Cheryl's Formal Dress Alterations Reviews

42 Reviews for Cheryl's Formal Dress Alterations

• Jesjuldem@gmail.com

Jessica · Married on 02/29/2020

No drama, straight-forward advice

Cheryl is a true professional who listens to you; then weaves her experience into your vision. She communicates clearly and is very fairly priced.

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Flood · Married on 10/19/2019

Talent and Grace

Cheryl took on both my mother and I in the midst of a busy wedding season. My dress had to be taken in twice and Cheryl was so gracious in her demeanor. Her work speaks for itself. My dress was flawless and fit even better than it did the day I tried it on and decided it was the one. It was an elegant but simple dress that, with Cheryl's help, made it absolutely timeless. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2019

Completely and flawlessly altered my LARGE wedding dress!

Cheryl is absolutely incredible. When I first brought my wedding dress to her, I'd lost 3 inches in my waist since I ordered it. Needless to say it was HUGE and Cheryl had her work cut out for her. I went back for another fitting and lost another 2 inches. With a smile on her face the entire time, she congratulated me on achieving my weight loss goals and made adjustments. Never could I have worked with a better seamstress for the most important dress of my life. It fit like a glove flawlessly and I couldn't be more grateful! THANK YOU, CHERYL!!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Gabrielle Davidson · Married on 08/25/2019

Amazing to Work With!

Cheryl was amazing to work with! I decided to use her for my wedding dress alterations and could not have been more happy with my decision. Cheryl is kind, friendly and professional. She made me feel beautiful and confident throughout the entire process and I felt that we worked together as a team to alter my dress just the way I wanted. She is so talented at what she does! Her suggestions and expertise I believe is why my dress fit and looked so good on my wedding day. She did such a beautiful job! I can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Eileen · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent experience

Cheryl was so, so great! I decided to go to her for my wedding dress alterations at the recommendation of a friend, and I’m so glad I did. Cheryl knows exactly what she’s doing, and did such a beautiful job on my dress. She not only made the changes I wanted, but was able to point out other things that I hadn’t even thought of. She even switched out the hair clip on my veil free of charge when I brought it in at a fitting because she knew the one it came with would fall out. Everything was reasonably priced. On top of all that, Cheryl was incredibly nice and great to work with. She is kind and friendly, and was able to work with me on dates for appointments. I wish I could give her 6 stars. I’d recommend her 100%!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Meagan · Married on 06/22/2019

Could not imagine anyone better!

Cheryl was the best! She explained the process as we went along. She was so much fun and is a master of her craft. If I could give 10 stars I would give her 12.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful experience!

I can't thank Cheryl enough for the beautiful work she did to my wedding dress! She fitted it perfectly to my body and even styled it exactly how I wanted it. At my request, she completely transformed the back of the dress into a v-neck/scoop back and it honestly looked like that was how the designer of the dress meant for it to be all along! Cheryl made the whole fitting process so fun and easy and I highly recommend her to all brides - she is seriously the best!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Marina · Married on 05/11/2019

The best!!

Cheryl is the best! She is so sweet and talented. I am so thankful that she could alter my dress as I know she is in high demand :) She did an amazing job on my dress and I didn't want to take it off all night. Thank you, Cheryl!!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Katie · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing job!

She fixed my wedding dress and it was perfect and gave ne some ideas too and replaced some beading.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Sara · Married on 10/20/2018

Cheryl is the best!

Cheryl was an absolute pleasure to work with! She did amazing work on my intricate lace gown. By the time that she was done, it felt as though my gown had been custom made for me! She is highly professional and also enthusiastic, just the kind of person you want around pre-wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone, she is amazing!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kaley Johnson · Married on 10/13/2018

Very talented

Thank you Cheryl for turning my dress from being okay to absolutely stunning! Cheryl is very easy to work with and does an amazing job! I came to her needing her basically to re style the front of my dress and she accomplished it with ease! Highly recommend

Sent on 11/03/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 08/25/2018

Exceptional wedding dress alterations!

