Chef's Table Catering Reviews

103 | San Luis Obispo, CA

103 Reviews for Chef's Table Catering

Jade · Married on 09/06/2014

As a bride and groom that love food, it was something important for us to have amazing food on our wedding for not only us but for our guests to enjoy. Not only did we get that but food that all our guests still rave about a month after the wedding. Mike and Becky were just so amazing to work with and they really cater to each couple, they make you feel comfortable and create something that brings out the bride and groom on the big day. We worked together and created the most perfect menu and we couldn't have been happier! Thank you Mike and Becky for making our day even more special!! Oh and the flaming donuts are a must!!!

Sent on 10/02/2014
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 09/05/2014

Becky & Mike at Chef’s Table Catering are simply THE BEST caterers! It was important to my fiancé and I that we serve our guests great food since all guests traveled into Paso Robles for our destination wedding. The caterer search was time consuming. I read catering reviews and also asked for recommendations from my venue Robert Hall Winery. Chef’s Table website was designed well & helped me narrow down my menu choices.
    Since I handled planning remotely, I needed responsive business professionals & relied on email for most of our decisions. Becky was friendly and helpful over the phone and she always answered email and questions in a flash!
    Becky & Mike guided us through the entire process of selecting & finalizing our menu and creating the right service & theme for our venue/event. When we traveled to Paso to meet our vendors, we were thrilled to meet Becky & Mike. When we tasted our delicious food we felt fortunate that Chefs Table was available for our reception date and were so excited for our upcoming wedding!
    Speaking of the big wedding day….Chefs Table far surpassed our expectations. Our guests loved the food/ food presentation at cocktail hour (the beef w chimichurri on little hibachi grills, ahi tuna tacos on carved limes, scallops with caramelized apple and pancetta, etc.). And that was just the first act - our reception dinner was a BIG hit. The food service was perfectly timed and guests marveled at the fresh delicious cuisine. The filet mignon with cabernet reduction sauce was melt in your mouth! The sea bass with orange mango gastrique was so delicate and both were deliciously pared with mushroom risotto cakes, grilled asparagus, butternut squash/carrots/apples, salad with grilled peaches….yum. My husband & I were so busy but Becky & Mike kept an eye out and served us our food right when we got to our table – the timing made me smile because I was starved.

Thank you Becky & Mike for helping to make our wedding an event to remember!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Ryanne · Married on 07/27/2014

Chef's Table was the best! We were so, so happy with their service. Not only did they create an incredible menu that fit our needs (sliders and mac and cheese with gluten free options!), they were very flexible when needed and pleaseantly responsive when we asked questions. Unlike other caterers we looked at, it never seemed like they were after the dollar, but instead really interested in making our reception the best it could be. Becky and Mike are really sweet people, and their staff was excellent. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. And of course, the food was DELICIOUS! All of our guests raved about it!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Polly · Married on 07/26/2014

Mike and Becky were the greatest, and a huge part of the great success of our daughter's wedding. The guests raved about the food, and the serving of it went flawlessly. They also did our rehearsal dinner the night before, and, really I can't say enough good things about every aspect of their business. They were incredibly accommodating to our every request, right down to the last minute. Use them, you won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Chef's Table is amazing! I could not be happier with Mike and Becky, they truely made my wedding day so amazing! People are still talking about how amazing the food was at our wedding! Mini short rib tacos are to die for!!! Only downside, there weren't enough, everyone loved them and ate them all! Becky is very attentive and actually answers phone calls and return emails ontime! They were very flexible with family food allergies and making separate plates and saved us appetizers :)

Sent on 12/22/2014

Claire · Married on 07/19/2014

Food and service was fantastic, worked with us to create the perfect menu for my wedding. Beautiful presentation. Would not have changed a thing, everyone thought the BBQ and hors d'ouvres were delcious. Would definitely recommend their services.

Sent on 08/03/2014

They are fabulous!!! They went that extra mile with service, food, hospitality. Their presentation was fantastic. Their bartenders and servers were so perfectional. They were so pleasant and kind. They came early and stayed late. They even made sure that my now husband and I found time to eat through out our very hectic day.. :-)

Sent on 08/06/2014

Mike and Becky were awesome! We knew as soon as we tried their food that they were the ones to cater our wedding. Our guests raved about the mini ahi tacos! Not only was the food great, but they were a pleasure to work with. We customized and changed our menu countless times to make it just right. They were even able to create centerpieces made out of breadsticks to capture the rustic winery feel we were going for. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Erin · Married on 06/28/2014

From the moment we met Mike and Becky, they were so helpful! Not only did they have great suggestions for the menu (which I will get to in a minute), but they were extremely helpful when renting linens, planning a layout, creating a timeline... It really put my mind at ease and made my job as the bride easy.
    When it came to the menu, my husband and I wanted something that was not your typical "wedding food". We were bringing all our guest to the beach for a reason, and we wanted our menu to reflect that. Mike and Becky put together an amazing menu consisting of 4 different stations: a bbq station, a seafood station, a mashed potato station (talk about a hit with the guest), and a dessert station. Everything was delicious! Not only was the food amazing, it was kept warm all night and there was plenty (some people went back for thirds!). Being the bride, I was being pulled in all different directions throughout the night, barely having a minute to sit and eat. Mike and Becky were so thoughtful that they packed my groom and I "doggie bags" to eat in our hotel room.
    Lastly, Mike and Becky were extremely responsive and detailed oriented throughout the whole process. Even weeks prior to the wedding, they were in contact with the venue and the DJ to ensure everyone was on the same page. As I mentioned, it really made my job as the bride an easy one.
    My wedding was truly the best day of my life, and I know that I owe it to amazing vendors. My guest are still talking about the wedding and how great the food and service was. We feel so lucky to have gotten to work with Chef’s Table to make our wedding a truly memorable day!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/21/2014

I can't even express how fantastic Becky & Mike from Chef's Table Catering are. From the moment we had our food tasting, I knew that I wanted them to cater our wedding. Their food is so delicious! It's only been a couple of days since our wedding, but the compliments keep coming in! Not a single person went hungry, and I'm pretty sure most people went back for seconds! Thank you Becky & Mike for making our wedding such a fabulous day!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Chef's Table Catering's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Kelly. It was a pleasure to work with you. We wish you and Josh the best.

These guys know what they are doing! Great food, great experience, and great people people to boot! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Meredith · Married on 05/31/2014

I've been to a lot of weddings and there is always some issue with the food- but not with Chef's Table. The food at our wedding was so delicious! Our tri trip and chicken was amazing. They got our 120 guests through the buffet line really quickly. The food was made fresh on site and everything was kept warm. They provided our bartender and waitstaff who were very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Cynthia · Married on 05/25/2014

Wow! Becky and Mike are amazing! They provided delicious gourmet cheese and snack boxes for our vineyard tour in Paso Robles the day before our destination wedding and then served appetizers and a full course dinner the next day for our wedding reception. The veggie and BLT sliders, the vietnamese meatballs and the cheese table... were outstanding! The Vegetarian Wellington as well as the Sea Bass melted in your mouth. Our guests throughout the night commented on the delicious flair of the menu as well as the responsive servers and how nice it was not to another typical bland "wedding dinner"! Right from the start Becky and Mike not only worked with us through our tastings and inspired "Tuscan" theme wedding, they were also very accommodating with our budget! Being a destination wedding there is always that underlying fear on how everything will coordinate. We were so grateful with Chef's Table communication/coordination with the other vendors the months before our wedding. I will always remember at the end of my phone conversations with Becky saying, "Don't worry Cyndy we will take care of that" and they did and more.....truly exceeding our expectations!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Cynthia,
    We are so happy that we were able to bring your vision to life. It was such a fun weekend for us. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. We wish you and Marcus the best.

Lisa · Married on 05/17/2014

Words cannot begin to express how much we loved working with Becky, Mike and the entire team at Chef's Table. Having planned our wedding from 300 miles away, Becky (one of the owners) took away every ounce of stress or nerves that I had planning a semi-destination event. From our first meeting at their office in Arroyo Grande, we knew they were the caterer for us. My husband is a huge foodie and exceptional cook, so the food at the wedding was a huge concern for him. Needless to say, once he took a bite of the first appetizer he was ready for more and even had a fun chat session with Mike (chef and other owner) afterwards to thank him and nerd out on all things food. The food at our wedding was incredible and we are still receiving rave reviews weeks after our event. No one went home hungry, and they even catered (no pun intended) to our request for a late night snack which won the hearts of all of our guests. I would recommend Chef's Table to anyone looking to plan a wedding in SLO and the surrounding areas. Having planned events for a living for almost 10 years professionally, they are one of the best vendors I have ever worked with.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Lisa,
    Thank you for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your celebration. You and Ryan were delightful and we were honored to share in your joy.

One of the highlights of our daughter's wedding was the delicious food provided by Mike & Becky Foley of Chef's Table Catering. Every single morsel was delicious and served with elegance. Their staff was professional and attentive and we could not be more pleased with every single aspect of their service. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was. I will recommend them whole-heartedly to anyone who wants their event to be perfect!

Sent on 05/30/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Mike and Becky. They are with out a doubt the best catering company around. My husband is a wedding photographer on the Central Coast of California and has tasted his share of wedding food. When we got engaged he knew immediately that we had to have Chef's Table cater our wedding. After choosing the foods we wanted to try, and having a private tasting, I knew I didn't need to try any other business. They served the same quality of food they made for the two of us at our tasting, for our 170 guests. They were extremely quick to respond to any e-mails I sent. Becky was a huge help when she met with us at our venue to answer questions regarding set up. They are such wonderful people and so easy to work with.
    To this day, the first thing our guests mention was how phenomenal the food was and that they had never had any better meal served at a wedding. They even surprised us with an extra appetizer that was served during our cocktail hour. My husband and I wish we could go back to our wedding just so we could have one of the best meals we have ever eaten.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Great service! Wonderful people!!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/08/2014

We selected Chef's Table primarily for two reasons:
    1. Experience at venues without a kitchen or running water
    2. We're barbeque fans and they own a huge smoker!

We are very big foodies but didn't know what we wanted right away. Chef's Table helped us pick our initial menu with a wonderful in-person tasting. Then, along the way, when our plans developed, gave us additional ideas and suggestions. They were also flexible enough to set up another tasting for a series of appetizers. Michael and Becky were super nice and very accommodating during the planning phase.

On the day of, they and their team blew us away with taste and professionalism. They were a huge part of our wedding's success and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect.

We have had so many compliments on the food and service since the wedding, they are still talking about it. We owe it all to Chefs Table! Thank you.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Brandy · Married on 02/08/2014

Great to work with! We had a delicious variety of appetizers and dinner was complimented all around. Added to that was a great amount of caring service that was deeply appreciated by both by us. You guys are an amazing team, thank you!

Sent on 02/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2013

Mike and Becky were absolutely fabulous. Food was amazing and they always returned all our calls and emails. People are still talking about our appetizers and food and our wedding was 11-12-13

Sent on 11/28/2013

Chris · Married on 10/26/2013

Not living in the area but planning a wedding in SLO, we asked our other vendors for catering recommendations. Chef's Table was the top choice for most, and after meeting with them, we were set. Mike and Becky are incredibly down to earth and realistic with requests. Mike is fantastic with BBQ (he is known for it) and Becky was so wonderful to work with. Becky was also very responsive to both email and phone requests/questions/concerns from start to finish.

The food was incredible (and we actually got to eat, they made sure of it). We customized our menu to avoid the normal "wedding food" feel and they pulled it off. Our wedding guests ALL raved about the food, the unique choices and how they wish they could have it again.

As we planned the wedding from the bay area, is was so helpful to trust in Mike and Becky for the catering. They gave us great recommendations on key decisions without up selling or ignoring our budget. It was such a treat to work with them - they are truly in the right field of work.

Mike and Becky get all 5 stars without a single doubt in our minds...we miss working with them!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Vanessa · Married on 10/12/2013

Becky and Mike were awesome!!! I work in the wedding industry in Orange County and I have to say that I would hire them all over again. The service was impeccable and the food was over the top incredible. You have to get the donuts!!! They were so delicious. Becky was so responsive and worked with me to make sure it was perfect. My guests were so impressed that they were taking pictures of the food. Everyone raved about the food and service. They are true professionals and have it down!!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Becky and Mike served delicious food for our wedding, were responsive and answered all of our questions in a timely manner, and offered really competitive prices for the area. We were thrilled with their exceptional food and service!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Debi · Married on 09/21/2013

Any Bride & Groom looking for someone to make their wedding dining experience perfect should call Becky & Mike at Chef's Table Catering. My daughter and my new son in law had a vision for their special day starting with food as the centerpiece. From there, Chef Mike came up with the Butler passed hord's and fabulous food station menus to compliment their ideas. He was so flexible and creative in his choices to create a spectacular menu. Our guests have called and sent emails about the food, service and overall feeling of "I can do that for you" they experienced from all the staff at Chef's Table Catering. The Still Water Vineyard was a perfect setting for this style of service. We could not have asked for a more perfect event! Thanks to All!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Brooke · Married on 09/07/2013

Mike and Becky at Chef's Table Catering are two of the nicest people ever! They were not only extremely flexible but the quality of food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests on the food/presentation. Their staff was very professional and had great people skills. The value and quality of the product exceeded all my expectations. I couldn't have been happier and would recommend them to anyone planning an event!

Sent on 10/23/2013