Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Katelyn
    Katelyn Z. Married on 04/29/2022

Delightful

Disclaimer: We did not decide to book this caterer for our wedding. However, it was delightful to work with Maria to come up with a quote that was in our budget. She responded very quickly and professionally. My first interaction with her was via phone and I explained that I had no idea what I was doing or what I needed, and she helped me come up with a plan and a quote that checked my boxes. Ultimately we decided to go with another style of food for our wedding catering, but that is the only reason why we did not choose this caterer. After reading the other reviews and talking with Maria, they seem like an excellent choice!
    Joe M. Married on 03/26/2022

The best caterer!!!

The Chef's Table is incredible. Maria and her team are amazing. Everything was perfect!!!!! First, they worked with is through the entire process and were willing to hold extra meeting to review and change table settings, drinks, timing and everything in between. We had full confidence in them the whole time. Second, the food is great! So often reception food is good but nothing overly memorable, but with TCT, I had so many people explicitly compliment the food (the filet mignon is incredible). Lastly, the reception hall was stunning with their linens, plates, set up and everything. Could not have been better. They were also wonderful with beverage suggestions and making sure everyone had plenty :). 5 stars is not enough!
  • Lucia
    Lucia C. Married on 10/08/2021

Amazing caterer and event company!

The Chef’s Table was amazing for our reception at St. Francis Hall in October! Agustin, Maria Cristina and their staff were all so accommodating to work with and very helpful! The food was amazing - the service was amazing! They know how to entertain and it shows:) They helped us create our vision and brought it to life. We can’t wait to have another party just so we can work with this amazing team again!

When James and Lucia decided to have a party for their celebration, a good friend of ours, a caterer himself, recommended that we contact The Chef’s Table Caterers of Herndon, Va. We contacted them and from the very first meeting with Agustin and Maria Cristina, they inspired in us a sense of trust and confidence that remained throughout the process and they always did what they promised. The venue at St Francis in the gardens, where the cocktails and hors d’oeuvres were served, provided a beautifull setting accompanied by an ensemble quartet and a Scottish bagpiper that amazed all guests. The inside hall where dinner was served was equipped and decorated beautifully and was big enough to accomodate 130 guests without being crowded! Dinner was fantastic, the food was good and tasty, the 4 piece band played a combination o American, Italian and Portuguese songs which were very good and then came dancing until the wee hours of morning! Many of the guests were pleased and expressed their appreciation personally. In our opinion, this was superior to a five star event and the Carromba and Creel families are pleased and very appreciative in the way everything turned out. Um muito obrigado a Agustin e maria
  • happy wife
    Lindsey Married on 08/14/2021

Maria and her team at TCT Catering were Superb!

Maria and Augustine were so accommodating, flexible, and responsive to our needs in planning our wedding reception. Every question we asked was answered in a timely manner, they had helpful suggestions, and Augustine spent a lot of time reviewing our bar needs to make sure we had what we needed for our wedding size and type of event. Due to the pandemic, TCT even allowed our parents to do a preliminary tasting to help us set the menu before we could finally go down months later (!) to taste it ourselves. They even went above and beyond to accommodate special dietary restrictions of some of our wedding guests.
    Speaking of, the food...is FANTASTIC! Everything they served was cooked beautifully, and we received nothing but compliments the entire time. This is not your ordinary wedding food, and I would highly recommend TCT for your catering experience!
  • Shannon
    Shannon G. Married on 06/27/2021

PERFECT food and service

The Chef's Table catered my wedding reception (we did a buffet), and they did an AMAZING job! Many of our guests agreed that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding. Maria and Augustin were super helpful and kind throughout the entire planning process. The food was absolutely incredible! I cannot recommend them enough! 10/10!!!!!

Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners's reply:

Hi Shannon:

Thank you so much for your lovely words, I will keep you and your reception in our hearts for ever.
    Clara S. Married on 05/09/2020

SO thoughtful, helpful and organized

We were budget conscious and didn't have our hearts set on particular food. (We bought our own beer and wine because we wanted something particular for that, as well as particular desserts from another place) The food we did end up choosing was good - most especially the passed hors d'oeuvres and the chicken piccata. But I think what mostly sold us on The Chef's Table was their thoughtfulness about all the details. We had zero idea on what we would need to consider, and when we came in for a tasting, Maria and Augustin went through all sorts of details that helped us think about what we would want. They had a lot of helpful ideas (like glass markers to write people's names on the glasses we got everyone as wedding favors - double duty as name places!) which we so appreciated. During the reception, they and their team were so attentive (they really did make sure that my husband and I ate). Highly recommend them to anyone.

