Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair Reviews

24 | Palm Springs, CA

24 Reviews for Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair

• Madison

Madison Rademacher · Married on 02/15/2020

Best Hair and Makeup Ever!

Chelsea was so amazing. Hair and makeup was something I was nervous about as I don't usually get it done and she killed it! I was so comfortable all day long! Usually with my hair or makeup done I'm always thinking about it, be careful with touching your face, dont move your head too much or the hair will fall out and I had none of those concerns. It also lasted all day long! Usually I curl my hair tight and by the time of the event it has fallen. She started with loose curls and by the end of the night it looked exactly the same. I didn't even feel like it was hairspray crunchy.

Her demeanor was amazing too. I loved how easy going and chill she was during both my trial and the big day. She really put me at ease and was game to try out colorful eyeshadow and play around with the hairstyle to make sure it was what was most flattering on me.
    She also killed it with everyone else's makeup, they all looked like themselves but better. If you doing a palm springs wedding, you must look into her!

Sent on 02/21/2020

Marchese Taylor · Married on 10/26/2019

amazing makeup

i had my bridal (and 3 bridesmaids) makeup done by jessica at chelsea nicole hmu and couldn't recommend them highly enough. jessica did an amazing job on all four of us, we all felt beautiful and still natural/not totally caked with makeup. chelsea dealt with all the planning elements and even checked in with me before going on maternity leave to make sure i didn't need anything else right before my wedding. i definitely recommend doing a trial run ahead of time, it really helps you figure out what you want and what looks best on you with your makeup artist.

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • erin

erin · Married on 05/18/2019

One Stop Shop for ALL your Wedding Beauty Needs

I was introduced to Chelsea Nicole through my wedding planning, Trish (The Walk Down The Aisle), and I'm so glad I chose to work with them!
    They knew how my hair was going to look for my wedding, so I had them add highlights to my hair 2 weeks before the wedding (they came out amazing!). They also did my custom spray tan. I'm fair skinned and wanted a sun kisses look without the orange spray tan tone. The quality of the product they use and the personalization of the tan to my body made it come out perfectly.

They went above and beyond my expectations with hair styling and make up on my wedding day and the stylists are so much fun! We were constantly laughing. They did my hair/make up, my mother's hair/make up, and my bridesmaid's hair/make up (4).

I'd highly recommend them for any event or wedding needs!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/04/2019

Felt Like a Supermodel

What an incredible team they have at Chelsea Nicole! I ended up changing my mind about my hair after the trial. Taylor rolled with the punches and created such an epic look. I felt amazing and she made all the ladies who used her services feel at ease and so happy with their looks.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 04/06/2019

Just What I Imagined!

I am not a hair or makeup aficionado, so I was nervous about picking hair/makeup for my wedding. Where did I even start? Would I be pushed into doing something I wouldn't be happy with? Luckily, my wedding planner pointed me to Chelsea and her team. They were sweet, professional, and stress-free, and made great recommendations but didn't push me or anyone in my party to do anything they didn't like. Needless to say, Chelsea made my vision come to life and then some. Thanks Chelsea!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Molly Cohen · Married on 03/11/2019

Amazing hair and makeup vendor!

Chelsea Nicole and team were absolutely fantastic! Chelsea did my hair and makeup and totally got my vibe. I wanted a minimalist look because I never wear makeup. She made me look fresh and dewy, but still like me, just enhanced. My husband HATES fake eyelashes, but Chelsea put them on me in such a way that he could not even tell I was wearing them! It was incredible--I've never felt more beautiful in my whole life and I love how they look in the pictures. Her team were experts at handling the bridal party. My mom wanted a glam look (which Laura nailed with perfection), and my MIL had never had hair or makeup done before. The team guided her to a look that was perfect for her--my MIL said she felt amazing! My bridesmaid is the type of person who can be very hard to deal with, but the team calmly and easily responded to her many unnecessary requests, ensuring that even she was very happy with the results! I loved being able to use one company for hair and makeup--it helped make sure the wedding day ran on time. And the whole team was extremely professional and talented. I fully recommend hiring Chelsea Nicole--you will be blown away!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 03/10/2019

She made me beautiful!

