. She offered me hers, and I graciously wore it the entire night. That's going way beyond her job description. She even carefully and calmly cleaned my dress after a groomsman sat down beside me and splashed balsamic vinaigrette all over my dress! Christina was a lifesaver, and I would highly, highly recommend her to the world!

Bob · Married on 07/24/2009

Other than the bride and the weather, the most important single reason the rehearsal dinner and wedding were such a success. Christina and her assistant Kim took care of everything, thought of everything - not one glitch. She even provided her veil (something borrowed) when we couldn't find the real one.

Erin · Married on 06/06/2009

Christina was amazing to work with!! She suggested excellent vendors & made sure all the details & timing of the wedding & reception were perfect! Christina is very genuine & friendly, so it was a fun & pleasant experience to talk to her about the wedding plans, & she was always available if i needed help or had a question or concern about anything. On the day of the wedding, I didn't have to worry about anything! She made sure everything was running smoothly, & she was so personable & good with my bridal party, my family, & even helped out with my nephews & my puppy on our wedding day! We all loved her!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Amanda · Married on 05/16/2009

Fete Events was such a wonderful choice we made. Christina is the best wedding planner ever! She took care of everything we could of asked for. I don't know what we would have done without her. I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 06/23/2009