Chris Howard Imagery Reviews

29 | Roseville, CA

29 Reviews for Chris Howard Imagery

Emily · Married on 01/06/2018

Words cannot express the emotions I felt looking at the amazing, artistic photographs Chris Howard created for me and my husband. He was responsive, professional and has an eye for beauty. We shared the same vision that we wanted to not only capture the day and take the regular compulsory photos but create art that would last a lifetime. Wow did we succeed. You will not go wrong working with Chris, he will listen to your needs and take your ideas and the feel you want and conceptualize them for you. I wish I could have had a whole day just traveling around and having photos taken with Chris that's how much I loved working with him and the quality of the photos I received.

Dena · Married on 06/10/2017

Working with Chris was a pure joy. He is such a kind warm spirited soul with an amazing talent at capturing moments. He took our engagement photos and was our wedding photographer as well. Without a doubt would recommend him to friends and family.

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2016

Chris was a fantastic photographer for us! we did our engagement shoot and wedding photos with him and we could not be happier. It was raining up until the wedding ceremony and he was able to get the most beautiful pics. Our wedding was obviously very special to us and we completely made the right decision to have Chris Howard capture those memories for us.

G · Married on 12/20/2015

We just received our wedding photos from Chris Howard, and think they are absolutely fantastic. We searched for a long time to find the right wedding photographer and we wanted to find someone that had the ability to capture the emotion of the event in a beautiful manner. When we looked through Chris’s portfolio we found his pictures not only aesthetically pleasing, but we felt as if we were physically there at the events he photographed because he captured the reactions, the excitement, and the emotions that flow through a wedding.

Our wedding was quite tricky to photograph because both the ceremony and reception were held indoors at the Westin St. Francis. Compounded by the fact that it was also rainy and cloudy made us concerned that our photographs would be dim and lackluster due to the lack of natural lighting. Chris is talented at what he does because our photos turned out wonderful - very radiant and lively.

Chris’s style of photography is journalistic, so even though he shadowed us around all day and night we felt in our natural state in front of the camera, and he was able to capture very touching moments. He is talented in both candid and posed shots, and does a good mix of both.

Chris sent us our photos in two increments - one set of photos Chris handpicks to edit, and another set of photos contains all the originals. Chris took over 2,000 photos, and we really liked having both the edited photos and the original photos. When we looked through the photos, we were astounded at all the numerous moments Chris photographed. We felt as if he was superhuman in some way, running from room to room, always being right there when something important was to happen.

Not only is Chris Howard talented at capturing moments, but also is extremely nice, and passionate about what he does. A family friend also photographed the wedding and Chris was extremely patient and courteous the whole time. We would love to work with him again.

Eric · Married on 07/25/2015

Chris Howard did the photography for both our wedding and our engagement shoot. He is a very laid-back, yet professional worker. It was very easy to act naturally around him, and he was very good with staying out of the way of everything, yet somehow was able to capture every moment from the wedding. His photography and editing skills are top-notch, and we were happy with every photo we have seen so far.

We ended up having a phone conversation during the week leading up to the wedding, where we discussed the different shots we wanted, the overall schedule for the wedding, etc. Chris is very meticulous when it comes to making sure he captures everything you want from your event. This was very much appreciated, and we were confident and at-ease during the wedding. To be honest, I only really saw him once during the ceremony, yet he was able to capture all of the important shots we wanted.

Overall, we would highly recommend Chris for any photo needs (he also does family portraits). Great job Chris, and thank you again for all of your great work!

Carla · Married on 09/20/2014

Chris was absolutely fantastic to work with. He always responded quickly to any inquiry and took the most amazing photos for our engagement photos and wedding photos! Everyone I have shown our photos to has raved about them and we can't wait to have our wedding album made to show them all off. Thank you so much Chris for doing a stellar job for our big day!

Jacky · Married on 05/25/2014

Chris from the get go was so wonderful. We were lucky enough to have happened upon Chris when researching photographers on Yelp and he was the first we went to meet. Upon ending the consultation we decided he would be the last, we had found our photographer. He was very professional, accommodating and understanding, and provided helpful insight along the way.