Taylor and Jessica did a beautiful job on myself and my bridesmaids. I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world.

Sent on 03/12/2019

Lindsey · Married on 06/10/2017

Chelsea styled me for my engagement shoot and wedding day-- and I couldn't have been happier with her-- she surpassed my wildest and greatest hopes! Chelsea and her team were friendly, down to earth, and master hair and makeup artists. She made me feel like a queen and the women in my party looked and felt amazing, too. Chelsea's communication was prompt and thorough and her pricing was fair. And, on a personal level, Chelsea is down-to-earth, kind, and easy to talk to-- a calming force in the midst of stress and excitement. What a gift to us during our big week. Can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/08/2017
  • April

April · Married on 06/03/2017

Chelsea was amazing! She came to my room at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs to do my makeup trial, which was where I had my bachelorette party. That was so convenient to have her come to me instead of going to her salon. I was very impressed with her professionalism and the setup she brought to the room. She is so adorable and I love her fashion style and personality! She was a perfect choice. Then for my wedding she came all the way out to Pioneertown,/ Yucca Valley and the travel cost was super inexpensive. Of course, Chelsea did an amazing job on my hair and makeup.
    I highly recommend her and if I have any future hair/makeup needs she will be the one I call. I can't wait to share our wedding photos with you if possible to see how great of a job she did. Love, April Brown.

Sent on 06/21/2017

Beth · Married on 05/20/2017

Don't hesitate to book Chelsea Nicole Hair & Makeup for your wedding. Chelsea is responsive, sweet and easy to work with. She was never too busy to deal with the minutia of my bridal makeup concerns, and was helpful in moving around scheduling to the very last days before my wedding. Lauren and Amber, her team members, were my makeup person and hairdresser, and they were punctual, prepared, and so sweet and reassuring on the day of my wedding. My hair did flop a bit in the crazy desert heat (no one's fault but the sun!), but my makeup lasted not only through 110 degree heat, but also through the ensuing pool party.

They are reasonably priced for the services they provide, professional, and aces at their craft. They did an amazing job not just on me, but my bridesmaids and mother in law, who all felt comfortable and beautiful in their makeup and hair. We were lucky to get them, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Chelsea and her team!

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 05/06/2017

I booked Chelsea for my wedding next year and did my trial for engagement photos this weekend. She was absolutely amazing in figuring out exactly what I want for my hair and makeup. I felt bad that I didn't have more critiques to offer her, but she really just nailed it initially with the look I wanted to go for. She really makes you feel comfortable and gives her honest opinion. My hair and makeup turned out better than I could've imagined and my fiance said if I look that gorgeous again on the wedding day, he'll be thrilled!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you Amber for booking with me! You were so great to work with and I cannot wait for your wedding next year!!

Christy · Married on 04/08/2017

Chelsea Nicole is AMAZING! I can't even put into full words how wonderful she is as an artist but also as a person. She has been helping me through the wedding process for almost 9 months. From the start, she was kind, informative, and personable. During our first meeting, we sat at a coffee shop for hours, not even talking about hair and makeup but instead we chatted about our interests and life. It was great to get to know her this way because I was going to be working with her a lot over the next year and I wanted to make sure we connected at a deeper level, which we did!

She helped me with my engagement photos hair and makeup and made me look like a desert goddess! I didn't even have to show her a picture, based on what she knew of me and what quick description of what I wanted, she ran with it like the artist she is and gave me exactly what I wanted.

Though she is in demand, she was able to get me an appointment for my wedding makeup and hair trial as well. We got to play around and experiment with different looks and hair accessories. By the time the wedding came around, other things might have stressed me out but not the look for the day. I knew Chelsea got this part covered, I had no doubt about it.

