55 Reviews for This Is Feeling Photo + Video

Albums (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Toning (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)

Our experience with This Is Feeling was incredible!
From our initial phone call with Ben, we felt that he understood what we were looking for. We are a laid back couple looking to tell a story with our photos and his team captured exactly that.
Our subsequent phone calls during the planning process ?were great. We were able to ask questions, voice our concerns, and let them know any special details about our wedding that would be helpful.
When the day arrived, our photographer Mike, and his assistant Rob (Harry and Lloyd as we affectionately called them throughout the day), were on time, dressed professionally, and had great attitudes. They made a lot of great suggestions and kept the timeline rolling smoothly. Mike was extremely confident and considerate when working with family members that couldn't seem to cooperate for group photos.
Our actual photos were exceptional. They captured the true feelings in the photos from the smiles to tears and as we look at the photos, we are brought back to those moments during our wedding day.
I would highly recommend This Is Feeling if you are looking for a detail oriented and confident Team. They will help ease the stress of wedding planning and produce pictures you will be proud to show off of your wedding day.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Rachel, 6/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The photos were just as great as we imagined they could be! From start to end our experience working with This Is Feeling was unique. After talking to many vendors, our first call with Ben was a breath of fresh air. It centered around us as a couple and what we wanted from our special day and the photographs from our special day and how they would make that happen for us. The questions they asked us about each other and our relationship really illuminated our future discussions about our wedding. It made me more excited about our wedding and having This Is Feeling as our photographers. On the wedding day, they were again great at eliciting the true emotions we had for each other in front of the camera through cuing us with different questions. It made taking photos that really looked like us easy. Also, they made sure to capture all the things that were most important to us. Really, if I had to summarize our experience it would be authentic, in our experience with them person to person, in our discussions, and in the way our photos are.

Profile Picture Annalyse, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This is Feeling Photography did my sister’s wedding about two years ago and they did such an amazing job--not only did the photographs turn out beautifully, but the photographers were so nice and easy to work with. So, it was an easy choice to book them for our City Hall wedding and I am so glad we did. Ben was great to work with and accommodated my husband’s number one (and pretty much only) request to include our dog in some of our photos. Even though it was bone-chillingly cold on this particular day, Ben trekked throughout the city with us to make sure that we captured our special moment in the most beautiful way. I couldn’t be happier with how our photographs. I would recommend This Is Feeling to anyone and if I ever need a photographer in the future, they are definitely my first choice.

Profile Picture Maria, 12/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We used Mike from This is Feeling for both our engagement and wedding photography. He absolutely exceeded our already high expectations. The photos are absolutely stunning! And the turnaround was so fast. Everyone told us not to expect the photos back for months. Well, we got them all back the week after we returned from our honeymoon! They look amazing and captured the night perfectly. Additionally, the Giffy photo booth was a huge hit. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Jim, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

This is Feeling Photography was amazing! I am so happy that we chose them for our wedding in September. We had Jake as our photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures and we could not have been happier. Jake made the whole process really easy and he was so nice and down to earth. We got our pictures back they were just incredible. Jake really captured some amazing moments at just the right times. I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture madison, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We looked at a ton of photographers for our wedding before landing on This is Feeling. Kevin was our lead photographer and he was amazing! The pictures looked wonderful and captured the day perfectly. He did our engagement and wedding pictures. Mike was the second photographer on the day of the wedding, we were really happy that we got two, we changed our mind later on in the process but TIF made the change easy.

We loved the pictures so much, we also got an album from them. They also put together a slideshow when it came to reviewing the pictures, it was fantastic, I didn't last long before I started to tear up with such happiness. They were able to catch so many moments that I wasn't able to see for myself the day of.

Their attention to detail was just what we wanted and the whole process was great as they truly got to know us as a couple. I would recommend This Is Feeling not just for your wedding but for any photo shoot.

Profile Picture Salena, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I didn't think the photographer was an important part of the wedding. Most of my married friends liked a handful of pictures from the hundreds/thousands taken at their weddings. Rarely were they excited about the finished product. Ben was comforting during the initial interview and understood what we didn't want, they typical stag d/directed shoo. The various calls and questions, at times, seemed too much. BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT; they know what they're doing. Dino Mike was AMAZING! We took pictures at various sites and every single one of them brought a smile to my face. Over a thousand pics and I can't think of a single one I don't like. Mike was great to work with, talk to, and blended in with everyone. Save for a few staged (family photos), the other pictures were natural and all, so beautiful. They didn't just capture us, they captured our spirit, feelings, and thoughts. Some of the shots were so unexpected and meaningful, it was a joy to see those gems in the final product. Two months later and I am having the hardest time deciding which pictures to print.

