Chris & Cami Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Nora
    Nora R. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Best of the Best- a photographer’s photographer!!!

No one better! Fantastic customer service, exquisite quality!!!!
    Chris was absolutely amazing at my daughter’s March 2021 wedding. He made everyone feel at ease a d relaxed. His attention to detail is impeccable.
    Added bonus, his parter, Cami, is was extremely fast and precise in editing and returning photos to us. This dynamic duo can’t be outdone.
    Many claim to be professional photographers, but this dynamic duo are the REAL DEAL. We will definitely ask for their services again.

Chris & Cami Photography's reply:

WOW!!! We are humbled by your kind words, Nora! It was an absolute honor being a part of this beautiful celebration for you and your daughter.
  • Margaret
    Margaret R. Married on 07/10/2021

Work with Chris & Cami!!

I can't say enough about Chris and Cami. They still worked with us when we had to reschedule our original wedding date due to COVID, and weren't even phased when we completely changed the location to another state. Chris & Cami came recommended to us through my husband's family, as they are close friends, but they took time to get to know me and my family as well and treated us like royalty! Family pictures can be stressful, but they ran things in such a gracious and fun way, keeping it lighthearted but also keeping us on track and on-schedule. Chris captured absolutely everything we wanted and so much more. And I have never in my life had such a quick turn-around with getting photos back from a photographer! In less than two weeks we had an online album with 700+ photos from the ceremony and reception to look through. They are such kind and friendly people while still being professional and efficient. Working with Chris & Cami will make your wedding day flow smoothly and stress-free. They captured us and our families in such a genuine and authentic way; their photos truly represented us and our celebration.
    Rick R. Married on 10/10/2020

Professional and Pure Beauty

If they're available...BOOK THEM!! Professional and timeless pics that capture the perfect moment. We had our wedding at the beach on 10/10/20. Cami and Chris were such a pleasure to work with and there were no communication issues with this team.

Chris & Cami Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Rick! It was an absolute pleasure being a part of your special day!!! We wish you and Heather all the joy and happiness you deserve as you travel this new road together...
  • Kristina
    Kristina W. Married on 08/02/2020

Perfect photography for our small wedding!

AWESOME experience for my wedding! Chris and Cami were able to adjust their offerings to cover everything I wanted to be photographed, and they were ready and sent to me at LIGHTNING speed. They worked with us throughout the planning process to make sure we had thought of everything we wanted to capture and were exceptionally responsive. On the day, my husband and I were immediately at ease! Bonus, Chris brought us to really cool spots around the peninsula on the way to our reception dinner to take some lovely post-ceremony portraits. Our families effusively complimented Chris's skill at working with our one-year-old pup and four-year-old nephew and he got the CUTEST shots of them. Everyone involved loved the experience!
  • Emma
    Emma M. Married on 07/10/2020

Absolutely amazing photographer!

Couldn’t recommend Chris enough!
    Very professional and relaxed man with a great sense of humor! We never felt pressured or rushed once. Chris goes above and beyond. Our pictures came out fantastic! His wife Cami is also very nice, always had answers to my questions or concerns. Would definitely recommend!!

Chris & Cami Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind comments, Emma! It was such an honor and a blessing to be a part of your special day!!! :-)
    Alexandria Married on 04/04/2020

Best Photographer EVER!!

Chris did an amazing job with our wedding photos! He was prompt, prepared and always made sure that everyone was laughing/smiling. I believe that Chris is the guy to go to if you are ever looking for a photographer. I'm looking forward to working with him again in the near future!!
  • AnnMarie
    Annmarie M. Married on 12/31/2018

Such a creative eye!

