Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair Reviews

Vicky · Married on 10/04/2018

So fun and professional!

Destination Wedding: 10/4/18
    Venue: Haiku Gardens, Kaneohe

As with everything else for our wedding, I (bride) waited until about 4-6 weeks out to seriously look into vendors. How I was lucky enough to secure Cheryl for our wedding day, I'll never know!

Closer to our day, Ipo, a member of her team sent me the timeline for our day of. Prior to our day of, they were so accommodating to some schedule changes at the request of my videographer. Due to our ceremony starting earlier in the morning, Cheryl and her team needed to plan for a 4:45am start (yikes, sorry!). They arrived exactly on time to set up and get started. Everyone was so professional, kind, funny, and easy to talk to. Cheryl gave me the fishtail half up-do of my pinterest dreams!

I did not do a trial as there was not enough time between us flying in from Denver and the wedding day. However, I wasn't worried in the slightest bit. I think the most important thing is that she and her team listened to my/bridesmaids' request when it came to makeup and hair. I told my bridesmaids to pick a hair/makeup look that would make them feel most comfortable and beautiful. We all had some inspo pictures ready and all the looks were achieved.

I would highly recommend Cheryl and her team! My makeup itself lasted the best it could through the heavy humidity that day, my sweaty dancing, and the endless amount of tears. I should also note, my skin already is oily/combination and was in crazy oil production with the fast climate change. The only items that faded were lip product (eating, drinking), and bottom lash shadow (crying...lots of crying...all day).

Thank you Cheryl, you were a dream!

Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair 1
    Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair 2
    Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair 3
    Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair 4

Alexandra · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot express in words how absolutely INCREDIBLE Cheryl and her staff are. Not only is she extremely personable and goes above and beyond to make all of her clients feel special, beautiful, and valued, but she is the epitome of a professional and thorough. I did a wedding trial with her, which I 100% recommend. She made me look exactly how I always envisioned for my wedding day. HANDS DOWN the best MUA. I cannot recommend Cherbu enough!

Sara · Married on 02/15/2018

BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!!
    I recently had the pleasure of having Cheryl and her awesome team be my make up and hair stylists for my wedding and I was (and still am!) absolutely thrilled with their work!

I booked everything from Australia for my destination wedding in Hawaii.
    I had read the amazing reviews of Cheryl and knew I needed to have her for my wedding!!
    Cheryl super exceeded my already high expectations and I cannot recommendation her highly enough!!

From my many many emails back and forth with her awesome team member Ipo, through the the trial and then to wedding day, I was completely looked after - they really make your feel like a priority and nothing was ever too much trouble.

Seriously, you NEED to book Cheryl for your hair and make up - what she created for me was beyond what I could have imagined - I had my vision of what I was after and she absolutely nailed it to perfection!! my hair and make up looks PERFECT in every single photo from my wedding and I felt amazing!!!!

Cheryl and her whole team are so much fun!! they will put you at ease and make the whole process amazing!

from a very happy aussie gal :)

Racquel · Married on 10/25/2017

Cheryl and her team were amazing! They were very friendly and really good. They did the hair and makeup for me and five of my bridesmaids. Everyone loved how their makeup turned out. Thank you!!!!!

• U

Unica · Married on 10/16/2017

Cheryl is probably the happiest person I have ever met on the island. She is so fun loving, HILARIOUS and just full of joy! Girl can talk about anything esp make up (of course). I love her! Aside from her awesome personality, her make up is ON POINT. She knows her make up and will know your face. The trial of my hair and make up looked better than on my wedding day but it was still amazing and stayed on ALL DAY. This girl slays and you won't regret booking with her! :)

Sent on 05/08/2018

Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair's reply:

Omg thank you thank you Unica for the amazing review!!! I appreciate every kind word you mentioned. I had fun with you!!! Thank you so much for making my day!! Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness! Cheryl

Rebeca · Married on 09/22/2017

Cheryl was out of town for my wedding day, but she sent over one of her top notch stylists in her place. Leesa nailed down the exact look that I wanted for my wedding day and you could tell that she knew exactly what she was doing. She was speedy but professional the entire time. My hair and makeup held up the entire day (we had an outdoor ceremony and 2 hours of photos before dinner). I highly recommend this team! They know how to make you look great!

• Cara

Cara · Married on 07/01/2017

Cheryl and her team were AMAZING!!!! She was open to suggestions for makeup and hairstyles from my bridesmaids and helped make each of them feel beautiful and comfortable. She did an excellent job with my hair, and especially the makeup which held on through all of my tears the entire night! We spent a lot of time laughing together getting the pre-wedding jitters out! I highly recommend Cheryl and her team for their skills!