She arrived early on my wedding day, quickly set up with her crew, and they got to work on my girls and me. They were professional, accommodating, and according to my girls it was the best hair and makeup they've ever received. Even some of them took several photos so they could keep the memory for another special event. Chelsea picked an awesome team who worked efficiently and helped me create the vision I had for my wedding. It is seriously the prettiest I've ever looked but even more importantly, the prettiest I've ever felt.

Chelsea, thank you so much for everything you've done for me this past year. You are my top recommendation for anyone who is looking for a wonderful and talented makeup and hair gal.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/04/2017

Chelsea and her team were ABSOLUTELY phenomenal!!!!! Chelsea, in particular, was so responsive from the very beginning. She was also extremely patient and flexible during the entire planning process. Chelsea and 2 others did the makeup for my rehearsal dinner and wedding day (this included myself, my Mom, and 7 bridesmaids). Her team was efficient, prompt, kind, understanding, and fun. I HIGHLY recommend Chelsea Nicole Makeup and Hair - you would be making a mistake by not working with her!! You will definitely be in good hands and the team will take care of you always and will make sure you love the way you look before sending you off. So happy and so thrilled that we were able to work with Chelsea - she was amazing and her wonderful team was too!!!!!!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you Ashley for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day!

Jen · Married on 11/12/2016

I was so nervous going into my trial but Chelsea's skill quickly became apparent. This girl knows what she is doing, is creative yet classic and really let me collaborate with her on my look and color palate, creating custom lip, blush and eye shadow colors for my special day. Can't wait!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thanks Jen! - I am so excited for your wedding day!

Khrystyne · Married on 11/06/2016

Chelsea did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot, my makeup withstood the entire 8 hour day. My hair tends to fall and doesn't hold a curl, but Chelsea worked her magic and my hair was perfect throughout my entire engagement shoot which included a trip to the windmill farm in Palm Springs where it was extremely windy.

Chelsea also did my makeup for my wedding and hair and makeup for three bridesmaids, 3 others in the bridal party and one flower girl. Throughout the process leading up to my wedding, I was able to communicate with Chelsea easily. I had numerous changes to my wedding timeline and Chelsea was always able to accommodate the changes. I also added 1 girl to the hair and makeup schedule last minute and Chelsea was nothing but helpful in rearranging the schedule and making sure everyone had a plenty of time to get ready afterwards. Chelsea and her team's skills are nothing short of amazing, every girl in the bridal party looked and felt great. They were also a joy to have around while getting ready and made the whole morning so much fun.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Chelsea did hair and makeup for me and my bridal party (10 people total) for my wedding and it was absolutely perfect! From the very beginning of emailing with her to set up my hair and makeup trial to getting us all ready for the big event, Chelsea made sure every detail was looked after. She asked the right questions about what the look of the wedding would be, any allergies and set a timeline for the day. She did everything possible to make sure we looked picture perfect for photos and the entire wedding (even in the hot Palm Springs sun) and we did (I wish I could just live in my wedding eye makeup all the time and my undo was a dream). She gave me the cutest and most functional kit with everything I needed for any possible emergency (makeup touch up, stain remover, etc.). On top of all that, she and Jessica (who assisted her day of) are two cool chicks and were welcome additions to our group as we got ready. With Chelsea handling your looks for the day, it's very possible your most humble and shy bridesmaid will come out of her makeup session and say "do you see how amazing I look?!"

Sent on 10/05/2016

Melinda · Married on 07/09/2016

Chelsea Nicole services are beyond excellent! Very professional, and will work with absolutely anything you need! Chelsea was unavailable for my wedding date, however she contracted over her hair and makeup girls Taylor Doane and Jessica Gonzalez! I could not have asked for better people to do my hair and makeup on such a stressful day! They made the time fly by, helped with everything above and beyond including putting on jewelry, my dress and veil! Needless to mention they made me look absolutely stunning! My makeup and hair stayed on all night! They also gave me a touch up kit that was not used because of the amazing job they did! Which was shocking considering I have crazy thick hair and oily skin! They were absolutely amazing! I reccomend them to anybody and everybody!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Elsa · Married on 05/23/2015

Chelsea did my hair and makeup, as well as the hair and makeup for all my bridesmaids for my weekend this memorial day weekend. Chelsea and her team did a great job! Everyone loved how their looks came out, which is an impressive task with this group. Even my Mom was really pleased with her makeup and felt really great about her look all night. Also, the makeup photographed really well. This can be tricky because makeup that is too dark or too light can look great in-person, but not in photos. I am loving all the pictures I am getting back and my makeup really held up all night.

