Chelsea Abril Photography Reviews

34 | Honolulu, HI

34 Reviews for Chelsea Abril Photography

34 Chelsea Abril Photography Reviews

Kayla · Getting married on 06/15/2019

We just got our engagement photos back and my fiancé and I were shocked, the photos are stunning! I can be really shy around the camera but Chelsea had us smiling and laughing the entire time! She is not only an incredible photographer but also a great person! She's so positive, helpful and just the absolute sweetest! As soon as she sent me two photos (same day) I texted her right back and was already trying to think of more possible photoshoots I could do with her! And this is coming from someone that usually hates the camera... ! I recommend this girl to everyone! She's pretty incredible!

Chelsea Abril Photography 1
    Chelsea Abril Photography 2

Christina · Getting married on 03/01/2019

Chelsea was a breath of fresh air. I tend to be more on the reserved side when it comes to having my photo taken and she made me feel so at ease. She was such a hype girl! Every moment was full of fun and laughter, and you felt like you've known her your entire life. She knew exactly what she needed from us and the results were breathtaking. I couldn't thank her enough for her expertise and keen eye for creativity.

Jeanvieve · Married on 02/08/2018

We just got our wedding photos back from Chelsea… before her promised timeline (bonus) and we are mind blown! They are the most beautiful photos I have every seen. Chelsea doesn’t produce wedding photos with just the average wedding poses. Her photos showcase her amazing talent to produce beautiful images celebrating the uniqueness of your love. She got ALL the lovey shots, ALL the tears of joy, ALL the silliness and giggles. In fact, it is hard to believe there was just one of her with all the different photos we received.
    Chelsea is so easy to work with! She made us feel so comfortable; it was like working with a long time friend. The shyest of our wedding party stood confident and everyone at our wedding commented how fun she was. She was always responsive answering any questions we had and putting any concerns we had at ease. She is professional and was genuinely engaged in our personal vision. She went above and beyond, working behind the scenes to make sure the little details were noticed and the special moments were captured so we can relive them through our photos time and time again.
    We are so grateful we found Chelsea; she has an eye for capturing magical photos. We look forward to another excuse to have her take our pictures again.

Chelsea Abril Photography 3
    Chelsea Abril Photography 4

Jane · Married on 11/09/2017

I found Chelsea through social media, my planner never worked with her and I didn't know much about her besides her Instagram (she's hilarious). She wasn't part of a major photography studio and wasn't selling crazy packages, she worked solo and it was a risk I was willing to take and it was one of the best decisions I made!

Chelsea has an amazing talent and was so fun and easy to work with. She captured every single emotion on our wedding day - the cries of joy and happiness, ugly cries, laughs, silly faces, and beaming smiles. Her work is not your average wedding photography, she adds her special touch and captures your day in an artistic manner that sets her apart but also in a style we will admire in the years to come. She is easy to communicate with and responds promptly which is so important for a bride planning from afar, she stuck to her deliverable dates and surprised us with early previews.

Above all else - her personality is infectious! She's happy and brings good energy - everyone at our wedding saw how hard she worked, while having fun and getting 'the shot'. Being able to feel comfortable and be myself around a stranger made our wedding photos that more genuine and real. It was such a relief to have someone encourage you to be yourself and make you laugh during the 500th portrait of the day. Her work is beautiful, she has a kind and fun soul, and she captures the magic that I will be able to relive over and over again every time I look at our photos. Don't hesitate, just book her!