Profile Picture Miki, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I think my now husband and I have had more fun looking at our photos than actually being at our wedding! And that's because of Ben and his This is Feeling team. We didn't want photos that were staged--we wanted moments (mainly because we are both very awkward smilers when staged-hah!). When we look at our photos we are truly moved with emotion all over again and immediately remember and feel what it was like being in that room on that unforgettable day in our lives. Ben is a true artist-- calm, cool and quick with his shots and, best of all, you don't even notice him there. You are living in the moment and he is capturing it for you to relive for the rest of your years together. We can not recommend This is Feeling enough.

Profile Picture Jeannie, 7/15/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Mike and Leah are incredible! We are so happy with the beautiful photos that they took of our wedding on June 23. Friends and family keep telling us how amazing our photos turned out. Not only are Mike and Leah incredible photographers, they are very friendly and professional. We had so much fun with them on our wedding day. From day one, we had a great experience with This is Feeling. Ben was extremely helpful in getting us started—answering our questions and learning about our expectations. Once we were matched with Mike as our photographer, he took the time to talk with us about all the details and locations to make sure he understood our vision and preferences. Mike and Leah nailed all of the shots we had requested and captured so many beautiful moments of the day that we’ll cherish forever. I highly, highly recommend This is Feeling.

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I started planning my wedding, I actually thought I might skip the photographer and concentrate on experiencing the day. But This Is Feeling popped up on The Knot and the photographs were so beautiful that I couldn't resist calling. Despite my misgivings about cost and the many wedding photographers I had seen take over weddings with too many posed shots, Ben had me convinced in no time, and I couldn't be happier with the decision! Our photographers, Jake and Tony, were fantastic to work with. They were kind, easy going, and made us (and our guests) feel comfortable. And man, did they capture some amazing shots! The emotions of the day, the personalities of our friends and family, the little moments we didn't even realize were happening -- it's all there in the photos, just like Ben said it would be. And it was just fun. Looking back, my husband and I realized that some our favorite, most romantic time together happened when we were doing our portrait shots with Jake. Quietly and tactfully, he created the space for us to enjoy our wedding day even more, and was capturing the beauty of it all the while. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture Ellen, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This Is Feeling Photography went above and beyond to intimately capture our special day. From our first meeting with Ben (and his team) when they asked us questions about, not just about our wedding intentions, but our relationship (and we looked like deer in headlights b/c they were questions/concepts we never thought about), we knew we made the correct choice in hiring them. They were beyond professional, actually kept us on track with our wedding planning, and made the concept of taking photos relaxing. I am a nervous posed picture taker, and not once did I feel posed - I just felt like I was hanging out with friends and someone was capturing the moment. This is exactly what you want in your wedding photographer. You will not be disappointed and I can't highly recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Casselyn, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can literally not say enough good things about working with Ben and the This Is Feeling team. Ben shot our wedding weekend in Greenville, South Carolina in April 2017. From the get go, communicating with Ben was easy and simple. think what stood out the most (besides the INCREDIBLE photos Ben and team captured and produced) was that he really CARED about us and our wedding day. We became friends. We trusted them and felt so comfortable which is pretty much impossible for an OCD bride planning a destination wedding! Our breath was literally taken away at the slides show This Is Feeling created. A lot of people hire a photographer just for the price or photos, but I truly think it goes beyond that. You want to build a relationship with your photographer to ensure they understand your goals and hopes. Ben did more than that - he shares his tribal knowledge of weddings with us on what is REALLY important, which is the small moments that pass you by in the flurry of a wedding day/weekend. It really makes a huge difference to work with a vendor that you can trust and know they want the best for you - especially in wedding planning. We cannot thank Ben and team enough for capturing our wedding weekend and truly becoming a friend and trusted partner. I thought I was crazy asking a photographer to travel to an out of town wedding - but it was the right decision. Ben made my husband and I feel comfortable and working with us to create a unique, custom package to suit our wants and needs. Great value for the investment. Highly highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

If I could give Ben and This Is Feeling Photography 100 stars I would. The most important decision for me on the wedding way was finding the perfect photographer. Ben exceeded our expectations and I can't recommend him enough. The photographs themselves are stunning works of art, but Ben offers much more than just his photography skills. We had an unfortunate mishap with our venue days before the wedding and Ben was the very first person I reached out to and he helped put my mind at ease and used his experience and expertise to help make our wedding day perfect. The day of the wedding he even put together a slideshow so our guests could enjoy some photographs during the reception. Go visit Ben at his beautiful studio, and book him before you let the opportunity to work with him pass you by!

