Chef Piñeiro - Mesa 364 Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Maegan
    Maegan P. Married on 06/01/2021

Delicious and wonderful!

Words can't even begin to describe how amazing the food and service was by Chef Piñeiro - Mesa 364! First, the service. As the bride and groom, we were met right after walking down the aisle after the wedding with appetizers and drinks. How amazing that was! Our server, Juan Pablo, kept finding us while we were getting photos taken and would bring all the appetizers and drinks. Then when we sat down, he had our own beautiful assortment of all the appetizers served that day. We had a buffet, but the server brought us our food and took care of us the whole night. We had new drinks in our hands before we even had to think about asking for them! The guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was! Our buffet included paella, salad, chicken, a few more sides and the roasted pig. That is a must because the experience of that in itself is so cool! By the time got to check out the buffet, the head was the only thing left. This was worth every penny and I would choose them all over again!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 03/26/2021

Extraordinarily Exquisite, Delicious Cuisine!!!

Chef Piñeiro with Mesa 364 was PHENOMENAL and exceeded every expectations on the day of the wedding ranging from the beautiful presentation, delectable taste, and exceptional service to everyone! I am so ecstatic that our Planner Rosalina (Momentus) recommended Chef Piñeiro! Our guests (both local and nonlocal to Puerto Rico) LOVED the exhilarating food, from the appetizers, to the soup, salad, to the plated entrees (we had filet mignon with lobster, Roasted Chicken, and Saute Salmon options). We received so many compliments on the delicious food and hospitality. Even days after the wedding, we are still receiving so many commendations! Definitely have to give a shout out to Juan Pablo: our very own personal server who really took great care of me and the groom, ensuring we had food and drinks during cocktail and the reception. THANK YOU JUAN PABLO!

In the planning phase, Evelyn assisted and was wonderful, professional, and courteous! Very quick to respond and was so flexible with our requests even leading up to the wedding. They have so many options and they are all GREAT and of globally-inspired variety. Everyone thought it was such a perfect combination! Thank you so much for the delightful experience MESA 364!!!!!
  • Jennie
    Jennie R. Married on 01/21/2021

My local guest were Starstruck!

Chef Piñeiro and his guys were amazing!! The food was delicious and my guest went on and on about everything they ate. The whole roasted pig was beautiful and delicious-guest were raving about the skin! The appetizers were a big hit too. The tiny tacos were my personal favorite, but everything was great!
    Our waiter, Juan-the most thoughtful and amazing server anyone could ask for. He brought me appetizers and a drink during the cocktail hour while we were taking our pictures. He got our dinner and he served us before we could even ask for something-like he could read our minds! Very attentive!

Chef Piñeiro is a local celebrity chef on the island and all the local ladies were going crazy when they saw him! He was nice enough to take pictures with us!

Thank you guys for the delicious food and amazing service!!
    Ashley E. Married on 07/27/2020

The Best!!

We had a small intimate wedding & the food was the best food we have ever had in our lives!!!! The service was beyond expectations. Bernice was making sure we were all taken care of, even helped my father with his tie! She made sure every moment was enjoyed & the flavors of the meal were unlike anything else! Being from NY we have high expectations & they surpassed them all..We highly recommend chef Pineiro!!!
  • Jenny
    Jenny P. Married on 03/12/2020

Delicious food!

We had a great time working with Mesa 364. I married a chef, we had many chefs attending the ceremony, and all our guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The staff was professional, saved appetizers for us during the busy cocktail hour, and brought us plates from the buffet so we could enjoy our meals before mingling and talking to our guests. I was nervous about having a whole roasted pig at our wedding, but it was absolutely delicious and the favorite dish of almost everyone, with most people getting seconds. We hired this vendor based on reviews (we had a destination wedding & couldn’t taste the food in advance) & they exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend!
  • Brianna
    Brianna C. Married on 02/14/2020

Incredible!!

We cannot say enough good things about the incredible food that was served at our wedding. Guests came up to us all night long raving about the appetizers, main dishes and desserts. Was beyond our wildest expectations, 100 percent with every single penny. You can taste and feel the love that goes into each unique and incredible dish!
  • Alexia
    Alexia Married on 02/01/2020

Best service in pr

In all honestly this was hands down out of all of our vendors the best decision we made. The food was unbelievably amazing & the servers were beyond this world as well. The guest would not stop talking about how good and the servers were throughout the WHOLE event! Thank you team for all your work!
  • Dina
    Dina Married on 02/01/2020

Worth Every Penny

I have to say at first I was taken aback by the price of a catered meal for my opening reception, but low and behold I didn't know I would get a better meal that on my wedding night. Chef Pineiro is the best chef on the island. Easily one of the most delicious meals I have ever had in my life. A chef who knows how to make food from the island come alive for people with an unfamiliar pallet. Based on reading the other reviews I think the chef has taken feedback seriously. We had everything included and did not have to worry about plates, napkins, cups or anything. He also took credit cards which can be a pain with other vendors on the island. Over all the vendors I used for my wedding this was easily the best choice we made.
  • Elena
    Elena Married on 12/28/2019

Wow. Just WOW!