Jeanvieve · Married on 09/30/2017

Chelsea Abril Photography 5
    Chelsea Abril Photography 6
    Chelsea Abril Photography 7

Jayana · Married on 09/02/2017

I cannot say enough about Chelsea Abril Photography! I am so happy that I stumbled upon her page because I am so, so in love with our engagement pictures (and her in general). She is extremely nice and down-to-earth. It can definitely be a little awkward to be all lovey in front of a camera (and other people wondering why you're posing on rocks over the ocean) but she made us feel completely at ease. She was honestly the best to work with: from scheduling a date, location, responsiveness, professional and then gave us the most gorgeous pictures to have for the rest of our lives. PLEASE do yourself a favor and book your wedding/engagement pictures with her. You will not regret it and we are seriously obsessed!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Chelsea Abril Photography's reply:

Jayana! I seriously cannot even express how much I loved photographing you two and I am SO happy that you had as much fun and swooned over your photos just as hard as I did ;) Best of luck with the wedding planning! Let me know if I can help with anything at all. xx CA

Kara · Married on 09/02/2017

Okay, no joke, if I could blow up around 98% of the photos and turn them into billboards and posters and plaster then ALL OVER THE WORLD I would. We are sooooo in love with all the photos that came out of this shoot! Chelsea has a truly unique, authentic, creative, personal, easy going, reassuring nature and style which made this shoot both easy and FUN. I am so grateful and cannot wait for the next one!!!!! A million mahalos over again. xx

Ryan · Married on 07/07/2017

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Chelsea. We randomly came across her and she was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding. Chelsea is super friendly, takes unreal photos, and has such a great personality. We only spoke to her a few times before our actual wedding day, but it really was like getting together with an old friend you haven't seen for a while. My wife and I instantly felt comfortable with her, and she was able to keep things very light and easy in front of the camera.

We provided a shot list to her and she made sure to get each of them. All our guests thought she was amazing as she snapped candid photos during the reception. Again, hiring Chelsea was the best decision we made.

Kianiwai · Married on 06/17/2017

Hiring Chelsea to photograph our wedding was one of the best decisions we made for our big day. She is constantly upbeat and positive, and was such a joy to have around on our wedding day. With so much going on, and many stressful moments, Chelsea only provided a calm, collected, FUN and determined presence that kept everything moving effortlessly. Many of my friends and family commented on how wonderful and helpful she was. She somehow made it seem like there were multiple photographers shooting, when in reality it was just her, probably hustling constantly to get different angles and views. She stayed extra to capture some amazing photos of everyone dancing, and I couldn't be more grateful. Her photography speaks for itself, she is truly an artist and it shows. Every time I look at our wedding photos, I can't help but get the biggest smile on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. So so thankful for you Chelsea!

Chelsea Abril Photography 8

Roxane · Married on 06/03/2017

If you are looking for an amazing photographer who will really capture who you are as a couple, you have found her !!
    Chelsea put us at ease, made us laugh the whole shoot and really connected with us. It was like being photographed by a friend. She is so so good at directing you. I am in love with the photos she took and already dreaming of going back to Hawaii to do another shoot with her :)
    Thanks Chelsea !!

staci · Married on 10/19/2016

Chelsea is the BEST! Not only is her work soooo beautiful, she is a great director and a natural at getting her clients to loosen up and relax. Photography is one of the best investments for your wedding, and Chelsea's experience and the quality of what she delivers is worth every penny. I just love her and love our engagement photos and the previews that I've seen so far from our wedding day. She is a gem to work with.

Jenn · Married on 08/27/2016

We booked a bridal shoot with Chelsea and we are so glad that we did. She’s super quick at responding and accommodating to our needs. When we met her in person, she was so great! She was full of energy, sweet and put us at ease in front of the camera which helped alot - she is everything you would want in a photographer! We got to see some previews and we absolutely loved every single shot she took. Chelsey is a natural when it comes to photography and it really takes someone as dedicated and passionate as her to capture the perfect shots for you! My husband and I highly recommend her! You won’t regret booking with her.

Debbie · Married on 08/21/2016

We had a great experience and the photos were beautiful. We are very happy with the results. If you have specific shots you want, be sure to let Chelsea know and she will be sure to get them.