Chef's Table Caterers & Event Planners's reply:

Thank you so much Clara and Chris for such a lovely words. We wish all the happiness in the world for this new journey.
    Barbara Married on 10/05/2019
    This was the first time that I had used TCT personally, but I had attended events catered by them in the past which is why they were one of the three caterer's we "tasted'. Augustine and his staff really know the business and will guide you through every step of the way even as to how much wine and/or beer and champagne to buy for the number of guests you will have. You can even deliver it to them a week ahead of time and they will take it to the venue site for your. Not many caterer's will do this for you. My main concern with caterer's is that with a buffet is that the food is plentful and HOT through the last serving. TCT did not disappoint. There were nothing but raves from all of my guests about the food, how good it was and especially how hot it was. I would highly recommend TCT to anyone looking for a caterer for their next event. Nicole was the coordinator on site for TCT and she kept the staff and everything moving smoothly. She checked in with me several times during the night to see if there was anything she could do for me or the bride and groom. The only thing I wanted for my daughter and her new husband was for them to not go through the buffet line and they accomodated my request. I really enjoyed working with Nicole and the staff that night. They boxed up all the leftover food and set it aside for us to take home. TCT is certainly a caterer I will use again.

Barb Pierce
    Tracy Married on 09/15/2019

Wedding 9/15/19

Maria and her team did an outstanding job for our wedding last weekend. We got many compliments on the food and professionalism from everyone. Maria took care of Alex and I all night making sure we had everything that we needed and made set up and clean up with the family easy as ever. During the planning process Maria got back to me via email the same day every time and was incredibly helpful. Chefs table is the choice for a wedding caterer and we would hire them again for any event we needed!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina B. Married on 07/20/2019

Mouth Watering Food and Great People!

I'm not sure which I loved more - the food, or Maria and Agustin!

Maria and Agustin were incredible. They helped us with choosing menu items, advised us on how much alcohol to purchase for our event and were just generally, great people. In the chaos of wedding planning, having a great cater is priceless!

Now, onto the food. Everything was delicious! We had pulled pork, chicken, macaroni and cheese, veggies, baked beans and potato salad. We also had meatballs for hors d'oeuvres and they were mouthwatering. We've heard from several of our guests that, "the food was SO good!"

Oh, and if you're getting married in the summer, I highly recommend the ice cream bar! We got married on the hottest day of the year and it was a HUGE hit with our guests.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 06/29/2019

We love the chef's table!

The Chef's Table is the catering service to hire for your wedding day or any special event, hands down. It is hard to put into words how amazing they are. Not only was our food incredible, but Maria, Agustin, and The Chef's Table team were a dream to work with.

From start to finish, they exceeded all of our expectations. Maria is so diligent and so on top of everything. Her response time with our emails and any questions that we had was impeccable. She is also one of the kindest people that we have ever met and worked so well with all of our other vendors.

We knew from our first meeting with Maria and Agustin that we were going to hire The Chef's Table, and it was the best decision that we made. We are still getting compliments about the food from our wedding guests, and have even been told that they are trying to recreate the meals!

Not only will your food be amazing, but the decor as well. Every single detail and the presentation was perfect.

Again, we cannot thank you enough. We love you guys and appreciate you more than you know!

- Lauren and Trey Scott
  • Sandra
    Sandra G. Married on 06/15/2019

We had a wonderful experience with The Chef's Table Catering

The Chef’s Table catered my daughter’s wedding in June of 2019 at Morais Vineyards. I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out. While my husband and I paid for the catering, I left my daughter and her husband-to-be to select the caterer and do the tastings. They are both in the hospitality industry so they know more about everything catering related than I do. I was also very confident in The Chef’s Table as they were highly recommended by our wedding planner, Jennifer, from MayJune Events. Maria and Augustine put everybody at ease from the very beginning and continued to do so throughout the entire process.

The price was very reasonable for the quality of food and service that we experienced.
    The food was wonderful! We had the meal served buffet style with plated salads and rolls to start the meal. I have been to several weddings with plated dinners and they always end up being cold so I was hoping the buffet would work better and it did. I had a little bit of everything and I was really impressed with how good everything tasted. The meat was tender and moist without being at all sloppy which is a very hard thing to do with a buffet. We had numerous people tell us that the meal was the best wedding food they had ever had. And some of these were serious ‘foodies’!

The service was outstanding! The Chef’s Table had it seemed a small army of wait staff. There didn’t appear to be a long wait time for anything, including drinks at the bars. It seemed that every time I even looked like I was needing something, Augustine was instantaneously by my side asking if everything was okay. They are very familiar with working at this particular venue and now I know why they are one of their preferred catering vendors.