I cannot express enough how amazing the food was at my wedding. From hor d'oeuvres to main plate, Chef Pineiro delivered on his promise of cooking local, farm-to-table, 5-Star food. Our guests were raving about it! It's been two months, and I still get compliments about how delicious everything was. Most people do not expect a lot from the food at weddings, but my husband and I are big foodies, and wanted to make sure this aspect of our wedding was perfect. And boy, it was! Thank you sooooo much, Chef!
  • Susie
    Susie M. Married on 11/10/2019

Excellent Food and Service!

Mesa 364 and Chef Piñeiro catered our wedding at Hacienda Siesta Alegre and it was such an amazing and delicious experience! Mesa 364 was recommended to us by our wedding planner (Karisha Marie Events) and it was a pleasure working with them. We worked with Evelyn to set up everything and customize the menu. She was incredibly responsive, helpful, and able to answer all our questions. We were able to do a tasting ahead of time and met Chef Piñeiro which was a treat. My husband is from Puerto Rico and I am from New York, so our wedding was a mix of cultures and everyone loved the food! Additionally, all the staff at Mesa 364 are professional and attentive. They know the hacienda well and have a great set up for cooking there. On our wedding day the waiters saved hors d'oeuvre especially for us and prepared our plates to save time. You cannot go wrong with Mesa 364, worth every penny!!
  • Ivette
    Ivette W. Married on 10/25/2019

The best food ever

The staff is very helpful and friendly, so professional. Took care of all my needs, answered my questions and stayed on top and ahead of everything. The food was incredible, my guests couldn’t stop talking about how good everything was. You will not regret having chef Piñeiro catered your wedding.
  • Katrina
    Katrina Married on 03/03/2019

Food and Staff were Beyond Amazing!!!!

Chef Piñeiro’s operated on the highest level of excellence. Juan Pablo was the waiter assigned specifically to me and the groom, and he never missed a beat. There was even one moment where my husband was petting a dog and Juan Pablo immediately came over with a hot towel so he could clean off his hands. The chef offered is food to take with us since we had less than the 50 we originally expected. Everyone was just so kind.

And the food! My family kept saying how this was the best food they’ve had during their trip to Puerto Rico. Excellent is the only word that keeps coming to mind. Thank you Chef Piñeiro!
  • Ashley Nicole
    Ashley N. Married on 12/21/2018

Best food you'll ever eat!

I'm not joking, he makes the best food I have ever eaten... At my previous experiences at weddings the food is always average, right? So when it was my turn to get married I thought about what was most important to me... Food. Food is literally the most important thing in my life. #FOODisLIFE. Anyway. Chef Piñero makes amazing food, his staff was wonderful, friendly, and attentive. We chose to have a Puerto Rican/ southern style and it was mind blowing.
  • Sharon
    Sharon Married on 10/27/2018

Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food!

Chef Piñeiro - Mesa 364 and staff served us at Hacienda Siesta Alegre and we had the most unbelievable experience! We had the chance to meet Chef Piñeiro for a tasting and he was incredibly humble and professional. During the wedding, our guests kept raving about food, especially the pork belly baos during cocktail hour. We LOVED the tasty pumpkin soup, tropical green salad, filet mignon or chicken breast with chorizo. The servings were well portioned, delicious and brought out in a timely fashion. The staff was also amazing and courteous. If you're looking for top notch catering service for your wedding, Chef Piñeiro is it!
    Celmarie Married on 09/22/2018

