Chelsey Joy Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 26 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Mitchell M. Getting married on 07/09/2022

Easy to work with and very talented photographer

Chelsey was an exceptional photographer/event coordinator for my proposal to my fiancée. She was very easy to work with and was willing to go above and beyond to make our special day perfect. Our proposal took place on the snowiest winter day late January had to offer and our proposal location was closed due to snow blocked roads from the blizzard. Chelsey displayed great problem solving skills and provided a great alternative for the proposal location. She even stood out in the cold and snow while she waited for the perfect moment for me to get down on one knee. After the proposal we did a photo shoot, and Chelsey made my fiancée and me feel so comfortable. The pictures came out even better than we imagined with the snow falling in the background, and whenever a friend or family comes to our house they comment about how beautiful the photos came out.

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words! I'm so grateful to have captured this special moment for you two. It was a beautiful snowy day, and I was happy to help make sure everything turned out great for your proposal. So happy for you two!
  • Sharon
    Sharon B. Getting married on 06/12/2022

Can't say enough good things!

Chelsey has been so so amazing! My husband and I were planning a wedding around my very sick mother earlier this year, with little to no information and she was so flexible and sweet and kind to us for our situation. When we could no longer take the original route we wanted, she was completely understanding and empathic, she even surprised us with sweet gifts. She is not "just" a photographer she is so much more than that. We recently took our Save the Date photos and that was our first time meeting her, and she was so fun to work with and she made it so easy, because even though my husband and I never had professional photos done before, it was so seamless and exciting. She's the best!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Sharon! I had so much fun with you two, and am so glad to hear that you've enjoyed the process so far. Excited to capture your special day next year!
  • Austin
    Austin T. Getting married on 06/01/2022

Perfect Photographer to Capture Your Special Moment

What can I say about Chelsea that a photograph can't? She is amazing! Helped me capture my proposal and she was nothing less than perfect. We met the week of to review proposal spots (while fighting mosquitos); got to the location 20 minutes early to make sure it wasn't taken; and spent an hour taking the most breathtaking photos we have ever seen. To be honest, I didn't think I could ever look as good as her photographs made me look! Absolutely would recommend her to friends, family, and all of you. Thanks for the awesome work!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Austin! So grateful that you had me capture this special moment. You and Jordan definitely made getting bitten by mosquitos totally worth it!
  • Mary
    Mary S. Getting married on 05/29/2022

Chelsey is everything I wanted and more!

Chelsey is incredible to work with! We just completed our engagement photos with her, and could not be happier with the photos. She was patient while we did pictures with our puppy, and knew exactly the right shots to get. Additionally, the information and suggestions Chelsey sent before the engagement shoot were so helpful - what to wear, what colors & patterns work with the camera, and location ideas. As someone who is not comfortable in front of the camera, my anxiety for having my pictures taken at my upcoming wedding has decreased significantly. I can't wait to see the beautiful photos she'll capture on our wedding day!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Mary! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the whole process so far, and that you had such a great experience at your engagement session. I’m so excited to capture your wedding day!
  • Erica
    Erica M. Married on 10/16/2021

Talented, Experienced Professional

We were so thrilled with our decision to hire Chelsey to photograph our wedding and engagement photos. Not only is Chelsey an incredibly talented photographer, she is also very professional and just a great person to work with.
    When we looked through Chelsey's portfolio, I was so impressed by her ability to capture so many important moments; her portraits, candids and shots of details were absolutely stunning.
    During our engagement photo shoot, we were so nervous about looking awkward or unnatural but Chelsey did such a wonderful job of helping us act naturally. That shoot ended up being so much fun and the photos were beautiful. We were happy to feature them on our Save the Dates and Invitations.
    Our wedding was impacted by the pandemic- we chose to postpone by a year and Chelsey made that process incredibly easy for us. She was also very empathetic in her communication with us during that process.
    Leading up to the big day, Chelsey had a ton of extremely helpful advice on how to make the day go smoothly and make sure the pictures were everything we wanted. She took the time to listen to us and made sure she had a good understanding of what we wanted.
    The day of, Chelsey was extremely punctual and professional. She worked tirelessly to make sure she captured as many moments as possible. When our timeline got thrown off track, she was flexible and did her best to get any photos she could in the meantime. When other vendors tried to deviate from the timeline, she was firm but polite in letting them know we had to stick to the schedule.
    We just received our photos back in the timeframe Chelsey promised and they are stunning! She was able to capture incredible shots of all the wedding details and some wonderful candid moments in addition to all of the portraits. We had so much fun going through the photos and sharing them with our friends and families.
    If you are looking for an experienced professional who is great to work with, we can't recommend Chelsey enough. We are so grateful to her for giving us such beautiful photos of the best day of our lives.