Cheryl is exceptional! Easy to work with, affordable price and exceptional skill! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Meghan · Married on 08/11/2018

Cheryl was a dream to work with! I bought a sample dress and had some concerns about tailoring it to my body and some mild wear and tear. My last fitting was yesterday and the dress looked like it was made just for me. Cheryl caught little flaws, like loose beading, and fixed them without my noting it. She was also very accommodating when my mother joined me. What's more is she gave honest, informed recommendations for preservation and cleaning. I couldn't have asked for a better seamstress!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband Andy and I got married on 11/4/17 and I used Cheryl Jackson as my seamstress for my wedding gown. I originally had a different seamstress who fell ill and Cheryl was able to take me in last minute. Thank goodness she was because her tailoring skills were amazing! I had multiple fittings with her to ensure the dress fit just right and at the end, it fit like a glove! There is nothing I would have changed about it and I am usually pretty particular. She was so friendly and accommodating and didn’t charge and arm and leg for her services either! I would highly recommend Cheryl to any bride, bridesmaid, or anyone in need of a seamstress! Thank you so much for making my dress fit perfectly!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Carol · Married on 10/28/2017

Best seamstress in our NH seacoast. Cheryl took my daughters dress that fit horribly and made it perfect. She also fixed my MOB dress until it was equally perfect. She is a perfectionist and will not let a small detail get by. Absolutely loved working with her and highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/31/2017

ROBIN · Married on 10/07/2017

Cheryl is simply amazing at what she does! She did my daughter's Prom dress, and then my middle daughter's wedding dress and we are coming back again for my oldest daughters wedding and her entire wedding party! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/09/2017

April · Married on 10/07/2017

Cheryl is a wonderful, professional, kind, understanding woman who does beautiful work. You will be lucky if you can book her!

Sent on 08/10/2017
  • M.A.F.

Allie · Married on 10/07/2017

Cheryl is amazing for so many reasons. She basically talked me off a ledge after I picked up my wedding gown from a local business and it was fitting me all wrong. She worked magic on my gown and made it fit me better than I ever could have imagined. She is extremely reasonably priced. She is sweet, professional, courteous and was always on time. You won't regret going to her!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Anne · Married on 08/05/2017

Cheryl is the best! Extremely professional, always on time, gives you her full attention, is funny and warm, goes above and beyond and most of all, is an extremely talented seamstress. You are in excellent hands with Cheryl!!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Jenny · Married on 04/22/2017

I will rave about my experience with Cheryl for years! She is extremely professional, reasonably priced and does AMAZING work. She is so kind and it was always a joy to see her and work on my wedding dress. I am a really petite person and she took my dress which was big in many ways and basically custom made it to fit me perfectly. I highly highly recommend her!!

Sent on 04/24/2017

S · Married on 10/29/2016

I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Cheryl's Dress Alterations. Cheryl altered my wedding dress, my mom's dress and a bridesmaid dress and she did an amazing job on all of them. She was such a dream to work with. She was easy going, kind, knowledgeable and serious about her work - all great qualities. Cheryl, I can't thank you enough for making that part of the experience easy and fun for us!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Cheryl's Formal Dress Alterations's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! I enjoy what I do and I am glad you had such a great experience. I would love to work together again if you need to do another formal dress for another occasion.

Jenny · Married on 10/01/2016

Cheryl made sure my dress fit perfectly and that I felt beautiful on my wedding day. She was very attentive and made sure that I was absolutely happy with how my dress fit. She was so sweet to work with and did an amazing job with my dress! Thank you Cheryl!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kassidy · Married on 09/24/2016

Cheryl is absolutely amazing! From our very first appointment, I was blown away by her expertise, kindness, and attention to detail. She seamlessly transitioned my open backed lace dress from long-sleeves into elegant, sexy cap sleeves -- and the fit was perfect. She is thorough and accommodating, always checking to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day :) Thank you, Cheryl!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Amy · Married on 09/17/2016

Cheryl did an amazing job altering my wedding dress. She did such a great job that the dress fit perfectly at the second fitting! She was incredibly patient and helpful when I was indecisive, and even added straps in a way that they could be hidden if I changed my mind (which of course I did). Thank you for making my dress alterations the least stressful part of the wedding planning!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Rene · Married on 07/23/2016

Cheryl not only altered my wedding dress with expert care she created a rehearsal dinner dress for me from scratch which I loved as much as my bridal gown! I would recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 07/15/2016