recomendado al 100%

El lugar es precioso y recomendado al 100% desde el servicio de los meseros y la comida espectacular.
  • Apryl Michele
    Apryl Married on 05/05/2018
    Chef Pineiro and his team prepared our first meal as Mr. and Mrs. Miller. They did such an amazing job and exceeded all our expectations. It was an absolute honor to have them cater our reception! I even got to meet Chef Pineiro!! While my bridesmaids and I were bustle-ing my wedding gown, they brought us hors d'oeuvers to enjoy (which was so thoughtful and very kind--I was so hungry at that point and so appreciative!!). The quality of service, professionalism, and thoughtfulness of the staff was excellent! The meal and hors d'oeuvers were delicious and very well prepared. Thank you, Chef Pineiro and team!!
    Maegan Married on 03/24/2018
    Going into the selection of our caterer I really relied on my coordinator, Rosalina from Momentus Special Events, to guide me in the right direction. She highly recommended Chef Piniero and I trusted her intuition. We decided not to do a tasting prior to the wedding and to have faith we made the right choice. We were not disappointed! The hors d'eourves were amazing and for the dinner we chose to go with a traditional Puerto Rican pig roast. Everything they served was top notch. I think every guest came up to us at the wedding and in the days following and commented that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. The moment that really stood out for me in regards to the top notch service that was provided, was after taking family photos we were all heading back up to the main venue location to join our guests at cocktail hour and one of the servers came up to us along the way and made sure that both my husband (ah!) and I got to taste everything on the tray. He proceeded to stand just to our sides and made sure that we got our fill of the goodies before focusing on our other guests. It honestly made me so happy not only because everything was so good, but also I've been a part of weddings where the wedding party didn't get to eat anything provided during the cocktail hour and that special attention did not go unnoticed.
    Burton Married on 03/16/2018
    Chef Piniero provided one of the most outstanding meals and service for the for the rehearsal party for my son‘s wedding that one can imagine. The food was magnificent. The service was impeccable and his services were provided a reasonable cost. It was also a tremendous pleasure dealing with him. I cannot recommend anyone higher
  • User3006047 2+ years ago
    Words cant not even begin to express the level of service, beautiful presentation and quality of food we received for our wedding from Chef Piñeiro and his staff! EVERYTHING was absolutely flavorful and delicious! To also have Chef Piñeiro on site during our wedding was literally the icing on the cake! It wold seriously be a disservice to your wedding and wedding guests if Chef Piñeiro was not hired to cater for your special event. Give Maria a call and let them take care of the rest! You will not regret this decision!

Chef Piñeiro - Mesa 364's reply:

Thank you Tanyanika! It was a pleasure!
    Verónica Married on 12/04/2016
    When I was looking for caterers who could work my wedding, I had a lot of trouble finding what I really wanted. When I inquired about service and price with mesa364, I got a response almost immediately, and the effective communication continued until the day of. Maria, who I believe is his sales person, was very responsive, extremely professional, and considering I planned this wedding on my own, her help making this so easy was highly valued.

They are professionals, affordable, and the best part is that the food was AMAZING!!! If you do not live in Puerto Rico (like me) you probably don't know that he has a TV show and he is pretty famous on the island. My brother almost cried when he saw him (humbly) serving the food, and asked me how did I get Chef Piñeiro for my wedding! I honestly did not know that, and hired them based on their excellent service, great reputation in the wedding industry in Puerto Rico, and because his food is just to die for. I recommend them for any occasion and if I ever plan another event in Puerto Rico, I will have them on the top of my list.
    Alondra Married on 12/03/2016
    We found Piñeiro through our wedding planner María Lugo. Given that most people were traveling for our wedding, we wanted to offer them the most authentic, and delicious, traditional Puerto Rican food we could find. Piñeiro's menu was by far the best we saw so we went with him. Once we had our tasting we knew him and Mesa 364 were the perfect choice - it was delicious!!! A huge bonus was the whole roasted pig on display for the wedding. Our guests raved about the food and I saw them eating seconds and thirds throughout the night. Thank you again for such a wonderful dinner!
    Sabrina Married on 11/23/2016
    Chef Pineiro and the crew at Mesa 364 were all FANTASTIC. We planned our wedding from Alaska, and getting in touch with Maria in the Catering Department was easy and awesome. They were very responsive and flexible with us. The day of the wedding, Chef Pineiro and the waiters were timely and prepared. Everyone was so attentive, and the food was SO GOOD. Delicious from start to finish. We're still in awe of how great the entire experience was. I recommend Mesa 364 with no hesitations, and I can guarantee there is no way you will regret using Mesa 364 for your event.
  • Eric & Lisa
    Lisa Married on 06/18/2016
    Fortunately, we live in a city where we are gastronomically spoiled so naturally we wanted the same quality of food and service for our big day. We hired the Mesa team as the caterers for our destination wedding in Rincon, Puerto Rico, June 2016. Mesa's administrative staff was responsive to e-mails and easy to work with. We had multiple menu options within days of our inquiry and their catering outline was concise!

Our menu selections were INCREDIBLE and presentation was pure perfection!

We rented a private villa for our reception and the team was great at respecting the property and cleaning up at the end of the evening. The team was patient and attentive, they graciously provided a sample plate for us as we drifted off for a few minutes of privacy.

The Mesa team was flexible with coordinating a few non-catering items for us as we were in a part of the island with limited resources. We loved their can-do outlook!

Payment processing was easy and timely.
  • Dimara
    Dimara Married on 06/11/2016
    Excellent and delicious food!! Waiters were awesome,administrative accessibility was organize and clear!! Entire service goes beyond expectations!!
  • User2667417 2+ years ago
    Amazing food and service! We were told that he is famous from our local family. We didn't know it - booked based off reviews. Come to find out this vendor was our best choice!