It was also very nice that we were able to purchase alcohol on our own and deliver it to The Chef’s Table before that event and they transported it to the venue. Augustine gave us estimated amounts of the different types of liquor to purchase based on the signature drinks we were offering. That also really saved us money. I would highly recommend The Chef’s Table for anyone having an event requiring catering.
  • Irina
    Irina Married on 04/28/2019

Maria is the best

From start to finish, we were on the same team and the same page with Maria and the Chef's Table team. They worked with our demands (including incorporating an additional food caterer), adjusted to our changes, and did a spectacular job both with decor and food quality at the wedding.
  • Manny
    Manny Married on 01/06/2019

Make it easy on yourself and just pick the Chef's Table!

I truly cannot say enough good things about the Chef's Table! From the moment, my wife and I did our tasting to the final dance at our wedding, we knew we picked the right caterer for our event. Maria and her team were seriously top notch, and believe me we did not make it easy on them! We had several last minute changes to our menu and guest count and Maria would always reply (extremely quickly) that "they're here to help." Our guest all loved the food and we loved their flexibility, value, experience working at a not so easy venue, and professionalism. Without a doubt, I will recommend them to anyone looking for catering services.
    Katie Married on 09/22/2018
    Working with Maria and Agustin of Chef's Table was the best decision we made throughout our whole wedding process! Maria and Agustin truly made our vision a reality and provided so much guidance and assistance along with great food, service and professionalism.

We reached out to Chef's Table to potentially cater our wedding at Top of the Town in Arlington, VA. They were extremely responsive and after exchanging a few emails on what we were looking for as potential food options, we set up a food tasting. The tasting was set up for just my (now) husband and I and they made all the appetizers and entrees we were debating between. By the time the tasting ended, we knew we found our caterer and had put together a rough-idea on a menu plus other details. When it got closer to the big day, we did a walk-through with the venue and finalized all of the details down to 5 minute increments for the schedule, where each table would be set, and the overall menu/drink options. They offered various suggestions based on their experience from previous weddings at our venue, which was extremely helpful.

We offered a variety of elevated comfort food appetizers, 3 entrees (beef, shrimp/crab and pasta) and then Chef's Table set up a dessert table plus two fully stocked bars that had signature drinks. All of the food and mixed drinks were delicious! They also made any necessary accommodations for various food allergies/restrictions (gluten, pine nuts, vegan, etc).

Maria and Agustin constantly communicated with us and replied promptly whenever we had any questions. They also were extremely accommodating by allowing us to drop off our alcohol and dessert a few days before the wedding then they transported everything to the venue. For what Chef's Table provided, their pricing was extremely reasonable! Their team was extremely professional, organized, and just an overall pleasure to work with! You will be in great hands with Maria and Agustin if you go with Chef's Table!
    Nino Married on 08/25/2018
    MC and Augustine are a dream team and Chef's Table Caterers is a must for a perfect wedding experience. They take a lot of pride in their work and it definitely shows through the presentation, quality of food and their impeccable service.

The food was amazing; my family and friends are still raving about it. The staff was professional and friendly. MC and her team transformed the venue into an aesthetically pleasing atmosphere for all. The tables were arranged as requested and the bar was set up beautifully.

Thank You!
    Kirsten Married on 11/04/2017
    MC is the best. She is absolutely wonderful in helping your vision come to life. She is very response and flexible and willing to do whatever was necessary to make our wedding the best day ever. The food selection was overwhelming at first, but I cannot complain on having such a large selection. It allowed me to have so many options when you are dealing with the food restrictions (we had a total of 100 guests). Plus if there is an allergy by a guest, they will make their meal in their “clean” kitchen and pack it separately so that there will be no contamination to make your guest sick. The food tasting session was perfect. They cooked enough food to easily feed 6 people when there was only 3 of us. MC walked you through all the place settings and linen colors and just helped your vision come to life. And Chef’s table allows you to purchase and drop off your own alcohol so that can really help with the budget. When Chef’s Table came and performed the site visit, they helped the uncertain groom walk through the space and feel comfortable with the setup and all the changes that we made on that day to the layout. They also offered suggestions above and beyond their responsibility to help us pull all of our vendors together. On the day of the wedding I really had no interaction with the Chef Table staff, but my mother certainly did and she was singing MC’s praises. I cannot begin to count how often my mom has mentioned MC and all she and her crew did. I can say the food was just as fantastic as the tasting day and all of our guests kept saying that the food was not anything like the “typical” wedding food they have had in the past. I love that we were able to provide our guests with food that was above all expectations. Given how much the entire team at Chef’s Table made such a huge impact, I would not hesitate to use them again in the future for another event.
    Laura Married on 08/12/2017
    MC at Chef's Table Catering was such a superstar at our wedding at 8 Chains North winery on August 5, 2017! Our initial consultation at the HQ was fabulous and the hospitality and delicious food won us over immediately! We chose a sit down dinner with 3 entree options (filet, chicken, and salmon) that were all delicious! We received so many compliments at the reception that this was the best wedding food many of our guests had ever had! We also had a cake from Chef's Table and it was absolutely stunning and tasty! We received many compliments on it as well. The entire team was professional and attentive during the reception and cocktail hour. MC was very responsive leading up to the event and was keen to offer any help where needed. I'd highly recommend Chef's Table for any future bride-to-be!
    Patricia Married on 04/28/2017
    Our guest have continued to comment on how amazing not only the food tasted but the excellent service received as well. TCTC know what they are doing, and provided logistical advice on what works for your vision, and your venue. We actually came to TCTC after our previously selected caterer fell through; working with TCTC was a dream and they made our experience one to be remembered for all the right reasons.