It's hard to write just one short paragraph that could depict Chris and Cami and the fathoms of their quality. The morning of our wedding, we woke up to a grey gloomy day with little hope of a beautiful wedding shoot outcome. When Chris and Cami showed up early to the wedding cabin, they had already scoped out possible photo shoot locations on their drive in, and were more ecstatic than anyone in the wedding party. They filled the house with joy and brought light to such a gloomy, foggy day. Chris had made intimate connections with each person he captured with his camera and made the entire room fill with smiles as he entertained our little nieces with squeaker toys to get their attention for photos. He made time to get emotional photos of both bride and groom getting ready, while adding a beautiful artistic approach to every shot before and during the ceremony. Following the ceremony Chris and Cami headed out into the frigid, howling wind to attack the perfect backdrops they had scouted on the way in. They climbed through rain, woods and snow in miserable temperatures to make our day special. After their allotted time was up we invited them to stay for our dinner party which they pleasantly accepted. Chris managed to capture even more pivotal moments on our special day as we cut the cake and enjoyed the company of our guests over a hot meal. Just four days after the ceremony on our honey moon the email subject "your wedding pictures are ready," appeared in our inbox. We were not only astonished to find that the pictures were completed in less than a week but they were developed into a spectacular masterpiece collection that words cannot depict. Chris and Cami made our special day what is was and we couldn't be more satisfied with the outcome of their work. They are truly masters of their trade and we cannot emphasize it enough.

