Chelsea Stratso Photography Reviews

Chelsea Stratso Photography 4
Chelsea Stratso Photography 5

Leah · Married on 03/28/2019

BEST Photographer

Chelsea is not only extremely talented but she was such a joy to be around. She was kind, personable, funny, and so much fun! Planning a destination wedding can be stressful being that everything is done via phone calls/emails but Chelsea was patient with all of our questions, attentive, and very quick in her responses.

The photos she captured were amazing and memories that will last us a lifetime. I HIGHLY recommend Chelsea. to all future couples... you will not regret it! xoxo

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • karla

karla · Married on 10/16/2018

Picture perfect wedding

If you choose Chelsea you will not regret it!
    The most challenging thing is finding the right person to share this experience with, especially when your miles away planning a destination wedding. You want someone that makes you feel confident and beautiful and to give you one less thing to worry about. Chelsea did that and more. She was professional, kind and patient through out the entire process. I absolutely love how the photographs came out she is extremely talented. She made it the best experience possible. She was quick to respond to any messages and also wants what’s best for you.My family loved her so much by the end of the night everyone knew her name and she knew theirs. Thank you for making my day even more beautiful. I’m happy we got to share some laughs and have some fun. We could not stop hugging each other goodbye when it was all over. I know I gained a friend! Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you Karla!! Your friends and family made me feel so welcome! You and Anthony are amazing and I hope to see you again soon!
  • Trinh

Trinh · Married on 10/14/2018

One of my best wedding decisions EVER!

One of the best decisions I've made for the wedding was booking Chelsea as our photographer! I did tons of research and after coming across Chelsea's wedding wire page, I decided to dig deeper by reviewing her instagram, website, and the knot reviews. I usually wait a few days to see if my feelings would change, but days later, I think I wanted her even more after reading her blogs. I booked her about 10 months in advance, and I'm so happy I found her because my sunset photos (1 hour session the day before the wedding) AND the wedding day photos are so beautiful! I'm still swooning over them til this day. She's very easy to work with and she knows how to take flattering photos of you. Also, my wedding party was so impressed that she was able to do all those photos on her own. Again, she was one of my best wedding decisions ever!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

You are so sweet!! I loved being part of your beautiful Maui wedding! I know we hugged like 5 times on my way out but I want to give you 5 more hugs!

Emily Dreier · Married on 09/22/2018

Book this lady! You will not be disappointed.

Book this lady! You will not be disappointed. Chelsea took both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Chelsea’s work is bright, happy and I love how she captures real emotion and sweet candid moments. If the amazing photos aren’t enough for you, you also get to hang out with a super fun, flexible and hilarious person for an hour+. Chelsea made us both feel so comfortable and fabulous in front of the camera during both of our shoots. She was so easy to communicate with and replied to my million questions very quickly despite the 6 hour time difference. For both shoots, she delivered our pictures to us in less than the expected time and even sent us several engagement previews early so that I could have them printed for my bridal shower. You cannot beat the price, quality, and professionalism of this lady. The photos I got from these shoots will last a lifetime and each one of them is so special to me. Chelsea, thank you for being a part of our day and capturing every detail perfectly! I wish I could give her 6 stars!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Chelsea Stratso Photography 6
    Chelsea Stratso Photography 7

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Emily! You guys are amazing and I was so happy to get to know you and be part of your day!

Jordan · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Chelsea! Hiring her for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. She is personable, professional and clearly has a passion for what she does. She was absolutely amazing on-site. She was more than willing to get hit by an ocean wave to get an absolutely STUNNING photo that we adore. She clearly captured each and every moment of the day and it is such a joy to look back at the pictures and relive our big day. We even ran into her on our honeymoon during a horseback riding excursion and she was quick to snap a few pictures of that as well! If we could give more than 5 stars, we would. Thank you, Chelsea!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review Jordan - it was awesome to be part of your day and I still crack up when I tell people about running into you guys on the trail ride! You two are adorable, congratulations again!

Kilee · Married on 06/09/2018

Chelsea was super patient with us and I was able to call her more then once when I had questions. She pictures of everything which is exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 06/03/2018

My experience with Chelsea was the best! She put us at ease and had a great eye for beautiful photo ops. I felt like I had known her for years, she is that good at making you feel comfortable and spontaneous, which makes for the best photos!
    I am thankful Chelsea was my photographer on such an important day and would heartily recommend her.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Chelsea Stratso Photography 8
    Chelsea Stratso Photography 9
    Chelsea Stratso Photography 10

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Aww thank you Yvonne!! I am SO glad I made you feel comfortable, I feel like that's one of the most important jobs as a photographer. Congratulations again!