The day of the wedding he was literally everywhere at once. Even our guests have been acknowledging how wonderful he was. We had a few scheduling blips and he still managed to get the shots he and we wanted.

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 12/28/2013

Completely loved working with Chris! He is down to earth and makes you feel comfortable when taking photos. Since my husband I dont live in the Sacramento area, Chris was really flexible with us when we needed to take our engagement photos as well as meeting up with him before the wedding. He was really easy to get ahold of through email and phone, could not have been any better. He really takes his job seriously and wants to make sure that you have the best shot, which the pictures we have from our engagement shoot are amazing!!! His work is incredible and I cannot wait to see what our wedding pictures look like. If you want a photographer who is down to earth and really works with you to get the most amazing photo, go with Chris. You will NOT be disappointed!

Navera · Married on 11/29/2013

Chris Howard is your man for photography.

After searching for over four months and meeting with multiple photographers, I met with Chris. His professionalism, huge amount of talent, and amazing passion for his work immediately won us over! Despite never having photographed a Pakistani wedding before, which hosts tons of color and drastically different traditions as well as three separate events, Chris was knowledgeable, on point with his suggestions for poses, lighting and balance. His incredible flexibility with our religious and cultural requests was deeply appreciated and really allowed my family, my husbands family, and the two of us to be completely comfortable and happy; resulting in incredible photos!! He also does brilliant editing/photo shop to a final selection of photos and turns them into works of art.

Chris has that magical touch you want for something as special as a wedding. His photos were beyond our highest expectations and will last as a lifetime of beautiful memories for us.

Emelda · Married on 08/16/2013

Chris Howard exceeded our expectations for our wedding photos. We are soooo pleased with his wok. All I our family and friends have commented on our photos by saying... "Gorgeous" your photographer did an awesome job.
    He has been such a pleasure to work with. So calm and down to earth, he just made us feel very comfortable and relaxed.
    Put it this way... We are and older couple and it shows in many ways, so I was worried about how we would come out in our photos. But Chris made us look really beautiful and elegant. All I can say is Chris Howard was the best choice as far as photography goes. I can't be any happier! Thank you Chris!!!!!!

Chris is an amazing photographer!! My husband and I both love his style of photography and the way he used natural sunlight to provide great shots for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He had so many different photo shots and allowed for us to provide input on the style we were looking for. He was so flexible and understanding with our input, which really made this an amazing process. I couldn't have imagined working with any other photographer.

And, you get so much for your money! When searching for photographers, I couldn't believe the quality and content I was getting for the price!! Our final wedding album is so beautiful and the little extras that Chris creates are beautiful as well. I absolutely love the calendar and parent books. Also, when you order larger size photos of his shots, you really get to see how beautiful his work is.

Not only is Chris' photography style beautiful, but his calm personality and direction was perfect! My husband is not the type of person that gets excited about taking photos, so I needed someone that would make him feel comfortable. This was true for both him and his groomsmen! Amazing photos that were both candid and structured. They turned out amazing and my husband thought Chris was awesome! He finds ways to get great photos and you don't even notice he is there.

We plan on using Chris in the future for all our family photos! I wouldn't give my business any where else. I so recommend Chris if you want quality photos that are both beautiful and affordable.

brenda · Married on 05/31/2013

My husband and I hired Chris Howard for our wedding and we are so happy with our experience with him. Our pictures turned out amazing! We met 3 photographers altogether and we were so much more impressed with Chris' work over the others. We felt like you could actually feel the emotions in the pictures, something we didn't see in the others. Chris was really great to work with. He was down to earth and friendly and genuinely a good guy who cares about taking amazing photographs for you. You realize that this is not just a job for him; he is very passionate about his work and knows what he is doing. He knows how to frame a shot and use lighting to capture striking photos. Starting with our engagement shoot, he made us feel relaxed and comfortable and our pictures turned out great, even though my husband and I are both awkward in front of a camera!