Chris & Cami Photography's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind and thoughtful review, AnnMarie! Cami and I had a fabulous time with you and Mark, and loved getting to know your friends and family! You were such a beautiful and delightful bride. We can't thank you enough for inviting us to be a part of this special time in your lives!!!
    Anastasia Married on 04/21/2018
    Chris and Cami are so wonderful to work with. Chris was able to capture moments only a true professional with a trained eye would have the ability to snap. He understand candid moments with a great sense of light and color balance to make your photos pop! I highly recommend him!
    Diane Married on 04/14/2017
    THE BEST DECISION we made for our wedding!! The team of "Chris and Cami" is amazing! They captured every moment of our fabulous day! Our sunset photos out at Sullivan's Island are truly remarkable and we will them treasure for years. My family was so impressed with the attention to detail and amount of time they spent with us. Chris is so comfortable to be around so your pictures come out so natural and beautiful. When planning a wedding budget, this is definitely money worth spending!!!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/30/2016
    I'm from Arkansas so Charleston was a destination wedding for me. Chris was recommended to me from a fellow photographer.... BEST DECISION I MADE IN MY WEDDING. Chris was personable and were quick to respond with questions. He advised me on a timeline that saved me a lot of mishaps (like moving my ceremony up since the tall trees were going to make it darker earlier). He was patient with me, worked with me on all of the shots that I wanted to have done and made the entire wedding fun. I was already happy that I had hired him but after getting the images back, I was blown away. People are still talking about my pictures! Chris is literally the best in Charleston. Photography was the most important thing to me about my wedding and he exceeded all hopes and expectations.
    Sarah Married on 05/07/2016
    Chris and Cami photographed my wedding a few weekends ago. They did a phenomenal job. They literally captured every minute of the best day of my life and every person who was there. When looking at the pictures I feel like I'm reliving the day all over again. I am so excited that I can look back on these for the rest of my life. Chris and Cami truly captured my vision for the wedding and I will be forever grateful.
    Darcy Married on 04/16/2016
    Chris and Cami are the absolute BEST!!! We just were married and I could not be more thrilled with the amazing images they captured. Chris and Cami are professional, excellent follow up, very personable, and fun loving. I would not trust anyone else but Chris & Cami Photography. They went above & beyond. Do yourself a favor and book them now.
    Morgan Married on 01/17/2016
    We could not be more pleased with Chris or our wedding photos!!! Flew to Charleston with our children for a small ceremony. Spent 2 hours with Chris and got the most amazing family/wedding photos. He is creative, efficient, and timely. Had pictures in less than a week. Had never met him before arriving in Charleston but felt like I knew him forever before the shoot was over!! Would use again and again, if we lived closer. Thanks Chris for making our day so easy and wonderful.
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 12/19/2015
    Chris is amazing!! We LOVE every single picture that was taken! Our wedding night flew by so fast and I am so grateful to have so many great pictures to look back on and in a way relive such a special night. I have gotten non-stop compliments from the start of that special day to now still, every one loved Chris and his professionalism!! We loved how involved he was and how he took the time to capture even the little things. He did an amazing job with my rowdy 4 year old son and got some of the best smiles out of him too...Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
    Caroline Married on 09/19/2015
    After Chris shot our amazing proposal pictures in downtown Charleston, we knew that he was the photographer that we wanted at our wedding...in Maryland! Chris and Cami flew up for the wedding and took hundreds of pictures from the moment the bride arrived at the resort until the very last picture as the DJ was packing up. Chris is so charismatic and has great ideas to up the bar on traditional wedding photos. Cami's great editing got us the most amazing wedding pictures before we had even unpacked back in South Carolina. Their prices are great for the supreme quality of work they do; plus their pre, during, and post event communication and service is outstanding and makes the stressful wedding planning process so much easier. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
    Shannon Married on 05/16/2015
    Chris was so wonderful to work with! He was so laid back, he helped keep everyone calm on an otherwise very stressful day. His pictures are AMAZING!!! So amazing that a month after our wedding I'm still trying to choose my favorites for our photo album! I just can't say enough about how happy we are with our pictures! Brides will not be disappointed!
  • User1927374 2+ years ago
    I've known Chris for a couple years through professional photos that he shot for my office so when the time came for me to look for my wedding photographer, I already knew how amazing he was at his job! Words can't express how awesome Chris was to work with and he truly captured "my day"! From his silly comments to keep my ring bearers smiling to his ninja-like skills being EVERYWHERE, he kept my "unenthused about self photos" groom at ease and got some really fantastic shots. I have gotten SO many compliments on his work and many people who even just commented that he seemed like a great guy. It does not feel like you have a photographer around, but that he is a friend that you invited to hang with you all day (that just happens to be taking your picture :)). From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU!!!! We could not have asked for a more PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER for our beautiful day!
    Mackenzie Married on 10/03/2014
    On a day that can be very stressful Chris and Cami can you put at ease. it was such a pleasure and honor to have them photograph our wedding. For the bride that day and night always goes by so fast so I appreciate so much how Chris captured everything so I can always go back and remember all the amazing events of that night. knowing that you can depend on your photographer is such an amazing feeling, having one less thing to worry about. They were so fast at getting us our photos back which was something we were so anxious for. every person I ever show my photos to are blown away and always comment on how wonderful our photographer was and we never disagree. Having the memory that Chris captures for a lifetime so amazing.
  • User1842885 2+ years ago
