Chef of Distinction Reviews

23 | Hallandale, FL

23 Reviews for Chef of Distinction

I really don't have enough words to describe Chef of Distinction. The name of the company speaks for itself! Chef Judith the owner agreed to cater my wedding at the last moment with a limited budget and the presentation was worth much much much more than what I paid. My guest really loved the food, chef Judith can really make anything and she is very accommodating. Some of my guest are still talking about the food and how good it was still today. The wait staff was very professional and pleasant. I would recommend Chef of Distinction to everyone I know!

Bianca · Married on 07/29/2013

Judith is very professional and reliable. I started planning my wedding only 1 month before the big day. I found Judith online and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of the food served at my wedding.
    She is not only worried about the food flavor, which is outstanding, but also about presentation.
    Our wedding was perfect thanks to Judith's help.

I went to a tasting event this past weekend after reading good reviews. I'm looking for a caterer that is reliable and makes delicious (not just ok) food. My fiancé and I are so happy to have found Judith! We got to taste 15 different things, and we left arguing about which were our favorites. Judith and her husband are super approachable and professional. They took the time to answer all of our questions and bounce some ideas back and forth. They seem very committed to working with us to stay on budget while still getting great food and special touches we were hoping for. We're looking forward to working with them :)

Samantha · Married on 11/10/2012

Judith was AMAZING! Everyone complimented on the food and service. She worked with our budget and went the extra mile to make us happy. Thank you for everything from Sam and Juan! :)

Eric · Married on 09/01/2012

My wife and I recently got married and we used Chef Of Distinction to cater our reception. We originally interviewed several vendors, but it was very clear to us right away that Judith and Michael understood our needs/ideas. To say that this was a great choice would be an understatement. Judith and Michael are amazing. They are both extremely professional and responsive, and completely over-exceeded our expectations (which were high). Aside from coordinating the majority of event, Judith cooked for 80 guests. Her cooking was INCREDIBLE. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was and several people said their filet was the best they've ever had. We cannot express enough how fortunate we feel to have worked with Chef Of Distinction, and we give them our highest recommendation. Our wedding day would not have been the same if Judith and Michael weren't a part of it, they are simply the best.

Wissam · Married on 03/10/2011

Chef of Distinction, together with its owner Chef Able, have the best quality service and food that I have not seen around for a long time. Chef Judith is an amazing professional, always punctual, and always giving attention to details. I have been working with Chef of Distinction for the past 3 years, and every time, they exceed my expectations. I highly recommend their services to everyone.

Sarah · Married on 01/15/2011

Judith went above and beyond what I expected of her - she would always respond quickly to all emails/phone calls leading up to the big day. The food was excellent and she did a great job of making sure all of my linens and chairs (which were all rented) were there on time and were exactly what I had envisioned. I loved the way she did open bar - you tell her how many guests you have (when you give your final head count) and she works with a liquor store to determine how much liquor you will need based on that number. You only have to pay for the bottles of liquor and not a jacked up price per person for an open bar. It saved SO MUCH money that way! Also, I absolutely LOVED the woman she worked with for cakes - my cake was PHENOMENAL - everyone commented on and loved it and it looked exactly like the picture I picked out.
    Judith was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend her for anyone's wedding!

Sarah · Married on 10/23/2010

Judith is absolutely amazing. We hired her for our wedding in October and, while it wasn't a destination wedding for us, it was for her. As such, she had some issues finding one particular ingredient that would have been no problem to find in Florida but wasn't readily available in Virginia. Problem? Nope. On the fly, she altered the dish to allow for the missing ingredient, while keeping to the original feel of the menu. Furthermore, she is one of those individuals who is capable of providing professional service, while making you feel like you are the only bride who ever existed. Although we only knew of her by reputation before our wedding, we now consider her a friend. Our only complaint? That she lives too far away! Our guests still talk about her food and lament that she isn't in the area for their events.

Mariluly · event on: 12/10/2011

It was the best service we have ever seen in catering.. food was excellent, service was superior. Everyone was so impressed with the party and catering. Thank you so much for your services. We will ensure that we recommend you to everyone we know.

Cheryl · event on: 12/09/2011

This was my first experience using a caterer. Even though our budget was not unlimited, from the onset, Chef Able made me feel at ease. I greatly appreciated their professionalism. Preparing for this event was easier because I had Chef and her staff to depend upon. Great personalities, prompt and courteous service. A wonderful and professional staff. And the food was AWESOME. I truly enjoyed the experience and would not hesitate to use their services again as well as recommend them to family and friends.