It is also worth nothing that Chelsea is a really great person to work with. She was friendly and laid back, which is great to have in a person on your wedding day. My girls all had a great time as we got ready for the wedding and many of them commented on how much they just like Chelsea.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Norell · Married on 05/09/2015

Chelsea was THE BEST makeup artist I could have found for my wedding this past Saturday. She did an AMAZING job. I decided to schedule a makeup trial with her a few months before the wedding and I was very pleased with how much care, attention and time that she gave to make sure that we found the perfect wedding makeup for my special day. She did an amazing job on my bridesmaids and my mother and mother in law as well. I HIGHLY recommend her - I actually found her on YELP and I could not have been happier! Not to mention, she's an absolute sweetheart and fun to chat with:) THANK YOU CHELSEA!!!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Chelsea Nicole Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you Norell for allowing me to be apart of your special day, it's an honor! - also, appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a review! - I know I said my thank yous via email so I won't babble on! Xoxo

Sarah · Married on 12/05/2014

Chelsea is absolutely amazing!!! First off, she recapped everything (from payments to makeup technique to next steps) in a timely follow up email - the ONLY vendor I worked with that was so professional. She was incredibly comfortable and easy - when I made a comment that it felt like I had a lot of makeup on, she quickly adjusted my look.

I did a trial (highly recommended) and tried with one look but then changed my mind on wedding day and she was great about the change and did a phenomenal job. I just showed her a pic and she made it happen!

I got rave reviews from everyone on my hair and makeup look. And all my bridesmaids looked incredible - she is a true artist and as professional as they come!

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • User5190888 · 2+ years ago

Chelsea did my makeup for a wedding. It was perfect. The other bridesmaids wanted red lipstick and I was not so into it, but Chelsea was confident in her ability to make red lipstick look amazing on all the bridesmaids. She worked her magic and we were all happy with our faces. She had excellent time management skills and was very professional. She maintained a very clean and organized makeup kit. She is the only makeup artist I will use for my wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

Chelsea did me and my two bridesmaid make up on my wedding day, and her team member Taylor did the MOB and MOG. They did an incredible job! I was feeling under the weather and hadn't slept a wink the night before, so I was feeling less than beautiful, and Chelsea completely transformed me into my most beautiful self! The make up was so comfortable to wear all day and was so natural and beautiful. Didn't feel like I looked overdone or anything. She and her team are incredibly talented - and the prices are very competitive. Thank you Chelsea!!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Savinie · Married on 12/16/2017

I hired Chelsea for her amazing hair capabilities. I wanted an updo, so finding a confident stylist who can do a killer updo is very important. Chelsea and her counterpart, Ashley, did hair for me, my 5 bridesmaids, MOB and MOG. Chelsea herself is very creative, professional and is the queen of updos. I knew i wanted to work with her when I first met her based on her style and energy. I wasn't very clear with what I wanted on my trial, but on the day of, she killed it with everything I envision and more. My updo was clean, modern, raised in the front and textured. My hair never fell apart even though I danced like a crazy person. My bridesmaids and mothers looked fabulous as well! Chelsea isn't the cheapest stylist in PSP, but she is worth it. Thanks Chelsea! XOXO

Sent on 01/03/2018

Kristen · Married on 03/25/2016

Chelsea is fantastic to work with! She is such a down to earth and genuine stylist to work with. Like several other vendors, being at a computer is not their main priority so response time is usually within 24-48 hours. Price is competitive within the desert market and she brought an fun squad with her to ensure that all the girls were taken care of in a timely manner. Thank you Chelsea!

Sent on 04/05/2016