    Chris did such a wonderful job as our wedding photographer. Chris and Cami were highly recommended by friends and we couldn't be happier having them capture our big day! Chris took lots of amazing photos during our engagement shoot and throughout our wedding day. Chris was professional, personable, and a lot of fun! He is very passionate about his work and it was so refreshing to have a nice and upbeat photographer on the day of the wedding. He even made a detailed schedule of events planned around the time of sunset. I didn't even have to give a detailed shot list, he captured every moment and detail perfectly! We received our photos just days after the wedding and everyone was surprised by the quick turnaround. Thank you Chris and Cami!
    Kelli Married on 05/31/2014
    My family and I have grown up with Chris and Cami's photography and the day that I was engaged I turned to my Mom and said the first thing that needs to be done... "call Chris." I would never have trusted anyone else to photograph our engagement pictures, bridal portraits, or wedding pictures and it definitely paid off. Chris is willing to work with your budget and figure something out for what fits in your budget. He and Cami go above and beyond what is expected every shoot and Chris's lively bubbly personality makes your day 10x's better in the most stressful of moments. Chris is so flexible and loves doing crazy and "fun" shots as well as your traditional, sincere moments. He's a wonderful blend of everything. He also LISTENS to what exactly you want and makes sure to get it all in. We had so many wonderful comments about his pictures after our wedding and had the hardest time narrowing down choices for scrapbooks and picture frames because all 1100 of them, yes 1100!!!, were AMAZING! :) I already to Chris we can't wait to do our next shoot hopefully in the next year or two just for fun. Love both him and Cami dearly and would recommend them hands down.
    Britt Married on 05/16/2014
    Chris Smith, from Chris and Cami photography was an exceptional choice for our wedding. We chose a destination wedding in Costa Rica and we met Chris through a contact and he and Cami turned out to be the best thing that happened to our wedding:) Chris was able to capture true beauty and amazing shots of our wedding, the scenery, the guests and more. He has a creative eye when it comes to his lens and truly our wedding photos look they came out of a magazine. We have had many people ask us who we used as our photographer because they pictures were so beautiful. Thank you Chris and Cami for making our wedding the most memorable time of our lives and for catching that on film so that we can forever look back to these photos and remember why true love exists and this wonderful trip we shared in Costa Rica with our closest friends and family. I highly recommend Chris and Cami to anyone needing professional photos for any event.
    Molly Married on 05/04/2014
    Oh my goodness! Words cannot describe how much we loved having Chris and Cami Photography for our engagement, bridal and wedding photographers! Our pictures turned out better than I would have ever hoped for! Chris was such a fun and energetic person to work with. He always made me and my husband feel comfortable around the camera and when it came time for the wedding he was everywhere at once. There is not one picture that I wanted that I don't have. His pictures do more than capture a moment, they really tell a beautiful story. They truly capture the energy of the wedding day and the excitement that everyone was feeling. :) I'm so happy that we found Chris and Cami as our photographers and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone for any type of photography! :) Can't wait for another shoot with them! Maybe a one year anniversary party!?
  • User1590382 2+ years ago
    Chris is unbelievably amazing! First of all, I booked him a year and 4 months before my wedding with complete confidence after seeing his pictures online. My engagement pictures were in 35 degree weather in Charleston while visiting and he made us so comfortable we did not want to leave the shoot. We got the best pictures we have ever seen and used them on multiple occasions. We got so many compliments. I recommend doing an engagement shoot so you can have wonderful pictures to use at your wedding. He is very responsive to emails and very excited to be a part of your wedding, it makes you feel comfortable. My wedding was yesterday and he showed up early with a second shooter and all of his equipment. He had a smile on his face and began shooting immediately to avoid the impending rain. We got so many pictures in. His creative eye is unebleivable, he is like an artist who just paints a canvas with a camera. I cannot believe his creativity and how quickly he can think of wonderful poses, pictures, etc. He puts you at ease and gives you just the right amount of direction so you aren't looking like an idiot out there. He even brought me out in the middle of my reception in the pouring rain (with our permission) and took a picture in the rain to include the lanterns that we got and were rained out. It turned out to be the most dramatic and amazing picture we will ever have and I cherish it already. Chris memoried all of my family's names and they were so impressed with his professionalism. He pays attention to detail and to the little things. He knows when to do silly pictures and when to take serious pictures at the same moment. He can deal with difficult parents with a smile on his face and still make you stay at ease on your stressful moment day. He is there in all the right moments and does a great mixture of candids and formals. The day after the wedding we did a "day after shoot" around the city of downtown Charleston. It was perfect. BEAUTIFUL!!
  • User1960627 2+ years ago
    Chris and Cami did a fantastic job capturing my wedding. Chris was easy to work with and had great ideas. The quality of the pictures is by far the best every. I would recommend Chris and Cami for any event, especially a wedding!
    Jenny Married on 12/07/2013
    I hired Chris after meeting with several local photographers who I just could not get the warm and fuzzy feeling from. Pictures are extremely important to me; moreso than most elements of the wedding and I knew it would take just the right person to capture our day. We wanted someone who had a creative eye, the courage to try something different, the patience to deal with our silly demands, and the ability to listen to our non-artistic description of what we wanted and make our vision come true. We found just that in Chris & Cami Photography. Not only were the pictures beyond anything that I ever could have imagined, Chris had them to me by the time we got back from our honeymoon! He is an amazingly talented, creative, kind person who knows what you want without even YOU knowing! He doesn't watch the clock, waiting for your photo shoot to be over; he truly loves what he does and it comes across in not only his communication with you, but his quality of work. The most amazing pictures on the most amazing day of my life. Chris, I couldn't have found a better photographer to capture this day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. These pictures mean more to me than you will ever know.