Christa Rae Photography Reviews

71 | Annapolis, MD

71 Reviews for Christa Rae Photography

• Rebecca

Rebecca A. · Married on 10/17/2020

OUTSTANDING- one of the best decisions I've made

I knew that the photography was going to be very important to me when I first started planning for our wedding and booking Christa truly exceeded my high expectations for beautiful images. Christa did photos for our engagement as well as for our wedding and she was truly exceptional. Not only are the images she shot remarkably beautiful but she was a BREEZE to work with. When other vendors would take days to call or email back when I asked a question, Christa would respond in minutes. She was professional and clearly very organized which made the wedding day photos run smoothly for all the many people involved. She had an impeccable attention to detail while also being personable and laid back with my bridal party. I know we will cherish these images from our engagement session and our wedding for the rest of our lives. I truly can't recommend her highly enough. From start to finish, hiring Christa was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren M. · Married on 09/19/2020

Best wedding photographer!

Christa made my husband and I feel so comfortable from the very beginning. She traveled to D.C. to shoot our engagement session, which was included as part of the wedding package. Christa was always very responsive and most importantly, incredibly flexible when we had to change our wedding plans due to COVID. On our wedding day, she stayed past her end time to shoot our surprise late night pizza food truck and sparkler exit. Her partner, who shot most of the groomsmen photos earlier in the day, made an immediate connection with the guys and made them feel super comfortable during the photo shoot. I'd recommend Christa to anybody for any special occasion. She was wonderful and we will always have amazing memories from our wedding because of her!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Maria

Maria T. · Married on 08/07/2020

Amazing wedding photographer!

Christa did an AMAZING JOB capturing our wedding day memories and fun-filled excitement! She was extremely easy to work with, she was prompt and professional, and she made us feel at ease throughout our day! We highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Corinne C. · Married on 02/12/2020

Perfection!

Christa was so professional and wonderful to work with! She did our engagement photos, wedding photos and now creating our wedding photo albums. She beautifully captured our day and we are so grateful she was our photographer.

Sent on 04/09/2020

Mike · Married on 01/25/2020

Would recommend to anyone!

Christa is an incredible photographer and we are so happy we booked her to capture our wedding and engagement photos. My wife and I weren’t quite sure what to expect taking a bunch of intimate photos in front of a stranger, but Christa made us feel comfortable and like we were with friends. We are the most impressed with all of the small moments Christa captured of our friends and family. She was super prepared, having our timeline down to the minute, and was flexible when things inevitably changed during the wedding day.

She was very quick to respond to our questions and usually got back to us the same day. We received a sneak peek within 24 hours of the wedding and engagement shoots, and had over 1000 photos of the wedding within two weeks! We have been recommending her to all of our friends getting married in the area, you are in good hands with Christa!

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 11/16/2019

I will recommend Christa 1000 times over!

Christa was our very first vendor that we booked. She would always answer all my questions so quickly, she was essential in helping me create a timeline for the wedding day, and she made us feel on top of the world. From the very beginning we had Christa climbing onto of crazy obstacles and standing in the freezing cold for us. She did all of that with the biggest smile on her face. She made sure she captured the best photos for us. We really felt like we made a friend out of Christa, someone we will always cherish for being such an ESSENTIAL part of our wedding. The engagement photos were absolutely fantastic and the sneak peeks that we received already were breathtaking. Please do not look any further, Christa is the photographer you need for your wedding. Once you book with her, you do not need to worry about anything else. She was the ONLY vendor that I could say that for! Thank you Christa!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Christina Herndon

Chriatina · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing wedding photographer!

Christa was one of the first vendors we booked for our October wedding and we are so happy we did! From the very beginning, Christa was extremely responsive and professional. She would answer all of questions within minutes and made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire planning process. Before the wedding day, Christa called us to go over the logistics of our day to make sure everything would run smoothly. On the wedding day, she was organized, energetic, and knew how to get things done with a tight timeline. One of the best things about Christa is that she seemed like more than a photographer to us! Not only did she take flawless pictures, but she made sure that our day ran as smooth as possible and that we were able to take in all of the special moments. Christa is absolutely amazing and we would recommend her to any engaged couple!!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Summer

Summer M. · Married on 09/14/2019

Married on 9/14/2019 :)

Christa is an absolute gem. She was so amazing to work with -- kind, caring and professional. From our engagement shoot to the wedding day, she was integral in helping to make sure our day went off without a hitch. We had a LOT of family and friends to capture in our photos but Christa handled it all so seamlessly - something we look back on our big day and smile about. Every single one of our photos came out absolutely beautiful. We cannot imagine our day without Christa and her talents! Can't wait to shoot with her again one day :) Thank you Christa!!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Megan · Married on 08/18/2019

Amazing!!!!