Profile Picture Megg, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I first stumbled across This is feeling while my mother and I were at a trade show this past January. Normally I would never attend a wedding trade show as typically it doesn't house vendors that I would be naturally drawn to. However, that was not the case when I walked up to the This is feeling booth and met Ben and his wife. I was instantly drawn to their stylistic approach and wanted to learn more. After a great conversation and consulting with my now husband we decided to move forward. We got the pleasure of being paired up with Kevin. Once we were matched he scheduled a call with us to get to know us better, there was an instant connection and we felt like a friendship was formed! Kevin was a true pleasure to work with. He nailed our engagement session listening to every part of what we wanted to portray in our photographs and what was special to us. Six months later was our wedding, where we had the pleasure of working with Kevin and Jake who was the second shooter. I can't tell you what a fantastic duo they were. Wedding photographs are an investment for lifelong memories on one of the most important days of your lives. I am so lucky for the beautiful memories we will have forever captured by This is feeling, thank you again!

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/16/16, 1 Review

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was love at first site with this photography studio! I knew the moment I saw their work on theknot.com that they were the ones I wanted photographing our wedding, and they lived up to our every hope and dream. They were the only photographers I contacted and we were so lucky to be able to book them. We loved them because their work really shone with genuine emotion and feeling (no pun intended) while all others appeared stiff, posed, and unappealingly planned. Their style is unique in that it's whimsical, artsy, and documentary-like. They capture candid, authentic, beautiful and beautifully organic moments along with some of the more formal portraiture. They were kind, funny, and great to work with during the planning process which was tough because we live out of state and planned from afar. We met our photographers, Jake and Kevin, on the DAY OF the wedding and they were truly out of this world!!! These guys were so nice and easy-going, and while we were overwhelmed by everything that was happening and even a little bit uncomfortable in our own skin, they made the day SO much fun and put us right at ease. I felt myself begin to relax in front of their cameras because they were such good guys and good sports who were clearly also having fun, which only made it more fun for us. They were true professionals and their passion for a good shot was infectious. I absolutely can't wait to see what they came away with from our special day, and only wish we lived closer to the Chicago area so we could take these two guys out for a beer. They were incredible and we can never thank them enough. If you're undecided as to your photographer for YOUR special day, I'd pick this group 1000 times over again. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/10/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

It was love at first sight with this photography studio! I knew the moment I saw their work on theknot.com that they were the ones I wanted photographing our wedding, and they lived up to our every hope and dream. They were the only photographers I contacted and we were so lucky to be able to book them. We loved them because their work really shone with genuine emotion and feeling (no pun intended) while all others appeared stiff, posed, and unappealingly planned. Their style is unique in that it's whimsical, artsy, and documentary-like. They capture candid, authentic, beautiful and beautifully organic moments along with some of the more formal portraiture. They were kind, funny, and great to work with during the planning process which was tough because we live out of state and planned from afar. We met our photographers, Jake and Kevin, on the DAY OF the wedding and they were truly out of this world!!! These guys were so nice and easy-going, and while we were overwhelmed by everything that was happening and even a little bit uncomfortable in our own skin, they made the day SO much fun and put us right at ease. I felt myself begin to relax in front of their cameras because they were such good guys and good sports who were clearly also having fun, which only made it more fun for us. They were true professionals and their passion for a good shot was infectious. I absolutely can't wait to see what they came away with from our special day, and only wish we lived closer to the Chicago area so we could take these two guys out for a beer. They were incredible and we can never thank them enough. If you're undecided as to your photographer for YOUR special day, I'd pick this group 1000 times over again. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Thisisfeeling did an absolutely amazing job from beginning to end! We worked with Ben for our engagement and wedding pictures. From the start, Ben really got to know my husband and I which was refreshing and comforting knowing that he would be capturing one of the most intimate moments of our lives. It was important for us not to get your typical “stand here, pose and smile” pictures.

Before our engagement session, Ben met with us in person and really understood what we were looking for – the engagement pictures were fantastic. This made us super excited to see what he would do for our wedding pictures.

Before the wedding Ben set up additional conversations to talk to us about our wedding – everything and anything that was important for us. On the day of our wedding Ben and Eric (our second photographer) did an outstanding job! They felt like part of my family helping make my day special – I didn’t feel like I had “photographers” there, they were an extension of us.