On the wedding day, Chris arrived early and ready to go. He set up our "first look" and got some great photos of us seeing each other for the first time. When I look at the pictures, I feel that special moment again. Chris was a real pro all night, making sure to get photos of every aspect of our special day, without being too intrusive and in the way. The pictures of our ceremony turned out gorgeous as well as all the ones throughout the reception. Not only did he edit hundreds of photos for us, he sent us a USB drive with over 1,000 more in a custom case. We were able to see all the things we didn't get to see on the day of, which is so great. I have pictures of all the details, from the cake, flowers, centerpieces, to my friends and family dancing the night away. My wedding day was truly the best day of my life and having so many beautiful photographs will ensure that the memory never fades. If you are searching for a photographer, I would definitely recommend you give Chris a call. Once you meet him and see his work, you will definitely see what we saw and want him to capture your special day as well!

Stacey · Married on 05/18/2013

Chris is amazing! Super easy to get along with, extremely professional and love his creativity. He took our engagement photos and just did the pictures for our wedding. I couldn't have asked for anything more and would love to use him in the future for anything else we can! Great job Chris and thank you again!

Throughout our acquaintance with Chris, he has been respectful and responsive. Because he had never worked at our venue before, he took extra time to investigate the grounds to ensure that he could do the best job possible. At our wedding, he was prompt, courteous, and even stayed late in order to capture our changes of scenery. He had a way of "blending into the background," so as to not to interrupt our event's flow, while never-the-less capturing our most memorable moments. We would receommedn him to anyone planning a wedding in the Sacramento area!

Chris was AWESOME! He has been a pleasure to work with since day 1, always very responsive and easy to get ahold of. During the wedding (and planning), he was very professional and attentive to what my wife and I wanted. All of our pictures turned out incredible and Chris did a great job capturing all the beauty and emotion of our day. Also, he has an art background so the album he puts together at the end is amazing. We would recommend him to anyone, without hesitation.

Jonathan · Married on 11/03/2012

We are very thankful to have chosen Chris Howard to take our engagement and wedding photographs and we highly recommend him. From the beginning, we were impressed that he was willing to make the drive from the Sacramento area to San Francisco just to interview with us. We loved how the sample pictures he showed us were taken in a spontaneous way such that each image seemed to tell a story.

Chris gave us a call a couple of days before the wedding to run through everything and make sure that all the details were sorted out, such as schedule and the pictures that we absolutely wanted to have. On the wedding day, Chris showed up early and fully prepared. While Chris was photographing the bridal party's preparation, we hired one of Chris' assistants, Aaron Guzman, to photograph the men getting ready and also to provide additional coverage at the wedding. We were equally satisfied with Aaron's work, as he took outstanding photographs and helped to make everyone feel more comfortable.

For the wedding ceremony, both Chris and Aaron did a great job of balancing the task of capturing all of the important moments while not getting in the way of the proceedings. The most important evaluation came once we had received the pictures. We are so impressed with the results! Seeing the pictures brought back all of the memories from the day and also showed us many things that we couldn't see at the time because we were so caught up in the events of the day. Chris' style of photography does a fantastic job of telling the story of how everything unfolded. After receiving the digital images, we worked with Chris to create our wedding album. The composition is very well done and the quality of materials in the album that Chris uses is top-notch.

We highly recommend Chris Howard. We are impressed with his professionalism and his great talent for photography. Most importantly, thanks to Chris we have beautiful images to help us remember our big day for the rest of our lives.

Victor & Shayne · Married on 09/01/2012

My wife found Chris Howard Imagery on the internet and immediately after our first meeting with Chris, we knew he was the one we wanted to shoot our wedding. Chris was very friendly, the cost was reasonable, included an engagement shoot and most importantly we really loved his work.
    Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with. We did not feel like we were just another number or client. From the first time we met with Chris (over a year prior to our wedding) through the months following our wedding, Chris was very professional, patient, reliable and responded promptly to our emails/questions. What we loved about Chris' images was that they were not the same old boring, staged, portrait style photographs. Chris images are artistic, natural and far from boring! In fact, one of Chris' images from our wedding was chosen to be on the cover of a bridal magazine....NO, my wife and I are not models!. Chris is an artist who has an absolute passion for his work. We definitely would not hesitate to hire Chris again.