Javier · Married on 05/29/2018

Chelsea was amazing. She not only captured excellent snapshots of our wedding, but also how the event unfolded: the dressing up, the make up, the set up, the venue... the arrival of the guests, our walk down the aisle... When she announced that we were heading to the beach to take more picks, I had no idea it would be a fun and enjoyable experience. She integrated our sudden ideas, sense of humor and overall mood into both the pics and the process. The pictures she took of the rest of the event, like dinner, first dance, etc... It was all just beautiful. Some of these pictures are my current favorite and whenever I am asked about the wedding I immediately resort to them to show the joy, the happiness and beauty that it had.
    Chelsea also seamlessly integrated with the rest of the staff, helping out in little things and helping us making the experience overall better. I would definitely recommend her services anytime, to anyone.

Sent on 08/24/2018

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review, Javier! You both were a dream to work with, and I absolutely loved photographing all the emotions of your day, especially the laughs!!

Hayley · Married on 05/10/2018

Chelsea was absolutely great to work with and very responsive. She was so friendly and easy going. I could not be more happy with my experience and would book again with her for any occasion. She was very helpful in planning out the details of my big day. I highly recommend her for your wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Sara · Married on 02/15/2018

Chelsea is the best!!! I was planning my wedding from overseas and Chelsea was so professional and friendly, I cannot thank her enough! the professional photos from our wedding were more than I could have imagined and her pricing is very competitive! thank you Chelsea!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2017

My husband and I are so happy that we hired Chelsea to be our photographer for our beach wedding. We were so pleased with how fast she responded to our initial request, as well if we had any questions or concerns during our planning.
    Chelsea is a very kind and patient person. On the day of our wedding she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. We loved how she captured all aspects of our wedding, from our decorations to our family. Now we can relive every moment of our special day through our photographs.
    We would definitely hire Chelsea Stratso again! Thank you and Aloha~

Sent on 10/12/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/17/2017

We used Chelsea both for our engagement photos and wedding photos. She gave us a discount on our engagement photos since we booked both engagement and wedding photos with her. Chelsea is such an amazing photographer and at a really great price. She's personable, accommodating, and went above and beyond our expectations. She was easy to work with and gave us great guidance while taking the photos, but was unobtrusive at times when that was important. The real proof is in her photos. They are beyond amazing. We can't believe how well they turned out. Everybody we've shown has commented on how great they look. You can tell Chelsea is always trying to better herself as a photographer. Even though she has years of experience, she came to the wedding with a ton of new ideas. She came early, stayed late, and you could tell that she was happy to be there. We're SO glad we chose Chelsea as our photographer. These are pictures we'll cherish forever and we would highly recommend Chelsea to other couples. Thanks Chelsea!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Erin · Married on 07/07/2017

Great work! Chelsea was the photographer on our tiny, barefoot, romantic first wedding of two,
    on our home island of Oahu. She captured so many great moments and we were very happy with her work. Also, she is a sweetie and easy to hang out with. Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/21/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/08/2017

I knew Chelsea was the photographer for our elopement when she was so quick to respond to my emails and helped me choose my location after changing my mind so many times. Being in Australia I had only email and was able to work everything I need to out with Chelsea so easily. She was so lovely on our wedding day and was really patient with our 2 year old son who cried the whole ceremony and during the photos!
    Thanks again Chelsea! Highly recommend her and would not choose anyone else!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Sophia · Married on 12/14/2016

Hiring Chelsea to shoot my wedding was one of the best decisions I've made. I honesty can't say enough good things. She is incredible. Not only does she get those precise, fleeting moments (first look shot, anyone?), she captures all of the emotion and feeling of the day. The final results don't feel like they've been filtered and airbrushed to death, and looking at the photos feels exactly like being back in the moment. To top it all off, she's a delightful person who makes having someone follow you around with a camera feel like the most natural thing in the world. Hire her, and hire her fast, before she realizes that she could be charging 12 times her fee with the quality of her work.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/01/2016

I saw Chelsea's website and I immediately knew I wanted her to be our photographer for our Hawaiian elopement. I love how she captures the moment and the beautiful Hawaiian surroundings in every picture. At the time I found Chelsea, I was still figuring out which beach the ceremony would take place on and who the officiant would be. With Chelsea's help, we found an officiant and figured out the location and the best time. During the session, it was very easy and natural. Even though we don't normally take pictures like that, she made us feel very comfortable and we had a lot of fun. She was completely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process and as expected, she took really great pictures. If you're looking for a talented, professional, helpful and efficient photographer, look no further. Mahalo Chelsea!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Michelle. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your session with me and love your images! Best wishes!