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Erica, thank you so much for your kinds words and for taking the time to leave such a detailed review about your experience. I absolutely loved getting to capture you and Sam's special day!
    Jess Married on 10/02/2021

My wedding photos are amazing!!

I can’t say enough good things about Chelsey. The photos from our day turned out absolutely beautiful and she made me feel gorgeous in all my photos. She makes you feel comfortable during the process of taking photos. My husband hates his picture taken and he felt very comfortable with Chelsey! It shows in the pictures too! I can’t wait to use Chelsey for future life events!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Jess! I'm so glad that you and Jeremy had such a good experience and truly felt comfortable in front of my lens. You two are so kind, and I loved being able to capture this special day for you both! I'm also excited about capturing future life moments for you two!
  • Marie
    Marie P. Married on 09/11/2021

Great Wedding Pictures!

Great quality of work, easy to work with her, and she made the day a lot easier by making a timeline with us and being very flexible with the evolving plans.
    Anna H. Married on 08/06/2021

The perfect photographer for our perfect day!

From the early planning stages to our wedding day to the finished photographs, Chelsey was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is highly talented, responsive, flexible, and kind - everything we could have hoped for in a wedding photographer. Not only was she professional and kept things moving along on our day, she was also calm and a reassuring presence. Most of all, we loved the photographs she created for us and we will treasure them for years to come. Chelsey is a fantastic photographer and a wonderful person - we highly recommend her!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Anna! So glad to hear that had such a great experience. I loved capturing this special day for you two!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Q. Married on 06/12/2021

Captured beautiful moments.

Chelsey is an amazing photographer we are so happy we booked her! She made me and my now husband extremely comfortable from the very beginning. Chelsey was detailed oriented, very responsive with any questions I had, and we love the moments she captured, our wedding pictures are beautiful. I highly recommend you book Chelsey!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Amanda! I'm so glad I helped you two feel comfortable throughout your wedding photography experience. I've really enjoyed getting to know you two!
  • Isaac
    Isaac A. Married on 05/10/2021

Captured our proposal wonderfully!

Chelsey took amazing pictures of our proposal. We are from out of town, and she was very helpful providing me with location advice and offering phone consultations beforehand. The quality of her photography was top notch, and she was very friendly which made us feel at ease during the shoot! We love how the pictures turned out.
  • Olivia
    Olivia S. Married on 04/06/2021

Chelsey is amazing!

When planning my wedding, one of the most important aspects to me is finding the right photographer to capture our memories. This is why I am so happy that we found Chelsey. From the start she has been extremely professional and receptive to my vision for our photos. She is also great at communicating and updating us with every step in the wedding photography process. She makes everything run seamlessly. Chelsey recently took my engagement pictures and I couldn't be happier; they came out amazing. I am so excited for her to capture our wedding!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Thanks, Olivia! You and Donnie are such a great couple, and I had so much fun capturing your engagement photos. I've enjoyed getting to know you two, and am so excited to capture your special day next year!
  • Asia
    Asia Y. Married on 04/03/2021

Exceptional Work!