Emily · Married on 01/03/2017

I love Cheryl! She created a look I adored, took great care of me, and did it all with aloha and a smile. We had a great time chatting at my trial session; she is very easy to talk to!
    Over the months leading up to the wedding, I changed my mind about exactly which services we would be purchasing from her a few times, and each time Cheryl or her assistant were quick to make changes to the invoice and make sure everything was up-to-date and accurate.
    On the day of the wedding, Cheryl arrived promptly, was very communicative, and finished hair/makeup in good time so we could comfortably follow our schedule. It was so smooth!
    Cheryl, thank you so much for making me feel beautiful. Big mahalo!!

Gina · Married on 12/01/2016

cheryl was amazing throughout the whole process from meet and greet to wedding day. felt the prettiest I've ever felt, hair & makeup was stress free because it was so perfect! she and her staff finished on time without rushing whatsoever which was a big plus in terms of remaining calm throughout all the hustle & bustle. would recommend cheryl to any bride wanting to feel perfect & beautiful on her wedding day!!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 10/29/2016

CHERYL IS A MAKEUP MASTER!!!! Hands down, the most skilled and knowledgeable makeup artist I've ever worked with!

We first met when I scheduled my trial session back in July. Her studio is so modern and sophisticated. I felt like an A-list celebrity about to be glammed up for some special event! She showed me her look book for both hair and makeup and after some time, I told her I couldn't decide between 2 different makeup looks. She then showed me which look she had in mind for me, and to my surprise it was one of the looks I was deciding between.

When she finished, she took photos and asked for my opinion. I told her my preferences and right away she made the changes and jotted them down in her notes.

On my wedding day, she and her assistant Crystal were early to arrive. They had their area set up and ready to go before the scheduled time she gave to me prior. Cheryl has such a easy going, loving personality, so it's almost as if your bff is doing your makeup. The conversations are fun, and she makes it such a relaxing experience! We were running a little behind schedule, which Cheryl kindly let me know, but she assured me that everything would be back on track in about 10 minutes. I was able to get dressed, sneak in a few photos, and leave for my ceremony venue on time.

Cheryl made me feel like a queen on my wedding day. I've honestly never felt so beautiful and all credit goes to her and her amazing talent!

(*also side note: her personal cosmetics line is crazy good! I've bought a few products already and I absolutely love them.)

C · Married on 09/03/2016

Cheryl is LEGIT! A true artist and super sweet and chill. For brides that are type A like me, she will be your perfect vendor. She is super responsive and organized. Every time I emailed her, I would get a response by the next day. She's also very proactive. We went back a week early to start finalizing things for the wedding and she texted me to remind me of my trial makeup session with her (with directions and instructions). She's so easy-going and receptive to any changes you want, what you want is what you get. She's proactive in texting you the day of the wedding to let you know where she is (ie. if she's on her way, etc) and she was on time and professional. I received LOTS of compliments on how beautiful I looked that day (thanks Cheryl!) and my bridesmaids all loved their makeup that day as well. No drama, no fuss.

Melissa · Married on 08/14/2016

Words cannot express how incredible happy I was with my makeup and hair and my bridesmaids makeup! Cheryl and her partner (which I'm horrible I forgot her name) went above and beyond and I looked like an absolute princess! The price was very reasonable compared to other vendors our there and she came all the way to aulani at 5am to begin my makeup! She was absolutely amazing and I would recommend her for every wedding out there in Hawaii!

• Elan

Elan · Married on 07/09/2016

Cheryl was the first hair and makeup vender to respond to my inquiry when I got engaged. To me, an immediate and detailed response to my email is a huge sign of professionalism. I decided to do a trial hair and makeup session with Cheryl first to see what I’d look like on the big day. It was such a positive experience to meet her at her studio and go through her look books together. Cheryl 100% listens to you and what you want to look like on your day, but also guides you with gentle suggestions if you are unsure.

She and her assistant Crystal were kind enough to drive out to my mom’s house to do our hair and makeup for my wedding day. She is so easy to talk to that I felt as if I’ve known her for years. You can tell how much Cheryl loves her job through her constant optimism. She is beyond supportive of her client’s needs and makes sure that everything is picture perfect before you walk out the door.

If you’re lucky enough to be getting married on a day that Cheryl is available, make sure to book her asap. You won’t regret it!

Leann · Married on 06/18/2016

Let's be honest...loving your hair, makeup and wedding dress is just about as important as loving the person you're about to marry. You will be photographed by not only who you've hired..but by everyone else attending. And those pictures will be around for a long time. Your soon to be will love the way you look no matter what. However...it's how YOU feel about the way you look is what sparks that wedding confidence.

This is where Cheryl's amazing make up artist and hair styling skills step in. I have never felt as beautiful or as confident as I did on my wedding day. She glamorizes your hair and makeup without making you feel like you look like a completely different person. I wanted an old hollywood vintage look and that's exactly what I got: bright lips, big eyes that don't disappear when I smile, and finger wave curls in my hair. She even pinned the fresh flower gardenias in my hair. It was perfect.