Christa was a joy to work with for our wedding! She went above and beyond and was always so quick to respond to any questions/emails we had. On the day of our wedding,, she was amazing! She kept us on our timeline day of our wedding but we never felt rushed. She photographed our wedding by herself and she worked so well with our videographer. We received our wedding album.. and honestly I don't know how she captured all of the moments so perfectly! We were watching the video footage from our wedding and we realized how quickly Christa had to react in some moments to get the best picture... and she did just that! My husband and I are so impressed with the fact that Christa was there for every moment and the pictures really captured our personalities. It was a pleasure working with her and we are so very grateful for all of her hard work!! The photos are amazing and it is so nice being able to relive the day by looking at the pictures. I would recommend her to everyone and anyone in the area!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 08/17/2019

Working with Christa is a dream!

Christa was one of the first vendors we booked and we could not have been happier with our decision. She was very responsive and helpful during our planning process and for the day of our wedding at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation. She was fantastic during our engagement session that we did in Downtown Annapolis and was very patient with having our two dogs join in the photo shoot. She is a true professional and it is amazing to watch her in action . She is very passionate about what she does and I do not know how she does it all so gracefully. We had a super hot August day and both she and the second photographer took it all in stride and always with a smile. They were able to get so many amazing shots during getting ready, our first look, the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had many people in our wedding party and other guests commenting on how awesome she was - she remembered everyone's names and captured all of our favorite parts of the night. Her attention to detail is impeccable and she was very helpful with keeping our day on track - even making sure we got some special photos of just me and my Husband before the sunset. She also was able to provide a sneak peek the day after our wedding so we could see some photos before we left for our Honeymoon. Now that we have our full wedding album back, I am obsessed with all of the photos. The hardest part will be picking out our favorites to print! I am enjoying looking at every single one and seeing the ceremony and reception details, formals, family portraits and all of the candid action to relive our most favorite day! She made us all feel really comfortable with this whole process and I highly recommend hiring Christa. I sincerely hope that we can work together again for any other photography needs in the future.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Carmen

Carmen R. · Married on 07/26/2019

Christa is AMAZING!!

Christa was absolutely amazing. She is the kindest person and the BEST wedding photographer you could have! I still look at my wedding photos every day because I am just so obsessed!! Christa made sure my day went smoothly and I had nothing to worry about. It was like she was a second wedding coordinator. She even took a bobby pin out of her own hair to fix mine and make sure it was perfect! You are in great hands with Christa, she is the best!!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Sabrina L. · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible Photographer!

Christa is an amazing person and photographer! It is evident she loves what she does. From the start she was very easy to communicate with and continued to be whenever a question popped up. She created such a comfortable environment with engagement photos! On the wedding day she was nothing shy of amazing. She adapted well to the (100 degree) weather and stayed so positive for us. She was super open and accommodating to special requests. We worked with a second shooter who was also incredible. They were both so fun to work with, but also extremely skilled and professional. Our guest have commented the most on how amazing our photographers were. They were so involved and captured so many special moments! We couldn't be happier will the photos we received!

To add, we did get married at the Naval Academy and Christa was extremely familiar with all the rules and restrictions. We felt so confident having her. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2019

Highly Recommend ~ Nothing short of Amazing!

Christa was amazing throughout the whole process. She answered questions I had throughout the journey. When she showed up for the wedding she was well organized and ready to hit the ground running. She was very sweet and professional. She made taking pictures easy and didn't waste any time. She was all over during the reception making sure to get all sorts of shots. My husband and I loved working with her. What we saw so far is amazing and cannot wait to see the rest!! I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie C. · Married on 06/29/2019

Incredible!

Christa Rae Settle is the BEST photographer. She is so calm, easygoing, happy, positive, and professional. She gets along with everyone, and handles family dynamics well. She was very approachable when we had questions, never making us feel like we were asking too much. She also is such a talented photographer, capturing all of the moments and emotions of our special day so perfectly. We loved her natural, genuine style of photography. Our photos turned out too good to be true! We would hire her again in a heart beat, and hope to have her photograph more special moments in our lives! Can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Photographer!!!

Christa did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos. We got married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club and Christa knew all the best angles and lighting to make the pictures perfect. We are so happy we chose Christa to be our photographer. She always responded very quickly to our emails and questions and was a delight to work with the day of the wedding. Our family and friends will cherish these pictures forever. Thank you Christa!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2019

We loved working with Christa!

We loved working with Christa! She is sweet, professional, and very talented! From emails and phone calls, to our engagement shoot, to the wedding day, working with Christa was great. Our engagement pictures and wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful! It is so hard to pick favorites because they are all stunning! She is very cool, calm, and collected and made sure we stayed on schedule and got all the pictures we wanted. She made us feel very comfortable. Even my bridesmaids couldn’t help but comment that day of how great she was. One of my bridesmaids has been in quite a few weddings recently and she said that Christa was her favorite photographer she has worked with!

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 05/03/2019

Hire Christa Now!