Katrina · Married on 08/08/2016

When I first saw Chelsea's work, I fell in love with her photography. I reached out to her and through our emails I found that she was such a vibrant, fun, positive energy that I knew she really was the perfect fit. While our wedding is later this year, my fiance and I had our engagement pictures in Kona and the pictures are GORGEOUS. Our friends and family have also really loved the photos, many adoring her use of Hawaii's beautiful natural light. Chelsea does a great job of making you feel comfortable during the shoot, my fiance was a little nervous going into it, but he warmed up and really got into the groove of things thanks to Chelsea's great attitude and professionalism. She gives great direction and really knows how to take pictures that make you look natural and look like they came out of a magazine! I highly recommend Chelsea, especially because I found her pricing to be competitive with other great Hawaii photographers. We honestly could not be happier. My fiance and I cannot wait to have Chelsea be our photographer on our wedding day!

Tessa · Married on 07/26/2016

Chelsea is truly the BEST! My husband and I had so much fun during our photoshoot! It was amazing to see Chelsea's creativity really shine which came through beautifully in the pictures. She made both my husband and I feel so comfortable behind the camera even though we have never modeled before. She was so helpful with small tips that really took the pictures to the next level. I appreciated the instruction (since we didn't really know what to do) and she really put us both at ease. Chelsea set such a nice atmosphere and was able to get us laughing (which were great pictures) and give a more deeply emotional and fierce direction as well (which were also great pictures.) Chelsea is a super fun, loving, charismatic, and an extremely talented person that we are happy to call our friend. Our experience was so much fun but still very professional and the final product was truly spectacular. You will not be disappointed with choosing Chelsea to capture any of the special moments! <3 Tessa & Paul

Christine · Married on 07/09/2016

Chelsea was amazing to work with and exactly what my husband (then-fiance) and I were looking for. We are both very camera shy and had been on the fence about doing an engagement shoot but decided on a whim to do a short session while we were on vacation in Oahu. I'm so glad we found Chelsea! She was incredibly flexible, friendly, and fun! We gave her a rough idea of what we wanted and she suggested the perfect location. She was so sweet yet professional and made us feel at ease throughout the whole process. We were very happy with how the pictures turned out and have been using them for everything - our website, family gifts, cards, etc. Needless to say we highly recommend Chelsea if you're looking for stunning, unique, and memorable photos!

Kristen · Married on 07/09/2016

ABSOLUTELY BOOK!!! Chelsea was absolutely amazing. She was responsive from the get go, getting back to us within a day of contacting her about whether or not she was available on our date (she was!). She had us fill out a survey about how we met, how the proposal happened, what we were looking for in a photographer, etc. The survey was great because it allowed us to both reflect on what brought us together, and what we were looking for going forward. We explained to her that we were having a pretty small and informal ceremony, and really only needed pictures of the ceremony itself, not the reception or the getting ready part. She called it a hybrid elopement, and said we'd get two hours of coverage, which worked perfectly for us. We also got the option of an engagement photo shoot, which came out amazing!

Chelsea was so professional, and really skilled at bringing out great poses/facial expressions from people. I've always felt unphotogenic, so I was sort of dreading getting our pictures taken. She got such flattering shots of my husband and I, both in the engagement photos and the wedding photos! She also drew our family members out of their shells as well, which is saying something because my two older brothers do not emote at all. :P

She was also really flexible, and a total lifesaver on our wedding day. My mother-in-law had to rush to the ER two hours before our ceremony because of a suspected blood clot. We called Chelsea, panicking, to see whether we might be able to delay starting photos until my MiL was able to get back. We were able to text her with updates, and she showed up right on time. The photos came out stunning, and we couldn't be happier with her level of communication before and after the wedding.

Chelsea really went above and beyond in every possible way. She was hands down the best money that we spent on our wedding. We would absolutely recommend her to anybody, and will continue to do so!

Bennie · Married on 07/06/2016

We loved Chelsea because she was easy to work. She communicates great both pre-shoot and post shoot. On the day she made us feel very comfortable and the shoot felt light, comfortable & fun. My girlfriend is actually a little shy so it was nice to see how relaxed she was during the shoot. Chelsea is a true pro and the results are clear to see when you get to see your own personal gallery. From that gallery you can download, print, buy or share with multi-media and more. It's very cool. We would easily recommend Chelsea to our friends & family or anyone wanting great photo's that capture love. What's better than that.