Tash · Married on 02/20/2016

We flew in from Australia for our Hawaiian destination wedding and organized everything with Chelsea through one phone call and a handful of emails. It was so easy and Chelsea was super friendly and professional!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

I had so much fun photographing your destination wedding, Tash! Thank you for your review and best wishes!

Kelly · Married on 01/21/2016

Chelsea did a wonderful job photographing our wedding on the beach in Oahu. She took time to personalize everything and made us all feel so comfortable. Chelsea is a real gem I would recommend for any event!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

I know having portraits taken can be awkward at times, so I am so glad to know that I made you guys feel comfortable! Enjoy your images :)

Megan · Married on 01/05/2016

We used Chelsea to photograph our Hawaiian destination wedding. We made arrangements with her through phone and email. She was super polite and professional the day of our wedding. She directed us to get some amazing shots. She truly has a great vision for wedding photography. We appreciate her patience and flexibility with us and we were so pleased with our photos, especially for the price!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review, Megan! I loved photographing your destination wedding in Kaneohe, it was the perfect backdrop for the ceremony.

Sonia · Married on 11/03/2015

I hired Chelsea to photograph our wedding, She did such an amazing job of capturing moments throughout the ceremony and post ceremony along the beach scenery. The pictures came out GORGEOUS and we are so very happy with them!!! I definitely recommend her for a wedding, big or small. She is very personable and professional. You will not be disappointed. In addition, all coordination was done from Texas, seamless, never an issue and very fast response to any messages.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thanks Sonia, your Waimanalo ceremony was beautiful and they are still some of my favorite elopement images!

Kristilynn · Married on 10/23/2015

Chelsea is the epitome of a professional! Not only are our photographs perfect and beautiful but she did everything she could to make sure our wedding was amazing! Chelsea is extremely flexible and creative! If ever back in Hawaii I will seek her out for another photo session. She is amazing!!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kristi! Your Makapuu ceremony was so beautiful. Best wishes!

Dawn Mae · Married on 10/10/2015

Chelsea is absolutely a pleasure to work with. She's calm, cool, and collected and was very open to what we wanted. She took the time to get to know us and feel us out so that she was able to deliver the style of photos we wanted for the most important day of our lives! I love her work so much that I hired her again to photograph me riding horse in the upcoming Kamehameha day parade. We have received so many compliments on our wedding photos and I am so thankful for that! Chelsea is easy to work with, is reasonably priced, and she delivers a quality product - you can't ask for more than that in a wedding photographer! You really can't! Most people want to rip you off (real talk!), but not Chelsea. She's fair and fun and I'm sure I will hire her again when I get pregnant LOL

Sent on 05/24/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thanks for your review Dawn, I am so happy to get to document huge milestones for you and Micah!

Bill · Married on 10/09/2015

She is very creative in getting just the right pic for a pro look while keeping the subjects relaxed and capturing the very important moments. Chelsea was absolutely wonderful to work with during our ceremony and well after delivering our pictures. Highly recommend her services!!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

I am always so happy to hear clients say they felt relaxed in front of the camera! Thanks for having me at your Kahala ceremony! :)

By far one of the best photographers I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with!!! We used her for our vow renewal Service and she captured every moment perfectly!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Chelsea Stratso Photography's reply:

Thanks Sonja, I loved working with you and Janet. The view at Diamond Head Cliffs is still one of my favorites!

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2017

Chelsea was such a great photographer to work with. Before hiring her, she provided me with a consult over the phone about her style and vision to make sure she was the right photographer for my big day. I instantly was attracted to her artistic style and am so happy I chose her to document my big day! She was quick to respond in the planning process, and was on time day of. Her and her assistant made sure they took all of the shots requested and stuck to the timeline I provided. The images were ready in less time than promised- about 4 weeks out. The images are beautiful and I am so happy with how easy it was to download them and purchase prints. I would recommend her to my best friend that's how great she was to work with! Mahalo, Chelsea!!!

Sent on 10/03/2017