“One of the easiest decisions that we made regarding our wedding plans was to choose Christa as the photographer for our wedding! We were terribly impressed with the photographs in her portfolio but her background in photographing and capturing such incredible moments at concerts and live music performances convinced us that she was the perfect shooter for our special day. We had a terrific initial meeting with her and told her that we wanted her to photograph our wedding before it was over. In addition to how easy she made the whole process of planning our shoot, she was also enormously helpful in planning several other aspects of our wedding, even recommending some other vendors that we ended up using. On the day of our wedding, we did a first look and Christa created some gorgeous shots of us at the Maryland State House, on Francis Street, Main Street and at the City Dock. She did a wonderful job of making the process easy and fun! Once we were at the venue, she faded into the background to capture some wonderful moments during our ceremony and then did a fantastic job of corralling family and friends for some beautiful portraits just outside our venue, the Powerhouse Building on West Street. Once the Reception began, she was capturing the more significant highlights of the evening while also discovering a lot of smaller, more intimate moments between us and our closest family and friends. We were very impressed when we saw the preview shots that she sent us the week after our ceremony. This couldn't begin to prepare us for how astounded we were with the quality of the pictures we saw once she had completed her editing process! We have already looked through the album multiple times and it has been like reliving our wedding day all over again! We were beyond pleased with the spectacular job that she did in documenting the most important day of our lives and have already discussed working with her again!”

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Photographer!

From the moment we met Christa and went through her portfolio to getting a sneak peak of pictures the day after our wedding, we were absolutely thrilled with her professionalism and amazing work. Christa took amazing picture of us and our dog at both the engagement shoot and wedding. She was also very patient with our friends and family that were always missing when needed for pictures. You will not be disappointed if you choose Christa. We received over 900 pictures from our wedding day about two weeks after the wedding and we are having a very hard choosing which pictures to print or make albums with because they are all perfect moments from our day.

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Drew

Drew J. · Married on 03/05/2019

Hire Christa now!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth G. · Married on 12/29/2018

Best Photographer!!!

If you’re in search for a photographer look no further! Christa Rae is the complete package! My husband and I were stationed in San Diego for most of the planning but from the beginning she made us feel at ease and confident that no matter how the day turned out she would deliever truly fantastic and beautiful photos. The moment she arrived, her professionalism and positive energy created such a natural and at ease environment for not only my husband and I but also the entire bridal party! Christa took all of our ideas and made every one of the happen (even if it meant walking around Downtown Annapolis on a beautiful crisp Saturday=a lot of tourist). Her turn around was unbelievably quick and the quality of the photos were superb! A 100% you will enjoy every photo!

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Lily

Lily · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Photographer, Great Photos!

Christa was such a pleasure to work with and we were totally at ease with her throughout the whole process for our Annapolis wedding. Most importantly, the photographs are STUNNING! Thank you again, Christa!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Photographer and Amazing Person!

Christa far exceeded our expectations for a wedding photographer. She was very organized before the wedding and very accommodating. I loved working with her on our wedding day! She kept everyone focused and on time. Christa is a sweet person and extremely good at what she does. I was very picky about my photography vendor and have absolutely no regrets about Christa. Her portfolio, along with her amazing personality, make her the perfect photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Heather · Married on 09/22/2018

Christa is simply amazing! She is organized, so prompt with communication, and dedicated to capturing the best photos! I never once saw her sit down at our wedding. In fact, at one point she stood on a chair just to get the best shot. Christa is the sweetest and so easy to connect with. She did the photography at my sister's wedding and we absolutely loved her that we booked her right away for ours. Her photos are very natural which I love. She has a photography timeline which helps keep the day running smoothly and on time. I emailed her a few sample pictures of shots that I really wanted, and she was very accepting of that and made those shots happen on our wedding day. She posted a sneak peek photo the very next day which is awesome! Since our wedding was on my in-law's property, I knew it was a venue she had never seen before, even though she is from the area. So she came over for a site visit before the wedding just to walk around the property with me and figure out where the best place for photos were so we weren't scrambling to figure it out the day of the wedding. She even drove us about 3 minutes down the road to take more photos during our cocktail hour of where my husband and I met. She really just wants to best for you and will do anything you want. I am so happy we picked Christa for our wedding photographer and can't wait to see all the photos soon!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Mary · Married on 08/24/2018

We have absolutely loved working with Christa! She is wonderful, so responsive and thoughtful, and of course the pictures are all gorgeous!!! Christa worked with us to schedule our engagement shoot and was so helpful in making sure we got all of the shots we wanted in our pretty tight schedule (we had a packed night!). Christa captured all the fun of our reception, beautiful night shots and so much of the ceremony and decorations that really just passed me by on the day since it's such a whirlwind. I would highly recommend Christa to anyone looking for a wonderful, talented photographer!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Julie · Married on 08/04/2018

Christa is absolutely amazing! She was our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. She is so great to work with and is so responsible, organized, creative, and sweet! She was so efficient in getting our photos back to us and her communication is great. I couldn’t be happier with her work and couldn’t reccomend her more!!! Thank you Christa for capturing our perfect day!!

Sent on 09/14/2018