Kari · Married on 06/18/2016

Without hesitation you should 100% book Chelsea for your photos. She is such a fun-loving adventurous person and was so excited when I proposed the idea of hiking up a mountain for our shoot. She made us laugh the whole time and took away any awkwardness we felt being photographed. You can truly tell this is her passion. The quality of her service is amazing, from the contract process, to the payment, communication, and receiving/downloading photos. Everyones jaw has dropped when they viewed the photos she took and I can say they were nothing less than spectacularly stunning. I am so pleased!!!

June · Married on 05/14/2016

If you’re looking for a photographer look no further! I recently had the pleasure of working with Chelsea Abril, a truly remarkable photographer and a wonderful person. We were ecstatic when we were able to book our shoot with Chelsea and definitely are happy we did so.
    From beginning to end Chelsea made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. Chelsea created a perfect atmosphere for us from her bubbly personality to her enthusiasm and passion for photography, not to mention the spectacular location she helped us find. There wasn’t a moment when I had felt uncomfortable or shy while taking such intimate couples photos, which can be a very difficult task. She was able to direct us while making everything feel and look so natural. I can’t stress enough what a talented photographer Chelsea is, we had such a great time shooting with her!
    When we received the photos we were blown away! She really knows how to capture a moment. Every photo exudes genuine emotion and illustrates the love that we have for each other. These are definitely photos that we’ll cherish forever. There is absolutely no question that Chelsea Abril will be our photographer for future life events!

Kirsten · Married on 05/05/2016

Chelsea is absolutely AMAZING! She has so many unique and creative ideas. Her work is absolutely magical! Not to mention she is so easy to work with and gives the best direction. She makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. And she really captured all the crazy ideas I had in my head. She really goes above and beyond and I would not choose anyone else. I'm just hoping I have an excuse to work with hr again in the future!

Kellie · Married on 05/01/2016

My wedding photos were one of the most important aspects of my wedding (besides getting married of course!). Chelsea did an absolutely phenomenal job on our photos, and she captured SO many amazing moments and memories, in a style that I fall in love with more every time I look at them! No one else could have done such an amazing job, if I could rate Chelsea on a scale of 1 to 100, I would give her a 115- no- a 125! Or even a 150!!! She helped my husband (who is camera shy) relax and enjoy the photo process, and she got some incredible photos of him, even though he's not a big smiler. She captured the joy in his face with ease!

I can describe my photos as nothing short of total magic. I am delighted, impressed, and over-joyed with my photos! Chelsea's style is unique, stunning, sensual, magical and absolutely beautiful. You won't be sorry! Add her amazing personality, and your already joyful day will be even juicier.

LOVE!!!!!!!

• axh

Adrienne and Hyatt · Married on 03/25/2016

Choosing a photographer is one of the most crucial choices you make when planning a wedding, and we are so lucky that Chelsea also made it one of the easiest and best choices we made. While we could wax poetic about how Chelsea's energetic and positive vibes carried us, our family, and our friends through hours of smiling 'til our cheeks hurt, Chelsea's stunning photos speak for themselves. I could not think of a more perfect testament to Chelsea's incredible skill than this: When my husband opened two framed photographs I gave him of our wedding, he thought I had given him frames with stock photos in them! We are so grateful to Chelsea for bringing her joyful spirit and unparalleled talent to our special day.

Micaire · Married on 12/28/2015

Chelsea Abril Photography in Honolulu is AMAZING! Not only does Chelsea take fantastic photos but she is an absolute blast to work with. She really took the time to get to know us before the shoot, asking in depth questions to get a sense of who we are as a couple and what our expectations were of our photographer on our big day. We really felt cared for & like she was a part of the family going above and beyond to make sure we got what we wanted.

We did an elopement package which included an engagement session and 2 hours on our wedding day. It was perfection. Chelsea captures just the right amount of moments were with just the right photographic eye that viewing the pictures was like reliving our wedding day. We will truly cherish these photos forever.

Thank you Chelsea for documenting our special day with such care, attention and ease!