Chelsea Brown Photography Reviews

21 Reviews for Chelsea Brown Photography

1 User photo

Chelsea Brown Photography 1

Sara · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Chelsea has been wonderful. Our wedding just happened, so our photos aren't in yet, but Chelsea also did our engagement photos and we were so happy with them. We're both people who are a) awkward and b) nervous about being photographed. Chelsea put us at ease and took beautiful photographs. I remember being nervous about getting the engagement photos back because I was under the impression that I "don't photograph well." There was no need for concern, because Chelsea sent back the most gorgeous photos. I've never felt so good about myself in photos, ever. She understands how awkward it can be to pose for professional photos and we were so thankful for her guidance throughout the process. Chelsea has been so empathetic to our needs and we are very grateful. We still get positive feedback on our engagement photos to this day. Most recently, Chelsea and her assistant Daighna photographed our wedding in Ann Arbor. It was an exceptionally hot day and I was becoming a cranky bride by the end of it, but they were very accommodating and reassuring and it made the photos go by very smoothly. Some members of the wedding party commented that they were the easiest, least pushy photographers they have ever worked with, and we really appreciate that. Chelsea listened to what we wanted and we are sure the wedding photos will be just as gorgeous as the engagement shots. We really can't thank Chelsea enough! She is incredibly talented and professional, while still being warm and easy to work with. We highly recommend her!

Grace · Married on 06/09/2018

We could not be happier with Chelsea (and the second shooter, Dana, for the day of the wedding!!), we had an awesome experience overall, and could not imagine our wedding without them!
    We had a blast working with Chelsea; it was like working with a friend, and she made the experience fun and easy, from the first time we spoke with her over the phone through our wedding day, and was efficient and professional. Our families were impressed as well! Chelsea was also incredibly helpful throughout the wedding planning process, and provided a lot of helpful insight, vendor recommendations, and ideas.

Maggie · Married on 09/09/2017

Chelsea is amazing, and her photography speaks for itself. When we were researching wedding photographers, we were looking for someone who's images we liked, and someone who we could see spending our wedding day with- Chelsea was a perfect match. She's funny and kind, she jumped in to help when needed and blended into the background when it was approproate. She made us feel comfortable to be our best selves, and she firmly and politely wrangled our families and friends- many people stopped us to tell us how great Chelsea was. We received our images promptly when she expected to, and they're even better than we hoped. Chelsea was professional and responsive- she helped us make connections with other Detroit area vendors, and provided guidance as to timing and schedule. I'd give her ten stars, if I could.

Chelsea Brown Photography 2

Gina · Married on 08/26/2017

I definitely recommend hiring Chelsea as your wedding photographer! First she took our engagement photos and made us feel really natural. We had a lot of fun with it, which shows in the photos. She’s professional, super courteous and definitely knows her stuff. During the planning process she helped me with the timeline of the day tremendously. She was really willing to recommend vendors to us and gave us a lot of practical advice. The day of our wedding I joked that she basically ran the day. She was with us from getting ready, well into the last hours of the reception. I would say the best decision we made for our entire wedding planning process was hiring Chelsea.

Karla · Married on 05/28/2017

Chelsea photographed my daughters wedding. She also did the engagement photos. We haven't seen the wedding photos yet but the engagement shots were fantastic. Chelsea was PHENOMENAL the day of the wedding.....totally professional, kept us on track time wise, she was invaluable. I can't wait to see the pictures but her skill at organizing shots (and all the people who went in them!) was great. EXCELLENT.....would recommend her without hesitation.

Nicole · Married on 07/10/2016

My fiancé and I decided to elope unexpectedly and were scrambling to make arrangements. We loved Chelsea's photos on her website, and she was the only photographer we found who offered an elopement package. From the very first contact we were impressed by her responsiveness and professionalism so the decision to go ahead and hire her was an easy one. The first time we actually met Chelsea in person was the day of our wedding. She showed up a little early to "scope out the scene" and take some candid photos of us with our guests. After the ceremony, we headed downtown with Chelsea for some portraits. The day after our wedding was sunny and warm, but poor Chelsea had the privilege of photographing us in freezing temperatures. Not once did she complain; she was sweet and accommodating and helped us find unique sites around Ann Arbor to make sure we got a good variety of shots in a short period of time. She coached us along the way and kept us happy and laughing despite the bitter cold and even stayed a little later than planned to get a few extra shots. We had such a great time just hanging out with Chelsea! She really added to the fun and excitement of getting married, and we knew we were happy with her work before we even saw the pictures. But the pictures - oh my goodness they are INCREDIBLE!! Better than we ever could have hoped for!!! The candid/informal shots she took of us and our guests before and after the ceremony are some of my favorites. She went above and beyond to perfectly capture our essence in her photos as well as the little details about the day that made it so special to us. We are actually having trouble choosing which of our portraits to frame because there are just so many beautiful pictures. I really can't say enough good things about Chelsea; you can't go wrong with her!

Kathryn · Married on 05/14/2016

I can not say enough wonderful things about Chelsea, she is absolutely amazing!! She really makes a point to make sure that your day is as special as possible. It rained on our wedding day and she made sure to keep an eye out for when the rain let up so that we could run out for pictures between down pours. Our guests all commented on how she stayed the entire day and made sure to get all the perfect shots of whomever we wanted a picture with. She goes incredibly above and beyond, such as laying in the wet grass to get a great angle on us, or wiping my dogs paws off on her outfit to avoid getting my dress muddy for our shots (yes, we had the pups make a cameo). The pics have a turn around time of 3 weeks so we have a week left, but I'm sure they are just like our engagement pictures (which are included in the price!) and are just perfect, capturing every emotion and moment. I absolutely adore Chelsea, not just for her talent and hard work, but you can tell she genuinely cares about the bride and groom. Chelsea, you're amazing!!!