Rosemary · Married on 06/03/2012

This is worth the long review -- believe me!

TALK ABOUT AN AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER/ARTIST AND EXPERIENCE! Wow! Chris has seriously blown my mind with his professionalism, artistic eye, affordability, and talent to make everything so smooth.

My wife and I chose Chris as our photographer for our wedding and everyone wants to know who this guy is that produced such magical photos from our big day. When we hired him over a year ago, he had just recently started his own business going solo so we didn't have a whole lot to go on besides his photos and a few reviews. And my gut -- and boy did I choose well!

He has several "packages" to choose from, varying in time, end products, and price obviously. You can also add on certain items like Italy-bound photo albums (great gifts for parents/family). Part of the package we chose (maybe all of them had it - can't remember) included an engagement shoot which was perfect for our save-the-dates and also just to get to know him and more importantly for him to get to know us. He quickly picks up on personalities and captures moments that are unique to the couple. My wife and I are very quirky and goofy and we had such a fun time showing that in our photos. He sent us a CD (and rights) to a huge number of photos from that day (like hundreds??) and then he also edited/touched up a bunch of his favorites. (The unedited ones were still great too though.)

So then the wedding day came. Again, he was just too perfect. He was friendly, professional, and captured the greatest moments but was not in the way at all (that sounds kind of bad, but on your wedding day, you really don't want people bothering you). He traveled to 2 locations to capture me getting ready with my crew and also my wife getting ready at the hotel. He offered great advice about timing and arrangements for photos and followed through with all of my wishes.

My wedding was 1 month ago and he already sent us a link with over 300 edited images that best tell the story of the day. He's sending those and the other 2000 or so unedited images (and rights) in the mail. It was truly magical looking over these photos and reliving the day -- we remembered great moments and also saw the wedding from a different perspective. He somehow captured extremely creative angles, motion, the fun and the sweet and love...

I 100% recommend him for anything you need photographed. He's more than a pleasure to work with. (And LGBT friendly) Thank you Chris for making our wedding last forever!

• X

Xochitl · Married on 05/26/2012

Chris was fun to work with. He’s an easy going photographer, fully capable of pleasing any bride! He is very professional and responsive over both email and phone. His work is great! I would recommend Chris to every bride out there. I myself am considering using his services in the future for family pictures. Thank you for all your hard work Chris! – Xochitl & Tony

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2011

Anyone considering getting married in Sacramento needs to hire Chris Howard as their photographer! At of our many beloved vendors, Chris was our favorite. We were instantly drawn to his photos and the immediately apparent artistic ability and passion Chris brings to every single wedding. Neither my husband, nor I were too excited about getting our pictures taken for 8 straight hours at our wedding, but we viewed as a kind of a necessary evil. We are both used to spend many more hours behind books and computers at work and school and not in the center of attention. Chris made it so easy, he immediately understood our style without asking and knew that we wouldn’t want any of the cheesy pictures that are so typical in weddings today. All of our pictures from our wedding and engagement session turned our amazing!! We love them all! There are so many things we love about our pictures that its hard to point just a few, but we will try. Chris gives you all of the pictures he takes, every single one. I think we ended up with 1,800 or so pictures from our wedding. Which is great for sending pictures on email and burning copies for everyone and deciding which prints you want and how many et cetera. However, it was also amazing to compare the edited and unedited pictures. This is where you will really appreciate having Chris as your photographer. He takes the pictures and turns them into something magical, without making you look over edited. I don’t know how he does this ( I have no artistic ability), but I’m pretty sure he’s a photo magician. Also, the pictures are in themselves, both unique and traditional. I don’t know how to explain them without showing the pictures. But everyone loves them. Our mothers and grandmothers are happy because they have the traditional feel to them, but we also love them, even in our desire to get away from the staid and suffocating confines of traditional weddings.

Overall, my advice is to not even considering hiring anyone else. Chris’ photos are beyond amazing and he is a really cool guy who we enjoyed hanging out with. Do it! Book him before he becomes too popular and is booked every weekend of the year!