Thank you!
    Laetetia Married on 12/30/2016
    The Chef's Table was great to work with! Maria was on top of numbers and organization of items being rented. Augustine and his crew did a fantastic job preparing the meal all the time being able to make adjustments to the meal so as to make it just what we had in mind to include making the horseradish sauce a bit spicier. the food was fresh and delicious! They did a great job navigating some of the guests allergies and dietary restrictions while still including them within the same menu. They provided suggestions for signature drinks and were able to provide us with a wide selection of dinnerware, napkins, place settings, glasses. They also provided an itemized list so that you knew exactly were your money is going. They are a tasty and wonderful company to work with!
    Ami Married on 11/05/2016
    We are so happy that we used The Chef's Table for our wedding! The food was incredible -- every single person loved everything! Maria was a dream to work with. She answered every single question we had and took the time to work within our budget. We couldn't have been happier with our caterer!
    L. Married on 05/08/2016
    We used Chef's Table for our wedding a few months ago and were extremely pleased with everything. First off, the food tasted wonderful and looked great and many guests commented on how everything tasted delicious. We worked with Maria and Augustin who were both very professional and had good tips and ideas for us. Maria was so great with communication. She answered my many emailed questions and ideas as we were developing the menu and also for the equipment rental. We selected vegan food for our menu and Augustin had no problems adapting to our requirements and had good suggestions for us. We are very happy we went with Chef's Table!
    Lisa Married on 04/30/2016
    This is an amazing company!! I am so happy that I booked this company to cater for my wedding. They are very professional, responsible and reliable. Their food is wonderful and they take pride in helping to make sure your event runs smoothly. They will work with you based on your budget and help you come up with something that you will be happy with. They know many tricks of the trade and will help to advise you with things you may not have even thought about before. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!!
    Genesis Married on 12/29/2015
    We went to the food tasting with Agustin and it was such a great experience! He walked us through all our options every time we came up with a concern, ie. our guests not getting enough food with certain dishes, eco-friendliness of other plates, etc. We wanted a breakfast-food-stations concept and Augustin was very excited since it was outside the ordinary typical dinner setting for weddings. You can tell that he definitely wanted to do it for us and was passionate about the idea just as much as we were. Unfortunately, our wedding venue was moved to Nevada for family reasons so we could not go with them. Had we kept it in the DMV, we would have definitely booked with them. The price, the flavors, and the gut feelings were all right!
    Karla Married on 11/06/2015
    I was married just this past Friday (11/6/15) and there truly isnt enough space to write all the good things I can say about The Chefs Table. First off, we decided to go with them from the get go because I saw nothing but great reviews and their prices seemed reasonable for the services we wanted. We had our tasting with them and all the food tasted so amazing and was presented with such beauty and care. We decided to go with a sit down dinner instead of a buffet because of the amount of elderly we had in attendance and Im so glad we did. The servers we all so polite and helpful and yet never in the way. Agustin really pulled off my perfect evening. All the linens and everything they set up was beyond perfect. They really went above and beyond anything I ever expected, and really made the whole evening run smoothly. They are so caring about who theyre working with. For example, my father has a service dog who was in attendance and they actually brought her out her own plate of beef chopped up and everything. Any time I need a caterer in the future I will be going with The Chefs Table, I couldnt imagine going with anyone else.
    Kathryn Married on 10/17/2015
    I can't recommend The Chef's Table enough! First thing first: the food is delicious and fairly priced. All out guests were complimenting the food.

But the bigger thing for me was the staff. Agustin is the greatest! He is so nice and friendly. And he was such a huge help. Our venue came with a coordinator but Agustin was just as good. The Chef's Table knows what they're doing and they are there to help at any point along the way. On the wedding night, Agustin was there to make sure everything was running smoothly. He stopped to check on my husband and I a few times to make sure we didn't need anything.

Definitely recommend them. They have so many benefits and I couldn't be happier with them.