The next thing you need to look for is how long the hair and make up will last. Cheryl uses her own line of make up which works perfectly well with the humid summer Hawaiian climate. She also applies enough hair product to make sure it lasts. My wedding day was about 12+ hours and lasted the whole time. The only thing I had to do was reapply my lipstick after eating. She also provides a touch up kit.

I've been a bridesmaid in a lot of weddings and have had my hair and make up done several times. Cheryl's hair and make up skills is by far the best! She's super fun to be around and gives you the look you want. You definitely want her to be part of your Glam Team!

Sarah-Jane · Married on 06/10/2016

Cheryl & her glam squad are exceptional. Their work is so professional & each bridesmaid blew me away with their transformation. Including my bride & myself.
    The Cherbu range is perfect, it lasted all night until I sadly had to wash it off. I would work with Cheryl & her team in a heartbeat. Such a beautiful person with talented skills. I would recommend any bride to work with this lady & her team.
    We couldn't be any happier, THANK YOU CHERYL x

mary · Married on 05/09/2016

I was blown away at the way my hair and makeup looked for my wedding day. I can't tell everyone enough that if you want to look absolutely amazing for your wedding this is the person to book with. She only looked at my hair photo I liked once. I don't wear makeup much if any at all and she made it natural and stunning.

Megan · Married on 02/29/2016

Don't chose anyone else to do your hair and makeup!!! Cheryl is the only one you need!! I had no trial run only a few ideas but it was all Cheryl. The only problem I had was trying not to ruin the beautiful job she did by crying!!! I am extremely happy and am trying to find a reason to get my hair and makeup done when I go back to oahu. She has her own makeup line that's awesome!! I can't say enough good things about her you just need to hire her and you won't regret it.

Rachel · Married on 02/27/2016

Cheryl and her team nailed everything myself and my bride party wanted! Both my hair and makeup lasted all night, which was a surprise since we had an outdoor wedding. They were so fun and really set the tone for our perfect day.

Vanessa · Married on 12/18/2015

Cheryl Hazelgrove is amazing and hair and makeup! I have always had trouble with my hair style actually staying in place (MY hair never stays curled!) She managed to do my hair and makeup within an hour and it was the best job I've ever seen. She is fun and has a passion for her job, which is why she was so pleasant to work with. Thank you for traveling to do my hair and makeup. Everyone complimented her work (especially my photographers & parents). The hint of purple was perfect!

Cheryl and her team were so professional and talented. They showed up on time and were flawless in completing hair and makeup for 7 people right on time. Cheryl is so easy to work with and we had so much fun while getting ready. After Cheryl was done, we all felt the most beautiful we have ever felt! She is SO talented and creates a flawless look, catered to how you want to look. We even had rain on the day of the wedding and hair and makeup stayed flawless! Overall, would HIGHLY recommend Cheryl and her team - could not be happier!!! Thanks, Cheryl!

Melanie · Married on 07/30/2015

This women is AMAZING! Besides the stress of planning a destination wedding, one of my biggest fears was who was going to do my hair and make-up. Her reviews do not lie and she was great. Not only is she talented, but she is also very nice, calming and a pleasure to work with. I LOVED my hair and make up. Anyone who ever goes to Oahu, or anywhere in Hawaii should work with her. I cannot say more great things about Cheryl. The internet did not steer me wrong, when it recommended her.

I love Cheryl! She did my hair and makeup (along with my mom, sister, MOH, and flower girl). They were on time and even finished ahead of schedule (despite last minute additions of my sister and MOH.) Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. Her and her assistant were so sweet and fun. I was a little nervous because I did not have a trial (destination wedding) but everything turned out better than I could have ever expected. Simply amazing.
    I recommend with 0 hesitations!

Chris · Married on 01/05/2015

Flawless. That's how I would describe Cheryl's makeup / hair skills. My wife and I hired Cheryl to do our makeup the morning of our wedding. We also treated both of our mom's to getting their hair / makeup done. Cheryl and her assistant came to our rental house and spent time with all 4 of us that morning. Based on the yelp reviews alone, we knew we didn't have anything to worry about, but the experience and the end result was everything we wanted and more. She has a way of bringing out your natural beauty without making you look overdone. Cheryl and her assistant were amazing and thanks to her, these two brides (and our moms) felt beautiful on the day of our wedding. The touchup kits she provides are just an extra bonus.

Lindsey · Married on 01/03/2015

So glad I found Cheryl for my destination wedding! She is super friendly, very professional, and works wonders with hair and makeup. I loved my wedding day hair and makeup and was so impressed with Cheryl and her team.

Maryam · Married on 11/26/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Cheryl Hazelgrove Makeup and Hair. She was so patient, understanding and determined to create the exact look that I had dreamed of for my wedding day.

My entire bridal party of 4 felt gorgeous and the day was so fun. This team is so incredibly talented, I could not have asked for better service for this special day!