Chelsey has been an angel to say the least. When I couldn’t find a photographer I went to google to save the day, and we are happy we did. Chelsey Joy Photography was very responsive, I sent an inquiry and in less than 72 hours I had a response. The process and communication was a breeze. Conveniently, all our emails and messages were in one place, with full access to them to refer back to when needed. Chelsey, very professional and well organized from start to finish. Additionally, she will travel to you. My pictures are better than I expected, they are perfect! Let’s not forget the complimentary slideshow download! We are beyond grateful and blessed to have such an awesome experience. Thank you again Chelsey Joy Photography!!!
  • Erin
    Erin A. Married on 09/19/2020

Proposal at the Morton Arboretum

I would absolutely recommend Chelsey to all! She spent the afternoon photographing my proposal and did an amazing job! She was sure to capture every important moment of that day. It all went by so fast and can be an absolute blur, so we feel so lucky to have these amazing photos to look back on. Chelsey really values each of her clients and will do everything she can to take the stress away of worrying about capturing all the right moments! Thank you so much for everything!
  • Rachael
    Rachael F. Married on 05/16/2020

Would recommend Chelsey!

Chelsey was great from the start! We were winners of a free engagement photo session and she treated us like nothing less than a paying customer. Chelsey was sweet, flexible, and fun from the start. My fiance and I were both very nervous/uncomfortable in front of the camera and Chelsey helped guide us with what to do and provided a light environment to make us feel at ease. She was the best and delivered photos in a timely manner (less than 2 weeks after our engagement shoot). Would definitely recommend her services!
    Kelly Married on 11/02/2019
    Chelsey was so great! Not only is she the sweetest, her photos turned out absolutely perfect. She captured our engagement absolutely perfectly and I am so thankful to have these photos for a lifetime. I would absolutely recommend Chelsey!
  • Stacy
    Stacy L. Married on 06/22/2019

Highly Recommend!

My husband and I hired Chelsey to photograph our wedding with only 4 months until our big day, when our former wedding photographer needed to cancel. Chelsey was more than willing to jump in with such short notice, and we are very happy that she did! We met with Chelsey a few times prior to our wedding to go over details. She was very accommodating prior to and during our wedding day. We have not seen all our photos at this point, but the ones that have been posted to her blog are amazing and have gotten us very excited to see the rest! I highly recommend Chelsey Joy Photography for whatever photography needs you have!
    Joanna H. Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing photographer!

Chelsey was amazing to work with. She is so sweet and always made us feel extremely comfortable. Her meeting times were flexible and accommodating. Our engagement session and our wedding photos are absolutely amazing and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Her and Emily were a great sport and took amazing pictures even with the huge rain storm we had on our wedding day. She was so positive and always had a smile on her face. We were looking for a photographer to capture us at the right moments and not have it feel “staged” and she did just that. I couldn’t thank her enough! Looking forward to use her for any future photography needs.
  • Gabby
    Gabby B. Married on 01/25/2019

Highly Recommend Chelsey Joy Photography!

Chelsey is punctual, professional, flexible, and caters to the needs of the couple! She captured our special day at the DuPage County Courthouse and Lincoln Park Conservatory. We had an elopement, and she was flexible and truly captured candid moments. The photography is high quality and professional! Chelsey Joy Photography was a pleasure to work with.
    Sydney Married on 10/27/2018

Extremely Happy!