Anne-Marie · event on: 06/14/2013

Judith and her team at Chef of Distinction have become our "go to" caterer for all our events in Florida. She's like an extension of our own team and takes great pride in keeping our events on brand. Best of all we like that we know we can count on her.

• Y

Yvonne · event on: 04/06/2013

I spoke to several caterers and Judith was the most creative, flexible and afforable by far.
    Then......the food was so amazing that it was gone in no time!!!!!

Andrea · event on: 05/04/2014

Having Chef Judith at my event for my clients was an amazing experience. She did a 4 course cooking class presentation and the food was fantastic. Everyone enjoyed themselves and I look forward to having her back again!

Andrea · event on: 05/03/2014

Judith and her team did an amazing job for my husband's 50th surprise birthday celebration. The details, friendliness of staff but most of all the quality and taste of the food. Everything was absolutely delicious and our guests were all impressed and enjoyed it all.
    Thank you Judith. I will definitely be using your services in the future and wish you continued success!
    Andrea

Nathalie · Married on 03/24/2012

Chef Judith and Mike were a pleasure to work with!! They were very attentive to our needs and requests and they were very flexible with our cultural add-ons! The food was great and the service excellent!

HARLEY · Married on 11/21/2010

I WAS PLEASE TO BE ABLE NOT JUST BE PROVIDED UNSURPASSED AND PROFESSIONAL CATERING SERVICE BUT A WEDDING PLANNER WITH IMPECCIABLE TASTE AS WELL AS SUPER WEDDING COORDINATOR THAT IS ALSO AN REOWNED FLORIST- EVERYONE WORKED VERY HARD BUT FLAWLESS MY FAMILY AND FRIEND WERE TRULY IMPRESS.

THANKS

MR.&MRS. HARRY AUGUSTE -WEDDING DATE 11/21/10

Joseph · Married on 10/19/2013

Judith is an amazing Chef. We are foodies, for sure, and if she had a restaurant, would eat there regularly.

She did a great job at our wedding of 190 people, on October 19, 2013 at Miami Beach Botanical Garden. We had many guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had. We went to several different vendors to do sample meals before we tried Judith. She is in different league. She offer true gourmet food on par with the most expensive caterers, at a price that is very competitive.

Her starters are all excellent, you cant go wrong. As our entree, we had a combo plate of Filet Minon with mushroom red wine reduction, roasted chicken breast with mustard taragon sauce, truffle mash potatoes, and grilled vegetables. I was also tempted to go with her lamb chops, or her skirt steak, which are both excellent. She has a wedding cake partner who did a fine Job, and created a beautiful cake for us, with an ornate flower design outside, and ammaretto and pistacio filing, with fresh fruit on the side. It was a big hit. Judith also prepared an assortment macaroon for us to be served with dessert.

If I had any criticism it would be that she may have a tendency to be under staffed slightly. So I would discuss that in some detail as it could be easily amended.

We are very lucky to have found, Judith and I highly recommend her to any bride and groom who care about the food they serve their guests.

Joey & Jen

Blythe · Married on 09/28/2013

Chef Judith and her team were extremely helpful through the process and very accommodating in terms of our needs and requests. The food was delicious at our wedding and we received a lot of compliments on the choices and flavor. From the first time meeting both Chef Judith and Michael, I knew that we were in good hands. Chef was very professional in all aspects of the process and committed to quality service. It was really a pleasure to work with them both and I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in memorable affair. It would be my intention to keep them in mind for future events.

Leanne · Married on 04/29/2011

We contacted Chef Judith for a quote after choosing our wedding venue as she was one of the preferred caterers for the Leiser Opera Center in Ft. Lauderdale. We provided her with our overall concept, and she created a fantastic customized menu that reflected our tastes and backgrounds perfectly. She also worked with us to make the necessary changes to meet our budget. Everything was delicious and well presented, and her staff was very professional. Our family and friends were extremely impressed - we highly recommend Chef of Distinction!

• Burma

Burma · Married on 12/22/2012

My husband and I chose Chef of Distinction because they are one solid team!! They rocked at our wedding and although it was pricey, it was worth every penny. In being the wedding business, I will definitely be referring this catering company to my future clients.

S · Married on 03/19/2011

As with all caterers, you have to hope they will provide the kind of service they promise when your big day comes...I will tell you that Judith and her group at Chef of Distinction went well above and beyond. They were professional, courteous, prompt and the food was excellent! My husband and I recieved compliment after compliment on the food and polite staff. Trust me you can't go wrong here! A+++

Regine · Married on 07/27/2013

My guests RAVED about the Cocktail Hour and the Pasta Station. They just couldn't get enough!! There was a lot of flavor, the portions were perfect and the presentation was beautiful.