Chelsea was AMAZING!!! I cannot rave enough about her! She was extremely easy to work with and very accommodating with our schedules. She did both our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out stunning. We received many compliments on her photos. I highly recommend her!

Chelsea photographed our engagement and wedding photos. All of our photos were beyond amazing. We had SO many compliments!. Not only is she an awesome photographer, she is an even better person. She was so fun to work with and went above and beyond at our wedding. She is the best!

Chelsea is a dream to work with. She is so professional and her pictures are very unique and absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend her for every occasion! She took our engagement and wedding pictures and they are wonderful!
    Emily & Ryan :)

Chelsea did our engagement and wedding photos, everything turned out better than we could have ever imagined! Chelsea was professional, polite, and quick with photo turn-around, we had our wedding photos back in three weeks! She was very flexible and easy to work with, and went above and beyond, even helping to mend my wedding dress after I stepped on it before the reception. It is clear she is passionate about what she does, and it put us at ease that we would be getting top quality photos. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone, she was a dream to work with on our special day!

Chelsea photographed my son's wedding and I was amazed at how she captured the emotions of the day, not just the events. I felt the emotions as I viewed the gallery and the many, many beautiful photos over and over! I am so happy that the bride and groom have so many wonderful photo memories of the day!

Hannah · Married on 07/11/2015

We had the most wonderful experience with Chelsea during our engagement shoot. She was able to make both of us so comfortable, and the photos turned out incredibly!! She was speedy with delivery of our very own USB and very prompt in her professional communication. I recommend her to anyone and can't wait to spend time with her on our wedding day!!

Allison · Married on 06/13/2015

Chelsea is AMAZING!! We connected right away at our engagement session, she made being in front of a camera easy & her photogenic eye is pure genius! At our wedding she was fun, engaged and flexible making sure we got photos of EVERYTHING and ANYTHING while still allowing us to enjoy our day. Our pictures capture the fun, romance and feel of our wedding and I am so excited to look back on them all for years to come!
    In addition to just taking pictures she is FULL of great advice from different vendors, ideas and tips. She came ready for tears & flower pruning and was ready to help however needed. Our second shooter was also incredible and they worked together great!
    Thank you Chelsea!!

Thomas · Married on 10/25/2014

We could not have asked for a better photographer than Chelsea. She is spectacularly talented and incredible to work with. Her ability to put you at ease while you are in front of the camera, even for camera-shy people like myself, makes for great photos that you will cherish forever.

Highly organized and always prepared, Chelsea could not have been more helpful during the planning process. Aside from your wedding party, your photographer is the person you will spend the most time with on your wedding day and Chelsea was great! From our first look to the family portraits after the ceremony, she made sure everyone looked great and was on time (not an easy task with our families).

She is a consummate professional and amazingly friendly, we cannot recommend Chelsea highly enough! Hiring her might just be the best choice you make after deciding to get married!

-Shirley and Aaron

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

We love our wedding pictures! Chelsea was awesome for both the engagement session and especially our wedding day. I am so glad we had her. Our USB drives with all our wedding pictures arrived within the timeframe we were told and were packaged so nicely. Her attention to detail is not something many other photographers would take the time to do, and it really made a difference. We LOVE all our Picts. Check out her blog and you'll be impressed.

Maria · Married on 08/30/2014

Chelsea is amazing. She did our engagement and wedding photos and they all turned out beautifully. She is flexible, professional, laid back, and very talented. We highly recommend her.

Christin · Married on 06/28/2014

Choosing Chelsea Brown as our wedding photographer was easily the best choice we made regarding our entire wedding, aside from choosing one another. Chelsea was very professional, responded in a timely manner to our emails, and worked with us to ensure we got everything we wanted. Her work was impeccable, and truly captured our most special moments that we will cherish forever. It should be noted that we were not easy to work with. We had the usual wedding drama mixed with a large wedding party and a day of rain. At the end of the day, Chelsea's work speaks for itself. Everyone who attended the wedding requested access to the online album to order prints.

Chelsea Brown is phenomenal. She is personable, creative, and professional. She took beautiful pictures for both our save the dates and on our wedding day. She calmed my nerves on my wedding day and made everything we wanted happen. She's the best!

Allison · Married on 12/29/2012

Chelsea was fantastic to work with. She was very easy going and put my husband and I at ease when taking photos. Her photographs are gorgeous and she has a unique talent in capturing every detail of your wedding in an artistic way. She braved the cold with me and my husband both for our engagement photos and for the wedding photos as well. She went above and beyond in helping Adam and I on our wedding day- even cleaned off my dress for me! Finding an excellent photographer was a priority of mine and I made no mistake in choosing Chelsea.

Really incredible photographer that's (importantly) also easy to work with. Chelsea is very artistically talented, but also has the gift of eliciting smiles and making situations easy, which is all you want when everything is stressing you out on the big day. During my wedding, she was incredibly responsive, didn't miss a beat, and also didn't get in the way at all, and when I got to see my photos (very promptly), they were everything they should be: the many highlights of a beautiful day... all flattering of course :)