I was super anxious to get our wedding pictures and when we did – I cried like a baby! Thisisfeeling exceeded our expectations (which were already high from our engagement session) capturing intimate moments and emotions throughout the day. I cannot recommend them enough – your wedding day pictures are an investment and these guys are worth every penny!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Photography was at the top of our priority list. It was really important for us to be able to capture the heart, spirit, and love throughout our wedding day. We could not have found a better photographer than Ben. We met with a lot of photographers and were struck by the ease in which we could connect with Ben and the approach brought forward from This Is Feeling. Not only was their photography beautiful and matched the artistic style we were looking for, there was also a strong sense of intentionality in relationship building with us, learning our story, and creating space to talk about what was most important for us to be captured. We had a great engagement session with Ben in Chicago, which left us really excited and confident about our wedding photography. Ben was so easy to work with on our wedding day in Madison, WI and brought along a second shooter as well. We experienced some major weather struggles and Ben was able to work really well around it and decrease our concerns. Our photos were breathtaking and accurately captured the moments that mattered most to us. We are so appreciative to have found This Is Feeling and would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Robert, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Easy to work with. very professional. Interested in what matters most to bride & groom.

Profile Picture User5198693, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We couldn't have been happier choosing This is Feeling to photograph our wedding. We were drawn to their artistic photography style that seemed to capture the emotion in each photo so well. We worked with Mike and he was awesome! He took the time to get to know us and what was important to us about our special day. The most unique thing he asked is, what do you want to see in your photo album as you look back on it 10-20 years from now. What do you want to capture? And then he truly listened. It made us really think about our day and how important it was to us. He put us at ease in front of the camera which allowed us to focus on each other and all of the emotion surrounding the day itself. Mike was so fun and easy to connect with, knew his way around the city and found the perfect places to emulate our personal style. He captured the most perfect details and feelings in each shot, and we couldn't be happier with the result!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I met Ben and Mike at a wedding expo. They had gorgeous display so it was
easy to see how their work turned into something tangible. And they took the time to
speak to each person individually, which truly displayed their professionalism and level of service.

We reached out to them and they had us fill out a little questionnaire
of our expectations for the big day. Ben offered to have is either
come into the studio, Skype, or hop on a phone call to go through our
answers, which really made it convenient for us. About two months out,
we had a second call which was a little more in depth and personal to us as a couple (i.e. what parts of the day we were most looking forward to, etc.) and it was done individually, so they could really get each of our perspectives. This call was to narrow down from their staff who would be the best fit for our goals/objectives for the day and in the end Kevin was chosen as our lead photographer.

The day of, Kevin and Missy, his assistant, showed up ready to work. They really put everyone at ease and were extremely patient with all the complications thrown at them (i.e. young children, huge group formal portraits, other bridal parties at shoot locations, etc.) They really fed off of our ideas and came up with new ones on the spot. They scheduled a "Premiere" following our wedding at their studio where we viewed a slideshow . We knew there were a few gems before we even saw the pictures, but once the online gallery was available to share with our friends and family, it was beyond our expectations. They captured off-beat moments, interesting angles, minute details, and creative dance floor shots that really captured the energy of the day. It is going to be extremely difficult picking our favorites for our wedding photo album to come.

Profile Picture User4254708, 2+ years ago, 17 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files

One of the first things my husband and I booked for our wedding day was our photographer. It was extremely important to us to have the day captured and have amazing photographs for us to remember by, especially when the day flies by so quickly. We had received several recommendations from friends for different photographers in Chicago, but This Is Feeling was so unique compared to the rest. As soon as we met with Ben from This Is Feeling we immediately booked him that day. Not only is he incredibly talented but also so easy to talk to and really does try to get a feel of exactly what you are looking for and what is important to you and your significant other. He is not pushy in any way (compared to my prior experience with some other well known photographers) and respects your time and wishes. We did engagement photos to feel him out to know what to expect on our wedding day and help calm our nerves being in front of a camera. He is very laid back and makes you feel at ease and incredibly comfortable. To be honest I didn't even feel like he was there taking pictures- he catches so many amazing candids that really shows your true feelings and expressions at that moment. My husband and I were blown away by our wedding photos. This Is Feeling put a lot of hard work and time to ensure they capture what is important to us, and they did that and more. I would highly recommend booking them!!

Profile Picture Paula, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had an amazing experience with This is Feeling! My (now) husband and I were trying to find a photographer that fit our style while appeasing to our parents idea of "good photography". This was quite challenging considering that we were planning a Chicago wedding while living in New York City. Ben and his team were wonderful! They met with us over various Skype sessions to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted. We were worried that our parents wouldn't appreciate some of the stylistic photos and would think they were too "touch feely" (pun intended), but both of our parents absolutely loved every photo!
Kevin did such a great job making sure he got photos that really captured all emotions felt during the wedding! He always maintained professionalism and was able to help us predict where things could get disorganized which made everything work so smoothly on the big day(s). We loved working with him and are bummed that we don’t live in Chicago to grab more beers with him. My husband and I are were pretty awkward and nervous about being in front of a camera, and Kevin made it so easy and natural. The photo slide show continues to bring laughs and tears for anyone we show it to.
Thanks Ben and Kevin for making our special weekend unforgettable!

Profile Picture Neha, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning