Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners Reviews

Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 1
Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 2
Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 3

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2019

This was the first time that I had used TCT personally, but I had attended events catered by them in the past which is why they were one of the three caterer's we "tasted'. Augustine and his staff really know the business and will guide you through every step of the way even as to how much wine and/or beer and champagne to buy for the number of guests you will have. You can even deliver it to them a week ahead of time and they will take it to the venue site for your. Not many caterer's will do this for you. My main concern with caterer's is that with a buffet is that the food is plentful and HOT through the last serving. TCT did not disappoint. There were nothing but raves from all of my guests about the food, how good it was and especially how hot it was. I would highly recommend TCT to anyone looking for a caterer for their next event. Nicole was the coordinator on site for TCT and she kept the staff and everything moving smoothly. She checked in with me several times during the night to see if there was anything she could do for me or the bride and groom. The only thing I wanted for my daughter and her new husband was for them to not go through the buffet line and they accomodated my request. I really enjoyed working with Nicole and the staff that night. They boxed up all the leftover food and set it aside for us to take home. TCT is certainly a caterer I will use again.

Barb Pierce

Sent on 11/10/2013

Tracy · Married on 09/15/2019

Wedding 9/15/19

Maria and her team did an outstanding job for our wedding last weekend. We got many compliments on the food and professionalism from everyone. Maria took care of Alex and I all night making sure we had everything that we needed and made set up and clean up with the family easy as ever. During the planning process Maria got back to me via email the same day every time and was incredibly helpful. Chefs table is the choice for a wedding caterer and we would hire them again for any event we needed!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina Baker · Married on 07/20/2019

Mouth Watering Food and Great People!

I'm not sure which I loved more - the food, or Maria and Agustin!

Maria and Agustin were incredible. They helped us with choosing menu items, advised us on how much alcohol to purchase for our event and were just generally, great people. In the chaos of wedding planning, having a great cater is priceless!

Now, onto the food. Everything was delicious! We had pulled pork, chicken, macaroni and cheese, veggies, baked beans and potato salad. We also had meatballs for hors d'oeuvres and they were mouthwatering. We've heard from several of our guests that, "the food was SO good!"

Oh, and if you're getting married in the summer, I highly recommend the ice cream bar! We got married on the hottest day of the year and it was a HUGE hit with our guests.

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2019

We love the chef's table!

The Chef's Table is the catering service to hire for your wedding day or any special event, hands down. It is hard to put into words how amazing they are. Not only was our food incredible, but Maria, Agustin, and The Chef's Table team were a dream to work with.

From start to finish, they exceeded all of our expectations. Maria is so diligent and so on top of everything. Her response time with our emails and any questions that we had was impeccable. She is also one of the kindest people that we have ever met and worked so well with all of our other vendors.

We knew from our first meeting with Maria and Agustin that we were going to hire The Chef's Table, and it was the best decision that we made. We are still getting compliments about the food from our wedding guests, and have even been told that they are trying to recreate the meals!

Not only will your food be amazing, but the decor as well. Every single detail and the presentation was perfect.

Again, we cannot thank you enough. We love you guys and appreciate you more than you know!

- Lauren and Trey Scott

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Sandra

Sandra Gray · Married on 06/15/2019

We had a wonderful experience with The Chef's Table Catering

The Chef’s Table catered my daughter’s wedding in June of 2019 at Morais Vineyards. I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. While my husband and I paid for the catering, I left my daughter and her husband-to-be to select the caterer and do the tastings. They are both in the hospitality industry so they know more about everything catering related than I do. I was also very confident in The Chef’s Table as they were highly recommended by our wedding planner, Jennifer, from MayJune Events. Maria and Augustine put everybody at ease from the very beginning and continued to do so throughout the entire process.

The price was very reasonable for the quality of food and service that we experienced.
    The food was wonderful! We had the meal served buffet style with plated salads and rolls to start the meal. I have been to several weddings with plated dinners and they always end up being cold so I was hoping the buffet would work better and it did. I had a little bit of everything and I was really impressed with how good everything tasted. The meat was tender and moist without being at all sloppy which is a very hard thing to do with a buffet. We had numerous people tell us that the meal was the best wedding food they had ever had. And some of these were serious ‘foodies’!

The service was outstanding! The Chef’s Table had it seemed a small army of wait staff. There didn’t appear to be a long wait time for anything, including drinks at the bars. It seemed that every time I even looked like I was needing something, Augustine was instantaneously by my side asking if everything was okay. They are very familiar with working at this particular venue and now I know why they are one of their preferred catering vendors.

It was also very nice that we were able to purchase alcohol on our own and deliver it to The Chef’s Table before that event and they transported it to the venue. Augustine gave us estimated amounts of the different types of liquor to purchase based on the signature drinks we were offering. That also really saved us money. I would highly recommend The Chef’s Table for anyone having an event requiring catering.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Irina

Irina · Married on 04/28/2019

Maria is the best

From start to finish, we were on the same team and the same page with Maria and the Chef's Table team. They worked with our demands (including incorporating an additional food caterer), adjusted to our changes, and did a spectacular job both with decor and food quality at the wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2019
    Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 4
    Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 5
  • Manny

Manny · Married on 01/06/2019

Make it easy on yourself and just pick the Chef's Table!

I truly cannot say enough good things about the Chef's Table! From the moment, my wife and I did our tasting to the final dance at our wedding, we knew we picked the right caterer for our event. Maria and her team were seriously top notch, and believe me we did not make it easy on them! We had several last minute changes to our menu and guest count and Maria would always reply (extremely quickly) that "they're here to help." Our guest all loved the food and we loved their flexibility, value, experience working at a not so easy venue, and professionalism. Without a doubt, I will recommend them to anyone looking for catering services.

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners 6

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Working with Maria and Agustin of Chef's Table was the best decision we made throughout our whole wedding process! Maria and Agustin truly made our vision a reality and provided so much guidance and assistance along with great food, service and professionalism.

We reached out to Chef's Table to potentially cater our wedding at Top of the Town in Arlington, VA. They were extremely responsive and after exchanging a few emails on what we were looking for as potential food options, we set up a food tasting. The tasting was set up for just my (now) husband and I and they made all the appetizers and entrees we were debating between. By the time the tasting ended, we knew we found our caterer and had put together a rough-idea on a menu plus other details. When it got closer to the big day, we did a walk-through with the venue and finalized all of the details down to 5 minute increments for the schedule, where each table would be set, and the overall menu/drink options. They offered various suggestions based on their experience from previous weddings at our venue, which was extremely helpful.

We offered a variety of elevated comfort food appetizers, 3 entrees (beef, shrimp/crab and pasta) and then Chef's Table set up a dessert table plus two fully stocked bars that had signature drinks. All of the food and mixed drinks were delicious! They also made any necessary accommodations for various food allergies/restrictions (gluten, pine nuts, vegan, etc).

Maria and Agustin constantly communicated with us and replied promptly whenever we had any questions. They also were extremely accommodating by allowing us to drop off our alcohol and dessert a few days before the wedding then they transported everything to the venue. For what Chef's Table provided, their pricing was extremely reasonable! Their team was extremely professional, organized, and just an overall pleasure to work with! You will be in great hands with Maria and Agustin if you go with Chef's Table!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Nino · Married on 08/25/2018

MC and Augustine are a dream team and Chef's Table Caterers is a must for a perfect wedding experience. They take a lot of pride in their work and it definitely shows through the presentation, quality of food and their impeccable service.

The food was amazing; my family and friends are still raving about it. The staff was professional and friendly. MC and her team transformed the venue into an aesthetically pleasing atmosphere for all. The tables were arranged as requested and the bar was set up beautifully.

Thank You!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Kirsten · Married on 11/04/2017

MC is the best. She is absolutely wonderful in helping your vision come to life. She is very response and flexible and willing to do whatever was necessary to make our wedding the best day ever. The food selection was overwhelming at first, but I cannot complain on having such a large selection. It allowed me to have so many options when you are dealing with the food restrictions (we had a total of 100 guests). Plus if there is an allergy by a guest, they will make their meal in their “clean” kitchen and pack it separately so that there will be no contamination to make your guest sick. The food tasting session was perfect. They cooked enough food to easily feed 6 people when there was only 3 of us. MC walked you through all the place settings and linen colors and just helped your vision come to life. And Chef’s table allows you to purchase and drop off your own alcohol so that can really help with the budget. When Chef’s Table came and performed the site visit, they helped the uncertain groom walk through the space and feel comfortable with the setup and all the changes that we made on that day to the layout. They also offered suggestions above and beyond their responsibility to help us pull all of our vendors together. On the day of the wedding I really had no interaction with the Chef Table staff, but my mother certainly did and she was singing MC’s praises. I cannot begin to count how often my mom has mentioned MC and all she and her crew did. I can say the food was just as fantastic as the tasting day and all of our guests kept saying that the food was not anything like the “typical” wedding food they have had in the past. I love that we were able to provide our guests with food that was above all expectations. Given how much the entire team at Chef’s Table made such a huge impact, I would not hesitate to use them again in the future for another event.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

MC at Chef's Table Catering was such a superstar at our wedding at 8 Chains North winery on August 5, 2017! Our initial consultation at the HQ was fabulous and the hospitality and delicious food won us over immediately! We chose a sit down dinner with 3 entree options (filet, chicken, and salmon) that were all delicious! We received so many compliments at the reception that this was the best wedding food many of our guests had ever had! We also had a cake from Chef's Table and it was absolutely stunning and tasty! We received many compliments on it as well. The entire team was professional and attentive during the reception and cocktail hour. MC was very responsive leading up to the event and was keen to offer any help where needed. I'd highly recommend Chef's Table for any future bride-to-be!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Patricia · Married on 04/28/2017

Our guest have continued to comment on how amazing not only the food tasted but the excellent service received as well. TCTC know what they are doing, and provided logistical advice on what works for your vision, and your venue. We actually came to TCTC after our previously selected caterer fell through; working with TCTC was a dream and they made our experience one to be remembered for all the right reasons.

Thank you!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Laetetia · Married on 12/30/2016

The Chef's Table was great to work with! Maria was on top of numbers and organization of items being rented. Augustine and his crew did a fantastic job preparing the meal all the time being able to make adjustments to the meal so as to make it just what we had in mind to include making the horseradish sauce a bit spicier. the food was fresh and delicious! They did a great job navigating some of the guests allergies and dietary restrictions while still including them within the same menu. They provided suggestions for signature drinks and were able to provide us with a wide selection of dinnerware, napkins, place settings, glasses. They also provided an itemized list so that you knew exactly were your money is going. They are a tasty and wonderful company to work with!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Ami · Married on 11/05/2016

We are so happy that we used The Chef's Table for our wedding! The food was incredible -- every single person loved everything! Maria was a dream to work with. She answered every single question we had and took the time to work within our budget. We couldn't have been happier with our caterer!

Sent on 11/21/2016

L. · Married on 05/08/2016

We used Chef's Table for our wedding a few months ago and were extremely pleased with everything. First off, the food tasted wonderful and looked great and many guests commented on how everything tasted delicious. We worked with Maria and Augustin who were both very professional and had good tips and ideas for us. Maria was so great with communication. She answered my many emailed questions and ideas as we were developing the menu and also for the equipment rental. We selected vegan food for our menu and Augustin had no problems adapting to our requirements and had good suggestions for us. We are very happy we went with Chef's Table!

Sent on 09/02/2016

lisa · Married on 04/30/2016

This is an amazing company!! I am so happy that I booked this company to cater for my wedding. They are very professional, responsible and reliable. Their food is wonderful and they take pride in helping to make sure your event runs smoothly. They will work with you based on your budget and help you come up with something that you will be happy with. They know many tricks of the trade and will help to advise you with things you may not have even thought about before. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Genesis · Married on 12/29/2015

We went to the food tasting with Agustin and it was such a great experience! He walked us through all our options every time we came up with a concern, ie. our guests not getting enough food with certain dishes, eco-friendliness of other plates, etc. We wanted a breakfast-food-stations concept and Augustin was very excited since it was outside the ordinary typical dinner setting for weddings. You can tell that he definitely wanted to do it for us and was passionate about the idea just as much as we were. Unfortunately, our wedding venue was moved to Nevada for family reasons so we could not go with them. Had we kept it in the DMV, we would have definitely booked with them. The price, the flavors, and the gut feelings were all right!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Karla · Married on 11/06/2015

I was married just this past Friday (11/6/15) and there truly isnt enough space to write all the good things I can say about The Chefs Table. First off, we decided to go with them from the get go because I saw nothing but great reviews and their prices seemed reasonable for the services we wanted. We had our tasting with them and all the food tasted so amazing and was presented with such beauty and care. We decided to go with a sit down dinner instead of a buffet because of the amount of elderly we had in attendance and Im so glad we did. The servers we all so polite and helpful and yet never in the way. Agustin really pulled off my perfect evening. All the linens and everything they set up was beyond perfect. They really went above and beyond anything I ever expected, and really made the whole evening run smoothly. They are so caring about who theyre working with. For example, my father has a service dog who was in attendance and they actually brought her out her own plate of beef chopped up and everything. Any time I need a caterer in the future I will be going with The Chefs Table, I couldnt imagine going with anyone else.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Kathryn · Married on 10/17/2015

I can't recommend The Chef's Table enough! First thing first: the food is delicious and fairly priced. All out guests were complimenting the food.

But the bigger thing for me was the staff. Agustin is the greatest! He is so nice and friendly. And he was such a huge help. Our venue came with a coordinator but Agustin was just as good. The Chef's Table knows what they're doing and they are there to help at any point along the way. On the wedding night, Agustin was there to make sure everything was running smoothly. He stopped to check on my husband and I a few times to make sure we didn't need anything.

Definitely recommend them. They have so many benefits and I couldn't be happier with them.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2015

Look no further! You have found your wedding caterer! The Chef’s Table is by far the best catering vendor! When it came time to select a vendor who would be responsible for our cocktail hour, our food, and our bars for our wedding, it was important to us that their food was wonderful, their staff was attentive and helpful, and the presentation was perfect; The Chef’s Table met all these expectations and more. Agustin & Maria, owners of The Chef’s Table, were so pleasant to work with and really provided us with top notch service and an incredibly smooth wedding. Our guests are still commenting on how delicious the food was! We highly recommend The Chef’s Table!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Colleen · Married on 08/01/2015

Augustine and his entire team at Chef's Table went above and beyond our expectations to help make our wedding day wonderful. Hiring a caterer can be overwhelming and at first, we were very hesitant to spend a good portion of our budget on food, but hiring Chef's table was the best investment we made for our wedding. They are extremely reasonable priced - the food was delicious and the service was nothing short of amazing. Our wedding schedule was running about an hour late. Augustine and his team were extremely hands on and worked great with all of our vendors to work with the change in schedule - they even recommended and supported our decision to extend our reception an hour. They made everything appear "flawless" to our guests and us as well. I think you could tell Augustine that your venue was on fire and he would smile at you and tell you that "he will take care of it". ;) The staff at Chef's table are extremely professional, kind-hearted, hardworking and passionate about what they do. Hire them. I promise that you will not regret it.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/14/2015

If you are looking for someone to cater your wedding in the DC/NoVa area, and you would like to serve great, traditional food, then look no further. Seriously, if you've stumbled on The Chef's Table, then you are done looking. Congrats! You've found your caterers!

Agustin and his wife Maria were so helpful throughout the entire process of the wedding - always answering our emails very quickly, always answering our calls. The food was ABSOLUTELY delicious - and I don't even mean for like, wedding food, I mean for real food! The food is seriously restaurant quality. During the wedding, we had several guests come up to us to tell us just how good the food was. They were really blown away.

As for me, the bride, I couldn't have done this wedding without Agustin. He was my lifeline, he was my savior. There's no way I can repay him and his wife for their help with the wedding. During the event, Agustin was always watching, always supervising to make sure things were going according to his grand plan. He even made sure that I was calm, and enjoying myself. I will always be grateful for his kind, reassuring smile whenever I was freaking out about the fact that it was raining and that the ceremony had to be moved inside. He made my wedding memorable, and the amazing food of TCT made the wedding such a treat for our guests.

If you are lucky enough to meet with TCT, and they are available for hire on the day of your event, then do yourself (and your guests) a favor: work with TCT. You will not regret it.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Marilee · Married on 05/15/2015

My husband and I used The Chef's Table for our wedding this past May and they did a WONDERFUL job! Agustin was absolutely fabulous! The food was amazing, the service impeccable, and they did such a wonderful job with the wedding and reception set up! We had a huge rain storm come through about 5 minutes before the ceremony, and Agustin's team saved the day by grouping together, pulling in help, and getting everything moved from outside to in within minutes! Plus, it all looked perfect. What also made a difference was Agustin's close relationship with our wedding coordinator at Raspberry Plain, Maria, as well as our flower vendor, Rick's Flowers (they are INCREDIBLE - 5 starts for them, too). Agustin is responsive and diligent, and he really knows the catering industry inside and out. Five stars across the board!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Agustin and Maria are the true MVP's. Not only was the food great but each attention to detail was amazing. For our May 2 wedding we saw the final product and were amazed, our guests were treated like royalty. They worked with us every step of the way even when we wanted to make some last minute changes, there were there working with a smile. Always very responsive and being aware of our budget. We loved the service and care that they put into our special day! Thank you!

Sent on 05/18/2015

I can't say enough good things about Chef's Table, specifically Maria and Augustine. From the beginning, we chose them out of many other catering companies due to their attention to detail, thoroughness, flexibility, and overall kind, warm, welcoming demeanor. Wedding planning has to be one of the most stressful life events I've experienced thus far, Maria and Augustine made that time period just a little bit easier when we most needed it. Our big day was pretty much perfect- most of that is due to Chef's Table's professionalism, excellent staff, and high level of service execution. All of our guests commented that the service was great and the food was surprisingly good (I wish I could personally vouch for that, with all the picture taking/greetings, sadly, I didn't try the food!). If there were any major hiccups on that day, I honestly wasn't made aware of, meaning their staff was that much on top of things and handled things accordingly. I didn't have a day of coordinator (which I kinda of wished I had- looking back), but honestly, Chef's Table did an amazing job putting everything together and laying out the space (decor) pretty much exactly how I wanted it. The only small suggestion I have is that we had pre-selected/planned our table layout, and day of, one of the tables had been moved to a different spot than we had requested. I realize they likely did this because that spot where I wanted the table to be would have been directly in front of the bar. I imagine they foresaw that table becoming annoyed with all the traffic of people around them in addition to interrupting bar service- and they were right. However, I would have wished they would have asked me which table to move, I would have selected a different layout then the one they chose. I imagine they didn't ask me day-of because they didn't want to annoy/bother me with such details on the wedding day. Overall, I am so happy and thankful we chose Chef's Table, they really were one of the best decisions w

Sent on 10/20/2015