We had Chelsey capture our wedding ceremony and some scenic photos afterwards in downtown Chicago. I had never hired a professional photographer before and was very pleased with how everything turned out. First of all, during our initial conversations over the phone, Chelsey was very professional, personable and thorough. She provided great information to us and asked all the right questions. She made sure to really pinpoint what it was that we were looking for in our photos. On our special day, Chelsey was punctual, polite and again very professional. She took our initial discussions and put them into practice. She was also very patient and kind to our family and friends involved in our photos. Most of all, we are so very happy with how the photos turned out. You can tell that Chelsey really cares and takes pride in her work, which is something I admire. She also added some special personalized touches throughout the process, which really stood out. I would highly recommend Chelsey Joy Photography for helping you to capture any of your future special events. Thank you, Chelsey!
    Vince Married on 10/20/2018
    Chelsey did an amazing job capturing this special event for me. I hit her up total late notice and she was nothing but helpful in making sure everything went as perfect as it could for my proposal. I'm so happy we will have these pictures of this special moment forever! I would recommend Chelsey to everyone. Very personable, good price point, and very exceptional work! Thanks again chelsey!
    Cristina Married on 10/20/2018
    We had Chelsey take our engagement photos and they turned out great.She was very professional and courteous.She took her time and did a very nice job.I was also unsure of where to have the photos taken and Chelsey was very helpful with suggesting St James Farm,which had the farm and autumn scenery we where looking for and the photos she took of our puppy.I would definitely recommend her to friends and family.
    Jill Married on 09/01/2018
    Chelsea is the ABSOLUTE best! We vibed well with her immediately upon our initial meeting and she made us feel comfortable. Because of this, we knew she was the perfect photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. Our fall engagement session was everything we hoped it would be and we love sharing these pictures of such an exciting time in our lives. We are counting down the days till our wedding and expect to love her work even more then!
    Carson J. Married on 08/23/2018

Bath, MI wedding

I was blown away by the quality of our photos and how natural she made us look! She was respectful, personable and captured our wedding day perfectly. I would pay for her services over and over and over again!
  • Elisabeth
    Elisabeth D. Married on 05/25/2018

Everything and More

Being a photographer myself, I knew that it would be a chore for me to hire a photographer. I wanted someone who would showcase me and my special day, but wouldn't interfere. Someone who could take charge, but let me and my friends be ourselves. And I was scrutinizing each vendor with not only a choosy bride's eye, but a photographer's eye as well.

BOY did I make a good choice when I chose Chelsey. Her style is a great mix of traditional and photojournalistic. I got my staged family photos, and great candid shots. She captured a great moment when my husband answered a phone call while we were taking photos after our first look and I made an incredulous face at him. It's hilarious! One of my favorites. Lots of little moments like that, and I'll cherish them forever.

She was professional from the get go - eager to discuss my vision so she could tailor her quote to my specific needs. Detailed contract. Great communication. She made sure to meet with us ahead of time so she could get a feel for us, which really relaxed my husband on the big day. She even bought us "Hubby" and "Wifey" mugs as a pre-wedding gift!

She got our photos back to us with great turnaround time, and they are FANTASTIC. Immediately I got tons of compliments on the pictures. My sister loved them so much that she sent Chelsey a personal message. In addition to hosting them in an online gallery, she mailed me a decorative wooden box with a decorative wooden flash drive, fifteen or twenty high quality 4x6 prints (which was something that was NOT included as part of the package I was paying for, but an exciting bonus), and a beautiful key shaped bottle opener (we got married at a brewery, so it felt like a gift specifically for me). The box itself I'm now using to store wedding mementos like my jewelry and garter.

I look at my photos every day and love them more and more. When the big day is over, the photos are what you have left. My ONE regret is being too budget conscious and not having Chelsey come earlier and stay later. That's on me. She was worth every penny and I should have booked her for the whole day! When you hire Chelsey (and you should, go do it right now), pay her for an hour earlier and an hour later than you're thinking. It's worth it, it's so worth it.

tldr: she's amazing. She gave me everything I wanted and more. 12/10 would recommend.
    Nicolette Married on 11/10/2017

Talented & perfect to capture your special day!

You’re going in the wrong direction if you DONT pick Chelsey as your photographer. She is an absolute doll and is amazing at what she does. Our engagement pictures were the first time my husband and I took professional pictures and we were nervous. But Chelsey makes you feel so comfortable and the pictures prove it! Our wedding photos are amazing and the day was captured perfectly. She is soo easy to work with, flexible, super responsive and helped everything run smoothly on our wedding day!! I would highly recommend this photographer to help capture any of your future events—thank you Chelsey!!

Chelsey Joy Photography's reply:

Aww thanks, Brittany! You and Ryan are the sweetest and I had so much fun capturing your special day. Looking forward to capturing future moments for you!