John · Married on 07/17/2011

Chris was AMAZING. We heard about Chris through a referral, and when we met with him initially we were thoroughly impressed with his preparedness, professionalism, knowledge about photography, and passion for his craft. A few weeks after our initial meeting we had our engagement photos. Chris successfully captured everything we wanted with them. He was then lightning fast in getting us our proofs and some printed copies of the engagement photos. Finally, the wedding... we could not have asked for a better person to capture the essence of the day. We shot photos in MANY different locations and lights with both natural and formal stances. We were still on our honeymoon when Chris informed us that the first round of edited photos were on his website! Chris' prices were the best around and his quality of service would be nearly impossible to match. We recommend Chris with the highest of confidence!

Preston · Married on 06/18/2011

I can't say enough about Chris Howard and the service he provided. From the very first meeting my wife and I had with Chris Howard Imagery, it was obvious that he truly enjoys being a photographer and wants to do everything possible to make sure his clients have a fantastic experience. His willingness to negotiate price was very fair, and the value we ended up receiving was second to none. Initially, we weren't very interested in having an engagement session, but we are so glad that Chris suggested it. The session was already included in the package price, and Chris suggested it would be a good "trial run" and a way for the three of us to interact prior to the wedding. What a great idea! The photos were amazing, and we ended up using so many of them for Save The Dates, wedding invites, and the slideshow at the wedding.

Prior to the wedding, Chris Howard Imagery contacted us in advance to confirm times, be aware of the morning plans, and talk about how, where and when we wanted to take some of the formals and important pictures the morning of the wedding. They were so on top of it. Things flowed swimmingly all morning long, Chris stuck to the amount of time we wanted to spend on photos after the ceremony, and we entered the reception right on time. Chris was also extremely willing to do whatever it took to get the best shot without interfering at all. Many of our guests commented on how polite and hard working he was.

Last but not least, the wedding pictures he provided us were amazing! The editing and work he put into each photo was flawless, and it truly is amzing how much time he spent to make sure we received a high-quality product. Not only did we receive hundreds of edited photos, but Chris also provided us with a disc of over 2,000 photos from our wedding day. We couldn't be happier with our entire experience with Chris Howard Imagery! The finished product and value speaks for itself.

Rachael · Married on 05/21/2011

If i had to recommend ANY photographer out there it would be Chris Howard. Chris is not only professional but personal. Planning a weddding can be a bit stressful when you have no idea what you are doing, I was told to go 101 different ways with photographers, however I was so glad I had a friend who highly recommended Chris. My husband and I decided to use Chris to photograph our "BIG DAY" and our engagement pictures. When we shot our engagement pictures back in June of 2010, I was so impressed with Chris's work, not only did I get to see my endearment pictures 2 days after but instead of throwing out all the pictures he wouldn't have used I got to keep all of them which i think is amazing. When our day came around on May 21,2011 Chris was there for everything! Now i thought i had paid Chris just to shoot our wedding but he went above and beyond he came over to my mom's house to get pictures of my bridesmaids and I getting ready, then followed me over to MAC in roseville and then went up to my husbands parents house in Rocklin to photograph the groomsmen, and then after all that madness he then went and shot our wedding in Roseville til 11PM. I got my pictures back last night and I can't even describe to you how i felt, I relived the entire day through our pictures you could tell Chris's photography told the story of my wedding day. To any bride out there that is looking for a photographer Chris Howard Imagery is the place to go. He is not only talented but his work is inspirational!

Lea · Married on 04/16/2011

Chris brings such a warmth to his wedding photography. He listens and works with you to get what you want. His engagement portraits have the same intimate quality. He manages to capture all of the special moments while remaining out of the way. He is intent on getting what the bride and groom want. His photographs show the intimacy of a wedding and the joy of the family and friends. I recommend him to everyone I possibly can. Working with Chris Howard Imagery was a fantastic and memorable experience. I can't believe how creative and talented he is.

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2010

Chris was a wonderful photographer at both our engagement session and wedding day. He has a wonderful personality, that made working with him a breeze. The quality of his work speaks for itself and the selection of shots he gave us was awesome. We will be using him in the future for all our family portraits.